Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 13, 2016 7:32 AM

Jul 2013
This felt like the final episode tbh..

that game trailer though :o

It makes me wish Fairy Stories 3 is a real game. I'm a huge fan of J-RPG so all those memories of playing classic J-RPG games came flowing back to me while watching the trailer :>

Bonus point for Kou's outfit and dere-ness!
Sep 13, 2016 7:41 AM

Jun 2015
Lol look at Hifumin acting all cool at the exhibition. xD Tho I don't blame her; she was rocking in that outfit with that composed look.
Kou was beautiful in her dress as well. Rin sure looked happy. :p
Some serious moments here and there. This whole episode was a complete win.
Sep 13, 2016 7:57 AM
Sep 2014
HaXXspetten said:
Realistically speaking, why would you send the one girl who can barely talk to people normally to do public cosplay advertising at an announcement event? Well whatever :s

Actually, they just gave her the entry pass. She was the one who decided to cosplay at the event, not the company. Remember that she's an avid cosplayer.
Sep 13, 2016 8:49 AM

Sep 2008
This show just kept getting better and better all season. The characters are all good and they pretty much get an equal amount of screen time, some a little less. As good as Re:Zero is, I have to say that New Game! passed it as my favorite show of the season a couple weeks ago.

Really sad next week will be the end. As we all hope for in situations like this, maybe there will be a 2nd season where they will work on another game and Nene will become full time.

That last scene looked like something out of a Miyazaki movie, the setting I mean.
Sep 13, 2016 9:10 AM

Feb 2014
Damn, I'm not sure who looked better, Hifumi in her cosplay outfit, or Kou dressed very formally! >_<

Anyway, I really enjoyed this episode. It was fun to see the different game 'cameos' that appeared in this episode. Animal Hunter, Street Butler, Ace Attorney who looks a bit like Space Dandy himself and an Animal Crossing-like game on Kou's magazine.

I also noticed that Aoba's family car is a 1970's Citroen DS as well. Sweet. =)

It was also the last time Nene will be working as a part-timer at EagleJump before she heads back to College. I couldn't help but laugh when they both ended up missing their stop and ended up in the countryside though. =D

With one episode to go, out of the summer shows I'm watching, New Game has been the most fun to watch. If there is a sequel to this show one day would it be called New Game! + ? =P
Sep 13, 2016 9:16 AM

Sep 2014
Kou in her dress was super cute! Hifumi's cosplay was majestic :D
Sep 13, 2016 9:38 AM

Dec 2013
Kou in dress Kreygasm. Nenechi alone provides all the humor
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Sep 13, 2016 11:15 AM

Aug 2012
Any info on the singer of the Fairies Story 3 intro?
.................................................................................
Sep 13, 2016 11:42 AM

Sep 2013
Kou a CUTE :O
Game exhibition and the game deadline is reached.
Nene saying goodbye is too much feels :'(

Sep 13, 2016 1:06 PM

Dec 2012
If anyone is wondering, that IDE Umiko is using, is most likely Webstorm. Just a little thing I noticed since I use it in work too xD
"To die without wishing for rebirth might be a priceless joy" - Ginko, Mushishi
Sep 13, 2016 1:15 PM

Jan 2008
That game trailer reminds me a lot of Gust or Falcom games.
Sep 13, 2016 2:50 PM

Apr 2014
Still can't handle all the moe...
Sakura...still my fav.
Sep 13, 2016 4:45 PM

Jun 2013
Great episode once again!
Really sad that next week is the last episode, i have high hopes that it could get a second season since the manga is really popular in Japan and everyone seems to enjoy it!
Sep 13, 2016 6:45 PM

Jan 2014
Back for my weekly dose of diabetes :3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2016 7:14 PM

Feb 2015
when you see your own work on a big screen in the public......
it's embarrassing indeed but it makes you happy XD i know that feeling so well.

overall it was a great episode imo. really like their hardwork until now.
lol that after credit scene tho...didn't see that coming.
one more episode ;_;
looking foward to it...
Sep 13, 2016 7:15 PM

Mar 2016
Wow just wow!!!
They(studio) made the fake PV for this game.It's have same quality to anime itself. Amazing.

