Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 27, 2017 12:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah more storytelling about Mitsuki this episode.

Some of the flashbacks about the tailed beasts were kinda interesting to hear. A pretty tense epsiode and it was also kinda interesting to see the storytelling about Orochimaru too.

Felt a bit different compared to most of the other episodes so far.
Dec 27, 2017 4:04 AM

Dec 2009
Fantastic adaptation of the Mitsuki backstory one shot! I'm so glad I can finally talk about Mitsuki having Sage Mode (a badass looking one) without it being considered a spoiler. He's literally the most powerful of all the kids his age currently (Literally this version of Team 7 is made up of monsters). Orochimaru continues being one of the most fascinating characters in the series with how much he's changed while still giving off that unsettling air.
Dec 27, 2017 4:43 AM

Jan 2016
Probably the most interesting episode so far.
Dec 27, 2017 4:44 AM
Sep 2017
Bang on bang on bang! Man, the Hidden Mist Arc ended and we are seeing consecutively awesome episodes. Each and every episode since that arc has been a masterpiece. This episode, though, goes way beyond.
Even though the animation was not that great, the action between Orochimaru and Log, and the portrayal of Mitsuki's Sage Mode was above everything! Mitsuki is my most favourite Next Gen character! Watching this episode, it is very clear...Boruto's future path is indeed illuminated by the Moon (Kaguya reference?...XD).
Dec 27, 2017 5:05 AM

Apr 2014
Fantastic episode. Boruto series has been on the roll ever since the hidden mist arc ended.

Chengxi Huang animated majority of the Orochimaru vs Log, which was a homage to Sasuke vs Killer Bee animated by Hiroyuki Yamashita.

Huang has improved so much since the Boruto series started.
Z4KDec 27, 2017 5:08 AM
Dec 27, 2017 5:06 AM

May 2014
This was amazing!!
I really gotta say it shows that the animation director picked for Boruto is great, he just KNOWS how to animate stuff and where to pay attention.

The little details and the fanatstic art was really awesome, and I was fooled by the Orochimaru thing too! It was just fantastic overall.

Dec 27, 2017 5:35 AM

Feb 2013
Mitsuki has Sage power, amazing, just imagine him in five more years if he keeps improving.
Dec 27, 2017 5:37 AM

Oct 2015
That was an interesting episode. I guess now we understand a Mitsuki's past. Orochimaru's motives are still a bit weird, but I'm fine with this backstory.

Next episode finally we see them going on their first mission. According to the preview, Boruto wants to take the most difficult mission possible. I mean, it's not like a relatively peaceful time period has tons of S-rank missions, but they might get a B-rank mission. I don't even know when was the last time (in naruto/naruto shippuuden) when they talked about missions, and their ranks. There were wars mostly, instead of missions.
Dec 27, 2017 5:53 AM

Aug 2013
This episode was beyond incredible! Everything about this episode was masterful. The animation, OST, and flashbacks were so so amazing!

Mitsuki backstory was adapted brilliantly and the animation was superb! Orochimaru vs Log fight was a sight to behold!

What an incredible and complex character Orochimaru is. Even after his change there's still something very off about him. Jesus. Getting some Legendary Sannin vibe with the new Team 7.. feels like it's skipping a generation. Mitsuki // Orochimaru, Sarada aspiring to be the 2nd ever female Hokage // Tsunade and Boruto // Jiraiya (No similarities but with Mitsuki in the team you can't help but wonder).

Boruto has been on fire since the mist arc ended!!

Z4k said:
Fantastic episode. Boruto series has been on the roll ever since the hidden mist arc ended.

Chengxi Huang animated majority of the Orochimaru vs Log, which was a homage to Sasuke vs Killer Bee animated by Hiroyuki Yamashita.

