Forum Settings
Forums

What is the most generic anime you've seen?

New
Sep 1, 2017 8:10 AM

Oct 2016
The title says it all. What do you think is the most generic, the most unoriginal anime you've seen?

I'm really interested on your opinion!
Nyanpasu~
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 1, 2017 8:13 AM

Nov 2016
Sword Art Online of course. Masumune-kun no Revenge is a contender.
Sep 1, 2017 8:18 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
This question was asked like a month ago... the answer is "Hundred" looooolll
Sep 1, 2017 8:18 AM

Jan 2014
Almost everything I gave a score of 3, basically.

So for example, there's Fairy Tail, Accel World, Soul Eater NOT, Plastic Memories, Orange, Akashic Records, Masamune-kun no Revenge, Grimoire of Zero, Tyrant Lover, etc...

I've probably offended a lot of people already.
ZelevSep 1, 2017 8:58 AM

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Sep 1, 2017 8:20 AM
Sep 2016
Hundred has been done a hundred times already : V
Sep 1, 2017 8:23 AM

Oct 2012
Arcana Famiglia, as generic as it can get
Sep 1, 2017 8:32 AM

Apr 2017
Hundred. It already has 3 votes, though xD.
Sep 1, 2017 8:35 AM
VA-11 HALL-A

Aug 2014
Let's go with Koi to Uso if we're considering rom-coms because ecchi/harem/comedies are easy targets themselves.

"πšƒπš’πš–πšŽ 𝚝𝚘 πš–πš’πš‘ πšπš›πš’πš—πš”πšœ πšŠπš—πš πšŒπš‘πšŠπš—πšπšŽ πš•πš’πšŸπšŽπšœ."
β˜† π™°πš—πš’πš–πšŽ π™»πš’πšœπš β˜†
β˜† πš…π™½π™³πš‹ β˜†
β˜† π™±πšŠπšŒπš”πš•πš˜πšπšπšŽπš›πš’ β˜†
Sep 1, 2017 8:35 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Well, let's put in 4 votes for Hundred. Even I found it kind of bland and forgettable.

Sep 1, 2017 8:42 AM

Jun 2017
I would say Hibike ! Euphonium,

Besides the orchestra theme, It feels like I have already seen every character and stories. I still like though.
Sep 1, 2017 8:46 AM
Aug 2016
Akame ga Kill. Generic shounen trash that has nothing to offer.
Sep 1, 2017 8:47 AM

Nov 2016
the smartphone anime from this season?
Also all those magic academy animes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2017 8:47 AM
we back

Aug 2015
Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut

It's shit, it's shit, it's fucking shit.
Sep 1, 2017 8:51 AM

Oct 2010
The term "the most generic anime" is a bit of an oxymoron, isn't it?

Zelev said:

So for example, there's Totoro, Fairy Tail, Accel World, Soul Eater NOT, Plastic Memories, Orange, Akashic Records, Masamune-kun no Revenge, Grimoire of Zero, Tyrant Lover, etc...

Not offended, just wtfed.
Sep 1, 2017 8:58 AM

Jan 2014
jal90 said:
The term "the most generic anime" is a bit of an oxymoron, isn't it?

Zelev said:

So for example, there's Totoro, Fairy Tail, Accel World, Soul Eater NOT, Plastic Memories, Orange, Akashic Records, Masamune-kun no Revenge, Grimoire of Zero, Tyrant Lover, etc...

Not offended, just wtfed.

Yeah I included Totoro there by accident. It's not generic; it was just pointless.

Harems tend to be very generic with one-dimensional characters. Cope-paste the foundation/structure into the next harem, repeat.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
ShockedSep 3, 2017 2:32 PM

Sep 1, 2017 9:02 AM

Jul 2013
Hundred duh? 5 votes lol... Well that was a load my back. Let's be honest this is a known fact
GalacticMagnaSep 1, 2017 9:05 AM

Sep 1, 2017 9:16 AM

Apr 2017
Bleach and sword art online .. both are generic and can't offer anything

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Sep 1, 2017 9:22 AM

Jul 2014
Battle girl high school from this season. I can tolerate some really generic and boring shit but I just couldn't get through this with it's genericness and mediocrity.
'Those who like space, can't be bad people'

Sep 1, 2017 9:27 AM

Jun 2008
Sword Art Online

>Generic OP MC

>Generic HAX shounen bullshit

>Generic OST

>Generic animation

>Generic no one important dies even when the stakes are supposedly high

>Generic damsel in distress

>Generic filler episodes to pad the episode count

>Generic harem characters that are introduced and offer nothing to the "story"

>For fucks sake generic looking characters!

