Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 1, 2017 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I kinda like that insert song the added for the episode. It's like a mini montage of their lives so far.

The romance themes is still very evident . We also had the characters dressed in their kimono for a local festival. Miou and the girls looked great in their outfits! The local festival looked fun and Haruki's got some good aim with his shooting skills.

Haruki and Miou managed to get some screen time alone together, which I think is important for building their relationship. There's obvious mutual attraction. Akari also had a moment with Souta so I guess this show will focus on their character pairing more too. I almost thought there would be a kiss this episode
Dec 1, 2017 7:30 AM

Nov 2007
A painting with a past that saved her when she drown.

A new movie with script by KajiKaji's character. The guys asked the girls for illustrations for the movie. lol @ HiroC's character when seeing his love of interest talking about her guess for color of love. SuzuKen's character and KajiKaji's character's love of interest has same idea, though, so he and main girl showing reaction of jealousy.

OP single's coupling song as IN. Showing how busy everyone is during the summer vacation.

She has hard time thinking about color of love. Is she thinking that SuzuKen's character is in love with that another girl or just cannot win against her for the illustration?

Festival time. It seems like her mother has kept that incident secret for a while. She got a chance to visit him.

Other pairs giving main pair chance to be alone. Is that Tokyo Summer Session as IN? KajiKaji's character and and his love of interest in good mood for a while. lol @ him concentrating on her instead of firework. Nice and quiet spot for watching firework. He encouraged her about the illustration. Various color, huh. Almost kiss that interrupted by two puppies.

The reason for mother to keep secret about him revealed... he passed away. Thought so, it was SuzuKen's character's weak-healthed brother (suspecting so when SuzuKen's character asking her about the savoir during the firework part). The teacher / his friend confirmed so.
tsubasaloverDec 1, 2017 10:52 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 1, 2017 9:39 AM

Dec 2014
Another adorable episode.

I really liked the part where the girls were talking about what color love could be.

The fireworks festival was pretty fun, Mochita x Akari best ship. XDD
I also really liked the part where Miou was contrasting the fireworks to what she felt about love.

I started counting down cause I knew they were gonna get interrupted and laughed along with them when they were. XD

Plot Twist at the end. O.O
Dec 1, 2017 9:45 AM

Apr 2016
I'm gonna need new cliche counter, the current one broke somewhere in the half of this episode.

But the ending was unexpected (not the part that the "savior" is already dead, i somehow seen it), but that part with him being actually a brother of Haruki. I wonder, they say that it was Harukis older brother, then whos on that picture at the end of the first episode ? there is a kid.

We'll see next week.
Dec 1, 2017 10:16 AM

Dec 2014
the episode was good.. all the songs resonate well...but the end though... I hate depressing end like that
Dec 1, 2017 10:58 AM
⚧ | 愛と平和

Oct 2010
For some reason, this reminds me of a cross of Tsuzure Children and Konbini Kareshi. That's not a bad thing. I like it. The characters are cute, their expressions are cute, and I do enjoy awkward hatsukoi anime.

That plot twist at the end... Oh boy. That's gonna complicate some things.

Random thing to notice:

They probably should've reconsidered the wording on the sign in the background. It says "rape". ( : ౦ ‸ ౦ : )
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
“The right to think is the beginning of freedom, and speech must be protected
from the government because speech is the beginning of thought.”
  — Ashcroft v.Free Speech Coalition,
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
Dec 1, 2017 11:32 AM

Dec 2014
Souta's kimono was horrible lol. So much Akarin screen time today <3
Liked this episode more than the first one. The music choices and shots between the two were last episode-worthy.

That end though, didn't take long for the drama to kick in.
Still wtf kaa-san don't leave your daughter in front of a grave, without even fully explaining the story.
Dec 1, 2017 4:09 PM

Feb 2016
Souta was pretty funny this episode. Tbh I had a feeling that was going to be the plot twist at the end.

