Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Goblin Slayer (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 6, 2018 10:57 AM

Sep 2017
bastek66 said:
I just hope there won't be any pretentious overthinkers (especially from YT) that will try to convice anime-only that there is some depth. There is none. Goblin Slayer is just a Doom guy and selfinsert for watchers. Just more autistic over killing goblins.

Self-insert? He's probably one of the last people in anime I'd want to "insert" myself into...
Oct 6, 2018 11:00 AM

Aug 2018
Acernos said:
They were bolder than I expected with the rape scene, honestly, something like that will undoubtedly infuriate many western SJW.
No doubt, I expect the howls of protest to begin any time now.

I loved this episode because it didn’t shy away from brutality and rape, and instead showed what evil really is.

Oct 2012
uninstallthegame said:
GemTastical said:
Yeah pretty much to make it clear to anyone who wanders into here blind. Goblin Slayer doesn't have much in the way of a story. The manga especially dumbs it down further, which seems to be what the anime is gearing towards after having watched ep 1.

Goblin Slayer is about a dude who hates goblins and kills them. Nothing more, nothing less. Don't expect giant twists and brain provoking character development. This show isn't going to be that deep. It's about the greatest edgelord meme guy killing goblins and occasionally running into big titty women. Said women 8 times out of 10 end up being used as rape fuel. Don't try to stick with it then complain that the story doesn't go anywhere. It's not meant to go anywhere.

that's a rather dull description. while it seems edgy right off the bat with nothing but KILL KILL KILL, it shows a bit of reality compared to your average seasonal isekai bullshit

It's only dull if you go into this expecting something beyond what it's billed as. I feel like sites like Crunchyroll are doing it a disservice by making headlines like "This is the punisher of anime" because people think it's going to have some deeper psychological factors into it.

Just watch it as Goblin Slayer kicking the shit out of Goblins in glorious fashion and you'll be fine. I feel like this needs to be a warning to everyone who goes into this, otherwise there'll just be 1000 people complaining about it daily because they expected something else.

Aug 2018
GemTastical said:
epidemia78 said:

I've read 28 chapters of the manga. There's not that much rape, and it never gets worse than in chapter 1.

As someone who's read every manga chapter to date, it gets WAY willder than what's shown in episode 1 my dude.

You've read up to what chapter?
Oct 6, 2018 11:03 AM
a car

Jun 2017
GemTastical said:
Yeah pretty much to make it clear to anyone who wanders into here blind. Goblin Slayer doesn't have much in the way of a story. The manga especially dumbs it down further, which seems to be what the anime is gearing towards after having watched ep 1.

Read the LN not the manga. By "dumb it down further" does that mean that they don't have those boring slice-of-life scenes that the LN author tried to pass off as "character development"? I don't know if I'd like or dislike it more that way though...
Oct 6, 2018 11:03 AM

Jul 2014
nice start episode, i can't wait for the upcoming ones.
Oct 6, 2018 11:06 AM

Apr 2017
Man this was good! I'm still on the fence if I should pick up either manga or LN version of Goblin Slayer. I like the visual brutality of the manga (I've read a couple chapters of it) but on the other hand the LN's world building would be nice as well... Anyone care to help which one I should go with? Of course I'm gonna keep up with the anime adaptation as well!

Oct 2012
epidemia78 said:
GemTastical said:

As someone who's read every manga chapter to date, it gets WAY willder than what's shown in episode 1 my dude.

You've read up to what chapter?

Can't remember the exact number but as of my last reading they'd reached the Dark Elf portion of the story. [Won't go too deep into it to avoid spoiling the anime onlys]

Jun 2017
Even if this is rather edgy, it's a breath of fresh air to me. There have just been too many trashy isekais lately, and I'm glad to see a fantasy anime without that baggage.
Snot-nosed_BratOct 6, 2018 11:10 AM
Oct 6, 2018 11:08 AM

Jul 2013
I wanted edge, I got it, so I don't have any complaint. Also Goblin Slayer looks like a very cool edgelord (and he has a sexy voicee too), so he should be a nice main character to follow up. Was very satisfying seeing him massacring all those little shits, I will look forward to how he will kill every goblin he will find for the remaining episodes.

