3It was OK
11.5%
2Disliked it
4.6%
1Hated it
6.9%
Average 4.1
3,036 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 6, 2018 8:40 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, well this is a dark series as I had expected and we get introduction of the main cast right away with characters like Onna, Wizard, etc.

The action is on fire with the fighting against the goblins. Poor Wizard girl though. It seems the TV version had to tone the violence down somewhat for the episode. But in the meantime, I think it captured the mood of the series for now.

We got Goblin Slayer making his appearance too of course and that's quite an impression he's made.
Oct 6, 2018 9:35 AM

Apr 2010
Well i didn't expect them the adapt the rape scenes but they did tho nasty i praise them for sticking towards the manga and novel.
the episode was done really nicely a they really sticked to that.

As for the priest i like her voice so far she resembles herself really well.
I don't really like Goblins Slayers voice tho he sounds to much like a machine.
Oct 6, 2018 9:38 AM

Apr 2014
Aversa said:
Well i didn't expect them the adapt the rape scenes but they did tho nasty i praise them for sticking towards the manga and novel.
the episode was done really nicely a they really sticked to that.

As for the priest i like her voice so far she resembles herself really well.
I don't really like Goblins Slayers voice tho he sounds to much like a machine.

Awesome episode they adapted the ln neatly, now the question is how many episodes this adaption will get.
Nahhhhh the voice is awesome, yuichiro-san is doing an awesome job, he sounds jus badass cold with this type of voice. Just like gs was at the start of the series.
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Oct 6, 2018 9:51 AM

Jun 2013
Man... they really want us to feel uncomfortable. Cruel deaths, rape, killing kids... maybe a bit too much.

At least when the Goblin slayer made his appearance the show turned to be more interesting, I liked the action scenes from there and the soundtrack is really suiting the dark action mood.

The show is pretty questionable for me basing on the first episode. The CGI is really poorly executed and the dark theme is overdone in my opinion.
People saying the source material is great so I hope it would get better in the upcoming episodes.

Tokoya said:
Is there also an uncensored version that's airing on AT-X?

Yes, I watched it from there.
MrMushinOct 6, 2018 9:56 AM
Oct 6, 2018 9:58 AM

Apr 2016
His armor's shinier than I expected.

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Oct 6, 2018 9:59 AM

Dec 2014
I've heard this series is brutal and graphic but damn that was intense and just pure savage on so many levels.
Great start though.

I kinda knew the moment they formed that party with the guy boasting that he'd chased some goblins from a village that they were all gonna end up dead except for the priestess but I'm glad that the martial arts girl survived too even if she might scarred for life. :(

Goblin Slayer is pretty awesome, he was super badass. Big fan of red eye lines that they use with him, always love that stuff. xD

The episode definitely established the series with a pretty dark atmosphere despite the fairly colorful art. I don't know how dark it's gonna be but I hope they don't overplay the whole dark theme with mindless slaughter and brutality.

Looking forward to more.
Oct 6, 2018 10:03 AM
Oct 2012
They were bolder than I expected with the rape scene, honestly, something like that will undoubtedly infuriate many western SJW.

But it was a good episode, fortunately we're watching the AT-X version, now it's see what it will be like with crunchyroll.
Oct 6, 2018 10:04 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
MrMushin said:
Man... they really want us to feel uncomfortable. Cruel deaths, rape, killing kids... maybe a bit too much.

At least when the Goblin slayer made his appearance the show turned to be more interesting, I liked the action scenes from there and the soundtrack is really suiting the dark action mood.

The show is pretty questionable for me basing on the first episode. The CGI is really poorly executed and the dark theme is overdone in my opinion.
People saying the source material is great so I hope it would get better in the upcoming episodes.

Tokoya said:
Is there also an uncensored version that's airing on AT-X?

Alright thanks for the heads up! I was downloading it from a certain Horrible website but since there's an AT-X version, I'll look for that one

Lelouch0202 said:
I've heard this series is brutal and graphic but damn that was intense and just pure savage on so many levels.
Great start though.

I kinda knew the moment they formed that party with the guy boasting that he'd chased some goblins from a village that they were all gonna end up dead except for the priestess but I'm glad that the martial arts girl survived too even if she might scarred for life. :(

Goblin Slayer is pretty awesome, he was super badass. Big fan of red eye lines that they use with him, always love that stuff. xD

The episode definitely established the series with a pretty dark atmosphere despite the fairly colorful art. I don't know how dark it's gonna be but I hope they don't overplay the whole dark theme with mindless slaughter and brutality.

