Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 21, 2018 12:10 AM

Jan 2014
I enjoyed Tatsuya superior military magic. but this movie lacks of combat fight. I want to see more of Tatsuya in magic combat rather than problem solving like this.
Apr 21, 2018 9:54 PM

Mar 2012
Was honestly bored for most of the movie...it somewhat picked up towards the end, but even then I still couldn't help but feel a sense of "Why do I care?" about whatever plot was going on....I really loved the tv show and I know it's been 3 years since I watched it but this was definitely quite different from it....in a pretty terrible way...

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
May 9, 2018 9:32 AM
Jun 2017
I am disappointed... I hope there is more curve, round or anything else with the story line. But, what can I call this... It's like the story line just go straightforward. It is just telling you a story about How Tatsuya kill the "security", save the children, and destroy the satellite + little fanservice.
I spent about 1 hour and 30 minutes, only see how the character fighting and win easily

Score : 6/10
May 26, 2018 6:45 PM

May 2012
Not a too bad movie, quite liked it actually but it felt more like a regular episode rather than a movie.

Still pretty solid!
Aug 8, 2018 1:04 PM

Feb 2013
I hate human experimenting, those guys should be tortured every single day.
Tatsuya's suit was really cool.
They saved those girls, that's good.
Imouto love is unbreakable.
It was a cool movie.
Aug 24, 2018 12:44 PM
Oct 2011
Movie was definitely made for ln readers. Wish they make more anime that is more like the ln. It would be interesting to see everyone reactions to the shit that goes down in the ln.8/10 for the movie
Aug 26, 2018 8:10 AM

Apr 2013
Pretty boring movie tbh, the art and animation was good though as expected of a Madhouse production. I enjoyed Juumonji fighting the most actually, at least he doesn't seem omnipotent like Onii-sama.
Sep 2, 2018 4:15 PM

Jun 2013
Well that was kind of a boring arc.
Sep 16, 2018 6:08 PM

Jun 2011
Didn't really quite enjoyed this.. nothing really too bad here but it's just dull.. They literally talk about stuffs we don't care about.. the whole "sequence: complete" thing took up 2 minutes at least, it's boring. It's like a magical girl transformation sequence but without the flashy visuals, hence a lot more boring, and wasting time. It's always been the criticism of this show, there's too much technical mumbo jumbo that people really don't care about.

Way too little focus on Tatsuya if you ask me.. and way too much focus on characters that don't really need development, and boring. Tatsuya is boring too but he's the protagonist and he should be getting his development.

Only part I actually enjoyed was the sword fight between the red haired girl and the STARS swordsman. It was short lived though lol

Oh yea I didn't like Kokoa's part when she first arrived at their summer time holiday mansion, too much pity-fest for me, it just got very annoying. It's like they're saying "now, feel sorry for this girl" I will feel sorry when I want to, not when you tell me to.

They also went up to the official military forces on some girl's request.. There better be some kind of consequences to this else there's no rules and regulations anymore in this country.

Could've been much better if they cut down on the useless stuffs, change the script a little on Kokoa's part and add a little bit more to the action. Also a little more of that Tatsuya x Miyuki connection would be great.

OST is still great.

Hoping for a season 2 and more Tatsuya action.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 16, 2018 8:42 PM
Jan 2015
ToG25thBaam said:
They also went up to the official military forces on some girl's request.. There better be some kind of consequences to this else there's no rules and regulations anymore in this country.
The research facility was essentially going rouge and preforming illegal experiments and Tatsuya got backing from his unit with the gear they lent him, so no consequences due to the circumstances given.
My Queens

Sep 16, 2018 9:23 PM

Jun 2011
-Mahesvara said:
ToG25thBaam said:
The research facility was essentially going rouge and preforming illegal experiments and Tatsuya got backing from his unit with the gear they lent him, so no consequences due to the circumstances given.
I see, I must've missed that part because I only remember Tatsuya being asked to destroy the "meteorite" and later it was shown him getting the gears, but I don't remember the part where it was mentioned that he got the backing from the higher ups.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 16, 2018 9:35 PM
Jan 2015
ToG25thBaam said:
-Mahesvara said:
I see, I must've missed that part because I only remember Tatsuya being asked to destroy the "meteorite" and later it was shown him getting the gears, but I don't remember the part where it was mentioned that he got the backing from the higher ups.
Well the scene where he gets the equipment implies that his unit was backing his decision, they wouldn't have helped him otherwise.
My Queens

