Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jul 24, 2017 7:59 AM
Sep 2016
Whip1asH said:
I get why trapstolfo and sumanai could have done what they did, being heroes and all but surely there could have been a better way of going around it. I mean, the whole escape plan was nonsensical, rushing out into mission impossible with a cripple. And surely sumanai's passing could have had some impact. It just felt ehhh.

Astolfo wanted to escape while the battle was going on so everyone else would be too distracted to care. The anime left out quite a lot of his interactions with the homoculus and changed things between he and his master etc.
Pretty surprised at how much I enjoyed these isolated scenes despite the cuts though. Astolfo and Siegfried are truly admirable heroes. Apo is a show I will watch just to see the characters I'm interested in animated and do their best.
Jul 24, 2017 8:14 AM

Aug 2008
This was amazingly bad. I was thinking about watching it for Jeanny and some shit getting destroyed but battles are so terribly bland and uninspired and character motives and actions are so painfully stupid it's almost unwatchable. True is has been a very long time since I saw it but I think FS/N anime was more enjoyable to watch and less cringey despite garbage like "people die if they are killed".
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jul 24, 2017 8:35 AM
Jul 2016
I was a little saddened about the fact that Siegfried is gone forever now, I really liked his character design and his nobility showed right up until the end, him finding it paramount to help others even in his past life. I suppose I should wait and see what the homonuclus is capable of, along with Jeanne. Still more interested in Shiro and Semiramis.
Jul 24, 2017 9:18 AM

Feb 2014
Damn, Siegfred's gone....
A saviour till the end.
The one who gave it all.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jul 24, 2017 9:20 AM

Feb 2015
Rider of red was helping a homonclus to escape
Saber of red and rider of red got into fight.
Saber of red betrayed his own master
Saber of red sacrifice himself to the homonclus by transferring his heart to him
Ruler appeared and she will be protecting the boy from now on

and if i remember in the first episode ruler woke up a dragon ?
wtf is going on ? this confused me. but it's a good episode either way. not that impressive but i can say it's at least good.
Jul 24, 2017 9:21 AM

Mar 2014
Daniel_Naumov said:
And the opening scene where Siegfried and Mordred fight,... it is impossible now, even behind the scenes.

Oh boy, it's possible. It's called magic! ;)
No srsly....just wait. They will explain / show it later.
Jul 24, 2017 9:41 AM

Sep 2012
I'm not enjoying the fights so far, but all the butthurt over Siegfried's actions here makes no sense.
He's like Lancer from F/Z, he had nothing he wanted from the Grail, but something he wanted to accomplish on his own. He saw the opportunity there, so what? He had to live on and fight for the Grail just because reasons?

Haven't read the novel yet because it's not fully translated, but I guess the fights aren't good there either, as this isn't just a matter of animation or coreography, but how the characters do it. Not anywhere near the strategizing of F/Z and F/SN so far.
Jul 24, 2017 10:06 AM

May 2009
From what I've seen in this tread, this episode is getting some hate. Nevertheless I really liked it. Especially Astolfo and Siegfried, but it was nice to actually see new servants too.

I agree on the fights, though. They aren't as memorable as I'd hope they would be. But I guess that they'll get better as the story progresses.
Jul 24, 2017 10:14 AM
Nov 2015
This was so boring.
Jul 24, 2017 10:18 AM

Aug 2008
Looks like people are hell bent on killing the meaning of word "hate" after the demise of "epic". I doubt there's more than a handful people among everyone who've seen this episode who hate it. You have to very invested and care about something to hate it. It's just a fucking anime, nobody hates it, they just don't like it or point out how crappy it is.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jul 24, 2017 10:34 AM

May 2015
Finally Siegfriend punched this stupid master.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 24, 2017 10:59 AM

Jul 2015
Just so you guys know how much rushed this anime is being, 4 episodes for a whole volume seriously A-1?
Jul 24, 2017 11:28 AM

Sep 2015
Pretty sad when Siegfried died, didn't expect it to be this early.
Jul 24, 2017 11:40 AM

Jul 2007
alstreim14 said:
Just so you guys know how much rushed this anime is being, 4 episodes for a whole volume seriously A-1?