Loved every scene on this episode
Especially at scene when Nenechi say goodbye to all.
It was pretty heartwarming

And next week is last episode
I was curious how they ended this anime.

Sep 13, 2016 7:54 PM

Sep 2015
Findulas said:
If anyone is wondering, that IDE Umiko is using, is most likely Webstorm. Just a little thing I noticed since I use it in work too xD
Or some other IntelliJ IDEA variant, for that matter, although based on this screenshot, I would say it's more like Visual Studio.
Sep 14, 2016 6:52 AM

May 2015
Nice Waifu Material, and a lot of fun, that kind of show that put a smile in your face, with simple things, I will miss this show <3
Sep 14, 2016 9:54 AM

Dec 2012
bucket3432 said:
Findulas said:
Or some other IntelliJ IDEA variant, for that matter, although based on this screenshot, I would say it's more like Visual Studio.

I agree that could be pretty much any other IntelliJ IDEA variant, but I don't think it is supposed to be Visual studio, for example there is not toolbar on top. I guess you could make VS look like this, but I don't see why anyone would do that.
Also I don't know why I spent good 15 minutes comparing details on several IDE screenshots, my Webstorm and your picture :D
"To die without wishing for rebirth might be a priceless joy" - Ginko, Mushishi
Sep 14, 2016 6:04 PM

Sep 2015
Findulas said:
bucket3432 said:

I agree that could be pretty much any other IntelliJ IDEA variant, but I don't think it is supposed to be Visual studio, for example there is not toolbar on top. I guess you could make VS look like this, but I don't see why anyone would do that.

At first I thought it was an IntelliJ variant, but what convinced me that it probably wasn't was the icon sidebar on the left, giving it a striking resemblance to Visual Studio Code (also here), which I now realize is distinct from Visual Studio. You can also see a blue status bar, which as far as I know isn't present in IntelliJ but is in Visual Studio Code. Plus, from episode 10:

Lelouch0202 said:
Wow, The amount of detail in the monitors surprises me, That was clearly Visual Studio in Umiko's computer. The Layout, The purple icon at the top and even the color coding for the keywords were exactly matched.

Indeed, perhaps the strongest evidence is the logo:

Findulas said:
Also I don't know why I spent good 15 minutes comparing details on several IDE screenshots, my Webstorm and your picture :D
Same here, especially since it's probably supposed to be a Bland-Name product anyway. Whatever

As for the language, it appears to be a C-like language, especially with all the type_t line beginnings and overall syntax appearance, but I can't quite make it out. In episode 10, there were some "private void" functions. I'm guessing it's C#.

Anyway, I'm glad this much attention to detail was put into this show. It's really quite impressive.
Sep 14, 2016 6:56 PM
Mar 2015
Hhhhhhhgggg so cute
Sep 14, 2016 8:26 PM

Jan 2014
Basically this can be summed up in:

1) Gonna miss Nenechi.

2) That Trailer (for real I found it pretty good and realistic).

3) Yagami KAWAII!!!!
Sep 14, 2016 9:54 PM

Nov 2012
... and finally we're here, one before the last.

Kou is almost unrecognizable in that interview clothes.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Sep 14, 2016 11:36 PM

Oct 2008
Another Great touching episode!
Too bad Nenecchi wasn't able to join Aoba with the other girls at the Expo!
OP used on this episode was the intro of their Fairies Story 3 game!
Feels like Angela is the one who sung the OP or just sound like her?
Hifumi is such a die hard cosplayer but a good one to boot! plus her shyness!
The three girls got more motivated because of their short trip to the Expo! while Hifumi is busy enjoying herself on the expo and games!
New look of Kou-chan was uber CUTE!!!
The hell!? Energy drinks for 2800-2600 Yen per piece!? that's too expensive!
Kou, Nenecchi & Aoba had indirect kisses because of that Kerorin Demon Lord Energy Drink!
Deadline is just around the corner and Nenecchi cried because it's her last day as a guest fulltime debugger vacation worker! I also nearly teared-up when Nenecchi started crying! It was touching!
LOL at the last part, Nenechi didn't wake-up Aoba because probably she fell asleep also in the train, and now they're lost on some far away train station miles away from the city! But it's OK, cuz looks like very will get a break and calm.
5/5!

