Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 9, 2017 10:33 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A lot of focus on Jeanne d'Arc this episode. Interesting...this episode made me realize how tough her life is and how her characer came to be.

Pretty melancholice episode with the amount of emotions.
It's really too bad how life can be so rough for certain characters. Getting ejected from the capital is just a bad turn of event for Jeanne.
Jun 9, 2017 1:52 PM

Jul 2015
Well that was surprisingly heavy. I had hoped that Mugaro/Eru would still have the tiny wings hidden under his clothes but nope...

I liked this episode, but the next ep better be action-packed and move the plot forward. This is getting way too slow.
Jun 9, 2017 2:17 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
mimiiria said:
Well that was surprisingly heavy. I had hoped that Mugaro/Eru would still have the tiny wings hidden under his clothes but nope...

I liked this episode, but the next ep better be action-packed and move the plot forward. This is getting way too slow.

Why slow? They're filling in the gaps and giving us valuable insight into some of our characters. And doing it by using action packed flashbacks instead of expository dialogue like some other series would tackle it. This is a two cour, so I'm rather grateful that they're not rushing things. We're almost certain to have our prison break next episode.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 9, 2017 3:29 PM

Apr 2014
Man this episode made me want to tear up. But the tears won't come. I freaking hope the prison break comes soon along with the reunion of the El and Jeanne...
Jun 9, 2017 3:34 PM
Jan 2017
Looks like they're almost done with the backstories. Can't wait to see them break out. I loved how Nina said they were going to be the first to break out.
Jun 9, 2017 3:58 PM

Jun 2015
What a tragic backstory for Jeanne d'Arc. Seeing how she ended up in prison and what happened to Mugaro was heartbreaking. His real name is El. I can't what for the break out. I hope Jeanne and El reunites.
Jun 9, 2017 5:24 PM

Feb 2012
So.. He stopped talking because she cut his wings off or... he doesn't speak due to the psychological trauma? Also, he IS the reincarnation of Michael after all.
Jun 9, 2017 5:37 PM

Sep 2010
Ha, I knew that guard heard her last episode. Was like what's she supposed to do. Nina comes off as a complete idiot and basically shouting her plan to escape pretty much reinforces that. Guards only going to take her half seriously. Like, lol, wtf this girl saying?

Anyway, Jeanne and El's backstory is more tragic than I imagined it would be. Though what really took me by surprise this episode was that birth lol.
Few maxims have done as much harm as, "Children should be seen and not heard."
Jun 9, 2017 5:42 PM

Oct 2013
Never imagined Jeanna d'Arc to have this kind of a backstory, she was just trying to live of that farming life until that other angel appeared. That angel for sure fucked her life up.

Jun 9, 2017 6:03 PM

Jul 2016
I think we're about done with everyone's backstory episode! Time for prison-break next episode! (Unless we're getting a Rita-centric or Kaisar episode... hopefully not)

About people claiming that it's slow --- well, it's kind of expected, you know. If it has 22 episodes, they got to build/expand things up.

Jun 9, 2017 6:07 PM

Jul 2014
I hope they'll get to action the next ep, because "dramatic" writing is seriously weak. I sorta doubt if they even wrote this seriously.

Little El is so saccharine syropy sugary sweet that normally I would expect this be a ploy. Why is Jeanne alive though if they wanted to kill her on sight, what's more - alive and imprisoned on regular terms? To lure her son? One would think they could do something about it in 7 years. Also it's really strange with Jeanne being ridiculed in the beginning. It's not like a warrior can't be wounded.
What's the deal with Onyx Soldiers going offline? Are they zombies or something? And how come the king even rules with this level of social inaptitude (but the troll crowning was fun)? Normally he wouldn't survive as long without attracting followers.
Also about being done with backstories - we need one for the king, like really, because saying he is shown as being progressively strange doesn't even start it. But probably it will be the big lame reveal in the end.

Jeanne, of course, doesn't deserve this and her fate is terrible (like that of her prototype), but she is a danger for rulers, since she is a sign of the gods' power and authority. Basically a walking advert. It's obvious why they want to run her over. I, er, don't say she is to blame for anything that happened, just that it didn't come out of nowhere, it was highly predictable.
But then also I can't help but think that the real Jeanne lived in a Christian culture, where god=all that good, it isn't so clear in the world of Bahamut. For anime Jeanne herself it is the same, but how onthologically good are their gods in truth?

