Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (23) « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 22 » ... Last »
Sep 15, 2017 12:13 PM

Nov 2016
JohnTron said:
Uh this ending was so depressing and dragged out.
If this is what the 'best rom-com' has to offer leave me out of the rest of the genre lol

Gladly :) (There are a lot of rom-coms I haven't seen though)
Sep 29, 2017 2:28 PM
May 2016
OMG! A PERFECT ENDING!
Way too melodramatic, but i almost had a heart attack when Taiga disappeared, but wow, i loved this anime way more than i through, i will be in mi koroko for a while. Just, such a cute and charming story. 100% recomended
Oct 17, 2017 8:20 PM

Jun 2013
That was quite the show! It had it all: silly moments, happy moments, ones that make you cry, and others that make you yell at the screen; it was amazing! I love how the story developed, and the plot was brilliant! A really well made show, with great characters and music, nice animation, and all the feels. It was a heck of a ride! 10 out of 10, I highly recommend it!

"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Oct 18, 2017 1:49 AM

Sep 2012
kingraptor724 said:
I cant believe I wasted 8 hours watching this garbage. Started out good and just got worse as it went along with an atrocious ending. Should have just done riujiu x ami and have taiga as the little sister of the family. This was so predictable and obnoxious. The only good character, ami who actually had a bit of depth to her and interesting things to say got way too little screen time.

IMO: I think you have to be 12 or socially awkward to think this was a masterpiece.

u just don't understand romance anime's & human emotions & that's ur problem :)

8/10
Sugram22Oct 18, 2017 1:55 AM
Oct 18, 2017 1:57 AM

Jan 2016
Sugram22 said:
kingraptor724 said:
I cant believe I wasted 8 hours watching this garbage. Started out good and just got worse as it went along with an atrocious ending. Should have just done riujiu x ami and have taiga as the little sister of the family. This was so predictable and obnoxious. The only good character, ami who actually had a bit of depth to her and interesting things to say got way too little screen time.

IMO: I think you have to be 12 or socially awkward to think this was a masterpiece.

u just don't understand romance anime's & human emotions & that's ur problem :)

8/10

Maybe anime should start going the human emotion route then. Because holo and lawrence arent the favorite couple of anime for no reason. Funny how they seem the most realistic and human. Anime writers need to stop writing romance based on their autistic fantasies.
Oct 18, 2017 7:54 AM

Jun 2013
EuphoricMelody said:
For anyone reading this thread in 2017~~~~~

Soo....anime adaption of a Light Novel series, this is.

First and foremost I encourage anyone who enjoyed the series to read the light novels. Just going to comment on some peoples points

So in the LN series taigas mom actually threatens to not only take her away but tells ryujii he will never see her again.
- With taigas dad's business going under she had actually be living in her apartment that hadn't been paid for in a while so she was technically living there illegally.

These things weighed heavily on the decision for the 2 of them to run off together and elope. the fact that they didn't add these details in the anime made the whole situation extremely empty and lack the depth it should have had

Also

-Taiga didn't simply run off back to her family/mom. Her and ryujii come to this realization it needs to happen so taiga can fix her issues with her mom. I can't remember if this was back at ryujii's house or the grandparents but early in the morning taiga tries to wake him up to let him know she's leaving so she can take care of things. Him and his mom are both awake but pretend to be asleep. He can't afford to respond because he knows if he turns around he wouldnt let her go.

- When she does leave, his mom asks him if he's truly ok with that? He says he isn't and attempts to run and get her but she is already gone. He then breaks down in the street (it's quite heartbreaking) WAY BETTER THAN HOW THE ANIME did it -_-

-Ami actually really cares for taiga and stays specifically because of her. They are way better friends in the LN

-the LN constantly shows how minorin isn't a good match for ryuuji so it makes ryuuji x taiga make way more sense towards the end

-Unlike in the anime where taiga returns a year later and everyones graduating, SHE COMES BACK 2 MONTHS LATER in the LN. She has managed to patch things up with her mom and her mom agrees to let her spend her last year of highschool with her boyfriend and friends. The story ends with them holding eachothers hands and going off to school to meet with kitamuru, minorin and ami

Some other things to consider

- Taiga character development is far greater than what the anime portrays it to be. She is affectionate and loving/caring towards ryujii and it pisses me off that they kept her looking childish/immature/etc

Here is a snippit from epilogue of final volume (this is when she meets back up with him after being gone for 2 months)

Ryuuji tightly embraced Taiga's tiny figure with all his strength without any hesitation.

"-Embraced me right away!?"

So fierce, so strong, so tiny, so soft, so bashful, so cute-- this was Taiga.

"Sorry."

Taiga was always so sudden.

Suddenly appearing, suddenly bumping into Ryuuji, suddenly taking his heart away completely. She was always like that from the beginning. He knew it would turn out like this as they embraced each other, breathing deeply, and shouted, You're back! You're back! I'm back! I'm back! They were glad that she was able to come back, both of their worlds were filled with joy.

Their embrace was full of love, slowly opening their eyes, which were slightly tearful, they looked at each other and spoke of their respective loneliness all this time before now while smiling all the way.

"It's Taiga! Taiga! Taiga! It really is you! ... It really is Taiga!"

"Yes, it's me, Ryuuji! My dear Ryuuji!"

(NO HEADBUTT)

"What about your apartment!? Where're you living now!? You... dammit! What were you doing all this time!? Where have you been all along!? You didn't even contact me!"

"Right there..."

Taiga moved her wet eyes and motioned to the white apartment block by the side, her voice still full of laughter,

"I can't go back there anymore. But I still live nearby, just over there. You can all come visit my house! It's very near!"

"...Of course I'll be coming! Definitely!"

"Mom and my new Dad will be there... as well as my little brother! He's cute! They've all rented a house nearby just for me! Though on the condition that I take care of my brother when she's at work. But we'll be moving out as soon as I graduate, you know?"

"I see."

