Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
In/Spectre
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 17, 2020 11:47 AM
May 2019
This was a fun and exciting episode.
That ending though poor detective F
Feb 17, 2020 3:37 PM

Jul 2017
It looks like even though Steel Lady Nanase is a monster of the imagination, there's a concrete way to alleviate her known status, but with human perception, it's only logical/rational fiction that'll trump the thoughts surrounding her, and only a collaboration between Kotoko and Saki is the way to solving this convoluted case of "not killed, but killed in action a.k.a suicide. Add to that the likely (and most probable) suspect of older sister Hatsumi Nanase with her alibi, it's hard to discern.

ChloeVonEinzbern said:
Also, this part was the best:

Magical Girl Kotoko-chan is here to solve the case!
Pfft haha that made my day :)

To go back to the crime scene and inquire the help of youkai is the standard of Kotoko, but for Saki, it's witness at an unprecedented level. Regardless, predicting the future (at least for Kuro) having been a kudan is a feat, but only in small dosages as it eats on its wearer. Furthermore, since his lifepath only chooses the most probable situation, it's as difficult to ascertain what lies ahead, so the present is as good as it comes.

Time is certainly not on anyone's side as Steel Lady Nanase claims another human detective's life, and the suspicion that falls on the behemoth: the most likely older sister Hatsumi spreading rumours. What comes out of the truth in light in this arc, next episode.
KANLen09Feb 17, 2020 3:41 PM
Feb 17, 2020 4:09 PM

Oct 2008
Enough complaining about the dialogue-heavy nature of the show. "Show, don't tell" is a guideline, not a rule. Just as there are anime that excel in visuals, there are those that will excel in music, dialogue, humor, horror, etc...
Feb 17, 2020 10:22 PM
Sep 2019
I don't know if I'm the only one that thinks that In/Specter is really uninteresting with one of the most dullest main characters in existence (Kurou Sakuragawa)
Feb 19, 2020 12:09 AM

Sep 2018
Hmmm so Kuro-kun worried about Iwanaga. I like their little moments than watching them solving a case
Feb 19, 2020 5:36 AM
Jul 2018
kuro care about kotoko life but its unknown if he care about her feelings
Feb 20, 2020 10:01 AM

Nov 2019
Pretty dope 5/5 episode
Kotoko deserves better than Korou but at the same time Korou ain't that bad he has room to improve
Saki's a fucking pussy too jheeeeeez
Feb 20, 2020 7:05 PM

Oct 2018
it has a Hyouka vibe
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Feb 21, 2020 7:08 AM

Aug 2017
Well, we know how Nanase died. That police officer being killed was expected as the phrase says: "curiosity killed the cat".
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 21, 2020 1:01 PM

May 2015
I really like Iwanaga. She's cute, funny and honest about her feelings. I loved it when she hugged Kuro from behind. She looks floofy as hell lol.

Seeing the police woman freak out was also funny to watch.

I love animes like this that are action and romance. Double interest. Hope they proper get together by the end.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 21, 2020 4:36 PM

Feb 2018
sad nanase xD. Suicide.
Feb 21, 2020 11:23 PM
Jul 2018
TyDrian said:
Pretty dope 5/5 episode
Kotoko deserves better than Korou but at the same time Korou ain't that bad he has room to improve
Saki's a fucking pussy too jheeeeeez

100% right kuro deserve better than loli kotoko
Feb 22, 2020 12:35 PM

Jun 2019
So do Kuro & Kotoko have a sexual relationship or not? When they're going down the hill on the bike she says "you refuse to sleep with me" did she mean in a romantic way, as in having sex, or just actual sleeping with her (even though they actually have sex)?

I'm currently watching ep 7 and came back and watched this episode then looked up this thread for any hints. In the next episode they're in the hotel room, the one Kotoko complains because they didn't get a single room even though they're boyfriend & girlfriend, which suggests they have sex right? Kurou says that he was worried about her being tired & wanted her to sleep, but she says she wishes he would keep her up all night, hinting at getting intimate.

So I think they do, but wondered why she made that comment in this episode about him refusing to sleep with her?
Feb 23, 2020 8:28 AM
Apr 2019
Up until now the series hasn't been extremely exciting other than the first episode. I kept watching the series because these long exposition filled episodes felt like they were leading up to something and now I think the payoff is coming next week and will continue till the end of the season.

[also the bike hug scene was really cut]
Feb 23, 2020 1:22 PM

Jul 2008
well this just got more complicated.

Also I like how the infinite futures theory is real in this show and the work around for it.
Feb 25, 2020 6:43 AM

Jul 2009
Ah yep, looks like my guess about tampering the wiki was correct. Curious to see how the trio would pull this off since they have to prove to so many internet-goers.

Tbh if I were Kotoko, I'd just visit the crime scene again and find a witness yokai right away, but she does have a point on finding substantial evidence first beforehand.

Poor detective in the end RIP.
Feb 27, 2020 5:19 PM

Nov 2016
Fuuaak at the ending. RIP my man.

Great anime so far, especially digging Kuro x Kotoko, the mystery and supernatural elemnt is a nice bonus.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 5, 2020 9:11 AM

Oct 2017
Terada just had to go and get himself killed. Hope he comes back as a ghost later.
Mar 15, 2020 8:06 PM

Mar 2013
enjoyed this episode, the kurou and kotoko moments were super cute.
My favorite part was Kurou saying "she won't be satisfied unless she goes through all of this" LMAO
wish we could see more of them and a bit of backstory how their relationship established.

