Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 20, 2016 10:16 AM

Feb 2015
xFeanorx said:
rayeine said:
Is no one going to talk about how hot Shinomiya is? Because he's so damn hot. I would love for his spinoff to get an anime adaptation too.

Everyone in this show is hot XD
Good point, but I just have a thing for Shinomiya.
Sep 20, 2016 3:11 PM

Oct 2011
souma learning from shinomya senpai this time whoa that tension and those demands too. Flashback with the shokugeki was awesome. whoa a new original dish hype! !!!
Sep 20, 2016 11:16 PM

Feb 2014
Soma is a great character! His ability to just pick up from his mistakes and apply advice straight away is what makes him such a good character. He's relentless in his desire to move forward and improve.

1 ep to go, I'm really going to miss this series.
Sep 20, 2016 11:46 PM

Oct 2014
xFeanorx said:
rayeine said:
Is no one going to talk about how hot Shinomiya is? Because he's so damn hot. I would love for his spinoff to get an anime adaptation too.

Everyone in this show is hot XD

Everyone except those really old fat dudes usually doing the judging. I'd love to see a good Shinomiya reaction xD

Sep 21, 2016 1:10 AM
Mar 2015
It's pretty impressive that they managed to make what was essentially equivalent to a training arc feel so high stakes and intense regardless.
Sep 21, 2016 9:57 PM

Dec 2009
I think Shinomiya has won a piece of my heart
Sep 22, 2016 4:29 AM
Dec 2015
I'm so excited to see what happens in the competition next episode! Character development has been really awesome in this show, keep it up!
Sep 22, 2016 3:58 PM

Sep 2014
Lol at Alice joke.

This was a really entertaining episode, watching Souma improve and working with the others.
Shinomiya seems much cooler than before too.

Damn, really looking forward to next episode!
Sep 23, 2016 3:51 PM

Dec 2013
This has been my favorite part of this season. I like seeing when cooks grow in their skills and this is definitely going to help Soma reach his next level.
Sep 23, 2016 7:42 PM

Jan 2016
This episode made me fall in love with Yukihira Soma once again. I want to be like him. He doesn't let anything get to him. And what does he do when he was failing? He studied, all night. He can do what everyone would think is impossible. He never let himself or anyone else down. And he also still think of ways to improve himself or the restaurants hes been in. People could really look up to him and his ways of thinking. I really love Yukihira 💓
Sep 23, 2016 8:45 PM

Aug 2014
Huh, Intense episode.
Well Can't wait for the last episode~
Sep 24, 2016 9:49 PM

Mar 2009
Man, this Stagiare arc has been incredible. So much better than the competition that lasted for most of the season.
Sep 25, 2016 6:53 AM

Jul 2009
So I just noticed ... I guess they change the chara in the ED for each episode? :P Since Shinomiya was featured this time XD Anyway, really loved this episode! It was great seeing Souma be out of his element on the first day then really work hard towards becoming a valuable member by the fourth. Not to mention gaining the respect of all the SHINO'S staff too! Dang, that kitchen atmosphere is pretty intense though! We got to see a little bit of everyone else but obviously the main focus is on Souma. I wonder what he's planning for the competition? :O Of course, I'm still expecting him to lose (against Shinomiya again ;P) but maybe he'll reveal his "specialty" to us ... :D
Sep 25, 2016 6:46 PM

May 2012
Pretty impressive episode, the workload sure fired up quite extremly but he still managed to catch up! Really looking forward to see what the last episode will have to offer from this season!
Sep 26, 2016 5:07 AM

Jun 2013
Shinomiya has a blonde fanboy. Let the yaoi secks begin! D: I prefer Shinomiya with his glasses on, he looks like an intelligent asshole as opposed to his sans-glasses asshole look.

I think that "rush cooking" was kind of bullshit. I have waited for long periods of time at restaurants. One time, I had to wait for an hour for my food. I have yet to go to a place (that isn't fast food) that serves food that quickly.

I felt like they rushed through the stagiaire of the other characters, some of them looked really interested but then again this is only a 13 episode anime and they need to focus on the protagonist and I'm not going to read the manga any time soon.
臭い-
Sep 27, 2016 7:01 AM

Nov 2015
One of the best episodes this season!
I love these Staigaire episodes and I hope we will see more of them in S3.