Bahamut has always been schematic in worldbuilding, but it worked in the first season because of all the action and because it was an introduction. In the second season, where they stay in the same location, where politics and long-winded personal stories drive the plot, the thinness of the worldbilding is becoming a problem.
deadoptimistJun 9, 2017 6:21 PM
Jun 9, 2017 6:25 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Great episode. Man I felt so bad for Jeanne and what she had to go through. Having most of her team lose respect for her to getting kicked out of the capital. On top of that she had to struggle living on her own to then taking care of Mugaro/El.

Even with her hardships, she still tried her best to help Sofiel and did what was necessary to save her son by cutting his wings off and leaving him with the demons. After watching this I'd say Jeanne is best mother of 2017, no competition.

Great flashback episode, can't wait for the next one!
Jun 9, 2017 6:30 PM

Jan 2009
so Jeanne have a virgin pregnancy to give birth to Mugaro/El
so its confirmed that Mugaro/El is a male
and Mugaro/El become mute once his wings was cut off
Jun 9, 2017 6:30 PM

Nov 2016
Wasn't expecting a flashback tbh, but I still liked this episode, since it gave us some nice details about Jeanne and Mugaro. Jeannes past was really d'arc hohoho.

Nina finally realized that Mugaro is boy, took her long enough. And I also loved the part where she casually said that they will be the first ones to escape this prison, that was just gold xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 9, 2017 6:45 PM

Aug 2016
Much needed episode in terms of Jeannes' and Magaro's past (filling in the holes and what not)

So Mugaro became mute due to his wings getting cut off?? I remember Azazell saying he found Mugaro in an alley with his throat slashed or something :/
Jun 9, 2017 6:47 PM

Jul 2016
deadoptimist said:
I hope they'll get to action the next ep, because "dramatic" writing is seriously weak. I sorta doubt if they even wrote this seriously.

Little El is so saccharine syropy sugary sweet that normally I would expect this be a ploy. Why is Jeanne alive though if they wanted to kill her on sight, what's more - alive and imprisoned on regular terms? To lure her son? One would think they could do something about it in 7 years. Also it's really strange with Jeanne being ridiculed in the beginning. It's not like a warrior can't be wounded.
What's the deal with Onyx Soldiers going offline? Are they zombies or something?

I think the reason why they didn't kill her (the king did say he didn't care if she was alive or not) is that they realized the kid wasn't with her. They had to question her in order to find the missing child.

Maybe they did try to lure the kid to them --- but you have to remember that he was... being held as a slave. I'm not sure that you want to publicly hang your former Saint who obviously dedicated her life to the kingdom. While soldiers may have lost their respect for her, I doubt that citizen have forgotten about her.

About those "soldiers"... perhaps their armor operates magically and is very heavy. Solders inside would obviously "fall" due to the sudden weight.

Jun 9, 2017 6:50 PM
Jul 2018
Sakonke5 said:
So.. He stopped talking because she cut his wings off or... he doesn't speak due to the psychological trauma? Also, he IS the reincarnation of Michael after all.

Azazel said that his windpipe was crushed.

deadoptimist said:
Also it's really strange with Jeanne being ridiculed in the beginning. It's not like a warrior can't be wounded.

They might've been used to seeing her be very strong with the divine powers she was granted before. But now she's weak, and those men might envy her position and mock her now that they can.
They attack the fact that a female is less fit to be a knight (y'know, muscles). It's just natural. They must've been feeling discontent due to personal issues and are low in faith.
removed-userJun 9, 2017 7:01 PM
Jun 9, 2017 7:00 PM

Jul 2014
FrozenSheep said:
I think the reason why they didn't kill her (the king did say he didn't care if she was alive or not) is that they realized the kid wasn't with her. They had to question her in order to find the missing child.

Maybe they did try to lure the kid to them --- but you have to remember that he was... being held as a slave. I'm not sure that you want to publicly hang your former Saint who obviously dedicated her life to the kingdom. While soldiers may have lost their respect for her, I doubt that citizen have forgotten about her.

About those "soldiers"... perhaps their armor operates magically and is very heavy. Solders inside would obviously "fall" due to the sudden weight.

There're so many problems with basic logic. A formerly influential person like her should be held in solitary confinement. And why don't they interrogate her if that was the goal? (But their torture techniques are sorely lacking in general, yeah, as seen in the scene where they try to break a demon by lashing.) Whey every important person ends up in one dungeon, where they can interact?