Nov 22, 2018 11:07 AM

Feb 2018
Is Kokoa clone of Miyuki?
They resemble each other so much like their skin complexion, hair style, face structure and eyes color (basically everything except their height).
Dec 31, 2018 7:52 AM

Jul 2013
Nothing makes sense. New characters without proper introduction. Badass shit happens at the very end of the movie.

Jan 26, 2019 7:18 PM
Jan 2019
I love this and i want season 2
May 2, 2019 5:42 PM
Nov 2018
Great movie!!

I was confused about Lina in the beginning. I liked the fan service, especially with Honoka. Koako and her clones were very cute.

Overall, 8/10. I am looking forward for season 2
Jun 8, 2019 2:30 PM

Jul 2015
Legends says that you can see a nipple at 36:47.
Pervertedness aside, this was a pretty good movie, first half felt a bit boring but the second half was amazing.
Too bad the anime adaptation didn't cover the original source until the point of the movie, since there were a few characters which haven' been introduced in the anime yet lke Lina.

Jul 9, 2019 8:13 AM
Jul 2019
-Mahesvara said:
mizukasa said:
What kind of fanservice does the movie have? Does it have uncensored nipples?
Besides the beach scene at the beginning of the film, there is a good amount of nudity in the sauna scene. You'll see a lot, but they didn't show any nipple. Though it might be different for the DVD/Blu-Ray version, like how it was for the SAO movie and that scene with Asuna.

Reapermask said:
Legends says that you can see a nipple at 36:47.
Pervertedness aside, this was a pretty good movie, first half felt a bit boring but the second half was amazing.
Too bad the anime adaptation didn't cover the original source until the point of the movie, since there were a few characters which haven' been introduced in the anime yet lke Lina.

I'd gracefully like to disagree. There are nipples but you might need a really good monitor to see the color difference.

****** Warning: As I AM stating there are nipples. These examples do show them. ******
Two Versions of the Bath Scene (Original and Modded)
Original Imgur post - https://imgur.com/a/nvQXY6B

**Edited: BBCode to add imgur image tags in didn't work so please go to the link.**

I quite liked this as I did the anime. (with the incestual stuff ignored)
NerdyGamerChefJul 9, 2019 8:24 AM
Jul 9, 2019 8:19 AM
Jul 2019
BTW, I created this account just to make sure the community knew the truth! :) I'm sure I'll be adding more to it soon.
Sep 3, 2019 9:22 AM

Dec 2015
This was a 'I'll probably forget everything about it by tomorrow' kind of movie. Very very boring and uninteresting.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 28, 2019 8:19 PM

May 2018
That was a good movie, love the fight scene agaisnt the Stars which is cool. As always our Onii-sama is still overpowered being able to defeat everyone at one-shot, not surprising. Entertaining movie as a whole, and now I just have to wait for the 2nd season.

Dec 5, 2019 3:03 PM

Jul 2012
Art and all was great but the plot felt really bland I also wanted to face plant because of all the stupid military nonsense but then we wouldnt have had these epic fights so ill let stupid military peeps go

my headcanon the girls are clones made based off of mayumi and tatsuya kekk
cause they kinda share her hair and cocoa was asked to go to her and they got tatsuya's eyes

this is just anime original right? its not in the novel series yes? if it is adapted from novels what volume is this
Dec 7, 2019 6:44 PM
Dec 2014
Yeah movie was okay, Tatsuya really didnt great any good action scenes. Hope there will someday be a season 2 to continue off the first.
May 5, 2020 8:40 AM

Apr 2009
Our Lord and Savior Tatsuya Shiba is also Lord Vader? Oh my Lorduuu!!!

6/10 Meh.

