Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (23) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 » ... Last »
Aug 6, 2016 1:11 PM
Jul 2016
DanilloMartins said:
@Heishi- You saw the scene at the end after the credits?
no I didn't. do you have a link to it on YouTube or something?
Aug 7, 2016 7:32 AM
Jul 2016
Aug 7, 2016 5:59 PM

Nov 2014
Heishi- said:
the ending of the series was really great but I'm still mad at Aisaka's parents for making her leave LOL. it didn't ruin it but I definitely would've been five times better if Ryuuji and Taiga stayed together. sigh.

Watch the post credits, it's saying a lot more to the story than that.

She had to leave in order to patch things up with her family, as she saw how Ryuji handled the situation with his mother and was able to patch things up quickly.

As Taiga always wants to be on even grounds with Ryuji she thought she had to do the same thing before their relationship could take the next step (On even grounds)

In the final scenes during the post-credit assumably this is where she is ready to take the next steps and why she wanted to surprise him.

One of my favourite anime and the final 5 episodes were really amazing and brought out all the characters to their true potential.
Aug 21, 2016 3:19 AM

Aug 2016
Still ami chan is the princess!!
Aug 31, 2016 1:21 PM
Aug 2016
the one and only anime that make me cry unnoticed when the last episode stop playing, the next thing i know my cheek feel wet and itch.

i hope there is . . . .
Oct 12, 2016 9:02 AM

Jul 2014
Wow, they had to totally ruin that final scene with her headbutting him smh.

Anyway, pretty boring. I found the show generic overall with no real standouts, and the drama was pretty cringe.

5/10
Oct 22, 2016 7:51 PM
Oct 2016
It wraps up alright but overall....... Ehh. The stakes just never felt high at the end of Toradora. We knew Taiga and Ryujii were going to be together regardless of whatever happened. Taiga's decision to leave for awhile added little drama since her note made it clear she was going to come back to him when she was ready. It's a shame really. Toradora is a show that was downright brilliant at times, but this episode (and 24 for that matter) really just didn't do much for me. Where are the stakes??????????.

We spent 23 episodes watching carefully crafted drama unfold (or so we thought) only to witness it wrap up abruptly in the beginning of episode 24, then delve into a couple of epilogue-y feeling subplots. Underwhelming is putting it mildly. Toradora manages to do nothing of great consequence in its final 20 minutes. Taiga's running away is hard to care about when we know she's going to come back at some point. Rather than raise the drama, it just comes off as an annoyance. The same can largely be said for the time spent on Ryujii and Taiga's abrupt plan to run away, which really doesn't fit at all. Ryujii seems like a mostly happy person throughout the series. He is well-composed and seems at peace with his surroundings. His sudden impulse to ditch everything just doesn't work. Regardless it's all very dull because we know we're just going to wind up with some derivative conclusion of "grow the fuck up". There is no emotional payoff whatsoever, positive or negative. A good finale should sadden you or make you happy. Toradora just had me feeling rather bored.
violetIsSleepyOct 23, 2016 6:12 PM
Oct 28, 2016 1:49 PM

Feb 2012
Im actually really sad.
If I had known this show would go to shit this badly I wouldnt have suffered through all of it. up until the middle I actually liked this show, it was too late for me to drop it.
my final score would be a 3/10 for this over the top, all over the place, melodramatic, childish show.
I really wanted to like it too.
Nov 3, 2016 9:16 AM

Jan 2016
This is easily the cringiest, cheesiest, most painfully melodramatic show in existence.
I bet the writer watched every goddamn 90's high school/chick flick movie and decided to put every fuckin cliche in one story.

You need to be a 14 year old socially awkward girl to enjoy this shit.
Nov 6, 2016 9:23 AM

Aug 2013
I'm a little unsatisfied by this ending. It wasn't necessary, I meant that drama with Taiga's transferring. It has no sense. I would prefer to see more of their future instead of it. Anyway, I'm gald that they ended together.

