Forum Settings
Forums

Anime that you find to have a very interesting world concept

New
Jan 15, 2020 3:01 PM
takodachi

Jan 2020
As of right now, the first thing that I can think of is Kekkai Sensen. I just find the whole New York hustle with an alien take to be so damn cool!

The plot itself isn't a factor, just the world as a whole and its unique concept.

π’«π‘œπ“… 𝒢 𝓅𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒢𝓃𝒹 𝑔𝑒𝓉 π’Ύπ“‚π“‚π‘œπ“‡π“‰π’Άπ“π’Ύπ“π‘’π’Ή
π’―π’½π‘œπ“Šπ‘”π’½π“‰ π“…π“‡π‘œπ’Έπ‘’π“ˆπ“ˆ π‘œπ“‹π‘’π“‡π“‡π’Ύπ’Ήπ‘’
π’«π“Šπ“‡π’Ύπ’»π“Ž π“‚π“Ž π“…π‘œπ’Ύπ“ˆπ‘œπ“ƒπ‘’π’Ή 𝓂𝒾𝓃𝒹

Jan 15, 2020 3:02 PM

Jul 2007
Toriko. Massive planet the size of saturn full of gigantic monsters that could effortlessly wipe out humanity if they actually gave a fuck about humans.
β˜†β˜†β˜†
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
β˜†β˜†β˜†

Jan 15, 2020 3:08 PM

Jul 2016
One piece.Too many examples to count,but to me it´s the pinnacle of an anime with interesting worlds.And dragon ball as well because of its sci-fi aesthetic and multiple universes.
SummerynJan 17, 2020 6:02 AM
Jan 15, 2020 3:53 PM

Jul 2017
A little different from world concept, but I find Academy City in the Index/Railgun series to be very interesting. The city in terms of technology is around 30 years ahead of the rest of the world and is filled with espers, it pretty much acts like it's own country.

"Do you know why snow is white? 
Because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be." - C.C.

Jan 15, 2020 3:55 PM

Jul 2017
The Toaru series by faaaaaar. The concept is genius and the one I find to be the most fascinating.

Pokemon has a genius world concept as well. Even if it's not explored in too much depth, it's still damn good.

Jan 15, 2020 4:17 PM

May 2019
Gate.
Modern world +ancient world in same time is perfect
Jan 15, 2020 4:18 PM
Jul 2018
I've always loved the seamless integration of modern technology and cities combined with fantasy and untamed wilderness present in series like Pokemon or Hunter x Hunter.

Also the titular Abyss of Made in Abyss is one of the most fascinating worlds I've seen in fiction.
Jan 15, 2020 4:20 PM
Aug 2015
I love the world in Madoka Magica, the glass buildings and stuff
Jan 15, 2020 4:39 PM

Nov 2012
Naruto, Demon Slayer, Hunter X Hunter, Air Gear, Pokemon, Beyblade, Digimon & Yu-Gi-Oh. :P
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Jan 15, 2020 4:57 PM

Jun 2012
There was a time when I thought I want to live in the Yu-gi-oh world.
Jan 15, 2020 5:06 PM
Dec 2017
Hitori no shita: The outcast. It's cool and interesting.
Jan 15, 2020 5:16 PM

May 2013
Now that it is an anime I will say Dorohedoro.

I love its dark and grungy atmosphere. It's so dirty looking yet beautiful.

Plus I like how the magic is cast as smoke. I love how devils play a role in the world. I love how the world allows for the Villain to exists (no spoilers)

It's all so surreal and unusual; it speaks to me.

β™‘ Harder Daddy β™‘
Jan 15, 2020 5:29 PM

Sep 2017
Unoriginal answer, but I'd obviously say Made in Abyss

I'm a huge fan of all that "exploring the unknown" stuff
Jan 15, 2020 5:59 PM

Jun 2011
I'll say Toriko like the others, whenever the question what world would you want to live in I always pick that one, tastiest food and drinks literally grow and are just everywhere and the more you consume the stronger you get, and it's not that dangerous of a world as long as you don't go to dangerous areas.
Alpha_Tranny said:

Plus I like how the magic is cast as smoke. I love how devils play a role in the world. I love how the world allows for the Villain to exists (no spoilers)

totally this, I'll also add that I love how it's pretty dark even if it's a funny show, the whole sorcerer's coming into the "normal" city to use the non magical people as test subjects scratches that dystopian itch that I tend to have
Jan 15, 2020 6:07 PM

May 2013
Killaclown said:
I'll say Toriko like the others, whenever the question what world would you want to live in I always pick that one, tastiest food and drinks literally grow and are just everywhere and the more you consume the stronger you get, and it's not that dangerous of a world as long as you don't go to dangerous areas.
Alpha_Tranny said:

totally this, I'll also add that I love how it's pretty dark even if it's a funny show, the whole sorcerer's coming into the "normal" city to use the non magical people as test subjects scratches that dystopian itch that I tend to have

Yeah, the comedy helps make it more distinct too especially in context of other revenge stories.

