Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (22) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »
Aug 21, 2019 7:05 AM
Sep 2016
I'm actually not sure how autistic a person has to be to rate this episode lower than 5/5
Aug 21, 2019 7:06 AM
Sep 2016
like are you actually fucked in the head? how the fuck can you give this episode anything below 5/5?
Aug 21, 2019 7:10 AM

Apr 2018
This and rezero eps 15 has the highest number of 5/5 votes so far (in MAL).
rezero ep15 has 5165 votes of 5/5 (91.46%)
KnY ep19 has 5165 votes of 5/5 (97.00%)
and both is my favorite anime.
Aug 21, 2019 6:00 PM
Aug 2019
ShanAsuna said:
Nezukoisangel said:

If you didn't like AOT, then it's fine, it's not a story that you are forced to like but what you are saying about it being overrated or that the show is a joke is VERY exaggerated!

AOT was never meant to be only a shounen action oriented story, it's more about mystery, so you will never enjoy a scene if you don't watch it all fully, without skipping anything, because it has too much foreshadowing and hints and many strange mysterious scenes, that you wouldn't understand at first.

I read the manga, and I can easily say, it's one of the best fictional stories I have ever read, it's really one of the most well written and thoughtful mangas of all time. It's not joke if people think it's one of the best ever, I don't know if you care about writing, but the writing in this story is BRILLIANT!

You can't put down the effort put in this story/show to praise another show, there's a difference between don't liking a show and hating on it for no reason.

I love KNY, and this episode was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen, but it doesn't make it better than AOT at all, because story wise AOT is on another whole level from plot to characters depth to dialogues and it gets more and more complicated later on, it's not typical and predicable and you end up understanding each side, you can't say for sure who's the bad ones, if there's any.
So, a story like this really takes a lot of writing skills.. let animation aside, music aside, only writing... AOT wins hands down.

As a person who watches anime a lot, it's rare to watch such shows with unique stories like AOT, just like it's rare to watch something like KNY's last episode with its heavenly animation.

I wish that KNY will show more of the plot in S2, I might read the manga after this season ends.

So, it's fine that many would say that AOT S3 part 2 is AOTY, I also think so, and I think if it didn't win then should be Mob Pyscho 100 2 or Vinland Saga and the fourth choice is KNY.

If you just keep thinking people are insane and that we're overreacting then don't be mad at people who think that KNY is bad and overrated and trust me they will increase after the series ends, it always happens.

Watched Mob Psycho I and II, followed AOT until the ridiculous stall for S3 (actually I lost some interest since season 2), and just for the sake of understanding the pov of people raising all these alternatives to best anime of 2019, I watched Vinland Saga up to its latest episode...

And personally, I think only Mob Psycho 2 has anything on Kimetsu no Yaiba. Not only that, if I had to pick one between the two, I think I would pick KNY because it's the better performer overall. In my opinion, the synergy between the animation, the soundtrack, the direction and deliberate pacing is just better.

I think you're right about KNY being a slightly better than Mob in some aspects, I can see that.

Ufotable is doing the god's work; the animation is f**king INSANE, it gives me chills honestly...and how they match it with the incredible osts is so so so good.

I swear I repeated the fight scenes from episode 19 and 17 and also many scenes of Nezuko, she's too adorable.
Seriously the art style for he characters is amazing, especially Nezuko, her look is iconic to me :D

My commentary was just showing how strange that some would criticize AOT for the sake of its fame, "because it's very popular it must be overrated"
People are just ignoring the content, they don't try to understand what's going on other than that anime is popular let's watch some scenes and oh that wasn't bad, it was ok LOL, of course!

anyone is free to like or to dislike a show, but there are those ones who they think they understand a show and just hate on it when they really don't understand anything, and if you get it and it's not your cup of tea then EVERYTHING IS FINE, but don't act as if other people are supposed to be crazy for loving and hyping such an epic show!!

Also, there's an objective side when it comes to the good writing, it's just obvious, you know?

