Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Granblue Fantasy
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 24, 2017 8:18 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well this episode was more a fan service episode and with a story about "what if" Even if it was funny, I was waiting to give us more information about the story.

Well, if we want to continue the story we will need to start playing the game. The story an animation was oki but I really wanted to see more

Jun 24, 2017 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
Wow, they saved the beach episode at this late. I suppose the show really wanted to take some time to relax at long last. Obviously, this episode had the most fan service compared to the others. Personally, I think it's a weird place to place this episode considering the season is ending.

Katalina seems to feel somewhat shy about her swimsuit.

This episode felt more like an OVA tbh even with some bits of action...
Jun 24, 2017 8:56 AM

Feb 2015
Don't be surprised if there's a sequel to this. BD sales were very very good. Plus Cygames has tons of cash
Jun 24, 2017 8:57 AM

May 2008
Haha. to people who complain about no Djeeta in this anime:
Your long awaited Djeeta appearance is here. *angel emoji*
Jun 24, 2017 9:25 AM

Apr 2010
Gran turned into a girl, and a cute one at that.
Or better said we rolled female during this episode and she seems a bit more capable to Gran when it comes the gathering crewmen.
This episode just made me wonder why we could not enjoy Djeeta for the entire anime, Gran wasn't bad but i definitely prefer Djeeta.
It was also nice too see many of the other characters during this episode we missed them during the most of the anime after all.

Also Katalina was hot during this episode it was really nice to see her like that.
Jun 24, 2017 10:13 AM

Apr 2016
They replaced the main character with Djeeta for some fan service...
The whole show is ruined in the last episode...Extremely disappointed

Jun 24, 2017 10:15 AM

May 2012
Wow, Djeeta got way luckier with her rolls, huh? Unless Gran's saving up to do them all in one go.

Oh man, this episode was all kinds of great though. Djeeta's a plain badass, we got swimsuit fanservice, there was also lotsa cute moments like the scene with Lyria eating which btw was god damn adorable.

And... Gran got cucked in the ED LOL

With how well it sold and with it just being Cygames, I'm hoping for another season in the near future.

Jun 24, 2017 10:18 AM

Dec 2014
Swim Suit Fest as our finale, I approve. XD

I honestly love how they decided to use Djeeta instead of Gran since it was going to be a fan service episode, well played! XD
I actually really liked Djeeta from just this one episode, she seems real sweet. :P

Lot of characters that cameo'd in previous episode are in the crew this episode, truly a fan service episode in every regard. Well who can say no to more swimsuits? :3

Overall, a pretty fun show. I thought we had 14 episodes but looks like I was mistaken. I haven't played the game so I guess a lot of the fan service and new character cameo's sorta passed over my ahead but despite everything the show was quite entertaining. I really love all the diverse locations that the crew traveled too, we really didn't go too in depth into the story but that's understandable considering they probably can't put in a full fledged game plot into a 1 cour show. Characters were pretty charming, too bad we didn't get introduced to all the characters, a lot of them caught my eye but apart from our main group most of them only got a little cameo. I don't know if I'll ever play the game but I sure will watch an S2 if there is one.

7/10
Jun 24, 2017 10:21 AM

Jun 2015
This episode made me very confused. I had no idea what's going on. The crew got bigger. Gran got replaced by a girl. There was stupid fan service. This was a dumb way to end a show.
Jun 24, 2017 10:22 AM

Nov 2015
Djeeta is very well, in anime version, a difference of Great. For me

But they might have changed the opening a bit, to put the female avatar, rather than the male avatar. For this semi special episode.

Nos leemos
Kerveros_ZeroJun 24, 2017 10:27 AM
Jun 24, 2017 10:39 AM

Sep 2015
joshua10red said:

The series ended last week, this is an extra.
Jun 24, 2017 10:52 AM
Jul 2016
Lelouch0202 said:
I thought we had 14 episodes but looks like I was mistaken.

Then it will not have 14 episodes like in http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2017-04-02/granblue-fantasy-the-animation-series-listed-at-14-episodes/.114250?
Jun 24, 2017 10:54 AM

May 2010
lol they really do such an episode for the finale :D i approve! 7/10

im hoping the granblue fantasy game is coming to the west.
Jun 24, 2017 11:00 AM

Sep 2013
Djeeta takes over Gran's role and gets way more crew :O
It was nice seeing them on vacation and some ice quest but I grew to like Gran, I hope they don't replace him for season 2 :'(
Jun 24, 2017 11:04 AM

Apr 2016
Nayout said:
joshua10red said:

Is listed as 13 eps so this ep is part of the anime... If this ep was an OVA or a spin-off i wouldn't complain, but since the first 12 eps had Gran as MC, replacing him in the last ep is so bad

Jun 24, 2017 11:07 AM

Aug 2016
I am not familiar with this game and I can only assume that apparently you can choose a female or male main character or whatever. But this would have been better of as an special or OVA and felt totally out of place :(

I was hooked onto the pre-aired first two episodes but each episode there was a drop "for the worst" (beside the fuwa-fuwa moments between Lyria and Gran and this epic "we save Lyria from her inner doubts-moments"). I was waiting for a bit of a wrap up in ep 13 (if there was a preview I haven't viewed it sorry) but this episode leaves me with a very bitter and unsatisfied taste and the urge to even give a lower rater I have already given...Sigh.

