Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Laid-Back Camp
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jan 13, 2018 9:40 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
In short it was a very lovely SOL show. I am loving Nadeshiko's full of energy personality as well as Rin mature personality. Interesting how she set up the whole campsite by herself. I wonder how she charges her phone lol
She sure got a nice view of Mt.Fuji.
Overall I'm liking the show, it'll probably be my favorite for the season.

Jan 13, 2018 11:47 PM

Oct 2010
I love how soothing the bgm is with the whole episode. Made me feel sleepy, in a good way

Also Nadeshiko is one of those ditsy girls that you cant hate because shes both cute and entertaining.

The last soundtrack in the end was also very comfortable.
Jan 14, 2018 11:31 AM
Jun 2016
For me this anime is one of the masterpiece. And yeah i actually really love SOL genre, and with the countryside of Fuji Mountain background, this anime is one of most relaxing anime ever. (After Non Non Biyori absolutely) Looking forward for more episode every week.
Jan 14, 2018 3:51 PM

Nov 2015
I can tell already this will be my heart warming and relaxing slice of life of the season. As someone who used to camp a lot, this brought back many memories and moments. The art style is cute and the music is mesmerising. Can't wait for more episodes!

Katsura janai, Zura da

Jan 15, 2018 9:02 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Camping in cold weather is best done with friends that can share the fun. Cycling all the way to see Mt Fuji thats an admirable goal. But encountering a sleeping girl on a bench must be the last thing she expected. Looks like Rin is used to camping by herself. The explanation for each component of the campfire sure was educational. But Rin's first proper encounter with the girl during the night was pretty scary. Hmm mistaking a card deck for a phone this girl sure is ditsy. But she really looked pretty happy when she was eating though. Mt Fuji under the moon's glow sure is pretty. So the elder sister uses that method to stop the girl from going off eh. An excellent first episode that did well to introduce Rin.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2018 10:37 AM

Nov 2014
gizter13 said:
miss_harpee said:
Makes me want to go camping now!

i'm feeling you, but its too damn cold right now.. ill have to wait for spring at the very least.
just wish my friends would be up for it too, they allways send me off alone. maybe i'll show them this anime and convert them.

That is exactly what I was thinking. Would be a blast! But for sure too cold right now lol.
Jan 15, 2018 9:16 PM
Jan 2017
I wasn't sure what to expect going in...but this first episode won me over. It has a lot of charm and nice relaxing vibes. Rin made me want to go camping. She made it look so easy, fun, and calming. This is going to be a nice escape for me this season.
Jan 16, 2018 2:36 AM
Dec 2017
what a beautiful anime. I prefer this than any other anime in this season. The characters remembering me to K-on, the setting kinda reminds me to Non Non Biyori. And the music are the winner here, I almost shed a tears when the scene of Mount Fuji came (its one of my dream for a very long time, see Mount Fuji in Japan)
Jan 16, 2018 12:52 PM

Jul 2016
Relaxing nice Anime with a quick jumpscare just to make my day shit D:
Jan 18, 2018 1:14 PM

Jan 2011
So relaxing and cute and joyful and beautiful! Instant fav, instant 0,95+! Its a mix of „yama no susume“ and „non non byori“ I think. So I am definitly gonna like this! This show will bring up some great memories I made: I experienced camping in Nihon myself during my cycling tour! I even managed to sleep at a toilet, too. But not near Fuji-san, it was on top of Fuji-san! It was so cold … But totally worth it! =D I am so gonna enjoy this show … Wait, I said this before … xD Oh boi, I am excited! And Rin seems to be a fantastic main chara, too! What a great season!
Jan 20, 2018 2:35 PM
Nov 2013
Salokannel2 said:
Is it just me or does the pink haired girl have kinda similar design to K-On characters?
Her face looks like Yui's and she moves and acts the same way as her xD

