Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 19, 2020 2:59 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
For those wondering how I managed to watch this before the official air date, there was a special episode 1 screening on Toho Animation YT Channel which is sadly not available anymore.

Well, that was quite some start though! First few minutes fooled me into thinking that this was going to be a tame episode (as in not too gore) but the latter half definitely took it to the next level.

Grandpa passing away too, that was totally unexpected. Such a natural way to pass away as well and the MC's lack of extreme emotions surprised me a little.

"You're strong so help others" - Looks like our MC took that quote to face value and has become a hybrid now? Really got Bleach vibes for a bit there. And the Animation Style is very similar to God of High School, unsurprisingly considering the same Director is involved in the two.

When I read something about friendship in the Synopsis some time back, I didn't think they were going to be his seniors. For some reason, it felt a little new.

MC and the Demon having that casual talk towards the end was pretty funny as well. Yikes, imagine having to swallow a haunted finger though...

For the time being, I would've to say that the episode was pretty good but I might need a little more time until I'm fully invested.

For my South and Southeast Asian brothers and sisters, there's still Kuma Kuma Bear to look forward for midnight!
_MushiRock11_Sep 19, 2020 3:10 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 19, 2020 3:02 AM
Dec 2018
Better than expected!

Character deisgns are still awful, but yknow.... thats what MAPPA is known for.

Aside from that, pretty entertaining and as ive heard they will be doing 2 cour i wonder if they will stop at the festival arc or the obedience arc.

As for the episode itself, the action was solid, and they added some flair to the atmosphere.

7/10
Sep 19, 2020 3:03 AM
Apr 2018
I can't believe I just watched it... I'm emotional right now.
Sep 19, 2020 3:08 AM

May 2018
Great first episode!!!
Some of the characters designs are weird but I can live with this.
8/10
Rider9530Sep 19, 2020 3:12 AM
Sep 19, 2020 3:28 AM

Jan 2018
Really good episode. It was able to capture the right atmosphere. The OSTs were good too. But they changed the way how Yuji ate Sukuna's finger. I dunno why.

This is gonna be 2 cour. So if they maintain the quality, then this is gonna be big.
Sep 19, 2020 3:41 AM
Jul 2018
can any manga reader can tell me how many chapters are covered from this first episode and also one question why did main character has pink hair he used to have yellow or goldish hair right. plz clear my doubts and questions
Sep 19, 2020 3:42 AM
Oct 2019
This episode was amazing. MAPPA did a great job because it looked amazing and they adapted the first chapter very good. I'm looking forward to the next episode.
9/10

AKiB_ said:
Really good episode. It was able to capture the right atmosphere. The OSTs were good too. But they changed the way how Yuji ate Sukuna's finger. I dunno why.

This is gonna be 2 cour. So if they maintain the quality, then this is gonna be big.

I think they did that to make it more intense but I didn't mind the change.
Sep 19, 2020 3:48 AM
Oct 2019
Hydroalbidius said:
can any manga reader can tell me how many chapters are covered from this first episode and also one question why did main character has pink hair he used to have yellow or goldish hair right. plz clear my doubts and questions

The first episode covered the first chapter but it was a long one. It had around 55 pages compared to the other chapters that have around 20 pages. Sometimes Yuji's hair was shown as yellow but I think that was an artistic choice. On the cover of the first volume, his hair is pink-ish and the same on the color pages.
Sep 19, 2020 4:09 AM

Nov 2018
Rendurr said:
Hydroalbidius said:

The first episode covered the first chapter but it was a long one. It had around 55 pages compared to the other chapters that have around 20 pages. Sometimes Yuji's hair was shown as yellow but I think that was an artistic choice. On the cover of the first volume, his hair is pink-ish and the same on the color pages.

and to add a little bit more that i heard akutami sensei had a partial color blind so that might explain the inconsistent color choice
Sep 19, 2020 5:05 AM

Mar 2016
if i was anime only i prolly wont be too excited with this episode, but as an adaptation its okay and enjoyable.
Sep 19, 2020 7:07 AM
Jan 2018
I really liked how they manage to add several scenes that can increase and added even more in the series, in addition to the great action scenes.
It was better than the manga, great adaptation.
Sep 19, 2020 7:12 AM
Jul 2018
davisgn2 said:
I really liked how they manage to add several scenes that can increase and added even more in the series, in addition to the great action scenes.
It was better than the manga, great adaptation.
is it going to be like my hero academia where animators add stuff here and there to strech and add more to the content
Sep 19, 2020 9:15 AM
Oct 2019
_MushiRock11_ said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
For those wondering how I managed to watch this before the official air date, there was a special episode 1 screening on Toho Animation YT Channel which is sadly not available anymore.

Well, that was quite some start though! First few minutes fooled me into thinking that this was going to be a tame episode (as in not too gore) but the latter half definitely took it to the next level.

Grandpa passing away too, that was totally unexpected. Such a natural way to pass away as well and the MC's lack of extreme emotions surprised me a little.