Let's hope Priestess girl also ends in one piece through the show too.

Oct 2012
Natsuki_Hyundai said:
GemTastical said:

Read the LN not the manga. By "dumb it down further" does that mean that they don't have those boring slice-of-life scenes that the LN author tried to pass off as "character development"? I don't know if I'd like or dislike it more that way though...

Well I just said they dumbed it down. I'm not trying to bill Goblin Slayer as being all that deep even in it's Light Novel version. Usually any bit of characterization is good. Even if it's poorly done. The way the manga went about it made everyone except Goblin Slayer himself feel horribly one dimensional.

Dec 2015
Acernos said:
They were bolder than I expected with the rape scene, honestly, something like that will undoubtedly infuriate many western SJW.
Bolder? It was very censored actually.

Natsuki_Hyundai said:
Gee, it was exactly as bad as I thought it would be. A whole episode for the first chapter...
2 chapters actually.

SNDT said:
And that receptionist girl didn't even try to stop them roflmao. Ok kids go and die.
They were registered adventurers, she couldn't stop them even if she wanted to.

Artur_Moreira said:
Horrible, typical "dark" idiot fantasy created by a 15 year old boy.
Oof, the salt.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 6, 2018 11:09 AM

Jul 2015
Pretty good episode.Didn't expect them to adopt the Manga instead.

Oct 6, 2018 11:10 AM

Dec 2017
the title of this anime said it all, it’s Goblin Slayer. a Slayer of fucking goblin. that’s all there is.

nah, there’s will be no such thing as a goblin slayer destined to save the world from demon blah blah blah. as far as i read the manga, Goblin Slayer only deals with 1 thing, goblin. and maybe woman that he will met occasionaly. and fate.

if you don’t like it, let’s just say that this anime is a comprehensive guide to deal with goblins, tips and trick, what to do and not what to do on how to dealing with them. exclusively made into 13 ep tv anime series. so in case if you transferred into another world, you don’t mess with this little green shit casually.

but to be real though, it’s a good 1st episode, i’m expecting to be like this and it be like that and i’m happy, maybe the sudden change of Goblin Slayer from 2d into 3d animation is kinda off but it’s still nice.

dont care about the rape, dark and edgy shit people say
Oct 6, 2018 11:11 AM

Sep 2017
That was pretty uncomfortable to watch tbh. Not sure this is really gonna be my kinda thing.
Oct 6, 2018 11:12 AM

Jun 2016
Meh they toned down the rape scenes from the manga. Usually the anime makes it better.
Oct 6, 2018 11:12 AM
Nov 2017
Blue_Reaper said:
MonkeyDJasper said:
I have a feeling this show is just Edgy and Dark just to be without depth . Goblins raping people ? Why do the goblins rape people ? This was uncomfortable to watch at times

indeed it is
people already said so many times goblin slayer is about a guy who like slaying goblins, no more than that.
you want the reason? that will be a spoiler
you feel uncomfortable with the rape scene? i don't, and there will be more of it
stop bitching and drop it already.
Nobody is bitching first off you seem triggered that somebody has questions and feels a certain type of way about this . I asked a simple question and that was it . I already know that they do it to reproduce more goblins somebody already told me thank you very much . I didn’t ask you if you felt uncomfortable watching it or not now did i ?
Oct 6, 2018 11:13 AM

Apr 2017
Goblin slaying gone wrong. That proves one should not underestimate even weak monsters, and that not pairing with more experienced adventurer and go on first adventure with rookies only can be a huge mistake. It's nice to see something darker for a change. I'm glad at least MC got out of there somewhat unscathed. Goblin slayer looks pretty cool, and I like his methodic approach to things. He is certainly someone that our MC can learn from to become a strong adventuress herself.

Art by ギャット GFX by aryandil
Oct 6, 2018 11:16 AM

Oct 2012
King-of-souls said:
Meh they toned down the rape scenes from the manga. Usually the anime makes it better.

