Forum Settings
Forums

Why do some people believe watching LOGH makes them smart?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 8, 2023 8:39 AM

Sep 2021
because anonymity is a drug that people cannot stop sniffing so that they can say whatever they want

Angelus_Lovell said:
What is LOHG? is that anime or maybe a genre?

Legend of the Galactic Heroes, it's an anime
Jan 8, 2023 8:47 AM

Jul 2019
People who use LOGH to better themselves on forums and sites are the true misfortune ones. Their stupid ego got better of them. 

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Jan 8, 2023 8:51 AM

Sep 2020
Good question. Watching spaceships throwing rays at each other with elementary school child level strategies and tactics is anything but smart.
Jan 8, 2023 8:53 AM

Nov 2018
Theo1899 said:
This is what happens when you base your identity on the crap you like.

It's a good thing I don't show the fact that I like femboys.

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Jan 8, 2023 10:20 AM
Jun 2021
JaniSIr said:
TheMechaManiac said:
Too bad the series never got a proper movie adaptation, I'd kill for that

Did you not see this one? https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1160419/
Or are you salty about it.
They certainly did make some changes they shouldn't have...

Not a fan of Villeneuve's Dune.
Don't like the way it looks, the fact they depicted Paul as spergic, the fact they made Liet into a BIPOC woman, even the music is just bland Zimmer nonsense.
I like the ornithopters and the way the shields look, but that's it.

And the Villeneuve fanboys are easily some of the most obnoxious people I've ever encountered. Take all the Gineiyuuden fanboys, add all the Evangelion fanboys and raise that to the power of 10. It's that bad.

So, end all be all conclusion when it comes to all the fanboy discussions we weebs have - There are fandoms far worse than anything anime related.
Hot Blood saves lives.
Jan 8, 2023 10:29 AM
May 2015
LOGH may not be for everyone, but it is objectively an incredibly well-written tale about a space war seen from both sides of the conflict, and the 80s anime adaptation boasts some great scenes for its age.

Jan 8, 2023 1:27 PM

Oct 2012
Haneken2086 said:
LOGH may not be for everyone, but it is objectively an incredibly well-written tale about a space war seen from both sides of the conflict, and the 80s anime adaptation boasts some great scenes for its age.

Is it though? The way I see it, Yang Wen-li is the clear protagonist of the series that makes everyone on the Galactic Empire side look like stereotypical one-dimensional villains that get easily outplayed if it weren't for their vast resources. And it's not surprising, considering the space epic is commonly an analogy of democracy or a revolution against an oppressive regime (e.g. Star Wars, et. al.). There's clearly no interest in seeing the perspective of fascists, unless their roles flip later on in the timeline or something.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jan 8, 2023 1:39 PM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
It is common for people to assume that people who don't like the anime they thought were smart and clever are simply too dumb to understand it. It's an easy way to dismiss other opinions while still feeling superior. I've seen people do this with even the most basic of anime like Hunter x Hunter and Boku no Hero Academia.

The truth is that any anime that would go above the heads of a significant portion of the community would not have a good reputation to begin with.
Jan 8, 2023 1:47 PM

Apr 2019
LotGH is a vanilla space Bildungsroman told for two main characters in parallel. It's long and has many characters, but one doesn't need to be overly smart to get it. Story telling is linear, strategies and motives are fully explained (sometimes overexplained even), and there's no symbolism or allegorical component which needed interpretation.

Thus: the show requires readiness for adult themes such as politics and social justice, but the presentation needs no brain to follow the story. A good memory to deal with the plentora of side characters is a plus.

Jan 8, 2023 2:02 PM

Nov 2021
because most of its "fandom" (if you can even call it that) is full of elitists. fr, some people just can't let people have their own opinions. it's bullshit, just ignore them. some people enjoy it, some people don't. at the end of the day it's all personal preference, so don't feel pressured to watch it, enjoy it, or anything else.
if i had a flower for every time i think of you, i could walk in my garden forever.
Jan 8, 2023 2:15 PM
Jul 2016
I'm currently watching LotGH right now!!!!!

It doesn't really make you smart tbh. I mean it's bugs bunny with spaceships and war for God's sake.

You watch it so you can see Reinhard and Yang Wenli play 3-D chess with various war strategies. Oh, there's this fortress that no one can go through! Well, not Yang Wenli. He can go through it, with only one fleet!!!! Twice!!!!

