Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Feb 6, 3:39 PM
Aug 2016
frieren breaking the barrier was epic
Feb 6, 5:39 PM
Jan 2024
as ever, a delight
Feb 6, 6:21 PM
Dec 2019
VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY PICA
Feb 6, 9:06 PM
Dec 2020
Now you've exceeded your limits, Madhouse
Feb 6, 11:22 PM
Jan 2024
It was great! Looking forward for more! <3
Feb 7, 12:12 AM
Jun 2019
Amazing as always
This Is Nexus Neon And Thank You for Reading this
Feb 8, 3:58 AM
Feb 2015
Denken oldman casting his ironfist is epic, Frieren and the party easily clear their rival with flashy barrier breaking magic. Fern reveal her trump card spell and the reaction is funny. It only two days and Stark is missing his female friend. I pity whoever foes against Frieren and Fen next episode.
Feb 8, 5:26 AM
Sep 2021
I can only hope this anime is finally the one to dethrone FMA
Feb 8, 11:47 AM
Feb 2022
best episode yet!
Feb 9, 6:30 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Lmao just when i wonder Frieren actually knew about Serie, the lolibaba elf actually the master of Frieren master, Flamme! And i like how Frieren just greet Serie after thousand years, with breaking her great barrier with such a flashy attack! Its also helping kids with their battle against the earthquake dude so Frieren really thinking all that nicely done!

First test over. Denken manage to stay in line just because another luck coming down the road with that fistfight. There's one more test before this season of Frieren over and i can wait it patiently, like usual...

Let's see next!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 9, 7:36 AM

Feb 2018
Knowing that Flamme also is involved somehow with Serie wasn't too surprising, but seeing that they had previously met kind of was.
It was cool seeing the spells that Denken could use, even if they didn't really seem to faze Frieren, but it did seem like they shared the same philosophy on magic.
Lawine and Kanne held up pretty well too, even if they were only able to beat Richter because Frieren broke the shield, letting the rain in.
Stark looks like he's just been chilling out now that he has some space.
Feb 9, 8:35 AM
May 2021
Conta a história diferente do que geralmente é nos animes: o que acontece depois de vencer as lutas. Muito emocionante e cativante.
Feb 9, 12:42 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Hilarious and cool, a wizard using the punchs to win!!!
kekeke
Feb 9, 1:26 PM
Mar 2020
A perfect filler episode to follow the first test of the first class mage exam, following the daily lives of all of the major players we meant in previous episodes. A fantastic pallet cleanser for what I'm sure it so amazing episodes to come
Feb 9, 3:26 PM

Feb 2012
Denken settling things with his fists LOL. Ok this old man rules I wasn't expecting him to duke it out like that. That ending scene with the bartender was great too. The Zuko line that's rough buddy.

Great ep
Feb 9, 5:34 PM
Apr 2021
A spectacular episode, how the battle's ends is simply beautiful
Feb 9, 9:21 PM
Dec 2023
Hell yeah! Stark!
Feb 9, 10:29 PM

Nov 2019
lol it's time for a fistfight!
But they're not using muscle magic xD
Feb 10, 6:27 PM
Feb 2024
EPISODE GOOD
ANIME GOOD
FRIEREN GOOD
ME HAPPY
Feb 10, 10:42 PM

Feb 2020
Ooh frieren with her mind blowing magic hohoho love to see it
sort of like Overlord and the sheer magnitude levels above your average peeps she is

Feb 11, 11:46 AM
Jun 2021
This is the best episode i watched this year. This is the reason i watch anime. Sousou no Frieren is so good i hope i never forget about this experience.
Feb 11, 9:22 PM
May 2020
I want more frieren
Feb 12, 7:52 AM

Feb 2019
It was so satisfying to see Frieren really show them who's more powerful here.