Mr_Shnb said:

My God. Every thread, every damn thread of your complaints.
Why you even finished it? If it was that bad, you should drop it after few episodes.
And well, I'm probably a 14yo socially awkward girl, because I enjoyed it as hell.
If you are satisfied now, then get back to your shounen shit.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 6, 2016 10:56 AM

Jan 2016
rsc-pl said:
I'm a little unsatisfied by this ending. It wasn't necessary, I meant that drama with Taiga's transferring. It has no sense. I would prefer to see more of their future instead of it. Anyway, I'm gald that they ended together.

Mr_Shnb said:

My God. Every thread, every damn thread of your complaints.
Why you even finished it? If it was that bad, you should drop it after few episodes.
And well, I'm probably a 14yo socially awkward girl, because I enjoyed it as hell.
If you are satisfied now, then get back to your shounen shit.

*FANBOY TRIGGERED* OH GOD LMAOOOO
Nov 7, 2016 2:40 PM

Nov 2016
I love Toradora so much. 2nd time watching it and the final episode still brought me the feels. Taiga is my favourite anime girl and it was so cute seeing her in that "veil". 9/10
Nov 8, 2016 5:05 PM
Apr 2016
I cry i laugh especial and unique characters even the supporters
i spend my weekend watching this show and i love every minute of it!
really enjoy it and the first ending holy what a catchy song

10/10 for me
Nov 26, 2016 2:01 PM

Jun 2015
Well...............

I'll never say that Toradora was terrible but I wouldn't go as far as to say that I'm much of a fan. There were moments where I thought the show was about to enter a realm of transcendence; it approached the Anime Hall-of-Fame but never truly set foot inside the door.

Oh, and I always thought that Aisaka was a much better plot device than she ever was as a character.

7 out of 10
Dec 1, 2016 5:25 AM

Nov 2015
  • It seems the grandparents stroke some senses into Ryuuji and Taiga!
    That's it, do not elope, stay, be happy but do not get away and get married, damn it.

• Yasuko gave me so much feels in this episode. She has not seen her parents in so, so many years... how she bursted in tears...She's the only one that game me feel in this series.

• Ohh so that kissing scene I saw long time ago was from this anime... ohhh, it was nice yeah. Well carried. Sweet.

• Sudden Taiga disappearance feels just to add more drama...
    I mean, she could have made her husband know that she will go and stay to fix her relationship with her parents and she needs some time alone. No, instead she "runs away" and drops a bomb on Ryuuji and the others. Not cool. The same end could have been achieved with better means.I'm not sure of this. Let's keep watching.

• Ami is once again with one of her half confessions. If she had tried harder time ago she maybe, maybe could have achieved something but maybe that was too hard. And now she seems like she still has some things to let go.

Ok, this episode fixed my opinion on the ending. I disliked episode 24 to the root but this episode feels so much better. It fixed the majority of Ryuuji's and Taiga's mistakes. Yeah, it was good.

It was nice the "full circle" thing used in this episode. Using the same empty classroom, and Taiga hidden in the same spot she was in the first episode when she tried to surprise Kitamura.

While the main couple is not my favorite I accepted them since, well, the first episode jaja. The only thing I disliked was the cheap melodrama from episode 24 (already bled to previous episodes, I think ep 22 and 23 had some..) but this last episode fixed it. Everyone is going to do their best to keep going forward, and even Kitamura is going to USA to meet with Kanou.

Anyway, my verdict to this series, in my personal opinion, is a 7/10
I enjoyed the series, it made me laugh, it made me angry, it made me question decisions, it made me cringe too but in the end I can't say I disliked the series as a whole. I may not agree with some decisions made throughout the series but hey, I didn't write the story.

Now, there's an OVA and 4 specials waiting so, there's that.
HumbertoZeroDec 1, 2016 5:33 AM
Dec 2, 2016 2:03 AM

Sep 2016
most emotional media experience i had so far probably. definetely up there with finishing the mass effect series.
Objectivity doesn't exist. Subjectivity is an excuse. Beautiful world of online discourse.