Look at the colorful triangles and squares as they get trapped and fly around - (ignoring that those are actually people who are getting murdered in horrific ways 🤣).

Watch the team roast Poplan because he can't keep it in his pants and constantly goes after ladies.

Watch all these corrupt government figures try to scheme and commit war crimes. Oh, you just want them to get their comeuppance!

Watch the anime reenact Julius Caesar's assassination 🤣.

The political stuff is fun too, I guess... Republican Democracy is not necessarily that great tbh (better than autocracy tho.)

But the show is sometimes really fucking boring 😴 tbh. It's 110 episodes, not all of them can be winners.

Who told you this was a show for smart people! Smart people don't spend their time watching anime lmao.
erikkamirsJan 8, 2023 2:20 PM
Jan 8, 2023 3:11 PM

Jan 2021
Mugiwara_Luffyy said:
>why do they believe in such things?
bcs they are dumb enough to not realise that it is dumb.

actually it's a meme that watching logh make you smart. many people don't even watch it.... and just add in their favourite to look smart. if i remember correctly, """Legend of the Gaalctic Heroes ruined anime for me""" is meme by gigguk or trash taste, from then it has became quite popular in anime community

Nemo_Niemand said:
Some people believe watching Monogatari makes them smart. Can you believe it?
this. i want to add fate fans too, especially nasu's boot-lickers.

I know it's not the topic of the thread, but were have you seen these Fate fans that believe are smart because they like Fate? I have been in multiple subreddits, wikis, etc and have never seen anyone that likes Fate call themselves "smart" for liking it.
Jan 8, 2023 3:13 PM

Jan 2021
Because watching boring germans in space talking about actual politics is something that will alienate most audiences, specially because it is old and long, so you can just pull the "you didn't get it" without even needing to get it yourself.
Jan 8, 2023 4:00 PM

Feb 2020
Ionliosite2 said:
Mugiwara_Luffyy said:
>why do they believe in such things?
bcs they are dumb enough to not realise that it is dumb.

actually it's a meme that watching logh make you smart. many people don't even watch it.... and just add in their favourite to look smart. if i remember correctly, """Legend of the Gaalctic Heroes ruined anime for me""" is meme by gigguk or trash taste, from then it has became quite popular in anime community

this. i want to add fate fans too, especially nasu's boot-lickers.

I know it's not the topic of the thread, but were have you seen these Fate fans that believe are smart because they like Fate? I have been in multiple subreddits, wikis, etc and have never seen anyone that likes Fate call themselves "smart" for liking it.
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya

Jan 8, 2023 4:53 PM

Nov 2020
Ionliosite2 said:

I can tell you that. He hasn't. The reason that all these other people have magically seen the elitist boogeyman, and you haven't, is because they are all lying through their teeth to stick an image, and you are a normal human being. No, no fan of Fate has ever made that claim. Though unfortunately for Fate fans, it's doomed to be lumped in with this shit anyway because Nasu is a good writer.
Jan 8, 2023 5:10 PM

Aug 2020
Favourites - LoGH, Ping Pong, Evangelion, Tenshi no Tamago, Ashita no Joe.

Mean Score: 3 or 4

We have all seen one or two random users in this site with this very description or favourites.

Jan 8, 2023 5:11 PM

Oct 2020
I don't think that's the case at large. There'll always be people who tie themselves with certain works , they like the idea of being seen as one who can appreciate an ''elevated work''. LOGH is amazing , so it's understandable that some elitism appears within the fanbase , no big deal 
Jan 9, 2023 12:44 AM

Oct 2012
DoisacChopper said:
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya
ZechTearz said:
Ionliosite2 said:

I can tell you that. He hasn't. The reason that all these other people have magically seen the elitist boogeyman, and you haven't, is because they are all lying through their teeth to stick an image, and you are a normal human being. No, no fan of Fate has ever made that claim.
Dude, look at the poster right above you LOL. I think the real reason is that you two are abjectly blind.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jan 9, 2023 1:04 AM

Nov 2020
katsucats said:
DoisacChopper said:
ZechTearz said:

I can tell you that. He hasn't. The reason that all these other people have magically seen the elitist boogeyman, and you haven't, is because they are all lying through their teeth to stick an image, and you are a normal human being. No, no fan of Fate has ever made that claim.
Dude, look at the poster right above you LOL. I think the real reason is that you two are abjectly blind.

