Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Feb 8, 2019 10:16 PM

Oct 2014
What on earth was happening in the scene right after Ray reveals himself as a double agent and tells Norman they have to leave the other kids behind? When he goes out to the hall and stares at the wall making the weirdest leer and Norman sitting in the room like he's trying to hide even though Ray just left him there and then Norman covers his mouth and Ray goes "tch" like he's disappointed? Was he hoping for a reaction from Norman that he couldn't hear or see, being out in the hall...?

Otherwise, I feel the pacing is ok and some good suspense, not a fan of the constant cliffhangers, this is the one problem with trying to watch a seasonal series. My main hope for this anime is that it will at least manage to conclude the arc, I keep comparing this to deadman wonderland which adapted the manga pretty much page for page, most of the details that it was able to fit in 12 or 13 episodes (minus, I think, some scenes between Shiro and a character who would feature in the second arc) and kind of wrapped up the first arc in a very similar escape as this one is building to. Except it was kind of half assed. So if this show can conclude on like, the escape, or something right afterwards without putting the finale right in the middle of something, I'll be satisfied and I can go dig through manga summaries.

Oh yeah, not looking forward to Emma and Norman having to leave behind all the other kids, if only for how it will affect them.
Feb 8, 2019 10:21 PM

Dec 2016
*Intense discussion intensifies*
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Feb 8, 2019 10:59 PM
Jul 2018
I find emma so annoying, she only thinks emotionally rather than logically
Feb 8, 2019 11:12 PM
Jan 2018
These eps keep getting better!

Shit those two are in TROUBLE.
Feb 9, 2019 1:16 AM
Nov 2016
luccide said:
Don and Gilda were supposed to be "2nd tier" after Ray, Norman and Emma group but the actions they're taking feels more like "4th tier". Big gap in between the best and the next best!

To their defense I will say that the reason Don and Gilda are acting like that is because they don't know the cruel reality yet and the main characters do. If Don and Gilda also saw the monsters and the corpse of that little girl they would act more intelligently and less stupid like they did in this episode. I will say that the main characters are at fault for not telling them the truth.

If we reverse the situation and assume that Don and Gilda were the ones that saw the monsters and the corpse of the little girl then I don't think the main characters would believe them that easy either and might do the same mistakes they did in this episode.
Feb 9, 2019 2:09 AM

Jul 2017
i don't trust Ray anymore
Feb 9, 2019 3:55 AM

Jul 2016
xZabuzax said:
So Ray is a double agent, It was an interesting episode. I've got some nitpicks about it though:

1) Ray said that he did everything for their friends and wanted their friends to give the doll to the girl that got killed but it was a "set up" so the friends could see the cruel reality, however, this was extremely risky because their friends could get killed afterwards if they were found out by the monsters. IMHO it was not worth the risk.

2) The "evil" faces Ray was making in this episode was indeed stupid, if he's a double agent that care for his friends then he shouldn't be making evil faces like that, it was like: "Hey, look at me audience, I'm evil!" and then it was: "Hah, you got fooled, I'm actually a semi-good guy that care for my friends...hah!", yeah, that was weird.

3) Waiting another week fucking sucks.

I dont thnk Ry is a good guy. He wanted the two of them to survive. I assume that is what Norman worked out later. the two ray is talking about is either ray and norman or ray and emma.
Feb 9, 2019 5:48 AM
Jul 2017
i didn't like the fact that pacing was too fast so far but this episode was amazing, eventhough it felt fast the shock factor of Ray being the spy was delivered well
Feb 9, 2019 7:13 AM

May 2016
I can't belive they're leaving out so much stuff, and the pacing is too fast. Does the CGI bother anyone else?
Feb 9, 2019 7:29 AM

Nov 2014
BlackstarFallen said:
The faces Ray was making when he was talking to Norman were really stupid and it ruined the whole scene for me.

it was actually good making him a little bit hostile for Norman

Feb 9, 2019 7:31 AM

Nov 2014
Enryu231 said:
The hell, they removed flashback scenes in this episode, seeing 6 years old Ray making deal with Mama was the best part in the manga

maybe it will be showed unto the upcoming episodes just for the non-manga readers to be hyped about him. Its good to be that way though.

