Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 8, 2017 9:06 PM
May 2016
Is that a fish teacher?

Jan 8, 2017 9:06 PM
Jan 2016
As expected. Well directed, well animated, & colourful, but the slapstick comedy per minute was through the roof. I hope they will balance it out as the series goes.
Jan 8, 2017 9:23 PM
Jul 2014
LittlepipCx said:
zenithtb said:
Three young girls almost beaten by giant cock. (The 'explain an anime badly' trope).

Other than that, I too saw the dip in the animation quality, but it held its own well against anything else this season.

I am biased, as I loved the OVAs, but I thought this was the best EP1 this season so far.

I'd like to think this will be a 24 episodes series, but I suspect it'll be a 12. Anyone know more?

It's a 24 episode series, 2 cour

How I love thee!

Must contain 15 characters...
Jan 8, 2017 9:44 PM

Mar 2016
If the rest of the episodes are this good I'm gonna have a lot of creamed panties by the end of this season
wow
Jan 8, 2017 9:56 PM

Feb 2014
Don't care what other shows come out this year. 2017 has already been saved. This was just flawless and such a fun episode.
I just hope the animation quality doesn't drop over the course of the series.
Jan 8, 2017 10:11 PM

Jul 2015
HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

great first episode

edit: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PecoJan 8, 2017 10:16 PM
Jan 8, 2017 10:13 PM

Sep 2013
I'm still a bit disappointed that it's also a reboot but once the adventuring got started it was the same fun LWA.
Jan 8, 2017 10:39 PM

Sep 2015
Strong contender for Anime of the Season right here. I hope we're taken on new adventures and it's not just a more fleshed out version of the original. Akko's energy made this episode incredibly fun, she's such a wacky, goofy, and cute character that you can't help but love.

Been anticipating this since the announcement and episode 1 did not fail to impress.
Dare I say, Trigger saved anime with this release?
Jan 8, 2017 10:56 PM

Mar 2014
HecticLeo said:
Strong contender for Anime of the Season right here. I hope we're taken on new adventures and it's not just a more fleshed out version of the original. Akko's energy made this episode incredibly fun, she's such a wacky, goofy, and cute character that you can't help but love.

Been anticipating this since the announcement and episode 1 did not fail to impress.

You're right that anime was saved today, but it wasn't LWA that did it.
Jan 8, 2017 11:02 PM

Sep 2015
ziggy_Z said:
HecticLeo said:

If it wasn't LWA, what else could it be?
Jan 8, 2017 11:08 PM

Jan 2015
Aah yes, it begin with that kind "fateful encounter" and then got "bullied" from some senior because she's not "the real deal". And after that, meet with their to-be partner an best friend. It also remind me of Soul Eater NOT and Mitsudomoe about the "trio friend-type" which is the energic person, the "nerd", and the "Rascal". LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jan 8, 2017 11:38 PM

Feb 2014
HecticLeo said:
ziggy_Z said:

If it wasn't LWA, what else could it be?

I'm guessing Silver Balls.
Jan 8, 2017 11:47 PM

Jul 2016
A delightful start of LWA, what a great time to be alive. I love the OP.
Jan 8, 2017 11:51 PM

Jun 2013
Damn I didn't know harry potter was an anime hahahah

been waiting for this forever
Jan 8, 2017 11:59 PM

May 2009
Imagine how butthurt is now ANN that they cover such popular anime in their reviews/rankings/etc due to retarded Netlfix policies.
Jan 9, 2017 12:02 AM

Apr 2013
Love it love it love it

Great first episode. Really have been waiting for the series.

Both the ova and the movie were fantastic
Jan 9, 2017 12:12 AM

Dec 2015
Absolutely perfect.
I had some seriously high hopes for this series and if episode 1 is anything to go by I won't be disappointed. Great animation, great music and charming characters. I'm so hyped to see the girls go on some magical adventures.
Jan 9, 2017 12:17 AM

May 2011
WHIMSY man, that's what i felt this ep
Jan 9, 2017 12:18 AM
Jul 2013
This is like female ver of harry potter. Loved it. The best show for me of this season ! Main character is pretty lively aided by two friends with different personalities. These three compliments each other well and have very high expectations. Havn't seen the movie yet, but will do it after finishing this.
Jan 9, 2017 12:20 AM

Nov 2014
Does this get better after the first 6 minutes?