But at least, after constant "do I continue to watch" after ep. 5 or so, it finally has an end. I feel so sorry for this anime since I love the animation style and I apparently cannot appreciate it like I am supposed to. I hate potential that has been destroyed by bad direction.

So...if there's ever a 2nd season happing it will be happening without me ^^''
Jun 24, 2017 11:08 AM

May 2008

it have 14 episodes. i heard the 14th will be blu-ray/dvd exclusive.

7 blu-ray/dvds. each volume containing two episodes = 14 total.

source: http://anime.granbluefantasy.jp/bddvd/07.html
Jun 24, 2017 11:11 AM
Jul 2016
Psyche_Izaya said:

But in http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=addanime&edit=11597 dorainam said "most likely a special episode,
as now on TV will be only 13 episodes" and linked http://cal.syoboi.jp/tid/4468/time
Jun 24, 2017 11:21 AM
Sep 2014
He he he... sooo for the last episode they gave protagonist boobs so we may have fanservice-beach themed episode. For the same reason they added a bunch of female characters to the crew. Combine with the fact that in the last episode they showed a bunch of characters that are ( I guess) popular in the game just to sent a message ''Our game is awesome".

For these alone the overall score of animation went down from 5 to 3. Good job!

Yea I knew that this ''anime" was just a longer advertisement, but this is simply too much.-_-
Jun 24, 2017 11:30 AM

May 2008
Goodanime20 said:
Psyche_Izaya said:

But in http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=addanime&edit=11597 dorainam said "most likely a special episode,
as now on TV will be only 13 episodes" and linked http://cal.syoboi.jp/tid/4468/time

yes, ANN didn't mention that the tv series have 14 eps. they said the Blu-ray/DVDs listed a total of 14 episodes.
so both of them aren't wrong.
Jun 24, 2017 11:36 AM

Apr 2011
THE GRANBLUE MEMES ARE OVERLOFWING AHAHHA

Jun 24, 2017 11:40 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The before episode was nice, but this return to the "boring" adventure!!
i thinkwe will watch a second season, but i hope to the next year xD

6/10 for this irregular season....
Jun 24, 2017 11:57 AM

Sep 2015
So damn nice to see another heroine of the game Djeeta, and her "pulls" are much better than Gran lol. Those who play the game been mad about no Djeeta, now their dream comes true:)

This no doubt one of the best episode ever.
Jun 24, 2017 12:22 PM

Aug 2016
Tempus36 said:
He he he... sooo for the last episode they gave protagonist boobs so we may have fanservice-beach themed episode. For the same reason they added a bunch of female characters to the crew. Combine with the fact that in the last episode they showed a bunch of characters that are ( I guess) popular in the game just to sent a message ''Our game is awesome".

For these alone the overall score of animation went down from 5 to 3. Good job!

Yea I knew that this ''anime" was just a longer advertisement, but this is simply too much.-_-

I feel you, the whole anime made me so angry and the last episode especially....
Jun 24, 2017 12:30 PM

Jun 2013
Good god almighty, so much bitching here
The main story ended last week, this was just a fun little extra story showing the Female Version of Gran.

Overall great series
9/10
Jun 24, 2017 12:40 PM

Aug 2015
So am I to understand that Gran is male MC and Djeeta is female MC? Makes sense now. I mean, this so came out of nowhere that I had several possible explanations the whole episode until I remembered that the source was a game...
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Jun 24, 2017 12:45 PM

Sep 2015
joshua10red said:
Nayout said:

Is listed as 13 eps so this ep is part of the anime... If this ep was an OVA or a spin-off i wouldn't complain, but since the first 12 eps had Gran as MC, replacing him in the last ep is so bad

Oh come on guys.
This happens by not seeing the complete episodes

"Extra1"
NayoutJun 24, 2017 12:49 PM
Jun 24, 2017 1:19 PM
Jul 2018
I think unlike Eromanga Sensei where I felt like fun while the ending felt like an OVA, this however feels more of an OVA because aside from going from scratch and re-telling the story with much faster pacing and having fanservice. It just feels off for me though... Not bad but, it's just off for me. I prefer to just put that as something different or as its separated thing.

