Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 2, 2017 9:01 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
First two episodes are out on Crunchyroll.

It didn't waste time introducing the main characters including Tsugumi. The seems to have some diverse personalities although by the looks of it, they're all there to improve themselves.
Nov 2, 2017 9:23 PM
Jun 2016
just finished the first episode interesting, it reminds me of b-project I think it was.
Nov 3, 2017 2:21 AM

Oct 2010
It was great! I find the pacing to be good and the main characters' introductions to be quite balanced? Also I'm really digging the art style lol, looks really close to the game's art.

Overall, as a fan of the game since it was first launched; I may came off a bit biased but ahah I always kept my expectations for every anime low but the first episode came out better than I hoped for so far. Looking forward to see more of the anime in two months~

Satou Satomi as Tsumugi is a great choice btw :^)

PS: Sougo best boy

Edit: Because of both first and 2nd episode were combined together, I accidentally discussed the second episode. Whoops.
KogamehNov 3, 2017 5:08 AM
Nov 3, 2017 4:41 AM
Jan 2016
Tsumugi is well known as manly girl because of her strong will. It is really happy thing to see her move and exist. Because in the game, she just like support character eventough she introduced as heroine.

Well she is support character if we looked at role list. She is the last name in Takanashi Pro.

I hope they will increase her appearance because I love Tsumugi character
Nov 3, 2017 9:53 AM

Aug 2015
First episode turns out pretty well!

At first look it's like the same old shoujo male idols anime but... I can feel so much emotions and cringy English, from this... I don't know why.. TvT

PS. I feel like I found a legit male version of LL!Sunshine Mari... Lol XD

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Nov 3, 2017 10:37 AM

May 2015
Ahhh such a good first episode (including the second) T.T
I used to be a fan of the game but stopped playing around a year ago, but I still love all the characters and songs and it's so nice how the art style is so similar to the game. Never got into the story though so I'm not sure if the anime is following the game story or if it's different, but either way, I'm expecting it to be good. I can't wait to see the full series in January!

♡ artist
サコ
Nov 3, 2017 11:16 AM

Dec 2015
Those first 2 episodes are such a surprise, but a welcome one. All 7 have such distinctive personalities.

I didn't know who were the seiyuu until I checked the list. A pretty nice lineup!
Nov 3, 2017 12:06 PM

Jul 2012
So lovely! I'm the same as @/Uratanuki. I stopped playing a while ago and never followed story. This Anime is gonna bring everything to life which is great!

I have a feeling I'm going to have a hard time picking favourites now! I've always been a huge fan of Nagi and Tamaki (not just bc of seiyuu but their personalities) and now everyone's making me reconsider. LOL

The main girl, Tsumugi, is really great! I like her already.

The bunny mascot is cute too! I want a plushie.
Nov 4, 2017 6:45 AM

Oct 2016
Woah they really enhanced the storyline from the game, like it’s more emotional with the animations. I play the game and I know how the story is like but this, really enhances it.

And I really enjoy how this anime really shows the journey of an idol group instead of a reverse harem otome game anime.

Monster generation instrumental at the end hit me so hard I love it.
Nov 4, 2017 7:52 PM
Jul 2018
Tatsuya Kato doing 2 idol anime in one season (this and LLS2) ROFL. I might consider watching this just for him.
Nov 6, 2017 5:33 AM
Mar 2010
Oooh!
This was nice. I'm glad I'll have another nice male idol anime to watch after SideM ends!
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Nov 11, 2017 9:07 PM

Jul 2016
well damn! didn't know this was already airing. watching this because of trigger for now...
Dec 21, 2017 10:12 AM
May 2015
Meira_Eve said:

PS. I feel like I found a legit male version of LL!Sunshine Mari... Lol XD

Yupp,also Rui from Idolm@ster Side M. The blonde foreign/half japanese and half something else type of character (launching random engrish/french/italian words) seems to be in now... XD
Jan 7, 2018 4:53 PM

Jan 2014
This is surprisingly good. I was thinking it would be garbage, but I was proven wrong. The only thing that I disagree with is their group name -_-

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Feb 4, 2018 1:47 PM

Sep 2007
Every time beautiful blonde Nagi opened his mouth I just burst out laughing because of his terrible foreigner accent omg :'DD
(the Dutch professor that teaches Japanese grammar at my uni is a middle-aged old man who speaks exactly like this so it's double hilarious to me)