"You're strong so help others" - Looks like our MC took that quote to face value and has become a hybrid now? Really got Bleach vibes for a bit there. And the Animation Style is very similar to God of High School, unsurprisingly considering the same Director is involved in the two.

When I read something about friendship in the Synopsis some time back, I didn't think they were going to be his seniors. For some reason, it felt a little new.

MC and the Demon having that casual talk towards the end was pretty funny as well. Yikes, imagine having to swallow a haunted finger though...

For the time being, I would've to say that the episode was pretty good but I might need a little more time until I'm fully invested.

For my South and Southeast Asian brothers and sisters, there's still Kuma Kuma Bear to look forward for midnight!
the reason why the Yuji didn’t ball his eyes Out crying at his grandfathers death is explained.
Sep 19, 2020 9:26 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Karma1100 said:
the reason why the Yuji didn’t ball his eyes Out crying at his grandfathers death is explained.

Perhaps so but I still found it a little strange.

Sep 19, 2020 9:41 AM
Oct 2019
_MushiRock11_ said:
Karma1100 said:

Perhaps so but I still found it a little strange.
I didn’t see the subtitles so I don’t want to say because I’m not sure if it’s a spoiler but the reason is because of his and his grandpa’s ideal/philosophy on death and like what death means to them.
Sep 19, 2020 10:15 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Karma1100 said:
I didn’t see the subtitles so I don’t want to say because I’m not sure if it’s a spoiler but the reason is because of his and his grandpa’s ideal/philosophy on death and like what death means to them.

Oh, right. Guess we'll see the full picture on the 2nd of Oct. then.

Sep 19, 2020 1:50 PM
Aug 2020
A new journey begins with this great anime, i liked the episode, designs were ok, but overall i liked the character interactions, this anime has potential and will blow up
Sep 19, 2020 2:36 PM
Jul 2018
Another Jump adaptation, another overrated sausage fest with idiotic characters.

Not even good animation is going to make me watch this, drop.
Sep 19, 2020 6:47 PM

May 2017
I'm a sucker for this kind of stuff and I loved it! It looks promising so far, but hey it's just the first episode.
Sep 19, 2020 8:36 PM

Feb 2014
Pretty cool and exciting, definitely feels like early Bleach, with more polished animation, even the protagonist is like Ichigo personality wise.

Tho, hated that the MC could do a shit ton of superhuman fits before he ate the curse.
Throwing that ball 20 meters I can accept, but the fight with that monster was absurd, he even breaks the floor with his body.
Sep 19, 2020 9:02 PM

Dec 2017
Really good adaption for episode 1, I have high expectations and I hope it surpasses the manga as well. Hopefully MAPPA can continue with this quality!
Sep 19, 2020 9:33 PM

Jan 2009
looks cool so its about curses and exorcism again no originality again but execution is great

the are like fighting fire with fire with that fighting curses with more powerful curses like they say fighting evil with more evil

Yuji was supposed to be possessed by that curse but lol he can freely overtake that curse ghost inside of his body

also Yuji might be your typical strong and airhead and even self-righteous SJW main character but i like that he got a lot of common sense so far like he knows if he eat that curse finger he will get a power up
Sep 19, 2020 9:37 PM

Jul 2015
deg said:
SJW main character
A fucking what main character?
Sep 19, 2020 9:44 PM

Jan 2009
DisconnectedUser said:
deg said:
SJW main character
A fucking what main character?

have you read his MAL description? here

He cares greatly for the "value of a life" and to this end he will ensure that others receive a "fair death." He is easy to anger in the face of pure cruelty and unfair judgement of other people. https://myanimelist.net/character/163847/Yuuji_Itadori

might as well call him SJW before anyone else does with the magic words fair and unfair on his character description

Sep 19, 2020 10:10 PM

Jan 2018
Good introduction of this anime. Looking forward for it.

4/5
Sep 19, 2020 10:20 PM
May 2020
Great first episode I can't believe I just watched it.both character were awesome. when he said bro will you leave my body that line was freaking awesome overall episode was damn great but only the animation was not that much great
Sep 19, 2020 11:36 PM

Jul 2017
Not a fan of the manga at all and the anime did not change my interest levels. Not really the anime's fault but it is what it is. Otherwise directing was average, nothing really exciting for me personally but it wasn't awful either.
Sep 20, 2020 12:01 AM
Feb 2019
The subtitles were a bit over translated. but all in all I liked it. MAPPA's animation worked really well. It didn't really match gege akutami's creepy art style but MAPPA knows what they're doing 4/5
Sep 20, 2020 12:15 AM

Jun 2014
This is one of the Fall anime that I'm the most excited about and I liked this first episode. Everything seems pretty decent so far and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more. My biggest problem though, and I think someone else already pointed this out, was how Yuji was able to fight pretty much like a superhuman even before eating the relic lol. Idk I just thought it was odd for a seemingly ordinary high schooler to be able to do all those acrobatics and fend off these monsters. Whatever though, I can overlook that, can't wait for the next episode.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 20, 2020 12:24 AM
Jun 2016
i haven't read the manga so i got nothing to compare with, but this first episode is pretty solid, animation is great, and music is also good (got the creeps/chills at certain scenes-),

i cant judge the story from 1 meansly episode so im looking forward to the next ones!
Sep 20, 2020 12:31 AM
Mar 2020
hello where u watch it didnt see in my apk anime list
Sep 20, 2020 1:20 AM

Oct 2018
Nice start im glad they arent rushing it. I like it for now. Hope itll be a way better experience than the manga
Sep 20, 2020 1:43 AM
Apr 2018
DruMzTV said:
Better than expected!

