Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 9, 2018 12:36 PM
Oct 2017
kidlat020 said:
Skyguardian said:

No. No it didn't. She is completely broken at the moment.

being "broken" is not a justification for murder. or even attempted murder. and even discounting that, Hibiki was never "bullying" Akane in any shape or form. He never triggered her like an easily triggered snowflake SJW NPC in any way.

To be hones Akane was broken from episode 1 when she causally arranged for the death of her classmates for a minor accident. Sure it was death by Kaiju so her hands where not directly stained by blood, but their murder was all on her. She also killed most of the Idols she and Rikka met as well as tried to kill her teacher. Who knows how many others died during the Kaiju attacks but that nobody remembers? Most likely Akane is a psychopath, she is charismatic and cute but she is unable to understand others feelings or show empathy other than to manipulate. She shows no remorse for the people she has killed because thinking about anybody beside herself is an alien concept for her. That is why she could invite Yuta to dinner at the restaurant of the dead classmate without batting an eye. Her stabbing Yuta at the end of the episode was not out of character it was just her throwing off all pretense of civility as she was unable to kill him by Kaiju.
Dec 9, 2018 1:30 PM

May 2016
The show is kinda lackluster in terms of exploring characters, but it doesn't seemed to bad towards Gridman and his allies.

Hope the final two won't be rushed. Akane is sad btw.
Dec 9, 2018 1:46 PM

May 2016
Did Akane just kill someone with a knife O.o
Dec 9, 2018 2:18 PM

Jun 2017
Is Gridknight supposed to be stronger than Gridman? Felt like it
Akane completely lost her mind now and Hibiki let his guard down
Dec 9, 2018 2:29 PM

Jan 2009
Zhexal said:

nah Anti can just predict the actions of the enemy since he can read the heart of Akane as he claims
Dec 9, 2018 2:53 PM
May 2016
Zhexal said:
Akane completely lost her mind now and Hibiki let his guard down

i would say with his mimick powers and if he actually takes his time in battle he potentially can be
Dec 9, 2018 7:40 PM

Nov 2017

Hohohoho... this is so fucked up..
Now Loading.....
Dec 9, 2018 11:14 PM
Sep 2018
That ending killed my soul, dood. I wanna like Akane so bad but they're making it hard.

This anime also keeps getting better and better. Can't wait to see what they do after akane has killed the plot.
Dec 10, 2018 6:10 AM

Feb 2016
furoido said:
I mean what happened to the people inside the building? Like they just fight without considering the town folks.

Lol are you really asking this question after 10 episodes? I assume you may have not paid much attention then.

They are as dead as NPCs it doesn't matter if they get killed or not, it would depend solely on Akane if they live or not
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Dec 10, 2018 6:18 AM

Feb 2016
@Skyguardian

lol, I'm amazed by the amount of people that probably paid more attention to a plane crash while watching Gridman to miss these details. Is that, or they just want to hate for the sake of hating
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Dec 10, 2018 11:06 AM

Nov 2014
Music and animation this episode were great. That 2nd fight was just outstanding.
A cliffhanger, huh? Tbh I expect some twist here - I doubt she stabbed him just to kill. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned into some "leaving this world" or some other "deep" development.
Dec 10, 2018 12:27 PM
Oct 2018
howamI said:
is it just me or does the vagina kaiju move just like a titan

True just like a abnormal
Dec 10, 2018 4:46 PM

Mar 2016
Piromysl said:
When will someone fix voice actors?
It is definitely Yuuki Aoi voicing Akane.

She's voicing Borr tho
Dec 10, 2018 6:27 PM
Mar 2017
HereticHunter said:
furoido said:
I mean what happened to the people inside the building? Like they just fight without considering the town folks.

Lol are you really asking this question after 10 episodes? I assume you may have not paid much attention then.