"Thought so."

According to Ryuuji, on the road that led to his future, he would marry Taiga and begin his dream of living together with her. Taiga would no doubt be dreaming the same dream. Everyone would be in that dream as well. It was because such a beautiful dream awaited them that they were able to smile so happily and ecstatically.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(both mutually knowing that they would marry/live together after graduation and start their new lives from there) SO MUCH BETTER THAN CONFESSION/HEADBUTT ENDING !!!

And that basically wraps it up. Anime was good but I feel people will have much more appreciation for Toradora if they also read the LN

Hope this helps anyone watching this series in 2017 ! :D until next time !

(this was a bit rushed and i know grammar isn't all there and misspellings of names but if anyone has any questions/comments feel free to hit me up !

Thanks for that. The ending was a bit flat, good to know it's better in the LN, I'll have to read them.
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Nov 23, 2017 11:16 AM

May 2016
First thing this was one hell of a ride I will give it 8/10 I think it's popularity is because it's kinda old now that it's been 10 years since it was first released well regardless this show was pretty good for that time.

I didn't like the side characters that much to be honest they were all kinda boring and lousy after all I think it was a good anime.
Dec 18, 2017 6:04 PM

Oct 2017
I was really waiting for that ending. Jesus.
Great anime overall!
Jan 13, 2018 5:32 AM

Nov 2016
Turtok said:
A solid 6/10 I guess. It was a really bumpy road but the end gave me a warm fuzzy feeling, as ridiculous as it has been. That's all you can ask for, right? The way to get there was kind of painful though.

Despite all it keeps it's charme and poetic nature. Would recommend to some people.

Honestly I found Toradoras pacing great. Never painful for me.
Jan 14, 2018 11:26 AM

Sep 2017
10/10 One of my fav animes along Shigatsu wa kimi no Uso ,and Steins Gate.
I laughed very much and enjoyed every moments of this show which is imo very cute.
yikes
Feb 12, 2018 2:03 PM

Sep 2017
I understand what Taiga did in this episode and why. It's just a shame they didn't have a few more episodes to explain it properly. I'd been wondering since they mentioned her dad's business had gone under, how the apartment was being paid for and if she still had her allowance. I did assume going in to this episode, that she would have to move in with Ryuuji, but the monologue she had before leaving that letter was saying she needed to get things straightened out with her mum, before they could be together properly. So she finished the school year while living with her, and was then able to return

Also pretty confident at this point that Minorin is not having to hide her emotions like she was before and moving on ok, and the very short conversation between Ryuuji and Ami when they found the star confirmed pretty much everything I'd assumed about Ami - who actually turned out to be a really good character, again the drawback being not enough episodes to see proper development for her character, but reading between the lines in previous episodes and what she said in this one gives a good idea of what she was like in the source material. Also I knew she liked it when Ryuuji called her a child in that conversation about what she should be eating (when he buying the pork for dinner) since several others in the same episode had called her mature or refined. Just like she said in the last episode to Minorin, they're young and it seems like she wants to enjoy that more than she's been allowed

I enjoyed it all the way through, but from what I've seen commented and from what I saw in the episodes, it seems like a fair amount of detail was cut in the adaptation to anime, so it possibly could have been better if made over two seasons of 15-20 episodes rather than one of 25. Although probably never possible as anime seasons always seem to be either 10-13 eps, or 22-25
Feb 18, 2018 6:08 PM
May 2017
EuphoricMelody said:

First and foremost I encourage anyone who enjoyed the series to read the light novels. Just going to comment on some peoples points

So in the LN series taigas mom actually threatens to not only take her away but tells ryujii he will never see her again.
- With taigas dad's business going under she had actually be living in her apartment that hadn't been paid for in a while so she was technically living there illegally.

These things weighed heavily on the decision for the 2 of them to run off together and elope. the fact that they didn't add these details in the anime made the whole situation extremely empty and lack the depth it should have had

Also

-Taiga didn't simply run off back to her family/mom. Her and ryujii come to this realization it needs to happen so taiga can fix her issues with her mom. I can't remember if this was back at ryujii's house or the grandparents but early in the morning taiga tries to wake him up to let him know she's leaving so she can take care of things. Him and his mom are both awake but pretend to be asleep. He can't afford to respond because he knows if he turns around he wouldnt let her go.

- When she does leave, his mom asks him if he's truly ok with that? He says he isn't and attempts to run and get her but she is already gone. He then breaks down in the street (it's quite heartbreaking) WAY BETTER THAN HOW THE ANIME did it -_-

-Ami actually really cares for taiga and stays specifically because of her. They are way better friends in the LN

-the LN constantly shows how minorin isn't a good match for ryuuji so it makes ryuuji x taiga make way more sense towards the end

-Unlike in the anime where taiga returns a year later and everyones graduating, SHE COMES BACK 2 MONTHS LATER in the LN. She has managed to patch things up with her mom and her mom agrees to let her spend her last year of highschool with her boyfriend and friends. The story ends with them holding eachothers hands and going off to school to meet with kitamuru, minorin and ami

- Taiga character development is far greater than what the anime portrays it to be. She is affectionate and loving/caring towards ryujii and it pisses me off that they kept her looking childish/immature/etc

Here is a snippit from epilogue of final volume (this is when she meets back up with him after being gone for 2 months)

Ryuuji tightly embraced Taiga's tiny figure with all his strength without any hesitation.

"Sorry."

Suddenly appearing, suddenly bumping into Ryuuji, suddenly taking his heart away completely. She was always like that from the beginning. He knew it would turn out like this as they embraced each other, breathing deeply, and shouted, You're back! You're back! I'm back! I'm back! They were glad that she was able to come back, both of their worlds were filled with joy.

Their embrace was full of love, slowly opening their eyes, which were slightly tearful, they looked at each other and spoke of their respective loneliness all this time before now while smiling all the way.