They didn't have trouble making the hero who fought Bahamut running in coliseum or denouncing gods, imprisoning Jeanne doesn't look out of line in the context. They could also kill her not publically.

Could be heavy armor, I agree. But they also are supposed to be sininster, and their leader looks so unhealthy.

Rehls said:
They might've been used to seeing her be very strong with the divine powers she was granted before. But now she's weak, and those men might envy her position and mock her now that they can.
They attack the fact that a female is less fit to be a knight (y'know, muscles). It's just natural. They must've been feeling discontent due to personal issues and are low in faith.

That's the most likely explanation, but it'd be better if the show did an attempt at showing this instead of the corny scene with flowers. Also we know that many knights admire her, like the blonde "new captain". I understand that it's just a flashback, but still she's a person with amazing past, reputation and experience - and the only thing that we're shown is nonames putting themselves higher than her that easily with sad Kaisar being the only decent person for miles.
deadoptimistJun 9, 2017 7:08 PM
Jun 9, 2017 7:22 PM
⚧ | 愛と平和

Oct 2010
Wow... I didn't realize that this series could make me feel so sad. (T_T);; I have to say it because (probably) no one else has: EMT! (Eru-kyun maji tenshi!) Um..sorry.
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
“The right to think is the beginning of freedom, and speech must be protected
from the government because speech is the beginning of thought.”
  — Ashcroft v.Free Speech Coalition,
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
Jun 9, 2017 7:28 PM

Jul 2016
deadoptimist said:
There're so many problems with basic logic. A formerly influential person like her should be held in solitary confinement. And why don't they interrogate her if that was the goal? (But their torture techniques are sorely lacking in general, yeah, as seen in the scene where they try to break a demon by lashing.) Whey every important person ends up in one dungeon, where they can interact?

They didn't have trouble making the hero who fought Bahamut running in coliseum or denouncing gods, imprisoning Jeanne doesn't look out of line in the context. They could also kill her not publically.

Could be heavy armor, I agree. But they also are supposed to be sininster, and their leader looks so unhealthy.

From my understanding:

1) No one has ever escaped from that prison, so it makes sense to send her there.
2) Maybe they DID interrogate her over the course of those "7?" years she was in prison.
3) I think there's something important to note: Favaro and that lady were both humans. I haven't seen the king kill humans --- even if he did, he clearly respect human life more than demons.
4) In a previous episode, I believe that the King asked Jeanne D'Arc for her assistance. Maybe he's got other plans for her.

I know it's easy to say "why didn't he just kill her!?"... from what was shown, the King is ruthless against demons (and angels, I would assume). He is much more forgiving against humans. He did say he would kill Kaisar if he stood in his way --- Kaisar stood in his way and the King did not kill him.

His ruthlessness applies to demons. He seems "much softer" towards human.

Jun 9, 2017 7:29 PM

Dec 2015
Now I'm curious what Charioce wants.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 9, 2017 7:49 PM

Jun 2014
Nice backstory episode showing Mugaro/El's origins (and confirming he's a boy) and how Jeanne ended up in prison. The way everything transpired was quite tragic though, but that's expected I guess.

Also, Nina is really dumb lol, just shouting that they're planning to escape. Luckily the guard seems to not be taking her seriously, so they probably won't take the necessary precautions, but it's still dumb on Nina's part.

One more thing, Mugaro = Jesus confirmed.

FrozenSheep said:
About people claiming that it's slow --- well, it's kind of expected, you know. If it has 22 episodes, they got to build/expand things up.

MAL has this listed with 24 episodes, not 22.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 9, 2017 7:56 PM

Dec 2012
Great & emotional episode.
Nice to know what happened to Jeanne before she went to prison.

What the hell no respect for the captain & Charioce kicking her out of the Kingdom. The birthing scene of El was magnificent & the music was beautiful.

Jeanne & El living together was so sweet. So emotiona seeing Jeanne do everything in her power to protect El. Covering him in demons blood & cutting off his wings.

LOL Nina & Jeanne discussing how to break out with the guard there.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jun 9, 2017 7:56 PM

Jul 2016
thebrentinator24 said:
Nice backstory episode showing Mugaro/El's origins (and confirming he's a boy) and how Jeanne ended up in prison. The way everything transpired was quite tragic though, but that's expected I guess.