That's not rushed that's more than the norm. A volume is usually around 3 episodes.
Jul 24, 2017 12:14 PM
Jan 2015
Daniel_Naumov said:
K so when did servants get to inflict harm upon their masters? Just like that?.
They can, didn't you watch UBW, where there was multiple cases where this occured.
The only thing that could stop them is a command seal.

OT: Enjoyed the episode, I liked the chemistry between Atalanta and Achilles. The action was fairly decent. What Astoflo and Seigfried did this episode are completely in line with how their characters work so I had no problem with the turn out, though it could have been done a little better to give a more emotional impact, but I can look over that for now since we are still in the early stages of the series.
My Queens

Jul 24, 2017 12:24 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
an interesting episode

Hmm red beserker really looks like a lunatic thats escaped from the cell that was holding him. Red archer seems to be a pretty calm and composed person like her opposite number. It seems neither red archer or lancer have met their masters eh. So this attack by red beserker was more of a test to determine the enemies response eh. Though neither seem to want to be here observing beserker its nice to see the red faction start to make their moves. Compared to Black beserker who has a kinder side to her Red beserker looks like a experiment gone wrong. Still i like the fact that black rider thought of diplomacy first though. Its nice that we get to see Black riders capabilities though. It was funny watching Rider's speeches get interrupted every time. Rider really has a cute personality though thats for sure. So Gordes wants to show his skill that much eh. Sending both beserker and saber to deal with rider eh. As expected Red rider is strong. Red Rider and archer seem to have some good teamwork there. Gordes is such a control freak though. Good thing he was stopped though because using the ultimate ability against one person is such a waste. Apart from Gordes it looks like everyone else seems to be obeying the chain of command quite well. Black archer sure is one hell of an archer though. Red rider's chariot is impressive. This first skirmish was pretty interesting though.

So i guess Sieg's escape was noticed after all. So he's worried that he won't be able to make much of an impact on the world eh. Rider has such a caring and kind personality though. To think that Rider will be willing to fight her own side to save Sieg though thats pretty surprising. Rider's conviction stems from her backstory eh. But man her conviction is pretty strong. Still it is nice that Rider is helping Sieg because she wants to though. The fact that there is infighting among the two sides does indicate that this war is different than others. The sight of Sieg knocked out is reminding saber of his past life eh. Hmm wow never expected saber to disobey his master but man that was a well deserved punch. For ruler to come upon this scene though. Wow never expected black saber to sacrifice himself to save Sieg though. I think we were all surprised by this turn of events. Sabers one wish was to be able to help someone on his own free will eh. A noble wish actually. Its nice that sabers last wish was to give Sieg a free life though. If anything it was Gordes that didn't deserve someone as great as saber in the first place. Siegfried was a kind hero till the end eh. So starts the tale of Sieg and his bond with ruler eh.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 24, 2017 12:30 PM

Mar 2012
I've read the light novel up to the end of volume 4, and I've liked it so I don't have much to complain about the source material itself.

The adaptation though proves to be bad with every new episode. I already got that 25 episodes is not enough to have 5 LN volumes adapted with quality and it might be necessary to rush things here and there. But A-1 rushes the scenes that should be kept as unrushed as possible, and misses some important plot/character points in result.

To be precise, I was very disappointed by the way they depicted Kaziklu Bei. Right after Vlad voiced his NP, it WAS NOT even shown what happened to Spartacus, they just showed his blade that was about to hit Vlad in the face. I felt it was wrong as hell. Still, I have a very slight hope that A-1 might improve this scene with the BDs. It feels even more disappointing to the people who read the manga where this scene was depicted just stunningly.