Feb 9, 2019 8:01 AM

Oct 2015
When did Emma discover the book that set their goal when they went outside? I completely forgot when that was but I think that's something that should have been established ages ago :p
Feb 9, 2019 8:57 AM

Jan 2013
Okay shit just got intense. I wonder who's going to enter the room, Mama, Sister or maybe Ray? I bet Ray suspected Don could do something stupid so maybe he followed them.
Feb 9, 2019 10:17 AM

Jan 2015
I like Ray so much. He is so badass.
Why I feel that in the end of the episode it isn't mom but just kids? xD
Feb 9, 2019 11:07 AM

Mar 2018
I haven't read the manga but even for me, the episode felt very rushed. I think one of the biggest problems is that this anime is only 12 episodes long and there is too much stuff to cover. We are now halfway through and I have a bad feeling about the show by now. I worry that things will really be rushed through. I would love to understand Mama more, I want to know how humans ended up being cattle. Are the children being cloned or born out of test tubes? Are there only mothers or are there more adults? Is this actually Earth? Is there a resistance outside? I would also learn more about the children but I somehow doubt that this will happen. A shame.
Feb 9, 2019 11:29 AM

Apr 2012
Don is making a bad move but that's because he's under the impression that Connie is still alive so he's only reacting with what scenario was given to him. It's not entirely his fault for having an overwhelming sense of urgency.

Oh, btw
Manga readers annoy me so much in these threads when we're supposed to be talking about the anime and not about things in the manga. The moderators are so lenient they flood these boards with their gripes and inadvertently drop unwanted spoilers. Anime only viewers are getting trampled by their constant complaints.
Janethan23Feb 9, 2019 11:40 AM
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Feb 9, 2019 11:50 AM
May 2014
There's a little something that happened in the episode that's been bothering me, maybe Its nothing though.

when Ray left the room, a couple seconds later, Norman made an intriguing kind of facial expression as if he realized something and so did Ray. but they never explained anything.
Feb 9, 2019 12:02 PM

Aug 2016
Kenshin0 said:

when Ray left the room, a couple seconds later, Norman made an intriguing kind of facial expression as if he realized something and so did Ray. but they never explained anything.

Yeah that is a direction decision for the anime I think, because in the manga you can read their thoughts in that moment, while here, you're left wondering. It's a choice they made to have more tension, and also because they have to adapt a lot of material in only 12 episodes.
Feb 9, 2019 12:11 PM

Sep 2018
Its unrealistic to save everyone, the oldest ones should escape and leave everyone behind.
Feb 9, 2019 1:51 PM

Dec 2018
Can someone enlighten me about something? Norman tried to bring an issue to Ray but always being cut in by Emma( in the room and again at the Garden) i dont mind if i'll be spoiled i just wanna know what's that
Feb 9, 2019 2:28 PM
Sep 2018
To think that Ray would turn out to be scarier than the demons and that freak sister. Now I see what kind of psychological troubles they're having. So basically you can't trust anyone. But he has a point there; Emma is kind of stupid to think that she can save everyone. I think Ray is my favorite character so far. And what's wrong with that couple of idiots who sneaked into Mama's office. Can't wait until Friday :(
Feb 9, 2019 2:51 PM

Dec 2013
Ray can make some really creepy faces!

Yet another cliffhanger...
Feb 9, 2019 3:09 PM

Oct 2013
Am I wrong, or did this episode had a little bit more music compared to the previous ones? Anyway, it was great, especially them Ray's creepy faces, but... man...

That cliffhanger! ;D So we need to wait one more week to see what's gonna happen with Don and Gilda. I have some hopes that it won't be Mother, but Krone or one of our protagonist trio.
AdnashFeb 9, 2019 3:13 PM
Feb 9, 2019 5:10 PM

Jun 2015
oh man i hope that one of the three is opening the door, instead of mama
Feb 9, 2019 5:15 PM

Apr 2015
Gostei do destaque que o Ray passou a ter, pois achava ele um personagem pouco chamativo.
Feb 9, 2019 7:24 PM

Oct 2008
Looks like Ray is the most level headed of the bunch, though he took a huge risk involving others in his escape plan for I'm not sure what reasons. He was on point when he said everyone else would be dead weight.

Emma and Don are ticking bombs, I'm convinced they will either completely screw up the escape plan or at least get a number of them killed. Emma is clearly not mentally prepared for the very likely scenario that they will get massacred and Don seems completely unstable. I was sitting the whole episode just waiting for one them to do something completely stupid.
Feb 10, 2019 12:04 AM
Nov 2018
damn it was good, yoo emma's face when telling ray to not do it again was scary legit this is a good anime so far... i wonder how they gonna survive in aworld full of monsters and yea they are the experiments i think so damn i'm thinking this will be a 3 season anime or not who knows anyway enjoyed it so much!!!
Feb 10, 2019 1:33 AM

Nov 2014
akihikosama said:
Emma and Don are ticking bombs, I'm convinced they will either completely screw up the escape plan or at least get a number of them killed. Emma is clearly not mentally prepared for the very likely scenario that they will get massacred and Don seems completely unstable. I was sitting the whole episode just waiting for one them to do something completely stupid.