(NO HEADBUTT)

"What about your apartment!? Where're you living now!? You... dammit! What were you doing all this time!? Where have you been all along!? You didn't even contact me!"

"Right there..."

Taiga moved her wet eyes and motioned to the white apartment block by the side, her voice still full of laughter,

"I can't go back there anymore. But I still live nearby, just over there. You can all come visit my house! It's very near!"

"Mom and my new Dad will be there... as well as my little brother! He's cute! They've all rented a house nearby just for me! Though on the condition that I take care of my brother when she's at work. But we'll be moving out as soon as I graduate, you know?"

"I see."

"Thought so."

According to Ryuuji, on the road that led to his future, he would marry Taiga and begin his dream of living together with her. Taiga would no doubt be dreaming the same dream. Everyone would be in that dream as well. It was because such a beautiful dream awaited them that they were able to smile so happily and ecstatically.

(both mutually knowing that they would marry/live together after graduation and start their new lives from there) SO MUCH BETTER THAN CONFESSION/HEADBUTT ENDING !!!

And that basically wraps it up. Anime was good but I feel people will have much more appreciation for Toradora if they also read the LN

(this was a bit rushed and i know grammar isn't all there and misspellings of names but if anyone has any questions/comments feel free to hit me up !

tanks man i was very very disappointed in the ending it felt so rushed and bs i hate when anime does this ... they did it with Charlotte as well its annoying as hell im happy how the story turned out in the LN even tho i haven't read it after reading your post i am very happy. Again tank you ! i hope Re:live's 4 episode ova to finish the series story isn't as shit and rushed.
Feb 23, 2018 5:21 PM
Dec 2017
Toradora lived up to the hype. I wish I watched this anime much sooner then I had. It was entertaining from start to finish. Like many, I didn't care for episode 24. It felt rush, The characters went from 0 to 100 really quick. Speaking of characters, I didn't care for Taiga in the beginning but grew to like her towards the second half of the season. My favorites were Ami and Minori. Ami because she knew how everyone felt and knew how things were going end up. And I liked Minori for her energetic attitude and random whimsical dialogue.

Of course when starting this series, We knew the title characters Ryuji and Taiga would end up together in the end. But still, it was fun series to watch. Also, I was surprised by many of the turns and events in the story. Definitely a top 10 romantic comedy anime. 8/10
Feb 26, 2018 12:14 PM
Feb 2018
Really enjoyed Toradora! The ending did feel a bit weak but was a happy one (Thanks EuphoricMelody for the LN version ending comparison) I'll definitely rewatch this and Ryuji & Taiga were great together
Mar 16, 2018 1:49 PM

Feb 2018
Well, after the trainwreck of episode 24, episode 25 was nice. I guess it was a interesting cliche-breaker to have Taiga leave, but if she came back after one year, not so sure what she could have accomplished, but I guess that was enough time for her to settle things with her family.

I think the biggest letdown of the series was not giving Ami enough screen time and development, because she was the most complex character, seems like she was left out, and she had so much potential.

Minorin, on the other hand, was completely all over the place, no consistency at all.

Oh, almost forgot, Inko-chan said her name!!!

All in all, the series was enjoyable for me, although the way they solved things left a lot to be desired, Ryuu x Taiga getting together was simply done badly, and that was supposed to be the most important moment of the series.

7/10

May 3, 2018 5:17 AM
May 2018
Today is May/2018. I've just seen all the episodes of Toradora. I've love'd it. It's an awesome anime, but I'd like do watch a second season. Does anyone know if there's a possibility of a second season? :D
May 3, 2018 6:04 AM

May 2010
Major2701 said:
Today is May/2018. I've just seen all the episodes of Toradora. I've love'd it. It's an awesome anime, but I'd like do watch a second season. Does anyone know if there's a possibility of a second season? :D

No way, no how, light novel is finished and this anime is a complete adaptation.
Aug 14, 2018 10:32 AM

Dec 2014
i just finished rewatching this
i think this episode was nice, personally i didn't like the fact that taiga had to go away, but it's better for her to be with her mom and not in an apartment alone.

i just would've changed the fact that ryuuji starts to realize he likes taiga after she unconsciously confesses to him, i thik he liked her wayyy before, maybe since the cultural festival, but for some reason he was stilll in love with minori
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2018 3:14 PM
Aug 2018
Why did it have to end like thatttt

Why did Taiga have to leave? That was so uneccesary and it felt like the writers were just trying to find a way for the series to end on 25 episodes...

But the rest of it was good. Its an 8 for me! Loved all the characters!
a
Oct 14, 2018 6:55 AM

Nov 2011
Wow. I’m really so glad I decided to rewatch this series. What was once a “meh” title for me now lives up to the hype of being one of the best anime romcoms. The characters were multifaceted, the comedy was on point, and the drama delivered.

One other thing that was nice is that I came out liking all of the characters this time. In the previous watch years ago I found both Minori and Ami to be annoying— I didn’t this time, and I have a particular appreciation for Ami in particular. It was always about Ryuugi x Taiga in my mind though; it just seemed so obvious to me from the get-go. The ship name is literally the title of the series. (To date, True Tears is the only love triangle that has really made me uncertain about the outcome.)

Toradora! is a great series. It does have some rough edges here and there. The characters felt like they had even more to offer that the adaptation perhaps didn’t get to bring out, for example. Also, I had some minor issues with a couple points of drama. All in all though it really was impressive for a romcom. The romance paid off and I find myself left wanting to see more.

Maybe I’ll read the light novels some day.

I guess I’ll part with a wish. I wish that a novelist who writes stories like this would commit to a setting and have multiple tales happen in the same area. Maybe even get into some cameos or characters from previous stories having minor roles in later ones. Stuff like that— or getting to see someone whole life play out, like with Major!— that sense of continuity just feels so right.

Anyway, yeah. I loved it. Great stuff.
Oct 26, 2018 8:38 AM
Apr 2018
I truly loved this series (even though Taiga was kind of too mean) but I think every character was interesting in their own way (except Kitamura, god).

