Forum Settings
Forums

My childhood life was so happy, and now my life is a trash. I hope for better in 2022. Whats your hope for 2022?

New
Dec 22, 2021 1:22 PM

Dec 2013
My hope for 2022, my life gets better.
My tailbone pain cured totally.
I am become a happy and healthy person, inside and outside.
Hearts become full of love, no depression, no hatred, no sadness.
What I do blossom in positiveness, and everyone around me happily supports me.
Become closed to family again, and has friends like I used too.
My stuffed animal can keep heathly and accompany me.
My gf becomes closer and more open to me, more understanding as well.
Becomes closed to parents again.
Whats yours?

Dec 22, 2021 1:31 PM

Oct 2020
Make it through another semester and practice badminton.
Dec 22, 2021 1:34 PM

Jun 2016
I hope the forex and crypto crap I started this year pay off.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Dec 22, 2021 1:37 PM

May 2018
WIn the lottery.

@philtecturophy, did you usually have negative thoughts. Turn those negative into postive thoughts

"Don't give up after failing just twice.
We'll be able to do it next time.
Failure is the stepping stone to success."

Dec 22, 2021 1:42 PM

Jun 2016
To sell the current house for decent money and buy a smaller one (heating is a huge money sink right now). Also to finally organise our wedding.
Dec 22, 2021 1:43 PM

Aug 2018
Everyday, I pray for a day closer to finding cures for all cancers. I am hoping for a major breakthrough next year.
Dec 22, 2021 1:44 PM

Dec 2015
Make it through balchero's work.
Go back to buhurt/hema trainigs
To relearn french language.
To watch bleach s2.
To attempt into more parties and clubs at saturdays/fridays nights.
To pick-up more girls.
To maybe find a girlfriend for a long relationship.
To finally go again to Pyrkon convention after covid lockdowns.

I guess it's all
Dec 22, 2021 1:46 PM
Jul 2018
Hope is irrational. You can only improve yourself that's it.
Dec 22, 2021 1:49 PM

Feb 2021
To develop a more strict sense of self-discipline, that's all.
Dec 22, 2021 1:55 PM

Jun 2019
My hope is to get promoted in 2022. The extra pay would be tasty.

Leading biologist Scott Pitnick said:
The bigger your 'nads, the smaller your brains
Dec 22, 2021 2:23 PM
Jul 2018
stick to the goals that I have set for myself.
Dec 22, 2021 3:18 PM

Mar 2021
2021 I lost my father before January was over.
2022 I will become a father.

This is a new beginning. Praying that all will be well with my family. Let it be so in Jesus' name.

I wish you all the best too, OP. May God bless us both next year and every year. Amen.
Dec 22, 2021 3:44 PM

Feb 2016
Get more toned, eat more green vegetables, spend more time in the studio/on campus and have better sleeping patterms is basically it for me.

Broader picture: I'm really worried about the economy next year- I hope that there isn't a recession!
Dec 22, 2021 3:47 PM

Feb 2016
philtecturophy said:

Pain like that is likely caused by your seating and the amount of hours you are spending sitting down. If you buy an cushion designed to reduce lower back problems like this it could make a huge difference (I know it did to a friend of mine): https://www.amazon.co.uk/Everlasting-Comfort-Orthopedic-Sciatica-Tailbone/dp/B01EBDV9BU/ref=sr_1_16?crid=21Z9YBSFP9IC6&keywords=back+cushion+seat&qid=1640216760&sprefix=black+cushion+seat%2Caps%2C74&sr=8-16

Dec 22, 2021 4:06 PM
Dec 2021
My goals this coming year!
- Donate 3 large totes to Goodwill
- Improve and perfect my Macaron, Dou Sha Bao, Char Siu Bao recipes
- Quit my job and transition smoothly into my new job.
- Lose 10 more pounds and reach goal weight!/ Work on toning.
- Read 10 books (I've been SLACKIN on reading books)
- Talk to parents/grand parents more.

To those who struggle with their goals- I highly encourage you to write them down.

In 2020 I wrote down goals like "get married, plan a beautiful wedding, have a second child, reach goal weight of 130, pass an important test, finish college degree. And you know what? My then fiancé left me for another woman, so I didn't get married but I did lose that weight (revenge weight loss, lol) and I passed that test. Overall I became happier and healthier. I met a really nice man later that year who treats me and my daughter well. I didn't get my degree in 2020, BUT I did finally reach that goal here in 2021.
I came upon this same list in 2021 and was amazed by everything that changed (good and bad) and what goals I actually reached- I reflected on them proudly.

