Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 13, 3:41 PM

Aug 2013
SWEET HOME ALABAMA CANON
Mar 13, 3:50 PM
Jun 2021
beautiful. gonna give me entertainment for weeks watching the fire happen
Mar 13, 4:04 PM

Feb 2018
Sheesh Aqua even took out the glasses to try to be like his past self lol. Looks like Ruby was able to cheer up Aqua a little, hopefully he'll be able to "smile" again.

And that kiss oof, gotta catch him off guard huh? Ig that was the only way to get them to kiss lmao. Aqua was mega shooketh fr.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Mar 13, 4:23 PM

Apr 2021
Oh shit here we go xD

Ai would be proud seeing her children getting along so much
mshfqtnyMar 13, 4:30 PM
Mar 13, 4:39 PM

Aug 2018
This is hilarious, they even did the title drop
Mar 13, 5:09 PM

Dec 2016
Reply to IzanaSolos
Incest no Ko strikes again…

Nah more than anything this shit is so funny to me. I ain’t mad or anything lol.

@IzanaSolos

Totally agree, I hope authors have good laugh by seeing how people reacted to this. (kinda wonder how this affects views and manga sales)

but in the same time I'm kinda irritated how many people didn't saw this obvious outcome... probably it was combination of denial and reading comprehension of half baked potato.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.97/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.164/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.86/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.53/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Mar 13, 5:26 PM
Oct 2021
I hate that I didn’t despise that as much as I should have-

I just don’t get how people are dropping the whole manga over this, sure, it’s a VERY unhinged relationship, but it’s fiction lol. Yeah, sure, I still like Aqua x Kana better, but that change doesn’t make Oshi no Ko any less of a masterpiece IMO.
Mar 13, 5:35 PM

Aug 2021
H-HELL NAH. H-H-HELL NAH
Mar 13, 6:06 PM

Apr 2022
holy shit that panel was real😹😹 double spread and not even once but twice, peak fiction i'm afraid. aka said don't let your memes be dreams.
Mar 13, 6:07 PM

Nov 2021
Apex Legends fried Aka's brain, only reason to even skim this manga is for Kana panels.
Mar 13, 6:16 PM

Jan 2022
Reply to Atsunome
I hate that I didn’t despise that as much as I should have-

I just don’t get how people are dropping the whole manga over this, sure, it’s a VERY unhinged relationship, but it’s fiction lol. Yeah, sure, I still like Aqua x Kana better, but that change doesn’t make Oshi no Ko any less of a masterpiece IMO.
@Atsunome Lmao this'll make the manga a masterpiece for me. Aka and Mengo surely planned Chapter 143 to be released on 14/3 with Ruby saying 143. They also planned the one week break between 142 and 143.
Mar 13, 8:28 PM

May 2010
Incest weirdos are eating good tonight. The doujin market is at an all time high.
Mar 13, 8:42 PM

Dec 2020
So many weird people cheering under this post but not surprised at all

This is MAL after all
                                                                                                                                                                                      My reviews

Mar 13, 9:10 PM
Aug 2022
White Day 2024.

Chapter 143.

Oshi No Ko has crossed the proverbial Ruby-con river 🙃

What was once the stuff of memes has finally happened.

The question now is... how far will Ruby go?

Will it go as far as, well... this:

Mar 13, 9:46 PM

Jun 2023

the peak writing in question

(i love it)
lingojkMar 13, 10:04 PM
Mar 13, 10:07 PM
May 2023
Bruh this chapter is hilarious. It was nice to see aquas true feelings spill out but man Ruby did not hold back. I don't think it will go down the incest route. it's quite obvious that it's not gonna happen but still that kiss scene was funny asf, watching many lose their shit. it was bound to happen eventually. The Twincest is hilarious 😂 😭😭🤣🤣 Ruby's real emotions 🤣😂
Mar 13, 10:57 PM
Jul 2016
It keeps getting worse and worse hahahahaha. It's like watching a train wreck.
Mar 13, 11:05 PM

Mar 2022
we are truly the oshi no ko.... yeah were cooked lmfao
Mar 13, 11:20 PM

Nov 2016
even tho im against the twincest route i have to say that wasnt as bad as i thought. guess thats just a storm warning and waiting for the fade to black scene thatll come later but supposedly that was the climax of the movie
wonder if ai wrote something about the doc in the movie, idr if anyone was casted for that role but shouldnt the hospital stay also be another major point in the documentary
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Mar 14, 12:34 AM

Oct 2022
OHH BOIS IT'S GONNA CAUSE SOME SHIT SHOW!