In all honesty it wasn't toned down all that much. It more or less went exactly how the first chapter went (Which is half of ep 1 admittedly.)

The only difference is that martial arts girl gets one extra panel in the manga showing her crying on the floor, but nothing else. If anything it seems like they cut out other stuff from the manga to make room for the rape.
Oct 6, 2018 11:18 AM

Mar 2016
I liked a lot this first episode but I think that the series would benefit from being far more explicit.
Oct 6, 2018 11:19 AM

May 2018
MonkeyDJasper said:
Blue_Reaper said:

indeed it is
people already said so many times goblin slayer is about a guy who like slaying goblins, no more than that.
you want the reason? that will be a spoiler
you feel uncomfortable with the rape scene? i don't, and there will be more of it
stop bitching and drop it already.
Nobody is bitching first off you seem triggered that somebody has questions and feels a certain type of way about this . I asked a simple question and that was it . I already know that they do it to reproduce more goblins somebody already told me thank you very much . I didn’t ask you if you felt uncomfortable watching it or not now did i ?

lol you just complained about the anime and you refuse that you're bitching? what a sick denialism.
you just make a post in a forum and now you're bitching because someone responded to your post? oh please GTFO from the internet, you're too young for it.
Oct 6, 2018 11:20 AM
Mar 2018
joe_g7 said:

Yeah, right. I can make up shit like that too. Watch me.

They were the weakest adventures. She as a guild employee could easily stop them.

But i'm not talking about what she could or couldn't. She didn't EVEN TRY to do something and it didn't seem that she even cared about what will happen to them.
SNDTOct 6, 2018 11:24 AM
Oct 6, 2018 11:20 AM

Dec 2017
GemTastical said:
uninstallthegame said:

that's a rather dull description. while it seems edgy right off the bat with nothing but KILL KILL KILL, it shows a bit of reality compared to your average seasonal isekai bullshit

It's only dull if you go into this expecting something beyond what it's billed as. I feel like sites like Crunchyroll are doing it a disservice by making headlines like "This is the punisher of anime" because people think it's going to have some deeper psychological factors into it.

Just watch it as Goblin Slayer kicking the shit out of Goblins in glorious fashion and you'll be fine. I feel like this needs to be a warning to everyone who goes into this, otherwise there'll just be 1000 people complaining about it daily because they expected something else.

ah, yes, i would agree with this. goblin slayer is not shinji ikari in metal armor, while it has some factor which made him this way (without spoiling stuff), it's not deeply psychological. but it's a good transition, most of the stuff nowadays in this kinda genre are comedies with fanservice, so it's different all riight... but the stuff like strategies are very well executed in the manga, so it's not just "i go kill" it's "i make a good plan and then kill"
Oct 6, 2018 11:21 AM

Dec 2017
GemTastical said:
King-of-souls said:

In all honesty it wasn't toned down all that much. It more or less went exactly how the first chapter went (Which is half of ep 1 admittedly.)

The only difference is that martial arts girl gets one extra panel in the manga showing her crying on the floor, but nothing else. If anything it seems like they cut out other stuff from the manga to make room for the rape.

agree, in the manga, each character is shown their past before getting wrecked off, but in here they just dead, raped, dead, that’s it

it’s not bad though, three of them aren’t relevant later on.

i might say this is a nice 1st episode
Oct 6, 2018 11:24 AM

Dec 2017
SNDT said:
joe_g7 said:

They were the weakest adventures. She as a guild employee could easily stop them.

But i'm not talking about what she could or couldn't. She didn't EVEN TRIED to do something and it didn't seem that she even cared about what will happen to them.

she said you could wait for more experienced adventurers to take the job. the problem with goblin slaying quests in that world is
Oct 6, 2018 11:26 AM

Dec 2015
SNDT said:
Okay.....??

Stop them how? Fight them herself or call other guild members to apprehend the foolish youngsters who think they can take on goblins aka the weakest monsters in that world??