The ED is very catchy, I like it. Souta's va actually has a decent voice.
KurijiDec 1, 2017 4:14 PM
Dec 1, 2017 5:48 PM

May 2014
Swagernator said:
I'm gonna need new cliche counter, the current one broke somewhere in the half of this episode.

But the ending was unexpected (not the part that the "savior" is already dead, i somehow seen it), but that part with him being actually a brother of Haruki. I wonder, they say that it was Harukis older brother, then whos on that picture at the end of the first episode ? there is a kid.

We'll see next week.

the kid at the picture is probably Haruki when he was a kid
Dec 1, 2017 5:54 PM

May 2014
DAMN, Tokyo Summer Session ♥

- first bits of lyrics of Tokyo Summer Session of Natsuki and Yuu were present in Yuu's room.
- Tokyo Summer Session is playing on bgm
- The part where Akari said "It's beautiful" and Mochizuki said "da nee", in Tokyo SS MV, it's reversed haha

- finally, Tokyo Summer Session was supposed to be
Dec 1, 2017 7:48 PM
Jul 2015
kyoudai said:
For some reason, this reminds me of a cross of Tsuzure Children and Konbini Kareshi. That's not a bad thing. I like it. The characters are cute, their expressions are cute, and I do enjoy awkward hatsukoi anime.

I can see the cross between the two because of how sweet the romance is and then haruki's VA being one of the MCs in konbini kareshi.

The fireworks scene was done so well !!
But DAMN. What a cliffhanger ! Shiiiiiiit.
Dec 1, 2017 8:22 PM
Apr 2015
Oh no ><!! The ending...

I hope they can still get together.
Dec 1, 2017 9:33 PM

Jan 2014
Lol that "kiss" scene was so dramatic. Oh well.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Dec 1, 2017 9:38 PM
Sep 2017
Swagernator said:

We'll see next week.

The kid was Haruki when he was little...
Dec 1, 2017 10:54 PM

Nov 2007
kyoudai said:

They probably should've reconsidered the wording on the sign in the background. It says "rape". ( : ౦ ‸ ౦ : )
It should have been クレープ (crepe), but first word got cut off so it looks like rape.
Dec 2, 2017 12:43 AM
Aug 2014
kyoudai said:

That plot twist at the end... Oh boy. That's gonna complicate some things.

Random thing to notice:

bahahaha ク got cut out
Dec 2, 2017 12:49 AM
Aug 2014
So your crush's brother kinda died for ya, that does seem rough
Dec 2, 2017 3:20 AM

Sep 2013
A good and adorable episode. I'm really liking the two main's chemistry. I think it's always interesting when a very shy and soft spoken character is paired with someone who is fairly outgoing.

I saw the plot twist in the end coming since I can't see a love triangle between Miou, Haruki and her savior + Haruki talking to a picture of his brother. Even though I knew it was coming it still made for an interesting plot twist. I like this twist a lot and it creates an interesting story of how these two will be together and how they will overcome it.

Dec 2, 2017 4:24 AM

May 2017
oh boy, drama came, forced drama I mean

His brother is a donor? She probably had a heart transplant. Now the sensei is gonna steal the would be gay MC from Miou
Dec 2, 2017 4:48 AM
⚧ | 愛と平和

Oct 2010
tsubasalover said:
kyoudai said:

It should have been クレープ (crepe), but first word got cut off so it looks like rape.

Yeah, I figured that's what it was, but, still... Should've like put the right side of the ク at least. Just sayin'...
Dec 2, 2017 5:11 AM

Nov 2007
@kyoudai I see. wasn't sure if you knew / saw that missing ク.
Dec 2, 2017 5:45 AM
⚧ | 愛と平和

Oct 2010
tsubasalover said:
@kyoudai I see. wasn't sure if you knew / saw that missing ク.