Yamashita is a fantastic animator and is becoming a fantastic director. What a talent to have working on the series. I'm so delighted for him. Major respect to Chengxi Huang as well, I love love his work and I hope to see him animate some of the bigger fights in the future. Two of the best right there.
Dec 27, 2017 6:29 AM

May 2013
Was it because the hidden mist arc was such an awful huge pile of excrement, that later episodes felt a whole lot better comparatively? I don't know. But I did think this episode was awesome and liked it so much that I might stop bashing at Boruto for the next entire week.
LiterallyEverySpecialSnowflake said:

i wAtcHeD tHis xxxx shOW aNd iT WaS tRASh, i HaTEd iT, wHy eVeRYonE liKEs It?
It iS sO OveRRateD, i AM sO UniQUe aND SpecIAL becAUSE I hAve dIFFerent opINIon ThaN othERs, sO I muST teLL abOut it to THe wHole WorlD, leT thEM knoW i HateD iT. It WAS sO tRasHy, sO GivE mE CouNTER-ArgUMENTs eVen thOuGh i Do NOT giVe argUEmeNTs SuppORTIng My PoiNT.
Dec 27, 2017 6:33 AM
Dec 2017
I've been waiting for this episode.
Dec 27, 2017 6:44 AM
May 2012
Hey, that was actually pretty good. Best episode so far!
Dec 27, 2017 6:57 AM
Mar 2015
I was waiting for this, now i have to increase my overall score(all episodes) to 9/10.

I like how you are a viewer had no idea what was going on and the whole thing was pretty dark. Mitsuki in sage mode is awesome.

Dec 27, 2017 7:15 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Yasuhito said:
This episode was beyond incredible! Everything about this episode was masterful. The animation, OST, and flashbacks were so so amazing!

Mitsuki backstory was adapted brilliantly and the animation was superb! Orochimaru vs Log fight was a sight to behold!

What an incredible and complex character Orochimaru is. Even after his change there's still something very off about him. Jesus. Getting some Legendary Sannin vibe with the new Team 7.. feels like it's skipping a generation. Mitsuki // Orochimaru, Sarada aspiring to be the 2nd ever female Hokage // Tsunade and Boruto // Jiraiya (No similarities but with Mitsuki in the team you can't help but wonder).

Boruto has been on fire since the mist arc ended!!

Z4k said:

Yamashita is a fantastic animator and is becoming a fantastic director. What a talent to have working on the series. I'm so delighted for him. Major respect to Chengxi Huang as well, I love love his work and I hope to see him animate some of the bigger fights in the future. Two of the best right there.
I second everything you both said.....10 out of 10 episode

They did muh favorite oneshot justice :'')
Dec 27, 2017 7:26 AM
Dec 2017
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
Fantastic adaptation of the Mitsuki backstory one shot! I'm so glad I can finally talk about Mitsuki having Sage Mode (a badass looking one) without it being considered a spoiler. He's literally the most powerful of all the kids his age currently (Literally this version of Team 7 is made up of monsters). Orochimaru continues being one of the most fascinating characters in the series with how much he's changed while still giving off that unsettling air.

Fully agree with you. Mitsuki is on a whole new level
Dec 27, 2017 7:27 AM
Dec 2017
Finally got to see Mitsuki sage mode.
Dec 27, 2017 7:53 AM

Jul 2016
Sick Episode but does leave some questions behind.

- What Happened to Log after this Incident?
- How did his relationship with Orochimaru improve? (referencing parent teacher interviews).
Seems like he accepts Orochimaru as a parent now.