One word, Moe. I was going to comment this too. I'm happy I was not the only one who noticed this. The anime's art somehow reminds me of K-On.
Jan 21, 2018 7:54 AM

Mar 2011
Great first episode. It made me feel cozy and relaxed :) I'm definitely going to keep watching this!
Jan 21, 2018 1:59 PM

Oct 2015
This anime seems interesting and this Rin girl seems like she will bring it. I know I will like this one for sure.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 22, 2018 9:53 PM

Jan 2013
This is one of those animes that when i hear i'm like "didn't know something like this even existed". And then i wonder if i should start watching it or no because sometimes some of them are not worth it. Glad that it wasn't the case here.
Loving this idea and the ambient.
Oh and btw, Rin is definitely the best girl ahaha
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 23, 2018 12:51 PM
Dec 2017
Salokannel2 said:
Is it just me or does the pink haired girl have kinda similar design to K-On characters?
Her face looks like Yui's and she moves and acts the same way as her xD

Maybe pinkhair is a mixture of Mizunashi Akari from ARIA and Mirai Nikki? The episode felt Aria level nostalgic in some places.
Tacsk0Jan 23, 2018 12:59 PM
Jan 23, 2018 1:05 PM
Dec 2017
Wrath said:
...hope she has fun sleeping with the bugs too, seeing as she left her tent flap and sleeping bag unrolled/open the entire episode...

In a later episode the pro girl says outright she only goes to camp during the cold season, because 1: There aren't any bugs left then and 2-7. miscellanous reasons.
Jan 23, 2018 1:11 PM
Dec 2017
jlutholtz said:
... it's better to camp in the woods to fight off the cold...

Consider that Japan is prone to earthquakes and typhoons, so it's best to be clear of large objects that can fall or roll. In the open you are probably safe, save for asteroid impact or an alien saucer invasion, but those anime events usually hit Mega-Tokyo, not the countryside.
Jan 23, 2018 1:15 PM

May 2014
Tacsk0 said:
Wrath said:
...hope she has fun sleeping with the bugs too, seeing as she left her tent flap and sleeping bag unrolled/open the entire episode...

In a later episode the pro girl says outright she only goes to camp during the cold season, because 1: There aren't any bugs left then and 2-7. miscellanous reasons.
fair enough, it's been a while since i went camping and i usually go during the warmer months so i completely forgot about that.

Jan 25, 2018 6:31 PM
Jul 2015
Nadeshiko-chan is love :)

Jan 30, 2018 4:49 AM

Jun 2007
camping doesn't look comfy to me in any way (done that yeah so i know) especially during the cold seasons but still this anime looks nice. i love the art style
see you, space cowperson . . .
Feb 2, 2018 2:05 AM

Nov 2012
DLSUalpha009 said:
Nadeshiko-chan is love :)

Nadeshiko is my spirit moe animu gril now.

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Feb 2, 2018 10:45 AM

Feb 2013
I'm in love with this already. Super adorable, relaxing, funny anime.
Feb 2, 2018 12:25 PM

Nov 2011
xSkipi said:
terrablu2003 said:
I have not seen this anime series yet, do you recommend it?

It's not for everyone but I highly recommend you to give it a try at least. This show is one of my favorite anime because of the visuals, the BGM and the mood it creates.
The only "problem" is that the first season is composed of 3 minutes episodes :)

Thank you so much for your message, I will keep it in mind, however I have no problems if the first season is made of shorts, I had already noticed this anime series and the minutage of the episodes. Thank you so much again. ;)
Feb 3, 2018 2:28 PM

Jun 2013
Anyone else hear I Want You Back at the beginning of the OP?
Feb 5, 2018 11:27 PM

Dec 2011
I haven't done any camping in years. Can never get a decent night sleep when I do so I tend to avoid it where possible.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Feb 6, 2018 2:34 AM
Dec 2017
Yuru camp ep1 was totally unrealistic. Little girl steadily rides a 16" foldable bike with heavy luggage uphill: well that doesn't happen in real life. Long Riders has already shown us what happens: Ami Kurata literally fell off her tiny, inefficient Pontakun halway up the climb, even though she didn't have any luggage to drag her down.

