Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 5, 2016 8:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah Kurumi vs. Koyori...
I have to admit, Koyori improved a lot and she shows it this episode. However, Koyori's will to fight is quite intense.

I think Koyori surprised everyone including herself though. The match was okay, didn't impress me as much as I had anticipated but had the feels. Kurumi is lucky to have a friend like Zakuro. Pretty sure she and Koyori are friends/rivals now too.
Dec 5, 2016 10:24 AM

Apr 2010
The match is over and the girls had a lot of fun which is the part that matters the most.
It was an interesting match the question however is what comes next.

From the looks of things both teams learned a great deal from each other.
Dec 5, 2016 11:33 AM

Feb 2008
Well the match is finally over and it's turn out that Koyori won against Kururi.
It really become a doki doki match.
Koyori made Kurumi into a normal girl.

True both learned from both side

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Dec 5, 2016 11:39 AM
Jul 2013
That sweet spot smash with the curve looks incredibly hard to return
Dec 5, 2016 11:42 AM

Jan 2015
Great episode, really liked it
XenocrisiDec 30, 2018 1:47 AM
Dec 5, 2016 11:49 AM

Aug 2014
Pretty great episode overall for me. Greatly enjoyed the match between Koyori and Kururi as well as it showing how Kururi tried to improve her spin mid match since Koyori had managed to counter it.

I actually didn't know which way this match was going go which made it pretty great overall

And holy shit, never expected the power of table tennis to make Kururi's eyes turn into normal eyes instead of dead inside psycho eyes
Get your shit straight Brenda
Dec 5, 2016 11:53 AM

Dec 2014
Very Good episode.

My only complaint is that I can't help but feel a little disappointed at how they rushed through the final match, Was hoping for a little more extensive coverage of the game. Nevertheless, I still really enjoyed the episode.

I always love watching Koyori play, There's just something about that pure doki-doki playstyle that's soothing and entertaining at the same time. Certain plays were really awesome especially when Koyori did the first return smash and the final play was epic even if it was a little over the top. Was really cool to see both her and Kururi evolve over the course of the game.

It was really funny how they teased the whole sweet spot thing as groping. xD

Kururui crying at the end was quite unexpectedly emotional for me, Really sweet scene with Zakuro hugging her.

Training camp next.
Dec 5, 2016 11:55 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I can't believe it took them all the way to the end of the final set to realize that they could just aim to the right of the table to make the curve ball hit its target instead of outside it. That was like the blatantly obvious counter play rather than having to hit this so-called sweet spot all the time. Oh and once again they just skipped over like 2 sets like it was nothing

Also I feel like I'll have gotten enough of this "heart racing" cliché to last a life time by the time this anime's over, good lord =___=

Like don't get me wrong, this anime's pretty fun and all, but it's just so... cringey :s
Dec 5, 2016 12:03 PM

Sep 2016
gonna bet my ass that some ex-member from ex-shitty fansub group are the one translating this whole series
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 5, 2016 12:27 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
BRO WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT LAST POINT?! That was some hype sakuga fest with Kuroko no Basket overload. O__o

Finally they showed that sakuga that i was expecting from the OP, it was all worth it.

Kururi shone so brightly this episode that she became my favourite character.
Dec 5, 2016 12:30 PM

Sep 2015

Koyori is playing with fire once again, thanks to that we saw Kururi with a normal smile !
Dec 5, 2016 12:46 PM

Apr 2011
Feels stupid I was so put off by this Anime originally because of the conflict between Koyori and Agari.
I am glad I skill continued since it is only getting better and better.

My other complaint was when somebody was in lead by quite a lot and then the opponent had a complete comeback, just not realtsic.
I feared this would happen in this episode but luckily, it didn't!

Very satisfiyng episode and I also teared up. I felt so bad for Kururi thinking she was only liked when she was winning and it was such a great moment when she was hugged by her friend and then bursted into tears.

Loved it!!

(On another note, also the music is pretty nice, really adds to the tension!)
Dec 5, 2016 12:46 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Koyori, nice match!!! ;)
Dec 5, 2016 12:48 PM

Aug 2013
I could watch it all over again just for the animation, it's perfect. And I really hope for second season.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 5, 2016 1:00 PM

May 2012
The doki-doki is contagious. Koyori spreading the doki-doki love. Kururi went from dead fish eyes, to having a shine in them.

That last point was the shit.