Let's not forget that Emma is also one of the three top scorers of the class so she is nowhere stupid. She may be naive, but she's not dumb. She has the skills to back up her words. Just keep watching and you'll see.

fallingfromsky said:
Can someone enlighten me about something? Norman tried to bring an issue to Ray but always being cut in by Emma( in the room and again at the Garden) i dont mind if i'll be spoiled i just wanna know what's that

Its not specified in the manga but after finishing the escape arc my assumption is

huntress1013 said:
I haven't read the manga but even for me, the episode felt very rushed. I think one of the biggest problems is that this anime is only 12 episodes long and there is too much stuff to cover. We are now halfway through and I have a bad feeling about the show by now. I worry that things will really be rushed through. I would love to understand Mama more, I want to know how humans ended up being cattle. Are the children being cloned or born out of test tubes? Are there only mothers or are there more adults? Is this actually Earth? Is there a resistance outside? I would also learn more about the children but I somehow doubt that this will happen. A shame.

Even if the anime isn't rushed you won't get ur answers to these questions until like after the escape arc. Cuz
so unless we get a 2nd season we won't find out about these.

laviha said:
I find emma so annoying, she only thinks emotionally rather than logically

Thats only for now. Her time to shine has yet to come.

Kenshin0 said:
There's a little something that happened in the episode that's been bothering me, maybe Its nothing though.

plutodiplomat said:
What on earth was happening in the scene right after Ray reveals himself as a double agent and tells Norman they have to leave the other kids behind? When he goes out to the hall and stares at the wall making the weirdest leer and Norman sitting in the room like he's trying to hide even though Ray just left him there and then Norman covers his mouth and Ray goes "tch" like he's disappointed? Was he hoping for a reaction from Norman that he couldn't hear or see, being out in the hall...?

In the manga we were shown their thoughts in that moment but i guess for some reason the anime decided to cut them out and only use the characters'facial expressions to show what they r thinking maybe to mystify it? Lol idk
Anyway this scene is in chapter 14. Check it out if u wanna know their thoughts.
Feb 10, 2019 3:11 AM
Dec 2017
That intense moment with Norman and Ray though... The dramatic music increases. Ray has this grin on his face while Norman remains in the room with a nervous look on his face. Then, Norman suddenly covers his mouth in shock and the smile from Ray's face drops. Gah, this anime is so good with its suspense!

But, bruh, they should've just told Don and Gilda that Conny's dead. What if the "mom" catches them?!
Feb 10, 2019 3:20 AM
Apr 2015
Hate to say it, but I empathize with Ray most of all. He's just right. I'm curious though.. why do none of the plans involve killing mom? Seems like it wouldn't be too hard (have one of the real young kids serve her poisoned tea?) and then they could just go without being immediately chased. I guess they'd have to get the sister now too but it would solve a lot of their problems including explaining to the others why they have to leave. maybe I'm too cynical but I thought someone would've come up with it
Feb 10, 2019 5:36 AM

Dec 2018
ttcchen said:

fallingfromsky said:

Its not specified in the manga but after finishing the escape arc my assumption is

oh i suspected that, thank you! I'm starting to wonder if i have to read the manga or at least give a try
Feb 10, 2019 5:45 AM

Dec 2018
Okay now this is some damn impressive mind work by both Ray and Norman, but because of that I feel like now I can't really trust Ray, even Norman to an extent, DAMN.

Also the scene where Ray exits the room both Norman and Ray start to realize something right, what was that?

Also the nightmare scene was pretty gruesome.

I do understand what Don's going through, they are children anyway.
Feb 10, 2019 5:58 AM

Aug 2016
fallingfromsky said:

oh i suspected that, thank you! I'm starting to wonder if i have to read the manga or at least give a try

I think you should definitely do so! It's really a great read with more details than the anime, and it's really fun to read even if you're not used to read manga!
Feb 10, 2019 6:27 AM

Aug 2017
genuinely wasn't expecting Ray, his character has a good dynamic to it

the episodes seem to go really fast, it was over before i knew it!

also don and guila are 100% gonna die lol

pretty good series so far, hope it keeps up this way
Feb 10, 2019 8:42 AM

Jun 2017
This is real dull. Entire episodes of uninteresting dialogue and cliffhangers like "who opened the door?" Pretty close to dropping.
Feb 10, 2019 9:15 AM

Oct 2017
So ray really was the spy all along. Norman’s plan to draw him out was pretty clever. It looks like Ray is still on their side at least so that’s good.

