Forum Settings
Forums

What is the most generic anime you've seen?

New
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 1, 2017 12:10 PM

Jul 2015
EcchiKingMamster said:
ARubinsky said:

Hundred is not generic, it is just Ecchi done wrong.

you obviously haven't seen any other battle harem if you're saying that.. theres a reason its been mentioned 5 times

and my penis strongly disagrees with that statement

For me generic means using all the tropes and still manages to be boring through all the 20 minutes of the episode. If it has fanserivce it can't be THAT boring.

Infinite Stratos and Asterisk War are much better examples of generic battle harem.

AdrianRubinskySep 1, 2017 12:33 PM
Sep 1, 2017 12:14 PM
Aug 2017
koi to uso , it's just ........ So bland
Sep 1, 2017 12:22 PM

Apr 2017
since Hundred has been said so many times already, Asterisk War.
Fairy Tail's also really high on the list.
Oh yeah, Plastic Memories too
The_Missing_LinkSep 1, 2017 12:26 PM
Sep 1, 2017 12:24 PM

Sep 2016
Zelev said:
Apoc_Revolution said:

That, is something I will never agree with.

Eh? Do you really need proof? It's been done a bunch of times.
There's Ergo Proxy, Death Parade, Eve no Jikan, Ghost in the Shell even briefly touches on that.
There's also regular TV shows, such as the sci-fi "Dark Matter" on Netflix where they literally dedicate an entire arc to their robot.

The concept itself is not original by any means. What matters is the direction/execution. Plastic Memories had the worst execution imo.

Almost everything in fiction has been done a bunch of times. The thing is, for every story that is about robots developing feelings, there are dozens of stories that just involve mindless action or comedy. How many anime are out there that are like Plastic Memories or the ones you've mentioned compared to the endless amount of romantic comedies and battle harems? Not many.

Sep 1, 2017 12:28 PM

Dec 2012
Rio: Rainbow Gate by a mile, it's an anime made to promote freakin Pachinko machines, and is just a hodgepodge of fanservice tropes.

Also Super Sonico: The Animation for similar reasons.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Sep 1, 2017 12:30 PM

Jan 2014
Apoc_Revolution said:
Zelev said:

Eh? Do you really need proof? It's been done a bunch of times.
There's Ergo Proxy, Death Parade, Eve no Jikan, Ghost in the Shell even briefly touches on that.
There's also regular TV shows, such as the sci-fi "Dark Matter" on Netflix where they literally dedicate an entire arc to their robot.

The concept itself is not original by any means. What matters is the direction/execution. Plastic Memories had the worst execution imo.

Almost everything in fiction has been done a bunch of times. The thing is, for every story that is about robots developing feelings, there are dozens of stories that just involve mindless action or comedy. How many anime are out there that are like Plastic Memories or the ones you've mentioned compared to the endless amount of romantic comedies and battle harems? Not many.

"Not many" does not equate to being "original." It just means that specific topic is scarce in comparison.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Sep 1, 2017 12:34 PM

May 2015
Probably Beyond the Boundary although it's not the worst. It's sup-bar Future Diary, having all the elements of Fantasy/Romance/Humor/Darkness without the wacky nature of the former. Future Diary pushed everything to the extreme, wanted to get the best of each element. Beyond the Boundary just coasts along.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Sep 1, 2017 12:36 PM

Sep 2016
Zelev said:
Apoc_Revolution said:

"Not many" does not equate to being "original." It just means that specific topic is scarce in comparison.

Then why did you bring up the fact that it has been done a bunch of times? Can you give an example of a story that is truly original and unlike anything else?

Sep 1, 2017 12:42 PM

Nov 2016
Apoc_Revolution said:
Zelev said:

Then why did you bring up the fact that it has been done a bunch of times? Can you give an example of a story that is truly original and unlike anything else?

