Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 8, 2019 8:21 AM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The appearance of the boss, Pericolo's death, anime-original Risotto scenes, a great climax to Baby Face and of course the begin of the highly anticipated White Album fight. Very solid episode today.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Feb 8, 2019 8:29 AM

Nov 2011
That Baby Face Stand really is quite something...

Giorno's Gold Experience vs Baby Face is like the two completely different Stands facing against each other. Interesting the amount of chapters they adapted with the Ghiaccio and the White Album arc. A pretty badass episode if you ask me.

Feb 8, 2019 8:39 AM

Jul 2016
The voice actor of the boss was also revealed today as we heard him for the first time, it's Katsuyuki Konishi. Let's see how he handles this role!
Feb 8, 2019 8:49 AM
May 2016
I only got to see it on a stuttery stream but I'm so fucking happy they didn't go the lazy route and actually drew White Album instead of making it CGI.
Feb 8, 2019 9:39 AM
Feb 2015
FIGHTING COOOOOOOLD

Feb 8, 2019 10:19 AM

Aug 2013
CrypticExpert said:
FIGHTING COOOOOOOLD

Diavolo looking like a human burrito
(immediately recognized Kamina in his voice)

Best speed skating of all time.

Mista yelling Goldu Experience
BiserFeb 8, 2019 10:22 AM
Feb 8, 2019 10:26 AM

Feb 2016
Bakugo Shounen joined the Hitman Team... when? xD How ironic that Bakugo's quirk was explosive and now he learned to chill thanks to White Album. lul

At last, the White Album arc. This part was so crazy on the manga and DP did it justice in this episode, can't wait to see Giorno's pathway on the lagoon, this was amazing on the manga, I wonder how will they animate that.

Oho!~ Big boss appeared for the first time and Damn, Risotto's screen time was amazing!

Can't wait for next week!
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Feb 8, 2019 10:28 AM

Nov 2017
I think it might be one of my favorite episodes of the part so far but that's probably because I'm really biased towards Risotto and Ghiaccio (two favorite members of la Squadra, with Prosciutto). Also Giorno/Mista team-up is the best, Mista is the true bro of VA, fight me.

Now I'm gonna make blood sacrifice to thank DP for those Risotto scenes they added in the anime.

Feb 8, 2019 10:30 AM
Sep 2017
Freaking Bakugo man
Feb 8, 2019 10:46 AM

Feb 2013
Brrr, I'm freezing!
Feb 8, 2019 10:52 AM

Jul 2017
White Ice.... I know Crunchyroll can't legally use White Album but this is ridiculous.
Feb 8, 2019 10:52 AM
Sep 2017
White Album's looking pretty good.

And, well, considering who's voicing The Boss...

...all I'll say is I'll greatly enjoy later scenes.
Feb 8, 2019 11:06 AM

Jul 2013
The way Giorno defeated Baby Face was great (in the same way Formaggio killed that man in the flashback of the Assasination Squad), though Melone deserved a worse end, especially after how some of his least depraved partners had much worse deaths than him.
The scenes with Risotto were great, a nice addition of DavidPro's part, since they are building him quite nicely unlike in the manga, where he basically appeared out of nowhere.

Also I'm happy to see that DavidPro is keeping the tradition of hiring top tier voice actors
this time hiring Katsuyuki Konishi as the Boss. I'm sure he will make an splendid job. I always thought he would fit quite nicely in JoJo (Hell, he voiced Jonathan in the 2007 movie who never got outside Japan), so I'm quite glad with this
Also, this brings me a question,

Ghiaccio is a pretty hilarious nutjob, with those mood swings , while still being a huge threat for our heroes. I cringed when I saw how Mista lost his finger after getting it stuck at the ice. White Album is no joke. Next episode should be dope as heck.
Feb 8, 2019 11:23 AM
Jan 2018
At this point, this is the best Jojo.
Feb 8, 2019 11:36 AM
Nov 2017
This is one of my favorite episodes so far, no doubt.
The way they animated things this episode was amazing!!! Even the new character (that guy helping La Squadra), even him was very nicely animated, tho I feel like he was used more as a way to show Risotto's ability.
When Ghiaccio appeared I got super hyped. He is one of my fav characters, and his stand is really cool. Also, they made a really good job with his anger towards that "Venezia" thingy.
Now, we finally got a preview of the Boss and his voice. No objection, perfect. Only a few more episodes until the big reveal.