The very first introductory scene from episode 1 was sooo sweet and Vanilla Salt was the tsundere hymn.

9/10

Oct 26, 2018 5:41 PM
May 2016
Thank you again EuphoricMelody for your explanation. The ending felt a bit rushed indeed and the decision to flee didn't make total sense to me. Nevertheless, and I thought I'd never say that of a romcom even less in the anime form, great series, I enjoyed it all the way through.
Nov 19, 2018 7:20 PM
Aug 2018
EuphoricMelody said:

Also

"Sorry."

(NO HEADBUTT)

"Right there..."

"I see."

"Thought so."

Thank you very much for this. This really helps.
Dec 21, 2018 4:31 PM
Dec 2018
J’ai tellement aimé cette anime, je me suis attaché si fort a Taiga... Mais c’était différent des autres personnages d’animé, je ressentais le besoin de la protéger dès que je la voyais.
Je ne souhaites qu’un chose maintenant que j’ai retourné tout internet et télécharger tout les GIFs cute de cette série. J’aimerais voir un film de 40 minutes à 1 heure 30 pour savoir comment ils se retrouvent, comment ils vieillissent... je voudrais tellement voir leurs mariages leurs retrouvailles, leurs enfant .... j’aime vraiment fort ce manga et je pense qu’il mérite bien un livre et un « épisode » final.
Merci de m’avoir lu.
Luc Dumas
10/10 <3
Dec 28, 2018 7:14 AM
Aug 2018
rma2002 said:

Why did Taiga have to leave? That was so uneccesary and it felt like the writers were just trying to find a way for the series to end on 25 episodes...

Did you watch after the credits?

If No, go watch it.
If Yes. Ok, I thought you didnt watch it.
Dec 28, 2018 7:58 PM

Jan 2018
The ending was too open ending, almost ruined it for me, and now I am VERY upset! Now I have to either contemplate my life or go read fan fictions, and contemplate it even further. Hopefully the writer continues it. It has been so long, but one can hope. Fuck.
Dec 29, 2018 10:37 PM
Dec 2018
8/10. 9/10 for the first half, 7/10 for the second. A great set of characters who all helped each other grow in some way. Regardless of the romance angle, these people were good for each other in the end. I liked the amount of heart that was in this show and the fact that there did not need to be bad guys for things to move along. Life is a lot more grey than that.

Was satisfied, that the two mains ended together, considering the title of the show, as no other characters could have spent the time they did together and remained so close. Sure, they took their time to notice but that happens at that age and they needed to get over the distractions from other characters. And the decision to run off together was greeted as a stupid one by their friends and they soon changed their minds, it happens.

Realistically, I thought Ami was the best match for Ryuji at first, but after watching a few episodes again it is obvious that none of the others cared for him as much as Taiga did. The fact that Taiga was damaged and lacked confidence doesn't change that. Minori had many chances to express herself clearly and was given every opportunity. But she rejected him, decided to pretend it never happened and then, hypocritically, demanded honesty from others. She did her best to put Ryuji off for ages. Taiga did this as well, but they had a much stronger bond that Ryuji was always aware of.

It is pretty clear Taiga is getting feelings for him in episode 2, confessing to Kitamura, by episode 8, at the last swim practice session, she really cares for him but he keeps cutting her off and answering his own questions for her. At the beach house she starts to think the dream she has 'wasn't so....' and is clearly questioning her feelings when the fireworks go off at the end of the trip. When they go to the bakery, when Ya-chan is sick, and she says 'it will be ok', I think she is even starting to question whether she should give up the guy she loves for her friend who keeps rejecting him. So, all in all, the journey depicted ended at the right destination.

Loved the first half of the show, shame about the last couple of episodes, that final scene, in particular, spoilt it a bit, I think. It was meant to be a year later, surely Ryuji could have expected a better reaction than that, seeing as she went away to 'fix herself' so she could be with him?
Gab5Dec 29, 2018 10:55 PM
Jan 4, 2019 10:05 AM

Apr 2015
Did they have sex? I really hope they had sex. I really doubt two teenagers in a room alone together would just kiss intimately a few times and then decide to go to bed.

I don't really know how I feel about the ending. On one hand, Taiga leaves to 'fix herself', which really must suck for both herself living with her mom and all of her friends. On the other hand, she and Ryuuji are still in touch and finding ways to see each other, and the ending implies this certainly isn't the end for any of them.

8/10
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jan 4, 2019 9:36 PM
Oct 2018
I truly loved Toradora overall, it resonated with me quite deeply and it rarely had a dull moment. I am a little confused by the end though, with Taiga leaving the school to live with her parents and all. To me it kind of goes against some of the morals represented, and it makes the arc with her father a little more pointless imo after everything's finished. Anyone else feel like this or am I just being dumb?
Jan 4, 2019 9:52 PM
Oct 2018
CatSoul said:
Did they have sex? I really hope they had sex. I really doubt two teenagers in a room alone together would just kiss intimately a few times and then decide to go to bed.

I don't really know how I feel about the ending. On one hand, Taiga leaves to 'fix herself', which really must suck for both herself living with her mom and all of her friends. On the other hand, she and Ryuuji are still in touch and finding ways to see each other, and the ending implies this certainly isn't the end for any of them.

8/10
yeah, I mean they kinda panned at the window in a weird way and didn't bring it up again... idk if that was intentional but I'm assuming it's not, I personally doubt it. And yeah, I wish they went a little further with the ending, I thought it was kind of sudden. That may have been the point though, the whole crossroads in life thing.
Jan 30, 2019 3:05 PM

Nov 2017
And so it ends. Man I'm so tired. I binged this in thirds and I didn't stop from ep 15 to 25 last night. You better have a lot of nothing to do when watching Toradora because it will take you over when you least expect it.