It wasn't even a match for Frieren.
Feb 12, 11:56 AM
Jun 2019
very good good show
Feb 12, 1:33 PM
Oct 2017
The scene where Frieren break the barrier is soo enchanting, one of the best scenes I've seen in recent years!
Feb 12, 1:33 PM
Oct 2017
The scene where Frieren break the barrier is soo enchanting, one of the best scenes I've seen in recent years!
Feb 13, 8:51 AM
Oct 2021
GOAT and the perfect anime
Feb 16, 3:20 AM
Dec 2022
Stark seems a bit lost without the other two.
Feb 16, 4:53 PM

Jun 2014
So, the first challenge is over.

Things will likely get even more interesting soon.

Feb 16, 11:15 PM

Jul 2023
There's really a tonal shift here ever since this arc began. It features more battles and less of the slice of life aspects.

Those who dropped this anime for the SOL aspects might have appreciated this anime had they continued.

Anyway, that grand old elder elf. Is she an antagonist?

The first test concluded, and it was so exciting I quickly watched them.

I'll catch the other two episodes later.
Feb 17, 2:43 PM

Oct 2010
Has any sort of battle in it +10% love
Why ya'll so basic? Go watch some shounen.
Feb 17, 2:49 PM

Oct 2010
Reply to eikan0728
Who is the man in the last scene?
@eikan0728 That's Stark having a drink at the bar?
Feb 17, 2:50 PM

Oct 2010
Reply to LS_11
I'm curious which is stronger Flamme's barrier or Serie's barrier, because Frieren said she is still far from her sensei in previous arc
@LS_11 I don't think that simply applies to just how strong a barrier is.
Feb 17, 8:52 PM

Oct 2020
I still don't understand why anyone who knows of Frieren doubts that she can beat them. Denken seemed to know all about Frieren (or at least enough to know her strength) and he still thought he had a chance

Also, idk if this was just a dub thing, but the amount of times they say mana in this episode made me wanna get on a bus to Tijuana
Feb 21, 3:21 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Frieren breaking the barrier was beautiful to see
Feb 24, 7:29 AM

Aug 2020
Frieren really just did that, didn't she? She keeps surprising me with how truly powerful she is.
Feb 24, 4:58 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Holy shit the old geezer can throw hands?
Feb 24, 11:49 PM

Oct 2013
That's how battles between mages should look like! Not so dull and mid like in Harry Potter, lol.

Denken is based. Cold calculations above all, except dignity, without losing the core character trait in the process. I guess for him it's being humble and devoted to magic.

First stage is over. I liked it. The task was creative enough to not turn it into mere battle royale (even if, at some point, it had some of its elements). I wonder what the second stage will offer, hehe.

Serie is powerful as heck. Frieren managed to destroy her bareer, but I think she would have no chance against Serie in a duel. That's my hunch, anyway. Series was referred to as basically someone as powerful as the Goddess, after all.
Feb 26, 4:45 AM

Oct 2023
I wondering how strongh is Freiren and Fern
Feb 29, 1:10 AM

Jan 2017
Frieren babysitting her new party by casually destroying the "unbreakable" barrier LMAO
Feb 29, 4:44 PM
Jul 2018
Gotta love how Richter reacted. Gets nuked by a water spell ''ah damn water, ah well''

Denken actually using his fists made me respect him more. At first he came across us the type that would just use others but he's actually going in himself x)
removed-userFeb 29, 4:50 PM
Mar 1, 4:11 AM
Jun 2017
I began tearing up just a little bit by the end of the episode.
Mar 7, 12:50 PM

Mar 2016
So this is Serie, an ancient mage with knowledge of practically all magic in existence, a living grimoire. In their first meeting together, she offered Frieren the same offer promised by a select few of the 1st class mages. To be granted a single spell you want. Almost anyone would be quick to snatch that opportunity, however not for Frieren or Denken. Afterall to them,"The greatest joy of magic lies in searching for it" A truly inconceivable statement that fulfils not the desire for competency, but the joy of one's heart. This is analogous to not cheating on a game for the sole reason of having fun despite having the option to cheat.