Though I died of laughter when he asked Orochimaru if he was his father or his mother.
Aside from this animations were sick, and this episode actually kept me hooked even though I knew what was coming cuz of the manga.
Dec 27, 2017 7:58 AM

Jun 2015
Fantastic episode of telling the backstory for Mitsuki. It was amazing when he turned into Sage Mode. He's very powerful. The fight with Orochimaru and Log was epic. The animation worked well. Orochimaru continues to be a fascinating character.
Dec 27, 2017 8:28 AM

Jan 2014
poor Mitsuki, being deceived like that.
but hey, it's all for Mitsuki sake so he can awaken the sage power.
Dec 27, 2017 8:38 AM

Sep 2013
Mitsuki backstory, orochimaru doing less brutal experiments now, guess he really did change.
Dec 27, 2017 8:55 AM
Oct 2007
Absolutely love this episode! I enjoyed watching from start to the very end.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2017 9:25 AM

Dec 2016
From far one of the best episode of the anime from now !
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Dec 27, 2017 9:27 AM
Apr 2016
Creating an artificial hero, destined to become a real one, if not to atone for his past sins, then to create a brighter future for everyone... Astonishing stuff, I knew he is a Hero of Justice since the get go. The ending though was quite... ominous. As the future of this one hero is not so bright... yet.
Since we finally have a full fledged Mistuki episode, please finally tell me JUST WHAT IS HE READING IN THE OPENING SEQUENCE? What do the characters on the book stand for?
Re:formed
Dec 27, 2017 9:30 AM
Apr 2016
Aiko_Hiroshi said:

Team 7 was Rin/Obito/Kakashi then Sakura/Sasuke/Naruto, now it is Mistuki/Sarada/Boruto? It seems they wanted to keep the extraodinary meaning of Team 7. One has a sharingan, the other some kinda Alien All-Seeing eye, and then there is a Sage mode at command of the third one...I can only wonder if it is possible to animate the whole epicness behind them in 24 minutes when the time comes.
Dec 27, 2017 9:33 AM

Jun 2012
How can other teams possibly compete with this?

Sage Mode, Some weird eye that's going to be OP, and the sharingan.

LOL.

This team is like 1000x stronger than any other team this should has heard of.
Dec 27, 2017 9:36 AM

Jun 2014
I already knew what was going to happen since I read the one-shot but it was great to finally see this animated, especially Mitsuki's awesome Sage Mode. This was definitely the best episode of the series so far, and I wouldn't be surprised if it stays like that for a while. Looking forward to seeing Team 7 go on their first mission next episode.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 27, 2017 9:45 AM
Aug 2015
Best episode so far.
Dec 27, 2017 10:29 AM

May 2015
Pretty spot on adaptation...
Dec 27, 2017 10:50 AM

Mar 2016
Backstory on Mitsuki
Interesting episode ... not much too say
Except Orochimaru is a great character ... he’s always making stuff weird
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2017 2:29 PM

Feb 2012
Mhmm very good episode, and there's his backstory finally, and how he was created.

And glad Sage Mode finally got revealed for Mitsuki, he was already the strongest of the kids even without it, but now with it he's literally "you're 10 years too young to challenge me" tier.

@TheRealMC Been a while since I read this one shot that got adapted into this episode, but I believe the ending is left open for Log, he might still be with Orochimaru and Suigetsu. Maybe he'll get a more important role later on in the story.
Dec 27, 2017 2:49 PM
Apr 2016
Ramkec said:
Mhmm very good episode, and there's his backstory finally, and how he was created.

And glad Sage Mode finally got revealed for Mitsuki, he was already the strongest of the kids even without it, but now with it he's literally "you're 10 years too young to challenge me" tier.

@TheRealMC Been a while since I read this one shot that got adapted into this episode, but I believe the ending is left open for Log, he might still be with Orochimaru and Suigetsu. Maybe he'll get a more important role later on in the story.

I am sure Log will be a "major save" character in the story. It is strongly implied they are working real hard to be shadow heroes.
Dec 27, 2017 3:23 PM

Apr 2015
  • I remember reading this a long time ago.
  • That Mitsuki form is insane. ~
  • 4/5
Dec 27, 2017 3:35 PM

Jul 2016
The best episode of the show yet as it actually pushed a storyline forward.
Dec 27, 2017 4:02 PM

Jan 2008
Really nice episode, also really liked the fight bretween the two as well. Not often you get swordplay of that quality in a TV series. Mitsuki's sage mode was pretty awesome, not a fan of the horn though.
Dec 27, 2017 6:53 PM

Nov 2016
Such an enjoyable episode this week, great way to finish the year of 2017. The fighting scene between Orochimaru and Log was splendid, and Mitsuki using sage mode for the first time was freaking awesome! He looked Godly!

