Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 4, 2023 7:30 AM

Nov 2011
Nice, I like how they're still using the letterbox format to give the episode a soft movie like feel.

It's an interesting return to this anime imo, with the cast back and still keeping in shape with their goals. There's even some focus on other sports like basketball and soccer although archery is still the main sport. Masaki is still really impressive with his accurate shots. He hasn't lost his talent and might be at the peak.

On another technical level, I also enjoyed the soundtrack of this episode. 
Jan 4, 2023 8:48 AM
Sep 2015
After the tragedy, the courage to make Tsurune sequel is already a win for KyoAni, but the ability to outperform a high expectation is a win for everyone. Tsurune is KyoAni's answer to the highly competitive anime market, when many studios are trying to create or to adapt a story with difficult visual to animated, and studio can be replaced or get demanded to be replaced for a new season if it makes a bad animation, but KyoAni is gonna compete with itself, and deliver a story that only KyoAni can deliver.
Jan 4, 2023 8:53 AM
Sep 2018
First episode was so good!😍
Jan 4, 2023 9:06 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Stellar start from production perspective, beautiful all around.

That said, i'm still not caring much about the characters or plot like in season 1 so i'm in it for KyoAni. 
Jan 4, 2023 9:09 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, the show and its eye-pleasing visuals are back! Got to love and appreciate KyoAni for being able to produce content of this quality. Personally, the story of this series was so-so but it was more the production values and the characters that made the first season entertaining, so I'm looking forward to more of that this time around too. And based on this first episode, it looks like we're in good hands. 

It is nice to see the Kazemai Koukou Kyuudou-bu in such high spirits when it comes to Kyuudou. Of course, it only begins with just a shot or two, Minato xD. Masa-san is still insightful as always and knows just what's right for the team to achieve greater heights. Incorporating the yagoe, which is to let out a grunt or something similar right after firing, is an interesting little change and I'm curious to see where this'll go. For now, it seems like just what they need. 

Luck Life's Op is a banger, once again. What's even better is that the strong visuals surely complement it too. Looks like we're in for a good ride here.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 4, 2023 9:16 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 4, 2023 9:19 AM

Oct 2009
I'm getting early/classic Free! vibes here. Still absolutely in love with it, years later.
Jan 4, 2023 9:51 AM

Jul 2015
It's nice to see KyoAni back once again even with this cursed series.
Pretty good first episode. I wish giris would also have more screentime and impact on the story.

Jan 4, 2023 10:13 AM
Oct 2020
yellowheartren said:
I'm getting early/classic Free! vibes here. Still absolutely in love with it, years later.
+1 can't agree more on that ^^

nice intro man.
The animation, the music, overall feeling was pretty nice.

The new rival looks interesting, too.

Jan 4, 2023 10:54 AM
May 2022
The animation is absolutely stunning. Epic opening as well. Super intrigued and impressed.
BEASTARS Season 3 will be the best anime ever :)
Jan 4, 2023 10:57 AM

Jun 2013
I'm glad and thankful to Kyoani for being back and bringing this for fans to enjoy once again. I've been waiting for this ever since they made the announcement for the sequel. Beautiful animation as always and love the details. I missed everyone (and Masa-san's muscles lol). Excited to see how this season's plot will turn out especially with the new team introduced. 
Jan 4, 2023 10:58 AM
Dec 2020
the music, the characters, the animation, ahhh what a beautiful first episode
Jan 4, 2023 11:17 AM
Feb 2022
Where can I watch it?
Jan 4, 2023 11:58 AM

May 2015
marinirys said:
Where can I watch it?

HiDive or sail the 7 seas
Jan 4, 2023 12:52 PM
Jan 2021
I had forgotten the beauty of this anime. Quiet, contemplative, and artistic. I am going to savor this new season.
Jan 4, 2023 1:15 PM

Jul 2020
Good first episode! As expected the visuals are gorgeous, and I was surprised at the amount of focus placed on other sports. Will be an interesting second season I’m sure!

"Truth is always a cruel thing."

Jan 4, 2023 1:33 PM
Oct 2020
Good to see this again!
Jan 4, 2023 2:06 PM
Feb 2021
The episode felt nostalgic! I really enjoyed it and can't wait for more (especially to know more about the new characters who appeared in the end) o・ω・o 
Jan 4, 2023 2:11 PM

Feb 2014
I enjoyed watching the first season a few years back, so I had to watch season 2 while it aired this time. =)

This episode was a nice way to get used to Minato and his friends as they enjoy a sports festival at their school before having Kyudo practice. As expected, the production values from KyoAni are as superb as ever and it always succeeds in putting a smile on my face.