Don and Gilda are pretty dumb trying to get in that secret room all on their own, knowing mom could find them at any time. Sadly this one ends on a cliffhanger. So there’s no way of knowing who walked in on them. My guess is one of the kids, could be wrong though
Feb 10, 2019 10:34 AM

Feb 2017
great atmosphere, my heart and breath like stoped

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Feb 10, 2019 11:14 AM

Dec 2012
I'm really enjoying this show so far, but I have so many questions that I'm worried won't get answered, since there are only going to be twelve episodes (not accounting for more seasons down the line).

It's been shown that there are some infants that come to the house, so what happens to them, since they're too young to take the test? Are most of them shipped out almost as soon as they get there, or do they have other types of tests to determine which ones get to stay and grow older, and which are shipped out almost immediately?

They said that the more mature the brain is, the better it tastes (which is still hypothetical at this point, but anyway...) but why are the oldest ones only twelve? Do they stop tasting good when they hit puberty?

Obviously not everyone is killed, since Mama and Sister Krone were allowed to survive to adulthood. How did they get to do that, when so many kids are killed?

And finally, if there are houses like that for children, does that mean there are also like...breeding facilities? The kids have to come from somewhere, so I assume there are parents out there giving birth to more children to keep the houses stocked.
"All life is inherently broken from the start. There is no perfection in life. Otherwise, what would be the purpose of death? It's to try to find ways to better yourself before the end that gives us purpose."
Feb 10, 2019 1:04 PM

Feb 2015
Man that episode was a whole load of meh. In still not massively feeling this series yet.
Feb 10, 2019 9:38 PM
Jan 2019
Anyone else watching every episode waiting for a jump scare to happen? XD

also im willing to bet Norman is planing to sacrifice himself for everyone :c....well mostly for Emma.
Feb 10, 2019 10:35 PM

Mar 2014
Damn Ray's more twisted than I was expecting. All his evil grinning when he told Norman how he plotted stuff. But that's probably from years of knowing the truth and having to hide everything. I wonder how he first found out? Maybe he tried to escape with some kids years ago and it failed spectacularly, which is why he's so willing to ditch the others. Maybe he wasn't even the first kid to discover the truth and was just the only survivor of that event.

Don's gonna get him (and maybe Gilda) killed. He can't act rational and Norman lying about Connie being alive only made it worse.

Feb 11, 2019 1:50 AM

Jan 2011
Felt like only 10 minutes. Anyway I doubt that's Mama at the end. The question is if it's one of the main trio, one of the other kids, or Krone.
Feb 11, 2019 2:02 AM

Sep 2018
As a manga reader who actually likes this adaptation, Norman's nightmare flanderized him a bit.

Besides that, I won't complain.
Feb 11, 2019 4:02 AM

Mar 2015
RAY BEST BOOOOOOOOOOI

Also Don is gonna mess everything up now won't he?
Feb 11, 2019 4:46 AM

Aug 2017
I didn't thought that this anime deserved all the praises it got, for me it was a good anime but not a masterpiece... that is before I watched this episode
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2019 10:19 AM
Aug 2015
A-K-A said:
I didn't thought that this anime deserved all the praises it got, for me it was a good anime but not a masterpiece... that is before I watched this episode
The anime would deserves more than that, but thanks to the lousy director the anime sank, and left aside everything that made the manga so good.
Feb 11, 2019 10:29 AM

Aug 2017
biel15rs said:
A-K-A said:
The anime would deserves more than that, but thanks to the lousy director the anime sank, and left aside everything that made the manga so good.
Yeah I saw a lot of ppl complaining about the fact that the manga was way better but I think the animation is pretty good so far (eventhough the weird faces). So idk maybe it's because of the story and then I don't really have an opinion since I didn't read the manga...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2019 6:18 PM

Sep 2018
from what I remember, Norman said other things to Emma too, like where he hid the rope, not only to Ray, and also

And I think Ray explain more about being a spy in the manga! anime skip it again.. Norman's dream in manga is more terrifying than the anime .. (for me)

And the scene of this in the manga . I wait to see it on anime, but I like the manga version of it! (Emma is more scary here) huhuhu sorry I keep on comparing it :( but .. I'm expecting too much :/
erenmeiiFeb 11, 2019 6:22 PM
Feb 11, 2019 6:35 PM

Sep 2018
A-K-A said:

and read the manga! it's more amazing than the anime adaptation.
Feb 12, 2019 3:14 AM

Apr 2012
Don is seriously getting on my nerves, he is so useless and annoying -.-
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» I'm in a dilemma help ( 1 2 )

Saphhh - Mar 25

51 by EpicAlphaMale »»
Apr 1, 1:40 AM

» Best Season of Anime Ever?

bigeli2020 - Jul 18, 2022

47 by Zimmu »»
Mar 25, 12:35 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

567 by Sus_baby »»
Mar 25, 12:53 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2019

295 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 4, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2019

245 by WuzWutz »»
Feb 22, 7:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.