Great episode, nice to know more about Mitsuki's back-story. 5/5
Dec 27, 2017 7:57 PM

Sep 2011
Damn Boruto is getting good! All the stupid slice of life episodes aside, Boruto has been a fun ride!
Dec 28, 2017 12:32 AM
Jun 2017
love the backstory of mitsuki here... it just shows why he is always with Boruto...
Dec 28, 2017 2:06 AM

Apr 2012
Interesting fight.

Also funny at the end how even Salad gets charmed by Mitsuki.
Dec 28, 2017 3:25 AM

Jan 2017
WTF... Orochimaru's a good parent he let his 'child' follow his own path, i thought he'd be more like:

"VAAGA MUSKO-YO" with the that brooding voice (like emperor charles brittannia to lelouch)

the fight, overall, wasn't very 'orochimaru' -if you know what i mean- but it was actually quite cool and fast paced
Dec 28, 2017 3:27 AM

Jan 2017
EratiK said:
Interesting fight.

Also funny at the end how even Salad gets charmed by Mitsuki.

eeeyy, you call sarada, salad as well (you do, right)... i thought nobody got that -'cause boruto=bolt
Dec 28, 2017 4:43 AM

Jul 2016
What~? Mitsuki was an android the whole time?
Dec 28, 2017 4:47 AM

Apr 2012
tambi33 said:
eeeyy, you call sarada, salad as well (you do, right)... i thought nobody got that -'cause boruto=bolt
I'll also probably start to call Mitsuki Full Moon after this episode.
Dec 28, 2017 7:31 AM

Jan 2013
qwertyMrJINX said:

Artificial Human.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Dec 28, 2017 10:09 AM

Sep 2015
Did his older sibling really end up being called Mitsuki too... like thats gotta be so confusing and sad.
Dec 28, 2017 3:35 PM

Oct 2008
OMG! this is becoming awesome again!
Orochimaru said: "i'm no ordinary shinobi" -> like a b0ss! haha!
Mitsuki sage mode was badass as well!
Orochimaru is still a great threat and a singularity existence that is powerful!
5/5.

Dec 29, 2017 1:05 AM

Jul 2009
Mitsuki's sage mode is very cool! So he fell in love with just a picture, huh? haha
Dec 29, 2017 5:09 AM
Jun 2017
Even Mitsuki isn't sure!
Dec 29, 2017 7:51 AM

Mar 2014
Been wondering when this was going to be animated. All that's left is the Boruto movie... probably going to add the extra stuff from the manga when they get to that point.
Dec 29, 2017 1:04 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
One hell of a test to determine whether Mitsuki still had his skills though. Still this memory thief was interesting and more so because not everything is what it seems. To think that the thief was actually the previous clone though. Its unfortunate but given Orochimaru's personality he will keep making clones until he gets the correct one. Quite the difficult choice that Mitsuki had there though. But Mitsuki's sage like power was interesting though. Its nice seeing that Orochimaru has changed somewhat though in this new age. A nice little memory this episode proved to be and a interesting one as well.
Dec 30, 2017 12:07 AM

Jul 2016
SHINOBI-03 said:
qwertyMrJINX said:

Artificial Human.

Yeah, that's what I said. Jinzo-ningen.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » what do you'all genuinely think about the boruto part 1? (no bait/serious/an honest talk) ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 12, 2023

62 by FruitPunchBaka »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2017

327 by Domfromthenick »»
May 3, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 29 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2017

58 by ItachiSanStatus »»
May 1, 11:43 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 168 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2020

28 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 23, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 173 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2020

26 by bottleblonde »»
Apr 18, 9:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.