Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 29, 2021 9:10 PM
Apr 2020
Ellenwitch said:
Damn that performance from Junko. Holy shit that was fiiiireee.

That's what I'm saying bro
Apr 29, 2021 10:23 PM

Dec 2018
Ngl, Kotaro's message to Junko really helped me!! Zombieland being a banger as per usual 👍
Apr 30, 2021 12:26 AM

Oct 2008
Hyper Awesome episode!
Franchouchou rocks! Death Metal Girl Rulez!
and so many funny hilarious moments!
-that guard with granny bike got shocked by True Zombie face Junko!
-then that obento "YOU SUC" but actually it's just "you'll succeed" bwahaha lolz!
-Tae-chan can't hold on devouring the tempura meal!
-Sakura having a hard time stopping Tae-chan nyahahah!
Franchouchou is now a worth rival to Iron Frill!
5/5!

Apr 30, 2021 12:45 AM
May 2019
This show always continues to surprise me. Also between this episode and the last one the music been spot on. I'm hoping if we get a blu ray set for the funi dub. That we get the Japanese soundtrack
Apr 30, 2021 12:46 AM
May 2019
Short_Circut said:
loll @ kotarou's face when Jun smashed his guitar. Also damn those 2 performances were sick, one alternative rock and then suddenly switching to full autotune lmao
I loved producer guys face. He was not expecting her to actually do it.
Apr 30, 2021 12:48 AM

Jan 2011
really haven't had much to say about this season it's more or less the same but i really have been enjoying the music they are so varied Junko's song was quite the banger
Apr 30, 2021 1:44 AM
Aug 2010
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGOZAIMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASU

1) Junkos performance - neat af;
2) Taes drumming - cool af;
3) Franchouchou electronic Mezame Returner - 'lit' af;
4) Poor cop - he might aswell turn zombie in 3rd season and continue his work as a zombie.

MAPPA providing as usual.
Apr 30, 2021 4:24 AM
Jan 2018
This episode was amazing! Or at least the second part, since al the drama built before was kinda boring because it was obvious that Ai would never leave the group..but apart from that, their performance was the best in the whole anime, I must say, and it was eally well made in general, thank you MAPPA!!!
Apr 30, 2021 4:51 AM

Aug 2013
This episode was absolutely metal. Franchouchou made one hell of a statement comeback. I know we can all meme the CGI performances, but there is never a dull moment when it comes to this series. 100% can't wait for the OST of this season to drop.

Zombieland Saga proving to be the lowkey cousin of Symphogear right now. I stan.
Don't believe the hype.
Apr 30, 2021 5:56 AM

Apr 2012
Finally, another portion of the melodrama about these two is over and we can return to single episodes that focus on one character.

DedPanda said:
This episode was absolutely metal. Franchouchou made one hell of a statement comeback. I know we can all meme the CGI performances, but there is never a dull moment when it comes to this series. 100% can't wait for the OST of this season to drop.

Zombieland Saga proving to be the lowkey cousin of Symphogear right now. I stan.

I will not give free rein to my salinity due to the that it was not metal, but a rather classic hard rock performance, but why do people constantly compare any music or idol show with Symphogay? This is clearly not the only good music show that came out during these years.
RobertBobertApr 30, 2021 6:00 AM
Apr 30, 2021 6:04 AM

Oct 2016
What the fuck, that episode felt like it was 5 minutes, that was great, definitely the best episode of the season so far!

Ai's bento saying "you suc" was fucking hilarious lmao. Kotaro was exuding tatakae vibes when he was pep talking Junko, our boy keeps moving forward. Depressed Kotaro? I do not remember such a thing.

I did not expect Tae to actually play drums and she fucking smashed it, like how Junko smashed Kotaro's electric guitar lmao, his reaction was priceless, he didn't expect Junko to actually literally smash it. That rock song slapped, I am going to need a full version of that asap. And of course Mezame Returner will never get old. Looks like next episode will be focusing on Lily, hopefully we eventually get Yugiri and Tae episodes as well. Really looking forward to the next episode.
Apr 30, 2021 6:46 AM

Mar 2020
My favorite episode so far! I am glad it aknowledged how unlikely for Ai to leave franchouchou and that the actual problem was junko! Seeing her play rock with a guitar is a treat! Also, am I the only one who noticed how much they have improved the CG? I don't have any problem with it at this point.
nhc9Apr 30, 2021 7:19 AM
Apr 30, 2021 11:04 AM

May 2009
Wasn't expecting Alternative Rock but they killed it. Best song so far. Damn, was that a banger of a song. Junko's voice really suits that style, I hope we see more of this.
Apr 30, 2021 11:16 AM

