Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 9, 2022 6:41 AM

Jan 2015
Finally the real fight begins!
It’s Tanjirou’s time to shine, although Daki with that new hair color is looking nice. Whereas Tanjirou went from your nice neighbor to that egg from Berserk lmao.

It also looks like the guy that appeared in Muzan’s flashback some time ago, came back in Daki’s memories, although she doesn’t seem to know who that guy is. Gotta say, him and Tanjirou look kinda alike.

I feel so bad for all those people dying tho. Of course Tanjirou’s couldn’t forgive that genocide. Daki was just so cruel for that.

Nezuko also wants to join the fight, and she grew… a horn! I mean, it’s not like Tanjirou could handle Daki alone, so her help is definitely appreciated. Looking forward if she’s gonna be of any help.

Hype episode for sure, the wait was worth it.
Last but not least, damn the OST this episode! Would also comment on the animation, but we all already know how good it is.

Jan 9, 2022 6:43 AM

Jun 2019
Looks like things didn't go very well there as Daki became even stronger and she went on a rampage there which pissed Tanjiro off and we know he can't see innocent people dying and boy did he get angry. We also get to see Tanjiro's father from Tanjiro's POV. He's a great father. OST was really beautiful there.

Tanjiro's rage had no bounds today. It was so fricking awesome to see this. The whole sequence was so awesome. Tanjiro was really feeling himself today but even humans have limits. And, we also got to see Nezuko-chan's adult mode and her awakening. That was really cool. Great episode. The animation was beautiful just as ever.
Jan 9, 2022 6:43 AM

Nov 2011
Daki vs Tanjirou is living up to the expectations not just by the visual quality and stakes, but also showing how much he's improved this season. Unfortunately, Daki seems to be still on another level as one of the stronger demons this season.

However, I think it was even more awesome to see Nezuko getting into this drama and going all out in that fight.
She had a murderous look on her face and didn't hold back. Wonderful.
Jan 9, 2022 6:48 AM

Jul 2014
Told yall this ep will be insane and that Tanjiro snaps like no ones seen before, Daki didnt see that coming. Damn did UFO deiliver, yall saw Tanjiro’s fire breathing when he locked onto Daki and almost cut her neck before needing to breathe? The choreography and animation that came there was perfection!! They didnt just do that justice, they went above and beyond like they always do! This eps animation was def crazier than ep 19. Sweet lord this ep was the best by far! Nezuko going bloodlust on Daki was icing on top to an already jam packed ep!

Thank you for the treat UFO. You truly are one of the few shining lights in these dark times.
100/5.
Jan 9, 2022 6:53 AM

May 2020
Things definitely got out of hands this time, for real though. With Daki unleashing without any bounds, and Tanjiro too fighting head on but still it wasn't enough. Just shows the level upper moons are on. Also Nezuko too coming out, and damn that kick. She's really pissed off this time around. Time for Tanjiro to get a hold of her in time.

Great visuals as usual.
Jan 9, 2022 6:55 AM

Jun 2014
This season may have gotten off to a rough and slow start, but we're in for nonstop bangers now. Sit back and enjoy the ride because it's full speed ahead from here on out.

Tanjiro snapped against Daki after she killed those innocent people and holy shit, that sequence leading up to him almost cutting off her head before he started coughing was pure gas. How the fuck does Ufotable consistently put out this quality bruh....by evading taxes that's how lmao. And just when all hope seemed lost, Nezuko comes through in the clutch. We finally get to see her awakened mode. Not to mention, we still have Tengen, Zenitsu, and Inosuke coming to join the fight. I also liked the sneak peek of that mystery individual that Daki saw in her vision.

Absolute banger episode today and I can't wait for the next one.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 9, 2022 7:09 AM
Oct 2013
If this episode was in November i would have failed my NNN
Jan 9, 2022 7:45 AM

Apr 2018
This episode was straight up fire, even better than the previous one. Nezuko joined the fight and truly showed how strong she is. Tanjiro managed to control his Sun Breathing even better than before but it backfired quite heavily. Nezuko's kick which they replayed three times was hilarious man. We managed to see Tanjiro's father in the cell memories of Muzan in Daki's body which was quite nice. A great episode, well directed and amazing animation.
SideCharacterKalJan 9, 2022 12:55 PM

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jan 9, 2022 8:14 AM

Apr 2014
Those fight scenes were on fire. Nezuko was doped.