Sep 1, 2017 9:30 AM

Apr 2017
T A B O O

T A T T O O.....

Hero of Justice?

Unlimited Taboo Works... lel

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Sep 1, 2017 9:43 AM

Apr 2014
S-quare22 said:
bleach had the soul society arc. easily one of the best arcs from the big 3
Sep 1, 2017 9:48 AM
Jan 2015
This seasons smartphone, seriously it doesn't even have one uniqie element to it. I don't usually like to label a series bad due to being generic, but this is a clear exception and the poor production values and lame uneventful plot adds to it.
-MahesvaraSep 1, 2017 9:57 AM
My Queens

Sep 1, 2017 9:55 AM

May 2017
The UtaPri series uses the same tropes really often, however, I still watch it because of great voice acting and catchy music.
the universe has moved for us
there wasn’t even a little miss
β˜€
Sep 1, 2017 9:57 AM

Apr 2015
Akiba's Trip the Animation felt like it was made by a computer. Everything was way too safe and cookie-cutter; even the fanservice was the careful lazy blank-boobs, teasing yet making sure not to offend anybody kind of thing.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Sep 1, 2017 9:58 AM
May 2017
Asterisk War, for me.
Zelev said:

So for example, there's Fairy Tail, Accel World, Soul Eater NOT, Plastic Memories, Orange, Akashic Records, Masamune-kun no Revenge, Grimoire of Zero, Tyrant Lover, etc...

Not me. You've got good taste. Take my internet thumbs up.
Sep 1, 2017 10:06 AM

Dec 2015
Anyone who didn´t comment Ass War is fake news.
Sep 1, 2017 10:07 AM
Jul 2018
probably musaigen no phantom world. fanservice, weekly monster, plot starts the last 2 episodes, MC only male, waifus everywhere, hs setting... (not hating on it, just for the record)
removed-userSep 1, 2017 10:11 AM
Sep 1, 2017 10:09 AM
Sep 1, 2017 10:10 AM

Jan 2017
I don't see why people are saying SAO. Regardless of whether or not you think it's a good show, it was pretty original at the time and the production value alone is enough to save it from ever being 'generic' in my eyes.

I've got two contenders. The one I've actually finished was Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou, which... I can't even say was bad, just forgettable. Seriously, I can't remember anything that stood out about that show. The one I didn't finish was OniiAi, which I watched up to the source of the 'screams externally' gif and then dropped, safe in the knowledge that I'd gotten everything of value from the show.
Sep 1, 2017 10:21 AM

Jan 2016
Kaichou Wa Maid-sama, Usui is one of the worst written characters i've ever seen.
Sep 1, 2017 10:24 AM

Feb 2010
Literally anything that involves comedy and romance in equal measures.
Sep 1, 2017 10:25 AM

Apr 2016
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei is a great example, I almost killed my self while watching it. Right after comes Trinity seven, which when compared to other harems fails miserably in inducing any emotions and sending any message across.
Sep 1, 2017 10:30 AM

Jul 2015
I think Isekai Smartphone is the perfect generic package. There was no effort whatsoever to make anything standing by itself. It's as bland as a piece of Tofu.

Hundred is not generic, it is just Ecchi done wrong.

Sep 1, 2017 10:49 AM

Nov 2016
They're quite a few

Hanbun no Tsuki,Is it wrong to try to pick up girls in a dungeon ?, Eromanga-sensei, Fuuka, Masamune-kun no Revenge, smartphone isekai show.

The embodiment of generic is Guilty Crown, tho.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 1, 2017 10:54 AM

Sep 2016
Musaigen no Phantom World, DanMachi, Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry, Kyoukai no Kanata and Fairy Tail Movie 1. These aren't the worst anime I've seen, but they are the most bland anime that I've seen so far. There is absolutely nothing special about any of these.

Zelev said:

Dafuq did you just say? It's a romance anime where a human and robot develop feelings for each other. There is nothing generic about that, especially compared to other romance anime.

Sep 1, 2017 10:58 AM
May 2010
Back in the days club animes are generic and there were also lots of ecchi anime but now every issekai bullshit. This season has the smartphone.. whatever that shit's name is as the most generic anime of the season.