Mushishi is pretty unique. I haven't seen anything quite like that.
Sep 1, 2017 12:44 PM

Jan 2014
Apoc_Revolution said:
Zelev said:

Because you literally said the concept was original, which is actually false. You were the one that brought up the word original, not me. Then you backtracked and said that there weren't many like that.

Sep 1, 2017 12:57 PM

Sep 2016
Zelev said:
Apoc_Revolution said:

Because you literally said the concept was original, which is actually false. You were the one that brought up the word original, not me. Then you backtracked and said that there weren't many like that.

Then what is original according to you? There are hardly any unique concepts since almost everything has been done multiple times.

Pixel_Vapour said:

Now there's a good example.

Sep 1, 2017 1:03 PM

Nov 2012
I'm surprised some edgelord hasn't come out and said FMAB or HxH 2011 yet.
Sep 1, 2017 1:07 PM

Jan 2008
People clearly haven't seen Tokyo Underground and just bashing on shows they hate, like always.

Felt like I said this before.
Sep 1, 2017 1:08 PM

Oct 2016
Baka and Test. I don't understand how people find it funny...none of the jokes are original, and they keep getting repeated every episode. It's a staple "average comedy anime".
Sep 1, 2017 1:18 PM

Feb 2016
I don't know how to choose a single title as "the most" generic

A bunch of Kyoto Animation's TV series can be described wtih the word generic. Fantasy and Harem are also overflooding with anime that looks exactly the same

@Johnnyd3rp I knew someone thought like this too

@OmegaOtaku there's a gay love interest at least. Not that it makes less garbage anyway

@sasalx And what exactly being a Shojo has to do with how generic this series is?
Sep 1, 2017 1:22 PM

Jan 2014
Apoc_Revolution said:
Zelev said:

Then what is original according to you? There are hardly any unique concepts since almost everything has been done multiple times.

Pixel_Vapour said:

You can google what original means. Even then, that's not what we're talking about here. A show doesn't have to be original in concept, just in execution.

Sep 1, 2017 1:33 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
ARubinsky said:

For me generic means using all the tropes and still manages to be boring through all the 20 minutes of the episode. If it has fanserivce it can't be THAT boring.

Infinite Stratos and Asterisk War are much better examples of generic battle harem.

uh... i don't think generic has anything to do with boring.. i think most people just consider generic anything thats pretty much the same thing on paper lol

and i don't think the Asterisk was is quite as generic as Hundred, especially since it aired first... lol... Hundred was like... NOTHING new.. but stil entertaining andl hot as fuck XD

bruh... it was Infinite Stratos that started the magic battle harem craze, so you can't really call Infinite Stratos generic LOOOOLLL

Claire is fucking THICC bruh.. thats one of the best bodies i've ever seen in anime
EcchiGodMamsterSep 1, 2017 1:37 PM
Sep 1, 2017 1:36 PM

Feb 2010
idk? Random sports anime or battle shounen are good guesses, they always rely on the same tropes and I always love them for it.

sasalx said:
Diabolik Lovers probably.

It just screams how generic it is with shoujo tag.

Is it? I can't think of another example of a show that is basically the same. It seems kinda fringe in terms of how sadistic and mean-spirited it was.
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 1, 2017 1:46 PM

Sep 2012
@Tsukihiko

My point was that was the most generic shoujo I ever see. So yea...

@Pullman

Well that show has many overused shoujo tropes like literally braindead mc(female for this case). Bad boy male MCs. Unimportant support characters etc.

Tbh I really want to watch a good shoujo at that time probably after reading Arisa but oh well. If you like it for another aspect nice. If I have to give a good shoujo example it would be Akatsuki no Yona.

Also if I have to give a reverse version of DL it would be Kampfer. God that show is so generic even for the harem genre. The thing is both Kampfer and DL has an interesting twist and that is why I started to watch it but yea.
Sep 1, 2017 1:53 PM

Sep 2016
Zelev said:
Apoc_Revolution said:

You can google what original means. Even then, that's not what we're talking about here. A show doesn't have to be original in concept, just in execution.