Also, Nina is really dumb lol, just shouting that they're planning to escape. Luckily the guard seems to not be taking her seriously, so they probably won't take the necessary precautions, but it's still dumb on Nina's part.

One more thing, Mugaro = Jesus confirmed.

FrozenSheep said:

MAL has this listed with 24 episodes, not 22.

Yeah, my bad. I got it mixed up with Re:Creators.

Jun 9, 2017 8:52 PM
ONE MORE PULL

Aug 2012
Can someone tag me and tell me if Favaro has appeared yet? Besides that one time he's mentioned while their eating with Bacchus.
Jun 9, 2017 9:09 PM

Feb 2011
Ame said:
Can someone tag me and tell me if Favaro has appeared yet? Besides that one time he's mentioned while their eating with Bacchus.

He showed up a couple episodes ago. After the credits of episode 8, to be exact.
Jun 9, 2017 9:44 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
So Jeanne had a Mary-Jesus type of birth....Guess this makes sense since Michael "died" in S1

This episode made me hate Charioce (And subsequently his army of knights) even more and I cannot stand how disrespectful everyone was and how disgusting their actions towards Jeanne was most of all....I REALLY want to see them all get what's coming to them

This poor woman just wanted to live her life with her son and these cunts have to ruin everything.....The way mother and son parted ways was so sad too man :(
Jun 9, 2017 10:35 PM

Jan 2015
So it's time for Jeanne's story of the past, giving birth to Mugaro and finally get caught while leaving Mugaro behind.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jun 9, 2017 11:10 PM
ONE MORE PULL

Aug 2012
solazora said:
Ame said:

He showed up a couple episodes ago. After the credits of episode 8, to be exact.

Thanks, I love you.
Jun 9, 2017 11:42 PM
Oct 2007
I'm quite surprised we have mix reviews. This season has been phenomenal so far for me!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 10, 2017 12:32 AM

Sep 2016
it's confirmed that you can get pregnant by holding hands
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jun 10, 2017 12:55 AM

Oct 2011
tragic back story of Jeane Omg
Jun 10, 2017 1:06 AM

Nov 2011
Wow! What's not this anime series: It's not boring and not even discounted. I'm glad you focused on Jeanne's life, analyzing the past. The narration has been so intense and compelling, now I would like to know better the king's past, because some things do not come back to me. Great is the quality of backgrounds and drawings. I can not wait to see the next episode.
Jun 10, 2017 1:17 AM

Apr 2016
I was quite the dark and violent backstory. I'm waiting now for Charioce's one. I'm hopeful we'll get some good reasons about his distrust towards gods and hate towards demons. It has probably something to do with the grave he visited, his mother's maybe.

Not so often we see a cute child getting killed in anime :(
(that could be one "reason" to begin with)
Jun 10, 2017 1:28 AM

Jul 2014
An interesting backstory and all, but it seriously feels like a delaying tactic being placed here immediately after what happened last week. Also, Nina was extremely irritating post-credits, so maybe it was for the best we didn't see too much of her this week.
Jun 10, 2017 1:37 AM

Dec 2014
Ah great episode. I like how this season takes its time to develop our characters. Jeane sure went through many hardships, I feel so bad for her.

Also, How did Mugaro's hair turned black lol?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 10, 2017 1:58 AM

Sep 2013
Best episode of the anime yet.

Very sad at the end feelsbadman
Deep dark fantasies
Jun 10, 2017 2:20 AM

Oct 2011
Great execution - it felt very painful to watch

Jun 10, 2017 2:46 AM

Aug 2013
I was so interested about the prison break, but I got this backstory instead
I don't even mad
crierrytiem
Jun 10, 2017 3:47 AM

Dec 2016
Wait, so El/Mugaro is Jesus???

shit!! he got me! that fucking Poly
boomed me! he's so good! (x4)
Jun 10, 2017 3:57 AM

Jan 2014
lol this kind of fruit (the mangosteen)

can't be grown in frozen land (as showed)

And Jeane is raped by her beloved god and giving birth to El.

Again the show loves to paint human to be pitch black as possible by showing how demons are treated while ignoring the fact that the demon have done much worse (and that is majority) while human mistreated demon is just minority. If anything this traitourous woman (Jeanne) are huge trouble to human evolution. She talk like she cares about humanity but in the end she is just want to depends on the gods.

