Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »
Oct 28, 2020 1:49 AM

Aug 2015
I'm actually quite surprised how much I enjoyed this. I even like the main character's personality. Huh. Maybe I'm just in the mood for pure shounen again. It's been a while.
Nov 2, 2020 4:06 AM

Aug 2017
I don't understand how our protagonist is OP being a normal human (I mean before he had his powers). He practically came from the window and saved his friends.

They say that the series became popular because of the following episodes, not the first.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 2, 2020 10:30 PM

Aug 2017
I'm completely new to this series as I don't know anything about it's manga nor I've read it's synopsis.

I just jumped right into it!!

And tbh, It was a great first episode. The Animation seems really good and the soundtrack was amazing.

The plot also seems interesting!!

I don't know why but I felt it somewhat similar to Bleach.

Anyways, It's pretty interesting and I'm looking forward to what's next!

Nov 3, 2020 8:07 PM

Mar 2017
It was a really good first episode, the entry through the window was epic.
Nov 5, 2020 9:07 AM
Jun 2019
(0o-o0)

Really good! Looking forward to more.
Nov 7, 2020 3:31 PM
Mar 2014
Wthhh! I have not enjoyed a show like this in almost a decade and trust me I have seen MANY anime. The last time i felt this was back when my favourite anime, Bleach was airing! Im so looking forward to this
Nov 7, 2020 7:55 PM

Jul 2017
I enjoyed this episode a lot. I haven't read the manga so I don't know whether it is better or not. Nonetheless, I do enjoy this genre so I'm really interested in this. I'm excited to see what the next episode is going to be.

。*✲゚*♡(o•ᴗ•o)♡*✲゚*。

Nov 8, 2020 3:02 PM
Nov 2020
This anime is very interesting to watch
Nov 14, 2020 5:27 AM

Mar 2019
decent episode, predictable that the grandpa was going to die when he started talking about helping people as his last words. ik someone said it's explained later why he didn't seem to be too emotional about his grandpa's death so i'll be waiting for that :)

also, swallowing a haunted finger and becoming possessed - pretty creative lool. unsurprisingly, the human can control whatever demon is inside him even though he doesn't have any powers. i haven't read the manga but it seems like a lot of people have??

animation wise, okay but nothing special. character designs are a bit iffy but okay in general.

edit: forgot to mention this but the entry through the window was def my favourite part, that was amazing :')
Nov 14, 2020 6:42 AM

Feb 2019
interesting first ep
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Nov 14, 2020 5:32 PM
Apr 2020
That was fun. Immediate reaction: reminiscent of Bleach first episode in a way. Caught between "nostalgic" and "eh, seen it". But will set aside my judgements and watch how the story unravels and characters develop, because that's where the real magic happens.

Haven't read the manga, so no point of ref for the art, character dev, etc. Will check it out after this season wraps up, just to avoid spoilers.

Enjoyed the goofy moments throughout the episode, that was a pleasant surprise.

Handsome fellows abound, yes and please and thank you.

Nice animation sequences: Fushiguro running through the halls was a lovely one. Great cam angle and movement; animated blur; the rotoscoping of his run up the stairs didn't feel ham-fisted.

Overall, looking forward to getting into the next episodes.
Nov 15, 2020 10:23 PM
May 2020
Great start! Gorgeous animation and I actually like the character designs. The characterization was done well. No unique type characters but I felt like o got to know everyone quickly. That went a long ah in connecting with the story. Looking forward to more.
Nov 17, 2020 11:06 PM
Apr 2017
A fusion of Noragami and Bleach, except it kinda sucks. Here's a whirlwind of opinions I had on the first episode.

For a story and world so basic and mediocre, the show failed to nail a basic introduction.
Overall, it's a disorganized episode with a lot of unanswered questions. Had numerous moments that felt out of place because ideas were all over the place. When and why did Itadari take the cursed finger? Also, if schools used cursed objects to protect their students, does that mean the ordinary are aware of cursed objects? But the anime clearly established that ordinary people weren't aware of "spiritual beings" and "spiritual activity".

Transition from one scene to another felt choppy, and the humor was, for a lack of a better term, off.

When the grandpa died, the moment was silent and without sentimental orchestra, which I appreciate because grandpa's death and farewell words felt undercooked and meaningless without proper backstory of the grandpa and Itadori's character. But the decision to make the moment as unexpected as it was makes me wonder what its purpose was. I can only guess that it ties with Itadori's lack of fear/monologue about death, but even that whole segment was confusing.

