Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Apr 22, 2016 10:54 AM
Sep 2012
I want to see the Police Officer's face when he finds out that he detained Itami... who outranks him by a whole lifetime
Apr 22, 2016 11:18 PM

Apr 2013
Interesting.....I guess time to buy the manga.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Apr 25, 2016 8:31 PM

Nov 2012
Just finished watching the whole two seasons within a span of like 3-4 days... I want more =(
Apr 29, 2016 2:35 AM

Mar 2012
Today, Itami has learned that one does not simply escape the harem.

They brought back the first OP as the ED for this episode :D Just reminds me how much I missed it this season ;_; Not to mention we don't know how long the wait will be for another season :(

As for the episode, the only thing that really bugged me was the random forced romance at the end. Bozes pregnant? Yanagida and the bitch that stabbed him are in a relationship??? Like what the hell was that all about? The only ones that were expected were the obsessed loli x sugawara and the female knight with purple hair x Kengun (or at least I think that's his name). Other than that, good episode. Also, surprised at how much the emperor has changed for the better. Guess he was just corrupted by power but he doesn't seem like a fool.

Anyways, was a pretty nice ride like the first season. Definitely looking forward to a third season whenever it comes out.
May 7, 2016 12:15 AM

Jan 2014
May 10, 2016 8:22 AM

Apr 2011
I"m a bit surprise that beautiful Boze wasn't only dating but pregnant as well. Them shippings though. Itami can't get away with the trio easily. I agree shipping him with Kuribayashi, but the others won't stay silent. I guess he has to take them too.

It was a great ride. Too bad Tyuule and Zolzal still lived.
May 15, 2016 7:43 PM

Jan 2011
Civil war - so who's said are they on, Cap' or Stark?

Anyways, seeing how Rory et all are already taking sides, why not just have them take out Zolzal? Rory could probably storm the palace alone, and Zolzal isn't even hiding behind all those guards and walls anymore. With the Emperor recovered and offically crowning Pina, a lot of guards probably also switched to Pina.

Though if they wait long enough, Tyuule will kill Zolzal for them. She did take out a lot on the empire as a whole, but i don't think she's done. She's wondering now why she feels empty etc., but soon she will set her eyes on Zolzal. He is the one who crushed her people, and who held her as a slave. Only after that she will probably accept that while she "needed" revenge, it doesn't bring her people back or anything.
May 17, 2016 4:40 PM
May 2016
why rory, tuka and lelei didn't bring the dark elf yao to the other side when they came to itami… isn't she one of his harem too?
Jun 1, 2016 10:55 AM
Jul 2009
Why was this such bullsh*t seriously? Why?
Somebody find me a memory wipe please so I can wipe this excuse for an anime from my brain, I had expectations that it would be better than Gunka no Baltzar, should have figured it was gonna be 12 year old chuunibyou bs the moment I saw a goth loli...
criverJun 1, 2016 11:16 AM
KRKodama said:

When you want to defend a point you have to use your own words only, for it to be valid.
Jun 6, 2016 1:51 AM
Apr 2013
So most of the sargents and commanders got their dream girls from the gate, EH? ;^)

THAT WAS CUTE, DAWWHH. Seeing the knights with their guys and EVEN THE ASSASSIN WITH YANAGIDA.

Great series though. The plot was beautiful, heartwarming scenes and breathtaking skirmishes/fights, amazing overall. The plot twists and multiple subplots made it incredibly interesting.

BUT THE STORY ISN'T OVER YET, IS IT? ZORZAL IS STILL ALIVE, AND WE NEED TO SEE THE CIVIL WAR BETWEEN THE NEW EMPIRE AND HIS.

But luckily, Pina was able to get her queenship from her father. Should be stable for now.

BUT ITAMI GOES TO HIS DOUJIN CONVENTION WITH HIS THREE GRILLS, GETS ARRESTED, AND ENDS UP WITH NOTHING. AWWW.

AMAZING SERIES OVERALL.

11/10. Hoping for a season 3.
Jun 8, 2016 10:04 AM

Dec 2012
I don't know which season I preferred, but t this was a great ending with the good amount of action and ships. They even rescue the old emperor :).

Rory best girl, she deserves more screen time !
Jun 10, 2016 6:02 AM

Dec 2008
All the man wanted was his doujin...BUT WOW!!! THat one blond knight is preggers already?!@ BANZAI!!!
Jun 10, 2016 11:38 PM

Jun 2014
I was a bit salty about too less Rory screen-time in S2, but overall, a great consistency in performance. Would love to see it get a third season.