Pretty heartwarming end

Dec 5, 2016 1:21 PM

May 2010
I wonder if Koyori is ISFJ type (is studying MBTI types lately) And man is she ufaithful. Wants to dokidoki everyone (its joke☆)
I don't like most of the direction when it comes to Kururi's match. It's so shounen. But man, it got pretty cool later, even epic at some shots. Was a better match than I thought. Also, the yuri was sweet tho I wish Koyori won with a closer gap. But I guess that would be more cliche.
Dec 5, 2016 1:27 PM

Jun 2013
This was the best episode so far. I mean look at all that animation! This episode was short on still frames and had quite a lot of proper animation which is awesome. Kinema Citrus can do something pretty good if they try.

Koyori counters Zakuro's curve drives with strong smashes. Smashing is always the solution lol. And it got Zakuro to go doing-doki. Koyori didn't give up like Zakuro's previous victims and persisted and found a way to counter the move. And this caused Zakuro to stop the curve drives because she didn't want to see this perfect move be countered again and again. Wtf was up with that insanely impossible swing? In the end it was like Zakuro's shot took a trip around the hall before hitting the table lol. And Koyori returned it with an equally absurd fire smash lol. In the end, we got some life in the yandere's dead eyes.

The match was pretty intense and was made even better with that animation.
Dec 5, 2016 1:50 PM

Nov 2015
Quite fun episode. The match was amazing. Koyori improved a lot and Kururi was very good too.

Dec 5, 2016 1:51 PM

Sep 2009
I don't want this show to end
Dec 5, 2016 2:00 PM

Jun 2012
Honestly i didn't expect a win when the enemy was evolving in her technique, then our mc just evolved again in her style. Totally reminds me of the Dempsey roll evolution.

Im disgusted by the rating this anime got though, makes me wonder if ppl gone at least pass one episode.
Dec 5, 2016 2:29 PM

Jan 2016
HaXXspetten said:
I can't believe it took them all the way to the end of the final set to realize that they could just aim to the right of the table to make the curve ball hit its target instead of outside it. That was like the blatantly obvious counter play rather than having to hit this so-called sweet spot all the time. Oh and once again they just skipped over like 2 sets like it was nothing

Also I feel like I'll have gotten enough of this "heart racing" cliché to last a life time by the time this anime's over, good lord =___=

Like don't get me wrong, this anime's pretty fun and all, but it's just so... cringey :s

I'm with you on all this, i gave the episode a 5/5 but i am definitely with you.

silly air bender empowering the fire bender's flames, wait wrong anime. wait wrong anime.

Dec 5, 2016 2:42 PM

Dec 2013
what great about this anime is that all the shots are almost reall ping pong shots and the infos about rubbers and in this episode about the sweet spot are also real, of course they are more dramatic but it's anime after all.
AlhakamDec 5, 2016 4:15 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2016 2:59 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Xenocrisi said:
Great episode, really liked it.

The preview pretty much confirms my doubt, this is gonna be 2-cour
You sure? There are only 6 BD volumes listed as far as I can see at least:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/series/4753?term.media_format=bluray&page=1
http://www.fandompost.com/2016/10/27/avex-pictures-sets-shakunetsu-no-takkyuu-musume-anime-dvdbd-release-schedule/
https://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=cmt&id=63139#c416019

Says 12 eps there too
Dec 5, 2016 3:28 PM

Mar 2014
doki doki suru~kimochi iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii i cum
Dec 5, 2016 3:30 PM

Sep 2016
the last time i saw sweet spot in anime/manga, the court was destroyed

lol
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 5, 2016 3:32 PM

Dec 2013
DTUB said:
HaXXspetten said:

I'm with you on all this, i gave the episode a 5/5 but i am definitely with you.

silly air bender empowering the fire bender's flames, wait wrong anime. wait wrong anime.

The sweet spot is actually reall just google it.and as the most sport anime the player loses first then makes a come back later so nothing strange about that.
and the air bending and fire Are only to make the shot more dramatic for the viewer,not like they are really bending the air or making fire.
I know that she use the " heart racing " a lot but she is that type of player who get excited and play better when other player challenge her
And as we already know this anime is low badget they just can't animate 2 sets, ping pong is really fast sport ,this mean a lot and a lot of frams
And that is really expensive.
AlhakamDec 5, 2016 3:55 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2016 4:17 PM
Oct 2009
Xenocrisi said:

Only 6 BDs (2 eps each = 12 eps in total) are listed on someanithing+ it apparently sells even worse than things deemed dead saleswise + manga gained like no boosts from adaptation.

Buddy, we're in for "Two last uneventful eps" and "Tournament arc never ever"
Dec 5, 2016 4:37 PM

Dec 2014
In a way, I excuse some of the weird power shit, because the show's cast in it of themselves are weird. If the dumb actions in this show happened in say Haikyuu I'd get mad, but this show's tone makes the dumbness excusable, at least to me.