They are as dead as NPCs it doesn't matter if they get killed or not, it would depend solely on Akane if they live or not

So they didn't show it huh. well I kinda thought atleast there should be people screaming or running for their lives like "nani? kaiju? "bakemonooo" "nigeroooo" something like that.
Dec 11, 2018 7:30 AM

Jun 2017
Hmm... This is odd, to be fair I actually liked this Episode, oh well, too late for that now, only two Episodes left. I'm interested in what happens next, more than the other reason I've watched this show. (Thighs, memes, PLOT)
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Dec 14, 2018 1:30 PM

Dec 2010
Great ending. I was already a bit confused about the whole situation. You know those shows right? The bad guy knows who the good guy is but he is waiting for him to transform. God forbid that a bad guy gonna attack him when our good guy is not expecting this.

Akane is a god in this city so she should already take care of Yuuta. She tried to get him on her side, then tried to manipulate him through his dream and now finally she went for one last resort. To stab him.

+1 for this. Refreshing!

I still do not care about Anti.
Dec 15, 2018 8:25 PM

Oct 2008
This episode was beyond EPIC HYPE!!!
w0w, the sound effects are insanely surreal with that fight with that Abnormal Kaiju!
Gridknight is so much more awesome and badass than gridman!
You never mess with a Yandere with a knife! you get stabbed, you get killed! you get death!
5/5.

Dec 17, 2018 7:46 PM

Jul 2016
Damn, that stab was so unexpected! It's almost laughable how Akane was creating Kaijus during 10 eps. to kill Gridman just to end up stabbing Yuuta in such simple manner...

But that aside, it was a nice episode, I really liked it. Those two Kaijus were creepy as fuck, especially with the noises they were making. Glad they both were defeated. And not to mention that the moment when Anti became Gridknight was great.

Uhm, I guess Yuuta will survive somehow so I'm looking forward to seeing what he and co. will do after such dramatic ending.
Dec 18, 2018 8:27 AM

Oct 2013
This show's getting more and more NGEesque.

"God's in his heaven - All's right with the world"

I've genuinely no idea how any of this unravels from here, but everything is finally starting to click into place. Great episode once again.

All that effort trying to kill Gridman, and all Akane had to do was stab Yuuta. So why the fuck didn't she do that when she uncovered Yuuta's identity roughly 5 episodes ago?

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Dec 22, 2018 10:51 AM

Jul 2008
Well....that just happened.
Jan 23, 2019 7:45 PM

May 2012
Oh shit that ending and that intense fight! Quite interesting character change to GridKnight actually! But damn that ending. Really looking forwards to see what's next.
Jan 29, 2019 11:02 PM

Dec 2016
The ending fights were sweet, but then the ENDING ending was just shock
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 14, 2019 9:31 AM

May 2012
let's go to the main bosses base which is, by the way, the house next door. the scene was so intense it makes me laugh. this episode resembles evangelion. that scene with the rain and sad song, as well as the "crazy" monster. btw that ending.
if you want good story, read novel. if you want good graphic, read manga. anime is beyond that.
Apr 28, 2019 12:48 AM
Jan 2019
I knew things were going to get bad when Yuuta ate that PLAIN hotdog! :D
May 30, 2019 2:14 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Dear God, I was not expecting something like this, just wowing right now. I mean, what else would the do now? Unless the personality complex Kaiju replaces him, it seemed too great of a loss to me.
This was an amazing episode fight-wise, second best episode for sure.
Apr 5, 2020 1:51 PM

Mar 2010
damn akane is one twisted brainwashed diva looking for blood, best to stay away from her, she kills without batting a eye, the kid deserved to be stabbed due to his naivety.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 10, 2020 10:03 PM

Aug 2018
f***ing japanese students!

what does it take for these guys to skip school?

giant monster? nope!
dead students? nope!
reality being fake?? nope!
discovering that maybe they are fake too???? still no!
a cold? YES!
-_-

I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

May 14, 2020 5:18 PM

Apr 2012
The second half of the show is apt at balancing mindscrew and epic kaijuu battles, and this episode with the troll kaijuu and the box-cutter didn't disappoint.

