Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 29, 2019 8:12 PM

Mar 2018
Lol, did they just adapt Megumi 10th seat reveal arc in just 30 sec, which was the only remotely good mini-arc in upcoming dumpster fire? Poor noire chef didn't even get a proper voice actor even tho he was such a badass in manga. I can't imagine anything like a 'worse adaptation' of the next arc (since it's already plenty bad) but looks like J.C. will prove me wrong.

Dec 30, 2019 1:19 PM

Apr 2019
Okay, another season is completed!

From what I've read here & there in the forums, I'm not sure if I'm gonna watch the next season, especially with this final episode being a great conclusion for everyone (with exclusion of the last few seconds with that new character).

Hmm, at the same time I'm curious how bad it'll turn out to be, but I don't like wasting my time with shizz, so...
Dec 31, 2019 2:46 AM

Jul 2013
This show is really fucking ridiculous. But still I like it. Weaker than the previous seasons, but still I like it.

Jan 1, 2020 1:24 PM
Jul 2014
as someone who hasnt read the manga, i was 100% certain that this was the final episode of shokugeki no souma.
it seemed like every character arc was complete. souma got 1st seat, naikir overcame her problems by using tricks souma showed her in the first meal he cooked for her, etc. etc.
its a shame. this would have been a really really nice ending for the anime. dont know if they will ever find another point to close out the series.

btw: this "mysterious chef" thing, was that an OVA or is it just manga only?
Jan 1, 2020 3:16 PM

Oct 2009
This series gets WORSE from here? Thought they did pretty well killing anything enjoyable about it in this season.
Jan 1, 2020 3:58 PM

Oct 2012
Ok, for me, this is the ending of this series, and there is no need to add anything else. Adding another villain at this point would be cheap so I will probably ignore the rest.

Tadokoro's conclusion was probably the best and although the episode wasn't as stellar as the previous one, it ended on satisfying note. The parts of this season were so so but the final parts were really enjoyable so at least the series ended well as a whole.
Jan 2, 2020 1:32 AM

May 2013
starchild91 said:
GemRaniel said:
Hello I'm just curious. Many manga reader said that the next arc would be bad. When I checked, it's the hot spring arc. Will the anime skip this arc next season?

manga readers r talking about the new villain and the (blue arc)

1- new villian too op and cooler than souma
2- love rival
3- character regression
4. yuki morosaki not involved in the blue arc (Morisaki is the brains of all the recipes used in the series. The series officially lists her as a"collaborator").
5. removed almost 70% of cooking from the manga (meaning showing only the results)
6. evil mafia chefs and clowns cooking with some kind of a weapon like Chainsaw and dynamite more
7. foodgasm was no longer interesting
9. dealing with nakiri's family again.
10.superpower
11. rushed
12. plus the epilogue be like: wait...WHAT...thats it
and more

Thanks for the summary. I'm tired with those drama type anime aka point 2 and 3. Probs gonna skip
Jan 2, 2020 5:47 AM
Oct 2019
y the next arc (blue) was bad:

the person who appeared in the end of this episode is one of the main reasons on why this arc is terrible

f u want to read the manga u can start from (ch 264) u may like it or not

SPOILERS with details

ithyphallic60Jan 3, 2020 12:59 PM
Jan 2, 2020 8:26 AM
Mar 2013
Anonimouse999999 said:
well,, for s5. i just dont understand japan culture maybe, the way that when someone had harrasement why the close people still silent, NTR case i mean.
and so, the last arc adding more genre for sure.
Incest,ntr,drama,super power,pshicological,detective,underground,mistery, blablablabla *hahaha spoiler man.
as far as i know the next arc is impopular in japan as well
Jan 2, 2020 8:31 AM
Mar 2013
minimiau said:
I like how this arc ended. I dont read the manga and its perfect. Perfect in the way I like to end the story of Souma and his companios. But No. BTW Erina and Hisako don't look like friends. The foinal scene they look more like lovers. Fans can ship this 2.

I read that the next arc ruined the manga, the story and I can say ended the manga. Still, I don't want to read the manga. I am really lazy to read mangas with too much volumes.
i did go downhill T.T i restarted reading the manga now since i was behind compared to the anime and its not worth it. Only a miracle can happen if jc does something original but i doubt it T3T
Jan 2, 2020 10:50 AM

May 2012
Really lovely ending I must say, pacing was perfect, the battles and reactions were obviously amazing and just a great and lovely ending!