TL;DR probably every issekai bullshit that has aired or is airing.
Sep 1, 2017 10:59 AM

Apr 2013
Does Isekai Smartphone count? Yeah it probably does

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Sep 1, 2017 11:04 AM

Apr 2017
fairygood said:
S-quare22 said:
bleach had the soul society arc. easily one of the best arcs from the big 3

Yes that arc was good but it was illogical at the same time .. can you tell me how the fuck could ichigo beat zaraki so easily ? And i want to mention the most stupid battle in the anime history "ichigo VS byakuya" .. omg it was the most illogical shit i've ever seen .. how could he beat a captain so easily ?? Also , we all know that ichigo will rescue rukia cuz it was obvious .. i wanted some unexpectable events .. sorry but this arc is overrated

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Sep 1, 2017 11:07 AM

Jan 2014
Apoc_Revolution said:
Musaigen no Phantom World, DanMachi, Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry, Kyoukai no Kanata and Fairy Tail Movie 1. These aren't the worst anime I've seen, but they are the most bland anime that I've seen so far. There is absolutely nothing special about any of these.

Zelev said:

Dafuq did you just say? It's a romance anime where a human and robot develop feelings for each other. There is nothing generic about that, especially compared to other romance anime.

The characters were pretty generic :)

Sep 1, 2017 11:08 AM
Aug 2011
Most Fanservice and Ecchi anime are this. The best ones have actual creativity instead of generic panty shots and dull boring characters with no story.
Sep 1, 2017 11:18 AM

Sep 2016
Zelev said:
Apoc_Revolution said:

Oh, so that's why. That is something I can actually agree with (except Isla, she isn't generic), but I wouldn't call the anime itself generic since the concept of love between a human and robot is quite original.

Sep 1, 2017 11:23 AM

Jan 2013
Basically Kimi no na wa.
It's as mediocre as anime can get.
Sep 1, 2017 11:24 AM

Jan 2014
Apoc_Revolution said:
Zelev said:

Oh, so that's why. That is something I can actually agree with (except Isla, she isn't generic), but I wouldn't call the anime itself generic since the concept of love between a human and robot is quite original.

The concept of a robot developing feelings or discovering what emotions are isn't original.

Sep 1, 2017 11:30 AM

Sep 2016
Zelev said:
Apoc_Revolution said:

The concept of a robot developing feelings or discovering what emotions are isn't original.

That, is something I will never agree with.

Sep 1, 2017 11:30 AM

Sep 2014
I saw this anime called Divine Gate. It wins for being extremely generic. Almost every thing in there was predictable and it was overall a snoozefest.
Sep 1, 2017 11:35 AM

Sep 2012
Diabolik Lovers probably.

It just screams how generic it is with shoujo tag.
Sep 1, 2017 11:38 AM

Feb 2013
hinako note, a channel.. checks lots of 4 girl slice of life tropes
Sep 1, 2017 11:42 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
ARubinsky said:

Hundred is not generic, it is just Ecchi done wrong.

you obviously haven't seen any other battle harem if you're saying that.. theres a reason its been mentioned 5 times

and my penis strongly disagrees with that statement
Sep 1, 2017 11:49 AM

Oct 2015
Asterik Wars. I've seen literally every single scene and ideas from this garbage show already done better in many different titles.
KtKrSep 1, 2017 12:40 PM
Sep 1, 2017 12:05 PM

Jan 2014
Apoc_Revolution said:
Zelev said:

That, is something I will never agree with.

Eh? Do you really need proof? It's been done a bunch of times.
There's Ergo Proxy, Death Parade, Eve no Jikan, Ghost in the Shell even briefly touches on that.
There's also regular TV shows, such as the sci-fi "Dark Matter" on Netflix where they literally dedicate an entire arc to their robot.

The concept itself is not original by any means. What matters is the direction/execution. Plastic Memories had the worst execution imo.

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hentai is the worst anime genre ever created. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

66 by WatchTillTandava »»
6 seconds ago

» Is the Waifu Culture dead nowadays?

Dragevard - 20 minutes ago

1 by animegamer245 »»
6 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

56 by NightVampire »»
10 minutes ago

» Anime that low-testosterone males can't comprehend ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

60 by FanofAction »»
28 minutes ago

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - 9 hours ago

19 by SgtBateMan »»
34 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.