Other than that, overall this series was pretty good with the exception of Episode 13. I'll still keep the 8/10 because I still really like it though. I still did. But in the end by comparison to the stuff I watched today and finished... this is rather lacking.
Jun 24, 2017 1:26 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Tony_SansNom said:
So am I to understand that Gran is male MC and Djeeta is female MC? Makes sense now. I mean, this so came out of nowhere that I had several possible explanations the whole episode until I remembered that the source was a game...

It's canonical within the game that it's a multiverse. There are many different alternate timelines and when you are fighting a raid you are likely fighting against a boss summoned from an alternate universe in which it was not defeated/captured by the main party.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 24, 2017 1:45 PM

Aug 2015
wakka9ca said:
Tony_SansNom said:

It's canonical within the game that it's a multiverse. There are many different alternate timelines and when you are fighting a raid you are likely fighting against a boss summoned from an alternate universe in which it was not defeated/captured by the main party.

Ooh I see, thanks.
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Jun 24, 2017 2:17 PM
Oct 2015
Can someone explain what happened to gran, I'm a little confused because now some girl named djeeta is taking his place and it made me extremely confused because she hasn't been mentioned at all in the anime until ep 13 so it's like she randomly took grans place and they characters don't know who gran is anymore.
Jun 24, 2017 2:21 PM
Jan 2017
Sooo... we are all ok to say this ep is completly useless?

Well... reused frames, no plot avancement, and just... why is there fanservice? there wasn't any in the whole serie and just... I don't know what to say about that except it disapointing and it shouldn't be

It"s too bad cause the rest of the serie was just fantastic
Jun 24, 2017 2:22 PM
Oct 2016
Id like if dkeeta was grans sister or so and they both were in the anime ^○^
Jun 24, 2017 2:31 PM

Jun 2017
This honestly feels like a massive slap in the face.

We could have had super yuri route but nooooooooooo, "we gotta use self insert male because of marketing, even when 80% of players use Djeeta".

I'm going to hope that S2 fixes this........
Jun 24, 2017 3:17 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
This episode was a odd one but at the same time also a fun one. Replacing the main character with an entirely new character and then telling the tale of this series with her as the mc felt a bit odd but at the same time this episode also gave the many support characters that appeared in the last episode more screen time and roles which i felt was good. Plus i thought ending the series at a beach vacation was nice move. It was funny seeing the empire being shown as ice thieves here lol. Though the theme for this episode was relaxation it was nice that there was a fight against the empire though but lol to think that the empire were stealing ice here though. But anyway at least the cast had one last bash against the empire though as the series ended though. The scene where Katalina had to cover Lyria's eyes as her allies charged into the empire's forces was hillarious. It was nice that we get to see all the female characters that came last episode get featured here though. It would have been a waste if they were just in one episode though. Nice end to the series though.

Its like in this version of events Djeeta completely replaced Gran as the main character though. Hmm so i guess in this timeline all the heroes that fought in that last battle eventually joined their crew eh. Well at least Rosetta joined the crew in this timeline. Lol Dejeeta behaves and acts like a female version of Gran. Well this episode at least provided a great opportunity to see not just the main cast girls be in swimsuits but also the many female warriors that showed up last episode in one as well. Still it was cute seeing the other girls push Djeeta to wear a swimsuit though. Lol the girls expressions as they saw Djeeta try on different ones though. Lol it was watching Yggdrasil make a giant sand statue of Vyrn though. Though she can't talk it was funny seeing her wave so excitedly though. Its nice that even she's enjoying her vacation here. Lol Katalina really isn't used to wearing a swimsuit eh. Lol i guess thats one way of using the colossus but thats the last thing i expected him to be used for though.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 24, 2017 3:44 PM

Dec 2011
Finally, Djeeta!

Two minutes in and I already think Djeeta >>>>>> Gran, really should have made her as the MC, but oh well.

I want whatever Djeeta used to improve the luck when drawing the characters. All those SSR and summer versions...

Tbh, this episode is more of fanservice to the ones who play the game. The ones who don't will understandably get confused. Just take this episode as the one in another universe/timeline.

But seriously though... the difference in strength between Djeeta and Gran... XD
Jun 24, 2017 4:10 PM

May 2011
A lot of people fail to understand that this is an extra episode not related to the main story. The main point was to show "what if we used Djeeta as MC instead of Gran".

Most of the game players didn't like the decisiion of Gran being MC instead of DJeeta, also the studio wanted to have both as MCs but Cygames (the game company) refused.

In my opinion, Gran has made this show pretty generic and having DJeeta or DJeeta+Gran would have made the show better. This episode is great for the game fans, also summer gacha is coming soon so ofc they wanted a fanservice ep showcasing the upcoming swimsuit characters (probably next week?).
Jun 24, 2017 4:58 PM

Jul 2007
The only good episode in the whole show because vanillaboy is gone and the one who should have been MC is there.