This is peak OnK. I don't even care anymore.
Mar 14, 1:00 AM
Feb 2020
Now it from Oshi No Mid to Oshi No Peak! 10/10 series
Mar 14, 2:32 AM
Apr 2021
LMAOOOOOO everyone’s reaction is fucking killing me man especially twitter they’re on a frenzy freaking out about the kiss like they’re losing their fucking minds over there😭😭🤣🤣🤣🤣😭😭😭🤣🤣😭😭🤣😭🤣

I’m surprised a lot of ppl didn’t see this coming like it was foreshadowed since CHAPTER FUCKING ONE how did you haters not see this coming??😭🤦🏽‍♂️😭🤦🏽‍♂️😭🤦🏽‍♂️😭😭

I for one am gonna keep reading this and see where this goes and lowkey idk why but I’m rooting for Sarina bc she had cancer in her first life and wasn’t able to live a full love and fall in love with the person she loved. She transcended death, got reincarnated with a healthy body she deserved to be with whoever she wants to be with🥹🩷
Mar 14, 3:58 AM
Sep 2021
Reply to Musashi_123
series is getting boring after those incest chp
just bring aqua in action then it'll be fire again 🔥 🗿🗿
@Musashi_123
Yes this movie shooting arc doesn't interest me much. Kinda boring to read
Mar 14, 4:12 AM
Jun 2013
I don't know what is more hilarious, if western people raging about fictional characters kissing in a manga or they thinking their rage will have the slightest impact in the huge popularity of the series in Japan LMAO!
Mar 14, 4:48 AM
Jul 2019
People who said they gonna drop the manga after this, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out
Mar 14, 5:52 AM
Feb 2021
Reply to Zsheepbot05
I’m not dropping it.. I’m not going to take the series as seriously as before this crap was going on bruh
@Zsheepbot05 same here, I'm a little bit interested in how the hell will this series go on and finish now that it has decided to embrace this incest shit
Mar 14, 6:04 AM
Feb 2021
Well this is... something. It's not exactly the direction I'd liked to see this manga going, and I'm still a little bit confused by this desicion as a whole. In general in this chapter Ruby's behaviour made me cringe hard lmao. So for that and the fact that the story acknowledges that she is a blind follower of Aqua and that he is a very fucked up person, I still have hope that this fucked-up ass relationship won't be really endorsed and romanticized. I'm not sure that's the intention, but considering the overall tone of the series this far I can just hope. The previous chapter about the "responsibility of telling stories" made me conclude that Aka and Mengo are doing this 100% on purpose and conciously (at this point I'm also sure that the mangaka characters are pretty much tools for Aka to exteriorize his thoughts regarding manga industry as a whole).
As I said in my post above, even though I don't really endorse this, I won't drop the manga, there is still some things I want to read regarding this story and if this ends up romanticizing this relationship (which I hope it doesn't) I'll guess I'll do the best to shut my brain off and criticize it with a friend of mine that holds the same stance as I in all this bullshit.
yadnusbrekkerMar 14, 8:22 AM
Mar 14, 7:15 AM

May 2016
About everyone sees the twincest, I see a Flag. Bet Aqua or Ruby or both don't make it to the end........
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Mar 14, 8:13 AM

May 2021
uuum, yosuga no sora yeah..
Mar 14, 8:45 AM
Jul 2021
Sweet Home Alabama is real yikes. Ai Hoshino would be proud of her kids now.

Still can't believe this is the same author as Kaguya-sama LiW lol.
Mar 14, 9:46 AM

Aug 2018
Who cares if anyone's dropping this series? I'm sure most of them folks are still going to stick around for what's next and just whining 'cause it's not going their way. 😂 Let the author work their magic, and let's see where it leads...

For me, this chapter was top-notch after ages. Finally, some serious character growth!
Mar 14, 12:21 PM
Nov 2022
a loud silence
deep breath
I have two sides: One side says what did I read,
the other side says this thing is so cute.

After all, it happened and we cannot change it. This is the punishment for our sins. We deserved it. But I think everything was pretty sweet until the kiss. Between the devil and the deep sea. I was left on the edge of the cliff. But it will be strange to see what will happen in the next episodes and watch the reactions of other characters.
Mar 14, 12:35 PM

Mar 2021
IndExx02 said:
I can't believe it. Hoshino Ai the icon of Oshi No Ko and the masterpiece character of this manga really died for this shit? Man, the stalker that k*lled Ai should had k*lls these 2 trash MC in the beginning. Or just k*lls these 2 trash mc in the beginning and makes Ai the MC then makes Ai revenges for his kids rather than this shit plot we got right now

"masterpiece character" 😭
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 14, 4:30 PM
May 2020
guess who's dropping this series? <3
Mar 14, 5:07 PM
Apr 2017
WINCEST BROS
WE WON!
Mar 14, 5:08 PM

Mar 2018
Another bait and switch in the end....seriously!! Everything is set for Aqua to fail and have everyone hate him like it was foreshadowed. Eclipse said it was a bad move and now should be obvious for everyone why it's the case.....he will go down rock bottom (probably)....because his trauma will kick in again after all of this....most likely...and then he will get up....but that will have a price...most likely in blood...it was foreshadowed as well. (Think back at Tokyo Blade!!)
People need to pay more attention to the meta-commentary...You're supposed to hate Aqua at this moment for his stupid pursuit of revenge and think that Hikaru was just a victim...because the two characters who were always in the right were right...what do you know? But he will take responsability....Akasaka as well because subtext on storytelling....meaning Aqua will suffer like never before.