You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 10, 2020 1:31 AM
Dec 2018
ogorhan said:
Yeah movie was okay, Tatsuya really didnt great any good action scenes. Hope there will someday be a season 2 to continue off the first.
it's a bit late but season 2 should be coming fall 2020. That is if corona-chan allows it ofc
My Candies:
Sep 26, 2020 8:45 PM

Dec 2014
It was okay, felt awfully rushed with the plot moving forward at way too fast of a pace, almost felt like they skipped a ton of detail. There wasn't really any impact with the situation of those clones, the antagonist was kinda barebones.

Swimsuit Miyuki and all her Onii-sama make watching this worth it though. :)

Darth Vader Shiba made me laugh the first time he showed up though.

6/10

Dec 18, 2020 9:13 PM

Apr 2020
the protagonist is literally powered by incest

Dec 20, 2020 5:18 AM

Dec 2010
It's so weird that this is actually a sequel to Season 2. Nonetheless I'm happy since the whole time I thought I've messed up by not watching this movie before S2, and now it came as a pleasant surprise.

On to the main points, best(?) beach episode ever, best girl Honoka got enough spotlight and Miyuki's presence wasn't overbearing(not sorry Miyuki fans, she takes 2/3rds of the female character screen time usually). As a fan of Onmyoudou it's always nice to see Mikihiko getting screen time too, even if was as little. And last but not least, Jumonji being a boss never gets old:

MeritasDec 20, 2020 7:02 AM
Dec 22, 2020 6:55 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Okay, finally had a time to finished this until a certain time. And, yep, thats right. Thats the inserted event that came from episode 11 season 2, after the departure of Lina back to her own country. Poor her, didn't have much time to relax and directly involved into the next important mission. Well, Godsuya and the others had the same involvement too. So at the end, everything just be fine.

These movie reminded me how a lot of gap and misclicked between the magicians and some of the military units could became a big problems too and trigger those dangerous event. Their separated actions led into those human errors, forced Godsuya to used his almighty power to stop it from the world destruction. Even though, they didn't a deep surf about that and directly solved it without any confirmation either its yes or not. I think its just fine, and may be my overly interpretation to whatever happened at these movie. At the end, its just a plot convinience to created a reason for them to saved those human girl clones. Very well, then.

I can't say much about the story wise. Its not a relaxed movies that goes far by Mahouka Rettousei standard. Its still had a decent amount of action that mostly about Godsuya involvement and interferences. More note went to a little side action from the others such as Lina, Miyuki, Erika, Leon, even there was Jumonji senpai too. They even used another unknown magic ability that never used before. Its fine to added a great amount of information over these series. The example with Lina's rocket launch magic that made Tatsuya becomes the real God; Godsuya beta trident magic, that looks like almost an advance magic of mist dispersion; and then Miyuki saving magic. To be surprised, that included more fanservices than i expected before. Such as a lot of tits revelations (you can search it by yourself), bikini parade, beautiful loli clones, and such.

Overall, without thinking much about the story-wises, these damn movie actually pretty decent to enjoy. Its actually really good before starting a new season that supposed to be happened, soon (such as those purple hair girl at Tatsuya and Miyuki flashback that becomes an important character and revelations at the next season arc). For those two important reasons, i put this one into my 8/10.

Thats all of it.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 26, 2020 3:54 PM

Jan 2008
Just rewatched this after 2nd season ended (although I should have rewatched it after the first half of Wp 11, after Lina leaves with her souvenirs at the airport). And I gotta say...it sure filled a lot of gaps. My score for the movie hasn't changed though.

I think they should have released the movie after doing season 2, or made the movie into an split 3 part OVA series...regardless, the movie should have came out after season 2, even though the movie happens in the middle of the series after Ep 11.
Estoy_GordoDec 26, 2020 4:01 PM
Dec 26, 2020 5:46 PM

Apr 2020
4kicks said:
Just rewatched this after 2nd season ended (although I should have rewatched it after the first half of Wp 11, after Lina leaves with her souvenirs at the airport). And I gotta say...it sure filled a lot of gaps.

Same. I remember watching it when it first came out and had no idea who Lina was at the time. I did like how it picked up right when Lina gets back to New Mexico from Japan. The after credit scene where it starts at the end of the finale of season 2 was a good tie in as well.

