Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 24, 2017 2:17 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Boruto and his visor...
Is this guy trying to look cool?

Felt like this was one of the lesser exciting episodes. I think Boruto is really trying to prove himself to others especially to his parents.
May 24, 2017 2:38 AM

Jul 2015
Chuuni Boruto made me laugh out loud. I'm really starting to like all these new characters, and their interaction with the older cast is great too. The scene with grandpa Hiashi hugging his Himawari and Boruto was adorable! The only thing bugging me still is Mitsuki. Good thing he didn't have much screen time in this ep.
May 24, 2017 2:50 AM

Dec 2012
Life as the Hokage is tiring.
LOL Boruto acting weird.

Nice to see more Naruto, Hinata & Himawari.
Good to see Hanabi.

Grandpa Hiashi challenging Boruto to a match.
Santoryu_XBurnerMay 24, 2017 2:54 AM
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

May 24, 2017 3:00 AM

Mar 2008
This is getting a lot better. Who was the guy who appeared in Boruto's dream? Can't wait to find out about his eye. Also, I'm so giddy over seeing Himawari & Hanabi. <3
May 24, 2017 3:11 AM

Jan 2015
AnimeJunky said:
This is getting a lot better. Who was the guy who appeared in Boruto's dream? Can't wait to find out about his eye. Also, I'm so giddy over seeing Himawari & Hanabi. <3

I'm almost 100% sure it's Toneri Otsutsuki, the guy from The Last movie. And judging by the fact it's Toneri, Boruto's eye has to be the Tenseigan, right? I mean it was his obsession.

This episode was a bit fun, nice to see Naruto, Hinata and Himawari. I'm really looking forward to seeing Boruto finally acknowledging what his father does for his family, the village and the whole shinobi world.
May 24, 2017 3:15 AM

Dec 2014
Huge step up from last week, great episode.

That Kagemasa movie made me laugh so much. Them Gurren Lagann glasses. XDD

The prophecy part was pretty interesting. Boruto going full Chuuni after that was hilarious. XD
I loved the part where they were referring to the scroll of sealing. Still, it's kind sad seeing Naruto get lumped with all that work.

Hyuga family has gone all soft. To think old man Hyuga there used to be so terrifying. XD
Himawari + Hanabi is win.

Grandpa vs Boruto should prove quite interesting.
May 24, 2017 3:22 AM

Apr 2014
This was a much much better episode. Honestly, the anime has done a surprisingly great job to make Boruto such a likeable character which is surprising because in the Boruto movie he was annoying as hell. Also, that scene with grandpa Hiashi hugging Himawari and Boruto was cute as fuck.

tfw everything is according to keikaku
May 24, 2017 3:30 AM

Sep 2013
3/5

The plot thickens with what could be an Otsutsuki clan member in Boruto's dream. I definitely agree with @thiagopv that it might be Toneri. His silhouette is too similar to him.

The reason on why he is in Boruto's dream and his purpose is unknown which is more than enough for me to continue watching this series. I'm more interested in how this all came about and Boruto's eye powers.

Finally...Holy shit Hanabi. How are you single?

May 24, 2017 3:40 AM

Mar 2008
thiagopv said:
AnimeJunky said:

I'm almost 100% sure it's Toneri Otsutsuki, the guy from The Last movie. And judging by the fact it's Toneri, Boruto's eye has to be the Tenseigan, right? I mean it was his obsession.

I knew he looked familiar. Thank ya for the memory jog.
May 24, 2017 4:45 AM

Jul 2016
First episode that actually was decent. Finally some storyline.
May 24, 2017 4:50 AM

Jun 2012
Himawari is just cuteness overload! Nice to see adult Hanabi too!
May 24, 2017 5:25 AM

Feb 2013
Boruto just became more annoying,lol.
Grandpa loves his grandchildren.
May 24, 2017 5:29 AM

Jun 2014
That was definitely Toneri that appeared in Boruto's dream, hell his name was even in the end credits lol.

Boruto was pretty funny in this episode, and it was nice to see the whole Uzumaki family get some screen time together. I also liked seeing older characters like Hiashi and Hanabi show up again. I'm glad things are finally starting to get more interesting.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 24, 2017 5:40 AM
Jan 2017
i wish they discover the secrete of his eye quickly and not to wait more episodes .. the appearances of naruto , hinata and shikamaro brings back memories <3

the next episodes shall be better (i wish) and hope they don't stall more
and hanabi is so damn cute and beautiful :D i think she'd be my new crush <3 :D
May 24, 2017 5:45 AM

Mar 2016
The show is really picking up now! I think Boruto's thing is like some weird new jutsu which would be super cool.