I never thought that I've seen something that can sell an earned happy ending more than the last chapters...
People who might have a negative reaction are acting this way because of their investment and projection, not because of the writing...it's still consistent/good writing...Welcome to the real world of entertainment!! We have acting!!
Mar 14, 6:12 PM
Sep 2018
people supporting aqua and ruby...please tell me you don't exist. they are siblings now. we do not want incest. we want the revenge. thats why we all read this.
Mar 14, 8:14 PM
Jun 2017
Reply to merope28
people supporting aqua and ruby...please tell me you don't exist. they are siblings now. we do not want incest. we want the revenge. thats why we all read this.
@merope28 Japanese love it, Chinese love it, Korean love it. So I don't think Aka and Mengo care about the "we" you are talking about.
Mar 14, 9:49 PM
Oct 2020
They finally did it.

There's so many haters now, they can't be real manga fan to only start hating with seeing a little kiss.
Mar 14, 11:49 PM
May 2023
Nah that shit Its fire now,now Now Aqua wouldn't be a cold, moody narcissistic person ❤️❤️
Mar 15, 1:40 AM
Dec 2015
Reply to thebrentinator24
When the doctor and his dying patient who had a crush on him are reincarnated as siblings, thus leading down a road that ultimately ends with incest: 🤯🤯🤯🤯

All jokes aside though, this outcome was painfully obvious from the jump so there really shouldn’t be any 🤯 reactions. Personally though, not a fan of it. Quite literally zero reason to throw some reincarnation thing into the story and have a grown adult and young child become siblings. I legit believe the story could still work in the exact same way if you take away the “past lives” and reincarnation stuff, and just have Aqua and Ruby be who they are from the beginning, but as childhood friends who worshipped the same idol and are now working together to find the person responsible for her death.

Hopefully this is the extent of it and it doesn’t escalate any further than kissing for the movie scene. And those who think this somehow “improves” the story are just straight weird lol.
@thebrentinator24 Yeah the story should be safe and predictable. Every form of entertainment should be as close to my hero and demon slayer as possible. If the manga is causing the reader to think at all that is bad. It's poor writing if the reader is given a complex scenario that defies real life logic while bending what you believe if right or wrong.

If you died today and were reborn as a someone else, but retained your memories from your past(current) life, would you still be you?

If you were married to a woman, and she also died and was reborn as your sibling, also retaining her memories, would you and her now disgust each other?

Don't have a panic attack, its not real. There is no recorded history or evidence of someone being born with memories of a previous life. This is all for entertainment and personally the darker and more bizarre it is the better. If I wanted a generic happy love story there's thousands (if not millions) of other options out there across all mediums.
Mar 15, 3:46 AM

Mar 2021
WTF NOOOOOOOOOOO

Mar 15, 6:32 AM
Aug 2015
I can't believe he pulled the same trick as the sex scene in Love is war. End one chapter with a massive cliff hanger as to if the thing is gonna happen, then build up thinking it won't only to pull the rug out and do it anyway. It's the exact same trick and it worked better than last time.
Mar 15, 8:57 AM
Mar 15, 9:03 AM
Aug 2019
RUBY WON LMAOOOOO
Mar 15, 9:35 AM

Nov 2018
Sorry Kana and Akane, but Aqua and Ruby is my canon ship. 😍
Mar 15, 3:46 PM

Jun 2016
This was a great chapter if you support the Aqua x Ruby pairing. I don't and I hate to admit that I see it now. Kana is still best girl.
Mar 15, 6:22 PM

May 2007
Let's put aside the incest for a second somehow. Sarina and Goro's relationship is messed up too.

I think this isn't going the incest route, Aqua really does not like this, but man, Ruby needs help...

I have told way too many people to watch the anime for this to happen, they will never listen to me again.
My anime list
Mar 16, 3:29 AM
Jun 2017
Reply to mitamaking
Let's put aside the incest for a second somehow. Sarina and Goro's relationship is messed up too.

I think this isn't going the incest route, Aqua really does not like this, but man, Ruby needs help...

I have told way too many people to watch the anime for this to happen, they will never listen to me again.
@mitamaking Both Aqua and Ruby are really messed up, but no one can fix them except themselves.
Incest or tragedy, there is no other ending for this series.
Mar 16, 1:05 PM
Aug 2022
YOSUGA NO SORA SECOND COMING
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Chapter 129 Discussion

ARK-13 - Oct 16, 2023

25 by Luke_MK »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Chapter 149 Discussion

ARK-13 - May 13

38 by ArimaKana »»
Yesterday, 4:45 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Chapter 148 Discussion

ARK-13 - May 1

36 by Atsunome »»
May 14, 5:14 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Chapter 83 Discussion

Rexnihilo - Jun 9, 2022

23 by SaltyCookie »»
May 5, 7:02 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Chapter 78 Discussion

MegamiRem - Apr 13, 2022

48 by SaltyCookie »»
May 5, 1:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.