We're capable of making a positive change in our own lives, it's not ALL going to be positive. Bad things will happen in your life. But you can at least reflect on the things you made happen, or tried to- because trying is better than not.
Dec 22, 2021 8:13 PM

Jul 2021
-Improve grades
-Forced myself to go to school offline
-Speedrun animes to the best of your ability
-Do workout because dad told me I'm fat and been gaining weight recently
-Don't start a relationship as per usual until you're in the 30s
-Live your life to the fullest and stay happy as always
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Dec 22, 2021 8:20 PM

Jul 2007
- continue to live a healthy lifestyle
- i miss not having chronic pain. hope it goes away
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Dec 22, 2021 9:32 PM

Jan 2020
I'm just hoping that 2022 ends up being a year that will have more positives than negatives.

Dec 22, 2021 9:34 PM
#borntoboil

Jan 2021
my only goal is to still live, i'd rather die standing than die kneeling NGL
is it really worf to put things in here like nobody reads these

discord ~ ganjimex

Dec 22, 2021 9:36 PM

May 2013
I feel ya on the tailbone pain OP.

But as for my wishes, I wish to be more productive on video making. I scrapped my Megaman 8 script and am rewriting it now. Gonna get my mic for Christmas as well so I can finally work harder on the vid.

To expand my ever growing collection that will become the centerpiece of my videos.

To become assistant manager at work, I probably am going to soon once staffing has been taken care of. That pay raise is gonna be nice.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Dec 22, 2021 9:42 PM

Aug 2009
Just that I can simply earn enough money to better support me shopping of boredom.

Dec 22, 2021 10:03 PM

Dec 2013
Tokis86 said:
philtecturophy said:

Pain like that is likely caused by your seating and the amount of hours you are spending sitting down. If you buy an cushion designed to reduce lower back problems like this it could make a huge difference (I know it did to a friend of mine): https://www.amazon.co.uk/Everlasting-Comfort-Orthopedic-Sciatica-Tailbone/dp/B01EBDV9BU/ref=sr_1_16?crid=21Z9YBSFP9IC6&keywords=back+cushion+seat&qid=1640216760&sprefix=black+cushion+seat%2Caps%2C74&sr=8-16

You are right on the part where I sit a lot, coz I had to do research and I practiced piano routine for hours everyday years ago. Then car accident happened, and tailbone pain comes. Its been 4 years ago, and my tailbone is chronic. I have 4 pillows, U shapes, doughout shapes, they dont work and still give me pain. I cant sit more than 10 minutes without pain. 2 times MRI cannot detect what happens, and Xrays also multiple times. Been to chiropractors, laser theraphies, internal and external manipulations where their fingers enter my hole, acupuntures, yoga, pilates, injections, all those dont work, and even one treatment 4 months ago worsen it. Every single day, for 4 years, all I feel every minute is pain pain pain at my tailbone, cannot sit, cannot make sudden movement, cannot be in the car with vibration, cannot stand for too long, cannot sleep face facing up. Its all pain everyday. Very frustrating. My future has been crushed by this as if. I have a lot of dreams and goals, ambitions, and all those not matter anymore.

I hope for recovery in my tailbone in 2022, and if that happen, I promised I will do many good things to people around me, to my family, to friends, and to anybody.

Dec 22, 2021 10:50 PM

Feb 2016
philtecturophy said:
You are right on the part where I sit a lot, coz I had to do research and I practiced piano routine for hours everyday years ago. Then car accident happened, and tailbone pain comes. Its been 4 years ago, and my tailbone is chronic. I have 4 pillows, U shapes, doughout shapes, they dont work and still give me pain. I cant sit more than 10 minutes without pain. 2 times MRI cannot detect what happens, and Xrays also multiple times. Been to chiropractors, laser theraphies, internal and external manipulations where their fingers enter my hole, acupuntures, yoga, pilates, injections, all those dont work, and even one treatment 4 months ago worsen it. Every single day, for 4 years, all I feel every minute is pain pain pain at my tailbone, cannot sit, cannot make sudden movement, cannot be in the car with vibration, cannot stand for too long, cannot sleep face facing up. Its all pain everyday. Very frustrating. My future has been crushed by this as if. I have a lot of dreams and goals, ambitions, and all those not matter anymore.

