Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2018 9:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, I think this series' was finale was alright. It had the girls visit town again rather than just outdoor exploring.

Definitely enjoyed Aoi's role in this series overall though as seeing her everyday life felt so real; whether it's outdoors or at school. A pleasant series overall. Not sure if I want another season or not but the third season was mostly enjoyable imo.
Sep 24, 2018 10:30 AM

Nov 2007
Friend girl's b-day is coming up and three of them decided to celebrate it.

Hikasa-san's character's been stricted again (by Yui-chan's character) because she needs to study.

Both of them leaving the present to main girl.

Wow, bakery owner's design is gorgeous.

Flashback when she first entered highschool. Then kouhai girl passing by on the way to school, and both Hikasa-san's character and Yui-chan's character on the stairs before meeting friend girl. Remembering these years.

She accidentally spilled out the surprise, but friend girl is happy. Excitement for wanting to know something about each other. Cosmetics, huh.

Nao-chan's character sent a video message greeting her b-day. Happy b-day party spent.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 24, 2018 12:21 PM

Apr 2016
We need spin-off with the disco onii-chan lol.

Yeah, give me another season.
Sep 24, 2018 1:25 PM

Mar 2016
This overarching theme of friendship and growth fit right in with this show's aesthetic, and it isn't like t's never been dramatic before. Not enough hiking and mountain climbing? Even if that were true, I really enjoyed this third season and look forward to more.
Sep 24, 2018 1:41 PM

Feb 2013
Lol, it's not a surprise if you tell her about it!
Sep 24, 2018 2:34 PM

Jan 2017
Wow..mentioning Mount Fuji at the last episode while making us anticipate the climb all season.. pls make that 'see you again' happen quick...

But I think this will be my fave episode for the season. Nice blend of all the right stuff that made this series great.
Sep 24, 2018 3:19 PM

Aug 2013
Definitely not enough mountain climbing this season, but the animation improved as compared to S1 & S2. At this rate, we won't see them challenge Fuji again until 2 more seasons. If it is getting another season, I hope they speed things up or do a timeskip.

6/10
Sep 24, 2018 3:41 PM

Mar 2018
So in the end Aoi & Hinata's friendship is stronger than ever.
The girls are growing together <3.

This season was more oriented to the relationship of the girls and their personal struggles rather than climbing and hiking, but I think that's good... serves as a transition for what's next....

"See you again"
There should be a season 4, MtFuji should be climbed now...
Sep 24, 2018 3:46 PM
Jul 2017
WTF n dá pra colocar completo
Sep 24, 2018 4:07 PM
Dec 2017
I just hope they finish the series by climbing mt.fuji, in movie. it'll be a good way to end this ride aren't it boys?
"Life isn't always bright as daylight, the real personality of every person is when the night comes and the moonlight that shines through the dark hours."

Sep 24, 2018 4:44 PM

Sep 2015
I think 14 minutes is the perfect time, we just need more season in less time.

I really hope to see them again!

Sep 24, 2018 5:45 PM

Oct 2010
This season. This fucking season. When did the series get so consistently good at portraying characters, moods and conflicts?

9/10
Sep 24, 2018 7:49 PM

Aug 2009
I hope we don't have to wait another 3,5 years for the next season.
No matter how many times I reach game over and no matter how many times I must pathetically hit continue, I will not stop moving forward." Kamijou Touma
Sep 24, 2018 8:49 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Cute ending! Leave it to Aoi to accidentally spill out the surprise, lol. Hinata putting on that lipstick, was not expecting that!

I think there was less mountain climbing this season, but it was still enjoyable. Didn't like the Hinata jealousy part, but at least it wasn't dragged out. Could definitely go for another season~
Sep 24, 2018 11:16 PM

May 2015
KID SISTER VOUCHER!

A calming ending with Aoi and friends enjoying their friendship and making new memories...

This season focused more on the character relationships rather than the exploration and mountain-climbing elements of the previous season, which I honestly wasn't fond of at first, but I think I can let that slide given how relaxing it was to watch this anime again. I'm assuming that this is more like a prep season so that everyone will be mentally ready to tackle on Mt. Fuji again. Besides, Kaede still needs to finish her studies hehehe. We're definitely getting another season because...

Final Verdict: Turntable ED/10
Sep 26, 2018 9:25 PM

Mar 2009
They didn't even make it to Mt. Fuji this season. That sucks. Oh, well. Cute show as always.