Achilles/Siegfried fight and the following Balmung activation felt unnecessarily rushed to me.

The fact that A-1 skipped the scene where Jeanne arrived to the church (or whatever it was) in Trifas was kinda stupid, too.

I was surprised that by changing the source material in some way, A-1 did a great job as well. For example, getting Siegfried to explain his motives in the end was really necessary. Also, Jeanne's oath to protect Sieg makes her future connection to Sieg much more meaningful.

I admit that this adaptation has some obvious flaws, but I try to appreciate it as much as possible because, most likely, it is the only adaptation that F/A gets. Looking forward to the second volume animated. Hopefully, they will not finish it sooner than episode 10.
Jul 24, 2017 12:37 PM

Aug 2015
Seriously, what the fuck is up with these idiots? Apparently the most stupid actions are the first taken in this universe.
Jul 24, 2017 12:45 PM

Nov 2009
Well this was a random development. Adios generic silver haired moody sword dude, we hardly knew ye. But hey I guess this is just par for the course considering this is Fate after all...

Daniel_Naumov said:
I am glad Siegfried has no regrets, but I can't say the same about myself.

Yeah, you probably shouldn't force yourself to watch it. I, personally am just looking forward to the supposedly trainwreck that will ensue soon where things will get a lot worse better. It's the same approach I did with Hand shakers and I'm having a blast so far.
Jul 24, 2017 1:08 PM
May 2013
I'm convinced that I won't enjoy the OP song, worst Egoist song so far, but at least the ED is good.
Siegfried you are useless... "sumanai".
Maaya Sakamoto sure gets the best roles.
Jul 24, 2017 1:16 PM

Jul 2007
-Mahesvara said:
Daniel_Naumov said:
K so when did servants get to inflict harm upon their masters? Just like that?.
They can, didn't you watch UBW, where there was multiple cases where this occured.
The only thing that could stop them is a command seal.

Slight correction:
Jul 24, 2017 2:37 PM

May 2015
Siegfried dying such an early death, RIP. Way too unfortunate.

Jul 24, 2017 3:08 PM

Jul 2009
A bit of a shitpost but I feel this has to be posted.

Jul 24, 2017 4:19 PM

Jan 2015
So why did Seigfried's master lose two seals when giving the attack command?
Jul 24, 2017 4:45 PM

Nov 2014
He used 1 to issue the command to use NP, then a second to cancel the first command.
Jul 24, 2017 6:26 PM

May 2014
Astolfo is just the best little thing, I swear.

Also, I was definitely not expecting Siegfried to die this early on, and through self sacrifice too. But hey, who knew I'd be cheering for someone to actually make a "selfish" choice...after a whole lifetime of doing everything for other people, the guy actually took a stand.

I guess that homunculus' name makes sense now though...I'm pretty sure he's called Sieg.

Great to see the Archer and Rider of Rec too...I love Achilles. He's basically Cu Chulainn mixed with Iskandar and a little bit of Gilgamesh thrown in for good measure. Which is great, because they're my favorite Fate characters!

So now team Black have no Saber, but are gonna have two Berserkers? This really is a weird Grail war.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 24, 2017 7:29 PM

Nov 2014
Whip1asH said:
A bit of a shitpost but I feel this has to be posted.

Sumanai, I'm a dragon slayer but I can't kill dragons. Sumanai.
Jul 24, 2017 7:29 PM

Dec 2015
I'm looking forward to more Achilles action!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jul 24, 2017 8:08 PM

Apr 2007
I'm surprised to see Siegfried die already, but at least the name of our Homunculous makes sense now. The other highlight of the episode was Achillies. How is he not in FGO? He seems like such a lovable bastard.