Looking forward to more.
My twin.....Trust me when I say that this series is gonna be HELLA AWESOME lol, I haven't read the LN but as a manga reader this gets my seal of approval
Oct 6, 2018 10:05 AM

Oct 2017
I haven't read the light novels or the manga but this first episode really made me want to read one of the two.

While I'm sure a lot of it was censored I think they did a good job portraying the violence and I'm hoping it's just as brutal, if not more so, in the future.

My biggest complaint would be the CGI, as sometimes it's less noticeable while a lot of the time it was very noticeable. That aside the art was pretty good.

Hope it will only get better from here.
Oct 6, 2018 10:06 AM
Oct 2012
Tokoya said:
MrMushin said:

Alright thanks for the heads up! I was downloading it from a certain Horrible website but since there's an AT-X version, I'll look for that one

Lelouch0202 said:
Great start though.

Looking forward to more.
My twin.....Trust me when I say that this series is gonna be HELLA AWESOME lol, I haven't read the LN but as a manga reader this gets my seal of approval

I believe Horrible subs = AT-X version, the episode was shown in Japan around 0:30 am, and half an hour later the Horrible subs had already made it available.

Oct 6, 2018 10:07 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Acernos said:
Tokoya said:

I believe Horrible subs = AT-X version.
Oh sweet....Off I go then lol
Oct 6, 2018 10:07 AM

Feb 2016
Honestly I don't expected this anime to be good anime,but this anime is so bad I can't stop laughing while watching this lololol
This anime is isesuma or Master of Ragnarok level of shit,I'm waiting for next episode XD
Oct 6, 2018 10:10 AM

Aug 2014
I honestly do not like rape scenes, but other than that I don't mind brutality in shows. That is just my no-go-zone, so before i continue I would like to ask the people that read the source material. - Are there more rape scenes?
Oct 6, 2018 10:11 AM

Dec 2014
[quote=Tokoya message=55899335]
MrMushin said:

Lelouch0202 said:
Great start though.

Looking forward to more.

I'll take your word for it then. XD
Oct 6, 2018 10:12 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Well damn, that happened.
Oct 6, 2018 10:12 AM
Mar 2018
thefrog1192 said:
Honestly I don't expected this anime to be good anime,but this anime is so bad I can't stop laughing while watching this lololol
This anime is isesuma or Master of Ragnarok level of shit,I'm waiting for next episode XD

Agreed.
- I'm 15, I'm adult now and I want to be an adventure.
- Ok

And that receptionist girl didn't even try to stop them roflmao. Ok kids go and die.
Oct 6, 2018 10:13 AM

Apr 2014
Ziirf said:
I honestly do not like rape scenes, but other than that I don't mind brutality in shows. That is just my no-go-zone, so before i continue I would like to ask the people that read the source material. - Are there more rape scenes?

Definitely, so if its something insensitive to u drop the series, the rape is only going to increase.
-Accelerator-

Oct 6, 2018 10:14 AM

Aug 2014
AcceleratorAngel said:
Ziirf said:

Definitely, so if its something insensitive to u drop the series, the rape is only going to increase.

Thanks, I won't continue then.
Oct 6, 2018 10:18 AM
Oct 2012
SNDT said:
thefrog1192 said:

Agreed.
- I'm 15, I'm adult now and I want to be an adventure.
- Ok

And that receptionist girl didn't even try to stop them roflmao. Ok kids go and die.

Goblins are scorned by the adventurers, from every 3 groups of novices 1 is exterminated, she said it was better to expect a more experienced adventurer, but they did not listen.
Oct 6, 2018 10:21 AM

Apr 2014
Ziirf said:
AcceleratorAngel said:

In the novel the rape scenes werent that detailed, but as it seems they will adapt also the scenes from the manga meaning the rape scenes like in episode 1. So if they continue with it, it will only get heavier esp the scene in the farm. So i can understand it if u dont want to continue the series.
-Accelerator-

Oct 6, 2018 10:26 AM

Mar 2018
This shit is so garbage but that wannabe dragonslayer getting rekt was kinda funny
poop
Oct 6, 2018 10:26 AM

Jan 2017
Pretty decent start to the series, I'd say the main weak point was that it was ridiculously obvious that rookie group was going to get slaughtered going into the cave.