S4 when?
Oct 2, 2018 4:19 AM

Oct 2008
Such wonderful episode!
Hinata & Aoi is too close as friends which is not bad either!
Hope that there's another season!
5/5.
7/10.

Oct 4, 2018 12:02 AM

Jul 2016
No! Tell me first if there will be a fourth season soon!!

I loved this last episode. It was a heartwarming ending for a heartwarming season. I just loved Aoi's role during these whole thirteen episodes, I was really nice to see how much she has grown as a friend, as an employee and as a character.

So, this season was more focused on the everyday life side of the characters and the bond they have with each other rather than the hiking itself. Usually I would see this as something negative BUT since it was so well handled, I must say this was a great decision.

Oh man, it was an amazing season, I will really miss Aoi and co. especially Kokona, my little princess :/ I just hope there is a season 4 in some near future. 2-cour if it's possible 8bit Studio, please. 8/10

P.S.: Also, I really... like... REALLY want to know what they said to each other in the river. What could Aoi have heard to blush and react like that?...
SouthRzVaOct 4, 2018 12:06 AM
Oct 5, 2018 4:56 AM

Jan 2014
Very enjoyable season even if it felt a little short considering the barely over 10min episodes, anyhow happy i waited and watched all of it the past two days.
9/10 ...here's hoping for a full 4th season, but feel that it will most likely be a movie sequel next in line for this show(just my guess).
Oct 8, 2018 11:30 AM

Jul 2009
Aoi and Hinata belong together, I wonder what they said to each other in secret...
Oct 14, 2018 4:45 PM

Oct 2012
Very good closing episode, can't wait for final season the next year!
This series reminds of Hidamari Sketch more and more (minus Shaft-style)

And I just realized that before they even tackle Fuji-san again Kaede graduates of their school and Kokona becomes first year instead. Surely the stay friends even after that. Expect even more feels the next time.

7/10
Oct 17, 2018 11:13 AM
Dec 2015
syncrogazer said:
This overarching theme of friendship and growth fit right in with this show's aesthetic, and it isn't like t's never been dramatic before. Not enough hiking and mountain climbing? Even if that were true, I really enjoyed this third season and look forward to more.

I agree so much with this statement. This anime is getting better and better with each season, it's a shame it's this underwatched. I'm really looking forward to the next season!
Oct 19, 2018 3:47 PM
Dec 2015
jal90 said:
This season. This fucking season. When did the series get so consistently good at portraying characters, moods and conflicts?

9/10

Exactly, this is how a relaxing show must be done. The character progression is outstanding, the way the relationships develop feels natural, the flow of the episodes is balanced, and the art improves with each season. I think (and hope) that "see you again!" at the end means we'll get to see Mt. Fuji climbed sooner or later :)
Oct 23, 2018 8:09 PM

Feb 2014
Well, it's the end.

This season was kind weak in my opinion =/ which kind of disappointing me since I really did enjoy the other two.

The first half was "ok"
The second was focused in what you could say "unnecessary melodrama"

Well, as an overall it was... fine/ok

6/10
TechOtakuOct 23, 2018 8:13 PM
Nov 4, 2018 7:59 PM

May 2012
Lovely ending of this third season! Really lovely season in general as well, and with such an open ending there's always room for more mountain hiking goodness!
Dec 30, 2018 10:51 AM

Oct 2010
Animation was beautiful but I wish it was longer like season 2
KougeruDec 30, 2018 11:20 AM
Jan 6, 2019 4:46 PM

Apr 2014
another amazing season, imo this season was the best one yet

not only that the animation it looked like they went back to the way season 1 looked which imo fits it alot more

but yeah this season was amazing the best season yet now i'm just hoping we get another season but hopefully a lot sooner than we got this one which took a long time but was well worth the wait

really enjoy this series gonna miss it! till next season am hoping and looking forward to it
"one step at a time"
Feb 12, 2019 4:20 PM

Sep 2011
What a great ending for this season. Hinata is as precious as ever, she is still my favorite.
Although we had less climbing, I really liked the drama and the portrayal of Hinata and Aoi's friendship, especially with their talk at the lake this episode.