I enjoyed the OVAs or movies or whatever they were but this felt slapstick and not enjoyable.
Jan 9, 2017 12:39 AM
Jan 2016
Choostopher said:
Does this get better after the first 6 minutes?

I enjoyed the OVAs or movies or whatever they were but this felt slapstick and not enjoyable.

Kind of, when the action happened it's better.
Jan 9, 2017 12:40 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
AotS is here~

Felt like a bit of a reboot from the first film but with quite a lot of changes thrown in and extended, which is probably a good idea. I'm still not sure what kind of overall story this TV-series is going to end up with but I'm honestly fine with just about anything I'd say
Jan 9, 2017 1:08 AM

Nov 2016
Very strong start. Worth the wait. Akko is definitely my favourite character. 8/10
Jan 9, 2017 1:38 AM

Oct 2013
This is fuckin 10/10. AOTS here bois
Jan 9, 2017 1:55 AM
Apr 2011
cjeffers469 said:
Bebopdesu said:
So I read this is a Netflix exclusive. Are there any other streams of it?
LittlepipCx said:
Does netflix have english subs on it? Or is it just japanese

im trying to find it too... i have gone on to the jp netflix cause apparently they are stimucast of it there but to no avail, yet. if a do find one or get way to watch it i will let you know

it is on netflix, I just watched it like 30 minutes ago. Funny thing is that I didn't even know it was there until I got a notification for my recommended shows.

also to answer your question, @LittlepipCx , they don't have english subs afaik, but they do have japanese subs you can turn on.
FononZeroJan 9, 2017 4:48 AM
Jan 9, 2017 2:02 AM

Jun 2014
Wow! This was incredible and beyond my initial expectations! It was super intense, funny and filled with life. I am so looking forward to 2 cours of this. The animation was also incredible!
:3
Jan 9, 2017 2:05 AM

Apr 2009
Sucy is back and is as devious as ever;). Expected the art to be down some but thats ok, it still looks good and the animation good. Some changes to like the rod part. Im expected a bunch of changes. Overall its a great start.
Jan 9, 2017 2:23 AM

May 2015
This is my first time in a new Trigger anime thread, and I have to say it's amusing how much people think Trigger is saving anime. Anyways, this episode was great! It captured the feel of the 2 previous installments in this series quite well. And like other people have said, the similarities to Harry Potter were very evident this episode. Maybe I could even use this show to get some of my friends who are Harry Potter fans into anime!
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Jan 9, 2017 3:02 AM

Aug 2013
Well that was unexpectedly enjoyable and this is coming from someone who hasn't watched either movie and is mainly checking this out because Trigger is on the label. It's definitely more fun than I previously anticipated but I can see Trigger is going for those meaningful subliminal messages as per their forte. Expecting great things from this anime so looking forward to coming weeks. It's definitely better than everything that has aired so far in this season which is a sigh of relief though the whole "Trigger saving anime" thing is kinda something that's like...okay just stop. Anywho 7/10
Don't believe the hype.
Jan 9, 2017 3:32 AM

Jan 2016
I'm guessing that a lot of people have noticed how similar this shows beginning and early plot is to that of Boku no Hero Academia, this in my opinion is great.
All the fools who go around hating on everything should stick to them eighties anime.

After all isn't that the golden age of TV anime.
Jan 9, 2017 3:37 AM

Aug 2015
Eve778 said:
This is my first time in a new Trigger anime thread, and I have to say it's amusing how much people think Trigger is saving anime. Anyways, this episode was great! It captured the feel of the 2 previous installments in this series quite well. And like other people have said, the similarities to Harry Potter were very evident this episode. Maybe I could even use this show to get some of my friends who are Harry Potter fans into anime!