That's not what I meant. First, you say it's not original because it has been done a bunch of times. I counter that by saying that other concepts such as romcoms and battle harems are far more common and ask you to give an example of an original concept, which you still haven't answered. Now you're saying the concept doesn't have to be original, but just the execution?

Sep 1, 2017 1:53 PM

Nov 2009
ARubinsky said:
EcchiKingMamster said:

you obviously haven't seen any other battle harem if you're saying that.. theres a reason its been mentioned 5 times

and my penis strongly disagrees with that statement

Infinite Stratos was a lot more fun than Hundred.
Asterisk War is mostly notable for having extra dozes of politics and backstabbing from a sports anime. That main mystery is notable too, but I did not watch the second season, so I do not know if it actually plays a role. It is still more than Hundred, which can only boast its female cast and the winning girl.

Zelev said:
Apoc_Revolution said:

We're talking about the most generic anime. Anything that can't rival battle shounen does not qualify.

Paul said:
People clearly haven't seen Tokyo Underground and just bashing on shows they hate, like always.

Felt like I said this before.

Well, Hundred can rival Tokyo Underground in the genericness aspect. But people naming SAO have no idea what they're talking about.

Pullman said:
idk? Random sports anime or battle shounen are good guesses, they always rely on the same tropes and I always love them for it.

Many battle shounen are so long they manage to generic themselves. My choice is Naruto.
Sep 1, 2017 1:54 PM

Feb 2010
sasalx said:
@Tsukihiko

My point was that was the most generic shoujo I ever see. So yea...

@Pullman

Well that show has many overused shoujo tropes like literally braindead mc(female for this case). Bad boy male MCs. Unimportant support characters etc.

Tbh I really want to watch a good shoujo at that time probably after reading Arisa but oh well. If you like it for another aspect nice. If I have to give a good shoujo example it would be Akatsuki no Yona.

Also if I have to give a reverse version of DL it would be Kampfer. God that show is so generic even for the harem genre. The thing is both Kampfer and DL has an interesting twist and that is why I started to watch it but yea.

I don't even think Diabolik Lovers is technically a shoujo since it is an otome game adaptions and not based on a manga. And those always seem to be trash btw, just like Amnesia.
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 1, 2017 1:56 PM

Jul 2017
BnHA maybe? I think what might push it over other shonen stuff for me is that it combines all of their generic qualities with the most miserable thing to ever happen to American media, superheroes.
I don't know everything. I just know what I know.
Sep 1, 2017 2:03 PM

Mar 2016
SAO isn't really generic. I can't think of a single anime with a plot similar to it.
Sep 1, 2017 2:22 PM

Jan 2014
Apoc_Revolution said:
Zelev said:

That's not what I meant. First, you say it's not original because it has been done a bunch of times. I counter that by saying that other concepts such as romcoms and battle harems are far more common and ask you to give an example of an original concept, which you still haven't answered. Now you're saying the concept doesn't have to be original, but just the execution?

Why are you so confused? That literally does not conflict with what I previously said. Like I previously stated, you were the one that brought up originality. How does me stating an original anime prove anything, even though they technically don't exist?

You didn't counter my point at all. All you did was shift the attention from your show to something else. That's called a fallacy - a "red herring" to be exact. Plastic Memory's concept still isn't original just because you said it's less common than other shows. It doesn't work like that.

I stated before that it's about execution. You must not be reading. "The concept itself is not original by any means. What matters is the direction/execution. Plastic Memories had the worst execution imo." Then I said it again, "A show doesn't have to be original in concept, just in execution."