So far it seems like it's the characters that are going to carry this series. Which I can deal with because most of them are fairly awesome already.
Jul 24, 2017 9:15 PM

Jun 2013
shit no Siegfried
Jul 24, 2017 9:39 PM

Aug 2014
Monochrome said:
How is he not in FGO? He seems like such a lovable bastard.

well he technically is
Jul 24, 2017 10:43 PM

Oct 2008
OMG! what a very nice episode! i'm really liking the ED of GARNiDELiA!
Kuro no Saber has his own free will and a very kind hero that disobeys his master and even sacrificed himself to save Sieg!
OST is glorious once again!
5/5.

Jul 25, 2017 12:20 AM

Nov 2016
can what seigfried did
be the same thing that archer kind of did to emiya
SoulRainXJul 25, 2017 2:03 AM
Jul 25, 2017 12:37 AM

Aug 2010
@BlazeSoulReaperX Please spoiler tag that.

Monochrome said:

Probably because he's too afraid of Berserker of Eldorado. He knows he'll be slaughtered the moment he sets a foot in Chaldea :p
Jul 25, 2017 1:24 AM
Oct 2014
Shit...Achilles is great both personality and his power
and finally archer vs archer battle that use archer
BTW is it only me or Sieg appearance changed a bit after he got revived?
His face looks more like Siegfried or so...
Jul 25, 2017 2:05 AM

Nov 2016
astroprogs said:

Monochrome said:

Probably because he's too afraid of Berserker of Eldorado. He knows he'll be slaughtered the moment he sets a foot in Chaldea :p

why do i have to spoiler it when other talked about what seigfried did
Jul 25, 2017 2:22 AM
Oct 2015
To be honest I was expecting the two saber classes to fight just like what the first episode displayed us with.
Heckle was here...
Jul 25, 2017 3:20 AM

Mar 2013
Lol just like that Seigfried dies? Wow. Too early in the game. Why is Suwabe always have to voice poor luck servants in the fate franchise T_T

I didn't like how the homunculus got Seigfried's power. Not one bit >_>
Although it made me respect Astolfo and Seigfried's actions.
Jul 25, 2017 4:07 AM

Feb 2014
That berserkerk died too easily, I thought he would give some difficulties to the black as the red archer and lancer were worried about he using his Noble phantasm
Jul 25, 2017 4:25 AM
Mar 2013
And there he is. The answer to not being able to write an interesting main character and still getting pussy MC meets best girl (not astoflo)

Also didn't like how Vlads Kazikli Bey was animated. It wasn't even shown! I dunno if it its supposed to be accurate compared to FGO but I prefer that. He literally shoots stakes and also guts outta his body in the game.

Jul 25, 2017 4:43 AM

Mar 2009
Siegfried was kind of cool, so it's a shame to see him go. I sure hope this homunculus character is interesting enough after a big sacrifice like that.
Jul 25, 2017 5:53 AM

Nov 2016
Best episode yet.

Had to lol @ Astolfos attack name "TRAP of Argalia" xD

The action scenes and the OSTs were pretty good.

Highlight was Sigfrieds sacrifice, that was really moving.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 25, 2017 7:08 AM

Aug 2010
BlazeSoulReaperX said:
astroprogs said:

I didn't mean the Apocrypha part, I meant the Heaven's Feel part.
Jul 25, 2017 8:51 AM

Jul 2015
Fai said:
alstreim14 said:

That's not rushed that's more than the norm. A volume is usually around 3 episodes.

Fate/Zero was 5 for the first volume, 6 if we count the 48 minutes episode as two.

The amount of episodes depends of the story, but they clearly didn't choose the best approach, there's a lot of characters/background introduced in the first volume of Apocrypha and the fights, although none is decisive, is way deeper than those flashbacks. Even the start of Fate/Stay Night is better than Apocrypha's.

Jul 25, 2017 9:32 AM

Jul 2013
StardustReverie said:
Total shit, spartacus is the only good part of this episode.
It don't take jannu's foresight to see that the MC will become a major mary sue. Already we have: Pink tranny rescuing him for some incomprehensible reason ("CUZ I WANTED TO LMAO") and a random passerby decides to sacrifice himself for no reason at all.

