Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Feb 6, 2021 12:08 PM

Oct 2014
WolfWood37 said:
So it's been Satoko all along? Ugh this show keeps making my head spin.
You spin me right round baby right round...
New to the series? :3
Intelligent gets through situations which wise avoids.
Feb 6, 2021 12:10 PM

Jul 2008
Hulio said:
WolfWood37 said:
So it's been Satoko all along? Ugh this show keeps making my head spin.
You spin me right round baby right round...
New to the series? :3

Nope but been a few years since I watched the old ones.
Feb 12, 2021 3:49 AM

May 2020
Well Ryuukishi wasnt being subtle when he asked viewers to focus on Satoko.
Feb 12, 2021 6:23 AM

Dec 2008
The plot actually demands that you remember the older Higurashi, good that I rewatched the stuff recently, although I can't tell which arc titles covers what story.

Satoko is such a bad, bad girl go back to your uncle XD
That scene had a few little problems though. Since everyone aside Rika isn't conscious of loops, it actually makes no sense that she draws a gun in this situation (wherever it came from..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 12, 2021 7:01 PM

Nov 2017
I guessed a gun was the present, but turns out it was the appreciation.
Feb 18, 2021 2:15 AM
Sep 2017
Damn... New to the series here. I'll be honest, I was barely hanging on in some of the last loops. Not that it was bad, but the 2nd loop and the 3rd loop's ending felt underwhelming. I did like the 3rd loop in that the uncle went ham. BUT anyway, I got sidetracked... This episode was epic. I almost felt like the series was over, i had to stop myself from actually checking if i was on the last episode to hang onto the suspense. I wanted them to be happy so bad... In one hand I do feel like the whole gun thing came out of nowhere, so that was kinda a "cheap twist" type of thing, but it was setup so well that I was shook. Now, one thing: Since the show is going to continue from here, does that mean that it's just going to glance over the fact that Rika knows about the curse or parasites or whatever is going on? I guess I dont want spoilers... but damn man! I cant stand it to just continue and never bring up Rika's knowledge again. I would definitely feel cheated, and knowing that the next arc (or at least I think) doesnt revolve around her, is a bit unsettling. I wanted to see her story be met with an end. One thing I am confused on, is the curse from the man in the dam that got cut up by the townsfolk? Now, if it is explained in the show, please no spoil. But if it flat out isnt explained... Yea, is it a curse from the man getting cut up, is it just a virus like resident evil situation, or is Rika herself cursed because she just doesnt want to be in the village forever and she undertook the responsibility of Oyashiro's shrine maiden? I'm kinda lost in the sauce on this one, and if things dont come together eventually, especially if I get into the other series, i might have to hate it lol.
Feb 18, 2021 2:57 PM

Nov 2013
Gou really is such a rollercoaster.
You all need to watch Nami.

Feb 24, 2021 1:44 AM

Apr 2020
I don't know what to expect anymore. Satoko being a looper blows my mind.
Feb 25, 2021 3:26 PM

Dec 2011
Oh my god I'm losing my mind. The TENSION kept me the whole time and you end it like THAT? Good thing I let it pile up from here bc holy shit.

To start off, who in their right mind would still be watching Gou if they haven't experienced original Higurashi? The episode spoils who the culprit was without context right at the start. I can't imagine this being at all enjoyable for them as a story. *insert random clip from kai at the beginning of the ep revealing who the culprit is* haha guys this is a remake, u can watch it out of order,, yea just a remake,,,

Okonogi! They made him look more like his Ciconia sprite here, didn't they? rip to the brighter green hair. Amakusa I was NOT expecting and on top of that they had Okonogi throw in a chessboard line, good lord.

Almost as if... there was certainty 👁️
My Lambda senses are tingling.

These were also lines I liked. Seems oddly specific and wise, almost as if Satoko has already thought about her trauma. I love them but I'm so suspicious and worried over that whole conversation.

The ending reveal was so GOOD... so she's been acting this whole time? I'm so ready.
CMYKFeb 25, 2021 3:30 PM
Mar 8, 2021 8:47 PM

Jan 2013
I knew that the happiness from this episode wouldn't last long...
But i do guess we have some more info about the curse, which is a disease, at least that. And apparently, that doctor was kinda behind this.