Frankly this felt more like a punch in the gut relegating the femprotag to basically what amounts to a comedy omake. Oh Japan and your hatred of female characters....Next up on the ride of sexism - Extella/Zero anime original show masquareding as Fate Extra adaptation in the fall with nasu's hateboner against female protagonists.

5/10 for the show overall. Great arstyle, some nice action, yet completely braindead handling of everything else. Of course the source material is nothing to write home about but Bahamut has proven already that you can elevate the source material in anime adaptation to something grand. Bahamut this is not.

This could have been great fantasy work(and we are lacking in actual genuine pure fantasy shows nowadays) with few adjustments and female mc. Alas we got what we got. Quite dull albeit pretty advert for a game.
AhenshihaelJun 24, 2017 5:05 PM
Jun 24, 2017 5:24 PM

Mar 2016
Hammm? Fan Service? O.o

And... who the fuck is she?

I'm lost... -.-

Besides that, it was an Ok episode I guess!? The Empire now is much more stupid or something like that?
Anyways...
This episode had at least 2 very funny moments:

I don't think Lyria got the joke :DDDD

Katalina... Hoooh Katalina... *She's so hot!* [Marry me... <3]
azertz99Jun 30, 2017 12:22 PM
Jun 24, 2017 5:41 PM

Nov 2007
I think of this episode as a recap + umi da
Jun 24, 2017 6:12 PM

Dec 2016
I like the new opening animations.

Wasn't expecting Djeeta to appear in this.

Haha that was funny when Katalina looked like she was about ot pose for those 3 guys then all of a sudden brings out a sword and looks menacing.

Pretty good episode to finish off.

Hope to get another season.

Wondering if the appearance of Djeeta means that there could be a spin-off?
Jun 24, 2017 6:33 PM
May 2015
they could of had a great ending with gran and everyone but they messed up by doing a fan service thing that no one really liked
Jun 24, 2017 8:36 PM

May 2014
audac1ous said:
they could of had a great ending with gran and everyone but they messed up by doing a fan service thing that no one really liked

no one really liked?
are you sure about that?
Jun 24, 2017 10:54 PM

Jul 2007
audac1ous said:

You DO know that majority of players use and prefer Djeeta over Gran right? One of most common questions people have is "how and when can I finally change out my protagonist for a superior one?"

If anything this episode had elements that could have made this show more popular had the writers not gone with "safe" choice of protagonist.

azertyY said:

And... who the fuck is she?

Another protagonist, Djeeta. Pretty much a different choice than Gran and the character that most of players expected to have been in this show instead of Gran, considering she is way more popular than he is.
AhenshihaelJun 24, 2017 11:34 PM
Jun 24, 2017 11:37 PM

Nov 2016
ive got to learn to either play the game some animes are based on or watch youtube videos of said game so i dont almost freak the hell out
Jun 25, 2017 12:36 AM
Jul 2016
Wow... Amazing fantasy anime. I Very like' at last episode so fantastic .I'm really looking forward to the next season to fix it.
Jun 25, 2017 2:44 AM

Nov 2011
No bad swimsuits! I liked their design. Of this anime series, but I really liked the costume design, design color and opening, too. History is not bad, but the narrative was to be much more exciting and thrilling. I'm very impressed by the character of Djeeta.
I did not realize that Sierokarte was a girl. XD

6.5/10
Jun 25, 2017 3:05 AM
Jul 2018
What the actual fuck? Was that girl gender bender of Gran? Where is he? Where did he disappear/go?
Jun 25, 2017 4:04 AM
Sep 2016
yuliyana29 said:
What the actual fuck? Was that girl gender bender of Gran? Where is he? Where did he disappear/go?
This is the 13th episode, but an "Extra" episode.

The game allows you to pick either Gran or Djeeta, the latter being the female protagonist of the story.

This "extra" episode is set as if Djeeta was the MC.

just that.
Jun 25, 2017 4:38 AM

Apr 2015
Gran is the "free" player who invest minimal time and basically no money, while Djeeta is the "kakin" player who spent countless hours and cash into the game.

Yeah...
No kakin no win, such is life.
befriend (v.): To violently attack someone with very dangerous and extremely powerful blasts of magical pink light until your target sees the validity of your viewpoint.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2017

54 by Fate_warrior95 »»
Apr 20, 12:10 AM

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 13, 2017

42 by ArtemisMeiko »»
Jan 27, 1:25 AM

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2017

103 by LeoTWW »»
Jan 6, 5:27 PM

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2017

88 by Alvie48xi »»
Mar 4, 2023 5:40 AM

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2017

35 by Alvie48xi »»
Mar 4, 2023 2:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.