Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 7, 2012 9:53 AM

Mar 2011
Good episode and a good series so far. The ecchi humor is definitely amusing.

I wonder if she can use the vector arms to swim with.

I am guessing she switches form Nyu to Lucy when she's attacked?
brucescrewsFeb 7, 2012 9:57 AM
Feb 17, 2012 3:23 PM

Jan 2012
Lol at that one girl asking "what's wrong?" What do you think is wrong? One of his arms
is broken and the other one is chopped off. Oh, not to mention, his eyes have been gauged out.

Otherwise, very interesting so far!
Jun 4, 2012 7:01 PM

May 2012
I was flipping over the whole vector thing, but when those fingers bored into Bando's eyes... Holy crap, man.
The scene with the underwear? I said "PWNED" out loud, no joke, true story.
Jun 30, 2012 10:50 PM

Jan 2012
So, she got 4 invisible arms?

I loled when Kouta was chaning lucy :P
Jul 9, 2012 1:03 PM

May 2012
Very nice episode can't wait for the next one!
Aug 14, 2012 10:14 PM
Jul 2012
PSNB said:
Favorite bit so far has got to be this.

Best part ever

This episode was quite good.
First i thought the art sucked. But it's looking good. Blood is just look like ketchup.
Lucy got some crazy powers. Lucy is awesome.
4/5
Sep 21, 2012 1:57 PM

Apr 2011
dat fanservice.
Dec 27, 2012 7:43 PM

Apr 2010
TheRedSpade said:
well, first ep was violent but didnt bother me that much. but seeing the preview for this ep... theres a puppy... is something terrible going to happen to it? because i dont know if i could deal with that... puppy death = depressing

Jan 1, 2013 5:54 AM

Oct 2010
I was just waiting for her to finish him off...
hopefuly they'll fight later in the series, so shecan finish what she started, cuz I don't think that his character is gonna be written off just yet, maybe they'll turn him into a cyborg or something, dont know!
But I have very high hopes for this anime! all the gore.. ಥ‿ಥ
Feb 5, 2013 5:15 AM

Jan 2012
i find her cute side quite annoying i love it when she flips and goes all psycho when the camera zoomed in and just showed her eye glaring through her hair... it was like SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!! but yeah bandoh never had a chance, too cocky for my liking too so i was laughing when he was wriggling on the floor in some vain attempt to get her without use of his arms and eyes......

and a good laugh at the end scene too so im happy with this episode, didn't realise there were more of them though, god this anime is going to get violent isn't it, excited xD
Feb 19, 2013 3:44 AM

Dec 2012
Bando's freakin' invincible! But come on Nyu/Lucy, he just wanted a fun boss fight! There was no need to "FATALITY!" him like that
Apr 1, 2013 8:11 PM

Mar 2013
"The beach gets bloody and you get dead"
I think im going to like this anime.
"Stop whining, all I did was chop off your stupid legs."
Apr 30, 2013 5:02 AM

Jan 2013
I'm a little bit afraid of this anime...
Does Nya have split personality???
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 9, 2013 9:17 AM

Oct 2012
If anyone saw my comment in the episode 1 discussion he/she'd know that I was a little bit disappointed of it because of the superfluous gore and ecchi scenes. I got to admit this episode is better. It gets quite interesting, and leaves some open questions. Like aforementioned I wonder if Nyu aka. Lucy has a split personality. I wonder what's going on with her mysterious "weapon" and who she is for real, and of course who the girl shown off at the end is. But I guess I can expect that my questions will be answered in the later episodes, right?

There wasn't that much gore like in the previous episode, and I liked how it was in this episode. There's still ecchi, but okay, not that much. The only ecchi scene was where Kouta has to change Lucy's clothes, poor Kouta. With that statement I'm referring to the scene where he was seen by Yuka when undressing Lucy. It was kind of funny, too. Now I'm actually interested in this show, and hope it gets better. My vote goes to 3 out of 5 this time, and by chance I'll comment the next episode, too, unless my laziness resists me from doing that. =P
May 15, 2013 10:06 AM

Apr 2013
Guess this Bando guy was ultra lucky. But with his attitude he wont last long.

And the part when Kohta was changing Nyu's cloths was laughable.
Sep 15, 2013 8:58 PM
Feb 2011
Going back and rewatching this series after two years. I have to say, its as good as I remember it. Lucy kicks ass.
Jan 10, 2014 7:54 AM

May 2013
Not very interesting
Feb 2, 2014 12:10 AM

Oct 2013
so there are others like lucy, i wonder what number lucy was when she was prisoner at the lab thingy
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Mar 10, 2014 1:20 AM

Jan 2014
An excellent follow-up of the first episode. Made me fall even more in love with this anime.
Apr 9, 2014 4:00 AM

Oct 2013
Only good thing about this Anime is its nudity.
May 22, 2014 4:16 PM

Feb 2012
A very interesting episode.