Dec 19, 2016 7:18 PM

Jun 2008
aahhh....what a great series.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Dec 20, 2016 9:33 PM

Jan 2016
Lovely Ending...
Dec 26, 2016 7:59 AM

Mar 2016
I thought it was a wonderful ending! I got really attached to all of the characters in the show. This is certainly an all time favorite anime!
Dec 29, 2016 5:49 PM

Aug 2016
I didn't really like the fact she had to transfer because of family business but at least they met in the last minute

Set by SenpieX
Dec 30, 2016 2:05 PM

Dec 2014
Didn't like any of the main cast, didn't care for anything that happened, found it all to be frustrating and only slightly cared for best girl Yuri Sensei.

4/10
Dec 30, 2016 9:08 PM

Mar 2014
First time I've been so conflicted about the sailing ship. In one hand, I've always had Ryuuji x Ami as the OTP, but Ryuuji x Taiga is just as great when I think about it.

Great romance anime, not my favorite, but still wonderful.

8/10
Jan 2, 2017 3:19 AM
Jan 2017
Absolutely loved this show. Only problem with it is that it set my bar for good animes very high...
Jan 17, 2017 8:42 PM
Oct 2014
This could have been a 9/10, but this awful last episode made it 8/10.
Seriously, why run away in the end? That little bit of drama was not worth it.
They should have ended the show with Episode 24.
Jan 19, 2017 4:53 AM

Nov 2016
AeolusT55 said:
This could have been a 9/10, but this awful last episode made it 8/10.
Seriously, why run away in the end? That little bit of drama was not worth it.
They should have ended the show with Episode 24.

Did you watch it past the credits?
Feb 12, 2017 4:12 AM
Feb 2017
I know she would return to Ryuuji, but after the credits and only for like a minute. I wanted to see more of them. I'm super sad it's over. This is one of my favorite animes to date. How am i gonna get over this depression :p

9/10
Feb 19, 2017 2:51 PM
Dec 2016
I just.... Meh...

I mean, I like the way it ended here better than 24's pseudo-ending, but just... Meh...

The series overall, frickn' awesome. I will recommend it all around.
But I just didn't really want Ryuji to end up with Taiga at all... It was the obvious ending, and there was kinda nothing to it for me. I was absolutely rooting for Minori, and honestly, even if he had ended up with Ami it would have been better IMO. I just didn't like Taiga... like, just meh...

They literally spent the whole series with Ryuji in love with Minori, and the whole plot built up upon that fact (Taiga's crush on Kitamura was kinda deflected in the first chapters with the whole rejection thing, but even though it still kinda moved it too, with her slowly falling for Ryuji and all). But at the end, just by suddenly knowing Taiga likes him now, Ryuji just said "Yeah I really should fall in love with her too! Because PLOT!" in one single episode. He just switched in 10 minutes. That is not the way it works. Though I didn't feel that the last chapters were "rushed" like a lot of people say, I did feel that Ryuji's love interest switch was waaaay too fast, and dumb for that matter.

Besides, there are series where it's a "I wonder who's he gonna end up with but I don't really care who it is at the end", but Toradora just has this slight harem/3girlslikethesameguy tone but It doesn't really work out for me.

In summary, loved it all the way up until episode 23. Last 2 episodes were 6,5/10 at best. Also, the whole fleeing and getting married was kinda weak.

Aaaah what a shame of an ending for such an awesome series. But hey, it was enjoyable nonetheless.
Feb 19, 2017 2:57 PM
Dec 2016
Dushan said:
I wanted Ryuuji to end up with Minori.

Kitamura going to America was the onlything I liked about how this story ended.