Fuck you, Zolzal!!!!!! Oh and you too warrior bunny.
Jun 26, 2016 12:21 PM

Sep 2010
Hurray the good guys won and the bad guys lost. None of the main cast died.

Yea... well it was never that kind of show to being with. We never expected much of seriousness or realism in here. The only realistic thing is that yea... tanks and guns are better than swords and bows.

In general scheme the Empire problem finally ended. Sure there is still prince faction but generally if needed to they can be easily wiped out. But other than that there was not much plot progression in general.

The one important point that was mentioned and never reflected on was the history of the world and appearance of the GATE. The story of grandma was pretty much the most important thing mentioned in the second season and that is, the GATE opened multiple times in the past connecting to various worlds... maybe even EARTH given that there are humans. Still the important point is that the gate also closed every time which means that the connection with the EARTH will eventually be cut off?

Why is no one worried that it will happen tomorrow and everyone from EARTH will be trapped on the other side with no means of return?

I really hope that the show will eventually get to that and also that it won't happen suddenly but the characters will have a choice "Should I stay or should I go?"

Gate closing is rather good ending for a series I think... but how much of other stories this show can produce I don't know...

All in all, while I did put it on hold during the season the anime was coming out, now watching it in one go surely was a nice experience and at this point in time I really would want to see where the series will go now seeing that the main political conflict is gone. Sure they can continue on picking up the details but I would want to see something else next time... should the next time come.
Jun 30, 2016 3:28 PM
Aug 2014
Liked this show very much, although i would have preferred if the harem aspects were swapped out with romance and a main girl and if the plot armor would have been dropped.

I mean seriously, after that attack on the civilians did even a single SDF die?
Even the guy that was stabbed and the warrior bunny survived (and he emptied a whole fucking clip close range into her)
I also totally missed that the emperor survived, i thought he was poisoned and died?

But the biggest problem of the show was the over-the-top difference in competence between empire and SDF. The whole premise of modern military vs medieval fantasy magic was a lot more fun than i initially expected.
I expected a few turns here and there though.
Empire ambushing with bow and arrow? Guerilla tactics, retrieving the boomsticks of the enemies and using those against the enemy? Deploy wizards, because they are fucking op (as we saw in that last fight Rory&Lelei vs Golem)?
In the first fight at the gate they were running into MG-fire with their shields up and got holed. Did they learn anything from that? Hell no, second last episode and they send their people nicely piled up running into the MG-fire "maybe this time holding up the shields will work? oh damn no i got holes all over my stomach"

This op'nes of the SDF was fun i guess, but it would have been definetely more exciting if they were able to fight back here and there.

Question for readers of the source material: is there more or does the original story end at this point too? Is it worth to pick up?
Jul 4, 2016 6:31 PM
May 2016
the douchebag Zorzal and his asshole father get off easy. Least Ramsay got feed on by his dogs. Spoiler from game of throne. I hate it when rapist walk free from their crime especially in anime. The douchebag Emperor didn't imprison for his war crime?! What the fuck!?
AceofcardJul 5, 2016 2:48 PM
Jul 5, 2016 2:52 PM
May 2016
AssassinWolfXE said:
I was a bit salty about too less Rory screen-time in S2, but overall, a great consistency in performance. Would love to see it get a third season.

Fuck you, Zolzal!!!!!! Oh and you too warrior bunny.
He and his father get off easy for their crime. i want see that rapist piece of shit die from slow painful death
Jul 12, 2016 12:23 PM

Apr 2009
Back to being an otaku...three-fourths of content was OK, the ending was meh. Overall 7/10 for the entire series.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jul 13, 2016 11:06 AM

Jan 2014
Latest episodes were so good, intense. I'll miss this show...

There's so much happening at the same time, which makes a little bit hard to fallow sometimes, tho.