And the name of the next episode worries me quite a lot.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 13, 2021 9:19 AM

Mar 2010
Well shit now Rikka blew her cover, I mean now satako knows that rikas memories are retained.... So its like she can kill her over and over again... but what is exactly her end game if Satako kills rikka?

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 19, 2021 8:27 AM

Dec 2014
well this was confusing... was it the same timeline as previous one or simply a new one
Mar 20, 2021 5:31 AM

Jul 2019
Why is nobody in this discussion talk about this massively spoils Higurashi Kai
Jun 4, 2021 1:08 AM

Jun 2017
Just when Rika had a peaceful and happy moment only to be taken them away because that's how Higurashi goes.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Jun 23, 2021 8:02 AM

Mar 2014
That was an amazing twist, I have to be honest.
Jun 26, 2021 12:26 AM

Oct 2016
Takano magically confessed her evil plan, the first thing that happened in all these 100 years. I thought that her memories from different worlds made her feel guilty.

I was completely touched when Rika and the other club members celebrated Satoko's birthday. Remembering all about the Houjou siblings' suffering, about Satoko's nii-nii Satoshi and his sudden disappearance around Satoko's birthday the year before, I couldn't help but cry, until Rika pulled out a familiar yellow box.

I've been thinking about the presence of another reincarnator. How Rika was pulled back to 1983 Hinamizawa and why Hanyuu's fragment gave Rika the Onigari no Ryuuou shard, I had suspected that there is another reincarnator besides Rika.

And now it becomes clear. From Satoko's behavior, Rika suspected Satoko and planned to present the yellow box to uncover Satoko's ability. Satoko's memory from Onidamashi arc made her reflexively crouch to avoid the trap she thought to be in Rika's yellow box, which was not the case.

Still, how Satoko became a reincarnator, how she triggered the Hinamizawa Syndrome of some people, and why she did all of it are still mysteries.

I was constantly on edge throughout this episode, not wanting to get surprised by sudden tragedy. Rika better has a plan to counter Satoko's desperate move next episode.
Aug 25, 2021 8:36 AM

Jun 2009
god damn you lambdadelta
Oct 10, 2021 12:58 PM

Jan 2013
It definitely odd for Satoko to reach in such an extreme way, especially since she hadn't been found out by Rika after 100+ years of loops.
That's of course assuming she has been since Rika has, it could also be that she's been looping after the events of Kai so after Rika left Hinamizawa and was forced to restart again.

Interesting to see what they'll do with this development.
Dec 24, 2021 3:47 PM

Nov 2010
Wow, for the first time they got beyond June 22nd without any deaths happening.

So, that was the twist for that playthrough. Oyashiro trolling Rika until she figured it out. If she didn't figure it out nothing would've happened, right? She'll just keep rolling sixes till the end of time, right?
Sep 12, 2022 2:48 AM

Oct 2013
now this is the kind of exposition and build-up the previous arcs were missing. the feeling of uncertainty and something being off in regular day-to-day scenarios, mysteries that needs to be solved.
I still think satoko pulling a gun out of nowhere in front of all their other friends was still a ??? moment but compared to what we saw in previous episodes its almost forgivable lol
Jan 21, 2023 4:10 AM

Apr 2013
So Rika herself didn't really know why everything went so smoothly and rightfully assumed that it was someone else's doing. So it was Satoko, but she wants to kill Rika? After helping her? I don't get it.
Apr 14, 2023 2:10 AM
Oct 2012
I'm really wondering how i'm going to view this series knowing nothing at all about Umineko, if the connections are there at all. I guess we'll see. Satako being behind all of it doesn't make much sense to me at the moment however, without outside influences. And even that is dubious, we're approaching the end of Gou so I guess i'll see then!
Oct 14, 2023 2:41 AM

Sep 2009
All of this.

I haven't read/played Umineko but I may have to start if this is what's gonna go down.
Feb 20, 1:42 PM

Dec 2018
Bro where the fuck did that gun come from omfg.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

395 by Stinkyanimebrap »»
Mar 19, 9:57 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2021

314 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 2:59 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 14, 2021

317 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 1:11 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jan 7, 2021

166 by Drinzen »»
Feb 17, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Danpmss - Mar 11, 2021

313 by eblf2013 »»
Dec 13, 2023 5:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.