I'm ready to see this grandpa and Boruto fight! :) you think they'll make a spin-off series with himawari as the star! I would love to see that!

Poor Naruto... he just trying to live :/ . Okay I haven't finished Naruto Shippuden yet and I'm on epi. 173 ... BORUTO GAVE ME SPOILERS TO A GREAT NINJA WAR WHAT!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 2017 5:50 AM
Apr 2016
Okay, boruto is going to be a great.
After 1-7 boring episodes. But, what's toneri says is remind me of Jiraiya teacher Old Sannin Frog(i don't remember the name) told to naruto about the future of the Shinobi world. Anyway I still don't know much about boruto's eyes. And yes, the guy in the theater film is remind me of the main character from guren lagann.

Overall episode 5/5
May 24, 2017 6:05 AM
Jan 2017
UrbanJahts said:
The show is really picking up now! I think Boruto's thing is like some weird new jutsu which would be super cool.

I'm ready to see this grandpa and Boruto fight! :) you think they'll make a spin-off series with himawari as the star! I would love to see that!

Poor Naruto... he just trying to live :/ . Okay I haven't finished Naruto Shippuden yet and I'm on epi. 173 ... BORUTO GAVE ME SPOILERS TO A GREAT NINJA WAR WHAT!!!!

TF u done !!! u can't watch Boruto before Naruto xD it would be a huge spoiler xD
May 24, 2017 6:44 AM

Sep 2015
Hiashi op loving grandpa.
May 24, 2017 7:01 AM

Oct 2015
Huge step up from the previous episodes(most of them were pretty boring) <3
So happy we get to see more naruto, hinata and himawari(kawaii!!)

Weirdly enough my least liked char is boruto but still :P cant help being happy that characters from the prequel get to have some screentime
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 2017 7:38 AM

Jun 2015
Boruto trying to act cool with the visor was amusing. The dream he had was interesting. He thinks he has the Byakugan so they visit the Hyuga Clan. It's nice to see everyone else. Grandpa hugging Boruto and Himawari was funny. Grandpa vs Boruto is going to interesting.
May 24, 2017 7:41 AM

Jan 2013
Stark700 said:

Boruto and his visor...
Is this guy trying to look cool?

Umm, yes?
Friendly reminder: he's just a small kid in the academy. Nothing new for very young boys. ^^

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
May 24, 2017 7:48 AM

Jan 2013

Can't believe this cute grandpa is truly that 'scary' and strict Hiashi. Hanabi is such a beautiful, young lady now. Time flies, huh? :D

Finally, something interesting is happening! Now I seriously can't wait for next week.

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
May 24, 2017 7:50 AM
May 2017
Much better than previous episodes. Hyuga clan get more development and people of Konoha will realize Boruto' special dojutsu (and I love his conceited behaviour). Hopefully they will develop Himawari as well, she better not stays a sweet little sister that play Hinata's handmaid all the time.

One thing to note, though, is that since Hanabi is the chosen main branch's heir of Hyuga clan and she's still single... this will mean that either Boruto or Himawari will eventually have to ended up as the leader of Hyuga clan. But it's better for them to introduce a boyfriend to Hanabi (Shino would be nice <3<3<3 since he's single).
May 24, 2017 8:12 AM

Apr 2014
Finally some progress.
May 24, 2017 8:13 AM

Oct 2015
Nice episode. I found this "visit grandpa" thing a bit forced though.

Boruto's sister can awaken her byakugan, so why are they so surprised if Boruto does the same? Why didn't any of them say "show us", or something? Why didn't Boruto show them his eye?

That part didn't make much sense for me. Other than that it was a nice episode. It was also funny. I really enjoy this sequel! Since there's nothing they could base the story on, I assume we won't have more hundred episodes of fillers (I really hope), they don't have a reason for that at all.
May 24, 2017 8:25 AM

Mar 2016
Finally! Took 8 weeks, 8 fuck*ng episodes to see a good episode!
May 24, 2017 8:29 AM
May 2017
One thing for sure this new dojutsu of boruto will not be able to use by himself because it is still unknown in the manga because when boruto defeated momoshiki boruto saw momoshiki's ghost with that dojutsu and he gave him a mark like one on the forehead of tsunadere in boruto's right hand palm at that time only sasuke was able to see the ghost with his rinnegan
May 24, 2017 8:34 AM

Jan 2016
Finally a good episode again. Any episode with Naruto screen time is good and he did get alot of screen time this week. Himawari is handsdown the best character of Boruto and she hasn't even done anything yet except being adorable asf.