I feel the exact same way. Kitamura detail was awesome. Ending up with Taiga was boring.
Mar 10, 2017 12:22 PM

Mar 2017
Great show. Wasn't really sure if a true rom-com would be up my ally or not but this show really put out all the stops. The character development was great and had you emotionally invested in the story. Each character had their own flaws and strong points that really helped carry the story forward. Although Taiga was pretty abusive at the beginning, and Ryuuji and Ami also had their own set of issues, it was nice to the characters come full circle in the end and come out as better people. The relationship between Taiga and Minori always put a smile on your face when those two made up especially at the end.

My favorite episodes were the two vacation episodes (where they went to the beach house and the ski trip), Christmas one and the last couple episodes . A lot happened which deeply involved the characters and their relationships. The soundtrack that they used was perfect and fit the show well. The openings and closings for the show was awesome too. Not to mention the "Holy Night" song that played during episode 19. There was also a English version someone re-did and they are both one of the best Christmas songs I've heard. Definitely fit the show and was truly touching.

The last few episodes showed how great the characters progressed from episode 23 with Taiga confessing while in the classroom at the end of that episode to them attempting to run away but realizing that they can't run from their issues but instead need to stay and fix them. The fake little practice weeding those two had was priceless. I wish though Taiga would have told Ryuuji that she was going to leave for a while to fix her own life instead of just leaving a note. It made it seem as if she would never come back but as we know from watching thew the credits that they end up being together. Even though their finishing their education at different schools it shows that they still plain to get married, would have been nice to see that. It was a powerful message and I truly enjoyed this entire series. Looking back on it now it seems like the series was to short and they could have made it longer. Perhaps will see another season about the Dragon and the Tiger in the future sometime. Either way though I'm glad that I watched this. 10/10.
Mar 12, 2017 11:37 AM
Jan 2017
Guys, how long did Taiga's absense durate?
Sry 4 my english.
How long did Ryuuji live without Taiga?
Mar 12, 2017 11:42 AM
Jan 2017
Sry 4 my english.
How long did Ryuuji live without Taiga
Apr 14, 2017 3:25 AM

Apr 2017
hope they they still wont finish the anime this year besides i think this is like that drama anime i have been watching in more that days i already join in
ooft
May 9, 2017 1:54 PM

Feb 2013
Nice ending.
This anime would have been awesome without Ami, and with Minori falling in love with Kitamura.
May 16, 2017 11:55 PM

Jan 2014
Luke72 said:
WHAT!? SHE LEFT!! Seriously wtf was that ending?? I mean sure, she appeared at the end but what happened to them being a family? I don't understand. The hell was that...

Someone who reacted the same way I did.... finally
Jun 8, 2017 12:40 PM
Jul 2016
Emir8man said:
Sry 4 my english.
How long did Ryuuji live without Taiga

1 year, she left after 2nd year of high school and came back for graduation (after 3rd year of high school)
Jun 30, 2017 9:34 AM
Jun 2017
i didnt realy liked the ending i was hopeing that Minorin and Ryuuji will end up together but i gess there was never a chance... but it was a cute ending
Jun 30, 2017 9:37 AM
Jun 2017
Dantroy said:
Dushan said:
I wanted Ryuuji to end up with Minori.

Kitamura going to America was the onlything I liked about how this story ended.

I feel the exact same way. Kitamura detail was awesome. Ending up with Taiga was boring.

this is the same way i feel
Jun 30, 2017 4:35 PM
Dec 2016
Ulquiorra said:
Nice ending.
This anime would have been awesome without Ami, and with Minori falling in love with Kitamura.

Oh man now that you say that, damn if Minori would have gotten together with Kitamura somehow (Either with proper preparation, or just suddenly at the ending, you know, Taiga gone for a year, and you get a shot of her holding his arm, maybe) would have been a satisfying twist. Something would have had to be done with Kitamura's crush and shit, so I don't know how the hell would that work, but hey, it didn't happen anyways.