I love Rose Knights, especially Princess. She's cute and clever, at least compared to others. My favorite character from the series :)

And there I shipped Pina x Itami. RIP T.T
TapuTapuuJul 13, 2016 11:28 AM
Jul 13, 2016 6:50 PM
May 2016
tofei said:
Back to being an otaku...three-fourths of content was OK, the ending was meh. Overall 7/10 for the entire series.
It's was meh because villains are pushover. Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite is not Stargate of anime. The Stargate villains pose threat Goa'uld to Replicator
Aug 7, 2016 6:03 PM

Apr 2014
The poor guy just wanted his doujinshi! I enjoyed the part with all the pairings near the end of the episode; so which one will Itami pick? S3 incoming?
---------My Profile------------
Aug 10, 2016 10:03 PM

May 2014
So....I'm really confused with the Emperor's sudden attitude change...I mean...He was like a condescending ass in the first season and the first-half of the 2nd up until he was poisoned and then when they finally rescued him he's all fatherly and supportive?...also with Tyuule..I get the "revenge doesn't get you anywhere" cliche and it feels like Tyuule has a very high chance of having a change of heart in season 3 (if there will be a season 3) but making Zolzal the crazy main villain at the end is a letdown (because Zolzal fits the puppet role superbly and Tyuule would've been a good main antagonist rather than that whiny prince)... Haven't been up-to-date with the light novel so maybe I'm jumping the gun here but translations are hard to come-by so I hope which ever comes first (Season 3 or completely translated light novels) would help me clear this up.
Aug 19, 2016 7:37 PM
Jun 2015
The bad emperor who became a nice guy
The raped bunny who bacame the evil antagonist
The idiot prince raper who became a leader of rapers
The little girl who wants to marry a man who is eventually not a lolicon (:))
The Pina princess who got raped in jail by her bro's soldiers
The Pina princess in the cell where the antagonist lived
The bunny who wants to kill the prince but need first to make the heroes life so uneasy to make them angry to kill the prince even if she can easily command a minion to kill him
Com'n i give it 7/10 ( i was about to give it 3/10 ) just because of the dragon's head
Aug 27, 2016 3:15 AM

Jul 2013
What!? Tomita's been dating Bozes all this time? And he even got her pregnant? That was fast! hehe the sneaky bastard. Also, isn't it weird seeing Yanagida and Delilah together after what's happened to them? I still remember how Delilah stabbed Yanagida on the side and then he showered her with bullets yelling "damn! damn! damn!" lol!

Dammit I badly want to see Zolzal dead but the show ended with Pina as empress and Itami got arrested so it's all good I guess. haha.

Awesome show definitely will miss this.

Sep 4, 2016 11:41 AM
Dec 2014
I was a little disappointing with the ending... all in all, it was a very good show, 7/10 overall, and the story was very good, but I was a little annoyed that they set up the series to have a civil war, AKA, an entirely new arc, only to have it end. Also, poor Itami, he just wants to buy his Doujinshi
Sep 18, 2016 2:48 AM

Jul 2008
What kind of stupid ending is this?
If SDF were able to invade the Throne room, they would have shot the fucking douche-bag price and ended the goddamn war by appointing the naive princess as the empress.
Sep 22, 2016 12:27 AM

Oct 2015
Avok said:
4/10.

Not going to bother with the possible third season.

Hmm they gave it a really low score compared to everyone else, let me take a peak at their list

>Boruto and OPM 8/10

EVERY SINGLE TIME
Sep 22, 2016 8:31 AM

Sep 2013
EvilJagan said:
Avok said:
4/10.

Not going to bother with the possible third season.

Hmm they gave it a really low score compared to everyone else, let me take a peak at their list

>Boruto and OPM 8/10

EVERY SINGLE TIME

le naruto and opm hating meme xd.
How about no?

Gate sucks. It has a great concept but it's execution is below shit, and if you can't see that then I'm sorry.

What could have been an epic about the clash between civilisations turned out to be a waifu fest topped with muh Nippon nationalism.
Sep 27, 2016 7:20 AM

Jan 2013
Rory is so cute :D
Hmm, I actually thought the Emperor died because of the poison, seems he was still alive.

Lmao everyone got together, Suguwara better behave with Sherry.

Finally peace between the Empire and Japan.
Lmao, poor Itami at the end still couldn't buy his Doujinshi.

I gotta say, going into the show I didn't have that much hope ...
Second episode already got me hooked and the story was actually pretty good.
Most of the characters added something to the story, hell we even got a bit of backstory on Itami.
Animation / Art was solid, especially the characters all had their own style.

The second season felt more action packed and I liked it a bit more than season 1.
9/10!
Oct 1, 2016 6:46 AM

Mar 2016
The romance makes me feel super conflicted because when the time comes for the Gate to close what will happen? But Tomita getting Bozes pregnant was super surprising, they haven't even been going out for long lol

It was great seeing Itami's team back in action again they didn't appear as much in this season.