I can only hope that we will get more seasons later. We need at least another one where they finally all climb Mt. Fuji.
This anime is really underappreciated. I'm giving this season an 8/10, just like the previous season. It's not perfect, but I love it nonetheless.
Feb 23, 2019 6:14 AM

Sep 2018
Sadness pervades me, but it must sooner or later finish this anime series. Excellent season, like the previous ones, the message that has been constantly conveyed in all the episodes has been invaluable. Each episode was enjoyable to follow and entertaining, as well as being beautiful to see for the places shown.

8/10
Aug 27, 2019 7:45 PM

Dec 2012
"You don't know, so you try to learn. You want to learn, so it's fun hanging out. I think it's fun to get to know each other." Hinata's take on getting to know people is so simple yet ever so insightful. Exchanging secrets with Aoi was a cute touch, especially since we can only imagine how to fill in the blanks as each of them react in hushed surprise.

Maybe it's just because Yama no Susume has been constantly growing on me, but S3 felt like my favorite by far. Every episode just made me smile ear to ear and fall in love with the dynamic between Hinata & Aoi. I especially adore Hinata and how she hides her thoughtfulness for Aoi behind her mischievous, nonchalant teasing. This season also really shows how much Hinata actually depends on Aoi. You really get to see a more sensitive side of her in the later episodes as jealousy and frustration build up over missing her time spent with Aoi.

This season's emphasis on side adventures as opposed to the straightforward climbing was also refreshing. Given how S3 takes place in fall, it felt like I was watching Yama no Susume off-season. And considering how close it now is to my favorite season, I'm quite excited to meet autumn with this new experience fresh in my mind.

9/10
Nov 8, 2019 1:18 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
This ending was really great, despite dislike the drama, I really liked this season
7/10
Dec 13, 2019 5:48 AM
Dec 2019
I really want another season!!I loved it!!A total Yuru Camp vibe!!Story was good.Sceneries were good too.I wish there were more anime like this!!I give it 7.5/10.Tbh I was hoping to see Aoi to win over mount Fuji.
Jan 26, 2021 10:22 AM

Feb 2020
Very nice finale.

Overall, a very good season. I liked the character developments and how the season was focusing more on everyday life,but sure I want to see more of actual mountain climbing in the season 4.

Mt. Fufi is still waiting for Aoi. :)

SerafosJan 6, 2:24 AM
Jan 23, 2022 6:38 AM

Aug 2018
Honestly if not for Aoi's revenge for climb Mt.Fuji someday, this is very well done as bookending as a whole.

Swagernator said:
We need spin-off with the disco onii-chan lol.

Yeah, give me another season.

You could just watch Initial D since he's a walking reference to it. His design also based on Shingo (Honda Civic EG6 driver).
May 10, 2022 12:04 PM

Aug 2018
lol at coupons ideas.. Well, some of them are quite enjoyable, really, I think Hinata could like them, really.. ;P
Hinata and Aoi got even closer to each other.. But also it's yeah.. Kind of a how things are.. That we don't actually know a lot about other people around at times.. About their interests, about lots of things.. Well, our interests are also changing, it feels.. You can have favorite hobbies, but they can change.. And stuff like that..
Oct 5, 2022 12:29 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Casual episode to close a interesting season, where the beauty of the images that acted it has prevailed!!!

Now is turn to starts the next season!!! kekeke
Dec 9, 2022 1:08 PM

Nov 2018
I totally feel Aoi! Well, it is definitely rewarding to surprise someone with the desired gift, but it's not bad to buy it together either. I also tried it sometimes and it can be fun 😁!
"The me today will not ever make the future me to regret!"
(Emily Adachi from Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori - Break on the Sky)

Dec 31, 2022 1:00 AM

Sep 2018
I like the strain in their relationship at times, adds another dimension to the typical CGDCT show. Similar to S2, only shorter.  

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yama no Susume: Third Season Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2018

21 by Sommernacht »»
Dec 6, 2023 7:27 AM

Poll: » Yama no Susume: Third Season Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

18 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Feb 22, 2023 1:49 PM

Poll: » Yama no Susume: Third Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2018

27 by quintopia »»
Jan 25, 2023 7:06 PM

Poll: » Yama no Susume: Third Season Episode 4 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

15 by Chaosfromhell »»
Dec 28, 2022 5:04 AM

Poll: » Yama no Susume: Third Season Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2018

21 by KonokoAsada »»
Dec 9, 2022 1:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.