Jun 2019
I’m glad Junko finally got over herself and acted like someone who was a professional idol. I really liked the first performance and the second one was solid too. They are much better in this season than in the first season. It can still be corny at times, but it’s usually in good fun. The sound design is great though.
Apr 30, 2021 11:49 AM

Mar 2013
TBH they could've just dealt with the Iron Frill thing by saying "it would be too weird joining Iron Frill, people would think you're just trying to use me (Ai as Number Three) to directly replace Ai Mizuno (aka herself but they don't know that)" and that doing so could harm Iron Frill's reputation.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Apr 30, 2021 12:26 PM

Mar 2013
ANYWAY, The Legendary Tae Yamada is apparently a legendary drummer, it appears. No issues there. Looks like next week is gonna be another Lily episode.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Apr 30, 2021 1:03 PM

May 2018
So in the end Ai doesn't abandon Franchuchu for Iron frills.

Why do I get the feeling that it wasn't Junko's seiyu who was sang the opening event..

And come to think of it, we still have no idea about Yuugiri and Tae's backstory and how they kicked the bucket.
Apr 30, 2021 1:50 PM

Mar 2013
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
So in the end Ai doesn't abandon Franchuchu for Iron frills.

Why do I get the feeling that it wasn't Junko's seiyu who was sang the opening event..

And come to think of it, we still have no idea about Yuugiri and Tae's backstory and how they kicked the bucket.

Considering her scar, guessing Yugiri was either beheaded or had her throat slit.
Apr 30, 2021 11:11 PM
Apr 2015
DedPanda said:

CGI in this episode was good
May 1, 2021 3:37 AM

Oct 2017
Lol Junko literally broke it.

Both of the Franchouchou's performance were lit af.
May 1, 2021 6:46 AM

Feb 2014
Junko literally did what Kotaro told him, "Brake It!" and "Shine!".
May 1, 2021 7:39 AM
Sep 2020
Damn..that guitar destruction was something else...Got me really pumped
May 1, 2021 3:06 PM

Mar 2013
CeddyyBearr said:
By far the best episode for me. So many highlights of this episode that I just had to watch the performance twice.

The way Tae started with that magnificent drum solo... That had me hyped up for the rest of the performance and it did not disappoint at all. I loved the rap/metal kind of style of the first song, reminded me a bit of Faith no More. To me, that was probably their best song so far, cause it simply fits my tastes the most.

Junko's powerful voice though, that girl knows how to sing. Best moment of the episode was by far Junko smashing that guitar on stage while screaming her longs out and the shocked face of Koutarou was just priceless!!

Ah yes, help Ai get up the stage, but while doing so her arm stretches another meter, cause zombies, that was pretty funny. Loved the moment that they both fell down the stage and Junko doesn't hesitate letting the electricity run through her. Second song was pretty good, not a big fan of autotune, but still loved the effects that was used due to the electricity. I still remember that first perfomance in similar fashion. Good to see it again.

Personally think it reminded me of something LiSA or Band-Maid would do, possibly one of Ladybaby's less metal later songs at a stretch.
May 1, 2021 6:23 PM
Oct 2009
kr3bys said:
during the credits song, the legendary Tae gets wings .. spoilers? theories?

After seeing who's Tae's voice actor, my theory is that she's just a sailor senshi, aka Sailor Moon. The wings were the proof in this episode. But there's no way this could be real lol
May 1, 2021 8:32 PM

Nov 2018
This one was pretty great!
May 1, 2021 9:42 PM

Mar 2019
This anime is kicking again.

Legendary Tae's drum was fantastic. I have a theory that she is actually already awaken but having so much fun faking she is still a brainless zombie that she is still keeping with that. I can totally see her showing her true self in a very critical moment later in the season.

Though, a crazy backstory is probably what actually gonna happen.

Talking about backstory, I think Yuugiri's past is a really sad one and they may be holding it up for the story's climax.
May 2, 2021 2:33 AM

May 2020
Probably my favorite episode yet. The short scene of Ai running to the stage was awesome to see. Kind of wish we would get to see at least a little bit of the Iron Frill performance though.
May 2, 2021 12:47 PM

Nov 2011
Junko and Tae stole this episode. Holy Crap both songs were so good but that first one was FIRE!!! Especially with Tae's drum solo to start it. Unbelieveable!

Followed up by Tae about to Mike Tyson on Iron Frill.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 2, 2021 3:51 PM

May 2019
SMASH IT!

And so she did

LOOOOOOOLL
May 2, 2021 4:07 PM

Jul 2013
God bless Kawase Maki for her STRONG voice!

Its amazingly great how deep AND soothing her voice can be.

Loved it again, this season is rocking!

Also, minor edit: I think that version of Mezame Returner is new to this season, right? Still, it's a good remix.
ArthurBMay 2, 2021 4:15 PM
Gotta update this soon™
May 3, 2021 5:38 AM

Mar 2017
Does this mean we getting yuri doujins now?