This anime was excellent until I cheated and found out it was definitely Taiga. I wanted it to be Taiga, but I also thought Minori might be gay, or even gay for Ami. I knew Ryujii didn't like Ami. I knew that since Taiga was always putting on the act with Kitamura that this whole double-relationship thing was a farce. I knew that Ryujii had a huge thing for Taiga.

After all, love is who you spend time with. The heart is where the home is, or vice versa. Why would Ryujii all of a sudden come to love Minori, even though they're basically meant for each other? She screwed that deal by acting like a spaz every time Ryujii was around. Like oh my gosh, what is that stuff about aliens and ghosts and UFOs? LOL.

Minori basically can't even handle Ryujii at all, they're so f-ing compatible with each other it's frightening. But in a way they also had a real brother sister thing going on, Minori always trying to push him away, make it a mature friend relationship.

Taiga's obsession with Kitamura just because he asked her out in freshman year was starting to get on my very last nerve. Like let it go. Of course this is responsible for most of the tension in the show. Minori never expresses her true self, she made a sacrifice for her own, Ryujii's, and Taiga's good by giving up on Ryujii early. However there wasn't so much of a reason for this early on in the show. At that point in the show it seems like she's kind of down with it, she just such a spaz. She says that she might be seeing a ghost like she always wanted--love, the precious gentle thing alluded to in the conclusion of the show--she's just not sure.

At some point Minori gets some kind of signal from Taiga that her relationship with Ryujii is much more than friends. I'm not sure when that is.

For sure, once Kitamura is out of the picture the drama of the show comes down to a simmer. The first 14 episodes were some of the greatest tsundere anime romance I've ever encountered.

Minori's problem is her dishonesty with herself. Since she never outwardly expresses herself, the audience is left wondering what she believes in, who she loves, why she does the things she does.

This is frustrating but cleared up a little bit on rewatch.

It's frustrating that we have to wait until ep 25 for her to outwardly say what we all know, that she loved Ryujii--or did we know? She was such a spaz I thought she had a thing for Ami. Only once the anime was over was I sure she didn't.

But clearly the last third of the show is very interesting because it's about Taiga lying to herself about what she really wants. She wants Ryujii. She fell into this toxic deal about her getting Kitamura and Ryujii getting Minori. A little bit Scum's Wish or something, they can't have who they really want so they take the next best option.

Taiga is lying to herself, and she's destroying herself, her desires, her natural wants, because she hates herself. She's a little too short, in the sub surprisingly referring to herself as a midget. She doesn't love herself at all when the series starts, but with Ryujii's help she begins to. Her spending time with him opens up her world. She begins I think to value herself--she cleans, she gives presents, she makes note of holidays in the year such as Christmas and Valentines. Before that she lashes out at everyone, eats and lives like a slob in a dark apartment, lives a shabby life.

It's wonderful that she changes herself to be with Ryujii. Even though it's hard living with a step parent and step family, she does so to leave no stone unturned in her journey towards a life with Ryujii.

I think many will sympathize with Taiga, the fact that she couldn't face herself because of her father's abandonment of her physically, in the love of a father for a daughter, as a father figure.

I might ask when Ryujii started to fall for Taiga or realize his feelings? It seems clear from Christmas night on, well, since the play at school when her father doesn't show up and he beats himself up for believing in her con artist father, that Ryujii cares a LOT for Taiga.

When you care for something that much, it's clear you love it, isn't it? They became like family, she was the lost part of their family Ryujii and Yasuko needed.

But Taiga kept a part of this toxic beginning of their relationship that they would pursue other partners, she kept pushing Ryujii towards Minori even though it was clear that Minori was pushing away--as selfish as Minori was not to state the obvious so there would be no confusion.

I guess it's clear to everyone that Taiga NEEDED Ryujii, and Ryujii NEEDED Taiga just as much. Minori made the same sacrifice that the student council president, Sumire did, advancing her life and career goals and giving up on love for now.

I guess Ryujii found out he needed Taiga when Minori gave up on him. He sure waited a long time though. If Taiga hadn't fallen in the snow, the opposite might've happened and he would've ended up with Minori?

Anime is always like this, the characters take forever to give up a 'love confession', what the rest of the world calls, 'asking a person to go out with you'. LOL how can you fall in love from a distance? LOL.

This was a nice rom com. I had to get all of this out because I've binged this show basically in a week, it's extremely addictive.

I will say though that the ending was extremely unsatisfying. I wish there was a season two or a proper OVA sequel. I hate how we've been strung along with these great characters and we don't get to see how it turned out. From the dream Taiga had, it seems obvious she'll get pregnant and her and Ryujii will have children. But how many? Will there be complications because of Taiga's small body? Sex isn't difficult or painful, is it?

You're happy for Taiga but the rest of her life seems a curiosity worth telling. A shame we get nothing else about it. Do they raise their kids in Yasuko's house? Do they see the in-laws from time to time? Or do they move for a better job? Does Taiga go to college? Does Ryujii?

Also worth pointing out that one of the greatest anime rom coms of all time was released at the exact point in the financial crisis when the entire world economy could've folded and lending and credit could've frozen. It's insane what was going on in the world and how dark of a time this actually was. It proves that the world has a balance.

Basically all the time the drama was highest, around eps 1-14, was when the news was likely full of talk about the crisis and it was a day to day thing all the time as markets kept getting worse and Lehman failed. Goldman etc might've been next!

And then I think around the time they passed enough legislation in America to prevent a total collapse, the show starts to peter out with the story of Ryujii, Minori and Taiga toxically lying to herself about her true desires and basically being depressed because she hates herself and won't love herself and give herself what she wants.

This anime aired during one of the most pivotal times in human history--I hope you understand that. There could've been a second great depression, who knows?

An excellent rom com, I wish there was more. I need more rom com.
DarkInsomnia57Jan 30, 2019 3:17 PM
Feb 19, 2019 1:21 PM
Dec 2017
I'm so pissed off about the ending, holy shit. However I liked the anime a lot. I think this is the best love story i've ever seen. Maybe its because i was watching a lot of shounens recently, but i haven't cried over anime in ages.
Feb 19, 2019 2:04 PM
Mar 2018
Spaceswimmer said:
I'm so pissed off about the ending, holy shit.

