Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Executioner and Her Way of Life
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 20, 2022 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
Episode had a mix of drama, comedy, and also dark moments. It was hard to take Akari seriously but that's just her personality.

Feels like something more sinister is going to build into the next episode though.
May 20, 2022 9:58 AM

Feb 2020
This was a great build up episode. I'm sure the next one will be more action-packed.

Lol at Akari. I love her cute personality.

Manon is a pure psycho. The sound of the noble choking was pretty disturbing.

Poor Momo got jealous. x3

SerafosJun 25, 6:09 AM
May 20, 2022 10:05 AM

Feb 2019
The sound of the one noble choking herself to death is legitimately haunting. Great set up episode for the confrontation between Manon and Menou. So cute how Momo is beginning to take a liking to the princess lol.

Her going for drinks with her would’ve been unthinkable a few weeks ago. Plenty of great Akari moments today too. She was so clingy with waking menou up, it’s adorable. Also stunning in her outfit https://imgur.com/a/VWN4Qs3

As usual, my fave episode of the week among the seasonals. Can’t wait for next week.
Marinate1016May 20, 2022 10:15 AM
May 20, 2022 10:25 AM

May 2020
Another maniac appeared, and she seems to be the most complete one out of those we had till now. Say one word against her, and you'll be something.. well don't know what that was.

Also Akari should stop acting like a spoiled child for a change every now and then.
May 20, 2022 10:55 AM

Jul 2017
When luring Akari into the Pandemonium didn't help one bit because of her Pure Concept of Time powers, going to the next town with her beckons the next secret plan for Menou. The only problem: assassins of the Fourth whom know of Menou as Flare's apprentice whom were responsible for the train incident.

The new woman: Head of the Fourth Manon Libelle, whom bares the legality sense of the Witch in Snow White being with the apple, she's one hell of a maniac with the easily manufacturable Red Ether drug to exact revenge against Flare's apprentice Flarette a.k.a Menou. The Church (via Pastor Sicilia) does not appreciate Menou keeping Akari around for reasons I can understand of the fantasy world's functions, but in exchange, investigating this "Monstrine" that the Fourth is involved in will help rake in the money needed for funds.

Akari sure LOVES Menou to an insane degree, and Momo is just there doing gatekeeper duties and coincidentally meeting Princess Ashuna. And leaning on Pandemonium, Manon is indeed one of the Major Four Errors with the sin magecraft Pure Concept of Chaos that's an imitation and not inherited. Luckily for Momo, Ashuna has an invitation to Manon's evening ball, but she gets jealous too easily with the chewing sections though, damn Momo's jaw is strong.

Menou dresses nicely, but Akari...went too overboard with her dressing to be what Momo proclaims as the Boobalicious girl. Let this evening ball begin...that'll end with death.

Probably not a good episode visually with some repeat scenes, but this is normal in anime production. But the story's definitely holding up, and I can't wait to have the action going.
May 20, 2022 11:52 AM

Dec 2015
this anime is so bad, god damn
May 20, 2022 12:19 PM

Jun 2021
Momo: “Die, Princess-poo!”

*cuts to the bar where they have a casual chat\*

LOL, they didn’t even need to show the outcome of the fight! Also, I like how Menou pushed the watermelon into Akari’s mouth like she’s thrusting a dagger.
May 20, 2022 12:20 PM

May 2021
Is it just me of were there way too many Akari butt-shots? Animation also felt off this episode.

Story seems to be progressing normally at least.

May 20, 2022 12:39 PM

May 2016
this anime sucks balls. they should be doing way more of the girls time power. It is boring besides those like 3 parts we have seen of it.
May 20, 2022 12:40 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I'm sorry but can Akari like, die soon please

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

May 20, 2022 2:11 PM
Apr 2020
Pretty sure the wine is mixed with monstrine......big showdown next ep i believe
May 20, 2022 2:13 PM
May 2022
Shishunki no Obenkyou
May 20, 2022 2:20 PM
Nov 2019
Loving how the 2nd volume is being adapted and damn Akari thicc, the reuse of frames and cuts were also done neatly.