Sep 15, 2016 5:45 AM

Aug 2015
Topkek Umiko raging on even more bugs on crunch time, definitely can relate on that one.

Hifumi on Cosplay + Yagami on Dress = instant 5/5 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) episode

Nenecchi mah nigga saying goodbye to the company is just T_T but then again Nenecchi still put up some Nenecchi things especially at the end are definitely facepalm worthy.
MizunashiSep 15, 2016 6:50 AM
Sep 15, 2016 2:17 PM

Feb 2008
Hifumi and Kou were utterly awesome as they dressed up (albeit for different reasons), particularly the latter. Umiko was at least as excellent, breaking the loli duo's stereotype of her, although the Demon Lord energy drink was spectacular on its own. On a related note, seeing Nene go is a bit of a shame, she complemented Umiko in her straight man act well.

I'm getting depressed over the show's end already...
Sep 15, 2016 3:12 PM

Sep 2013
Ko-chan sure is cute. Also we finally got to see Hifumin cosplay, shes damn good at it too.

Nenecchi's part-time over at the company and loved to see her chemisty with Aocchi.
Sep 15, 2016 10:28 PM

Dec 2012
Mizunashi said:
Topkek Umiko raging on even more bugs on crunch time, definitely can relate on that one.

That moment when you're full to the limit with things to do right before a deadline and you hear someone calling your name with a hesitant voice and you immediately know a storm is coming.

Meta_Yoshi said:
looks a bit like Space Dandy himself

And now I want a Space Dandy game...
TulicloureSep 20, 2016 2:38 PM
Sep 16, 2016 2:51 AM

Jul 2009
OrangeJP said:
I want more Hifumi cosplay

Kou was looking very cute, Rin enjoyed it the most! haha
I wish Nene would keep working there.
Sep 16, 2016 9:15 AM

Jun 2013
Tokyo Game Show fuck yeah and i wanna play ghostgazard lol
Sep 16, 2016 8:35 PM

Jun 2013
God, this anime was already good, but it's SO much better when you're drunk :D

(Edit: and frustrating. I just want Rin and Kou to be gay. They are so meant for each other holy shit. #20moe568me)
-Trippwire-Sep 16, 2016 8:58 PM
Sep 17, 2016 6:41 AM
Feb 2015
This series and amanchu were one of the best this season, no heavy plot, no tragedies and drama, very light and enjoyable^^
Sep 18, 2016 5:01 AM

Jul 2010
Hifumin's cosplay looks cool.
My love Kou-chan, she's gorgeous on that dress, and that blush >////<
Sep 18, 2016 5:35 PM
Apr 2016
i'm gonna missed this!
they were all so adorable
pretty much i enjoy all episodes
Sep 19, 2016 3:29 AM

Aug 2013
I tried not to get hyped for the game reveal since it's not real but it happened a little, I love RPGs so I'd play the heck outta that series.

Was kinda disappointed we didn't get to see Yagami change, this series is actually quite solid when it comes to its fanservice so I guess I've begun to expect things.
Sep 19, 2016 4:11 AM

Aug 2015
Hifumi really made me laugh. She is shy but she cosplay, what a paradox!

Sep 19, 2016 7:36 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I think I felt something in my heart whenever Nenecchi said "last day"

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Sep 19, 2016 8:52 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
The game they made looks pretty blah. Only thing it has going for it seems to be the slightly cute character designs. Other than that, it seems you could play any other JRPG and pretty much get the same experience. That hand raise to the sky sealed the deal. What's up with Japanese fictional media and reaching up to touch the sky? I dunno. It's in their songs too. Despite all that, I hope their game sells well.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Sep 20, 2016 7:53 AM

Nov 2011
Episode less lively than usual, but narratively was always nice to follow in his rhythm slice of life. I did not believe at first that Nenecchi had so much space in the narrative, almost half of the episode, was spent on her. Quality of the drawings and animations more than good, a pleasure the costume design of this anime series.