Anyway, I'm just enjoying all these amazing shows in a single year and I'm feeling good. Whether AOT wins or KNY or any other show, the great praise they got it's enough for me.
Aug 21, 2019 7:36 PM

Jul 2013
what a god-tier episode. nezuko demon art collaborating with tanjiro's hinokami kagura power was AMAZING. kny is just too good.
Aug 22, 2019 1:28 PM

Jan 2013
This the best episode I've seen by ufotable period. The ost in the end made it 10x times better than it already was.
Aug 23, 2019 4:33 AM

Jul 2013
Typical shounen lol remembering a vital info last minute and turning the tide. But on a serious note, goddamn, that animation sure is pleasant to the eyes. Ufotable outdid themselves, good thing they did this and not some other animation studios cause I doubt they could pull this shit off.
Aug 23, 2019 4:52 AM

Oct 2018
Oh it's under 97% now :/
Without the haters it would be 97.65%
Aug 23, 2019 5:15 AM

Aug 2019
-Aincrad- said:

Is someone that gives this episode anything other than a 5, automatically a hater now?
Aug 23, 2019 5:20 AM

Apr 2018
xenosys said:
-Aincrad- said:

Is someone that gives this episode anything other than a 5, automatically a hater now?
i think he was talking about that 1/5 voters.
Aug 23, 2019 5:25 AM

Aug 2019
Jfs_ said:
xenosys said:

I figured that might be the case, but people who voted the episode 2,3 or 4 would also affect the 5/5 score.
Aug 23, 2019 7:47 AM

Jul 2019
xenosys said:
Jfs_ said:

I figured that might be the case, but people who voted the episode 2,3 or 4 would also affect the 5/5 score.
Therefore he said it would be 97.65% (not 100%) without haters i.e. 1/5 voters.
Should I troll in the troll bait threads? It is kinda idiotic to be logical in the troll bait threads. Well, it will depend on my mood.
Aug 23, 2019 7:49 AM

Dec 2018
For anyone genuinely interested in why ep 19 of KNY is almost universally praised,you can check out this article below and the comments under it. There are some spoilers though, just FYI.

https://www.goombastomp.com/demon-slayer-kimetsu-no-yaiba-episode-19-hinokami-pinnacle-genre/
Aug 23, 2019 9:19 PM

Jan 2019
-Stray said:

Either this or Mob is AOTY, 2019 is such a grand year for shounen lovers.

They're so right this year is incredible for the shounen industry, not to forget that next season we are gonna get some othe anime too: Haikyuu!! S4, Boku No Hero Academia S4, Nanatsu No Taizai S3 and in 2020 we are gonna hav Yakusoku No Neverland S2 and Shingeki No Kyojin S4 (Final Season) And ofc we already have Dororo, Enen NO Shouboutai, Dr. Stone, MOB Psycho 10 II and Kimetsu No Yaiba. This year and next year too! God bless that I live in this era <3

Aug 24, 2019 3:54 AM
Dec 2017
I didn't know about Ufotable Studio at first since I didn't watch Fate Series, but goddamn bois the animation is blessing my eyes every second, totally my anime drug this year ;3
Aug 24, 2019 7:15 AM
Jul 2018
Wow.
That fight scene was stunning, the animation, the choreography, the transition from water to fire...
Aug 24, 2019 2:25 PM

Dec 2014
Moreso than anything I'm just confused. Why this episode over the others? It ends the same way every other fights ends. Like this is the formula:

character is struggling in fight-> bad guy is doing the "you can't defeat me" or "i have the power thing that you are unable to overcome"->character is about to die/lose->character has ultra specific flashback->flashback gives them the will to overcome the enemy or gives them a powerup->fight ends instantly

It's still the same thing again. Seeing the sister learn blood arts was neat but it was also the result of a flashback powerup so? I agree that it's really good but uh generational great episode? I don't see it? I guess the visuals are fantastic so that means everything else must be good? The visuals are definitely some of the best I've seen in years but writing wise it's still lacking.

Pretty good episode though. Like a 7.5/10 or so
Aug 24, 2019 3:09 PM
Aug 2019
It's the first time seeing such a beautiful animation
Aug 24, 2019 4:03 PM
May 2019
It was the most exciting ep. in this Anime. I was like crying from the beauty of it. Everything was indescribable.
Aug 24, 2019 8:04 PM

Jul 2016
ALL HAIL UFOTABLE!!!

100/10
Aug 24, 2019 8:42 PM
Jan 2017
Poximano1 said:
hmm .. look like you havent watch fate series huh..
they shared the same studios Ufotable is never get disappointing
Aug 24, 2019 8:45 PM

Dec 2018
x2kill4 said:
Poximano1 said:
hmm .. look like you havent watch fate series huh..
they shared the same studios Ufotable is never get disappointing

Fate/Apocrypha and Fate/Stay Night (the first TV series) were not by Ufotable and their animation quality have a huge difference from the Ufotable animated ones
Aug 24, 2019 11:03 PM
Oct 2018
Watched last 5 minutes of this episode more than 20 times..what a masterpiece.
Aug 25, 2019 6:48 AM
Apr 2018
My body crazy shivered when I saw the battle
Aug 25, 2019 10:01 AM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
Holy! That was truly amazing. The feels towards the end, the music was perfect, everything was perfect. The whole atmosphere gave me goosebumps.