Did you watch the after credits scene?
Feb 19, 2019 9:53 PM
Dec 2017
TutturuMayushii said:
Spaceswimmer said:
I'm so pissed off about the ending, holy shit.

Did you watch the after credits scene?

Hmm, i think yes, i watched last episode to the very end. But i'm not sure what are you talking about.
Feb 21, 2019 7:39 PM
Feb 2019
I just got done watching it yesterday I liked it a lot. I think Ruji made the right choice even though he had to pass up two good girls.
Mar 8, 2019 9:46 PM

Aug 2011
DarkInsomnia57 said:
And so it ends. Man I'm so tired. I binged this in thirds and I didn't stop from ep 15 to 25 last night. You better have a lot of nothing to do when watching Toradora because it will take you over when you least expect it.

This anime was excellent until I cheated and found out it was definitely Taiga. I wanted it to be Taiga, but I also thought Minori might be gay, or even gay for Ami. I knew Ryujii didn't like Ami. I knew that since Taiga was always putting on the act with Kitamura that this whole double-relationship thing was a farce. I knew that Ryujii had a huge thing for Taiga.

After all, love is who you spend time with. The heart is where the home is, or vice versa. Why would Ryujii all of a sudden come to love Minori, even though they're basically meant for each other? She screwed that deal by acting like a spaz every time Ryujii was around. Like oh my gosh, what is that stuff about aliens and ghosts and UFOs? LOL.

Minori basically can't even handle Ryujii at all, they're so f-ing compatible with each other it's frightening. But in a way they also had a real brother sister thing going on, Minori always trying to push him away, make it a mature friend relationship.

Taiga's obsession with Kitamura just because he asked her out in freshman year was starting to get on my very last nerve. Like let it go. Of course this is responsible for most of the tension in the show. Minori never expresses her true self, she made a sacrifice for her own, Ryujii's, and Taiga's good by giving up on Ryujii early. However there wasn't so much of a reason for this early on in the show. At that point in the show it seems like she's kind of down with it, she just such a spaz. She says that she might be seeing a ghost like she always wanted--love, the precious gentle thing alluded to in the conclusion of the show--she's just not sure.

At some point Minori gets some kind of signal from Taiga that her relationship with Ryujii is much more than friends. I'm not sure when that is.

For sure, once Kitamura is out of the picture the drama of the show comes down to a simmer. The first 14 episodes were some of the greatest tsundere anime romance I've ever encountered.

Minori's problem is her dishonesty with herself. Since she never outwardly expresses herself, the audience is left wondering what she believes in, who she loves, why she does the things she does.

This is frustrating but cleared up a little bit on rewatch.

It's frustrating that we have to wait until ep 25 for her to outwardly say what we all know, that she loved Ryujii--or did we know? She was such a spaz I thought she had a thing for Ami. Only once the anime was over was I sure she didn't.

But clearly the last third of the show is very interesting because it's about Taiga lying to herself about what she really wants. She wants Ryujii. She fell into this toxic deal about her getting Kitamura and Ryujii getting Minori. A little bit Scum's Wish or something, they can't have who they really want so they take the next best option.

Taiga is lying to herself, and she's destroying herself, her desires, her natural wants, because she hates herself. She's a little too short, in the sub surprisingly referring to herself as a midget. She doesn't love herself at all when the series starts, but with Ryujii's help she begins to. Her spending time with him opens up her world. She begins I think to value herself--she cleans, she gives presents, she makes note of holidays in the year such as Christmas and Valentines. Before that she lashes out at everyone, eats and lives like a slob in a dark apartment, lives a shabby life.

It's wonderful that she changes herself to be with Ryujii. Even though it's hard living with a step parent and step family, she does so to leave no stone unturned in her journey towards a life with Ryujii.

I think many will sympathize with Taiga, the fact that she couldn't face herself because of her father's abandonment of her physically, in the love of a father for a daughter, as a father figure.

I might ask when Ryujii started to fall for Taiga or realize his feelings? It seems clear from Christmas night on, well, since the play at school when her father doesn't show up and he beats himself up for believing in her con artist father, that Ryujii cares a LOT for Taiga.

When you care for something that much, it's clear you love it, isn't it? They became like family, she was the lost part of their family Ryujii and Yasuko needed.

But Taiga kept a part of this toxic beginning of their relationship that they would pursue other partners, she kept pushing Ryujii towards Minori even though it was clear that Minori was pushing away--as selfish as Minori was not to state the obvious so there would be no confusion.

I guess it's clear to everyone that Taiga NEEDED Ryujii, and Ryujii NEEDED Taiga just as much. Minori made the same sacrifice that the student council president, Sumire did, advancing her life and career goals and giving up on love for now.

I guess Ryujii found out he needed Taiga when Minori gave up on him. He sure waited a long time though. If Taiga hadn't fallen in the snow, the opposite might've happened and he would've ended up with Minori?

Anime is always like this, the characters take forever to give up a 'love confession', what the rest of the world calls, 'asking a person to go out with you'. LOL how can you fall in love from a distance? LOL.

This was a nice rom com. I had to get all of this out because I've binged this show basically in a week, it's extremely addictive.

I will say though that the ending was extremely unsatisfying. I wish there was a season two or a proper OVA sequel. I hate how we've been strung along with these great characters and we don't get to see how it turned out. From the dream Taiga had, it seems obvious she'll get pregnant and her and Ryujii will have children. But how many? Will there be complications because of Taiga's small body? Sex isn't difficult or painful, is it?

You're happy for Taiga but the rest of her life seems a curiosity worth telling. A shame we get nothing else about it. Do they raise their kids in Yasuko's house? Do they see the in-laws from time to time? Or do they move for a better job? Does Taiga go to college? Does Ryujii?