Still though, with 2 episodes left, I wonder how they'll close the show off. I doubt it'll get a sequel, so I hope the conclusion is at least somewhat satisfying.
Dec 5, 2016 6:13 PM

Jan 2013
OMG what an epic episode!
Good job girls, the first victory, much more to come ;)
#TeamKoyori
That ending xD Zakuro finally was happy.
So happy for their first victory.
Definitely one of the best animes of this season.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 5, 2016 7:22 PM

Sep 2008
I fucking LOVE this show. Table tennis girls, more like best girls ever the anime.
Dec 5, 2016 7:40 PM

Nov 2013
Really need to be a 2 cour anime but I guess it won't. Nice match. It's nice to see Kururi having friends who continue to support her regardless of win or lost. Her eyes are more lively now.
Dec 5, 2016 7:58 PM

Nov 2011
Koyori was able to clear Kurumi's cloudy eyes when it comes to table tennis. Great episode, I didn't think Koyori had a chance but the "TOKIDOKI" came through!

Great moment!!!^^^
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 5, 2016 7:59 PM

Aug 2014
Hype as fuck, doki or no doki. But yeah, what the fuck are they going to do with 2 episodes.
Sieg Zeon!
Dec 5, 2016 8:07 PM

Jan 2011
I was expecting a closer match.
Dec 5, 2016 9:19 PM

Aug 2012
loved the sound of the sweet spot hit being an actual Aluminum Bat hitting a baseball haha, once of my favorite Sounds, along with the sound of a wooden bat hitting a baseball...almost ASMR worthy.
Dec 5, 2016 9:32 PM

Oct 2012
Mmmmmm my heart went doki doki while watching the game, Koyori definitely looked like she was having a blast. By the end of the match those girls were definitely scorching with passion xD
Kururi had a pretty amazing game and I loved hearing her internal thoughts and seeing her develop through the game to the endpoint where her heart was racing.
That was one heck of a final epic curve drive by her, and you could really see her passion in the shot, I was especially a big fan of the moment when her hair came loose, really nice touch to finish off Kururi's match. Kururi looks hella cute with her hair out
Zakuro whaddya mean that's not true!? Her hair is godly and cute af when left out!
Ahhhh the ships are so cute and Kururi nice hair mmmmmmm
Ah her normal eyes are so cute holy shiiiiiiitake mushroom xD
Seems like the last two eps will be dedicated to buildup for the tournament and a training camp as well. Doesn't seem like they're planning a second season either... *cries*
Watching you play made my heart race too, I'll never forget you even when you never get a season 2 *cries*
Hnnnnng Kururi wtf why are you so cute but why did you put your hair back up!? xD
gust11Dec 5, 2016 9:58 PM
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Dec 5, 2016 9:34 PM
Oct 2016
Xenocrisi said:

Man I hope you're right, I really want to see more of them, see them reach the Nationals.
Dec 6, 2016 12:43 AM

Sep 2013
Pong to the Bewbs Watch Episode 10
Did the ping pong ball bounce off of Booby Boob Senpai's boobs?

Dec 6, 2016 1:14 AM

Aug 2013
Those yuri moments nngghhh.
Doki doki.. moge moge... doki doki.. katsu katsu.. doki doki everyone. XD
Crying and smiling Kururi is soooo cute and adorable.
That boob bouncing was phenomenal I tell you.

Either this goes for a two cour or end it with some random 2 filler training camp episode lol.
Dec 6, 2016 6:23 AM

Nov 2011
If the drawings were better in quality, I would have to say about anything, as a whole is more than adequate the episode. At times, the directorial cuts were very beautiful and the narrative has proved addictive. The soundtrack is always excellent. The final promo, is promising, I can not wait to follow the next episode. :)
Dec 6, 2016 7:40 AM

Aug 2015
Best episode for me this is one of the show that gets better every episode and deserve higher views and rating, though I thought Koyori will lose and then they'll meet again in the tournament. Well that's pretty fun and doki doki arc 5/5. I'm still hoping that it'll be more than 12 ep.
Dec 6, 2016 12:03 PM

Jun 2015
The Yuri was strong in this episode.