Next couple of episodes gonna be fire atleast I hope they deliver for action sequences
May 20, 2022 2:57 PM
Dec 2014
I think this is my least liked episode so far, way too many akari butt shots and those jarringly bad repeat animations in the bar and powerpoint looking transition shots
May 20, 2022 3:36 PM
Mar 2016
What, did the money run out? Why were there so many repeated animations back to back? Still love the girls though.
May 20, 2022 3:39 PM
Oct 2016
I love the cinematography of this episode. The shots and the pathing were fun and interesting, like the sofa scene like in a thief movie, where Momo breaks the serious shot just to simp. The transitions were hilarious on point with the shots and the atmosphere of that scene. Was clearly made on purpose.

A great way to reuse animations with humor and putting little details in them like Momo getting up every 3 seconds in a middle of a exposition serious moment, distracted with what the barman was doing, just like the viewer. Or the irregular loop of Akari rolling on the bed.

I prefer this kind of attempt to make humor with the repetition of scenes, without pretense. They don't hide it . That trying to hide it with eternal static shots as in most series of this style.

By the way, too many shots of akari's ass or boobs. It's time to stop.

Edit: Ok, I don't understand why people say "Do they think we won't notice?"

This episode literally screams in your face, "Yes, we are exagerating our repeated scenes", they don't hide it. Obviously everyone realizes, that's the point, they trying to making fun of saving money for other chaps.
Theredwolf66May 20, 2022 4:22 PM
May 20, 2022 3:46 PM

Oct 2021
Bruh wth is happening to the budget? They literally just recycle frames, do they think we'll forgive them just because they put akari butt in front of camera?! Well...
May 20, 2022 4:12 PM
Oct 2020
Well, the recycled frames made this episode feel pretty cheap. Glad I’m not the only one who noticed.

I’m starting to like Mannon Libelle. This shows was starting to drag quite a bit with trying to kill Akari, but Mannon added that evil ara-ara energy that this show definitely needed.
May 20, 2022 4:30 PM

Jan 2021
Before going to the actual episode, I have to say that the reused frames were funny at first, but it is noticeable that they tried to not put much effort on those parts, I hope it is to save budget (?) for the next parts.

It is funny how Akari got excited over those things in the market specially where Menou puts that watermelon in her mouth XD. Some people from the Fourth attack Menou but they got easily outmatched, the important part is them turning into monsters after being captured. Then we get the revelation that Manon put monsterine in the food of those guys, it was pretty obvious that she put something bad there.

And with Momo investigating the monstrine she found with Ashuna lol, she didn't even wanted to fight her, their interactions are always funny to me I like their chemistry, besides that they got to exchange some important information. And the last part we got Menou in a cute dress and Akari dressed as a priestress. Then it ends with Momo going to the base of the Fourth and Menou finally inside the castle where Manon resides.

I hope the animation returns as it was before, as I said at the beggining the reused shots were funny at first but became pretty notorious, hopefully it is a one time thing. And last but not less important, we got many Akari butt shots, she isn't only breasts she is well rounded in all the good places XD.
May 20, 2022 4:43 PM

Sep 2018
God, they spent a lot of time on Akari's sizeable ass. Not that I'm complaining.
May 20, 2022 6:13 PM

Oct 2016
This was absolutely atrocious. I get that reusing animation can be an economic necessity, but the way it was done here could not have been any more distracting and annoying. Believe it or not, it is possible to do that well, but neither the director nor anyone else knows how, clearly. Or maybe the production situation is just that bad, idk.

What I do know is that even I, someone who is normally not an animation slob in the slightest, was very distracted this episode. The plot has been losing me as well, I don't think it's been progressing much at all since the first half wrapped up in episode 6 (or whichever episode that was). Honestly would have been better to just stop there and have made this a movie or OVA/ONA instead. I still like the main crew of characters for the most part, but if next episode isn't substantially better than this I'm going to drop this show.
Trying out (almost) every anime that airs each season since 2018.
May 20, 2022 6:22 PM
Jul 2020
Bit of a boring episode this time that used some reused frames and cuts. There was a little bit of action with Kaiser attempting to do something against Menou, but it was afternoon with civilians. Not only is she Flare's revered student, you did it in the worst time possible. Giga bruh.