The series would be better if it was named: Himawari Naruto next generation
May 24, 2017 8:46 AM

Sep 2013
That TTGL visor thou :)
Boruto with the dream and goes chuuni, hisashi now tests him.
May 24, 2017 8:48 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Boruto get up the Byakugan, or this he think!!!
The grandpa and the autun was a nice with the kids!!!
May 24, 2017 9:58 AM

Dec 2009

Lmao this is too great. Probably my favorite episode since the Shino fight. Absolutely loved how Boruto saw Toneri who I didn't think would show up again after the events of The Last: Naruto The Movie (Confirming his eye is literally going to be the Tenseigan) and in turn the rest of the episode acted like a chuunibyou something I never thought I would see in the Naruto-verse. Himawari and Naruto's reactions to this were absolutely the best haha. Really awesome to see the other Hyuga clan members again, especially Hanabi and Hisashi (Who has become quite the doting grand parent).
May 24, 2017 10:42 AM

Jul 2008
tkrisz2 said:
Boruto's sister can awaken her byakugan, so why are they so surprised if Boruto does the same? Why didn't any of them say "show us", or something? Why didn't Boruto show them his eye?

Himawari "awakened" her Byakugan in a comical one-shot. Wouldn't count on much of it being fully canon (it's mostly Kishimoto fooling around tbh). Besides, if she did truly awaken it, she would still have it I think. Unlike Sharringan, it doesn't seem to be an eye that you can deactivate.

Boruto can't show them his eye when he can't control it. It only seems to awaken when it detects something related to it. No need to ask him to do it either as he would have done it immediately if he could.
May 24, 2017 11:15 AM

Aug 2015
"The hyuga's are the strongest clan in Konoha"

Hashi and Tobi are probably laughing their asses off in their tombs.

Nice episode, Boruto acting like a weeb kamina and the interactions between the characters are very enjoyable.
May 24, 2017 11:56 AM

Nov 2016
Finally an episode with a little more story progress. Let's see what Boruto can do with his new eye.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 24, 2017 11:56 AM

Apr 2014
Pakumen- said:

Nice episode, Boruto acting like a weeb kamina and the interactions between the characters are very enjoyable.

Considering how both Uchiha and Senju clan are nearly extinct. They're not exactly wrong.
May 24, 2017 12:13 PM

Dec 2015
Finally we got something, the guy in the dream kinda looked like a grown up Mitsuki but that must not have been him.

Alright! This is going somewhere!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 24, 2017 3:23 PM

Feb 2012
Finally some story line is being hinted at lol.

And yeah the guy who appeared to Boruto in his dreams is def the villain from Naruto the last movie, now its been a couple of years since I watched that movie so I'm not sure did this guy die in the end or they left him on the moon or some shit.

Anyways since he said he's talking with Boruto through his dream I'm guessing he's still alive somewhere.

Looking forward to see where all of this goes.
May 24, 2017 3:39 PM

Aug 2013
Such a great episode. Massive step up from last week's.

The thing I enjoy most is seeing how just much things have changed. I enjoy the modern setting, the cinema, and the silly video games etc. Boruto is just a kid after all doing things anyone would do at his age and it's hilarious to see. Also, grandpa hiashi seeing his grandkids is adorable.

Glad it's finally getting into a proper storyline and a more serious tone.
May 24, 2017 4:52 PM
Sep 2016
very nice Episode I really liked the part when they told about the ninja roll which naruto stole in the first episodes. That was rly funny and now a real Story line Comes up so i cant wait to see the next Episode :).

I just can agree with you guys that was very cude seeing hiashi with his grandkids

I also really enjoy too see how naruto and hinata handle this Situation I hope we will see more about the old Charakters with there children

May 24, 2017 4:54 PM

Jan 2008
Fuuuucckkk, ends when finally getting good and not like I can read the manga or something.

I really want to see their reactions when they learn about his eye and how they'll manage to connect this to the movie, which seems like they might take a whole new route instead.
May 24, 2017 6:19 PM

May 2017
So it's said there's 3 dojutsu in Konoha, Byakugan, Sharingan, what's the last one?