btw, Aimer's ED was also released today.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jan 9, 2022 8:14 AM

Jul 2017
Felt like this was definitely the best episode so far for this part of Demon Slayer. Some of the cuts of Tanjiro vs Daki looked pretty damn flashy but well-executed and I liked some of the cuts of the environment too surrounding them with the damaged area and bloodied people too, and of course Nezuko joining the party for the final few minutes. Some of the stuff with Tengen could've been left off the episode to maintain that intense tone for the episode, and the writing itself underneath all the action in this episode was not that great and hard to care for, and the fight even dragged a bit from the previous episodes to this one. But it did look really good at least with some fresh cuts used to make this standout more than the previous episodes even with the nitpicks I have, and indicates that big shit is really going down this time around with not much holding back. Especially for a TV anime.
Jan 9, 2022 8:23 AM

Apr 2018
Man tanjirou is pissed, the last time a see a shounen mc getting pissed by a vampire, the vampire got Ora ora'd to dead.
Jan 9, 2022 8:31 AM
Nov 2020
Fucking hell, this was certainly not a filler episode
Nov 2019
Holy fu**ing s**t, what an amazing episode. I was sitting in my seat with my mouth open, trembling bruh. Why was this so hype, sheesh. This season is destined for greatness with episodes like that man.
Sep 2021
Another epic episode from Demon Slayer. I like how ufotable potray the intense battle between Tanjiro and Daki. I also like how Nezuko evolve against Daki in this episode. Isn't it exaggerated if I say this episode is like ep 19 in the first season?
Jan 9, 2022 8:32 AM

Apr 2021
This was an amazing episode, I'm curious about Tanjirou's father rn and his relationship with Muzan.
I also really thought Tanjiro killes the upper six demon but she was still hanging on by a thread. Both the first and second time he managed to one-up her I thought he would succeed.
Nezuko was also absolutely amazing. This is probably my favourite episode so far.
Jan 9, 2022 8:32 AM

Aug 2020
I kinda forgot this season was airing lol. I kinda feel behind
Jan 9, 2022 8:33 AM

Jul 2019
That was a pretty good episode, the animation finally went wild especially with Nozomu Abe's and Masayuki Kunihiro's sequences.
Also, unlike Fate where there were too few monologues to properly flesh out the characters, here it's excessive to the point where I feel like it detracts from the overall tension felt during action scenes.

On a side note, I'm kind of surprised that Nozomu Abe was credited as in-house staff.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 9, 2022 8:33 AM

Dec 2020
Daki hair color looks very nice and finally we are going in the real fight next episode.

Sheesh this animation again 100/10 to see tanjirou on this level was heavy and cool.
Nezuko saves his brother and get on her new Level she is crazy!
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jan 9, 2022 8:34 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Best episode so far omg, that was great, that's the action-packed kind of episode I was expecting with Daki vs Tanjirou being great even though Tanjirou is heavily wounded now but it was also good to have more development for him or the scene with Rengoku father's letter, the best was Nezoku's appearance though, it's incredible to get some action scenes with her, she looked totally OP at the end, I can't wait for the next episode now.
Jan 9, 2022 8:36 AM
Nov 2019
We just got our ep. 19 moment in this season.

The moment in which Tanjiro slices all the Obi after pilling them together in a flash. Holy shit.

And the Nezuko snap and transformation? Give me the next episode already!

I hope she starts talking and the muzzle gets removed after this.
Jan 9, 2022 8:36 AM

Dec 2014
Incredible episode.

The action sequences were incredible, fantastic choreography too. Loved every single moment.

When Tanjiro says the classic, ‘there are times when one can’t back down’ after Daki slaughtered all those innocents was crazy. The sequence juxtaposing Tanjiro’s words with what looks like a previous Sun breathing user was amazing. Looks like that guy really left his mark on Muzan, very curious about the backstory there.

Nezuko’s entrance was crazy, I was expecting it to be Uzui but it turned out to be Nezuko. Her awakened form is great, I am curious how she is capable of awakening to stronger abilities when she hasn’t eaten any humans.

Tanjiro was totally using Sun Breathing right? I guess his instincts told him to snap out of it cause it was harming his body.
Jan 9, 2022 8:37 AM
Dec 2010
This is definitely what peak anime looks like.