Sep 1, 2017 2:27 PM

Jul 2015
EcchiKingMamster said:
ARubinsky said:

uh... i don't think generic has anything to do with boring.. i think most people just consider generic anything thats pretty much the same thing on paper lol

and i don't think the Asterisk was is quite as generic as Hundred, especially since it aired first... lol... Hundred was like... NOTHING new.. but stil entertaining andl hot as fuck XD

bruh... it was Infinite Stratos that started the magic battle harem craze, so you can't really call Infinite Stratos generic LOOOOLLL

Claire is fucking THICC bruh.. thats one of the best bodies i've ever seen in anime

Infinite Stratos has the most dense MC ever, but I'm pretty sure it is not the first battle harem. Ok, maybe 50% if Isekai Seikishi Monogatari isn't valid because I can't remember something else, do you accept Code Geass as an example? (remark for those who got triggered: jk)

To label SAO as not generic because it started the whole Isekai/In a game craze... I prefer to die than say that. This matter is almost like a religion to me.

I agree about Claire.

AdrianRubinskySep 1, 2017 2:32 PM
Sep 1, 2017 2:45 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
ARubinsky said:

Infinite Stratos has the most dense MC ever, but I'm pretty sure it is not the first battle harem. Ok, maybe 50% if Isekai Seikishi Monogatari isn't valid because I can't remember something else, do you accept Code Geass as an example? (remark for those who got triggered: jk)

To label SAO as not generic because it started the whole Isekai/In a game craze... I prefer to die than say that. This matter is almost like a religion to me.

I agree about Claire.

yes, but just like SAO started an Isekai "craze".. Infinite Stratos started the magic battle harem craze, so IS started it therefore can't really be seen as more generic than shows that it inspired LOL

Code Geass as a battle harem? not really lol? its honestly just another mecha anime, mecha always have hot girls and fanservice... but i guess the show has flare that many others before didn't have, i don't really know, i usually watch the "less serious" mecha's although i don't really consider Code Geass as serious as many seem to

Claire was great fap material.. i should go back to the gifs i have of her...
Sep 1, 2017 2:49 PM

Sep 2016
Zelev said:
Apoc_Revolution said:

Why are you so confused? That literally does not conflict with what I previously said. Like I previously stated, you were the one that brought up originality. How does me stating an original anime prove anything, even though they technically don't exist?

You didn't counter my point at all. All you did was shift the attention from your show to something else. That's called a fallacy - a "red herring" to be exact. Plastic Memory's concept still isn't original just because you said it's less common than other shows. It doesn't work like that.

I stated before that it's about execution. You must not be reading. "The concept itself is not original by any means. What matters is the direction/execution. Plastic Memories had the worst execution imo." Then I said it again, "A show doesn't have to be original in concept, just in execution."

If you think the concept doesn't necessarily have to be original, then why did you even list other anime that have the same concept? The fact that you can't give an example shows that there are hardly any original concepts, which you now admit. To me, an anime is original if there aren't many stories that share the same concept. Ah, forget it. I wasn't trying to change your opinion about Plastic Memories anyway.

Sep 1, 2017 3:05 PM

Jan 2014
Apoc_Revolution said:
Zelev said:

If you think the concept doesn't necessarily have to be original, then why did you even list other anime that have the same concept? The fact that you can't give an example shows that there are hardly any original concepts, which you now admit. To me, an anime is original if there aren't many stories that share the same concept. Ah, forget it. I wasn't trying to change your opinion about Plastic Memories anyway.

What do you mean why? I already answered that. It's because you stated it was original, and I disagreed by giving you examples.

That's not what the term original means. You can't just add your own definition.

Sep 1, 2017 3:06 PM

Jul 2015
EcchiKingMamster said:

yes, but just like SAO started an Isekai "craze".. Infinite Stratos started the magic battle harem craze, so IS started it therefore can't really be seen as more generic than shows that it inspired LOL

Code Geass as a battle harem? not really lol? its honestly just another mecha anime, mecha always have hot girls and fanservice... but i guess the show has flare that many others before didn't have, i don't really know, i usually watch the "less serious" mecha's although i don't really consider Code Geass as serious as many seem to

Good that we can have some middle ground. Let us both agree that Code Geass is a generic mecha anime and be done with it.