Whatever, fuck it, I'll bite. This is the dumbest thing anyone has ever said in reply to me on the internet in my entire life.
Jan 9, 2023 1:09 AM

Oct 2012
ZechTearz said:
katsucats said:

Whatever, fuck it, I'll bite. This is the dumbest thing anyone has ever said in reply to me on the internet in my entire life.
Because it's so dumb to point out the fact that you failed to read the post above you before making your little rant... I guess you just don't have the high IQ needed to understand the show you're fanboying for then.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jan 9, 2023 1:16 AM
Pirate King

Oct 2022
Ionliosite2 said:
but were have you seen these Fate fans that believe are smart because they like Fate?
here on mal and many times on /a/.

DoisacChopper said:
Ionliosite2 said:

katsucats said:
DoisacChopper said:
ZechTearz said:

sorry, if you all are being sarcastic, but some fate fans unironically believe that "you must very high iq to understand it" . i am not going to link all those post or @/users, so i am simply leaving this link to give you brief idea regarding it...

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1918279&show=90#msg63622061

To actually understand Shiro Emiya requires you to research Sigmund Freud and Jacques Derrida, which you would then use your intelligence to put Psychoanalysis and the concept of deconstruction philosphy into one. MAL users are just not smart enough for that.
Mugiwara_LuffyyJan 9, 2023 1:22 AM
Jan 9, 2023 10:32 AM

Jan 2011
i can only speak for my experience, LOGH episode discussions were fun an it had chill people, hell even the remake episode discussion were full of people that were enjoying it instead of complaining about the new artstyle

we all did hate the Golden Wings movie though
Jan 9, 2023 10:41 AM

Apr 2019
ani147 said:
Because they, similarly to One Piece fans, have the time and patience to invest into a long, slow and old anime maybe. The difference is, OP fans do not throw it down your troat and think that liking it makes them better than anyone else, while in real life they're probably stuck up and can't make a conversation for their life...
 But hey, that's just a theory :3
idk what op fans you have met because the ones i did do attack you for not reading "goda"'s manga lol.

anyway i guess bc its not kinda popular with today's western base the few who did watch GED/LoGH start thinking things like "oh the others dont watch it because theyre tasteless and immature etc" to praise themselves and not care about it being much loved? idk
Jan 9, 2023 12:57 PM

Nov 2015
You should ask that troll That Anime Snob here on MAL ( @ThatAnimeSnobRe )

He has a whole Youtube  channel shiting on modern anime & manga.

HACKs! 🤢🤮
Jan 9, 2023 1:06 PM

Nov 2015
Tsunamii_ said:
What is LOGH btw ?????????????????

Legend of the galactic heros 

A old OVA that would be way better as a yaoi.

HACKs! 🤢🤮
Jan 9, 2023 2:05 PM

Mar 2019
I don't really know if people are like that, don't really know why anyone would think themselves to be smart for having seen it either. I mean they even take the trouble of explaining things for the viewer, you just have to pay attention while watching and try to remember who anyone is, much like watching a historical documentary really. I mean the narrator basically does most of the heavy lifting for you.
Jan 9, 2023 4:19 PM

Oct 2012
kyonkyonkun said:
ani147 said:
Because they, similarly to One Piece fans, have the time and patience to invest into a long, slow and old anime maybe. The difference is, OP fans do not throw it down your troat and think that liking it makes them better than anyone else, while in real life they're probably stuck up and can't make a conversation for their life...
 But hey, that's just a theory :3
idk what op fans you have met because the ones i did do attack you for not reading "goda"'s manga lol.
Exactly. I should note that besides Re:Zero and JJK fans, I've gotten the most irrational rants from One Piece fans saying I'd never understand how deep it is, how sad all the backstories are, how all the characters are the epitome of adulthood, and why all the NPC children with sappy backstories make One Piece a Master Piece, etc. I've counted half a dozen people messaging me randomly with tear-filled rants. I had to turn my wall to private because of these people.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jan 9, 2023 4:35 PM