5/5
Sep 29, 2016 7:42 PM

Oct 2008
Souma, now experienced the real tension of being in a high class kitchen of the Magician Shinomiya!
LOL @ Shinomiya "of all people you dare challenge me"
Shinomiya really envisions his young self within Souma.
Souma's getting really refined on this kind of experience and it would be a lot of help when getting back to the Tootsuki academy! Just like a sharpened knife, Souma will be sharpened also here.
Souma's specialty "unique", this is what he's trying to achieve and again declares competition against Shinomiya.
Souma never lets himself down even with all those insults because with more challenge it makes him better in his passion of being a chef!
the OST used was also great with a mix of violin to fit the france/Italian theme!
5/5!

Oct 2, 2016 11:18 AM

Aug 2007
If I can admire something about Yukihira is: Maybe he can be pissed off too much, being humiliated, etc. He don't get depresed and can advance with a smile.
Oct 3, 2016 7:38 PM

Dec 2015
I liked how Yukihira didn't give up even though he knew that he wasn't helping at all, that's pretty awesome imo. Next is the last ep dammit >.<
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 4, 2016 11:58 AM

Aug 2014
Looks like Shinomiya is no longer on his Gordon Ramsay shit...good for him.
Oct 9, 2016 7:38 PM

Apr 2013
Not gonna lie, nothing special was going on and I was still cheering on Souma.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Nov 29, 2016 3:23 AM

Mar 2015
Nice to see Soma out there in the real world toughing it out!

Hope he finds his signature dish while trying to win the competition!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 14, 2016 4:41 AM

Jul 2014
My opinion on Shinomiya will always be the same... he's such a douche. BUT I like him for it. lol
I really enjoyed this episode. It was exhilarating to watch.
Also I can't believe there's only one more episode left. Ugh.
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Jan 13, 2017 5:49 AM

May 2013
YEEEEESSSSSSS, I'm lovin' this Stagiaire arc!
Apr 10, 2017 12:41 PM
Aug 2014
Finally an episode that didn't seem rushed.
Apr 12, 2017 4:19 PM

May 2015
This episode gave me a déjà vu feeling... I think this was the perfect thing that could happen to all of the students. There's nothing like hands on experience and Yukihira probably had it the best with that high level in quality restaurant (Shino's Tokyo). Erina taste buds better watch out our MC is growing into a bad m*therf%cker!
Apr 18, 2017 5:22 PM

Jul 2013
So Shinmiyo is opening a new restaurante in Tokyo. Seeing Souma as his stagiaire for this week was definitely something I really wanted to see. In the last season they didn't had a good start especially with the shokugeki challenge of Souma against Shinomiya. It seems Shinomiyo changed a little bit since then , at least his staff was talking about it.

Also all the other Totsuki students had a super stressful week and it seems a lot of them failed.

The pre opening days were pretty hard for Souma. He made a whole new experience about working in an absolute top restaurante. At first I felt sorry for him but I knew he will keep going no matter what will happen. And even when Shinomiya wasn't giving any tips about all the things they do, Souma found it out by himself and improved by so much. He's like a spong who's absorbing every single information about new techniques and cook types. Even the staff was speachless :D

And now he has the chance to bring an own cooked dish on the menu. That will be interesting to see if he will succeed. Go Souma! :)

Jun 8, 2017 3:10 AM

Jul 2012
This arc is so good. Shinomiya has become such a likable character, and his relationship with Sōma is great to watch.

Also, I'm looking forward to seeing how much the other characters develop from their stagiaires in S3.
Sep 14, 2017 7:54 AM

Aug 2013
Liking Shinomiya a lot. He has high hopes for Souma. Lets see how the competition will turn out.