It's either they're serious (including me) or just for meme purposes.
Jan 9, 2017 3:47 AM

Sep 2016
that was pretty boring, i would definitely enjoy this if i were 9 years old who still like watching typical afternoon kid anime
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 9, 2017 4:40 AM
Jun 2016
This will do while I wait for Boku no Hero Academia xD. Trigger saves anime and this is so cute! Feels like Harry Potter. So refreshing. Loved it. Sucy ended up in the academy by accident and became a student lol.
Mariecat1Jan 9, 2017 4:47 AM
Jan 9, 2017 4:50 AM

Apr 2015
The First Episode Was Amazing,The Animation Is Brilliant,The Opening Is Amazing.Waiting For The Next Episode! :)
Jan 9, 2017 5:23 AM

Feb 2015
I really loved the first episode, it was even better than I expected it to be. ;v; PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE let it continue being this good.
And haha, Sucy is kinda even more rude than in movie and OVA. I love her.

Jan 9, 2017 5:57 AM

Feb 2014
Pretty much my most anticipated show of the season and the first episode didn't disappoint at all. =)

Akko is outgoing and excited and I like that of her. Sadly, it seems that having a non-witch into the school seems to be looked down upon by the other students. Hopefully, Akko might be the person to change that negative opinion though.

Speaking of which, the school's strict rules and expulsion threat of arriving late makes it sound even crueller than Kill la Kill's Honnouji Academy was. ^^;

The quality of the animation and art was pretty nice, pretty much the same as the two movies were. Being a TV series now, it's going to be difficult to maintain the same quality throughout its run, but I hope Trigger can do their best at it. =)

The OP song was pretty sweet too. =)
Jan 9, 2017 6:13 AM

Oct 2010
Karlan said:
Nostalgik said:
What did you guys think of the way she found the Shiny Rod this time around? I feel like in the original episode it was more epic since she literally saved the academy itself from a giant dragon, but hey, I still liked it, and maybe Trigger is planning on doing something bigger about the rod.

In the original episode, she found the staff lying among other things in some storage. Here, the staff just popped out of nowhere in the wood. I may be just picky, but I liked the original episode more, since it made more sense to me. I mean, when it comes to the way she found the staff, the rest was quite okay.

At first i was thinking the same, but then i realized 1st episode is just prequel to OVAs. There is a chance that Akko is somehow going to lose Shiny Rod and find it back the same way as in the OVA... Right? I just hope so : )
Farm3rJan 9, 2017 6:22 AM
Jan 9, 2017 6:18 AM
Sep 2012
A great start to the series, the animation was great, especially the Charett magic show scene. Little Akko is adorable and we even see little Diana there to. So they did what I hope they would do, and start at the beginning at the first day of school.

Akko is great I love her, Lotte is adorable, and Sucy what can I say. She is hilarious but at the same time sometimes she is "the most evilest person in the world" LOL.

Interesting we just get to the entrance ceremony and not the first day of school. And our three witches are room mates. Next episode should be when we meet Diana and answer I question I have wondered, did Akko know each other since childhood or just happen to be at the show together and not really meet till now.

I wonder are they going to redo the OVA and the Parade movie like a lot of animes are doing lately. I think they have to redo the Parade, you can get away not remaking the OVA, but you remake Parade since that is when Akko and the others meet Amanda, Jasminka, and Constanze. We will see, but so far great start.
Jan 9, 2017 6:21 AM

Oct 2013
As someone who loves the 2 LWA OVAs a lot despite not being much of a Mahou Shoujo fan, I must I'm relieved that the first episode did not disappoint.
Trigger did a great job carrying the soul of LWA over to the TV adaption, and while the animation is not as great as in the OVAs (as expected), the action scenes were still nicely animated. Hopefully this will be the case throughout the show. Sure, there were some inconsitencies like the staff suddenly appearing in front of Akko for whatever reason, but eh, it was no biggie for me.

This show definitely has AOTS potential for me. Can't wait to see more.
Jan 9, 2017 6:37 AM

Jul 2016
First off, HOLY SHIT!! It's already OUT?!?! HOW? WHEN?

Second of all, the first episode blew me away. Starting off with the Silver Chariot show and keeping most of the core themes from the movie was a good touch.