But i'm not talking about what she could or couldn't. She didn't EVEN TRIED to do something and it didn't seem that she even cared about what will happen to them.
And not caring about some random guild members is bad...? I assume that's what you're saying.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."

Jun 2017
this anime remind me a lot of grimgar but with more gore/dark on it.
it show us what the reality of life and death when someone choose to become an adventure, which not so merry happy like many other anime show us.

Apr 2018
The animation was pretty crappy and all the faces looked deformed af until shit started to escalate quickly

The ep was kind of bad(the story so far is good but it has some stupid moments) but at the same time it was so good

It made me feel a lot of different type of emotions in a positive way

The directing during the action scenes was great in other hand the directing of the more casual scenes at the start of the ep was awful and they sure like to hide the mouth of the person who is talking

And that ost is top notch

4/5

But lol if this is supposed to be the toned down version ,i wonder how the manga is

Best season from 2018 by far
AkerakaiOct 6, 2018 11:35 AM
Oct 6, 2018 11:27 AM

May 2009
BaronBrixius said:
Self-insert? He's probably one of the last people in anime I'd want to "insert" myself into...

He has harem of chick lusting after his dick and doesn't even have name so yes, he's selfinsert.
Oct 6, 2018 11:29 AM

Apr 2016
lol!!!
Why did'nt the guild girl stop them from going, just gave them a warning, if it is frequent occurring with rookies!!!!!!
Oct 6, 2018 11:29 AM

Aug 2013
I hope that constantly merging 2d and CGI doesn't become a trend. Another anime from this season is also doing the same (Double Decker). It's confusing and looks like shit.
Also, the lyp syncing was terrible and the episode was pretty much introduction + torture + edge.
"Doubting everything that you take on... That is very important. Open your own eyes, clear out your ears, and look and listen to the world... And think using your own brain. After you've doubted everything, there is a possibility of something real to believe in. To believe in something, doubt everything."

Oct 6, 2018 11:31 AM

Feb 2015
Rape in the 1st episode, eh?

Oct 6, 2018 11:32 AM

Oct 2012
Akerakai said:
The animation was pretty crappy and all the faces looked deformed af until shit started to escalate quickly

The ep was kind of bad(the story so far is good but it has some stupid moments) but at the same time it was so good

It made me feel a lot of different type of emotions in a positive way

The directing during the action scenes was great in other hand the directing of the more casual scenes at the start of the ep was awful and they sure do try a lot to hide the mouth of the person who is talking

And that ost is top notch

4/5

But lol if this is supposed to be the toned down version ,i wonder how the manga is

More or less the same. In the case of the anime, it seems like they're toning down the story in favor of the rape, which is kind of funny.
Oct 6, 2018 11:32 AM
EDM ❤

May 2012
Judging by this topic after seeing the first episode we already saw everything, theres nothing more to add here ? He just keeps killing goblins and they keep raping ? Can as well drop it lol
Oct 6, 2018 11:34 AM

Jul 2014
Well fuck, that was dark and uncomfortable. I heard it was going to have rape scene, but I never imagine how horrifying it is until I see it with my own eyes.

That is what happens when you don't invite a tank to your party and DPS start to pull trash.
HealmeplzOct 7, 2018 12:11 AM
Oct 6, 2018 11:36 AM

Oct 2012
MrParadise said:
Judging by this topic after seeing the first episode we already saw everything, theres nothing more to add here ? He just keeps killing goblins and they keep raping ? Can as well drop it lol

Not going too deep to avoid spoilers, but the setting itself is as grand as a fantasy anime can be. They set up the existence of dark elves, dragons, etc. All sorts of mythological creatures that could bring the world to ruin.

But they narrow the entire story down to Goblins and their raping because that's all Goblin Slayer cares about. The rest oft he world can go to hell for all he cares. Goblins need to be exterminated.
Oct 6, 2018 11:37 AM
Oct 2017
damn those goblins came fast
Oct 6, 2018 11:38 AM

Jan 2014
Aside from the CGI, pretty good 1st episode. Honestly really surprised they had the balls to add the rape scenes

If Berserk had a younger little brother, it would be this
Oct 6, 2018 11:39 AM

Aug 2018
Fucking golden.
The Goblin Slayer was waaaaay more talkative than i expected (i expected Bounty Hunter from Darkest Dungeon).
I also dont like the voice actor at all but its probably gonna be explained soon on the next episodes.
That ending song is so avatar.

