Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 17, 2016 3:07 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Whoa, pretty tense chapter. The way that AFO taunts All Might and him retiring but I also like how All Might challenges his statements by stating that he has no future.

Looks like we're getting some Bakugou and Deku discussion about his quirk next time? This should be interesting, I hope.
Nov 17, 2016 5:25 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I'm very excited for the next chapter.....BakuGOAT is finally gonna talk about /that/
Nov 17, 2016 7:05 AM

Jun 2015
Damn cliffhanger at the end
I can't waaait
Nov 17, 2016 7:10 AM
Jul 2018
Uhh AM can't stop collecting death flags, isn't it? Wonder what AFO is planning tho.
Nov 17, 2016 7:13 AM
Sep 2012
What an intense chapter, All Might vs One of All, not with fists but with words. I kept thinking whenever he wants to, One of All can just bust out, now the only question when is he going to make his move.

No confirmation on Izuku and Tomura are related, darn. Maybe that is for down the line.

Nice to see that Izuku was able to lift about All Might's spirit and dam he needed it.

And looks like Katsuki is going to confront Izuku on his secrets, he knows OMG he knows. Maybe he will ask him why not tell his team mates, at least that is what I would tell Izuku, they should know, All Might told his close friends, what kind of a friends are you Deku if you keep this to your self, and the cat is out of the back the main villains they know, there is no "I have to keep them save by not telling them" BS excuse that I always hear in comics, which I thought BS excuse to begin with.
Nov 17, 2016 8:17 AM

Aug 2010
LMAO Horikoshi just loves grabbing us by the balls xD
Last week we get that cliffy
This week we get this one

Dat AM face and declaration was epic. I want to hear more about the Stain interview
Nov 17, 2016 8:34 AM

Sep 2014
Nice chapter.All for One taunts All Might about his future after his retirement as a hero and his inability to help others with the new waves of criminals,while Shigaraki is also after him and Midoriya.All Might states that nothing All for One says will happen and leaves the prison.Bakugou wants to talk with Midoriya.Next week we will have another interesting conversation.
Nov 17, 2016 8:54 AM

Sep 2013
All might talks to AF to tell him his motivation.
Bakugou wants to talk to deku now :O
Nov 17, 2016 9:53 AM

Oct 2014
I just wish the villains had better motivations, things like "I wanted to become the king of evil" just can't make me care. Ok, it's a typical shonen, but the heroes are so well-developed as characters and have so many relatable motivations that I start to feel something is lacking in the villains.

I like Shigaraki very much and this chapter gave me the hope to understand him and AFO
Nov 17, 2016 10:19 AM

Dec 2015
blfan said:
What an intense chapter, All Might vs One of All, not with fists but with words. I kept thinking whenever he wants to, One of All can just bust out, now the only question when is he going to make his move.

No confirmation on Izuku and Tomura are related, darn. Maybe that is for down the line.

Nice to see that Izuku was able to lift about All Might's spirit and dam he needed it.

And looks like Katsuki is going to confront Izuku on his secrets, he knows OMG he knows. Maybe he will ask him why not tell his team mates, at least that is what I would tell Izuku, they should know, All Might told his close friends, what kind of a friends are you Deku if you keep this to your self, and the cat is out of the back the main villains they know, there is no "I have to keep them save by not telling them" BS excuse that I always hear in comics, which I thought BS excuse to begin with.