Loved it, jumped, cried, smiled, screamed, you name it, I did it all during this episode.
10/10
Feb 8, 2019 11:38 AM

Aug 2018
Moune-Chan said:
I don’t know if I missed something but why Fugo isn’t in the car with Mista and Giorno?

After hearing the new orders of the boss, he and the rest of the gang got separated from Giorno and Mista, they are using a different way to avoid possible enemies.
Feb 8, 2019 11:53 AM

Sep 2014
Just cannot unhear Bakugo lmfao Once again great episode. Katsuyuki Konishi sounds like a great choice for the boss.
Feb 8, 2019 12:04 PM

Feb 2017
Dang Ghaccio is making the United States freezing rn
This was a great episode. This is one of my favorite fights from the manga and they're doing a great job.
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Feb 8, 2019 12:04 PM

Mar 2015
Bro the ice dude is just Bakugou with ice powers
Feb 8, 2019 12:36 PM

Jun 2015
Mirai said:

Bro they share the same voice actor. And besides them having a short temper they aren't much alike.
Feb 8, 2019 12:45 PM

Nov 2016
Risotto is such a savage, I can't wait to see him in action. Meanwhile we can have fun with another crazy fellow, Ghiaccio. What can I say, Okamoto Nobuhiko never disappoints.

And Pericolo meant business, rip my dude, but unfortunately it turned out to be a futile act.

Also great to see the boss.

It was one hell of an episode again, this is truly shaping up to become my favorite JoJo so far.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 8, 2019 12:52 PM
Oct 2018
Well, this episode was... how can I say?
I......had chills
Feb 8, 2019 1:30 PM

Mar 2014
Time really flies while watching Jojo. Based Okamoto Nobuhiko. Say what you want, Ghiaccio's concerns over metaphors and translated city names are valid LOL

RIP Melone, that death seemed really painful

White Album is a cool stand. Can't wait to see how this fight turns out. I love seeing more of Giorno and Mista, but I hope Fugo and Narancia get some focus soon as well!
Feb 8, 2019 1:37 PM

Jun 2016
I don't know how should I feel that while everyone recognized Ghiaccio's VA as Bakugo, I recognized him as Accelerator XD (Sorry Ka-chan >.<) Probs to Okamoto Nobuhiko.
Feb 8, 2019 2:00 PM

Aug 2017
I loved this episode! Why does Mista keep getting the short stick though! First he’s shot to shit and aged to hell and back and now he’s frozen to a car, I mean sure Giorno is with him this time but still! 😂
"Whether doing good or evil, I will be the boss."

Feb 8, 2019 2:18 PM

Apr 2016
Nidhoeggr said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The appearance of the boss, Pericolo's death, anime-original Risotto scenes, a great climax to Baby Face and of course the begin of the highly anticipated White Album fight. Very solid episode today.

heh......climax......
moe moe ichijou seiya

Feb 8, 2019 2:37 PM

Sep 2013
Shaping up to be my best jojo for sure.

This is episode was great too, quality of the weekly episodes have been very exciting and consistent.

How does Stone Ocean compare to this overall?
Feb 8, 2019 2:42 PM

Aug 2017
Man casting Bakugo's VA as a guy with ice powers is genius.

Plus its also the voice of Accelerator so added bonus of being another screaming anger-prone psychopath for the VA to voice.