I just really hope this whole Lady Nanase Storyline won't drag out for the rest of the anime.... it is halfway through and I would like to see something else than just this.

I felt really bad about the Detective, I liked him a lot :/
"You think your power has limits, I say it's limitless."

Mar 19, 2020 11:02 PM

Feb 2015
The episode was really boring, nothing happened.
Apr 4, 2020 4:52 PM
Feb 2018
well this video is interesting how the Steel Lady was formed. Kuro powers seem like a real drag I'd pass too bad he couldn't. It seem that Kotoko lied to Saki about how intimate she got with Kuro plus he seem to treat her like a brat younger sibling maybe step-sibling one that was force on you but you can't hate and they grow on but still you think maybe it be easier it they never came into my life at least one or two a month but in the end you come to love them
Apr 8, 2020 8:16 PM

Apr 2016
More, more, and more dialogue. Color me surprised.

At least it's cute seeing how Kuro and Kotoko interact with each other when they're alone. They've definitely grown as a pair.

RIP the ex girlfriend's coworker.
Apr 29, 2020 4:11 AM

Feb 2012
Man Steel Lady Nanase need to stop her BS.
Can't this arc just be over with ?

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

May 4, 2020 10:08 AM

Jul 2015
Didn't realised this until now but is...is Kotoko a magical girl? the outfit, the loliness, the dance...all those hints...

So hold on, basically at least two people died in the span of one year near that construction site? Is it really a good idea to continue building there?

May 10, 2020 7:40 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
The cases getting worst, the first murder confirmed as how stupid that police officer one by one with a brutal yokai. He cant even passed that swing, how dumb!

Feels sad to Saki, tho, how could she get over that deadly friend in the first place? For the romance subplot, i can't understand the real reason between Kotoko and Kurou relations. Since i feel some miss part when 2 years time-skip happened. Oh well! Glad, the ghost construction staff comedic part save me from bad feeling about this show
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 3, 2020 10:25 AM
Jul 2018
now they know how she died and I'm starting to like Kuro and Kotoko relationship
Aug 13, 2020 6:21 AM

Oct 2009
How Kyouko able to stay expressionless when she keep seeing Kuro dies.
When Kuro said he can die as many times as he needs for her, she still keeping that straight face D:

He has immortality but but !... D:
Aug 25, 2020 7:03 AM

Nov 2008
Kotoko's mahou shoujo impression was hella cute
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Jun 3, 2021 1:52 PM
May 2020
smoking on that detective pack🚬🗿
Jun 3, 2021 1:52 PM
May 2020
smoking on that detective pack🚬🗿
Aug 11, 2022 11:51 AM

Aug 2018
Kuro touching Kotoko's leg like that.. At 02:16.. Hm.. Interesting.. Either Kuro is alright with such touchings and doesn't put too much mind into that.. Or he is comfortable with Kotoko, maybe even used to touching her, or does it unconsciously already at this point.. Or something like that.. Either way, it's an interesting touch..
Whether people will begin to believe in something or not.. Well, Saki.. Maybe if you'd hang out more on the corners of net.. You'd hear term "shill".. If you bombard information all the time.. People will be more likely to believe it, rather than something people won't talk about.. That's one of the thing that can be done.. Especially with police resources as well.. Why ban some board full of stories?.. Just make it flooded with other story instead.. Of course with logic and it being constant, with emotionally affecting people, through attacks on them, calling them idiots, or other means.. Whatever the culture of the board already is.. There are ways to make people believe things.. At least parts of people..
And yeah, there are also Kuro's powers.. Making future somehow at times.. Something like that..
Yeah, it makes sense that maybe Kuro is harder with showing and experiencing feelings.. As he went through numbing pain.. Well, as getting several times stabbed by grandma, himself, and stuff.. So I understand that it leads to numbing.. But also in the end he chooses to stay with Kotoko?.. At least for now.. Wonder, why.. But either way.. I think it's sweet understanding from Kotoko's side to see Kuro like that..
Sep 6, 2022 12:46 PM
Jul 2020
gooood/////////////
Jan 8, 2023 5:09 AM

May 2020
If only people could communicate with yokais like Kotoko does, the police wouldn't have to investigate things down to the last bit.

Though Nanase's death being an actual accidental death kinda had me down, as I was digging something super mysterious about that whole mess.

Really liked the arc so far, guess they'll conclude it next episode. But btw rip detective-san.
Jan 9, 2023 11:15 AM

Jan 2020
I honestly didn't expect this Steel Beam Lady arc to go on for this long. Is this about to be the rest of this season?

I'm also not sure what's up with Kurou. He's not really tsundere, but he is also accepting Kotoko and rejecting her pretty actively. It's becoming frustrating.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Apr 10, 2023 10:34 PM

Sep 2018
My goodness, it took six episodes for me to get that the title In/Spectre is a play on words 🤦🤦

Jul 17, 2023 10:20 PM
Oct 2019
there is a lot of discussion not a lot of action
Jul 25, 2023 12:10 AM
May 2023
im so sad the detective died at the end but i knew someone would die when she said "nothing should happen for today"
Dec 4, 2023 9:09 PM

Nov 2023
Well that sucks for her damn..
Apr 10, 9:26 AM

Jan 2021
Jeez. Thius gets darker by the episode.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyokou Suiri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

155 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 10, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Kyokou Suiri Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 29, 2020

70 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 10, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Kyokou Suiri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2020

66 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 10, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Kyokou Suiri Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2020

110 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 6, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Kyokou Suiri Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2020

106 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 5:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.