Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Nov 26, 2023 10:41 AM

Aug 2008
Reply to Menternor
The previous battle is over and now we get to the actual meat of the story. Which should last for quite a few episodes.

I don't want to be cynical, but I can't help but fear some people will suddenly start lowering their score for this anime and claim that "nothing's happening" while ignoring the actual themes of the story. Vinland Saga season 2 style.
@Menternor This is just my view but if this show becomes a Farmville simulator like S2 of Vinland Saga started out as than I probably will drop the score myself. If Frieren just continues to be like how this show started out as before our brief battle then I will continue to love it. So I'm glad their time in the cabin didn't extend to 4-5 episodes while going into excruciating detail on how they survived the winter...
Nov 26, 2023 12:54 PM
Aug 2017
How does every single episode make me so depressed?
Nov 26, 2023 2:45 PM

May 2020
The soundtrack during the montage was stellar ^^ I love it! I see some potential yaoi in this image but maybe it's just me...

MAL is the perfect place to shit talk about people's opinions.
Nov 27, 2023 1:55 AM
Oct 2020
It is very chill and the other elf was also very cool
Nov 27, 2023 9:20 AM

Feb 2018
Now the group is back to continuing the journey up north!
The first other elf we get to meet in the present apart from Frieren is a monk, not sure why but it seems surprising that it has took this long to find another one.
Kraft seems chill though, wonder if we'll ever get to meet him again.
Nov 28, 2023 2:31 AM
Feb 2015
Frieren and the gang is heading to the North and after the fight between aura, fern found out frieren don't have mage certificates so they got to go there first before the heaven. Along the way of tough winter, they search hidden hut to shelter through the weather but in it we find a priest elf?. the guy was kindhearted and who knows how many years he live like Frieren and maybe he's older than her , seem like interesting background story. it kinda sad for the guy, Frieren reject his praise as she already have it from her priest friend.
Nov 28, 2023 9:35 PM
Nov 2020
monk kraft hugs and stark catching fern!
Nov 29, 2023 1:03 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
They continue the journey and meet a male elf!
Surprises and a lot of apathy.
kekeke
Nov 30, 2023 9:22 PM

Mar 2016
Reply to Ranxomare
They continue the journey and meet a male elf!
Surprises and a lot of apathy.
kekeke
@Ranxomare

Apathy?

Idk what you meant by that.
Dec 1, 2023 3:04 AM
Jun 2012
We met another elf. See you in 300 hundred years elf priest!
Dec 3, 2023 9:56 AM

Aug 2014
She meets another elf and there is no lovey-dovey? :O What a waste for the story..
they also travel so slow.. why not use some transport or fly.. at least some times
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Dec 3, 2023 6:32 PM

Jun 2014
Kraft is the first elf other than Frieren that we've seen in the current era.

His being a monk led me to believe that he'd accompany them on their journey, filling in Heiter's shoes, but that wasn't the case.

Dec 6, 2023 3:37 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Seeing Fern carrying Stark like that was too funny, I knew already romance-wise that this show has Stark x Fern going for itself, it is just really funny to see, and if Fern doesn't call him sama, she will address him so rudely otherwise cuz she just doesn't give a fuck about appearances!
Towards Frieren she shows just a motherly side which contrasts so well with the elf age, scenes like those on episode 12 at the start display that so well, but that is for the next episode.

Surprisingly Frieren meets another elf after so many years, and such an event is so rare, like she said in previous episodes, that it is the same for him.
This event was interesting and then yet again ends with a somber note when Frieren refuses Kraft's kindness, it was not needed since Heither had already done such a thing long ago, and she was remembering those scenes fondly, which struck me deeply.
Flashbacks only came to haunt us further with this anime, and I would not want it any less, at least to give us some relief we had that scene with Stark waking up, in the WARMTH of another man's body! I m sure he doesn't understand yet, but he was a bit disappointed for it not to be Fern, but this shit had me crack up, and how Fern cataloged the monk as weird after they see that scene in the cabin was also a riot! I love Fern's ways of expressing herself.