Apr 2019
katsucats said:
kyonkyonkun said:
Exactly. I should note that besides Re:Zero and JJK fans, I've gotten the most irrational rants from One Piece fans saying I'd never understand how deep it is, how sad all the backstories are, how all the characters are the epitome of adulthood, and why all the NPC children with sappy backstories make One Piece a Master Piece, etc. I've counted half a dozen people messaging me randomly with tear-filled rants. I had to turn my wall to private because of these people.
eeeh isnt there a way to block ppl there? :0 strange
Jan 9, 2023 4:53 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Isn't that with all "big brain" series? Evangelion, LOGH, Steins;Gate?
Jan 9, 2023 5:08 PM

Jan 2008
CyberLucy said:
So i was scrolling through the forum and i came across a thread where people were calling those who dont like LOHG are idiots, and they failed to comprehend it. This is not the first time when i read something like that. I often come across such discussion regarding LOGH on MAL, twitter or anywhere else, where people are label as "dumb" or "having bad taste" for not liking logh.                                                    

Has anyone else noticed this? what do you think,  why do they believe in such things?
It's objectively a fact that watching LOGH adds braincells.
Jan 9, 2023 5:19 PM

May 2021
That people never read Politics by Aristotle or any Greco-Roman war/politics/history related book neither post middle ages books of that type (Leviathan, Social Contract, The Spirit of the Laws, etc), so when they see a decent use of political concepts in an anime, they think the anime is a masterpiece just because of that but isn't even close to it, also the use of classical music in the OST helps to increase that misleaded opinion. Anyways LotGH will never come even close to things like Romance of the Three Kingdoms, The Bible, The Iliad, Njals Saga, Muqqadimahs though for an anime it is definitely an above average work.
Jan 9, 2023 8:22 PM

Feb 2016
Catalano said:
I don't know, I watched the show and it was bad, the conflicts and the politics make no sense, it's stupid and full of plot holes
This was my reason for dropping it. I thought the point of this show was to be smart, yet I felt dumber watching it. One might as well watch Code Geass instead.

-Xenophon- said:
Anyways LotGH will never come even close to things like Romance of the Three Kingdoms, The Bible, The Iliad, Njals Saga, Muqqadimahs though for an anime it is definitely an above average work.
Then why do anime adaptations of those works have lower scores? Serious question.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/970/Yokoyama_Mitsuteru_Sangokushi
https://myanimelist.net/anime/2282/Tezuka_Osamu_no_Kyuuyaku_Seisho_Monogatari__In_the_Beginning
LucifrostJan 9, 2023 8:30 PM
その目だれの目?
Jan 9, 2023 9:13 PM

May 2021
Lucifrost said:
Catalano said:
I don't know, I watched the show and it was bad, the conflicts and the politics make no sense, it's stupid and full of plot holes
This was my reason for dropping it. I thought the point of this show was to be smart, yet I felt dumber watching it. One might as well watch Code Geass instead.

-Xenophon- said:
Anyways LotGH will never come even close to things like Romance of the Three Kingdoms, The Bible, The Iliad, Njals Saga, Muqqadimahs though for an anime it is definitely an above average work.
Then why do anime adaptations of those works have lower scores? Serious question.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/970/Yokoyama_Mitsuteru_Sangokushi
https://myanimelist.net/anime/2282/Tezuka_Osamu_no_Kyuuyaku_Seisho_Monogatari__In_the_Beginning

Isn't even only anime adaptations, most of any kind of adaptation from those books weren't remarkable, in general they are too complex, boring, unappealing, dense, intricated that they would only work in the book format, any other kind of adaptation would 99.9% of the time fail to reach the levels of the original. I checked that Bible adaptation and it's oriented to children while the original source of the adaptation (Genesis and Exodus) isn't exactly family friendly and excesively complex for childrens to understand, so already the rating of the adaptation is compromised. In the case of LotGH, it happens that the original material fits very well into being adapted to anime (that speaks for itself) and yet you will find people who will say that the original source is better.
Jan 10, 2023 12:32 AM

Aug 2020
-Xenophon- said:
That people never read Politics by Aristotle or any Greco-Roman war/politics/history related book neither post middle ages books of that type (Leviathan, Social Contract, The Spirit of the Laws, etc), so when they see a decent use of political concepts in an anime, they think the anime is a masterpiece just because of that but isn't even close to it, also the use of classical music in the OST helps to increase that misleaded opinion. Anyways LotGH will never come even close to things like Romance of the Three Kingdoms, The Bible
you mean "The Bible" as in THE Bible?
Jan 10, 2023 1:04 AM