The anime's only redeeming quality is its great animation, which is to be expected from MAPPA.
AniJanNov 17, 2020 11:12 PM
Nov 18, 2020 12:26 AM
Aug 2020
Well it's my favourite now!
Nov 21, 2020 3:52 AM
Oct 2020
You f Good day to you I don't
Nov 21, 2020 8:45 AM
Jan 2010
Generic shonen with chuuni cringe and fujo designs
Nov 22, 2020 8:02 AM
Nov 2020
this is nice anime
Nov 22, 2020 10:51 AM
May 2012
AniJan said:
A fusion of Noragami and Bleach, except it kinda sucks. Here's a whirlwind of opinions I had on the first episode.

For a story and world so basic and mediocre, the show failed to nail a basic introduction.
Overall, it's a disorganized episode with a lot of unanswered questions. Had numerous moments that felt out of place because ideas were all over the place. When and why did Itadari take the cursed finger? Also, if schools used cursed objects to protect their students, does that mean the ordinary are aware of cursed objects? But the anime clearly established that ordinary people weren't aware of "spiritual beings" and "spiritual activity".

Transition from one scene to another felt choppy, and the humor was, for a lack of a better term, off.

When the grandpa died, the moment was silent and without sentimental orchestra, which I appreciate because grandpa's death and farewell words felt undercooked and meaningless without proper backstory of the grandpa and Itadori's character. But the decision to make the moment as unexpected as it was makes me wonder what its purpose was. I can only guess that it ties with Itadori's lack of fear/monologue about death, but even that whole segment was confusing.

The anime's only redeeming quality is its great animation, which is to be expected from MAPPA.

I agree, it was weird. You can't really connect to anything.
Nov 23, 2020 1:32 AM

Jan 2020
Talk about being impressive. Yuuji beats world records for fun. And now he is even more impressive after eating the cursed finger. To be honest, it looks unbelievably disgusting. I wonder how Yuuji ate that so comfortably. I think I would've vomitted at least a hundred times after eating that.

Anyways, a pretty decent first episode. The animation is really great. Our protagonist Yuuji seems to be quite overpowered, but has a very likeable personality. Satoru is yet to make a proper appearance, though. He only appeared for a minute in the beginning. I'm quite excited for him.

The opening is pretty good, but definitely nowhere near as good as the ending, though, which hasn't come yet.
IrrelevantGuyNov 23, 2020 1:41 AM
Nov 28, 2020 12:32 PM

Sep 2014
This is probably the most generic show in years but it has boring slapstick comedy so of course MAL loves this shit.

Even the animation is pretty trash.

Maybe everyone is trying to troll me with this because I see a lot of praise for this show even though its literally nothing special.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Nov 29, 2020 7:55 AM

Dec 2012
Damn. That was good!

Dec 1, 2020 5:13 AM
Nov 2020
DruMzTV said:
Better than expected!

Character deisgns are still awful, but yknow.... thats what MAPPA is known for.

Aside from that, pretty entertaining and as ive heard they will be doing 2 cour i wonder if they will stop at the festival arc or the obedience arc.

As for the episode itself, the action was solid, and they added some flair to the atmosphere.

7/10
the character designs aren't awful you moron, "that's what MAPPA is known for" honestly what a tool
Dec 2, 2020 6:23 AM
Oct 2020
かなはやなさやたなたさまらまはあなたやまら
Dec 5, 2020 2:55 AM
Feb 2020
Decent start to the series,

Also,

Yuji should try it out in Olympics

asahisuper said:
かなはやなさやたなたさまらまはあなたやまら

Did I accidentally opened some Japanese site !!
Dec 8, 2020 12:33 AM

Jul 2013
All these blood and gore and deformed creatures remind me of parasyte, I loved parasyte. And the comedy in point too.
Dec 15, 2020 8:56 PM
Oct 2019
That was good. Didn't expect the comedy.
Dec 22, 2020 6:58 AM

May 2016
Definitely worth the fame this show has much potential from the beginning.

Yuuji looks like a really good mc type and definitely he will grow insanely stronger.
Dec 23, 2020 10:36 PM

Aug 2019
hmm ok i'll give it that. Pretty interesting start. The plot of curses and exorcisms seem pretty good, as well as the art and design of the curse creatures hit the horror/supernatural aesthetic pretty well on the head. Mc seems decent as well.

Rn just confused on, was something going on with Itadori beforehand? Like he already seemed super human enough? Or is that just the usual Shounen plot points? Eh either way it dosen't bother me to much, the "one in a million chance" of the worst thing to happen, actually happening was good. Interested to watch the rest of this.
Dec 26, 2020 6:10 PM

Nov 2008
Hmm, that wasn't bad.

I like the boy with the wolf shikigami the most (lol yeah big surprise) but he is cool :O

eating a human finger is so gross lol xD

Let's see just what's going on here....

Jan 3, 2021 6:44 AM

Mar 2016
Quite a decent first ep, introduction to the MC, his friends and some personal motivation by his late grandfather followed by some action battling a curse. Pretty enjoyable so far, hopefully it'll get even better.