Elfen Lied 02 Episode Thoughts:

The clock is now 02:03 when I am wriing this. First, I wanna know who were that girl they showed in beach and when episode began. So not only goverment is looking Lucy but also police or would I say detectives, they probaby has bigger role to play in this.

OMG! Bando got pretty muxh ass-wiped in the beach by Lucy. Which holded seashell, oh I think why she probably went to beach. She were try to found same kind of she broke earlier to Kouta. I am not sure If I am correct but I think it's right

The reason she changed her personality again it must somehow connected to her horns, or maybe when she get's scared it will automatically happen to her. And also that how she changed back to Nyuu after holding that shell. I hope this get's explained in the next epiode. Will this be end of Bando... who knows.

One thing is sure, he won't be up to jobs. arms and his blind, HOLY SHIT! Lucy sliced him relly badly.

This only guess, but I suppose they have going some human experiments? The girl they showed end (77) is she same kind of creature like Lucy. And is there more these... And those 4 arms Lucy has they has to be some kind of meaning... telekinesis...

This show has definitely some nudity scenes, but they don't disturb so much watching. And I would'nt say it fanservice type like. This episode pickked pace to medium level from slow. Kouta trying to change Nyuu clothes, well good luck with getting slapped probably by Yuka. :D
MixxuMay 22, 2014 4:26 PM
Aug 15, 2014 4:40 PM

Sep 2013
If she's really THAT dangerous, it would have made sense to evacuate the whole town and set inspection points across exits. Especially if your SAT exams are out beating up civilians... thats some really bad press.
Sep 28, 2014 8:48 AM
Mar 2014
Haha dat moment when he take of here clothes xD.
Sep 28, 2014 6:06 PM

Oct 2013
YIKES. Even after being experienced with plenty more anime, the violence in this episode was cringe-worthy. Not in a bad way, mind you, but... damn. Just almost difficult to watch.

I can't be the only one who thinks this dude's head is way too small for his body.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jan 2, 2015 1:11 PM

Jun 2012
Damn a double personality, super exciting. And number 7 :)
What is the most cowardly and shameful thing in human conduct? It's when people with power and people who flatter them hide in safe places and extol war, force patriotism and self-sacrifice on others, then send them to the battlefield to die. For the sake of peace in the universe, before we continue this fruitless war with the Empire, mustn't we first start by exterminating such evil parasites? - Yang Wenli
Apr 26, 2015 11:25 AM

Sep 2014
Woah 2 personalities , that's getting interesting.. And one more girl..

I'm so sad for that dog :'(
May 18, 2015 2:11 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
The OP is just really awsome *-*
So there are more of them? Interesting o.o
Can't wait to find out more of the Plot.
And I wonder what the conditions are to make Lucy "change"

May 18, 2015 2:49 PM
Jul 2014
Nyuu will shift to her Lucy persona if she hits her head or is in danger. Lucy will usually change back quickly though. There is a reason for that. Lucy would actually much rather be in her Nyuu state, since she suffers from an extreme amount of self loathing, guilt, and pathological anger. Lucy is...not a very happy person.
May 24, 2015 6:23 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
literaturenerd said:
Nyuu will shift to her Lucy persona if she hits her head or is in danger. Lucy will usually change back quickly though. There is a reason for that. Lucy would actually much rather be in her Nyuu state, since she suffers from an extreme amount of self loathing, guilt, and pathological anger. Lucy is...not a very happy person.

Ohh okay thanks for the explaination! I hope they will explain more about Lucy as the anime goes on. It sounds really interesting.
Can't wait to find out the whole story u.u

Jun 8, 2015 5:37 AM

May 2014
This is getting interesting. So there are more creatures like Lucy. I'm starting to like this show :D
Jun 17, 2015 12:28 PM

Apr 2013
I hoped that Lucy would finish that soldier, oh well...
Oh seems like she has a sister! This should be fun :)
Jul 6, 2015 4:20 PM

May 2015
Kohta is acting like changing Lucy's clothes embarrassed him, but I'm guessing he actually enjoyed that xD
Nov 10, 2015 4:26 PM
Jul 2018
"You enjoy this, don't you?"

All I got to say lol.
Nov 11, 2015 4:58 PM

Jun 2015
"Lilium" is one hell of memorable opening. I have a weak spot for opera and it's performed briliantly. Kumiko Noma did her job well.