I was just so unsatisfied with Minori finishing all sad and alone :V. Even though I don't like Taiga, I do like Ryuuji, so I don't completely hate the ending. But at the same time, I would have literally preferred him to end with anybody other than Taiga. Even Ami. Even like, the teacher xD. I liked her more than Taiga.

Shit, I can't believe I am still so pissed at fucking Ryuuji for being such an idiot :V
Jul 11, 2017 5:10 AM
Jul 2017
I actually wanted Ryuuji and minori or ryuuji and ami to get together, or if taiga didn't come back and she sacrificed herself for minori
Jul 19, 2017 1:00 PM
Mar 2017
:( Really good anime but the ending made me rate it 9/10..
Jul 28, 2017 7:33 PM
Jul 2017
For anyone reading this thread in 2017~~~~~

Soo....anime adaption of a Light Novel series, this is.

First and foremost I encourage anyone who enjoyed the series to read the light novels. Just going to comment on some peoples points

So in the LN series taigas mom actually threatens to not only take her away but tells ryujii he will never see her again.
- With taigas dad's business going under she had actually be living in her apartment that hadn't been paid for in a while so she was technically living there illegally.

These things weighed heavily on the decision for the 2 of them to run off together and elope. the fact that they didn't add these details in the anime made the whole situation extremely empty and lack the depth it should have had

Also

-Taiga didn't simply run off back to her family/mom. Her and ryujii come to this realization it needs to happen so taiga can fix her issues with her mom. I can't remember if this was back at ryujii's house or the grandparents but early in the morning taiga tries to wake him up to let him know she's leaving so she can take care of things. Him and his mom are both awake but pretend to be asleep. He can't afford to respond because he knows if he turns around he wouldnt let her go.

- When she does leave, his mom asks him if he's truly ok with that? He says he isn't and attempts to run and get her but she is already gone. He then breaks down in the street (it's quite heartbreaking) WAY BETTER THAN HOW THE ANIME did it -_-

-Ami actually really cares for taiga and stays specifically because of her. They are way better friends in the LN

-the LN constantly shows how minorin isn't a good match for ryuuji so it makes ryuuji x taiga make way more sense towards the end

-Unlike in the anime where taiga returns a year later and everyones graduating, SHE COMES BACK 2 MONTHS LATER in the LN. She has managed to patch things up with her mom and her mom agrees to let her spend her last year of highschool with her boyfriend and friends. The story ends with them holding eachothers hands and going off to school to meet with kitamuru, minorin and ami

Some other things to consider

- Taiga character development is far greater than what the anime portrays it to be. She is affectionate and loving/caring towards ryujii and it pisses me off that they kept her looking childish/immature/etc

Here is a snippit from epilogue of final volume (this is when she meets back up with him after being gone for 2 months)

Ryuuji tightly embraced Taiga's tiny figure with all his strength without any hesitation.

"-Embraced me right away!?"

So fierce, so strong, so tiny, so soft, so bashful, so cute-- this was Taiga.

"Sorry."

Taiga was always so sudden.

Suddenly appearing, suddenly bumping into Ryuuji, suddenly taking his heart away completely. She was always like that from the beginning. He knew it would turn out like this as they embraced each other, breathing deeply, and shouted, You're back! You're back! I'm back! I'm back! They were glad that she was able to come back, both of their worlds were filled with joy.

Their embrace was full of love, slowly opening their eyes, which were slightly tearful, they looked at each other and spoke of their respective loneliness all this time before now while smiling all the way.

"It's Taiga! Taiga! Taiga! It really is you! ... It really is Taiga!"

"Yes, it's me, Ryuuji! My dear Ryuuji!"

(NO HEADBUTT)

"What about your apartment!? Where're you living now!? You... dammit! What were you doing all this time!? Where have you been all along!? You didn't even contact me!"

"Right there..."

Taiga moved her wet eyes and motioned to the white apartment block by the side, her voice still full of laughter,

"I can't go back there anymore. But I still live nearby, just over there. You can all come visit my house! It's very near!"