Hoping Trigger can keep this up until the very end.
May 25, 2020 3:07 AM

May 2020
I know it. Gridman rival will be on his side. Kaijuu now is a heart of Akane? And Yuuta get stabbo. He is not dead I think but idk where the story will going.
Jun 12, 2020 9:12 AM
Jan 2018
Yep it's definitey following a tokusatsu like the comments said in previous epiosdes
Oct 10, 2020 7:17 AM

Apr 2013
I knew that first kaiju would be defeated instantly, looked very weak. Did not expect the second one though and know the crazy dude got a free powerup.
Dec 4, 2020 4:29 PM
Jun 2013
well seems like shes losing her mind and that made her come up with the most straight forward and effective plan which is just stab the guy in human form.
Jan 18, 2021 7:59 PM

Mar 2014
God's in his heaven all's right with the world

This one quote defined the entire episode. Akane's in a real downward spiral here, she's stopped caring about living in the world she created. Thus her new kaiju's true form went straight for the custodian kaiju... she doesn't care about resetting anymore. RIP Yuta, first person she directly tried to kill

Lol though that little detail we got so long ago where Akane and Rikka live really close to each other, and suddenly you realize the final boss lives like 5 feet from their base.
Mar 31, 2021 6:24 AM

Oct 2016
I know they mentioned before that Rikka and Akane are neighbors, but seeing them just walk to Akane's house which is literally right next to Rikka's house was fucking hilarious.

Eyy Gridknight is pretty fucking cool, good shit Anti. Did not expect that stabby stab though, Akane is even more broken now, she don't give a fuck anymore.
Aug 5, 2021 5:14 AM

Mar 2020
Best episode so far! That kaiju's second form was unexpected and the animation was great! Anti and Akane continue to carry the show in terms of character and development:

-Once Anti was able to accept the he's more than a kaiju he was able to copy gridman completely and throw his old kaiju form! Brilliant!

-Akane continues to fall into dispair deep enough to destroying her own city! She was driven into a corner to the point where she can't act like a god anymore and stabbed yuta!

Can't wait for the last two episodes!
Oct 30, 2022 6:53 AM

Dec 2016
Vysarine said:

Lol though that little detail we got so long ago where Akane and Rikka live really close to each other, and suddenly you realize the final boss lives like 5 feet from their base.

sKyBlazer08 said:
I know they mentioned before that Rikka and Akane are neighbors, but seeing them just walk to Akane's house which is literally right next to Rikka's house was fucking hilarious.

That was one of the few moments of this show that I really enjoyed lol, I actually did a double-take like "did that just happen?".
May 6, 2023 4:32 AM

Dec 2018
they just let her waltz right in there no problem?
Oct 24, 2023 8:47 AM

Dec 2022
Yuuta was begging for that. These gullible idiots should stop with the baseless assumption that Akane is some misunderstood angel being "controlled" by aliens and just come to terms with the reality that she was always a psychotic bitch who would gladly kill those she doesn't like when the urge strikes, as Yuuta just discovered. Did he develop a case of selective amnesia and forget what Akane did to Tonkawa and the Arcadia boy group?

Shaded Horizon

Jan 14, 4:08 PM

Dec 2017
"God's in his heaven,
All's right with the world"

Yeah that same God's going full psycho rn taking everyone else along for a terrific ride.
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Feb 14, 10:31 PM

Dec 2022
unbelievable man this shit has ESCALATED
Apr 16, 6:47 PM

Jan 2015
Anti's development might be the best thing in this anime aside from the glorious thighs.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » SSSS.Gridman Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2018

103 by Timeline_man »»
Apr 22, 10:24 PM

Poll: » SSSS.Gridman Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2018

162 by Timeline_man »»
Apr 22, 10:18 AM

Poll: » SSSS.Gridman Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2018

390 by DanKyoko »»
Apr 16, 8:41 PM

Poll: » SSSS.Gridman Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2018

83 by DanKyoko »»
Apr 16, 7:37 PM

Poll: » SSSS.Gridman Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

113 by DanKyoko »»
Apr 16, 12:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.