Note: Rinnegan is just an upgraded Sharingan and Tenseigan is just an upgraded Byakugan
May 24, 2017 6:37 PM
Jul 2018
I really like this episode, especially where boruto went kinda Chuunibyou.

removed-userMay 24, 2017 6:44 PM
May 24, 2017 6:44 PM
May 2017
It says that the 3 dojutsu are the Byakugan, Rinnegan, and Sharingan. The Rinnegan counts as its own dojutsu as with the Sharingan. The Rinnegan is not an updated Sharingan. They are 2 different dojutsus that are derived from the Rinne Sharingan.
May 24, 2017 7:37 PM

Oct 2011
Gurren laggan visor omg
Toneri omg
😲
May 24, 2017 7:57 PM

Feb 2015
It looks like Mitsuki is involved in all this. Hinata's father is going to fight Boruto to prove if he has the byakugan.
May 24, 2017 8:20 PM

Jan 2013
Finally, what I've been waiting for. Some nice family interaction
May 24, 2017 9:18 PM

May 2015
Man, this is what I have been waiting to see in a Boruto episode, more of the family side and I was not disappointed… considering how Gramps-Hyuga was in Naruto strict AF this was pleasant to see… after all grandparents are the biggest pampering persons in the world and don’t get me started with auntie Hanabi playing with her niece, Himawari ... to me this was the best episode so far...
May 24, 2017 9:33 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Words cannot describe how perfect this episode was for me lol, where do I even begin

Grandpa Hiashi and Aunty Hanabi (My girl looking quite fine and kinda THICC) did not disappoint one bit lol, I freaking LOVED seeing how much they love Boruto and Himawari (Who was way too adorable in this episode)

Naruto in this episode wasn't bad either, and it was nice to see his moments with Boruto in this episode. I also really liked the mutual respect between Naruto and his in laws, that was cool to see and I'm going to thoroughly enjoy watching he and Hiashi observe Boruto together

The little lesson on the Hyuga was informative (Especially for newcomers) but the way Hiashi made things sound, it seems like its super hard to learn how to activate the Byakugan and even harder to master it (Which I wasn't aware of) so that was pretty neat....Also much respect for Himawari for being a beast and activating it like the true monster she's destined to become lol

Got more Shikadai and Boruto BFF moments which is always nice to see (I just love how close they are man) and Mitsuki's random entrances were amusing as usual xD The movie scene was so surreal for me man, things got so freaking modern that they have freaking movie theatres and full blown films like we do IRL lol And don't get me started on how the hero of the movie kinda reminded me of Simon/Kamina from TTGL

Boruto in this episode was hilarious though, this kid had me DYING when he acted all tsun over the movie guy, only for him to start mimicking the dude after he had his dream....Except this dude was way too extra with it and that made it even funnier (Like that living room scene and then Himawari's reaction to him in the bedroom) xD and then later that burn that he gave Naruto that had even Hinata and Shikamaru dying xDDD

Still, one thing that I REALLY loved about this episode was something about Boruto that further sets him apart from his dad - The scene where Boruto was thinking about the weird chakra and his eye...The most Naruto used his clones for was to make training easier and quicker and as fodder in battle. This dude Boruto straight up interacted with his clones directly, showcased the various aspects of his psyche and even had a full blown intelligent conversation on how he's gonna handle things going forward with the major situations at hand - That's freaking awesome

Lastly......Fucking Toneri lol....I never thought that the mysterious person was going to be him but this is pretty interesting....I'm glad to see him back though, and I'm excited to see where this thing is gonna go, but I think it's safe to say that Boruto's eye being a Byakugan is pretty much 100% dead now....It's definitely either something new or a Tenseigan and I love it

Still, I'm looking forward to the sparring sessions next week (I think the spoilers said that he's gonna spar with Hanabi so if we get a 2 in 1 sparring session, I'll be quite happy)
TokoyaMay 24, 2017 9:36 PM
May 24, 2017 10:48 PM

Aug 2013
Z4k said:
Pakumen- said:

Considering how both Uchiha and Senju clan are nearly extinct. They're not exactly wrong.

+1
Although Sarutobi in recent history was stronger, but since Asuma died, it's pretty much just Konohamaru as far as we know
May 25, 2017 1:37 AM

Sep 2016
Immm soooooooooo happyyy HANABI has finally made an appearance!!! thank the Yato God ! man she has grown into a lovely woman i wanna see moree this satisfied my whole week
Facta Non Verba
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 139 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2020

28 by Chfenj_ »»
Jun 7, 12:49 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 135 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2019

48 by Chfenj_ »»
Jun 5, 1:13 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 183 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2021

30 by Tony2Phones »»
Jun 4, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Power comparison

Igris_knight - Jun 3

5 by ezequielatlus »»
Jun 3, 11:43 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 181 Discussion

Eoussama - Jan 10, 2021

49 by Tony2Phones »»
Jun 3, 2:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.