Not that Yuru camp is bad or anything, it took me weeks to realize the above, but still we can realize even a lifelike story takes a lot of liberty with reality.
Feb 8, 2018 3:13 PM

Aug 2012
-this OP is super catchy and is honestly the biggest reason i decided to watch this
-i might regret this because i've been camping like once or twice in my entire life
-those are some juicy snores
-wait so is this before they all meet each other
-hotel clerk's voice sounds super muffled for some reason
-i thought that hot pack was a pack of curry seasoning
-once again that is some j u i c y snoring
-yeah people weren't kidding when they said this show was super comfy
-wait is it fine to leave a campfire like that unattended
-yeah seems like the main girls haven't met yet
-pink hair would be me in the wilderness probably
-the sound design on all these secondary noises is pretty nice, i gotta say
-oyoyo
-i like the aesthetic of the ED song

Somehow this show seems super nostalgic despite my very limited experience with camping. I thought that would be something that would make me enjoy the show less, but they ended up making all the camping stuff in this episode pretty educational and accessible to the relatively uninitiated. Maybe I enjoyed the camping segments so much because Rin's character design is super cute. Maybe it's also because I'm a huge fan of nature scenery and this show just naturally lends itself to showcasing that. In addition to the camping stuff, I noticed that the sound design on some of the sound effects like Nadeshiko's snoring, anyone's breathing, or the eating sounds is unusually memorable to me. I'm not an audiophile so I don't know if they're actually better than what I've already been hearing, but they're certainly memorable. This show seems to have a lot of potential.

also the OP and ED are super fucking good
Feb 9, 2018 10:57 AM

Jul 2009
Very fun and it even teach stuff about camping!
Feb 9, 2018 11:48 PM

Mar 2017
Super chill and comfy epsiode. I loved the atmosphere and sound design, although everything else was on point too.
Feb 10, 2018 4:34 PM

Jul 2010
Now this anime is really good! I like it! Only one thing I didn't like about the episode: Sakura, did you REALLY have to call Nadeshiko a pig? Was that necessary? Eh, just a tiny nitpick. Maybe an eventual English dub can change it to something less mean-spirited. Oh well. I'm definitely watching this!
Feb 12, 2018 11:54 AM
Dec 2017
Great episode and first impression. Pretty animation and awesome chemistry between the two girls. I really learned some things about camping and they were both adorable. Now I wanna go hiking ...
Also, what a fantastic and heartwarming OP.
Feb 17, 2018 12:46 AM

Apr 2017
So calming... Never tried camping, but this one proves how good it is.

I really liked the show, totally above my expectation.

I like the ED, it reminds me of the theme song that plays in Bolt (Disney Movie).
Life isn't as fun and easy as anime.
Watch anime to bring that fun!!
Feb 25, 2018 7:07 PM

Aug 2015
Clearly I should've started watching this earlier. This gives such a homey feeling. It's great!
Feb 25, 2018 11:27 PM

Sep 2017
Yuru Camp anime's Cooking and landscape are very good,beautiful.
Caracters are attractinve(especially in Voice) too.
Cooking in this anime is very good.So,I don't recommend that you watch it in midnight.You may want to eat something , your weight rise.

I often go on a picnic and camp in summer.After watching this anime , I'd like to go in winter.
But I have no equipment in winter camp. As them in this anime,I need money and work hard.
Mar 5, 2018 11:54 AM

Nov 2014
Oh cmon, smell of campfire smoke on clothes is great. I love going to sleep in those.
Chopping wood directly on ground is pretty bad idea, but I guess she didn't want to bother with preparing some small block. Other than that some nice details, especially tent construction.