And that dystopian class order really is cool, especially once they introduce devil it will make it even more interesting.

β™‘ Harder Daddy β™‘
Jan 15, 2020 6:32 PM

Dec 2008
For me it's gotta be The Twelve Kingdoms.
Life Is Short But Intense.
Jan 15, 2020 6:57 PM
Sep 2019
When it comes to just concepts, personal faves are Pokemon, Naruto, and FMA. Pokemon most of all, I think.
Ya boy is going to Con Alt Delete 2020! See you there!

Jan 15, 2020 6:59 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
there's not many i can think of off the top of my head other than Made in Abyss.
Jan 15, 2020 7:01 PM
Jul 2018
Am I the only one who first thought of isekai when I read the topic thread? Anyways:

No Game No Life: a fantasy world where all conflicts are resolved through games? Very ambitious.

SAO: regardless of whether you think SAO is good or bad, I think we can all agree the concept of being trapped in an MMORPG is fascinating.

That's all I can think of right now.
Jan 15, 2020 7:02 PM

Apr 2016
Texhnolyze and Kino no Tabi. Both have very interesting worlds and stories that go with them.
Jan 15, 2020 8:13 PM
Jul 2018
Made in Abyss
Shinsekai Yori
Nagiasu
Gits
Jan 15, 2020 8:31 PM

Jan 2014
'Mouretsu Pirates' sci-fi future world feels like something out of Firefly(series or the Serenity movie) mixed with a little Star Trek, but in a more light hearted Anime Cute Girls kind of setting :D
Jan 15, 2020 8:50 PM

Jul 2017
Made in Abyss and SAO (aincrad). The former because like someone else said the whole exploring the unknown and discovering the truth aspect is very fascinating (almost reminds me of Uncharted in a sense) and the latter because Aincrad actually has some very cool areas in it. Plus, there are 100 floors of which only a fraction was actually shown (including in progressive) so there's so much room for creativity

Also Magi because I really like the whole Djin equip stuff and all the politic stuff that's happening
Jan 16, 2020 9:11 PM
Aug 2014
Kaiba
Juuni Kokuki
Haibane Renmei

Those 3 that pique my interest
Jan 17, 2020 5:57 AM

Mar 2017
I Couldn't Become a Hero So I Reluctantly Decided to Get a Job - Most settings that have magic as a part of their culture seem to be stuck in medieval times, but this show has a modern-like setting in which they've harnessed magic to power homes, vehicles, appliances, and so forth.
A møøse once bit my sister...
Jan 17, 2020 6:30 AM

Jan 2010
- One Piece
- Made in Abyss
- Nagiasu
- Shinsekai Yori
Jan 17, 2020 6:48 AM
Jul 2018
SAO, Fate, and Zetsuen. Magic, tension and blood-curling battles.
Jan 17, 2020 7:00 AM

May 2019
For me, it's definitely One Piece.

There are many different human races from giants to mermaids to fishmen and furries etc.
Very different and very unique islands. Heck, there are even islands in the sky above the clouds and underwater.
Devil fruits are all unique and some have the most bizarre powers.

It's just a bunch of things thrown in together but somehow works perfectly well and creates a super unique setting.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Jan 19, 2020 7:49 PM

Oct 2019
Made in Abyss and Dorohedoro for sure. The world building in those shows are a huge part of their appeal in my opinion.
Have you done your punches of gratitude today?
Jan 19, 2020 7:52 PM

Dec 2018
anixt4n said:
As of right now, the first thing that I can think of is Kekkai Sensen. I just find the whole New York hustle with an alien take to be so damn cool!

The plot itself isn't a factor, just the world as a whole and its unique concept.

haibane renmei, one of the most interesting world concepts with the least amount of and most disappointing follow through on that groundwork ever
Jan 19, 2020 8:02 PM

Jun 2012
Shinsekai Yori is a fascinating distopia. How they live in low tech society despite being in the future. How it all revolves around their psychic powers. The extent they've all been indoctrinated. The relationship with the monster rats. i love when they uncover the "dark age" that happened between the time "our" society ended and theirs began. The book is well worth a read.
Shoot first, think never.
Jan 19, 2020 8:42 PM
takodachi

Jan 2020
Shutos said:
anixt4n said:

haibane renmei, one of the most interesting world concepts with the least amount of and most disappointing follow through on that groundwork ever

So the focus is on angels and such?