Nov 2016
It's only getting more heated. About time for Nezuko to put in more work. Gotta earn that popularity.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 2020
The fight between Tanjiro and Daki are amazing, especially that super fast attack from Tanjiro.
Glad to see Nezuko back in the fight, all of them have sick attacks.
Jan 9, 2022 8:39 AM

Jul 2012
That was intense. Both Tanjiro and Nezuko unleashed. I wonder if Nezuko can talk now.
Jan 9, 2022 8:42 AM

May 2020
im sorry but daki is ass, how can u let non hashira beat u like that lmao
Jan 9, 2022 8:47 AM
May 2020
God damn we got Homura instrumental
May 2021
Man after reading the manga they did the bloody eyes tanjiro scene so well. Do NOT make this boy mad lol 😬

Aug 2019
A pretty good episode overall. The visuals and animation from Ufotable as per usual are absolute fire.

"The flashback before the big power-up" trope gets used a lot in this series. I counted 3 alone in this episode. I don't mind characters getting power-ups, but please do better than a 30-second flashback to try and explain away the ass-pulls right before they happen. It's a sign of lazy writing.
Nov 2021
Till now Nezuko was cute, now she's the waifu I yearn for...
Jan 9, 2022 8:49 AM

Jun 2021
This anime is the best i have ever seen in the last 10 years.

Nezuko and Tanjiro, oh my FUCKING GOD.
Jan 9, 2022 8:49 AM

May 2010
This episode was amazing!!
Jan 9, 2022 8:50 AM

Feb 2021
Finally we get into the actual fighting scene.

Nezuko's new form is here.

Wanted to watch AOT but alas it's not here yet for average pirated site enjoyers like me.

Anyway, I gotta say this season is kinda weak. Infinity Fortress arc will be good (I hope lol)

Jan 9, 2022 8:52 AM

Mar 2021
kind of disappointed with too much censoring.... In manga things felt quite real compared to this adaptation. Huge part of intial Nezuko vs Daki was removed😔 Also they didn't designed tanjiro's angry face that well. You can clearly see the difference

𝓜𝓪𝔂𝓫𝓮 𝔀𝓮 𝓽𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪𝓼 𝓶𝓾𝓬𝓱 𝓶𝓮𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼𝓮𝓵𝓿𝓮𝓼 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓮𝓪𝓬𝓱 𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓫𝓮𝓬𝓪𝓾𝓼𝓮 𝔀𝓮 𝓴𝓷𝓮𝔀 𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓭𝓪𝔂 𝔀𝓮 𝔀𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭𝓷'𝓽 𝓫𝓮 𝓽𝓸𝓰𝓮𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓪𝓷𝔂 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓮
Jan 9, 2022 8:53 AM

Feb 2021
Anime_Addicter_ said:
This anime is the best i have ever seen in the last 10 years.

Nezuko and Tanjiro, oh my FUCKING GOD.

Have you been watching anime for the past 10 yrs? You seem like a new viewer. You'll find many better shows. Trust me.

Jan 9, 2022 8:54 AM
Oct 2016
Best episode yet!!! Tanjiro went off on Daki for disrespecting human lives like that! Daki got the other parts of her obi belt back after Uzui slashed them in the previous episode so now she's in her full power form. Got the white hair with green tips and now she can move even faster and hit even harder. Tanjiro not feeling like he's up the task still but has to press on regardless. Remembering the letter he got from Rengoku father apologizing for his behavior earlier, telling Tanjiro he's been blessed and chosen to wield sun breathing with that mark on his forehead. Tanjiro not believing he's dome chosen one, that he has to stop Daki here and now regardless!

Thankfully now that the hostages are secure and Daki obi belt has fled the scene Uzui, Inosuke and Zenitsu can head over to help Tanjiro. Meanwhile Daki is more or less playing with him since she thinks so lowly about human life including the ones she just killed slashing the buildings. Of course this making Tanjiro blood boil! Such disrespect towards other peoples lives and how fleeting they are, Tanjiro cannot let such actions slide. His anger and words bringing up memories Daki didn't even know she had from Muzan.

The blood starting to fill up in his eyes even with all the rage inside from hearing Daki comments towards humans. If she won't show any remorse then neither will Tanjiro! Unleashing a crazy attack with beautiful animation! Cutting the belts and threads like they're paper! Tanjiro going full on berserk mode to stop Daki! Breaking through those threads and getting right up to her until his breathing can't take it anymore. Sadly that is the cost of using Sun breathing for him right now.