I still don't understand what's the point of these compromission labours. This pastor says Akari is Menou's responsibility, but then you'd expect her to get paid for it with assistance, rather than leaving all the plans to her. If she screws up bad (involving her), it's really bad. The moment the otherworlder with a Pure Concept you've deemed dangerous is walking around in the middle of a crowd, her life gets threatened. Menou shouldn't have to investigate stuff like this, especially when you have to bring Akari with you. I don't blame her for bringing her along, she should never be separate from her. Both of them just shouldn't be there to begin with. Besides, do they really think the Fourth (especially Manon) won't notice her?

Still no clue who that little girl was from before, but I guess that's her producing those orbs? So this Manon is using 'sin magecraft,' which originated from her mother, who was killed by Flare. Weird way to avenge, but I won't question what's crazy.
May 20, 2022 6:36 PM
Aug 2018
Goddamn JC staff.
Worst episode ever.
May 20, 2022 9:35 PM

Nov 2010
  • Akari's frisky behavior and voice is getting so annoying in this episode.
  • It's unlikely to complain to a leader who just killed someone as a punishment for complaint.
May 20, 2022 9:39 PM

Jan 2021
Theredwolf66 said:

Edit: Ok, I don't understand why people say "Do they think we won't notice?"

This episode literally screams in your face, "Yes, we are exagerating our repeated scenes", they don't hide it. Obviously everyone realizes, that's the point, they trying to making fun of saving money for other chaps.

I also think the point was to make comedy with it, at least I laughed and I can let it slide as long as they don't overuse it, but in general I thought it was funny. And my hopes are that they also did it to save budget for the next episodes.
May 20, 2022 10:32 PM
Aug 2018
Some good aspects.
1. Menou kicks asses as usual. That knife with piano(?) wire trick is still impressive like before.
2. Male knights are cool here too for killing those monsters. All man lovers who are still being here should be happy.
3. The snob lady getting killed by Manon is the best moment for this godforsaken boring episode. Yeah, a "feminist" anime where women got killed as many as men.....

I hope,yet again, for the third times that the LJN of anime studio won't screw this up anymore.

May 21, 2022 2:20 AM

Oct 2007
sweet end for the arrogant rich guy. He get turned into ugly monster, and die in the street wearing shorts. lol

those soldiers are actually competent. They kill the two monster without casualties to themselves,

Akari style of waking up Menou. Akari likes to be on top. :o
also Akari saying Menou might have had "fun" with the pastor made me laugh so hard.

the sheer terror at meeting of the 4th. You don't talk back to a crazy girl who can easily kill you.

and lastly. Akari cosplaying in priestess clothes. So beautiful.
surprised they even let her borrow the book. I guess only priestess can use that?

Marinate1016 said:

Her going for drinks with her would’ve been unthinkable a few weeks ago. Plenty of great Akari moments today too. She was so clingy with waking menou up, it’s adorable. Also stunning in her outfit https://imgur.com/a/VWN4Qs3

it fits her well. :)
Liddo-kunMay 21, 2022 2:24 AM
May 21, 2022 3:51 AM

Feb 2017
Paradogred said:
Some good aspects.
1. Menou kicks asses as usual. That knife with piano(?) wire trick is still impressive like before.
2. Male knights are cool here too for killing those monsters. All man lovers who are still being here should be happy.
3. The snob lady getting killed by Manon is the best moment for this godforsaken boring episode. Yeah, a "feminist" anime where women got killed as many as men.....

I hope,yet again, for the third times that the LJN of anime studio won't screw this up anymore.

we've already seen a woman or a highschool girl getting killed (the Ivory girl) even in Episode 1, the very first Episode

its so blindingly obvious even for blind people but... its just my imagination I presume lol
May 21, 2022 6:04 AM

Feb 2007
Dear god, I've seen some lazy animation before, but how many times can you repeat the same sequence in the same episode before it's too much...?
May 21, 2022 7:20 AM

Sep 2014
Alright I was in love with this before already but now its my favourite this season! The animation for the scenes is just so lively!
Momo beeing patted was too cute! Menou reversing Akaris fruit attack, glorious!