I hope for recovery in my tailbone in 2022, and if that happen, I promised I will do many good things to people around me, to my family, to friends, and to anybody.

Sorry to hear that. Have you thought about getting a stand up desk?

I have a couple of slipped disks in my back from a childhood back injury but I didn't start suffering back issues until after I entered my 20s. At the time, I didn't understand why my back was becoming so increasingly painful until one day I suffered an extremely bad trapped nerve that lasted a full 10 days (during which time I couldn't even walk from the agony of it) and it forced me to get medical help.

Back then, the tissue around my spine was very inflamed and this inflamation had been building up over a long time. If inflammation gets bad enough around your vertebrae, then the resulting pressure can squeeze nerves in your spine, resulting in tremendous pain. So reducing the inflammation (which I did by a combination of seeing a chiropractor, changing my lifestyle, rotating coldpacks & Ibuprofen and by doing back strengthening exercises) was vital to stopping the problems with trapped nerves.

If pain is being triggered very easily then it sounds like your back is suffering from a persistent state of inflammation. An important key to fighting inflammation is to never do any particular task for too long; both sitting down and standing up for too long are bad, so you need to rotate your activities and seating/standing positions (and the worse your inflammation is, the more regularly you'll need to rotate your position). Using cold packs is also vital for bringing inflammation down (but again, the duration & regularly depends on how bad your inflammation is).

I have 4 pillows, U shapes, doughout shapes, they dont work and still give me pain

Too many pillows is bad because your back needs a degree of support and an excessive amount of pillows will give you a bad posture. The point of using a chiropractic pillow is also not to create a super soft environment for your back, but instead create an environment that supports it properly. And if you have tailbone issues then you need a pillow that supports the base properly (which a u-shape or doughnut shape pillow will not do- this kind of pillow will actually make tailbone issues worse!). The one I recommended is the sort you need.

Stand-up desks (which need to be adjustable) can be expensive to buy but if the nature of your job demands a lot of reading or writing activities and you suffer from back issues, then they can be a lifesaver because they can simultaneously allow you to work and take breaks from sitting down.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Single-Adjustable-Stand-Up-Desk/dp/B01KW8XOOI

(Adjustable standing desks also have a whole load of other benefits too: https://www.chairoffice.co.uk/blog/8-incredible-benefits-of-standing-desks/ )

Tokis86Dec 22, 2021 11:01 PM
Dec 22, 2021 10:54 PM

Jul 2021
get through highschool without shit grades

Dec 22, 2021 11:47 PM

Oct 2020
I hope to better myself as a person in general.
Maybe start trying to socialize more with people
and stop being so pessimistic about stuff.
Dec 23, 2021 12:21 AM

Nov 2020
That James Webb will launch this Christmas and capture spicy details about the early universe and extraterrestrial life. I had been waiting for years.
If you ever feel bored and are questioning the meaning of your existence, read deez blogs. Maybe you will find your answers.
Dec 23, 2021 12:26 AM

Mar 2021
Just surviving would be good enough for me.
Dec 27, 2021 11:30 AM

Sep 2017
get through another semester of college, get another job, focus on managing my problems better

Dec 27, 2021 11:47 AM

Jan 2016
i just want to be healthy. i've been sick for so long. finally got diagnosed with an incurable illness back in december 2020 (that i was apparently born with), but i still have so much to learn about it and am still trying to get used to self-administering weekly infusions. i just want to go one day without feeling like total shit.
Dec 27, 2021 11:49 AM

Nov 2021
finish bachelor thesis and stop feeling sorry for myself
Dec 27, 2021 12:30 PM
Mar 2021
Same as you. Ever since around late 2019, life's been kinda shit for me. I really hope life gets better in 2022.
Dec 27, 2021 12:51 PM

May 2016
Isn't this most weebs?

Have fun when they are young then became overweight neck beard neets?