The OP is cool though
Jan 4, 2021 7:12 AM

Feb 2020
That was nice. Decent animation and good characters. 4/5
Jan 20, 2021 9:56 AM

Jan 2021
Could've sworn I was watching Bleach here.

High school boy meets some random person and learns about monsters that have been causing the deaths of humans which cannot be seen by the naked eye. Random person almost gets killed protecting high school boy and high school boy swears to return the favor and gets a powerup in the process ultimately defeating the monster.

High school boy = Ichigo
Random person = Rukia
Monsters = Hollows

High school boy being some chill guy who lost someone dear to him like Ichigo. And by the looks of the opening scene, seems like high school boy's been set up for execution for breaking a "rule." Although that role was Rukia's instead of Ichigo lol. Gojou being Byakuya (ToT)

God, I could go on lmao.

Jan 24, 2021 1:29 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I decided to watch this because I've been hearing things about this anime and...this reminds me of Bleach, which is good since it's been a long time since I watched something like this :)

1st episode is enjoyable, I will keep following this series ^^

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jan 31, 2021 12:48 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
What a opener episode, I was hesitant to start this due to the massive hype, but it's building up expectations very well for me.
Feb 18, 2021 10:02 AM

Mar 2019
Good first episode, rip grandpa though, died in a sad way though at least he had Yuji with him. But man, if only he would have listened to what his grandpa had to say about his parents. I hate that double eye thing so much. It's disgusting.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Feb 20, 2021 7:54 AM
Sep 2018
This anime can be really good !
Feb 20, 2021 8:35 PM

Dec 2016
Oh man, this is crazy! So far so good and I'm loving it! *-* I'm wondering, now that the cursed finger got swallowed by the protagonist, what's going to happen from now on >.> Can't wait to watch more!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Feb 25, 2021 3:35 AM
Nov 2020
The beginning of the legend😎
Feb 25, 2021 6:13 AM
Nov 2020
I want to I want to lose my memory to go back and watch jjk again
Feb 25, 2021 6:14 AM
Nov 2020
I want to lose my memory to go back and watch jjk again
Feb 28, 2021 3:34 PM
Mar 2017
Late to the party, but I wanted to give a particular salute to the 4th wall break and sheepish grin that said "yeah we went there". Gold.
Mar 4, 2021 3:17 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Yo wassup I’m a little late to the party but I’m joining the jujutsu kaisen hype train, finally! Mostly have Charlie’s moist meter to thank for that, thought this was just some mediocre shounen but his review, and all the acclaim it’s been getting has changed my mind! And so far this first episode is good proof of how good it is. Right off the bat, for me at least, it seems this is the series that mappa has been having fun with. Seems like they poured their heart and soul into this and whatever was left they gave to attack on titan. That’s just how I see it though, please don’t attack me! I’m just really loving this animation!

Glad I started in time to be able to enjoy the finale of this season with everyone else as it airs in a few weeks. Probably going to catch up within the next couple days depending on how fun I find this series!

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 6, 2021 4:16 AM

Jul 2010
Word that was awesome great first episode this series looks good. I like the main character seems chill. Interesting curse he's got now but looks like he can control it somewhat. Rip Gramps
Mar 10, 2021 1:20 AM

Aug 2018
It's very good, let's see how it continues
Mar 11, 2021 6:35 PM
Mar 2021
It was pretty good, it has interesting and intriguing characters that I am very excited to learn and see the characters develop. Grandpa's death was unexpected (I truly thought he was going to die a little later in the season, not the first episode) but nonetheless it was still a great way to start an anime. Overall I gave this episode a 4/5 rating
Mar 22, 2021 9:57 AM
Mar 2021
It verry no too great~
Mar 22, 2021 9:58 AM
Mar 2021
To to great~ π~π
Mar 22, 2021 3:43 PM

Dec 2015
Interesting start, had more humor than I expected. Not 100% convinced on Yuuji's VA, but I assume he's gonna grow on me. We'll see.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 27, 2021 12:27 AM
Mar 2021
حلو مره بس كلوزق شذا مو حلو امزح مدري شقول .
Mar 30, 2021 2:31 PM

Feb 2019
Yeah it was... meh. I don't know what I was expecting, but demons and monsters... it's just too much like High School DxD. I dunno, I guess it was OK. I didn't really enjoy it though.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

640 by Ey3for_D3tail »»
Yesterday, 3:59 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2020

276 by NayakoBloody »»
May 10, 4:08 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2020

345 by NayakoBloody »»
May 10, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2020

332 by tuga_lu »»
May 9, 2:39 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

237 by manishtandurkar »»
Apr 25, 3:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.