Aside from that, pretty entertaining and as ive heard they will be doing 2 cour i wonder if they will stop at the festival arc or the obedience arc.

As for the episode itself, the action was solid, and they added some flair to the atmosphere.

7/10

i think the character design has a charm of it's own.

YorukaWaifu said:
Another Jump adaptation, another overrated sausage fest with idiotic characters.

not good animation? are we even watching the same show?

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
anime-primeSep 21, 2020 9:42 PM
Sep 20, 2020 1:53 AM
Jul 2018
LITTLE-ONE said:
YorukaWaifu said:

not good animation? are we even watching the same show?

You misunderstood there, the person said that even good animation won't save the anime for him (it seems he hates the writing and characters)
Sep 20, 2020 2:55 AM
Dec 2018
LITTLE-ONE said:
DruMzTV said:
Better than expected!

7/10

i think the character design has a charm of it's own.

heavily disagree.
Sep 20, 2020 3:05 AM

Sep 2009
This was somehow really refreshing and just freaking loved the animation!!
8/10 for now

Check out~ ♥ Some quality AMV:s made with love ♥ My Youtube
Sep 20, 2020 3:15 AM

Mar 2014
Wow why is Jujutsu Kaisen episode one so much better than My Hero Academia?
Sep 20, 2020 3:56 AM

Jul 2019
great first episode ngl. will speed read this at some point.
Sep 20, 2020 4:07 AM

Mar 2019
Going into this first episode, I had no idea what to expect, and to be honest, it's not bad.
Yuji's curse thing has me intrigued and the story seems interesting, so i'm interested to see where this is headed.
Sep 20, 2020 5:05 AM

Sep 2017
This first episode was quite entertaining, look forward to see what happens next
Sep 20, 2020 5:08 AM
Jun 2019
I don't know anything about the manga but going off of the episode it looks really cool. I thought the story and premiss were interesting and reminded me of an edgier blue exorcist. The animation and VA were also really good. I'm excited for the second episode.
Sep 20, 2020 5:12 AM

Jan 2015
It was an OK episode. Nothing special, but not too bad

Subtitles were definitely off
Sep 20, 2020 5:30 AM

Jul 2014
Oh, an unexpected early episode
The episode was ok, loved the OST though
"My god, jelly donuts are so scary." - Fujiwara no Mokou
Sep 20, 2020 6:21 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I guess, i don't enter the wrong door after seeing these show first episode. Its looks so promising!

The battle sequences were nice, the thrilling moment had its own good, when the CGI aspect on these episode almost as fluid as my expectations, from MAPPA casualty, at least for my understanding. Itadori seems to had his own eccentricsm, with the pink hair as his trademark too. Nice! He was strong af too! What else? He got the power of the legendary cursed demon for the first time he fighting!

Still, i need more time to understand these world of sorcerers building that needed them to get rid the cursed thing as much as possible. Was that even good? For my own satisfaction, its look entertaining for now, eventhough its still full of clicheness motives surrounded the MC (helping reason was not so good, grandpa. I really need Itadori to had his own motivation. Alas, they've come up with the idea of his grandpa told him to help his surrounding. I am pissed off).

So, yeah, for now, i am really glad that i come in here. Really looking forward for the next episode.
badabassSep 20, 2020 6:25 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 20, 2020 6:28 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Ok so it seems like the modern bleach xD well for the plot it's the epitome of the shounen genre I guess, well this episode was fine, so why not.
Sep 20, 2020 7:20 AM

Apr 2020
Very average, but too soon to say more than this.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Sep 20, 2020 7:47 AM
日野森雫

Apr 2019
it was a good episode, the animation was fine, and the artwork was semi-good imo. can't say much though since its only episode one.

✧ forum set by the amazing, yashika-chwan <3 ✧
Sep 20, 2020 8:24 AM

Aug 2013
I wasn't expecting anything and wasn't planning to watch this but still gave it a go. This was a decent first episode ngl.

Sep 20, 2020 8:51 AM

Mar 2019
Xenocrisi said:
It was an OK episode. Nothing special, but not too bad

Subtitles were definitely off

I agree, I reccomend re watching the first episode when it comes out on October 3rd with better subtitles
Sep 20, 2020 9:00 AM

Mar 2015
Awesome episode. Looking forward to the next one.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

237 by manishtandurkar »»
Apr 25, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

637 by Gingko »»
Apr 23, 2:39 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2021

244 by yaybeachepisode »»
Apr 18, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2021

351 by Hater-chan »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2020

344 by Alciefer »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.