Hmm, the premise sounds interesting and the synopsis for it makes me more than likely to go check it out

π’―π’½π‘œπ“Šπ‘”π’½π“‰ π“…π“‡π‘œπ’Έπ‘’π“ˆπ“ˆ π‘œπ“‹π‘’π“‡π“‡π’Ύπ’Ήπ‘’

Jan 19, 2020 8:48 PM
Dec 2019
the Gundam series
Trigun I think the old west scifi blend is really cool
Jan 19, 2020 9:07 PM

Aug 2013
Kekkai Sensen is pretty awesome. I liked the story but the world and visuals really stood out. It's just such a cool concept.

I'd say Girls' Last Tour. The idea of a post-apocalyptic massive city built with layers and layers fascinates me. Mushishi as well.

anixt4n said:

Hmm, the premise sounds interesting and the synopsis for it makes me more than likely to go check it out

Not exactly. The angel appearance is more symbolic than anything. It's slow but good.
Jan 19, 2020 11:28 PM

Jan 2018
Shinsekai yori has a very interesting world concept and i also like Psycho-Pass's take on the futuristic world.
Jan 19, 2020 11:37 PM

Feb 2015
Kekkai Sensen - I like the fact that different creatures are living together along with Humans.
Jan 19, 2020 11:42 PM

Dec 2018
Awesome world building imo:

-Naruto
-cowboy bebop
-one piece
-pokemon
-FMA/FMA:B
-Attack on Titan
-FF7 Advent Children/FF7 game
-Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress
-Akame Ga Kill (could of done a lot better with it but had potential)
Lolicons are scum.
BABYMETAL is more metal than Metallica.
Naruto is objectively the best anime ever.
HxH 99' is decent. HxH 11' is bad.
Jan 19, 2020 11:53 PM
takodachi

Jan 2020
Satyr_icon said:
Kekkai Sensen is pretty awesome. I liked the story but the world and visuals really stood out. It's just such a cool concept.

I'd say Girls' Last Tour. The idea of a post-apocalyptic massive city built with layers and layers fascinates me. Mushishi as well.

anixt4n said:

Not exactly. The angel appearance is more symbolic than anything. It's slow but good.

I've had my eye on girl's last tour for awhile now but it's gonna be a long while till I get around to watching it

Jan 19, 2020 11:59 PM

Nov 2010
Made in Abyss
Princess Tutu
Ghost in the Shell
Kino no Tabi
Mahoutsukai no Yome
Beastars

FMA/FMAB - this one also leave some nostalgic feeling on me. I born in a town with many buildings built in the same era (1910+) and I went there a lot since I was 4.
Jan 21, 2020 8:57 AM

Jul 2016
Land of the Lustrous, because it's essentially a post-apocalypse, but it's so damn beautiful. How the human race was split into three distinct concepts that became their own societies and especially with how they use all the Buddhist imagery.
Jan 21, 2020 9:01 AM
Jan 2015
Cowboy Bebop has a cool and retro sci-fi aesthetic.

Redline, more along the same lines as Cowboy Bebop.

Fate, it covers a lot settings from fantasy, historical, modern, and sci-fi all across its various works that are all connected one way or another.

Mahouka, for its futuristic sci-fi setting that turns magic into a very unique pseudo science, a long with more traditional types of magic as well.
-MahesvaraJan 21, 2020 8:51 PM
My Queens

Jan 21, 2020 9:15 AM
Aug 2019
-The whole monogatari series
-Bungou stray dogs.
For me
Jan 21, 2020 8:36 PM
Jul 2018
I usually like anime that takes place in real life more than fantasy/fictional worlds or alternate versions of real places.

Kekkai Sensen is a great example. I also find Attack on Titan's and Violet Evergarden's worlds quite interesting as well (since I love settings based Victorian/early 20th century time).
Jan 21, 2020 9:24 PM

Jan 2020
Aot-
Gundam- im always curious to when humanity rides one
Made in abyss- exploring the depths uknowns just intrigues me
Promise neverlands- cool world aliens/demons exist
Samurai champoo- old era where killings is all swords

Made by k3ti

More topics from this board

» Best Trap Character in Anime?

GoatPieceLuffy - 7 minutes ago

1 by 024 »»
35 seconds ago

» Do you wish your culture was more represent in anime?

Spunkert - 9 hours ago

22 by Chandela »»
3 minutes ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

33 by DigiCat »»
7 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

54 by _lordcanti »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » how often do you self insert or empathize with anime characters? and do you experience how good or bad the characters situation or experience is too

deg - 7 hours ago

15 by MechKingKillbot »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.