Marui vanished. (*.*)

Oct 28, 2017 7:47 AM

Nov 2011
Great growth for Yukihira, in fact, catching the jolly, while others do not seem to have made a long way in what to do in the world of work. It was a pity, though, not to see the other characters during their internship.
Nov 14, 2017 12:47 PM

Apr 2013
Great episode, though I wished we could've seen more of the challenges of the others.
Feb 9, 2018 3:02 AM

Dec 2012
Souma knocks.
Dat Koujirou smile.
The first customer is here.
That lady has nice oppai.
Damn. Souma having trouble.
lol at dude getting fat.
Dat Alice scene. I've seen enough hentai to know where that's going.
Ryouko oppai jiggle.
That woman telling the dude he failed is cute.
Souma wants to submit a dish?
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jun 3, 2019 5:29 AM

Feb 2013
This was more difficult for Souma that I expected, wow!
Jul 4, 2019 8:29 AM

May 2016
It initially looked like it was going to be a breeze like the first restaurant he interned at but the first night had him barely keep up with the pace because of the culture shock he received from the new quicker-paced, no-nonsense environment that's completely different from the usual noisy diner rush he usually handles and the dozens of foreign culinary terms that stopped him in his tracks. Even though everyone let him knew that they were being burdened by him, he spent all his time familiarizing himself with the unfamiliar until he reached the point where he can prepare which dishes needed cooking before the whole staff can react. He'd come such a long way that I can't help but feel so proud for him ♥

It'd be nice if the others had a longer time on the spotlight but since it's only 13 episodes, I'm fine with seeing them anyway. I really like how they handled how Souma asked Shinomiya to participate in the contest because it gave major deja vu vibes and really showed how much they've advanced since they last met.

Jan 8, 2020 9:00 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Great episode, nice to see that Souma can still improve and that he's really determined
Feb 11, 2020 9:43 AM

Aug 2017
Shinomiya improved this season by causing Soumato to have difficulties in a new kitchen field. This is how u portray the realism of a top notch kitchen. 5/5
NurguburuFeb 11, 2020 9:54 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 6, 2020 12:07 PM

Nov 2017
I know this is the hottest of takes but I'm starting to think Food Wars is a better franchise than BNHA. I actually care about the world, the characters grow and their actions make sense. Plus they actually pull off the comedy. And the main character isn't a massive twat crying everywhere over everything.

This was a good episode, main character had to change himself in real time to get gud. Imposing head chef kept his distance and respect. This show never fails to ask, "But how can you get better?" which is what shounen is supposed to be about--progress. Something BNHA fails at, as well as world building.

I hate series that try to create a world and then fall on their face when they can't define what it is or live up to expectations.
Oct 4, 2020 7:37 AM

Mar 2010
Ah yeah its hard to see why people enjoy certain things.. But thats why you need to find what that is. good episode

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 12, 2021 1:36 PM

Jul 2017
A part of me wishes the Autumn Election went the full season and the Stagiaire started off season 3 just to give more time to everything. But regardless, this was my favorite episode of this season so far. I just love arcs like these where characters develop their skills in the real world of cooking, and witnessing Soma take the next step to his cooking journey through this Shinomiya Stagiaire experience feels so cathartic.

Best chefs across the world trained in many, many different restaurants of many different cuisines and get their asses kicked repeatedly, but still learn from their mistakes and grow and evolve to the point that they've mastered a good amount of the craft.

Soma getting the opportunity to work with a former first seat of Totsuki Academy, and a former Pluspol winner is such an amazing platform for his career to skyrocket, both in reputation and just general skills. He's been great with unorthodox dishes but that's not a real specialty, but now he's actually getting to work in conditions where dishes have to be pure perfection and refined in the best ways possible, all in an intense environment while working with other people in rhythm that isn't his father. Seeing him make a ton of mistakes, and learn and grow is pretty amazing to watch and there's no better place for him to grow like this than in a Shinomiya restaurant.
Dec 7, 2022 11:01 AM
May 2020
Souma's brilliance is his ability to be BOTH confident in his cooking AND be willing to learn from anyone on how to improv himself. He has one healthy ego.
Dec 7, 2022 11:03 AM
May 2020
YumiAkihiko said:
Drake1000 said:

Lmao where did they send these 2? (this wasn't in the manga)

I'm very curious where Hayama was sent to as well...looks like a hella factory where his nose cant be depended.

I am still not sure where they went, but they succeeded in improving things so--YAY.
Jul 12, 2023 2:40 PM

Dec 2022
Very good episode
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2016

203 by Boring_Rose »»
Apr 5, 12:18 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

152 by j2ez2 »»
Dec 21, 2023 7:01 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2016

363 by eeniemewie »»
Oct 10, 2023 4:43 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

235 by dspr »»
Jul 12, 2023 3:53 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

155 by dspr »»
Jul 12, 2023 2:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.