It's not about just that though. The fact that Midoriya inherited his quirk from All Might would not only tarnish AM's image as a former symbol of Peace, it would make everything even more dangerous for Izuku if Bakugou one day decides to open his mouth. Bakugou is not someone to be trusted, even hell there might not be someone close enough to disclose such a delicate information to anyone, especially in this situation of doubt and anxiety among people.
And it's not like Izuku has anything to do for Bakugou anymore. He never had to begin with since they never were friends anyways.
Nov 17, 2016 11:55 AM
May 2016
damn this chapter was good
this is the first time a manga managed to keep me on the edge of my seat by just making two characters talk to each other

all might smiling face after deku told him he got his hero licence made me so freaking happy it shows how proud all might is of deku

next week the truth is probably gonna be revealed to bakugou
Nov 17, 2016 1:46 PM
Nov 2016
KonoYume said:
blfan said:

It's not about just that though. The fact that Midoriya inherited his quirk from All Might would not only tarnish AM's image as a former symbol of Peace, it would make everything even more dangerous for Izuku if Bakugou one day decides to open his mouth. Bakugou is not someone to be trusted, even hell there might not be someone close enough to disclose such a delicate information to anyone, especially in this situation of doubt and anxiety among people.
And it's not like Izuku has anything to do for Bakugou anymore. He never had to begin with since they never were friends anyways.

I have to disaggree with you here.
Bakugou is known for being a huge ass, but is also pretty damn intelligent.
Notice how in the last panel, he is perfectly calm.

I think he (obviously) discovered what Deku's quirck is all about.
But more importantly, he understood that this subject was to be held with the utmost attention. Hence, being really brief while speaking to Deku and telling him to go outside to /talk/ about it.
(I don't think he will be the one who will spill the beans, neither do I think their talk will turn into a fight)

Though, I think there will be another type of problem. Someone else (maybe form class A) will be listening. And from there, the danger will come.

PS : And to say I created an account just for this discussion. x)
Nov 17, 2016 2:16 PM

May 2016
Bakugo's face in the last panel, he almost looks somewhat depressed, hmm...

I'm kind of speculating that Bakugo knows, and that he is jealous that Izuku inherited AM's quirk, not him.
Nov 17, 2016 2:22 PM

Dec 2013
The conversation with All Might and AFO was fairly interesting.

Let's see what Bakugou has to say.
Nov 17, 2016 2:32 PM

Aug 2013
forget about the Shiragaki, Deku's secret is in danger now!
Just keep your nose out of Deku, you Sharpie Noble Beast!

Nov 17, 2016 2:45 PM

Mar 2014
I'm so glad that All Might didn't die back then. His retirement development is so interesting right now. I hope he stays alive for the rest of the series.
Nov 17, 2016 5:00 PM

Dec 2015
Ajax94100 said:
KonoYume said:

But more importantly, he understood that this subject was to be held with the utmost attention. Hence, being really brief while speaking to Deku and telling him to go outside to /talk/ about it.
(I don't think he will be the one who will spill the beans, neither do I think their talk will turn into a fight)

Though, I think there will be another type of problem. Someone else (maybe form class A) will be listening. And from there, the danger will come.

Pretty damn intelligent? Lol not really though but if you want to defend him sure...

What Midoriya has to do if Bakugou knows it is to either disconfirm, not say anything or outright lie (which is something that might happen) . He can't make the same mistake again.
Nov 17, 2016 5:07 PM

Dec 2015
The Chapter Cover!
"Noble beast" what a way to describe bakugou
HAHA! but I still don't think noble + bakugou is a good mix

I really want All might to get through all this! but there's just too many death flags!
So adorable to see Deku's text to All might.

Wow, Bakugou is so calm and compose, don't know if I should be scared or what
I'm just hoping he'll be rational about it all.
That last panel sure is exciting!
and I feel like Horikoshi draws bakugou more beautifully now, cause he's getting attractive this days.
QueenSapphireNov 17, 2016 5:39 PM
Nov 17, 2016 6:46 PM

Dec 2012
Woah that was an interesting chat with All for One.
The intensity of it all. All Might not about to die yet with those eyes.

Bakugou wants to chat with Deku about his quirk.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Nov 18, 2016 1:47 AM

Aug 2013
KonoYume said:
Ajax94100 said:

Pretty damn intelligent? Lol not really though but if you want to defend him sure...

What Midoriya has to do if Bakugou knows it is to either disconfirm, not say anything or outright lie (which is something that might happen) . He can't make the same mistake again.