Sep 1, 2017 3:18 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
ARubinsky said:
EcchiKingMamster said:

Good that we can have some middle ground. Let us both agree that Code Geass is a generic mecha anime and be done with it.

i can't say its "generic" since it kinda inspired other shows lol.. but it wasn't really "revolutionary" imo

definitely follows many of the same mecha tropes though
Sep 1, 2017 4:35 PM

Nov 2011
Probably Photokano. Another generic harem with just about every cookie cutter girl in the book

Sep 1, 2017 4:36 PM

Apr 2015
Owari no Seraph. It wasn't really bad, it was just by-the-numbers.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2017 4:40 PM

Apr 2016
Sword art online. Why did this have to get an anime adaptation?!
Sep 1, 2017 4:48 PM

Dec 2016
I'll put Hundred in at 6 votes an add DanMachi as valid contenders for most generic anime ever.
Sep 1, 2017 4:49 PM
Sep 2017
Trinity seven .. good anime but so common .. pervy mc , over powered girl you want him to get with , one or two characters u wouldn't mind him getting with but rather the op girl ..
Sep 1, 2017 6:41 PM

Apr 2017
Sword Art Online and that garbage Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni

Sep 1, 2017 7:09 PM

Sep 2016
No Game No Life and Angel Beats. They weren't bad, there's just really nothing special about them. Pretty generic plot, characters and design.
Sep 1, 2017 8:26 PM

May 2010
Probably Da Capo III, reused every possible ecchi cliche in a very clumsy way. Just think of any female archetype or embarassing situation you've seen a million times before, and it most probably happened in this series as well, ugh.
Not to mention ugly artstyle and cheap animation, bad even for anime like this.
Sep 1, 2017 9:28 PM

Jan 2016
Maurice_5 said:
I don't see why people are saying SAO. Regardless of whether or not you think it's a good show, it was pretty original at the time and the production value alone is enough to save it from ever being 'generic' in my eyes.

I've got two contenders. The one I've actually finished was Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou, which... I can't even say was bad, just forgettable. Seriously, I can't remember anything that stood out about that show. The one I didn't finish was OniiAi, which I watched up to the source of the 'screams externally' gif and then dropped, safe in the knowledge that I'd gotten everything of value from the show.
It copied hack//sign's premise , so no its not original.
The word elitist is stupid since it's just used by people who can't defend their favorite shows and use it on people who criticize their favorite shows.
Sep 1, 2017 9:35 PM
Jul 2018
Isekai Smartphone.
Smartphone represents the most boring, bare-bones, elements of an isekai harem, stripping it from any possible charm or uniqueness of it, resulting in an anime so generic, it's like a satire, of generic isekai harem anime. The only logical reason anybody would like this anime, is if they've never seen another isekai harem anime.
I have never seen an anime, where the lack of any care put into it, was so obvious.
Sep 1, 2017 9:43 PM
Jul 2018
Ladies Vs Butlers. Probably the most generic harem anime ever made.
Sep 1, 2017 10:01 PM

Aug 2014
How to define generic again?
Wasn't most of the genre follow popularity?
And most of anime isn't original if you define them on the terms of depths.
The real thing about generic when it felt like a sequel or the same anime that's not related to it.
It applies to story, character,ost,art.
Maybe something like hundred? Because it's very similiar with infinite stratos both characters,story,even art. I don't felt like they even trying in terms of story and designing their character to have more different personalities for the generic genre it has.
I am not saying it's terrible but oh god,at the beginning of the story is exactly similar with infinite stratos.