Also worth pointing out that one of the greatest anime rom coms of all time was released at the exact point in the financial crisis when the entire world economy could've folded and lending and credit could've frozen. It's insane what was going on in the world and how dark of a time this actually was. It proves that the world has a balance.

Basically all the time the drama was highest, around eps 1-14, was when the news was likely full of talk about the crisis and it was a day to day thing all the time as markets kept getting worse and Lehman failed. Goldman etc might've been next!

And then I think around the time they passed enough legislation in America to prevent a total collapse, the show starts to peter out with the story of Ryujii, Minori and Taiga toxically lying to herself about her true desires and basically being depressed because she hates herself and won't love herself and give herself what she wants.

This anime aired during one of the most pivotal times in human history--I hope you understand that. There could've been a second great depression, who knows?

An excellent rom com, I wish there was more. I need more rom com.

Great summarization and one I can relate to more than others.

It was an enjoyable series, although I would have liked to delve more into the three left behind.

I appreciate the soundness of Kitamura's character - once Taiga rejected him, that dude moved on and I respect him all the more for it.

Minori was my favorite and a complex character. It would be interesting to know and understand her choices. What compelled her to sacrifice her feelings for Ryuuji. Say what you want, but those feelings were solid; she did not waiver from one person to the other. She took herself out of the running, but so much could have been done with her character.

Ami was a hard character for me to like and toward the end, I still had issues with her.

All in all, it was an enjoyable series and although a comedy, it was surprisingly emotive, but I am not a Ryu/Taiga fan. The highlight for the ending for me was Ryuuji and his mother reuniting with her parents; IMO, that was the best part of the last two episodes.

Rating - 7/10
Mar 9, 2019 9:33 AM

Nov 2018
If all the build up is for the last episode, for the scenes of Ryu and his mother building a deeper connection, and to end it well with all the other characters that have supported them and somehow helped them opened up to each other's feelings, then this episode is totally worth it.

Ryu and Taiga definitely has one of the most beautiful and cliche ending. This episode boosted it up from 7 to 8!
Apr 15, 2019 9:06 PM
Mar 2019
I am a sucker for Happy Endings (as in, I really suffer when it isn't), and this was not one (in my mind). I binged the series (probably like everyone else watching this after it's been fully released), and I still can't get over how quickly this all turned around. They spent about 22 episodes building around the premise of Ryuji x Minori and Kitamura x Taiga, then the last three episodes were like "Ha, gotcha sucka!" Yeah, there were signs here and there that perhaps Taiga and Ryuji could be in a more serious relationship, but gosh-darn-it I feel like no one got what they wanted at the end, including me! I was cringing the whole of episode 24, yelling at the computer "stop making dumb, unwise decisions you love-struck children!", and episode 25 didn't do enough for me to redact my accusations. Okay, maybe a little. But only a little.

I really enjoyed the depth of the characters and how real they felt, but there's too much of non-communication happening between all parties involved I just about wanted to tear my hair out. I can't stand open-ended metaphors and convoluted reasoning that almost all the characters employ for their love life, and Ami didn't help at all with her enigmatic riddles. Phooey on people who say things just to confuse people even more then they are.

I guess I can say that I'm conflicted.
It was semi-plausible to see Taiga and Ryuji as a couple about halfway through, but due to the premise of the show, I was still over here rooting for Minori and Ryuji (sorry Kitamura, can't root for a guy who totally ignores a girl's love confession) up until the very end. And I mean up until the last two minutes when it became clear that that wasn't going to happen.
I just can't get over how fast Ryuji and Taiga did a 180 towards each other and away from the people they were chasing the whole show. More so Ryuji than Taiga. And not only that, but they were going to run away together? AND ALL THEIR FRIENDS WERE TOTALLY FINE WITH IT?!? I feel like everyone waited until it was too late to tell the other person how they felt, which led to way too much confusion. And that was aggravating.

Mixed feelings aside about who finally ended up with whom (which by the way, it was just Taiga and Ryuji, everyone else was left in the sad corner of lonely-town Japan), it was a good show, and one I would recommend for a nice romance, and as a good study in how to build nuanced and engaging characters.
May 15, 2019 5:32 AM

Aug 2017
So, Taiga felt like she had to settle things with her mom first, that's why she leave Ryuuji. It seems that this final episode completes her character arc.

Yeah, Ryuuji x Taiga in the end.

Minori, Ami, Kitamura and the rest of side characters are trash, they work better as comic relief instead of being serious.

5/10 for the anime.
NurguburuJun 20, 2019 7:42 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 3, 2019 2:54 AM

Sep 2012
kenizl86 said:
I am a sucker for Happy Endings (as in, I really suffer when it isn't), and this was not one (in my mind). I binged the series (probably like everyone else watching this after it's been fully released), and I still can't get over how quickly this all turned around. They spent about 22 episodes building around the premise of Ryuji x Minori and Kitamura x Taiga, then the last three episodes were like "Ha, gotcha sucka!" Yeah, there were signs here and there that perhaps Taiga and Ryuji could be in a more serious relationship, but gosh-darn-it I feel like no one got what they wanted at the end, including me! I was cringing the whole of episode 24, yelling at the computer "stop making dumb, unwise decisions you love-struck children!", and episode 25 didn't do enough for me to redact my accusations. Okay, maybe a little. But only a little.

I really enjoyed the depth of the characters and how real they felt, but there's too much of non-communication happening between all parties involved I just about wanted to tear my hair out. I can't stand open-ended metaphors and convoluted reasoning that almost all the characters employ for their love life, and Ami didn't help at all with her enigmatic riddles. Phooey on people who say things just to confuse people even more then they are.