Yeah, I knew they weren't actually advertising rape on it like "yay, rape, woohoo! Go get some, kids, even if you have to force her/him!" The effect is still the same if you only see this still without watching the rest of the scene. If they'd been a little more aware of it, they could've avoided it even looking like "rape" by either adding part of the ク on the left, or leaving out the レ and having only ープ (which is clearly only part of a word since ー can't be at the beginning). That's what I was trying to say anyway, and ended up wording it ambiguously like I usually do unfortunately. (>﹏<)

Then again, maybe it's an in-joke among the the animators? I don't think you could write "rape" without realizing it as you're drawing the cut, you know?
Dec 2, 2017 11:08 AM
Nov 2016
I pretty much got it when they showed Miou and her mom walking up to a graveyard but to was still an interesting development...

Miou and Haruki got a lot closer but we'll have to see what Miou does now as she will likely blame herself for Haruki's brother's death.

The other couples were cute too.
Dec 2, 2017 11:31 AM
May 2016
That twist at the end really saved the episode for me. Everything was great except for that interruption that had been WAY TOO convienent. I'm also glad that they're not going the Love-triangle route.
Dec 3, 2017 1:39 AM

Aug 2014
Maybe I'm just a degenerate.... but I really didn't see that plot twist at the end of the episode. I knew he was dead though, just not the connection.
Dec 3, 2017 6:41 PM
Jun 2017
Nice episode... i love how the story flows on this one and by the way its ending scene is so exciting that it has a twist on it.. lets see the next episode..
Dec 4, 2017 9:31 AM

Jul 2017
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
The Plot-Twist at the end
Just broke me ouch.
A french otaku. Not a surrender baguette.
Dec 4, 2017 4:25 PM

Oct 2008
wow I was a bit shocked by finding-out the the person who saved Miou's live was Haruki's older brother...I wonder what happened? it must be that he drown because you can't save a drowning person where yourself don't even know how to swim...maybe because of frail body plot line.
anywayz, Akari & Souta are very cute and adorable together!
4/5.

Dec 6, 2017 11:57 AM

Jul 2013
Woah... this has taken a real dark turn fast.
Dec 6, 2017 10:51 PM

Jul 2014
I kinda predicted that Haru's brother is Miou's savior, maybe because of the trailers.

Anyway, love it when TSS plays at the festival <3 also Mochiaka scene! Nice!
Dec 7, 2017 11:35 PM

Aug 2013
For whatever reason, I had a sinking suspicion that the brother was the one who saved Miou from drowning. Just like, the context that Haruki kept mentioning him, and the way Miou kept mentioning her savior and with how vague it was and we never saw either of them...my gut was just telling me something was up.

Though the plot twist still ended up catching me off guard. Doubly so since I definitely didn't think the brother was dead. I thought if my gut reaction was right that she was going to meet the brother and see how alike him and Haruki looked, and maybe he'd see it and get jealous thinking she was hitting on his brother.

But uh, yea, the brother being dead (and seemingly dying from his frailty after saving Miou) definitely threw me off there.
Dec 8, 2017 4:56 PM

Oct 2012
Ok, getting better. So his brother that he adores died when saving Miou and he still lies everyone that he's alive. This will surely put the big wedge between them, many painful moments and a lot of awkardness incoming.

Also, was Yuu always like this? They are still best friends with each other but wasn't he bit different, personality-wise? (or maybe it's just me who remembers it wrong, well, it's still Kamiya Hiroshi afterall).
The same applies to Souta, kinda. But have to say Akari x Souta scene was nice though.
Dec 11, 2017 5:21 AM

Dec 2015
That ending really shattered the mood following the fireworks :'( now we know how the sensei ties into this.

Hanabi scene reminded me of ReLIFE.
~
Dec 11, 2017 8:11 PM
Jul 2018
Hmm, this episode went way too predictable than the first episode until the last plot twist(Btw although I havent watched much romance anime, I am sure some viewer already was anticipating that twist because of such small number of character cast). Maybe that plot twist will now turn into main story drama and I hope it will turn out to be something worth watching!
Dec 14, 2017 7:30 PM
Aug 2017
I didn't watch the music videos involving Haruki and Aida, so I didn't realize that Haruki's brother died. It was alluded to in one of the videos that I didn't watch. It was shocking and sort of sad. I think it was a very enjoyable episode.
Dec 17, 2017 10:53 AM

Feb 2013
Movie dude's big bro is dead... wouldn't have guessed it from the previous movies.
Kind of rude on the part of Miiou's parents... keeping that a secret so long.