Ot. My only hope is to make money at home.
Dec 27, 2021 12:52 PM

Sep 2021
imagine having goals. smh. character limit character limit.
hgwnejmp.ädqwsd
Dec 27, 2021 1:39 PM

Jan 2017
what i want for 2022 is love and peace
Dec 27, 2021 1:41 PM

Sep 2020
I wanna get rich, man. Broke college life sucks, probably gonna have to get another job. Other than that just eat less crap, exercise more and the average new year's resolution stuff.
Dec 27, 2021 2:53 PM

Oct 2012
I hope Corona kills us all, about time.
If life ain't just a joke
Then why are we laughing?

If life ain't just a joke
Then why am I dead?
Dec 27, 2021 2:56 PM

Sep 2015
bench 225 for 3 times solid form.
save up for a better, newer car.
figure the fuck out what I wanna do in life because I keep switching between jobs too much.
¬
Dec 27, 2021 3:00 PM

Dec 2013
mandylorian said:
i just want to be healthy. i've been sick for so long. finally got diagnosed with an incurable illness back in december 2020 (that i was apparently born with), but i still have so much to learn about it and am still trying to get used to self-administering weekly infusions. i just want to go one day without feeling like total shit.

What illness you have?.....................

Dec 27, 2021 4:48 PM
Dec 2010
This might be a version of wishing on the stars.
Putting hope aside, it sounds like a cheesy poem.
If anything, you should really plan on getting a stand-up desk. You can try to reduce unnecessary movements and hope to be graceful, in an ironic sense, lol.
There is beauty in death, after all. Just like there is a silver lining to every negatives.
Butterfly_WhiteDec 27, 2021 4:53 PM
Dec 28, 2021 6:19 AM
Oct 2020
- Do better in school
- Exercise more
- Fix my relationships with my friends
- Become more motivated to do my work and hobbies
- Be more healthy
- Study hard and focus well without or with less procastination
Dec 28, 2021 11:29 AM

Apr 2016
mandylorian said:

Gosh, I hope being finally diagnosed means at least an increase in quality of life due to treatment. Hope it's not a deadly disease. As hollow as it may seem, I'm wishing you a good health!

A friend of mine has a heritable disease as well, though luckily it doesn't affect their daily life.

My hopes wishes for 2022:
-Passing my on the job training, though that might take until 2023 but still, I have to pass 2022 before getting to 2023, right? ^^

-Getting some regular muscle training. I'm tall and slim, though not scrawny, but I think I'd look better with some lean/toned muscles. No bodybuilding though, I wouldn't like that look on me. ^^

-Finding a girl I'm interested in. Getting a GF would be even better but I don't fall in love easily and it's not something you can force, so hoping and meeting more people is all I can do. Except meeting more people has been pretty hard the last 2 years with the apocalypse and all. D:

-Get back to learning Japanese. I've managed to learn 4 languages, I can learn a 5th, I just have to keep at it. ^^'
Dec 28, 2021 11:32 AM

Feb 2020
I hope I can get my bedroom light fixed lmao, been asking the agent for 4 months now. Yeah some guys came out and had a poke around, but they were more interested in my Game Console collection than fixing the light.
Dec 28, 2021 6:08 PM

Feb 2018
- That the biggest problem in my life is resolved enough that I can work full-time
- That I am able to eat healthy, sleep well, and exercise

OR

- I die peacefully lmao

I'm really not asking for much... but that clown in the sky has other plans probably.. 💀
ArtreyuDec 28, 2021 6:13 PM
Dec 29, 2021 3:20 PM
Feb 2021
A lockdown for the rest of the school year. My teachers give me hell everyday. Right now it's the holiday and they're giving me assignments and projects on the only time I can relax and unwind.
MAL is like a secondary Reddit.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you think we will have Terminator-like robots or will we have Detroit Become Human-like robots in the future?

Absurdo_N - 2 hours ago

3 by deg »»
13 minutes ago

» Favorite places in Japan(to thos who have been to Japan) and where would you like to visit in the future when you go again? ( 1 2 )

KiraraFan - May 7

58 by MalchikRepaid »»
27 minutes ago

» Vent thread. ( 1 2 )

Spooks - Oct 7, 2013

90 by Mirania »»
38 minutes ago

Poll: » Which of these 6 things matters most to you?

IpreferEcchi - Yesterday

29 by traed »»
1 hour ago

» Anime convention stories

PAPOrr - Apr 19, 2023

11 by MalchikRepaid »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.