Someone really liked to focus on Akaris ass this episode, when Menou told her not to stick out of the boat so much I thought she was going to say her ass is distracting her lmao.

Princess and Momo having a drink, this ship is coming along nicely! I really hope this will get a second season to see that developement alone.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 21, 2022 7:21 AM

Mar 2015
why must momo girl be such an annoying character? also they reused the frames of her munching deez nuts like 3 times. ran out of budget already?
Am I a good person? No. But do I try to be better every single day? Also no
May 21, 2022 9:44 AM
Mar 2021
the animation was so bad and the same shots repeated over and over, it makes me think I watched the same five minute clipe at least five times. and with this arc not being very important after a great finally to a mediocer first arc... this show is torture.
don't ask why I'm watching it
May 21, 2022 10:44 AM
Jun 2019
I lowered my rating for the series to a 6 after watching yet another episode that reused long animated passages (the bedroom and barroom scenes). It just felt cheap, otherwise it's an okay isekai series with some decent plot developments, twists, and reveals.
May 21, 2022 11:41 AM

Oct 2015
To be honest, I don't where are they going with the MoMo and the princess encounters. Just let them fight each seriously, and stop with these dumb endings every time. Anyways, I am more interested in the next mission, that girl from the table seems like a twisted one, she'll make one helluva villain for Akari and Menou
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

May 21, 2022 1:15 PM
Nov 2021
Momo and Akari are soo annoying 😭
May 21, 2022 2:30 PM
Mar 2021
I really like this show still, but I wish it had a better studio, jesus.

while it's a good show, it's a 10/10 for me when Ashuna is onscreen. THEM ABS.
May 21, 2022 3:49 PM
Aug 2021
well everybody said already but it's worth repeating: what a low quality animation episode with so many repeating frames in a totally "in your face" way. budget must be tight or they are behind schedule or they lost passion for the show.
May 21, 2022 8:42 PM

Apr 2022
Is it trash writing or trash characters in general? In the last episode everyone wanted to get back at Flare's apprentice and she was like NAH! But now she's like "so I turned you all into living bombs so help me get back at the mc!" Also how does this studio keep getting work?

F
I may make you feel but I can't make you think.

May 21, 2022 9:49 PM

Nov 2012
I'm not sure why I'm watching this. Whatever I saw in it is gone. It's so meh. I only like Momo and the Princess.
May 21, 2022 10:17 PM

Jan 2021
LoveScope said:
Is it trash writing or trash characters in general? In the last episode everyone wanted to get back at Flare's apprentice and she was like NAH! But now she's like "so I turned you all into living bombs so help me get back at the mc!"

I mean, she was clearly faking not being interested in anything there since she hates those persons, so that's why she was like "nah" at the beggining, but she wants revenge on what Flare did by taking it with her apprentice, I wouldn't call it bad writting, like at all.

LoveScope said:

Also how does this studio keep getting work?

Actually, I don't know.
May 21, 2022 10:33 PM

Oct 2007
Comander-07 said:

Momo beeing patted was too cute! Menou reversing Akaris fruit attack, glorious!

we need more Momo head pats. And Akari should be fed more watermelon - her facial expression is cute when she tasted the food. ^^
May 21, 2022 10:40 PM

Feb 2017
Ionliosite2 said:
LoveScope said:
Is it trash writing or trash characters in general? In the last episode everyone wanted to get back at Flare's apprentice and she was like NAH! But now she's like "so I turned you all into living bombs so help me get back at the mc!"

I mean, she was clearly faking not being interested in anything there since she hates those persons, so that's why she was like "nah" at the beggining, but she wants revenge on what Flare did by taking it with her apprentice, I wouldn't call it bad writting, like at all.

LoveScope said:

Actually, I don't know.

lets look at the bright side

at least JC Staff doesnt pull a Recap episode in our face lol

I stil remember when I watched Youjo Senki, iirc NUT Studio screwed up quite badly and they had to activate a Recap card after only like the 6th or 7th episode
May 21, 2022 11:03 PM

Apr 2022
Ionliosite2 said:
LoveScope said:

LoveScope said:

Actually, I don't know.