May 2021
TRC_Randy said:
-Xenophon- said:
That people never read Politics by Aristotle or any Greco-Roman war/politics/history related book neither post middle ages books of that type (Leviathan, Social Contract, The Spirit of the Laws, etc), so when they see a decent use of political concepts in an anime, they think the anime is a masterpiece just because of that but isn't even close to it, also the use of classical music in the OST helps to increase that misleaded opinion. Anyways LotGH will never come even close to things like Romance of the Three Kingdoms, The Bible

Old Testament specifically to be more precise but yes, I am atheist btw, I don't believe in God nor UFO, Ghost, Karma, Demons, the Soul and Spirit or any of that hippie sh*t.
Jan 10, 2023 1:09 AM

Aug 2020
-Xenophon- said:
TRC_Randy said:

Old Testament specifically to be more precise but yes, I am atheist btw, I don't believe in God nor UFO, Ghost, Karma, Demons, the Soul and Spirit or any of that hippie sh*t.
oh. Why do you think it's a great work (or at least better than lotgh)?
Jan 10, 2023 1:24 AM

Feb 2020
I find the argument that is you didn't like an anime in general then you are labeled as dumb. Smart people can not like intelligently written stories because there is this key thing and it's called entertainment. So what am I stupid for not liking something that is well written but fails to entertain me. Well then what's the point there were plenty of moments I was bored out of my mind watching Monster I wouldn't call me or any other that feels the same way stupid. As for LOGH I have no desire to watch nor care too.
Jan 10, 2023 1:59 AM

May 2021
TRC_Randy said:
-Xenophon- said:

oh. Why do you think it's a great work (or at least better than lotgh)?

The combination of historical elements plus mythology, symbolism, philosophy and judicial/law status. I remember when I was a kid, I took Adam and Eve story as snakes are looked in bad ways since old times and humans like to deceive their faults to other animals/people, then latter I read an interpretation saying that the snake represented sexual desire and that fits very well also but isn't neither a perfect interpretation, tons of stories in the book have multiple meanings just like that, I wouldn't lie to you and say I understand them all. I also liked the prose, I would love being able to talk like that. Reading it also helps you to foresee tons of classic and modern stories influenced by the book (that's if you are able to remember all the characters and names), while also understanding the references made by the authors.
Jan 10, 2023 3:05 AM
Jul 2018
People who like to project intelligence through the anime they watch aren't worth the attention. If they were really someone special, they'd be using that intelligence to make some money for themselves rather than trying to appear like somebody in the TV shows they watch.
Jan 10, 2023 6:53 AM

Feb 2016
-Xenophon- said:
Reading it also helps you to foresee tons of classic and modern stories influenced by the book (that's if you are able to remember all the characters and names), while also understanding the references made by the authors.
Someone on this site recently complained about people who don't watch influential anime, but he showed no concern when I pointed out they don't read the Bible either.
その目だれの目?
Jan 10, 2023 10:05 AM

Jul 2015
@katsucats Going in blind, I hope we Lydian enjoyers are the highest IQ people out there.

I've got a thing for Lydian b7 and the IVth degree of minor harmonic too, but I guess they don't go that far. *insert monocle emoji here*

edit: skimmed through the second one, it's like "people who enjoy minor chords and tonalities are more introspective than others"
minor chords and tonalities: Everywhere in approximately every style except major blues and the Ramones.
edit2: lmao I'm not trusting that one about music genres. Maybe it's me being a science denier, but I find it very interesting how it lumps all the black music together at the bottom of the chart. You can't tell me anyone with two neurons firing up would prefer Coldplay to Coltrane (((^:
DeathkoJan 10, 2023 10:20 AM
Jan 10, 2023 10:14 AM

Aug 2017
Cuz LOGH fandom is the face of elitist fandom along with other elitist mainstream old anime fandoms like Cowboy Bebop and Eva. I read they were complaining a lot once since 2018 due to the remake modern designs (either look younger, how is that a issue? or a more faithful adaptation). Ironically, the remake made LOGH a bit more popular since its more friendly to new anime fans. The funny part the LOGH fandom are OVA elitists rather than source elitists, the new adaptation is more faithful to the original source than the OVA. I remember they were making a big fuss about any remake decision different than the OVA no matter if the OVA decision was even anime-original or it was just a different character interpretation. That's why I avoid anime fandom at all costs especially if its from an old anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 10, 2023 10:19 AM

Jul 2015
As a certified NGE fan, I laugh softly and sip tea in the shadows everytime someone mentions it with tears of frustration in his voice. And let me tell you, after nearly a decade here, I'm seriously addicted to tea.