Kraft's farewell mentioning they will meet again in a few hundred years hit me hard with the cruelty that only this manga can portray, it was a sad truth that Frieren will live much longer and Fern and Stark are only a part, a tiny particle, of her life, and then I get to think that even after the story for this series ends, everyone will have passed, but Frieren will still be there, but at least she will not be alone, due to the tales and legends of her and her friends exploits, when they gone on the journey to defeat the demon king before, and on the journey they currently are.
It just hits differently, and as you get older and maybe more anxious seeing your life go by (and supposing you have a meaningful life too), this series will only age well and hit you HARDER. T_T

Depressive talks aside, I'm very pleased to see, checking the source, that this episode only adapted to chapter 24 of volume 3, which makes it roughly 2 chapters per episode. There are at least 114-115 chapters out, right now we would have source material for at least another season of 24 episodes, by the time such a season 2 ended up finishing, the would-be time to then naturally also have material for a season 3!
With the success this series is making it is safe to say a S2 will come, just like Oshi no Ko, and we will get some quality time with Frieren in animated form for a long time, until the series completes itself.

That is wonderful, as long as this staff is kept, they are integral to the success and quality of the anime has, Madhouse hit GOLD with this.
And hopefully, this is only the start of a very promising career for this director!
Dec 6, 2023 7:26 AM

Sep 2020
This anime is really deep and it gives very positive message. I really like the conversion where Frieren and Kraft talks about their belives on God.

This and Vinland Saga are the only two anime I have seen so far which spread positive message about religion and existence of God.

I'm glad this is currently No.1 anime on MAL.
Dec 10, 2023 2:30 PM

Nov 2010
Considering they spent a whopping 6 months stuck in the same hut just surviving the winter, wouldn't it have been much smarter to just have waited 6 months in the warm comforts of the Count Granat's city instead? There's no way Frieren the winter wouldn't be that hard. Something doesn't make sense here.
Dec 10, 2023 5:54 PM

Nov 2010
Reply to Thyriad-oPPailov
She meets another elf and there is no lovey-dovey? :O What a waste for the story..
they also travel so slow.. why not use some transport or fly.. at least some times
Thyriad-oPPailov said:

Actually, it fits the story perfectly: in a previous episode, Frieren comments the reason elves are dying out is because they don't have a sex drive that compels them to reproduce, so they have children very rarely. Without a sex drive there is little probability they would be romantically attached as well (infatuation is a chemical reaction designed to make us reproduce etc etc).
Dec 11, 2023 8:23 PM

Aug 2019
“See you in a few centuries”
Damn how long do Elves live in this world?
Dec 12, 2023 6:37 AM
May 2016
its nice and chilll
Dec 15, 2023 9:39 AM
Jun 2017
the best anime i've ever seen
Dec 16, 2023 6:04 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Damn after Suwabe, and then Ayana, Dio also here? Stark truly enjoying himself sleeping with Kraft the Monk, not a craftman till the point he admire him so much before they separated. Fern reaction never missed to be always so stern, especially when its talk about Stark. While baba Frieren? Also never missed a chance to back tracing the past. Suddenly its become a gloom, just to the heaven already, baba....

Overall, after the climax of the previous arc, this is a good start before entering the northernland domain arc. Seems like more fun ahead, huh?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 16, 2023 10:24 AM

Oct 2023
interesting episode, hope Kraft makes more appearances later down the road
Dec 18, 2023 10:11 PM

Feb 2020
Dio elf surprised me a bit haha, cool to see though.
Winters are deadly

Dec 26, 2023 6:30 AM
Mar 2023
I love how she meet other elf
Dec 27, 2023 6:05 PM
Mar 2014
Extremely fluid and well-animated scenes, it's beautiful to see this quality
Dec 29, 2023 7:44 PM

Jul 2008
A snow year with another elf.
Dec 30, 2023 6:18 PM
Jul 2017
I like the show more and more each episode.
Jan 4, 6:36 PM
Aug 2016
Sweet message about friendship
Jan 6, 10:41 AM

Jan 2011
That was some arc...also this dub has been nothing short of amazing.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jan 7, 10:22 PM
Sep 2018
It was a very good episode
Jan 8, 4:45 AM

Jun 2017
After a couple lesser episodes, the series rebounds with a strong, thematically poignant episode.
Jan 9, 8:25 PM
Jan 2023
That lodge scene was just priceless XD
Jan 17, 6:58 AM
Jan 2024
I love how story tell and artwork
Jan 19, 7:44 PM
Jan 2024
好棒!感謝動畫組帶來的精彩演出
Jan 23, 1:15 AM
Aug 2018
This episode is pretty adorable. Not much happens, but even in the slow and uneventful episodes of this show, the animation is enough to carry me through. However, this episode doesn't feel unimportant. It just feels like its importance isn't known immediately. I guess we will see as I progress through the episodes!
Jan 24, 5:44 PM
Jan 2019
The best anime this season
Jan 25, 2:19 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow, it's great that Frieren finally met another elf after all that time
Jan 30, 10:29 PM

Feb 2016
I thought Kraft was kinda sus at first, but he is a really cool dude, it was so nice to see all of them having such a good time together during the winter.