Also ah those Riotto scenes are anime-only? How nice of the anime team to do that, gives the guy more screen-time which is always great. :)
I used to be a watchmaker.
Feb 8, 2019 2:57 PM

Sep 2018
Can't wait for the next episode, this is one of my most favourite fights from part 5, so far its looking great
Oh You Say It's Declined ? 😬😬 Huh ? 😠😡 You Say It Was Declined ? 😠😠😡😡Aight, Shit 😔😔 Well Try My MasterCard , Bro 💳💳 Yeah Yeah Yeah I Got Money On My MasterCard Fo sho 😟😅💳
Feb 8, 2019 3:23 PM

Feb 2016
trestkon said:

How does Stone Ocean compare to this overall?

Stone Ocean to me was a blast when I first read it. It has some interesting stands and having a female lead for once was really nice. It also has very bizarre stuff on it. The stands aren't as deadly as Vento Aureo ones but they shouldn't be underestimated either and some of them are really bizarre. The main Villain is better on SO since he has more screen time than the one in VA. But I have hopes that DP will fix that.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Feb 8, 2019 3:43 PM

Mar 2012
mistas gold experience
Feb 8, 2019 3:49 PM

Oct 2018
Really good episode. And it was quite packed too with the conclusion of the last fight, the beginning of the white album fight and boss foreshadowing. Also Mista and Giorno together. They make such a great team imo. Easily my favourite episode so far!

This Anime seems to be an almost perfect adaption of the manga. Although I didn't read it, I can still tell how much love they put in this. It definitely took 1st place from part 4 for the best anime part for me! Can't wait until they animate my personal favourite part (Part 6). But until then: Vento Aureo time!
Feb 8, 2019 4:44 PM

Apr 2016
I'm glad we finally got to the fight with Ghiaccio (I don't know if I'm spelling that right), he's definitely one of the most unique enemies, also we got to hear the boss' voice for the first time!
this episode really covered a lot!
Feb 8, 2019 6:16 PM
Jul 2018
I immediately recognized Katsuyuki Konishi as the boss, I think it fits him pretty damn well. I can't wait to see more of the boss and the VA's performance.

Also Mista yelling Gold Experience.
I've been waiting for this for so long. DavidPro I fucking love you.
removed-userFeb 8, 2019 7:25 PM
Feb 8, 2019 6:55 PM

Jun 2014
The creativity of these Stand battles never fails to amaze me. This battle could have taken place in a "normal" setting, but instead, it's happening in a car that's speeding down the fucking road lol. It was thrilling as hell too, and I can't wait to see the rest of it.

We got a small glimpse of the first appearance of the boss, and he seems.....interesting. Also RIP Pericolo, it sucks that he had to kill himself after leaving that information for the group.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 8, 2019 7:32 PM

Feb 2016
Those deaths were brutal AF. White Album looks pretty op. Can't wait for the conclusion next week.
Feb 8, 2019 8:23 PM

Mar 2016
This is a brutal fight, the real feels are going to come in the next few episodes

I will also echo many and say I am glad they didn't do white album in CG
Feb 8, 2019 9:28 PM

Jul 2014
Ghiaccio is my spirit animal.

Also, we finally found out what happened to Frozone's super suit.

Wiffur said:
White Ice is a very interesting and cool stand!

Non-copyrighted name is White Album.
Feb 8, 2019 10:15 PM

Aug 2018
Only if Narancia was the one fighting Ghiaccio.
Deku vs Kachan rematch
Feb 8, 2019 10:21 PM

Dec 2008
I remember finding this battle a bit boring on the original manga but man, seeing in animated feels like a totally different thing. It was amazing
Feb 8, 2019 10:48 PM

Sep 2014
Disappointed that The Boss' voice actor was changed but it's not unexpected. At least we got to hear him do a great job as Kira, which makes me wonder if we'll ever see Koyama Rikiya in a future JoJo part.
Feb 9, 2019 1:33 AM

Jan 2011
The Boss appears and made the same pose as Trish does in the OP, which further leads me to believe that he'll take her place in the IP when they do the usual messing around with it towards the end. Unless they change OPs...