What I meant was, she could have just gone along with whatever they were planning on doing. Now I'm thinking, because of her bipolar stunt it'll bite her in the ass in the next badly animated episode.
I may make you feel but I can't make you think.

May 22, 2022 9:28 AM

Nov 2013
Ugh... animation-wise this was an awful episode. They've been shamelessly repeating the same scenes/frames over and over again, on multiple occasions.
Story-wise the plot hasn't gone ahead either (in the last two ep-s).
Shoving Akari's boobs and ass to my face wasn't enjoyable. -_- This just feels pathetic. fan-service bait on low budget?
And, oh god... Princess appearing everywhere Momo goes has to be the most lazy and annoying writing ever.

Just my opinion...
May 22, 2022 9:39 AM

Jan 2021
LoveScope said:
Ionliosite2 said:

Actually, I don't know.

What I meant was, she could have just gone along with whatever they were planning on doing. Now I'm thinking, because of her bipolar stunt it'll bite her in the ass in the next badly animated episode.

I mean, she did, she let them go on the attack to Menou without interrupting them. Was the episode truly bad animated or it was just the repeated frames that got annoying? I'm not defending the obviously repeated frames, I actually don't think it was badly animated besides that obvious point.
May 22, 2022 9:44 AM

Jan 2021
Lab_Rat_0978 said:
Ionliosite2 said:

Actually, I don't know.

lets look at the bright side

at least JC Staff doesnt pull a Recap episode in our face lol

I stil remember when I watched Youjo Senki, iirc NUT Studio screwed up quite badly and they had to activate a Recap card after only like the 6th or 7th episode

I mean, I already looked at the bright side, with luck this repetition of frames was just to save up for the next episodes. I'm obviously not expecting a masterpiece class animation or something even close with JC Staff because I also have experience with the studio, it's not like a couple of repeated frames in a single episode will lower my score towards the series anyways, just a little note to make in a review if it doesn't repeat itself since it didn0t happen in previous episodes.
May 23, 2022 12:26 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Damn turns out i was done a little wrong assumption over those noble daughter. She truly hate everything that relate to Flare, even if it's comes only from her apprentice. As expected she's hating the council and using the previous feast to fuck them hard xd. Also not really expecting the little crazy lost one to be the source of some suspicious drug by extracting her flesh and blood and use it as a sin magecraft. But oh well that's it the explanation behind the Pandemonium. And yup that's an obvious trap that laid upon to catch Menou. And also princess Ashuna manage to escape and ready to do another tandem action bits with Momo! Even though the animation aspect surely took a different strange feeling this time, with a lot of a reused frame, something wrong with JC staff, looks like unfortunately. But as always, i am still curious to see how they wrap up stories when the time remains to constrain everything. So yeah, really looking forward to see the next!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 24, 2022 10:43 PM

Feb 2021
I was gonna comment about the repeated scenes myself, but reading Theredwolf66's post made me rethink that and look at it from a different perspective. Still, I wanted to know what happened with the girl who was sacrificed in that coffin. But I didn't hate the episode at least.

Next episode might hopefully have a bit more going on though. I want this show to continue to entertain.
May 25, 2022 9:57 PM

Jul 2015
Akari doesn't just has cake.. she got the whole bakery..

Alot of ass shots (repeated) but I generally didn't mind... Lets hope for more glorious Akari Ass shots..
May 25, 2022 10:11 PM

Jan 2011
RioFS said:
Is it just me of were there way too many Akari butt-shots? Animation also felt off this episode.

Story seems to be progressing normally at least.
That's how you ACTUALLY reuse animation properly. I like the use of it and timing of it as those spaces have a point to it. I really liked the episode and shit just keeps getting more insane.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» This Anime deserves a 2nd season!!

MarekPPP - Aug 31

10 by zIlverKitsune »»
Oct 6, 5:51 AM

Poll: » Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2022

330 by LycorAxis »»
Sep 23, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2022

132 by MarekPPP »»
Aug 31, 1:40 PM

» This Anime doesn't deserve to get a new season!!

Rezelix112 - Jul 20

15 by MarekPPP »»
Aug 31, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2022

136 by AW_Flister »»
Aug 9, 6:15 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.