This is the GIF I was looking for. :)

Sep 24, 2016 1:57 AM

Nov 2012
Excellent episode. The trailer for Fairy Story 3 was actually fine quality.
Sep 24, 2016 7:35 AM

May 2012
Pretty fun episode again! Looking forward to see what the last episode has to offer!
Oct 13, 2016 5:54 PM

Jan 2013
Fairly good, wonder if they'll make it to launch
Nov 16, 2016 5:53 AM

Mar 2015
Kou so kawaiiiiiiiii :O

Awww bye Nenecchi :(
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 13, 2017 9:45 AM

Nov 2016
I have to agree that this is one of the best episodes of New Game I've seen for quite a while. I'm very glad that the game that Aoba and her crew worked over the time spent together was well worth it. The game OP for Fairies Story 3 was really nice for them to watch as their reactions were priceless to know their game was finally being recognized at the Tokyo Game Expo. Hifumi's cosplay outfit was spectacular and looked very cute on her. :)

I laughed at the scene where after Nene and Aoba had purchased the energy drink that they both took a sip of it and looked very childish when drinking it. Obviously, Yagami's new clothes were very cute on her and it's the first time I've seen her wear something girly for once. I thought it was absolutely attractive. Not bad at all. Anyway, I thought the whole Nene having her role ended for her job was saddening to hear. She made a great contribution to the company and I thought it was well-deserved. I think she did pretty well as a debugger and really made great strides.

That last part in the end was really laughable but at the same time it can happen to anyone when riding on a train so that's a given. Aoba and Nene are really such great friends and they have good chemistry together.

Well, with one final episode left, I have really enjoyed this series so much that I feel sad that it's going to end. It's been an amazing and I'm really looking forward to watching the last episode! :)
Jan 15, 2017 6:23 PM
Dec 2009
It's almost time for their big release!! It's cool they got to go to the game show but I wondered who was running their booth. Is it normal for companies to hire outsiders to run the booth? I assume there were some PR/marketing characters that we just never met who were running it? Anyway this was a cute episode and the release is going to make a good end to the series I think :)
Feb 16, 2017 12:59 AM

Dec 2016
I forgot Hifumi loved to cosplay. If only I could live in that world and meet her, I also love to cosplay.

Kou looked very nice all dressed up like that.

Why am I not surprised that Nene also fell asleep.
Mar 6, 2017 4:59 PM

Nov 2016
Going to be so sad once this show is over ;-; was such a fun ride!
Apr 2, 2017 12:32 PM

Sep 2014
Hifumi was so LOVELY in that cosplay! >///////////<

Dat WiiU and Animal Crossing reference on the magazine's cover

I always thought Yagami looked like Iowa from KanColle, but she looked more like Warspite in that cute white dress! (The braided hairstyle also helped.) Lovely! When I thought nobody could be more beautiful than Hifumi, this happens! I can't decide which one is best girl! >///////<

I'm not sure if giving such a strong energy drink to Umiko was a good idea. xD She looked a bit upset, but the drink seemed to work, after all.

I KNEW Nenecchi and Aoba would sleep past their station. I KNEW IT! xD Silly Aoba, how could you rely on Nenecchi? I wonder where Henkyoueki is. lol

Looks like next episode will be an epilogue of some sorts. Let's see what happens.

terrablu2003 said:

This is the GIF I was looking for. :)

LhasApsApr 2, 2017 12:42 PM
Apr 6, 2017 6:24 AM

Sep 2016
Kou is hot af
what kind of game is that, gameplay like Ys, single player action adventure but it has party lineup characters.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
May 12, 2017 4:15 PM

Apr 2017
Nenes impersonation of Umiko was the best thing, lol!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » New Game! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2016

102 by kitoha »»
Apr 9, 6:32 PM

Poll: » New Game! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2016

123 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 5, 9:19 PM

Poll: » New Game! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2016

105 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 5, 6:41 PM

Poll: » New Game! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2016

232 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 5, 4:27 AM

Poll: » New Game! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2016

105 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 4, 7:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.