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Aug 25, 2019 6:36 PM

Aug 2017
It was just an asspull but I don't care. It's touching and impressive visually.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 25, 2019 9:33 PM

Mar 2014
Everyone's already praised that final scene up and down so I won't go into too much depth there. But it was fantastic, and I loved that Nezuko learned to use Blood Arts at exactly the right moment to help give Tanjiro the push he needed to cut through. Wonderful moment to show the strength of their bond.

They also low-key showed there was something up with Tanjiro's family. He's got the exact same scar/birthmark as his dad! Could this be some magical destiny/reincarnation at work? The eldest son of the Kamado line passing down the earrings and technique of their forefathers to one day fulfill their destiny to defeat Muzan?

Also, I binged half the series in one sitting just so I could catch up to see what was up with this legendary episode 19. The overhype kind of tainted my experience because I knew something was coming, but it was still pretty damn great.
Aug 26, 2019 3:43 PM
Oct 2013
Just catching up with the series and my god.... This episode is the first anime episode in a long time to give me such chills. The fighting sequence was so beautifully done/animated and wow. Not much else I can add to what everyone else has said.
Aug 26, 2019 10:06 PM
Apr 2018
Oh my fucking god.
Aug 26, 2019 10:29 PM

Mar 2019
Tanjiro's memory of the kagura dance moved me. Beautiful episode. I kinda wish they put off Nezuko learning blood art for the next episode, but w/e lol it's dramatic enough. Hope Nezuko gets some more cool scenes.
Aug 27, 2019 1:55 PM

May 2009
ShanAsuna said:
Jfs_ said:
half of giyuu's clothes is sabito's.

Whoa... Don't spoil me but I think there's a big story behind that...

You are at episode 19, Sabito was in first arc. There is nothing more about it.
Aug 27, 2019 7:10 PM

Aug 2012
That art/animation/music everything in those final minutes where amazing. I had goosebumps and my eyes got teary trying to take all of that in. I wasn't expecting this from Demon Slayer having read part of the manga but damn Ufotable, this is probably the best moment in anime this year for me.
Aug 27, 2019 7:52 PM

Dec 2018
bastek66 said:
ShanAsuna said:

Whoa... Don't spoil me but I think there's a big story behind that...

You are at episode 19, Sabito was in first arc. There is nothing more about it.

Actually I spoiled myself by looking up the wiki and...

*spoiler alert*

THERE IS something to look forward to with regards to this bit of clue
Aug 28, 2019 7:49 PM

Oct 2013
One word: SASUGA

The whole episode looked fantastic. This animation, sequences, art... Pure beauty.

I was like "what the heck?!" when Tanjiro turned from water into fire. The effects were amazing.

Also, that was pretty much special. I hope it's gonna be explained how exactly Tanjiro got handed by his father that kind of powerful abilities. Is it related to his hair and the fact his family belongs to that fire-related fate or whatever it was called?

Nezuko is special as well. For another time a demon other than her noticed that her behaviour and/or aura is different. Plus she unlocked her special spell, lol. I wonder how she learned that.

Last thing... ha! I knew it! The kid demon was the real memeber of the Twelve Demons and the strongest enemy to encounter in this forest. I had a feeling like that looking at his behaviour. Besides it was as I thought it would be: his mark on an eyeball was kept hidden until he decided to reveal it.

So many questions and mysteries appeared. Can't wait to see what's gonna happen next.
Aug 28, 2019 11:15 PM

Nov 2018
I'm mesmerized
I have no words, only tears
the song is so beautiful

❝見つめないで 悲しい方を
目を瞑って 口づけしよう
甘く溶けるメロディー❞

❝邪魔しないで
真夜中のパラダイス
息もせずに潜っていく
二人だけのダンス❞
Aug 29, 2019 4:08 AM

Oct 2017
a message to all shounen characters out there:

^ this ^

:P
Aug 31, 2019 9:40 AM

Mar 2018
Much better episode then some of the previous probably because those two idiots Inosuke and blondie were barely involved. The last fight was great and look at little Nezuko, she has found a new fighting technique and it is blood demon art too. I loved how the two siblings fought side by side. Rating went up again. It dropped to a paltry 6/10 because of those shouty idiots.
Aug 31, 2019 9:46 AM
Apr 2016
Going through commentaries... is there anything worthy besides well-crafted animation and "emotional" music? Like, something of actual artistic value, proper use of symbolism, well thought-out narrative, impressive directing? If I was to judge by the commentaries here, then this series is just another... Violet Evergarden? With fighting that makes no sense but looks cool. Am I correct in my assumptions, y'all?
Re:formed
Sep 1, 2019 9:36 AM

Jun 2015
well holy damn, that was beautiful. everything in those last five minutes from the animation to the music was amazing.
Sep 2, 2019 7:09 PM
Sep 2019
This is the awesome
Sep 2, 2019 10:01 PM

Jul 2016
This was a weird episode with a weak resolution.