Manly shit was something that was missing from this season.
I never lie on the internet. What's the point of it...
the chinese noodles ad is an anime and avatar isn't!
triggered

Check out my taste and my profile.
Oct 6, 2018 11:39 AM

Oct 2012
DoctorWasabi said:
Aside from the CGI, pretty good 1st episode. Honestly really surprised they had the balls to add the rape scenes

Oof let's not make any comparisons to Berserk. That's just opening the door to even more people complaining.
Oct 6, 2018 11:41 AM
Oct 2018
It was shock me but I like it! The rape scene
is really disturbing.But is a good anime since I watched the berserk 1997, if you guys think this is mess up.Go watch berserk 1997,it is even more gore and violents than this anime
Oct 6, 2018 11:45 AM

Dec 2017
DoctorWasabi said:

damn, Berserk rape are on different level, they made it dangerous enough that maybe people want to downright dropped it
Oct 6, 2018 11:46 AM
Oct 2018
Ziirf said:
AcceleratorAngel said:

Definitely, so if its something insensitive to u drop the series, the rape is only going to increase.

Thanks, I won't continue then.

Is false that the rapes will increase instead is the exact opposite after first 4 manga chapter (first 2 anime episode). In the manga is from 15 chapter that there isn't a rape. Rape isn't common....
francescoG1Oct 6, 2018 11:51 AM
Oct 6, 2018 11:50 AM

Aug 2013
Awfully generic. I was expecting something like that but it went beyond my expectations.
Seriously, so much hype because of blood, rape and violence? Meh.
The only nice thing about this episode is cute design od MC.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 6, 2018 11:50 AM

Dec 2017
i'm amazed people are complaining about rape. so gory violence is good, but rape is no-no? okay...
Oct 6, 2018 11:51 AM

Aug 2018
I liked watching that cocky little bastard get ripped apart and then his companions get abused. Wars of extermination are no laughing matter.

It’s not all “Pip Pip, for the love of St George and no quarter!” Sometimes the other guys are chattering exactly the same thing, and in that cave, they meant it!
NoviSunOct 6, 2018 12:02 PM
Oct 6, 2018 11:56 AM

May 2018
uninstallthegame said:
i'm amazed people are complaining about rape. so gory violence is good, but rape is no-no? okay...

because they are cowards who's too afraid a fictional rape becomes reality in their life.
i bet these people are the same people who accuse people who enjoyed anime lolis are pedophile.
Oct 6, 2018 12:01 PM
Feb 2012
crawling in my skinnnnnn

this show is for basement neets
Oct 6, 2018 12:06 PM
Jan 2018
AcceleratorAngel said:
Ziirf said:
I honestly do not like rape scenes, but other than that I don't mind brutality in shows. That is just my no-go-zone, so before i continue I would like to ask the people that read the source material. - Are there more rape scenes?

Definitely, so if its something insensitive to u drop the series, the rape is only going to increase.

are you taking that from the manga or the LN ,
Oct 6, 2018 12:08 PM

Jan 2014
Ziirf said:
I honestly do not like rape scenes, but other than that I don't mind brutality in shows. That is just my no-go-zone, so before i continue I would like to ask the people that read the source material. - Are there more rape scenes?
not exactly. There will be some more but the series doesn't rely on rape for shock value as much as this ep implies. I'd say there's 2 more instances of rape after this for this season. Gauge it from there to decide if you'll continue or not
Pages (20) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

288 by Ronin_Alx »»
Apr 18, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2018

195 by Miki42 »»
Apr 1, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2018

372 by Tartyus »»
Mar 1, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2018

382 by azzther »»
Feb 26, 8:15 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2018

197 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 10, 5:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.