Perfect opportunity for Nezuko to bust onto the scene and smack Daki away!!! I laughed so hard when Nezuko sent Daki flying tumbling away! Daki didn't know what hit her! Daki got her hits into Nezuko later but Nezuko awakened some kind of new power and is standing toe to toe with Daki and kicking her like a soccer ball!
Jan 9, 2022 8:56 AM

Jun 2016
LETSGO !!!!!!!!

MAN never thought that nesuko so powerful !!! almost same as upper rank 3 in train arc !!!

**** **** !!!

CAN'T WAIT NEXT EPISODE !!! LETSGO !!!

10 / 10

p.s. : NEZOKU LEGAL !!!
I-TECiJan 9, 2022 9:03 AM
Jan 9, 2022 8:56 AM
Oct 2016
xenosys said:

"The flashback before the big power-up" trope gets used a lot in this series. I counted 3 alone in this episode. I don't mind characters getting power-ups, but please do better than a 30-second flashback to try and explain away the ass-pulls right before they happen. It's a sign of lazy writing.

There was no power up. Tanjiro been using Sun breathing for a while now
Jan 9, 2022 8:57 AM
Oct 2016
SAT_KUMAR said:
kind of disappointed with too much censoring.... In manga things felt quite real compared to this adaptation. [/img]

What're you talking about? The anime had borderline no censorship
Jan 9, 2022 8:58 AM
Oct 2019
Best episode since ep 19 that’s all that needs to be said.
Jan 9, 2022 8:58 AM

Aug 2021
sheeeesh that was fire
Jan 9, 2022 8:59 AM

Jan 2009
Genetic Memory is what Daki is saying about memory of cells its a real thing

Sun Breathing in action is too cool makes Tanjiro so overpowered

and sexy adult Nezuko is here
Jan 9, 2022 8:59 AM

Sep 2017
Lmao they really "buffed" Nezuko for this.
Jan 9, 2022 9:01 AM

Mar 2021
Dukino said:
SAT_KUMAR said:
kind of disappointed with too much censoring.... In manga things felt quite real compared to this adaptation. [/img]

What're you talking about? The anime had borderline no censorship
just compare this episode with its respective chapter, you will clearly see the difference

𝓜𝓪𝔂𝓫𝓮 𝔀𝓮 𝓽𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪𝓼 𝓶𝓾𝓬𝓱 𝓶𝓮𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼𝓮𝓵𝓿𝓮𝓼 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓮𝓪𝓬𝓱 𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓫𝓮𝓬𝓪𝓾𝓼𝓮 𝔀𝓮 𝓴𝓷𝓮𝔀 𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓭𝓪𝔂 𝔀𝓮 𝔀𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭𝓷'𝓽 𝓫𝓮 𝓽𝓸𝓰𝓮𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓪𝓷𝔂 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓮
Jan 9, 2022 9:03 AM
Feb 2020
this was easily my favorite ep of the series. it was so good
ADD ME. NEED MORE ONLINE FRIENDS lol
Jan 9, 2022 9:07 AM

May 2020
Holy shit man, we finally see Nezuko's transformation and Daki's gotten even more powerful, Tengen is on the move and Tanjiro is pissed. Great episode, can't wait for the next one.
Jan 9, 2022 9:07 AM
Apr 2021
The new look of Nezuko is looking lit 🔥. Now it's her time to shine and show Daki who the real boss is. And TANJIRO going to the next level looking complete badass.
Jan 9, 2022 9:08 AM
Jul 2021
The Episode was full of goosebumps , definitely 5 out of 5 , especially when tanjiro suddenly changed
Jan 9, 2022 9:09 AM
May 2021
Can’t lie that episode was 🔥 I haven’t read the manga but am impressed with the scenes that was produced!!!
Jan 9, 2022 9:10 AM

May 2015
The moment when Nezuko kicked off Dakis head was great. EPIC episode. Waiting for more.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xenocrisi - Dec 12, 2021

187 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:21 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Feb 13, 2022

455 by prodigy_ck »»
May 5, 4:53 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 5, 2021

267 by jumbosan »»
Apr 25, 4:42 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2022

536 by Term4738 »»
Apr 15, 8:02 PM

» Why is Tengen so underrated? ( 1 2 )

Leon888 - Mar 15

52 by Leon888 »»
Apr 7, 10:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.