"...Of course I'll be coming! Definitely!"

"Mom and my new Dad will be there... as well as my little brother! He's cute! They've all rented a house nearby just for me! Though on the condition that I take care of my brother when she's at work. But we'll be moving out as soon as I graduate, you know?"

"I see."

"Thought so."

According to Ryuuji, on the road that led to his future, he would marry Taiga and begin his dream of living together with her. Taiga would no doubt be dreaming the same dream. Everyone would be in that dream as well. It was because such a beautiful dream awaited them that they were able to smile so happily and ecstatically.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(both mutually knowing that they would marry/live together after graduation and start their new lives from there) SO MUCH BETTER THAN CONFESSION/HEADBUTT ENDING !!!

And that basically wraps it up. Anime was good but I feel people will have much more appreciation for Toradora if they also read the LN

Hope this helps anyone watching this series in 2017 ! :D until next time !

(this was a bit rushed and i know grammar isn't all there and misspellings of names but if anyone has any questions/comments feel free to hit me up !
Aug 5, 2017 11:02 PM
Jul 2017
HOREY SHET!!!! My heart is actually melted. I can't breathe. I would've cried if I watched that alone!!!
Aug 18, 2017 7:36 AM

Jul 2017
An alright show. Cute, not amazing.
Aug 29, 2017 3:06 PM

Feb 2015
Hmpf, I shipped RyujixMinorin, so it may not be my favorite ending.
Sep 10, 2017 5:28 AM

Jan 2016
I cant believe I wasted 8 hours watching this garbage. Started out good and just got worse as it went along with an atrocious ending. Should have just done riujiu x ami and have taiga as the little sister of the family. This was so predictable and obnoxious. The only good character, ami who actually had a bit of depth to her and interesting things to say got way too little screen time.

IMO: I think you have to be 12 or socially awkward to think this was a masterpiece.
DhaarokSep 10, 2017 5:32 AM
Sep 10, 2017 10:30 AM

Nov 2016
kingraptor724 said:
I cant believe I wasted 8 hours watching this garbage. Started out good and just got worse as it went along with an atrocious ending. Should have just done riujiu x ami and have taiga as the little sister of the family. This was so predictable and obnoxious. The only good character, ami who actually had a bit of depth to her and interesting things to say got way too little screen time.

IMO: I think you have to be 12 or socially awkward to think this was a masterpiece.

6/10 is a good score for how you described it.
Sep 10, 2017 11:10 PM

Jan 2016
Pixel_Vapour said:
kingraptor724 said:

6/10 is a good score for how you described it.

Because this comment on this thread is kind of a rant because Im pissed how bad the ending is and how the show got progressively worse when starting out good. Getting a 6 because ryuji, ami, and taiga were likable in their own ways.
Sep 12, 2017 1:27 AM
Aug 2017
Pretty late eh XD but I finished this anime in 2days.Overall,the ending was fantastic as I was in team Ryuji x Taiga.The kiss was extremely good too and made me change from a 8/10 to a 9/10.Plot was fantastic as it was quite emotional and the Snow mountain scene was so KAWAII ^-^ .I seen some comments about why MC should have ended up with a different girl like Ami but I gotcha say that from the anime cover photo itself,it was already obvious who Ryuji was gonna end up with in the end.Really glad to have discovered this treasure of an anime. P.s.if you like this anime,check out another one called Golden Time as it is great too if you haven't)

With that... I'll end my review here

Peace XD
Sep 14, 2017 8:43 PM

Mar 2016
Uh this ending was so depressing and dragged out.
If this is what the 'best rom-com' has to offer leave me out of the rest of the genre lol
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Pages (23) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 8, 2008

304 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 24, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hakkai - Oct 1, 2008

403 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 24, 7:27 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 19, 2008

256 by Pelpav »»
Apr 22, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

283 by Zertur »»
Apr 17, 11:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.