Oct 6, 2018 10:27 AM

Jun 2015
Whew what a ep pretty brutal, but it was super fun to watch! Looking forward to the next eps
Oct 6, 2018 10:28 AM

Feb 2017
That was darker than I thought it would be.
Oct 6, 2018 10:30 AM
a car

Jun 2017
Gee, it was exactly as bad as I thought it would be. A whole episode for the first chapter... Also, Priestess girl, your voice talents make Asta look like a down-to-Earth gentleman compared to you. The gore wasn't even that gorey to begin with! "Anime of the Season" everybody. Maybe it's because I went in expecting it to be bad and so my brain was wired to think it was bad, I dunno...

What I'm curious of is if White Fox is going to adapt the obscene mundanities that make up like half the content of the LNs or strictly focus on the action...
Oct 6, 2018 10:31 AM
Mar 2018
Acernos said:

from every 3 groups of novices 1 is exterminated

Well, no wonder with such competent guild employee lol who doesn't give a fuck about kids.

Acernos said:
she said it was better to expect a more experienced adventurer, but they did not listen.

Oh, stop with this bullshit. She just said: "I'm sure if you wait a little while, other adventurers will show up" That's all. She didn't even try to persuade them. Didn't insist to prepare for that mission like buy potions etc. It's criminal negligence.
Oct 6, 2018 10:34 AM
Apr 2017
Horrible, typical "dark" idiot fantasy created by a 15 year old boy.
Oct 6, 2018 10:36 AM

Sep 2017
Goblins kids got massacre 10/10

Love the red eye
Oct 6, 2018 10:37 AM

Dec 2017
wow, was expecting something like Re:Zero production value but got fucking Steins;Gate. rather disappointing to see this kinda shit from White Fox. it just looks so cheap and the music sequences during GS's appearance with this rock music was compared to how they introduced shit at The Expendables

anime of the season LUL. i do hope for the best, but doubt much will change
Oct 6, 2018 10:38 AM

Dec 2015
I guess that was decent...? Kinda disappointed to see CGI already from the first episode, and it wasn't even for the big Hobgoblin (which would've been more understandable and obvious). But I think I'll give it a pass for now since it wasn't as in-your-face and obvious as it usually is. They stayed pretty faithful to the manga, I wish they didn't just cut away to reactions and/or far-away shots when gory things happen. Overall, I guess I expected more considering the staff and the studio.
joe_g7Oct 13, 2018 3:06 AM
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 6, 2018 10:39 AM

Feb 2015
HOW THE F IS THIS A 13 RATING SERIES ?!
i dont know the manga. i only see the anime page and see the rating first before watching and it's 13+ but when i watched it, blood everywhere, girl got stripped nude, stabbed and raped. doesnt mean to shit talk the story. the story, the concept of it is good i like it a lot but what im saying is that this is not a show for 13+ years old kid. this is nudity dark violence show.

regardless of that. i expect all of them to die but not that horrbile. especially the rape. it's good tho :) at least it looks entertaining to me is many ways.
Oct 6, 2018 10:40 AM

Oct 2012
Looks like they're adapting the manga instead of the novel. This.. might just kill any future episodes. Probably going to get initial hype for a week or three, then suffer even worse than Akame Ga Kill did. If they do an anime original ending then rip.
Oct 6, 2018 10:41 AM

May 2018
as i expected, people start bitching about the rape, logic, and dark elements lol.

i just don't understand what's your standard for "dark" themed anime. just curious if this isn't dark then what should be considered dark?
or you just hate it because you can't enjoyed it?
Oct 6, 2018 10:42 AM
Nov 2017
I have a feeling this show is just Edgy and Dark just to be without depth . Goblins raping people ? Why do the goblins rape people ? This was uncomfortable to watch at times
Oct 6, 2018 10:43 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That was a great adaptation, oh my god....And the fact that they showed the rape scene (Even though the girls were a tiny bit censored) shocked me

If the rest of the season is like this then I won't have any complaints whatsoever.....Great job White Fox
Oct 6, 2018 10:43 AM
Nov 2016
Very good starting can't wait for the next episode
Oct 6, 2018 10:46 AM

Oct 2015
Blue_Reaper said:
as i expected, people start bitching about the rape, logic, and dark elements lol.

i just don't understand what's your standard for "dark" themed anime. just curious if this isn't dark then what should be considered dark?