I do look forward to seeing how the guys will get on this season, with them preparing for a regional competition first before the nationals.
Jan 4, 2023 2:18 PM

Sep 2014
I missed the boys so much!
What a beautiful 1st ep!! 
Jan 4, 2023 2:40 PM

Jan 2020
Kirisaki and Shu won't be the only opponents they need to watch out for, huh? 

Despite the long gap, KyotoAni came back strong. Kudos to them for always delivering top-notch animation and paying great attention to the smallest details. 
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Jan 4, 2023 4:27 PM

May 2015
That opening was Hibike Euphonium levels of gorgeous, K-Ani never fails to impress glad to see this back.
Jan 4, 2023 6:19 PM
Mar 2017
i love this episode
Jan 4, 2023 7:28 PM
Nov 2021
It was great. Can't wait for more to release!
Jan 4, 2023 8:20 PM

Feb 2019
Not a bad start to this second season, a new "villain" was introduced, which was expected since there wouldn't be much of a story if there's no bad guy.

But oh-em-gee! Masa & Minato are making me squee silently on the inside lol And Fuu landing on Minato's shoulder like it was the most natural thing to do got Seiya all jealous lol Yeah, I'm just having some unrequited BL happening in my head lol
Jan 4, 2023 8:46 PM

Mar 2020
As someone who just finished Season 1 of Tsurune a few days ago, I find the whole series quite interesting for a sports anime, in that it's different from the rest. It's a quiet, and rather chill series, definitely not overly loud. You won't find too much edgy teen drama here, and that's a breath of fresh air, despite the plot still being generic at times.

As for this episode, it felt like we were easing back into the world of Kyudo, and it felt good to get back into it. A very chill episode, with some slice of life elements, and a nice reintroduction to the characters. The characters I do hope we see more of this season are the girls of the Kyudo Club, since they didn't add much to the story last season.

Any way you slice it, KyoAni always does a good job animating things, and this is no exception. Good start here.
Jan 4, 2023 10:35 PM
Jul 2019
KyoAni it's back completly & Tsurune it's back too: The last aired anime before the biggest tragedy for the studio it's back keeping the quality in all.

Also, i'm happy for see back Minato and the team in this season. it's a very good start for the current fans of the franchise an also for a newcomers to learn the world of Kyudo.
Jan 4, 2023 10:52 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
a new season for the boys obssesed of the "arc"!!!

New rivals and returns of the old rival!!! kekeke
Jan 4, 2023 11:31 PM
Oct 2021
the animation was so good fr
Jan 5, 2023 12:43 AM

Jul 2015
A beautiful first episode. So glad this anime is back. 

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
✦ set by Araberu
⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

Jan 5, 2023 2:32 AM
Dec 2020
this episode reminded me of why i loved the first season so much. it’s a rather simple story but the beauty that kyoani creates is just so unique. i cannot wait for the rest of the season.
Jan 5, 2023 2:52 AM

May 2020
I went all the way to watch the first season few days ago just so I can watch every episodes of S2 while airing, and it was worth it honestly. I love the way the animation was executed for every scene they throw arcs added with great music and sound effect. Only KyoAni could make an average show into something I enjoy watching. Now everytime the studio will air a new anime I'll make sure to post something so I can have an even better experience that I would have normaly. Great first episode and new rivals will arrive soon enough, better watch out

MAL is the perfect place to shit talk about people's opinions.
Jan 5, 2023 3:12 AM

Dec 2021
Omg it's so good wtf it's got like this nice chill vibe about it that just makes it so interesting and unique, I want all the episodes to be out already😭  lol
Jan 5, 2023 3:31 AM

Jan 2021
Merha~! It's been a long time since I last heard that.

It's here. I finally get to see Seiya again :') and Masa-san!! He's as cool as ever.

It seems that this new rival will be... a bit annoying. I hope the boys make it to national... hopefully the bruise on Ryouhei's hand won't worsen and make it harder for him to draw the bow. :(

Quiet, calm, leafy, soothing, and relaxing. Welcome back, Tsurune!

Jan 5, 2023 5:48 AM

Jun 2019
has tsurune's animation always been this beautiful? maybe I just love the lighting - ty kyoani. looking forward to this season!
Jan 5, 2023 10:41 AM

Jul 2016
Damn, this show had female archers as well. I totally forgot.

Nice start overall. Pretty chill and seeing Minato being so talkative sure is a pleasant surprise. Already not a fan of the new "asshole" character tho.
Jan 5, 2023 12:46 PM

Apr 2012
yellowheartren said:
Hilly-chan89 said:
+1 can't agree more on that ^^

nice intro man.
The animation, the music, overall feeling was pretty nice.