Still, I wonder why the movie was released after season 2.
Jan 2, 2021 7:31 PM

Oct 2011
Glad I delayed watching this until after season 2. It wasn't anything amazing, but scratched that Mahouka itch. It nicely slots into the events at the end of season 2, especially at the beginning with Lina arriving at the airport and immediately being redirected (lol) and the post-credits scene being essentially the same as season 2.

Would have liked a little more Lina screentime and them catching up after the climax, since it seemed to have ended pretty abruptly. Another 10 minutes or so could've helped.
Mar 17, 2021 8:47 PM

Aug 2017
No idea why the movie was released before Season 2 since there they explain important stuff there. Anyways, ok movie, animation is very good and the plot was more or less well explained. 6/10 for the movie.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 3, 2021 11:23 PM
Jun 2020
Watch this after s2
Jul 3, 2021 11:23 PM
Jun 2020
Watch this after s2
Nov 23, 2021 10:30 PM

Mar 2013
I must say, I quite enjoy the art style of this movie because it is similar to the 1st season

This also gave me some disappointment because I didn't get to see what really happened to the woman/girl that died while Tatsuya is thinking earlier about whether he will help the 8 other girls with his group or not and I didn't get to see much from the supporting characters. While I did enjoy this movie, there were many holes that really need some explanation but meh, there wasn't much flashback from Tatsuya's mind, especially if you watched this after season 1 which is chronologically incorrect as some threads already stated.

P.S. I'm glad I watched this after the First half of the Visitor Arc Ep11. OwO
CrazyButNot4UNov 23, 2021 10:47 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 26, 2022 2:38 PM

Mar 2019
I actually liked this movie, despite being filler, it had the canon characters and it's also set in a timeline from the main series, a timeline that also makes sense which was why it being filler really didn't bother me that much. Great moments from all the characters and that ending was satisfying

The aurora borealis appearing was a really nice touch because in a way that's how the aurora borealis forms, so it made sense, at least from my knowledge.

The flashbacks from Tatsuya and Miyuki were also really good that made me hyped because I really want to know what happened. There was a girl that died right in front of Tatsuya and he seemed quite sad even without showing no emotions due to his condition.

One problem I had was Lina's action. Why did she use her Heavy Metal Burst despite knowing that a lot of people are still on that island. It was never explained, nor did Tatsuya ask her about it.

Again, nice movie for what it was.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Aug 23, 2023 3:54 AM

Nov 2010
It wasn't boring, but it wasn't entertaining either. Minus points since I'm still not a fan of Tatsuya being a one-man army. I am sure he could've done everything on his own without help from others. Their support felt like an afterthought.

The story is alright. It's an experiment gone wrong, a rescue mission, and USNA complicating things and messing up as usual.

The one good thing about this movie is that it looks beautiful! The girls all look so beautiful, especially Miyuki & Lina. I really want to screw them both! The fights were good, as long as Tatsuya wasn't involved. I could've rated this higher if it were longer. I still don't understand what stops Tatsuya & Miyuki from roflstomping Yotsuba. They are so freakishly OP that they can outclass USNA's finest. I guess the Yotsuba has a secret weapon against them that even Tatsuya is no match against? Haha
Sep 21, 2023 10:55 PM
Dec 2014
It was alright. Lots of unexplored characters and plot points, particularly regarding the exploited magical girls, who are supposed to be the whole point of the movie. If you haven't watched the original anime series or read the light novels, you will be confused about who, what, why, and how everything in this movie is.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Does this movie take place before season 3?

BDJosh23 - Apr 7

8 by nightmare_kt »»
Apr 8, 8:32 PM

» I'm confused: who is fighting who and why and what

PoleLord - Jan 3, 2023

4 by IhnalakoKaina »»
Jan 3, 2023 5:46 PM

» About this and Visitor Arc

Grontan - Aug 28, 2021

5 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 23, 2021 8:13 PM

» Do you need to watch this movie before season 2?

AHomicidalTV - Oct 3, 2020

13 by YukinaHimiragi »»
Jul 3, 2021 11:25 PM

» i wounder how long its going to take for a season 2

audac1ous - Jul 10, 2017

17 by 1ncognit0 »»
Sep 7, 2020 5:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.