Mirai said:
You mean Bakugo is Ghiaccio with explosion powers.
Feb 9, 2019 1:43 AM

Aug 2018
RoyLegacy said:
Disappointed that The Boss' voice actor was changed but it's not unexpected. At least we got to hear him do a great job as Kira, which makes me wonder if we'll ever see Koyama Rikiya in a future JoJo part.

Tbh his role as the boss in the games wasn't anything special. He did much better with Kira and it would've been awkward to have two consecutive main villains with the same voice. So I don't think there is anything to be disappointed about.
Feb 9, 2019 4:39 AM

Jul 2016
thebrentinator24 said:
The creativity of these Stand battles never fails to amaze me. This battle could have taken place in a "normal" setting, but instead, it's happening in a car that's speeding down the fucking road lol. It was thrilling as hell too, and I can't wait to see the rest of it.

We got a small glimpse of the first appearance of the boss, and he seems.....interesting. Also RIP Pericolo, it sucks that he had to kill himself after leaving that information for the group.

The boss looks weird as...
Feb 9, 2019 6:17 AM

Jul 2015
Hunh... so now were at White Album... I feel weird about it, like... it's so... so... normal, compared to the previous stands the group has faced, yet it's still pretty dang... cool... with the whole battle taking place in and on the car speeding down a highway.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Feb 9, 2019 6:43 AM

May 2016
Let's see now....

Giorno vs Baby Face ends

Anime-original Risotto scenes, a great climax to Baby Face and of course the begin of the highly anticipated White Album fight. Very solid episode today.

Honestly, solid episode indeed.
Feb 9, 2019 7:07 AM

Oct 2012
Ghiaccio's voice it's Accelolicon Pikorin xD

I agree, Venezia sounds cooler than Venice
That's why in ARIA it's called Neo-Venezia, not Neo-Venice xD

Yo Giorno, Mista just stole your line.. how can you let that happen?

I didn't remember this from reading manga.. well that's a good thing, I can experienced the story again
"Signature removed"
Feb 9, 2019 7:14 AM

Sep 2016
Good anime addition to the background scenes of Risotto’s part that teases a bit of his ability.
Also nice conclusion to Giorno’s fight. Melone got bit in the tongue was quite fitting.

Kinda surprised about the voice actor choice for the boss. Well, let’s see if he can pull it off in the following eps.

I’m not a huge fan of the White Album fight as lots of the fans are, but this ep really brings out the greatness of an action-packed battle and I love it!
Hands down a 5/5 episode.

On a side note, I just got back from vacation in Firenze & Venezia. What a bad experience in Venezia!
Still feels great to watch JOJO tho~
Feb 9, 2019 8:32 AM

Feb 2018
"do you even have a license?"
"no, i'm only fifteen" 10/10

Mirai said:

bakugou gave up being a hero and joined the hitman team eeheheh

AHA did i just hear a WRYYYYY~????? papa dio must be proud (*´∀`)
Feb 9, 2019 8:37 AM

Dec 2010
Hamody_Asgail said:
I don't know how should I feel that while everyone recognized Ghiaccio's VA as Bakugo, I recognized him as Accelerator XD (Sorry Ka-chan >.<) Probs to Okamoto Nobuhiko.

I'm with you on this one, it's not that i don't like BNHA / Bakugo, but for me the first character that i'll always picture in my head when hearing Okamoto Nobuhiko will be ma boi Accel :V
I'm from Poland, so i'm sorry if i make some mistakes in english sentences (including this one)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2019

153 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 6:22 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

146 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 5:45 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 5: Ougon no Kaze Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2019

264 by Sus_baby »»
Mar 25, 12:50 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

110 by Seraschi »»
Mar 3, 4:52 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2018

77 by Leh_baka »»
Jan 20, 10:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.