Btw the song has some BACK-ON vibes, dunno if that's just me
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
May 3, 2021 8:34 AM
Oct 2019
Kotarou speech give me chills..
Miyano Mamoru truly a Legend.

But lmao RIP the Guitar.
Junko really taking it literally...

MAPPA really up their CGI from Season 1.
That looks really good.
May 3, 2021 4:18 PM

Oct 2012
This is probably one of the best episodes of season 2 so far IMO, not to mention it even more showed the power of Junkos voice (which is AMAZING!) honestly with the songs in S2 I would love to own the soundtrack.

May 4, 2021 11:55 AM
Jul 2012
Both performances were stellar!! Looking forward to the rakugo in the next episode
May 5, 2021 12:23 AM

Feb 2013
Does anyone have the name of the new song that was lead by Junko?
It hit me much harder than most other Zombieland Saga tracks and I can't find what it was called.
May 6, 2021 5:43 PM

Nov 2017
Not the cop again lmao, and I loved Tatsumi face when his guitar was broken.

Anyway..

Is it love I see?
"he has it big as a cactus
but he won't let go of my head
and I puke on his cock bitch" - Boy by Fishball 
May 9, 2021 12:56 AM

Oct 2014
best episode so far.

i got goosebumps by the time Junko sang. He hit those high notes like they owed her money.

Also. I'm happy that Junko is totally gay for Ai.
May 9, 2021 3:24 AM

Dec 2007
Man my favorite Tae shredded those drums. Wanna see more of her.

Yuri & Shoujo-ai FTW
May 9, 2021 12:50 PM

Mar 2010
Damn I enjoyed their performances both of them just were so stellar! I'm a hard penguin to please lolz but shit what a fun time.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 12, 2021 8:26 AM

Dec 2016
Their performance was fire. They don't deserve to be the opening act. I'm sure Iron Frill just did the typical idoly stuff but Franchouchou was really unique.

I feel bad for Koutaro, his axe got smashed XD

I like how in this season too Koutaro encouraged Junko just like how he did in season 1 about interacting with fans.

That vocaloid version of Mezame Returner was amazing.

It's shocking how Tae who still didn't wake up played the drums so smoothly.

I wonder how they did those special effects...

“You Suc” I died there XD
And how Ai just put those seaweeds back to form an encouraging line to feel better XD
May 14, 2021 5:20 AM

May 2020
woww their performance gave me goosebumps, they really killed it!

May 25, 2021 3:37 AM

Aug 2018
THIS CHAPTER WAS INCREDIBLE!!!!
How great it was, so far the best episode of the season, the song and the remix of Mezame Returner plus the animation, great.
Jun 10, 2021 7:35 AM

Aug 2016
I mean, how can shippers resist to ship Ai and Junko after episode like this?

When number one tells about your group of nobodies they consider you biggest rival. Man what a push up. That's gonna lift them up.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 22, 2021 11:22 AM

Mar 2016
Tae with the drum solo was sickkkkkkkk

Really like the first song that they sing on stage.

Zombie with electricity works wonders and the special effects on stage was great.

Really like the remix version of the second song.
Aug 12, 2021 7:15 PM
Jul 2018
absolute fking bangers, especially that first rock song. this just further cements junko as best girl for me, amazing performance.
Aug 13, 2021 2:32 AM

May 2020
Every non-idol song that they do is a fucking banger.

This show is sooooooooooo much fucking better when it focuses on everything but the idol stuff. Honestly every episode I hope that the girls become more than generic idols but little chance of that ever happening.

Aug 13, 2021 2:35 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Omg, I loved this. Wonderful performance and I loved all the build up to it. Honestly, I just really like this anime since it's like idols, but they really can just do a lot of things due to their situation and like I never thought it'd be so fun but it really is and I friggen love it.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Aug 18, 2021 4:40 AM

Jul 2015
Fantastic performances by the group especially the impactful moment of Junko literally following Kotaro's speech on breaking through his 'axe' lol.

Oct 7, 2021 5:24 AM
Jan 2018
Junko when he said smash it I don’t think he meant literally lol 😂
Oct 23, 2021 5:27 AM

Nov 2013
This episode was too good for TV series, I wish that was a feature film.
So, looks like Tae was a legendary drummer. The part of me doesn't want to know more about her. I don't want her to become more sane (if she doesn't pretend to be braindead), i like her the way she is.
GvendolineOct 23, 2021 5:34 AM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2021

235 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 10, 2:52 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2021

109 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 9, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2021

172 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 6, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2021

113 by Karva1 »»
Apr 2, 3:46 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2021

93 by Karva1 »»
Apr 2, 3:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.