I guess I can say that I'm conflicted.
It was semi-plausible to see Taiga and Ryuji as a couple about halfway through, but due to the premise of the show, I was still over here rooting for Minori and Ryuji (sorry Kitamura, can't root for a guy who totally ignores a girl's love confession) up until the very end. And I mean up until the last two minutes when it became clear that that wasn't going to happen.
I just can't get over how fast Ryuji and Taiga did a 180 towards each other and away from the people they were chasing the whole show. More so Ryuji than Taiga. And not only that, but they were going to run away together? AND ALL THEIR FRIENDS WERE TOTALLY FINE WITH IT?!? I feel like everyone waited until it was too late to tell the other person how they felt, which led to way too much confusion. And that was aggravating.

Mixed feelings aside about who finally ended up with whom (which by the way, it was just Taiga and Ryuji, everyone else was left in the sad corner of lonely-town Japan), it was a good show, and one I would recommend for a nice romance, and as a good study in how to build nuanced and engaging characters.

it was always ryu x taiga build up (it was obvious sins the beginning) not Ryuji x Minori and Kitamura x Taiga but oh well some ppl see what they wan't to see

rma2002 said:

did u see end credit scene? she returns
Sugram22Jun 3, 2019 3:02 AM
Jun 4, 2019 3:55 PM
Aug 2012
When started the first episode I haven't expected much of this series, but it appeared to be deep, down to earth and my paced anime so far. Well developed characters which do have copies in real life: being with their own bright and dark sides made them so appealing and maybe this was one of many reasons this anime to be really good) worth watching definitely!
Jun 19, 2019 9:46 PM
Apr 2019
Its funny how everyone loves the start of this anime but I hate it lol.

I actually liked how it got better at episode 23 but it felt too rushed then.

Ill give the show a 6 or 7, likely a 6 because it made me feel better past 23 and I didn't feel like I needed to die.

They could of done a lot of things better, ( Character details, Character building, etc):

- Making Ryuji and Minorin go on a date and notice they are not perfect for each other

- Stop shafting the other characters just for the main 2

- Don't wait to show me the Mom of Taiga and Yachaan back story at the last minute trying to make me digest everything in 10-15 minutes.

- Don't make the main fucking character disappear at the last episode without explaining why

Its a 6: For the first episodes you need some weed, for the end it get better but only if you put that for that relationship to work, they had to hurt every other character without giving them a chance

Taiga is also not best girl ( And I think it was this episode or the last one Idk, they stuffed so much shit here its hard to tell ) and the relationship between them feels like some highschool romance and not a long term couple like all this "family" talk, we already know they act like family, but they literally didn't talk about anything other than that.

Wonder how their relationship will be when its not covered up with "were just hanging out because we are trying to date each others friend"
Jul 3, 2019 10:17 AM

Nov 2017
Now that Taiga's with Takasu, I've got to admit that I feel really empty.
From the very beggining I was cheering for Minori to get together with Ryuji. It's the second time an anime has made me feel so empty (the first time was when I completed NHK ni Youkoso!).
It's probably because the whole situation with Kushieda feels very relatable to me and as I said earlier I really was cheering for her.
But also wanted to say that I definitely like almost all Toradora's characters... Inko, Kitamura the exhibitionist, Kawashima, Yasuko, Ryuji, Minori and especially Haruta-kun! They were all really memorable and I'm definitely going to miss them. That's probably the first time I've grown such a bond with anime characters that I really am missing seeing them, as if they were my real friends. I said almost all because I absolutely despise Taiga. She's been a real bitch for 90% of the show treating Ryuji like a dog and the suddenly they fall in love with each other. Her sudden disappearance without a word was annoying as well. Like really she suddenly leaves the class without a word, everyone is worried about her and she just sends a picture of a star (cuz shit's deep n stuff) and the after a year she goes back to the school waiting for Takasu and he loves her. Oh how romantic, except it isn't.

But at last I wanted to say that this show was quite enjoyable. Probably the first two-cour show that I watched in under a week.
DagviJul 3, 2019 4:15 PM

Jul 22, 2019 9:17 PM

Dec 2015
Superb show, 9/10... but needs a remake adapting more stuff from the novels.
Jul 30, 2019 4:23 PM

Jul 2019
Pensei que eles fossem ficar juntos... mas gostei do final, apesar de preferir eles juntos.
Aug 5, 2019 4:12 AM

Apr 2017
I was pleased that Taiga decided she needed to resolve her issues before committing to Ryuuji.

They spent a year apart but it was still the happiest ending one could have hoped for since we got to see two somewhat complete characters in the end.
Awoo :3
Aug 24, 2019 6:58 PM
Nov 2017
Overall the ending was pretty bad. They tried to squeeze out one more Episode, which was not needed at all.
The season should've ended with Episode 24, the pointless addition of a stupid life lesson was unnecessary.

Anyway going for the important part:
Inko said his name.

10/10 good Ending
Sep 1, 2019 6:16 AM
Nov 2017
Everyone's saying it's a great ending ut idk I'm so dissatisfied??
Sep 6, 2019 11:18 AM
Feb 2017
ShiroBlake said:
Everyone's saying it's a great ending ut idk I'm so dissatisfied??

Did you watch after the credits? If you did then it's just personal preference. I like it because Taiga finally left after seeing how much her family life is screwed up compared to Ryuuji's and how she wanted to tie up loose ends before getting married (iirc she also wanted their blessings). It shows how instead of running away from her problems she matured and is now facing them head on.
Oct 8, 2019 5:03 AM
Jul 2019
Tsundere till the end. I still hate that character running away then appearing at the end cliché. Doing that shit has no point anymore. I relate to Takasu so much cause we're basically the same minus the girls. I'm still aboard the Takasu x Kawashima ship. Anyway, good watch. Even though that running away and changing school bullshit was bullshit. 7-8/10.
Pages (23) « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 22 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Toradora girl? (Repost)

JustSomeone15 - 3 hours ago

7 by ejleon »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 8, 2008

304 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 24, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hakkai - Oct 1, 2008

403 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 24, 7:27 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 19, 2008

256 by Pelpav »»
Apr 22, 2:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.