Poor Itami, couldn't get any doujinshi again. But this show really grew on me, really enjoyed it.
Oct 22, 2016 3:24 AM

Nov 2009
Wow, apparently you can show the birth of a puppet government in a positive light.

Nov 5, 2016 8:27 AM

May 2016
This was entertaining, but the level of propaganda was so over the top... I can't rate this show.
Nov 15, 2016 8:16 AM

Apr 2016
What a sad ending, poor Itami couldn't get a single doujinshi... (o.o)

Anyways, the show was superb fun, I had tons of laughs and just saying, Rory is by far the best gal! :D
Dec 23, 2016 2:17 AM

Dec 2012
Youji stating his motto after his Saitama look.

Loved Kuribayashi's face when Youji mentioned beating Zorzal's ass.

LMAO at Youji pulling the cart.

Youji and co. showing up in badass fashion.

Did Rory just freeze in mid-air?

Dumbass Zorzal.

LMAO at Rory sitting next to Youji. I ship it.

King finally woke up.

BOZES!!!!!

Pina finally got crowned.

Wait...why are Bozes and Tomita so close. Please don't...

Tomita: I've been dating Bozes since I went back to Japan.

Me:

Bozes: I couldn't say it until now, but I'm pregnant.

Me:(Image too big)

Oh, shit. Kengun and Beefeater really happening. LMAO at Kengun saying they'll get over the language barrier.

Wait...Delilah and Yanagida? NOOOOOO! She's only taking care of him until he heals because she stabbed him, right? Right? RIGHT?

LMAO at everyone's reaction, especially Kurata, to Sugawara and Sherry. He's really got the 12 year old pussy....cat. *salute*

Can't believe my waifu's were taken from me. This is BS.

LMAO at Youji skipping out on Pina's coronation for doujinshi like a BOSS!

Yes! Rory's back. I love the crowd yelling her name.

LMAO at Risa singing the MeiCom song. ~Ima sugu...MeiKon! MeiKon! ba fue hue~

They played the 1st OP. Nice.

And that was the end of Gate(for now because I want more). What a great watch because it had a relatable MC. Rory is waifu and best girl. I hope Youji ends up with her because it needs to happen. Definitely going to read the manga one day when its close to being completed.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 17, 2017 12:56 PM

Mar 2010
It ended in the middle of the Reestablishment of the kingdom, Funny seeing Itami really give more shits about anime than Pina.. Though I can't blame him XD I really would have like to see the other relationships and how they turned out.

This didn't end in a flashy way.. I Really hope they make a continuation.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 31, 2017 8:46 PM

Jan 2012
Lol some posts on this thread , all he wanted is getting a doujin .

6/10 in overall

Feb 24, 2017 3:04 AM

Oct 2015
This anime had a bad story line and boring for me. I went to season 2 hoping for improvement but ahh still no response. So what about Zorzal and Tyuule are they gonna get away with. No season 3 for me because i endured it because of Rory.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Feb 27, 2017 7:45 AM
Aug 2014
So even after a year not a single weapon has fallen into the hands of the empire? How is that even possible. Would've been quite a twist if after that incredibly easy rescue mission Zorzal personal guard suddenly pulled out rifles and moved down most of the rescuers.
Apr 1, 2017 1:33 AM

Sep 2012
Why does it have to be so short. It feels like I just started this series yesterday. Oh wait, I did. Why did I have to watch this so quickly? It is so good.
Apr 28, 2017 10:30 PM

Jan 2011
Time to try and find the light novel and begin reading. I like the ships that were revealed, but it looks like they took a few shortcuts to move them forward and thus we didn't necessarily get the storyline to support them.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

May 18, 2017 10:40 PM

Nov 2013
Gotta love when 21st century goes to war with the Bronze Age. It was fun!
Jul 5, 2017 12:47 AM
Jan 2015
7.7/10
kinda expect the pairing
but , Yanagida too ??
poor trolling dude finally get some happiness

and it seems the ending is different from novel ?
I know he is itami , but did he really go to doujinshi at novel ?
guess I should read it
Jul 5, 2017 12:47 AM
Jan 2015
7.7/10
kinda expect the pairing
but , Yanagida too ??
poor trolling dude finally get some happiness

and it seems the ending is different from novel ?
I know he is itami , but did he really go to doujinshi at novel ?
guess I should read it
Sep 19, 2017 10:13 AM

Nov 2011
Was never sure what the creator was going for with this whole series, seeing Middle age solders trying to block bullets with shields was cringy, the politics was really good at some places but it went back to Mediocre, there was a lot of potential to use Tyuule as some mastermind pulling the strings, but never happened. 6.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Nov 25, 2017 11:45 AM

Sep 2012
oh the ships that sailed XD
i haven't seen yet a anime that season ends with so meany couples XD

to bad Yao didn't went to JAP
kronopy said:
ahmadp said:
Did anyone else notice how fat pina got?