Quite an enjoyable anime's final season I must say with a lovely closure of this franchise I must say, if it is a closure to begin with with such an post ending that could mean anything to continue or stop right there to be honest.

All in all a great watch!
RafaelDeJonghJan 2, 2020 10:58 AM
Jan 2, 2020 12:19 PM

Dec 2016
This season was decent and still pretty enjoyable. The biggest negatives were the pacing of the battles, especially that last one. For all the hype that went into Souma and Erina vs Rindou and Tsukasa, I felt very underwhelmed by the actual battle and there was barely any time put into showing how all four chefs prepared their meals and why they made the choices they did. That was a problem for every fight in this season, but it stung most for the final one.

The best part about this season was the character development, especially for Erina and Souma. The other chefs did get some development too, though I wish they had given more time to them because I can't really get attached to their characters or their backstories when they are quickly glossed over in only a few minutes. I especially wanted more details about Rindou and Tsukasa considering they were the two primary hurdles to defeat, and I felt like both of them and the rest of the Elite Ten had pretty weak motivations for joining Central. I think this arc could have been much better if there were less chefs involved, but I guess that is the price that is paid when you have so many side characters.

Overall I'd say this series was the weakest season of Food Wars I've seen so far, but I definitely wouldn't say it was bad. Based on what I have heard about the next season, I am actually excited to watch it and see what happens. I doubt it's going to be as bad as everyone says, but either way I think this episode would've been the perfect place to end the series, and I don't really see why they feel the need to add another storyline in.

What's the difference?
Jan 3, 2020 1:11 AM

Jul 2014
Aww rindo and tsukasa so sweet, nene's fan club was the best
Did not expect to fast forward megumi's hospitality arc
Then here comes the next arc, the one that i dont want the most
maybe i'll just skip eps to that season and just watch the ending maybe they'll change the ending

The one that i hate the most in the next arc is
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~
Jan 3, 2020 12:26 PM

Dec 2016
Everyone changed and... who's that new guy at the end? Probably a new student candidate?

I see many criticizing that the next arc will be bad, but that doesn't make me stop trying to watch a new season. My curiosity is strong and will risk even so. The rest will be decided when it starts.

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jan 3, 2020 1:01 PM
Oct 2019
PurpleGirl203 said:
Everyone changed and... who's that new guy at the end? Probably a new student candidate?

I see many criticizing that the next arc will be bad, but that doesn't make me stop trying to watch a new season. My curiosity is strong and will risk even so. The rest will be decided when it starts.

the person who appeared in the end of this episode is one of the main reasons on why this arc is terrible

f u want to read the manga u can start from (ch 264) u may like it or not

SPOILERS with details

ithyphallic60Jan 8, 2020 8:48 AM
Jan 3, 2020 2:17 PM
Feb 2019
10/10 best season in this series

Jan 4, 2020 11:41 AM

Sep 2017
Very unsurprisingly, this adaptation was a complete embarrassment for Shokugeki no Souma, Tsukada, and J.C. Staff. This was a complete disaster. The remainder of the Régiment de Cuisine this season covered was already bad, but J.C. Staff managed to make it WORSE. How J.C. managed to pull this off is beyond me, but it is quite remarkable. The animation is as bad as it used to be, but I'm even more critical of it this time because they had over a fucking year to make it NOT look terrible, and it still looks just as bad. At least the manga had Saeki's amazing art to cover for its terribleness. The story continues to get worse, and every character except for Souma and Erina are watered down versions of what they were in seasons one and two. This was a disgrace and blasphemy on an originally great franchise, and is only held up by the small amount of remaining love I have for the series. I can't wait for it to get even worse with the next arc. 6/10.

Jan 5, 2020 11:56 AM

Jan 2012
I felt this series was gonna end until someone (no clue) shows up. Looks like a strong opponent.

Edit: I was hoping maybe a confession from Erina to Souma like in regard to romance. Though I know that wont happen but something like a surprise it be good. I feel it can be a Megumi x Souma shipping
Koolman511Jan 5, 2020 1:43 PM

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Jan 6, 2020 10:01 AM

Mar 2012
Pretty average season. The manga is, again, better (by far).
And it was that since the start of the first season.