Dec 6, 2016 2:51 PM

Oct 2011
MANLY TEARS WERE SHED

5/5

"When the time is yours,
the future is waiting,
The person you become,
and the people you're creating.
"
Dec 6, 2016 5:17 PM

Nov 2011
For a moment I thought they'll go down to Kuroko shit tier powers, thankfully it's just for dramatic effect and there's no tornado.
Baby Steps 3, Ping Pong the Animation 2 and Syakunetsu Season 2 all needs to happen to save sports anime. Fights in the other sports like Haikyu are boring shounen narratives with no actual exciting sports actions. The fights here are actually doki -err exciting to watch, shame on those who dismissed this as another moeshit. Well still moeshit but better. Also thanks to the soundtracks accompanying the hype moments, as expected from MONACA. Yuri on Ice is fine too but not as good as the other three. Two of those are Table Tennis anime, maybe it is time for me to actually learn table tennis.
If you want to watch actually good shows nowadays, the best way is to just watch a lot, sadly. Relying on reviews/sales/popularity will make you miss actually good shows.
ernstDec 6, 2016 5:22 PM
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Dec 6, 2016 9:08 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Well that's game. Koyori wins because she found the sweet spot. And Kururi at the end. Losing points just to for a risky play that in the end Koyori returns and wins.

It was an enjoyable match nonetheless. Funny how the girls misunderstood the groping XD

Dec 7, 2016 7:56 AM

Jul 2014
This show will never grab me with its story or characters...

But that animation keeps me coming back. That was surprisingly awesome.
Dec 7, 2016 8:11 AM

Nov 2011
My AOTS now!!!!!!

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 7, 2016 7:41 PM

Jul 2015
Was wondering how she could counter that spin, as well as how she would react to it. Can safely say I was quite satisfied with the results. In fact, Koyori freaking had my heart racing with that final point. Kururi was an excellent opponent, though her constantly saying death kind of ruined her creepy vibe for me, she was still pretty awesome, and she finally got some life in those dead looking eyes of hers by the end. Very good episode.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Dec 8, 2016 12:44 AM

Dec 2009
...And Koyori gropes her racket's g-spot lolol.
The sweet spot would be the point that has the most resonating recoil, if i'm not mistaken it would have to be somewhere a bit forward of the centre. The stiffness of the handle end would offset it away a bit. (ps: i know absolutely zero about pingpong, just applying some physics)

What an episode. A really awesome build-up of energy and determination... A climb to an incredible exchange of insane hits. Kururi learned a lot.

It was inevitable Koyori would win; she's very intelligent, and very determined. That's what i call Medaka-level overpowered positivity.

Lelouch0202 said:
My only complaint is that I can't help but feel a little disappointed at how they rushed through the final match, Was hoping for a little more extensive coverage of the game. Nevertheless, I still really enjoyed the episode.
I'd say i'm more surprised at the fact that i didn't even care that it rushed and skipped things. I was so into it (same goes for all the other Koyori matches).

HaXXspetten said:
I wondered that too, why couldn't they just overcompensate... Aim to the right of where you want the ball to go. Seeing a real match where the ball is constantly curving outside the table and landing on it would be crazy though.

It's meant to be reference/pun comedy. Koyori is practically orgasming every match, and slutting it out with everyone LOL. I think you're just letting urself get dragged down by it; you need to work on your empathy lol. Koyori smiles a huge smile, i can't help but smile too. She wants to feel good, i'm good with that, everyone should want to feel good hahaha!

39dearMIKU said:
My other complaint was when somebody was in lead by quite a lot and then the opponent had a complete comeback, just not realtsic.
I can't speak for pingpong specifically, but any competitive match can take turns very quickly. It's never wise to think a match is decided, as that hubris gets you down. Kururi lost her composure and started whacking normal shots because Kururi defeated her trump card. Turns like this can happen in anything from martial arts to strategy games. Koyori literally outsmarted Kururi by preparing for a comeback, sacrificing rounds in order to develop a counterattack.

ernst said:
For a moment I thought they'll go down to Kuroko shit tier powers, thankfully it's just for dramatic effect and there's no tornado.
This anime takes after Saki. The effects are for visualizing what it feels like to the one experiencing it. Just like the scorpion tail in ep07
GenesisAriaDec 8, 2016 2:16 AM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Dec 8, 2016 3:08 AM

Jul 2009
Kurumi is amazing! But losing this game was good to her, coz it made her see that she have a lot of friends now and she doesn't need to give them anything.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2016

85 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Aug 30, 10:55 PM

Poll: » Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2016

117 by Shy »»
Jul 31, 5:45 AM

Poll: » Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2016

86 by Deazu »»
Aug 13, 2023 4:37 PM

Poll: » Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2016

67 by Deazu »»
Aug 12, 2023 3:06 PM

» This show is underrated

Friermiko - Jul 1, 2021

7 by VampireLord1024 »»
Jun 22, 2023 12:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.