But there was a hiccup, when Sucy (I nominate Best Girl of 2016-2017) reads about Arcturus forest, I thought this will be brought up in future episodes, but nope, we're already there. Couldn't this come up in later episodes.
But you know what, I don't mind. I like this hiccup, because it gave us the best chase scene to grace anime, and actually had the girls meet up and interact.THIS IS AWESOME BECAUSE
it's great, and it makes room for great character development.

Goddammit Studio Trigger, how are you going to 1-up this.
ONWARDS! Away from homework and on to more anime!!!
Jan 9, 2017 7:07 AM

Sep 2012
I was, uh, kind of expecting more (I didn't see the movie or anything, it's my first contact with this anime), but, well, I guess it will get better soon.
Jan 9, 2017 7:50 AM

Nov 2014
I was worried about this anime turning into a show, mainly for the reason that I thought the character expressions(facials expression and body gestures) would be sacrificed due to budget constraints that the two movies didn't have, but I was pleasantly surprised that it still felt like a Disney or a Ghibli movie with the various expression that the characters, or more precisely, Akkos' expressions and gestures.

This is one of the reasons why I liked the movies, and, why I also enjoy Ghibli movies; on top of all this, the [Little Witch Academia] movies knew how to be fun and ridiculous, which for this very first episode it was that, and, hopefully stay that way.

Other anime should, or other animators and directors should take cue how to make the character feel more vivid and human, so, that is one big plus on my side; cinematography was great and the music was also in place.
Jan 9, 2017 7:52 AM

Jun 2012
Very fun first episode, i call bullshit, that you sent invitation to newbie, without even mentioning how to get to school, but Harry Potter had that too :)
Jan 9, 2017 7:55 AM
Jan 2014
Awwww man! I want the second episode already!
Just like everyone else here, I get that Harry Potter vibe.
Jan 9, 2017 8:28 AM

Jun 2016
FUCK YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

TRIGGER SAVES ANIME ONCE AGAIN

jokes aside, the animation was great as usual and Sucy casting those spells was p fun too. I love Sucy
THE SMITHS ARE THE BEST BAND
Jan 9, 2017 8:37 AM

Oct 2015
Karlan said:
Nostalgik said:
What did you guys think of the way she found the Shiny Rod this time around? I feel like in the original episode it was more epic since she literally saved the academy itself from a giant dragon, but hey, I still liked it, and maybe Trigger is planning on doing something bigger about the rod.

In the original episode, she found the staff lying among other things in some storage. Here, the staff just popped out of nowhere in the wood. I may be just picky, but I liked the original episode more, since it made more sense to me. I mean, when it comes to the way she found the staff, the rest was quite okay.
Wow I'll be crossing my fingers for that to happen! It would make so much more sense and would end up being amazing :)
Farm3r said:
Karlan said:

At first i was thinking the same, but then i realized 1st episode is just prequel to OVAs. There is a chance that Akko is somehow going to lose Shiny Rod and find it back the same way as in the OVA... Right? I just hope so : )
I'll be crossing my fingers to that option! It would make everyone so happy since it would be a connection to the original episode and it would actually make more sense!
Jan 9, 2017 8:38 AM

Jun 2015
I'm overjoyed this got a TV series. I really enjoyed the movies. This a great first episode. I love the chemistry with the characters. The scenes with the giant rooster was funny xD
Jan 9, 2017 8:44 AM

Feb 2012
loving it already, so much fun.
Jan 9, 2017 8:46 AM

Aug 2015
It was a fun episofe,despite the notable drop in the quality (but it's ok because the ova and the movie were too beautiful and this anime is gonna be 25 episodes long).

Good start, hope they can maintain this level.
Jan 9, 2017 9:05 AM
Oct 2015
Anime. Is. S A V E D.

Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Are the OVA and Mahoujikake no Parade part of the canon?

JustSomeone15 - May 27

8 by AkiraMiyazaki17 »»
May 31, 4:44 AM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2017

160 by mineandcraft »»
May 25, 12:10 AM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2017

117 by JVskunkape »»
May 22, 4:43 AM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2017

152 by LFC123 »»
Mar 21, 1:12 AM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2017

310 by HoneyBees91 »»
Feb 28, 12:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.