Saying Bakugou is neither trustworthy nor intelligent means you haven't payed attention to his character at all this entire series.

He's got the third best grades in the class, really clever in battle, and is the only non-villain to put two and two together when it comes to All Might and Deku. He's careful to not injure teammates with his explosions in a fight (even in his direct fight with Deku early on in the battle training he had no intention of seriously injuring him), when he was captured by the villains he was never even close to considering joining their side or cooperating in any way, and alongside Deku he's one of the most influential people in the class. He's arrogant, prideful, and angry, but he's definitely not untrustworthy or unintelligent.
Nov 18, 2016 1:53 AM

Mar 2014
It'd be better for the story if AFO didn't escape.
Nov 18, 2016 1:57 AM

Dec 2014
Great chapter.

The conversation between AFO and All Might was really intense.
I wonder if there's more to AFO's reasoning than just wanting to be pure evil, He had power yes but there has to be something that made those evil intentions surface. Just like how All Might felt that there needed to be a symbol of peace in society there has to be something that made AFO click. I'll look forward to the complete backstory regarding AFO and All Might one day.

Damn AFO new how everything was gonna turn out when he got All Might to retire, Interesting to note that he actually felt he lost to All Might to the point he decided to entrust his ideals to Shigaraki.

That declaration by All Might that he wouldn't die and he'd never let AFO's visions become reality was so epic man. I got chills. Horikoshi always draws All Might as epic as possible. xD

Deku sending All Might that picture of his license was really sweet, Glad it cheered up All Might, I couldn't help but smile too.

Bakugou's confrontation. :O
Nov 18, 2016 3:51 AM

Mar 2015
great chapter.. the whole about AFO and AM was intense as fuck... AM really can't take a break even after his retiring... however, some good point being bring up... society aniexity and dependency for AM... really have bad flag here...

and that time when AM defend midoriya and the massage, sweet...

i have really high doubt bakugou will done something actually harmful At this poitn.. however, if it does happened, it would be such a shame...
KumaNov 18, 2016 3:55 AM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 19, 2016 12:22 AM

Jan 2008
Interessing conversation between AFO and All Might. We have so many death flags for All Might now, but he will keep on living!

Now to a conversation between Deku and Bakugou about Deku's quirk
Nov 19, 2016 9:28 AM

Jul 2012
I wonder if there's a death penalty for villains like AFO. Keeping him alive seems kind of dangerous.
Nov 19, 2016 4:02 PM
Nov 2016
What AFO said on page 15 bothers me more than it should.
*laughs* "The rest of my life, huh..."

Does that mean he thinks his life will be short? Or, will he be able to escape?

Moreover, I am pretty much interested on how Tsukauchi's interview on Stain went.

The suspense is killing me! :D
Ajax94100Nov 19, 2016 4:08 PM
Nov 19, 2016 7:30 PM
Jan 2014
Barion-Zara said:
LMAO Horikoshi just loves grabbing us by the balls xD
Last week we get that cliffy
This week we get this one

Dat AM face and declaration was epic. I want to hear more about the Stain interview

Ajax94100 said:
What AFO said on page 15 bothers me more than it should.
*laughs* "The rest of my life, huh..."

Does that mean he thinks his life will be short? Or, will he be able to escape?

Moreover, I am pretty much interested on how Tsukauchi's interview on Stain went.

The suspense is killing me! :D

Meeting with Stain never happened.

The line is "dou su-" (dou suru, cut off. that implies "What do you want to do about having a meeting with Stain...?")
It's not "How did it go?" which would be "dou datta?" or "dou desita?"

Full line is basically, "I couldn't get it together to have a meeting with Stain, given all the procedures and paperwork. What do you want to do about that...?"

Just another misstranslation from Mangastream.
Nov 20, 2016 4:24 AM

Dec 2015
Shradow115 said:
KonoYume said:

Saying Bakugou is neither trustworthy nor intelligent means you haven't payed attention to his character at all this entire series.