But now we will arrive at the worst arc of the manga and I don't think I can handle this in anime.
Jan 9, 2020 1:45 AM
Oct 2019
whats this video all about? I am getting a playback error while playing it. Can you tag this with a link so that it can directly take to me to the YT.
Jan 9, 2020 1:45 AM
Oct 2019
whats this video all about? I am getting a playback error while playing it. Can you tag this with a link so that it can directly take to me to the YT.
Jan 9, 2020 1:54 AM
Oct 2019
hikkiGOAT said:

i know here is THE link but SPOILER

Hitler React to Shokugeki no Soma Le Dessert ending

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-2vvBsXx1A
Jan 9, 2020 2:16 PM

Feb 2015
They really should have ended the series here it's a perfect end point for the anime. You can tell it's running out of steam, I dread to think what S5 will be like
Jan 11, 2020 8:14 AM

Feb 2010
I liked most of this arc but this it for me and this series, it started out good then got great but then went on longer than it should of. The final arc is supposedly very bad but I wouldn't know because I just don't care enough anymore to find out.
Jan 12, 2020 7:03 AM

Mar 2015
Yay the rebel team won! It felt very conclusive, but since we know a fifth season is on the way, guess we'll find out who that guy at the end was!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 14, 2020 3:31 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Really really felt like the finale episode but a another season is announced so why not, it was a great ending and nice to see that everyone changed after the timeskip (I prefer Hisako with long hair :c) I can't wait to see the next season
Jan 14, 2020 11:47 PM

Nov 2012

Hisako X Erina yuri? anyone? (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

▂▃▄▅▆▇█▓▒░Love░▒▓█▇▆▅▄▃▂

1st Seat - Yukihira Soma (Our guuuy <3)
2nd Seat - Isshiki Satoshi (loincloth)
3rd Seat - Terunori Kuga (Chinese)
4th Seat - Hayama Akira (Spices)
5th Seat - Kurokiba Ryo (Fish??? outrage )
6th Seat - Nakiri Alice (molecular gastronomy)
7th Seat - Takumi Aldini (blonde Aldini brother)
8th Seat - Eizan Etsuya (megane delinquent guy?)
9th Seat - Kinokuni Nene (megane girl. Die. shine)
10th Seat - Tadokoro Megumi (braid cutie <3)

Finally, a mysterious guy appears! Season 5 in April!

Jan 15, 2020 8:17 PM

Feb 2014
If a sequel hadn't been announced beforehand I would really think this would have been the last season. I mean, it really gives you the feeling of a closure.
Jan 19, 2020 8:03 AM

Aug 2017
Outstanding season, I'll give 9/10 as the first half was all battles and a lot of good older characters were sidelined in jail like Nikumi, Hisako and Alice.

Awesome screentime for Erina though. I liked her more in her busty chef outfit than the school outfit. Fantastic ecchi this season.

I don't know who that prick is in the end, looks annoying though. Definitely felt like this season could have wrapped things up, aside from weddings and kids for everyone
Jan 29, 2020 12:26 PM
Jan 2017
Another great season as always I hope theres another season cause I just cant get enough of this show~
Feb 1, 2020 12:36 PM

May 2009
They rushed fast through Soma+Megumi mini arc... Now to the worst part of manga. EL HERMANO will make you hate this anime with passion.
Feb 5, 2020 11:29 AM

Jun 2017
Headd said:
It got real fast at the end of the episode just so they could show that new character. Honestly ending it here is good enough, no need to go to the next season and ruin everything.

Hopefully, Shokugeki no Soma will end in Season 4 only. It will suck big time if they continue further than that.
Hence I considered season 4 as my ending of the story.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Feb 6, 2020 10:47 PM

Apr 2018
I really don't know how this anime still gets good scores. As soon as this show got to the central arc, it has been going downhill and fast. Season 1 and 2 were very good, Season 3 I would say it was on the border of bad/okay, and finally watched season 4 to be utterly disappointed by it. If i had to sum it up in a few words, they would be over dramatic, over exaggerated, and ridiculous.

Hopefully they end it with season 5. Put this thing out of its misery.
Feb 10, 2020 8:21 PM

Jan 2011
It was a nice ending, but this really was the worst this series has had yet. It's always the tournaments where this series loses something. Animation was lacking, the pacing was horrendous, even the foodgasms took a downgrade. I still had an alright time with some of it, but what a disappointment when before it had been such a blast. It just lacked a lot of that charm.