I am not defending isekai smartphone but it is generic but it has difference such as "the smartphone". Remove it and there you go, the example generic anime. Otherwise even with the smartphone that barely mentioned, I cannot argue that it's pretty generic both story and characters, because there's alot example for the genre with similiar summary away from carrying a smartphone to isekai. (Maybe if they did try to make the character more interesting than being so goddamn op and very typical heroine + modified story that actually have a reason what the hell he should do with that adventure genre unless it is a slice of life then we're talking, the adventure felt like similar to Dog Days, Making it more episodic more than anything)

Now SAO wouldn't really generic in terms of story. It was like the first? I don't know and I don't really care. When you mentioned it's generic it's mainly focused on the character. Oh god kiritolord where he becomes so goddamn op, chickmagnet that used on other genres. Same with asuna, Tsundre, Useless,and basically 2D personality without development. Basically nothing interesting on both characters. I can't really remember the ost, the op/ed is quite okay and you can't really compare it unless you're dying so hard to compare over useless stuff.
Well in my opinion Issei Hyodou from "Generic harem/ecchi and shit" DxD has better character than Kirito.
Character growth and development is necessary to show that they're actually affect the progress to both side and main characters.
There's also terms of design,but by the time anime becomes more old and mainstream all characters will look similar with the older one. There's Limitation for it, and the core also depends on backgrounds; school,fantasy,slice of life, sports​,mecha, historical.
I am not sure if it's not necessary for other people but if you did remove the terms of story and characters uniqueness it'll obviously become a generic af, boring story,just all fanservice fest they can offer.

Again talking about this felt very subjective on each person perspective.
But I'll vote for hundred, its the perfect example how do you rip off another story and characters.
XaelathSep 1, 2017 10:04 PM
Sep 1, 2017 10:05 PM

Mar 2015
Black_Flower_1 said:
Maurice_5 said:
I don't see why people are saying SAO. Regardless of whether or not you think it's a good show, it was pretty original at the time and the production value alone is enough to save it from ever being 'generic' in my eyes.

I've got two contenders. The one I've actually finished was Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou, which... I can't even say was bad, just forgettable. Seriously, I can't remember anything that stood out about that show. The one I didn't finish was OniiAi, which I watched up to the source of the 'screams externally' gif and then dropped, safe in the knowledge that I'd gotten everything of value from the show.

SAO was made even before .HAck// first franchise (which is it's anime) launched (it does anounced first, but no detail on it, .hack// anounced in late 2000, SAO was first filled for ascii light novel competition in 2001, and first .hack// anime aired in 2002)... even considering that, some manga i read (like yureka) even older (first volume was released in 1999), but none of them can be considered "popular" or at least become common as stand alone story..., it's already a thing since jumanji/tron anyways, but it story complitely different than SAO...
KumaSep 1, 2017 10:12 PM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 1, 2017 10:10 PM

Nov 2009
andzalot55 said:
Sword art online. Why did this have to get an anime adaptation?!

Because it's awesome, and made the authors a lot of money.

Adonc said:
I'll put Hundred in at 6 votes an add DanMachi as valid contenders for most generic anime ever.

Lol. Danmachi is generic? Really?
C'mon, name me a few anime that are exactly like DanMachi! With moe cute boy protagonist and a bunch of women around him.

Poster27 said:
No Game No Life and Angel Beats. They weren't bad, there's just really nothing special about them. Pretty generic plot, characters and design.

Haven't seen much NGNL, but Angel Beats sure doesn't have any "generic" plot, even if the characters look like I saw them somewhere already.

Black_Flower_1 said:
Maurice_5 said:

Copied hack//sign's premise? don't make me laugh.
1) In hack//sign, there is only one kid who is stuck in a game, which is caused by magic, and the kid is in no immediate danger, only panicking.
In SAO a whole lot of people (about 10 000) are trapped in the game, they have no connections with outside world, and they are in danger of dying from in-game causes. This is caused by mad scientist terrorist.
2) SAO is everything hack//sign is not - action, romance, mystery... Most importantly, it's fun, unlike the boring crap that is hack//sign.

Maurice_5 said:
I've got two contenders. The one I've actually finished was Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou, which... I can't even say was bad, just forgettable. Seriously, I can't remember anything that stood out about that show.

The best part of Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou was not adapted to anime. It's a speech about how fiction is a great thing, near the end.
Well, Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou anime is forever going to stand as an example of rushed adaptation, because the anime crew suddenly learned they don't have enough episodes.

