Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Will S2 be just as good?
May 22, 9:59 PM
Sep 2022
Honestly, if anything, there's a chance it can surpass this season.

But who knows!
๐™Š๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™‹๐™ž๐™š๐™˜๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™˜๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ง๐™›๐™š๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™›๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š. - ๐™•๐™–๐™˜๐™
May 22, 10:43 PM
Jul 2023
Season 2 isn't even announced
May 22, 10:46 PM

Aug 2018
Just hope they put the same effort and passion into the subsequent seasons.
May 23, 1:06 AM
Sep 2022
Reply to Rhae
Just hope they put the same effort and passion into the subsequent seasons.
@Rhae

Let's hope for the best!
๐™Š๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™‹๐™ž๐™š๐™˜๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™˜๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ง๐™›๐™š๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™›๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š. - ๐™•๐™–๐™˜๐™
May 23, 1:21 AM
Sep 2020
I really hope so, this was one of the best anime I have seen in a very long time. I genuinely cannot wait for season 2
May 23, 1:24 AM
Sep 2020
Rockyjams909 said:

I'm almost certain there will be a season 2, this anime was so popular and well loved I cannot possibly see them not making a season 2.
May 23, 1:27 AM
Dec 2020
I don't know if it will have the same production quiality, but narratively, Macht's arc is way better than anything in S1
May 23, 3:03 AM
Nov 2021
If it’s the same Studio, yes (unlikely as Madhouse rarely does sequels)
If it’s a different Studio it will highly depend on that Studio.
May 23, 5:16 AM
Jun 2023
mic test mic test mic test
May 23, 5:25 AM
Negator

Mar 2022
I voted even better on the assumption that all the same staff returns if they ever announce season 2, because the parts of the story it’ll cover is better than what was in season 1 imo. Realistically, I sadly have no faith that season 2 will be near the same level production wise as season 1. I feel like we were graced with as perfect of an adaptation you could ask for, and won’t get the same quality again. I truly hope I’m wrong tho
May 23, 5:52 AM

Jan 2019
Reply to Leonzanimelist
Rockyjams909 said:

I'm almost certain there will be a season 2, this anime was so popular and well loved I cannot possibly see them not making a season 2.
@Leonzanimelist The manga is on an indefinite hiatus, so there is no reason to make Season 2.

Even if it comes back in the future (4-5 years), the staff will not be the same.

When an anime studio fails to announce a sequel, all the staff members move on to different studios and projects because they are not going to wait their entire careers for the announcement of Frieren Season 2.
G.O.A.T Twitter Account: https://x.com/Okeanix1
May 23, 5:57 AM

Jan 2009
start the big hopium since even one punch man, mushoku tensei, attack on titan have quality drop due to staff and/or studio changes for sequels
May 23, 6:04 AM
Sep 2020
Okeanix said:
@Leonzanimelist The manga is on an indefinite hiatus, so there is no reason to make Season 2.

Even if it comes back in the future (4-5 years), the staff will not be the same.

When an anime studio fails to announce a sequel, all the staff members move on to different studios and projects because they are not going to wait their entire careers for the announcement of Frieren Season 2.

But season 1 only covered volumes 1-6 and there are 13 volumes with alot more content to cover, they could easily create a season 2.
May 23, 6:48 AM
Aug 2020
This show is amazing but shouldn’t be #1 on this site. Y’all agree or disagree?
May 23, 6:56 AM

Aug 2020
EL_NEGRITO7 said:
This show is amazing but shouldn’t be #1 on this site. Y’all agree or disagree?

There's no anime that should be #1 or any other rank. It's what it's.
May 23, 7:10 AM

Mar 2021
If Madehouse made it again with the same effort they did season1 then yes! but dont see S2 coming anytime soon.
May 23, 11:10 AM
Oct 2021
I didnt read the manga but if the Director of season 1 continues to work on this, ABSOLUTELY. This Man is a new gem in the industry.
(He also directed Bocchi the Rock wich is really damn good too if you didnt know!)
May 23, 11:10 AM

Jan 2019
Reply to Leonzanimelist
Okeanix said:

But season 1 only covered volumes 1-6 and there are 13 volumes with alot more content to cover, they could easily create a season 2.
@Leonzanimelist That's not how it works, if you adapt all the manga in Season 2 then what volumes you going to sell after Season 2? Same volumes that covered in S2? Think mark think.
G.O.A.T Twitter Account: https://x.com/Okeanix1
May 23, 11:42 AM
Sep 2020
Okeanix said:
@Leonzanimelist That's not how it works, if you adapt all the manga in Season 2 then what volumes you going to sell after Season 2? Same volumes that covered in S2? Think mark think.