Curious to see just how bad this final arc supposedly is. I've yet to see anyone who didn't hate it, so I really gotta wonder if they actually fucked up that badly.
Feb 16, 2020 3:02 AM

Oct 2013
They finallly won the team shokugeki, but i felt like it could be better, i wanted to see 1 on 1 battle between Yukihira and Tsukasa, a fair battle between those two would be a better ending imo. Looks like Yukihira got a shortcut to the 1st seat.

We'll be getting another season. also the new character that showed up in the end made me curious, another challenger for the greater good.

Overall score 8/10
Feb 16, 2020 3:31 AM
Oct 2019
ToshiroChan said:
They finallly won the team shokugeki, but i felt like it could be better, i wanted to see 1 on 1 battle between Yukihira and Tsukasa, a fair battle between those two would be a better ending imo. Looks like Yukihira got a shortcut to the 1st seat.

We'll be getting another season. also the new character that showed up in the end made me curious, another challenger for the greater good.

Overall score 8/10

season 5 (final season) :

1- new guy (villian) too op and cooler than souma
2- love rival
3- character regression

and more...

SPOILERS with more details y the next arc was bad :

ithyphallic60Mar 13, 2020 9:47 PM
Feb 17, 2020 5:32 AM
Oct 2019
Hitler React to Shokugeki no Soma Le Dessert ending

( 8 YEARS LATER )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-2vvBsXx1A
ithyphallic60Feb 22, 2020 8:50 PM
Mar 3, 2020 1:22 PM
Feb 2020
Mi è piaciuto per carità, ma sinceramente quel happy ending tutto rose e fiori con questa positività esagerata mi fa provare come se la storia avesse perso qualcosa di importante. Speriamo che questi miei preoccupazioni risultino infondate
Mar 11, 2020 11:16 PM

Jul 2010
I was never really into this series but damn, this hits hard. If it was a real final episode I would cry for sure. But apparently there is a trainwreck final arc. Let's wait and see.
Mar 20, 2020 12:14 AM
Jan 2017
Leo said:

Now I have the urge to continue reading the manga.
dont it's not worth it
Apr 12, 2020 1:40 AM

Aug 2017
The level of madness and nonsense in this season and especially in this episode have no limits. They went end game far too quickly.

Bad writing:

*Souma being the first seat is just nothing but troublesome. Pathetic, undeserved and anticlimactic. It is worse when you see that he got it by plot armor.

*Bad arc. It lasted far too long and ended with little to no payoff.

*Plot armor. Souma is practically a Gary Stu at this point. While I didn't like Souma being too OP during s1 and s2, at least he could lose and there was some character development. There's been none of this since Azami was forcibly introduced into the plot.

Wtf stuff:

**For some reason, Eizan is still part of the Elite Ten and he's looking out for those he tried to sabotage.
**The rest of the Elite Ten just disappeared without any convincing closure.
**They never explained Rindou’s motivations.
**Relegating the Elite Ten to villains instead of rivals was a bad idea and most of their motivations for joining Central were rushed, not explained or forced.
**The Central Arc should have been introduced at the earliest in the second half of Soma's 2nd year cuz it's not reasonable for a 1st year defeating everyone.
**Erina being the director during her 1st year.....WHAT? She is not an adult, what the hell is this? Being a director of a fucking school is not something a teenager can do.
**Azami and Central's motivations were poorly presented and there is a lack of consequences after the timeskip.

This season is so bad that I am very ashamed of what they did to Shokugeki no Souma. I didn't even have to mention the animation to know why SHIT s4 is.

I was hesitating to give it a 2 thanks to that I could enjoy a bit from a few episodes but this is disrespectful. 1/10 for the anime.

(And they say that s5 is worse that this but if s4 is already 1/10, I don't want to imagine what s5 will be)
NurguburuJun 24, 2020 12:25 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 19, 2020 7:01 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
So can Erina graduate from the school when she's director or?
Apr 28, 2020 8:08 PM

Sep 2011
Dont care what happens after this because to me this will always be the true ending.
May 24, 2020 5:04 PM

Aug 2014
That is crazy :D but I am glad that this anime started to surprise me :)
I do wonder how many seasons this can get and how it will end in the end.
Maybe we will see some romances next season?