I bet Frieren was thinking something like "I defeated a demon sage, saved the town, and now I'm eating a big ass borgar, best day ever" lol
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Feb 3, 1:45 PM

Aug 2020
A great episode of story building and winding down from the last two.
Feb 3, 5:16 PM
Dec 2023
It was amazing, awesome, and cool
Feb 11, 2:12 AM

Jul 2016
I am enjoying this a fair amount, time being used in such a way.
That guy is totally wood elf coded from skyrim, whereas frieren is more high elf.
Feb 12, 1:44 AM
Dec 2022
The Northern Lands winter is sure bleak and long. Somehow we may not see the last of Kraft the monk. Feels like a filler episode though.
Feb 15, 4:00 PM

Jul 2023
From the high of last episode, we are back to a normal episode which is by no means not charming.

I love the back and forth between past and present. Now we know that Heiter is an orphan which explains why he took care of Fern.

I don't know if it is a theme, that believing in a god (goddess in this case) is a wonderful feeling, even if that turns out to be BS. This is in line with the spirit of what William James spoke about in 'The Will to Believe' albeit this is expressed beautifully in the anime
patkarununganFeb 15, 4:03 PM
Feb 21, 12:04 AM

Oct 2013
Kraft is so based. I wish he joined Frieren's party instead of parting ways with it. I hope he will appear once again sometime.
Feb 23, 4:02 AM
Dec 2023
Literalmente não consigo gostar desta obra
Feb 25, 9:41 PM

Jan 2017
Stark casually got a 6-month training arc with a buff monk, and an elf on top of that too

Goddamnit I cant unhear Roswall from Re:Zero everytime Kraft speaks though
Feb 26, 5:03 PM
Jul 2018
The elf having the same voice as the ''bad music guy'''from mashle is so distracting^"

It doesn't really help at these anime are airing at the same time^" Smiling fren +10 tho
Mar 1, 8:06 PM
Feb 2024
to be honest its very good
Mar 6, 9:49 AM

Mar 2016
I love that insert song especially because it's used to depict Frieren, Fern and Stark living and milling with the town that they've saved. They are the heroes of that town. The funeral scene of the dead knights was also unexpectedly touching, we know one of them is Granat's son who died facing Aura, we don't even know what he looks like but this insert song sets up the atmosphere just right to feel emotional.

It's always a bit melancholic to leave a village, town, or nation that was just saved behind, but that's exactly what Frieren's party must do for their journey is still far from over... Now we're back to the relaxing and chill adventure vibe we had before the previous incidents. Stark is like the comedic relief of the party lol, but honestly, he needs another bro to be with him.

How wonderful is it that he got exactly what he needed? An elven bro! The way he woke up shocked was quickly erased as he saw just how shredded Kraft is, see this is why we need another guy in the party. I know for sure that Kraft had a ton of fun these past 6 months with him around, so was Fern because they both share a similar level of piety.

Frieren somewhat... Well, at least she knew that she's not the last elf. If anything, they both should get together! FOR THE SAKE OF THE ELVEN RACE!!! Although now that Kraft mentioned it, I wonder just how much older he is if he calls Frieren young despite being over 1000 years old. If the body of elves actually does grow as they age, then Frieren would be a teenage elf of over a millennia whilst Kraft would be an adult elf of several millennia. Man has seen a ton of shit. His presence was shortlived but he was a cool dude.
Mar 8, 3:19 PM
May 2022
Mad house cooking
Mar 12, 7:58 AM
Feb 2022
frieren-samaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2023

271 by LeCyyy »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 28 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 22

822 by Seruroku »»
Yesterday, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Sep 29, 2023

585 by BlueSnow93 »»
Yesterday, 4:14 PM

Poll: » "Sousou no Frieren" Adult Adaptation has been announced ( 1 2 )

deg - May 16

53 by Ionliosite2 »»
Yesterday, 11:40 AM

Poll: » Will Season 2 be just as good?

GoatPieceLuffy - May 22

29 by Pinoffin »»
Yesterday, 11:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.