That almost-kiss! Stupid dogs.
Dec 24, 2017 9:11 AM
Dec 2017
Whats the insert song name in this episode?
Dec 24, 2017 2:00 PM

Mar 2014
So I figured out the "twist" because of the OP, where we see the teacher in front of a grave

Hope there won't be too much drama because of this development. but she probably won't be able to submit a proper painting....
Dec 27, 2017 10:51 PM

Feb 2013
I knew it! I don't know how, but I knew it would be the brother.
Dec 30, 2017 9:25 AM

May 2015
\(!!˚☐˚)/ They were so close!
Dec 31, 2017 2:54 PM

May 2012
A perfect episode to start the new year 2018! The fireworks where perfect and with that kind of scene it just was beautiful!

Really loving the progression, looking forwards to see what's next!
Jan 4, 2018 4:10 PM

Jan 2013
The infamous kiss interruption. Will they just forget about what could have happened.
Jan 15, 2018 5:39 PM

Aug 2017
The ending ruined the episode for me because is so convenient. I hope that now focus in the main couple, not in the random ones. 1/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 31, 2018 9:58 AM

Jul 2009
I was expecting this kind of thing to happen...Miou's savior was Haruki's older brother.
Feb 18, 2018 7:20 PM
Sep 2016
episode 1 arround 17 minutes in when the teacher says haruki is starting to look like his older brother followed by Miou dreaming about drowning, that was enough for me to figure out what the plot twist was going to be, everything from that point on was just confirming my suspicions

Miou's mother waiting to be in front of the grave to tell Moiu the truth, but the matches are more important let's just leave Miou alone in front of the grave wondering WTF is going on , kind of a dick move IMO
Cedulet1Feb 18, 2018 7:24 PM
Apr 26, 2018 6:19 PM

Mar 2015
Mmmm the plot reveal of Miou's savior was.. ergh, too convenient?
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 31, 2019 9:57 PM

Nov 2014
It seems finally revealed that Miou saviour was Haruki's bro, i wonder how their relationship will go on.

Damn,those dogs ruining a great moment of HarukixMiou XD.

I really glad they kinda animated "Tokyo Summer Session" even tho not all of the moments were animated. They even added comedic skit from the lyric on YuuxNatsuki scene when Natsuki ask Yuu to accompany her in the festival.
Jul 16, 2019 5:43 AM

Jul 2015
Akari looking at the fireworks: "It's beautifull"
Mochizuki looking at Akari: "Yes it is"
Gotta love this ship

But damn that revelation at the end...

Sep 10, 2019 3:12 PM
Aug 2018
Watched half of the episode until Mious mother says something about "it is probably a good time".
Remember how Haruki said that his brother used to love filming?

So Harukis brother will be Mious "hero", but something happened while he saved her and that is the reason why is can't film anymore.

And so many convenient plot elements...

But it is strange that Haruki always talked about his brother in the present form, as if he was still alive. I expected him to be an invalid, but not that he died.
tr25a3Sep 10, 2019 3:24 PM
Feb 28, 2020 2:55 AM

Jan 2011
I saw that twist coming.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itsudatte Bokura no Koi wa 10 cm Datta. Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2017

31 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 14, 2023 2:05 AM

Poll: » Itsudatte Bokura no Koi wa 10 cm Datta. Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2017

26 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 4, 2023 7:58 AM

Poll: » Itsudatte Bokura no Koi wa 10 cm Datta. Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2017

49 by Skelenone »»
Sep 3, 2023 7:11 PM

Poll: » Itsudatte Bokura no Koi wa 10 cm Datta. Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2017

44 by RawrOMG »»
Aug 14, 2023 10:37 PM

Poll: » Itsudatte Bokura no Koi wa 10 cm Datta. Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2017

89 by imlaabem »»
Sep 13, 2022 8:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.