Yeah exactly, I mean, there are no interaction AT ALL between siegfried and the homonculus. Do siegfried really needed to randomly sacrifice himself for a random stranger? The homonculus just got hit a bit by the fat guy's magic, by the look of it, it doesn't seem fatal.

"Sieg sacrifice himself because he's a true hero" is too random for me.
Even his 'sumanai' characters in FGO is better than here lel
Jul 25, 2017 12:09 PM

Jul 2007
alstreim14 said:
Fai said:

Fate/Zero was 5 for the first volume, 6 if we count the 48 minutes episode as two.

The amount of episodes depends of the story, but they clearly didn't choose the best approach, there's a lot of characters/background introduced in the first volume of Apocrypha and the fights, although none is decisive, is way deeper than those flashbacks. Even the start of Fate/Stay Night is better than Apocrypha's.

This is not fate zero and this does not have depth of fate zero's. Adapting it even slower would kill the pacing completely.
Jul 25, 2017 12:14 PM

Nov 2016
astroprogs said:
BlazeSoulReaperX said:

I didn't mean the Apocrypha part, I meant the Heaven's Feel part.

ok i was talking about how in ubw how archer repaired shiro's magic network after he used trace on for the first time. i know nothin about what happens in heavens feel
Jul 25, 2017 12:58 PM

Jul 2007
Code_Lies said:
StardustReverie said:
Total shit, spartacus is the only good part of this episode.
It don't take jannu's foresight to see that the MC will become a major mary sue. Already we have: Pink tranny rescuing him for some incomprehensible reason ("CUZ I WANTED TO LMAO") and a random passerby decides to sacrifice himself for no reason at all.

Yeah exactly, I mean, there are no interaction AT ALL between siegfried and the homonculus. Do siegfried really needed to randomly sacrifice himself for a random stranger? The homonculus just got hit a bit by the fat guy's magic, by the look of it, it doesn't seem fatal.

"Sieg sacrifice himself because he's a true hero" is too random for me.
Even his 'sumanai' characters in FGO is better than here lel

The funniest part is that Siegfried technically was one of the most interesting and strongest servants due to lore. And he is wasted because LN-MC-Kun has to be relevant.

BlazeSoulReaperX said:

ok i was talking about how in ubw how archer repaired shiro's magic network after he used trace on for the first time.

1. It was not first time. he tried to do stuff like that all the time.
2. Anyone really could have done what Archer did there so no it is not the same. He just opened up blocked pathways.
Jul 25, 2017 2:46 PM

Oct 2012
Ok, so now we "FGO" break the rules and piss on the lore too? Good work!
Whole episode was kinda ridiculous but that horrible attempt to get viewers emotional at the end was even worse.

What are these fights even for if the anime can't deliver proper motivations?
Jul 25, 2017 4:23 PM

Apr 2012
Code_Lies said:

Yeah exactly, I mean, there are no interaction AT ALL between siegfried and the homonculus. Do siegfried really needed to randomly sacrifice himself for a random stranger?

To be fair, it is often seen as more heroic to sacrifice yourself for a stranger, that's pure altruism, like how Kiritsugu saved and devoted the rest of his life to raising a random kid he never interacted with before. It wouldn't be as heroic if you were just helping out your friends and family rather than out of principles of chivalry/whatever honor code the hero abides by.

Also reminds me a lot of Karna's lore, where he would give charity to just about any stranger needing it, even at great costs to himself.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» A Guide to Fate/Apocrypha

OneBetta - Mar 14

2 by OneBetta »»
Mar 14, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2017

97 by TheBiggestAm »»
Mar 9, 7:31 PM

» Who is your favorite character from Apocrypha?

Omarumba - Feb 25

28 by Manthors »»
Mar 1, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2017

278 by PirateHasan »»
Jan 5, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

86 by PirateHasan »»
Dec 28, 2023 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.