Can't be unseen O_O

Back on the topic:

It was a great anime and I am sad to see it ending. The end is also very good, and it would be very satisfying if I didn't knew that there is more material and this is where it ends. I am hoping for a new season. Until then there is still manga, but it feels really different.

maybe Itami knocked her off XD

i bet its animation error

DatRandomDude said:
YOU GET A WAIFU

AND YOU GET A WAIFU

AND YOU GET A WAIFU

EVERYBODY GETS A WAIFU

that's a huge win for this season
Sugram22Nov 25, 2017 11:55 AM
Dec 11, 2017 12:58 PM
Nov 2017
wiil be another season?
Dec 12, 2017 11:59 AM
Feb 2009
Batmanvs said:
wiil be another season?

seems like not very likely
Feb 12, 2018 12:36 PM

Jun 2013
Nipon iz numba wan is basically this anime all about lmao. One more thing, I'll be super mad if the slut bunny gets changed of heart. Bitch deserves slow and painful death.
Mar 10, 2018 7:57 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Lol, seems like there wa alot of flirting around while on the backstage, and even Bozes got pregnant!!

Overall I did like S2 more than S1, the conclusion was nicely handed, which adding to the strong points of S1, and a more proper storyline now really made S2 a bit better.

8.6/10 = 9

Really solid series, dunno if a S3 will come out, I will go for the LN now and the manga later, also seems like there is a sequel to the LN (that is currently not listed on MAL).

In the end the only thing that made me a bit off is when Itomi goes for Otaku, IMO he should just had been present on Pina's coronation.

She was looking rather sleek and cool in the end:

Mar 16, 2018 10:45 AM

Sep 2014
Comander-07 said:
This anime was great, I loved it. I want another season ._.
Im totally gonna rewatch this :D

I just rewatched this, I binged this all in one day, all 24 episodes. I forgot how absolutely amazing this was. Initially I tried to give it a reasonable score of 8, but I nearly rated it 10 again.

This is just so amazing in every way. All the characters of the main group are kinda likeable (also an MC WHO IS NOT A TEENAGER) Rory Mercury must be one of my favourites, even after all this years and dozens of other great anime I have watched.
It does not take some extraordinary complexity for these characters to work, they are great together and great alone. The side characters had their moments and where not just bystanders, the story and world is interesting, they properly set up story points before executing them, which is something I love and miss in most anime (Like how from one episode to another suddenly some "planned" event happens, in Gate they have set up these events beforehand and not just one episode before but all the time)

And yes its kinda really satisfiying to see medieval plebs getting stomped by modern military might.
Also the names are just perfect, every one of them.

This anime also had like 4 of my favourite moments in any anime ever (The entirety of episode 6, with Wagner beeing played from the helicopters, to Rory going nuts .. to Kuribayashi going nuts, Kuribayashi humiliating the prince, sherry and subawara reuniting and the paradrop later.. and also this final episode. Just amazing)

Im kinda sad that there is still no 3rd (or rather second) season here, but atleast one can read the novel without having to deal with hiatus after hiatus)

again a 9/10 from me. The only way this could have been better is if it would have been a bit more .. mature? It already as the R Rating if Im not mistaken, might as well have had a bit more blood when the soldiers got slaughtered. Especially since afaik the manga is less child friendly in that regard.
Comander-07Mar 16, 2018 10:56 AM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

» Season 3? ( 1 2 )

AshAkinola - Mar 25, 2016

58 by Remlz_77 »»
Aug 5, 3:42 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

191 by PedroKarim64 »»
Jul 17, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2016

170 by PedroKarim64 »»
Jul 17, 1:23 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2016

136 by Jagerschnapps »»
Mar 25, 3:18 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2016

231 by Estefan »»
Jan 17, 7:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.