ThatCynicalOtaku said:
Isekai Smartphone.
Smartphone represents the most boring, bare-bones, elements of an isekai harem, stripping it from any possible charm or uniqueness of it, resulting in an anime so generic, it's like a satire, of generic isekai harem anime. The only logical reason anybody would like this anime, is if they've never seen another isekai harem anime.
I have never seen an anime, where the lack of any care put into it, was so obvious.

Lies. One thing that makes Isekai Smartphone what it is is the protagonist. Compared to bad people like Kazuma, Isekai Smartphone's MC is a breath of fresh air.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
ShockedSep 3, 2017 2:33 PM
Sep 1, 2017 10:38 PM

Jan 2016
Kuma said:
Black_Flower_1 said:

SAO was made even before .HAck// first franchise (which is it's anime) launched (it does anounced first, but no detail on it, .hack// anounced in late 2000, SAO was first filled for ascii light novel competition in 2001, and first .hack// anime aired in 2002)... even considering that, some manga i read (like yureka) even older (first volume was released in 1999), but none of them can be considered "popular" or at least become common as stand alone story..., it's already a thing since jumanji/tron anyways, but it story complitely different than SAO...
hack/sign's first episode aired at 2002 while sword art online's ln got published at 2009
The word elitist is stupid since it's just used by people who can't defend their favorite shows and use it on people who criticize their favorite shows.
Sep 1, 2017 10:44 PM

Mar 2015
Black_Flower_1 said:
Kuma said:

hack/sign's first episode aired at 2002 while sword art online's ln got published at 2009

SAO LN vol 1 stated that it was originally rough sketch made by author for ascii competition before ot was disqualified because surpassing long limit so he publish it as web novel and gaining popularity then getting physical released after got licenced..
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 1, 2017 10:46 PM

Jan 2016
flannan said:
Black_Flower_1 said:

1) In hack//sign, there is only one kid who is stuck in a game, which is caused by magic, and the kid is in no immediate danger, only panicking.
In SAO a whole lot of people (about 10 000) are trapped in the game, they have no connections with outside world, and they are in danger of dying from in-game causes. This is caused by mad scientist terrorist.
2) SAO is everything hack//sign is not - action, romance, mystery... Most importantly, it's fun, unlike the boring crap that is hack//sign
Iam pretty sure an anime with overpowered mc, plot holes, bad romance,and a forced harem is shit
Sep 1, 2017 10:48 PM

Jun 2008
Have to say Owari no Seraph is the most generic anime I've seen..
Sep 1, 2017 10:52 PM

Nov 2009
Black_Flower_1 said:
flannan said:

2) SAO is everything hack//sign is not - action, romance, mystery... Most importantly, it's fun, unlike the boring crap that is hack//sign
Iam pretty sure an anime with overpowered mc, plot holes, bad romance,and a forced harem is shit

You want to pick a fight?
SAO's MC is no more overpowered than the MCs in your favorites like Death Note and Naruto.
There are no plot holes, only viewers too dumb to think.
The romance is one of the best anime romances meant for men. Of course, I don't expect a kid like you to understand.
And the phrase "forced harem" holds no meaning.

But most importantly, "generic" does not mean "bad". Even if you somehow prove SAO is bad, it will not make it generic. It still stands tall against all competition, with no works quite like it.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» If there a Cute Guys doing cute thing would you watch it?

RedTea33 - May 9

36 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
40 seconds ago

» Will we get more anime's that reflect "Stoner Comedy"?

GoatPieceLuffy - 4 hours ago

20 by LenRea »»
4 minutes ago

» Does our opinions of characters reflect how we treat other people?

Zamus_Edits - Yesterday

14 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
8 minutes ago

» Successor to "Isekai"

NostalgiaDrive94 - Yesterday

26 by Suntanned_Duck2 »»
8 minutes ago

» Is the concept of a villain stupid?

Anjuro - 11 hours ago

30 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.