And about the episode - I'm always amazed how for series/anime/book/whatevs characters it's always the obvious choice to hide the wanted person. In the real world it's like 99% chance that people would report somebody but in fiction - nah! Because if police is looking for them then that SURELY doesn't mean that wanted are the bad guys, right? :'D Eh, so typical.

- Nyu nyu.
- Hodor hodor hodor.
Just sayin'. :x
Jan 11, 2016 8:43 AM

Feb 2014
Aww Lucy got Kohta a replacement seashell. So even though she's a violent murderer, she's still a good person!

Okay yeah there's blood and gore and all but did we really need to see poking out eyes??? *squirms*

Kohta is really awkward when it comes to changing Lucy's clothes lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2016 10:55 AM

Aug 2014
So many plot holes , I wonder why they sent those useless weapons if they knew in the first episode that it won't work , also her change in emotional statues is somehow dumb .
Another Bad Episode , hope this get better .
Feb 2, 2016 5:58 PM

Jul 2014
Better than episode 1.

The violence and fanservice are still retarded though.

2/5
Apr 22, 2016 8:34 PM
Jul 2018
thecatchphrase said:
So far I think this series is going to be pretty damn awesome.

I second that notion.

nep-nep said:
If she's really THAT dangerous, it would have made sense to evacuate the whole town and set inspection points across exits. Especially if your SAT exams are out beating up civilians... thats some really bad press.

Too much logic. Lmao

This show can actually get pretty sweet, as well. That panty-removal scene XD Bad timing.
And there's another Lucy? Wat?!

Also... that puppy. It's adorable.
Aug 26, 2016 1:05 PM
Aug 2016
I am so determind to watch Episode 2 Discussion all over again
Dec 10, 2016 3:27 PM

Jun 2016
is there any good story ?
Mar 2, 2018 7:20 AM
Dec 2017
ok? is she acting like cute or Lucy has two person in one body!! and i think Lucy likes to be naked...
Mar 24, 2018 12:05 PM

Sep 2017
After Nyu comes papa.

But Bando was interesting. He may be the only guy I am rooting for in this anime.

And Yuka pulls off another School Days crush stereotype. Why am I not surprised.
Those police officers are as dumb as fuck. They couldn't tell from Kouta's facial expressions that he has seen Nyu, both times.

This anime places a lot of emphasis on nudity. Especially Lucy's breasts. We didn't need to see those nipples.

Also, what happened to sea shells. Don't tell me she repaired them.

At least Lucy has many hands, we get to see that now.

We need more of Bando.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Feb 27, 2019 9:47 AM
Apr 2016
Pretty good episode. So, Lucy has an alter ego, a second personality...evil one (?) We got to see her ability, interesting one. Lucy fixing that seashell was adorable, she's nice.
Feb 27, 2019 9:53 AM
Oct 2018
Got pretty bored during the episode, episode 1 was better IMO
Jun 7, 2019 4:30 PM

Apr 2016
Great looking backgrounds, mediocre characters, and pretty edgy. Overall might remain on my dropped list, not too sure.
Apr 29, 2020 10:54 AM

Mar 2020
guy MC looks like Makoto from school days in an alternate universe where he never met them crazy hoes and went to college instead.
dude can't catch a break dealing with these crazy ass girls. hope he gets to keep his head this time around.
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
May 17, 2020 7:44 PM
Apr 2020
two things to say: first, the change in her personality from lucy to nyuu, absolutely adorable and terrifying at the same time. Second, that chill reaction from that little girl from the beach... How can you be so calm after seeing a man without an arm and both eyes bleeding, like what the hell. is it *that* normal to happen there or...
May 23, 2020 12:20 PM

Dec 2018
Lucy sure knows the nice spot for Bandoh to see.

So Lucy is an experiment, and seems there'll be battle between those experiments.

I hope this is not going to turn out to be another harem MC, I've recently had enough of it.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Sep 17, 2020 4:04 PM
Aug 2020
ok the OP is AMAZING I LOVE ITTTTT!!!!!! plus ahh i see alot of boobs O_o
Sep 26, 2020 5:10 PM

Jul 2020
Felt bad that Lucy didn’t finish Bandoh, but I think losing an arms and eyes is a torture. Wonder how he’ll overcome that.

So Lucy is a product of experiment, and those conducting experiments on her loose control of her. I wonder if the other Lucy has the same ability as hers.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» How is this still rated 7.5?

Dirittoprocedura - Apr 29

25 by Phloup »»
Apr 29, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sandgolem - Aug 26, 2007

139 by ssangy »»
Apr 3, 12:36 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Chelle - Aug 21, 2007

199 by vikivill »»
Apr 1, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

then - Nov 30, 2007

105 by GarlicDead »»
Mar 31, 5:08 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

then - Dec 4, 2007

429 by DigitalCoin »»
Mar 11, 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.