The irony is that actual NGE fans love you all, even with your insecurities and random hatred UwU
Jan 10, 2023 11:03 AM

Jan 2011
TRC_Randy said:
-Xenophon- said:

oh. Why do you think it's a great work (or at least better than lotgh)?i found that funny 
i found that funny, i ead the Bible a few years ago an its a chore of a book, the Book of Numbers in particular is among the most boring things you can possibly find
still never thought that someone d want to compare LOGH to the Bible
Jan 10, 2023 2:09 PM

Dec 2019
I screenshotted this literally just yesterday cuz the signature is hilarious but true. LOGH fans are nowhere as annoying as pretentious Evangelion fans who believe they're superior cause they understand the entire lore 

[font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][/font]
Jan 10, 2023 4:32 PM

Oct 2013
Old_School_Akira said:
A old OVA that would be way better as a yaoi.

I heard it has so many bromance scenes and homoerotic elements, so in a way it wouldn't be wrong to call it as soft yaoi.

Not gonna lie, I'd watch it if it was more yaoi-centered. It could be more entertaining than edgy drama about space war, in my opinion. At least that's what I heard about LotGH's plot.
AdnashJan 10, 2023 4:37 PM
Jan 10, 2023 9:53 PM

Dec 2013
LOGH's fanbase is still alive, imagine that. I figured that last season that came out, a year or so ago wouldn't amount to much. But apparently it's fans are still squirming heh.
Don't think to deeply about it, a toxic fanbase here and there are a given. They just want to get attention drawn to them, so that they can believe they're opinion matters. It's the case for all fanbases of that nature.

Jan 10, 2023 10:40 PM

Aug 2016
Is LoGH smart? Yes. Im not trying to be an *sshole here. Yes, I think its smart. Most of the time.
Are you an idiot if you dont like LoGH? Enjoying smart stuff isnt necesarilly linked to being smart. So NOPE. But theres a detail here: LoGH has to do more with endurance. LoGH has bricks of text and the direction is too damn rigid. The only way you can enjoy such a tiring experience is if you are actually captivated by the characters and have fun with the the politic conspiracy since the beginning. Anyway, If you end up disliking it after watching some of it, thats ok, but no one should avoid an anime just because some of the fanbase is annoying. 
:v
Jan 11, 2023 5:55 AM

Jul 2014
It is a genuinely sophisticated show and it's got an elegant, regal aesthetic which emphasizes that. But yeah, watching a smart show doesn't make you smart. Just look at the most vocal fan of the show online, for example. He's a 40-something permavirgin with the maturity and self-awareness of a teenage /a/ lurker who spends all of his time chasing clout and picking fights with teenage shounen fans. So no, liking LoGH doesn't automatically make you smart despite it being one of anime's crown jewels. 
Take care of yourself

Jan 11, 2023 6:00 AM

Jun 2022
Because people are elitists they feel better/more important by belitteling others. I have no problem when someone likes it, after all everyone has different taste but for me it's a boring unwatchable show.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» What anime you think was carried by a single character?

Shizuna - 9 hours ago

44 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
43 seconds ago

» What Anime has the most genres & themes on MAL?

Zarutaku - 3 hours ago

2 by eblf2013 »»
4 minutes ago

» does anyone find it childish and cringe whenever attacks are yelled or named in shonen anime/manga? ( 1 2 )

Phantomnocomics - Jun 8

63 by Brunilde »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » Anime that fail the Bechdel test

fluffycow17 - Sep 8, 2021

33 by eblf2013 »»
9 minutes ago

» First look at "THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE WAR OF THE ROHIRRIM" Anime Film.

Old_School_Akira - 3 hours ago

13 by Memore »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.