The new rival looks interesting, too.

All that this show has in common with Free is that it is the same all-male moe show. Otherwise, Tsurune has much more in common with Hibike than anything else.
Jan 5, 2023 1:59 PM

Feb 2010
I got kind of bored with the first season but I wanted to at least trying watching this one because I liked the characters. So far it's not too bad. It'll be interesting to see how what they're setting up will play out
Jan 5, 2023 2:21 PM
Dec 2021
The animation in this anime never disappoints! Every second of the first episode was a piece of art and so blessing to the eye. Tsurune is like no other Anime when it comes to the animation, even the story is so unique and new. Strong start for the second season, we're blessed enough to have a second one. So excited for the next episodes!
Jan 5, 2023 3:38 PM
Apr 2020
it was beautiful!
Jan 5, 2023 3:44 PM

Jun 2015
RobertBobert said:
yellowheartren said:
All that this show has in common with Free is that it is the same all-male moe show. Otherwise, Tsurune has much more in common with Hibike than anything else.

I think it says a lot about the tone of the show (contrasting to Free) based on the opening and ending themes alone, and the fact that neither are sung by the voice actors in the way that Free (and even Hibike) does, which seems to fuel Kyoani's venture on hosting concerts for those shows with the voice actors regularly.

I do hope that with the addition of the new rival group, they are able to balance the cast well, which I found that Free couldn't handle by the time season 3 came.
Jan 5, 2023 3:53 PM

Apr 2012
shoopie said:
RobertBobert said:

I think it says a lot about the tone of the show (contrasting to Free) based on the opening and ending themes alone, and the fact that neither are sung by the voice actors in the way that Free (and even Hibike) does, which seems to fuel Kyoani's venture on hosting concerts for those shows with the voice actors regularly.

I do hope that with the addition of the new rival group, they are able to balance the cast well, which I found that Free couldn't handle by the time season 3 came.
If they stay completely true to the original LN, which is not always the case with KyoAni, then it will become even more Hibike-ish due to the division of characters into shinyuu couples and threes and deep immersion in emotional experiences. There's a reason why there's a scene later in LN where the characters joke that the MC has his own harem.
Jan 5, 2023 10:55 PM
Dec 2022
all the character looks soooo good it's a really good anime too totally recommended 10/10!!!
Jan 5, 2023 11:06 PM
Apr 2022
Archery....its kinda dull spectator sport.
Add to that, the mundane day-day life of the students.

But what is this KyoAni magic I just watched?

That OST, the composition, the camerawork, those angles, that animation quality.

Edit, rather than double post.
Luck Life, the band doing the OP, also did the ED for Bungou Stray Dogs S4. Very nice songs both! Group is going places. Lantis even included the Bungo's ED into the Tsurune OP single release. Didnt realise until I played it lol.
thehornedratJan 7, 2023 3:43 AM
Jan 7, 2023 12:32 PM

May 2017
wonder if we'll get more focus on the girls team? we didn't get to learn a lot about them in the first season, but I would like if they would train more often with the boys team
Jan 9, 2023 6:29 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It looks better than the previous season especially the visuals and the light it's promising for the next episodes
Jan 9, 2023 11:33 AM

Oct 2017
Thought so and after watching the episode I'm now sure that I should rewatch the first season before continuing this season cause it's been a while and I dun remember much of it. So gonna hold off continuing this season till then.
Jan 9, 2023 5:33 PM

Jun 2015
MegamiRem said:
Thought so and after watching the episode I'm now sure that I should rewatch the first season before continuing this season cause it's been a while and I dun remember much of it. So gonna hold off continuing this season till then.
I don't know if it will be the bets way to catch up to it, but the recap movie's bluray is coming out this month in Japan. HIDIVE did mention screening it as well in 2023.
Jan 14, 2023 9:41 AM
Oct 2022
Maybe they're just setting things up, but this episode was so boring, except for the sexy abdominal shots. I liked the first season.
Jan 14, 2023 11:26 PM

Aug 2014
This show was very beautiful
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsurune: Tsunagari no Issha Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2023

28 by chuuolait »»
Jun 24, 8:33 PM

» English dub

asanap62 - Jun 10

0 by asanap62 »»
Jun 10, 8:50 PM

Poll: » Tsurune: Tsunagari no Issha Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2023

32 by MiyukiKennedy »»
Jun 7, 12:07 AM

Poll: » Tsurune: Tsunagari no Issha Episode 13 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 29, 2023

32 by 234Mannan »»
Jun 1, 4:57 AM

Poll: » Tsurune: Tsunagari no Issha Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2023

21 by Seven »»
Dec 19, 2023 7:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.