Gaaaahdayyumm, Frieren schooled that old man Denken! He is definitely a powerful mage being able to cast a bunch of massive flashy spells, but Frieren need not use anything major. Her usage of spells is so efficient and proficient that simple offensive spells are counterattacks are enough. Not to mention the absurd amount of mana she has, she could do this all day. Though out of all this, what got me the most excited was when she held Denken hostage, lmao her bluff is so convincing to others mainly due to her expressionless face. And for someone as young and hasty as Laufen, she's guaranteed to take the bait. KEKW

I probably replayed the part where Frieren shattered Serie's barrier several times, that not only displays her analytical intellect and transcendental magic but also proves that she's just built differently. Turns out that the old rusted amulet was given to great mages, Frieren... The last great mage. I wonder when she acquired that.

Speaking of built different Denken deserves his position. My man doesn't give up, 2 hours left to remain, mana exhausted, team injured, and not a single bird at hand. Welp, time to throw some motherfuckin' hands and swipe another team's bird. Bor just wont back down XD

Mar 8, 3:22 PM
May 2022
Mad house cooking
Mar 12, 10:24 PM
Feb 2024
Amazing that fight animation is so good
Mar 13, 9:20 AM

Apr 2015
Amazing episode! Denken's team got wiped lmao.
But tbh, Denken's personality and how pursues magic and even his quotes made me like his character. His personality is down to business esque and he doesn't shy away from throwing hands. I hope we see more of him and Frieren casually breaking Serie's barrier wow. Epic stuff.
Mar 13, 10:13 AM

Jul 2012
Reply to ShadowkillZ
So this is Serie, an ancient mage with knowledge of practically all magic in existence, a living grimoire. In their first meeting together, she offered Frieren the same offer promised by a select few of the 1st class mages. To be granted a single spell you want. Almost anyone would be quick to snatch that opportunity, however not for Frieren or Denken. Afterall to them,"The greatest joy of magic lies in searching for it" A truly inconceivable statement that fulfils not the desire for competency, but the joy of one's heart. This is analogous to not cheating on a game for the sole reason of having fun despite having the option to cheat.

Gaaaahdayyumm, Frieren schooled that old man Denken! He is definitely a powerful mage being able to cast a bunch of massive flashy spells, but Frieren need not use anything major. Her usage of spells is so efficient and proficient that simple offensive spells are counterattacks are enough. Not to mention the absurd amount of mana she has, she could do this all day. Though out of all this, what got me the most excited was when she held Denken hostage, lmao her bluff is so convincing to others mainly due to her expressionless face. And for someone as young and hasty as Laufen, she's guaranteed to take the bait. KEKW

I probably replayed the part where Frieren shattered Serie's barrier several times, that not only displays her analytical intellect and transcendental magic but also proves that she's just built differently. Turns out that the old rusted amulet was given to great mages, Frieren... The last great mage. I wonder when she acquired that.

Speaking of built different Denken deserves his position. My man doesn't give up, 2 hours left to remain, mana exhausted, team injured, and not a single bird at hand. Welp, time to throw some motherfuckin' hands and swipe another team's bird. Bor just wont back down XD

@ShadowkillZ_ I honestly think this meme should only be used when the person in question is about to job hard and lose an important battle lol
Mar 15, 1:40 AM

Mar 2016
Reply to Danpmss
@ShadowkillZ_ I honestly think this meme should only be used when the person in question is about to job hard and lose an important battle lol
@Danpmss

I can't pass up the chance to use this hilarious fucking art lmao. Besides is not as though FRIEREN would lose to anyone. At least not in Season 1.
Mar 18, 10:20 AM
Feb 2022
THE MUSIC WAS TOP ON THE LEVEL
Mar 21, 4:50 PM
May 2021
Just the right amount of action to bring a sense of anxiety to the next episode
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » "Sousou no Frieren" Adult Adaptation has been announced ( 1 2 )

deg - May 16

53 by Ionliosite2 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Will Season 2 be just as good?

GoatPieceLuffy - May 22

29 by Pinoffin »»
3 hours ago

» A question about Himmel (spoiler)

ColourWheel - May 22

12 by sjabeen »»
Today, 12:38 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2023

285 by MasterK »»
May 22, 10:18 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 28 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 22

821 by corvKa »»
May 22, 2:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.