For starters, good animation and direction. Script? is weird. We never got a hint of Tanjiro's father entire existence until now and he conveniently tells his son through a flashback how to get the way to kill the bad guy.

I'm not amused by this. In fact, it pains me that this episode script is sound, it foreshadows this moment, is thematically appropriate, and yet I feel the resolution is a complete utter cop-out.

Sorry I can't get the excitement.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 3, 2019 7:41 PM
Apr 2014
Daniel_Naumov said:
Going through commentaries... is there anything worthy besides well-crafted animation and "emotional" music? Like, something of actual artistic value, proper use of symbolism, well thought-out narrative, impressive directing? If I was to judge by the commentaries here, then this series is just another... Violet Evergarden? With fighting that makes no sense but looks cool. Am I correct in my assumptions, y'all?

No, the fighting makes perfect sense and fits in with the narraitve, but the narrative certainly isn't what makes this episode great. It was just a near-perfectly executed fight in terms of its pacing, beats, animation, music, etc.

Overall, the narrative of the show is good, but simple. It's not mindless action by any means, but it's not complex… yet.

The narrative seems to be revealed through the main character's eyes. You as the viewer learn about the wider world at the same time he does, and sometimes afterwards. It seems to be a rich world with a lot of depth, but the MC isn't particularly curious about it, so it takes time to be revealed. But the depth is there, and is beginning to reveal itself, especially with episode 22.

Of course the people who only like the fight scenes are complaining about it, but as someone who needs depth to a story, I appreciate it and feel relieved.
CourtheadSep 3, 2019 8:07 PM
Sep 3, 2019 11:59 PM
Apr 2016
Okay this is a tiny bit strange.
Courthead said:

the narrative certainly isn't what makes this episode great. It was just a near-perfectly executed fight in terms of its pacing, beats, animation, music, etc.

Courthead said:

Of course the people who only like the fight scenes are complaining about it, but as someone who needs depth to a story, I appreciate it and feel relieved.
Re:formed
Sep 4, 2019 5:15 AM

Dec 2013
Yo istg I teared up because it was too epic. Never felt like this since the golden animes back then. WOW. Voice actor is Taichi of digimon (childhood fan), music is by LiSA, and the studio is ufotable. GDI. Such an awesome episode. Pretty sure this is anime of the year. AOTY indeed.
Sep 6, 2019 6:39 PM

Jul 2016
let me just start off by saying... this episode was WONDERFUL!!!
WOW. i may have or may have not shed (i did) a little tear, not because i was sad, but because this episode was so badass. w0W. nezuko protected him, the song, the new ending, we got to see his dad, his fire abilities, nezuko unlocking her blood art, nobody interfered to help but nezuko and tanjiro, and then he sliced that mofo's head off... YES.
Sep 7, 2019 8:09 AM
Apr 2014
Daniel_Naumov said:
Okay this is a tiny bit strange.
Courthead said:

the narrative certainly isn't what makes this episode great. It was just a near-perfectly executed fight in terms of its pacing, beats, animation, music, etc.

Courthead said:

It's possible to enjoy a very well-executed fight scene while also wanting a show to do more than just fight scenes.
Sep 7, 2019 5:09 PM
Aug 2017
Yup. I cried. This anime is close to perfection to me.
Sep 7, 2019 5:24 PM

Jan 2019
17 Pages.
Woah.
It's like this episode revolutionized Shonen standards
Sep 7, 2019 10:54 PM

Aug 2019
Sooo, this is definitely now one of my favorite anime.
Holy guacamole. I love it.

Sep 8, 2019 12:29 AM

Sep 2013
Finally got up to this episode where I heard a lot of people have been talking about and I understood what everyone meant now.
Best fucking episode all-time of anime for me.
ITS SO FUCKING AESTHEICALLY PLEASING GAHHHHHH
Pages (22) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2019

217 by _Cafezinho0_ »»
Jun 13, 5:57 AM

» Bad animation? ( 1 2 )

Leon888 - May 11

61 by Kyubey89 »»
Jun 10, 2:40 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2019

200 by satyrelfheim »»
Jun 8, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 13, 2019

198 by satyrelfheim »»
Jun 8, 1:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 11, 2019

235 by Restault »»
Jun 6, 9:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.