He's got the third best grades in the class, really clever in battle, and is the only non-villain to put two and two together when it comes to All Might and Deku. He's careful to not injure teammates with his explosions in a fight (even in his direct fight with Deku early on in the battle training he had no intention of seriously injuring him), when he was captured by the villains he was never even close to considering joining their side or cooperating in any way, and alongside Deku he's one of the most influential people in the class. He's arrogant, prideful, and angry, but he's definitely not untrustworthy or unintelligent.

Coming from the fact Bakugou never considered Midoriya as a friend, that fact alone doesnt really make him that trustworthy imo. Maybe he changed though we'll see.
You're giving him way too much credit on the intelligence part, sure he's physically skilled with his quirk but what I mean is the intellectual part of intelligence. It's not like you have to be Sherlock to connect the dots on the origin of Midoriya's power. The latter pretty much gave it away unfortunately.

Even if he was trustworthy, Midoriya should not confirm what Bakugou will say, and even disclose it to a close friend like Iida.
Dec 8, 2016 6:35 PM

Dec 2013
Uhhh, Bakugou isn't screaming. I'M SURPRISED. -.-
Jan 3, 2017 7:42 AM

May 2016
Despite living under a maximum-security rock, All For One still managed to guess the exact situation and taunt All Might because of it. Still a clever bastard even if a mere oxygen tube separates his life from death. Tartarus being the prison of the once mighty Titans that battled against the gods of the Greeks makes the name pretty darn appropriate.

Good thing Midoriya-shonen is around to brighten up All Might's day~

Bakugo knows too much... Time to talk him out of it!

Aug 3, 2017 6:46 AM

Feb 2013
I was expecting the story of their fight, too bad we didn't get it.
Let's see if Bakugou really learned Deku's secret.
Oct 3, 2019 10:04 AM
Dec 2016
KonoYume said:
Shradow115 said:

Coming from the fact Bakugou never considered Midoriya as a friend, that fact alone doesnt really make him that trustworthy imo. Maybe he changed though we'll see.
You're giving him way too much credit on the intelligence part, sure he's physically skilled with his quirk but what I mean is the intellectual part of intelligence. It's not like you have to be Sherlock to connect the dots on the origin of Midoriya's power. The latter pretty much gave it away unfortunately.

Even if he was trustworthy, Midoriya should not confirm what Bakugou will say, and even disclose it to a close friend like Iida.

What exactly does him not considering midoriya a friend have to do with anything? That’s has no relevance to his intelligence or trustworthiness. And again number 3 in the class in grades behind only Momo and ida he beat deku in grades. And no one else (besides all for one) has figured out where deku’s power came from. Yes deku gave him a hint earlier on but that still doesn’t change the facts that he figured it out and no one else did
Mar 8, 2022 5:35 AM

Feb 2021
AFO seems way too chill.

Bakugou has finally connected the dots and figured out about OFA?
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
"Everything I've witnessed... This whole system you have built has always rejected me. Now I'm ready to reject it. That's why I destroy. That's why I took this power for myself. Simple enough, yeah? I don't care if you don't understand... That's what makes us... Heroes and Villains."
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
Aug 15, 2022 6:13 PM
Community Mod
Entranced

Mar 2022
All For One is interesting. He's definitely not out of the story yet.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 391 Discussion

deg - Jun 14, 2023

37 by KoniginElle »»
8 hours ago

» When will the chapter count be updated?

Ellenwitch - Yesterday

3 by AriLumani »»
Today, 6:22 AM

» question about the ending

asdewqw3erfgt - Aug 29

17 by MalyRBT »»
Yesterday, 3:20 PM

» 👑 Boku no Hero Academia Character Ranking 👑 ( 1 2 )

nirererin - Sep 5

70 by UberBat »»
Yesterday, 4:29 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 390 Discussion

Kuma - Jun 1, 2023

36 by KoniginElle »»
Sep 14, 3:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.