Well its just mal, negativity, and elitism, go to other forum for more positive review.
Oct 6, 2018 10:47 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Artur_Moreira said:
Horrible, typical "dark" idiot fantasy created by a 15 year old boy.
Comments like these are the ones that I missed seeing the most on here

Man it feels good to be back xD
Oct 6, 2018 10:47 AM
Jan 2016
Blue_Reaper said:

the anime seems to be good, and even I like dark animes, I still find those rape scenes very heavy.

I just came to check if, PG-13 is correct
Oct 6, 2018 10:48 AM

Dec 2015
MonkeyDJasper said:
Goblins raping people? Why do the goblins rape people? This was uncomfortable to watch at times
To put it mildly: for reproductive purposes. There are no female goblins.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 6, 2018 10:48 AM

May 2018
MonkeyDJasper said:
I have a feeling this show is just Edgy and Dark just to be without depth . Goblins raping people ? Why do the goblins rape people ? This was uncomfortable to watch at times

indeed it is
people already said so many times goblin slayer is about a guy who like slaying goblins, no more than that.
you want the reason? that will be a spoiler
you feel uncomfortable with the rape scene? i don't, and there will be more of it
stop bitching and drop it already.
Oct 6, 2018 10:51 AM

Oct 2012
Yeah pretty much to make it clear to anyone who wanders into here blind. Goblin Slayer doesn't have much in the way of a story. The manga especially dumbs it down further, which seems to be what the anime is gearing towards after having watched ep 1.

Goblin Slayer is about a dude who hates goblins and kills them. Nothing more, nothing less. Don't expect giant twists and brain provoking character development. This show isn't going to be that deep. It's about the greatest edgelord meme guy killing goblins and occasionally running into big titty women. Said women 8 times out of 10 end up being used as rape fuel. Don't try to stick with it then complain that the story doesn't go anywhere. It's not meant to go anywhere.
Oct 6, 2018 10:52 AM

Sep 2017
Tokoya said:
Acernos said:

I believe Horrible subs = AT-X version.
Oh sweet....Off I go then lol

Thnx for the info :D I`m also going then
Oct 6, 2018 10:53 AM

Aug 2018
Ziirf said:
AcceleratorAngel said:

I've read 28 chapters of the manga. There's not that much rape, and it never gets worse than in chapter 1.
Oct 6, 2018 10:53 AM

Oct 2013
Oct 6, 2018 10:54 AM

Aug 2018
That was incredibly good. I loved seeing dumbasses get their comeuppance in a brutal manner. I also like that it didn’t shy away from mutilation and rape.

I already want more.
Oct 6, 2018 10:55 AM

Oct 2012
epidemia78 said:
Ziirf said:

I've read 28 chapters of the manga. There's not that much rape, and it never gets worse than in chapter 1.

As someone who's read every manga chapter to date, it gets WAY willder than what's shown in episode 1 my dude.
Oct 6, 2018 10:57 AM

Apr 2014
epidemia78 said:
Ziirf said:

The part in the farm i wont spoiler but the scene with the naked woman, or the flashback of specific goblins. If they animate that than it gets only more gruesome, arc 2 and arc 3 have the least amount of rape, but arc 1 has the most ampunt of rape.
-Accelerator-

Jan 2018
Well I liked the episode .
I've read the manga and still it felt good and exciting.

Though the priestess is a bit more younger and childish than she looks in the manga .

I am content with how they covered two chapters in just one episode at this rate they'll be able to cover the manga till chapter 24 atleast , if the anime is 12 episodes long that is.

Dec 2017
GemTastical said:
Yeah pretty much to make it clear to anyone who wanders into here blind. Goblin Slayer doesn't have much in the way of a story. The manga especially dumbs it down further, which seems to be what the anime is gearing towards after having watched ep 1.

Goblin Slayer is about a dude who hates goblins and kills them. Nothing more, nothing less. Don't expect giant twists and brain provoking character development. This show isn't going to be that deep. It's about the greatest edgelord meme guy killing goblins and occasionally running into big titty women. Said women 8 times out of 10 end up being used as rape fuel. Don't try to stick with it then complain that the story doesn't go anywhere. It's not meant to go anywhere.

that's a rather dull description. while it seems edgy right off the bat with nothing but KILL KILL KILL, it shows a bit of reality compared to your average seasonal isekai bullshit
Pages (20) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

288 by Ronin_Alx »»
Apr 18, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2018

195 by Miki42 »»
Apr 1, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2018

372 by Tartyus »»
Mar 1, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2018

382 by azzther »»
Feb 26, 8:15 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2018

197 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 10, 5:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.