I don't like beautiful show (animation is stunning) like this being ruined by illogical and stupid cliches plot. Will this get better?

2/10 episode, I really like Cheerios, he truly wants to create a world for humanity, if only Jeanne is brighter and stop worshipping the gods, she herself would limited the harm being done to both side (human+gods), yet due to her hypocrisy nature and shallow personality she'd rather leave the Orleans knight (as if I'd take the bullshitting low-ranked soldiers seriously, there is many good man like Kaisar there and she completely ignore just like how the show ignore the abudant beautiful of humanity and focus on minority of the bad side)
Jun 10, 2017 4:21 AM

Feb 2012
I blame that angel or whatever it is.
Jun 10, 2017 5:22 AM

Dec 2012
That's how you do a proper flashback episode. Very noice!
Jun 10, 2017 5:35 AM

Jan 2016
That was so emotional! DAMMIT!

One of the only times when i'm happy with the flash back instead of bored
Jun 10, 2017 5:40 AM

Jul 2014
FrozenSheep said:

From my understanding:

1) No one has ever escaped from that prison, so it makes sense to send her there.
2) Maybe they DID interrogate her over the course of those "7?" years she was in prison.
3) I think there's something important to note: Favaro and that lady were both humans. I haven't seen the king kill humans --- even if he did, he clearly respect human life more than demons.
4) In a previous episode, I believe that the King asked Jeanne D'Arc for her assistance. Maybe he's got other plans for her.

I know it's easy to say "why didn't he just kill her!?"... from what was shown, the King is ruthless against demons (and angels, I would assume). He is much more forgiving against humans. He did say he would kill Kaisar if he stood in his way --- Kaisar stood in his way and the King did not kill him.

His ruthlessness applies to demons. He seems "much softer" towards human.

1) That would make sense if no one ever leaves (not only escapes), still Jeanne was a leader, so it'd be better to hide her imprisonment and cut her interactions with people, including the guards.
2) Jeanne is very fine for that to be true. But their torture tactics are undevelopped.
3) That's quite interesting. I'd prefer it to be true, I mean - Charioce actually trying to be a good king for humans (even if failing in some ways), but then what was that senseless bullying with Favaro, why everyone is so afraid of him all the time? He also promises to kill people pretty often (even though it's unclear how he plans to kill, say, Kaisar immediately while being unarmed).
The anime both emphasizes that he is unsafe to be around and doesn't support it. He doesn't start to kill hostages, for example, despite not giving a second thought about demon lives, we don't see any executions. But we know that the guy has gotten rid of at least three previous Charioces and conquered hell, normally he shouldn't have problems with killing after that.
But yeah, he's strangely patient with knights betraying him.
deadoptimistJun 10, 2017 8:23 AM
Jun 10, 2017 6:21 AM
Dec 2012
So that's what happened to Jeanne & how Mugaro was born huh.
Jun 10, 2017 6:33 AM
Mar 2015
Great back story Great sppof on Gintama at the end " Zel" I am Azael not Zel"
Jun 10, 2017 7:10 AM

Mar 2009
jeanne had a hard life ;_;
Jun 10, 2017 7:28 AM

Oct 2013
Jesus man, that wing clipping scene...right after being sprayed with demon blood...then knowing you're gonna be a slave for who knows how long, and that you're prolly never see your mother again...AAAAAAAAAAAAA! Being El/Mugaro is suffering, same for Jeanne.

Also, so a demon crushed a little human girl and that human collosus construction crushed the sexy demon waifu ~ so my question is...did they not show her being crushed cuz she wasn't legal? ( I'll just show myself out now...)
Jun 10, 2017 7:37 AM

Aug 2013
That was some tragic story. Almost made me cry. :(

So Jeanne d'Arc is virgin Mary. Guess that makes El/Mugaro Jesus then.

I was looking forward to that prison breaks. Oh well.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2017

316 by Xxbrunoguerra »»
Mar 12, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2017

99 by latght »»
Dec 12, 2023 4:06 PM

» When does this epic series return?

NexCore - Apr 7, 2022

8 by GraviticF7L »»
Oct 7, 2023 7:20 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2017

112 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 21, 2023 3:45 PM

» A Question..

L-Lawliet7 - Feb 9, 2023

2 by Aotfangirl »»
Feb 15, 2023 6:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.