I never had a chance to camp with actual toilet nearby. That looks so comfortable. On the other hand that means it's popular camping spot, so no way to be alone during season.
JustAnotherShiroMar 5, 2018 11:57 AM
Mar 7, 2018 6:44 PM

Sep 2015
This was GOLD! Can't believe I didn't watch this sooner. It was so relaxing and comfy. It just gives you a warm feeling inside :)
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Mar 11, 2018 4:05 PM

Apr 2014
waited for 10 eps to release before starting, and with just this 1 ep can already say this series is something amazing

now to keep watching
"one step at a time"
Mar 12, 2018 4:43 AM

Sep 2017
Wow !! The soundtrack is fucking incredible. It was a good and calm episode.
I hope it is good considering how popular this is getting.

ボールルームダンサー
Mar 14, 2018 2:56 PM

Sep 2014
I feel bad for not picking this earlier, that was really cute and relaxing.
Loving the backgrounds and the soundtracks and most importantly cute girls!
Down to earth Rin and klutzy Nadeshiko I like this chemistry.
Pretty catchy opening song too heh, can't wait to see the rest!
nerfxMar 14, 2018 3:01 PM
Mar 25, 2018 6:17 PM

Apr 2015
I could make an intelligent comment about the joy of shows that are as nice and relaxing as this one and how mediums other than anime really lack shows like this, or I could just say what was really on my mind.

"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Mar 28, 2018 4:54 AM
Apr 5, 2018 11:04 PM

Jan 2015
So that is the person that get discussed a lot on the FB lately huh? Shima Rin. I like her already. She's cute, not talk too much, and looks dependable. They're like tiny Mio (or maybe Azusa?) and Yui plus Sawa-chan but with no music club. >_<
MasceraApr 5, 2018 11:09 PM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 9, 2018 1:36 PM

Apr 2018
I am in love with Nadeshiko; her goofy personality is awesome! ヽ(´▽`)/
May 25, 2018 7:18 AM

May 2012
Quite lovely first episode I must say, really lovely pacing and a really beautiful environments. Loving the OP and ED song and just love it as a slice of life anime!

Let's see what this anime has to offer!
Oct 21, 2018 12:44 PM

Jul 2013
Love the episode! It's so soothing....it makes me want to go camping and enjoy the nature.
Nov 18, 2018 4:24 AM

Jan 2015
Nice start. I feel very relaxed after this xD.
This anime fits so much with my city's weather.
Nov 23, 2018 7:51 AM

Mar 2017
God I hope this becomes a fav. Loving the atmospheric and chill vibe this show gives

Also onee-chan is hot
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Nov 28, 2018 2:38 PM
Nov 2018
Mount fuji, curry noodles.

I want to watch this and i'm going to watch this but this episode was too slow for my tastes, although i really like the main girl design.

Also that pink-haired chick:

Smartphone Smartphone Smartphone
Smartphone Smartphone

I didn't found the comedy much compelling in this episode but that scene was hilarious.
Jan 13, 2019 4:15 AM

Sep 2018
Reviewing this anime does not diminish it in the slightest: you immediately appreciate the background music, the style of simple but nice and particular design. Mettimoci also the calm pace of the narrative and the mix is perfect to make me appreciate the narration right away, to all this, let's add the character of Rin, so serious and reliable, you appreciate it immediately, and the character of Nadeshiko, with his sweetness and its joy, and the final result is fantastic. Together the two girls are a winning combination, you can not not love them right away. The backgrounds are beautiful, but the graphics are not excellent.
Mar 6, 2019 12:37 AM
Oct 2018
anyone wanna go camping tonight?
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2018

109 by Moltony »»
Oct 17, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2018

146 by MidnightDust »»
Sep 29, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2018

292 by kazuma-kisaragi »»
Sep 27, 7:01 AM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2018

134 by kazuma-kisaragi »»
Sep 18, 10:01 AM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2018

117 by kazuma-kisaragi »»
Sep 13, 6:11 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.