Rly Erina a director? Is't it too much for her being so young and anime? :D
Not only hairstyle, but art also seem to be changed in last episode. Erina face especially.
I don't like Ryouko Sakaki new hair style she looks same as Hisako.
Glad that Ridou is happy with Tsukasa :)
I still don't like the op/ed of this season. Every other op/ed were great and I love to listen to them when I am doing things in kitchen, but this one doesn't have the power to motivate me...
anyway 9/10 for the ending. Too bad they failed my fav Ramen :( it didn't look tasty at all.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jun 12, 2020 3:32 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Mixed feelings over this finale, to be honest.

Soma scraping the "Provisional First Seat" - I can understand this. But Erina as Director? While I understand why, isn't it better for Uncle Sou to take over for a measly two years before giving her the position officially. Being a Director plus a Student is no easy feat, in fact it's more like disgracing the work of Directorial positions I suppose. I'm surprised there was no refute to this from other students.

But, that aside, it was cool to see the revelation of the other Elite Members. Megumi, in particular, rocking outside Totsuki Academy was pretty cool. And some of the new mature looks of the characters look really great too. Rindou-senpai and Tsukasa-senpai moment together was really sweet too.

By the way, is it really a good idea to let Nakiri Azami-san and a few prominent others get away so easily like this? Doesn't feel right at all...

Been hearing about how things quickly deteriorate further next season but I'll try to be very open regardless.

All in all, the season ended off a bang thanks to the last episode. I freakin' love this series though, don't get me wrong, but this was definitely the "worst" so far. Solid 7/10, nonetheless.

Unpredictability and ridiculous-ness has been a forte for the series and it was certainly more modest here which did hamper the enjoyment a tad bit. Animation Quality lapses, or rather still pictures to be precise, were more obvious as well but it didn't bother too much. People claiming this department deserves below 5 are/were clearly overreacting, another job well done from J.C. Staff.

And the Sound Department. I've seen this for every entry but it was a real succulent treat once again. Feels so Haikyuu-like in many ways and I bloody love that!

It's going to be tough waiting for a month for Season 5 to restart broadcasting... Because I'm binge-ing the two episodes out right now!
_MushiRock11_Jul 26, 2020 2:41 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 24, 2020 5:57 PM
Jul 2019
This season was predictable.It was obvious the Rebels was going to win.The elite 10 are trash to lose against the rebels.The so called Elite 10 lost there seats easily to the rebels who are supposed to be the best in the school.
Jul 15, 2020 5:43 PM

Dec 2014
Finally finished this series. this was a good series finale. although i still think Erina should be the First seat and Soma the second seat. and my baby girl Megumi should be higher imo. and i think if the upcoming arc was to reset, Soma gunning for the first seat and defeating Erina and a Love arc for Soma x Megumi, Erina, Hishoko?, Alice?, Ikumi, would have been better than..... ugh......the BS upcoming arcs
testamentKAISERJul 15, 2020 5:54 PM
Aug 17, 2020 4:22 PM

Jan 2014
WillWel said:
I really don't know how this anime still gets good scores. As soon as this show got to the central arc, it has been going downhill and fast. Season 1 and 2 were very good, Season 3 I would say it was on the border of bad/okay, and finally watched season 4 to be utterly disappointed by it. If i had to sum it up in a few words, they would be over dramatic, over exaggerated, and ridiculous.

Hopefully they end it with season 5. Put this thing out of its misery.

I have to agree with this, i wasn't very impressed by this season but it was still okay to watch i guess. apparently the next season is terrible? but i like food so i'll go for it lmao. 6/10 for s4, the last four-ish episodes were strong but the rest was kinda sucky
Nov 5, 2020 3:27 PM

Mar 2010
I need more nudes eek, but It could have ended here. But I guess I'll see wtf they can go on about in the last season lolz.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 2, 2020 1:13 AM
Aug 2017
Good shit, i love their new look. Whos that mysterious character at the end doe
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2019

62 by HashRib »»
Oct 17, 5:53 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2019

70 by duragon49 »»
Aug 24, 3:05 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2019

131 by duragon49 »»
Aug 21, 5:08 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2019

108 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 24, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2019

70 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 24, 9:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.