The seiyuu are pretty cute! Didn't even recognize Ono Kensho in here because he usually has such a soft voice. And they sound really well together! <3

I'm not sure what to think about the CGI during the live concert, but otherwise it was used really well during the rest of the episode. Proof that 3DCGI can certainly liven up 2D animation :)
Feb 12, 2018 3:23 AM
May 2015
This is very different from the other idol anime. I have read the manga the first chapters😄
Feb 13, 2018 8:50 AM

Oct 2011
Nemurasan said:
This is very different from the other idol anime. I have read the manga the first chapters😄

I'm very glad you're enjoying it but I just wanted to let you know, while IDOLiSH7 does have many manga, it's based off a mobile game. The Anime story is based off the in game story which you can read part 1 of the story translated here ( Link )
Feb 13, 2018 7:48 PM
May 2015
Ashureechan said:
Nemurasan said:

I'm very glad you're enjoying it but I just wanted to let you know, while IDOLiSH7 does have many manga, it's based off a mobile game. The Anime story is based off the in game story which you can read part 1 of the story translated here ( Link )

Thnx😄😄😄😄😄
Feb 13, 2018 8:51 PM

Oct 2011
Nemurasan said:

Thnx😄😄😄😄😄

You're welcome!!! I hope you continue to enjoy IDOLiSH7!!!
Feb 14, 2018 4:01 AM
May 2015
Ashureechan said:
Nemurasan said:

Thnx😄😄😄😄😄

Ashureechan said:
Nemurasan said:

Thnx😄😄😄😄😄

Yes of course, I'm watching it!!!
Jan 23, 2019 10:05 PM

Jun 2015
either french boy or red head boy is gonna be best boy
May 29, 2020 8:29 PM

Aug 2017
I know that everyone was going to pass lol.

It was a good introduction, im worried a bit since we have a lot of characters and in some scenes I confused Riku with Mitsuki since both have similar designs.

Yamato is husbando material. He's so hot.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 26, 2021 1:04 PM
Feb 2021
How do I watch episodes,Everytime I click on the episodes it dose nothing (sorry for bothering you but I'm just trying to watch anime episodes)
Aug 24, 2021 3:32 PM

Jan 2021
I seen a lot a lot of people recommended me this.
And I FINALLY decided to give a chance.
And so far I’m enjoying this.
And All the characters are good- looking too.
Sep 29, 2021 10:29 AM
Apr 2017
I’ve never seen an idol anime, but I’ve followed many idol groups in real life, so in a way, I knew what to expect. The set-up was pretty good. The manager is adorable and so are all the guys so far. I can sense how likable they are right off the bat, which is great. There seems to be a type for everyone. I’m excited to see them get introduced one by one, so I can see who to personally root for :)
Nov 12, 2021 8:14 AM

Dec 2012
That was a pretty good start. I'm already enjoying the cast chemistry and just like they seemed like best friends at the start, I feel like I've known them for longer than one episode now. I like how it feels both upbeat & high energy while still having a down to Earth vibe to the characters (not as campy as Starmyu, that's for sure!).
Feb 21, 2022 2:13 PM

Feb 2020
Well, that was an okay start. I like the chemistry between the boys. They seem to get along very well with their manager as well.

I like the animation. The opening looks especially gorgeous.

That bunny mascot is so adorable. ^_^

SerafosDec 21, 2023 4:04 AM
Oct 15, 2022 5:07 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hm interesting introduction, so it's the usual manager that will get to discover these 7 ikemen, but they look fun so far
Dec 20, 2022 10:01 PM

Feb 2019
not bad for a first episode. so far i am liking all the characters.

More topics from this board

» Who is your favorite? ( 1 2 )

Chiibi - Jan 14, 2018

76 by luciana_y2 »»
Yesterday, 5:18 AM

Poll: » IDOLiSH7 Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - May 19, 2018

28 by senekohan »»
Apr 24, 11:32 AM

Poll: » IDOLiSH7 Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2018

19 by senekohan »»
Apr 22, 8:37 PM

Poll: » IDOLiSH7 Episode 15 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2018

22 by antuUA »»
Jul 4, 2023 3:42 PM

Poll: » IDOLiSH7 Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2018

10 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Dec 21, 2022 11:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.