what are you talking about? there are a myriad of anime that catch up to the manga. what you are saying is a ludicrous hypothetical about them specifically not wanting to catch the manga when they have never implied anything of the sort.
May 23, 11:45 AM
Nov 2020
Narratively? Freaking yes both golden land arc and goddess monument arc is far superior than anything in season 1. Production quality wise? We can't say anything since frieren first season had one of best production values of all time in anime medium. So it's gonna be hard to achieve again. I just hope they take there time and give it the perfect adaptation which it deserves
May 23, 1:53 PM
Sep 2023
Leonzanimelist said:
Rockyjams909 said:

bluray was best selling in japam,

which is what they mainly care about
May 23, 1:54 PM

Nov 2020
Yes, although it also depends on why you love this anime xD I just hope that the production quality will be the same or better, AOT before the animation deteriorated significantly, it had two well-animated seasons, maybe the second season of Frieren when it appears in these 4 years, will do it again. No one expected the first season to be so good and the skeptics' comments aged badly, hopefully it will be the same in this case
May 23, 2:47 PM
Apr 2022
the next 2 arcs are tremendously better than the arcs adapted in S1 i think
May 23, 5:16 PM

Jul 2016
Have no reason to not believe it won't, unless TPN s2 happens.
May 23, 7:15 PM
Dec 2020
Leonzanimelist said:
Rockyjams909 said:

fuck what if they’re goin for like a historically good start and then they just don’t make another season
May 23, 8:07 PM
May 2022
Yes. Season 2 would adapt Frieren's best arc.
May 23, 9:17 PM
โ™ก( โ€ขเฅขโ—ก-เฅข)โœงห–ยฐ โ™ก

Dec 2014
I'm not manga reader so I couldn't tell, but I'm certain it will.

I'm looking forward to it despite no official statement about S2 yet ^.^

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ ๐“˜ ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฑ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ช๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ช ๐”€๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฏ๐“พ๐“ต ๐“ญ๐“ช๐”‚ ♥
May 23, 11:04 PM
Jun 2022
I certainly hope so.
If they end it at the golden city or just past it, that would be great.
May 24, 3:15 AM

Apr 2024
Personally, I don’t think so (but I hope so). I haven’t read the manga, I just know minor plot points and I don’t like the direction it’s going in.

I understand I’m not being fair right now but this is just my opinion. Hopefully I’m wrong though.
May 24, 11:05 AM

Nov 2023
I read the manga. I can say yes!
I need somebody who can love me at my worst
No, I'm not perfect, but I hope you see my worth
'Cause it's only you, nobody new, I put you first
And for you, girl, I swear I'll do the worst

If you stay forever, let me hold your hand
I can fill those places in your heart no else can
Let me show you love, oh, I don't pretend, yeah
I'll be right here, baby, you know I'll sink or swim
May 25, 8:31 PM
Feb 2024
Lets just hope that its just as calming and pleasant as the first season
May 25, 9:41 PM
Nov 2019
I've read the manga, personally there are 2 arcs that are better than arc in season 1.
May 25, 9:45 PM
Nov 2019
Reply to Paharo05
I don't know if it will have the same production quiality, but narratively, Macht's arc is way better than anything in S1
@Paharo05 Agree, Macht is on the top 10 list of popular Frieren characters in Japan even though it hasn't been animated yet.
May 26, 12:38 PM
Jan 2019
Who knows, who knows???
May 27, 3:30 AM
Dec 2023
Moonshine_cookie said:
Personally, I don’t think so (but I hope so). I haven’t read the manga, I just know minor plot points and I don’t like the direction it’s going in.

I understand I’m not being fair right now but this is just my opinion. Hopefully I’m wrong though.

It has had no effect on the story and is a temporary thing no one know how or why it happened just that goddess magic still has lots to explore
May 27, 3:35 AM
Dec 2023
From a story pov it will be as good if not better, the next arc will only take up 44 chapters so will probably be shorter 20 - 24 episodes but is much more action heavy so some things might be stretched out, for those worried about a season 3 it's already well into the next major arc and will probably be finished that arc long before a season 2 comes out, madhouse don't even have to do it imo as long as it's a competent studio, trigger, A1, bones even mappa it should be fine though it would be great if madhouse did it though.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Sep 29, 2023

326 by Khashishi »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2023

302 by Khashishi »»
Yesterday, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2023

344 by RainyhBunny »»
Yesterday, 10:01 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 28 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 22

906 by SuperAdventure »»
Sep 19, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShadowkillZ - Mar 15

385 by SuperAdventure »»
Sep 19, 5:25 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.