Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 19, 2016 8:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm I thought the episode was tense especially involving Pina and Zorzal's actions, whom she's trying to object with.

Glad to still see Lelei being relevant with her funny ideas. I still find the relationship she shares with her sister to be amusing. Nice little fantasy story this episode too (OST release when?)

LOL, Rory went yandere for a moment.

The magic displayed in this episode was dope.
Feb 19, 2016 8:31 AM

Jun 2013
Well, Zorzal is as expected acting almost immediately after he seized the Throne. This is so going to be Civil War. it is so obvious that is only way to go...and + that sure War against JSDF he will make...Coup'detat...and Little shit is enjoying this.

Goodbye Empire...they don't stand chance against Japan...and Pina and Molt knew it...but Manipulative bunny bitch that wants to be Uchiha Sasuke 2nd wanted this war...and Empire's destruction..and she got it.

LELEI IS HILARIOUS...Bookworm..lol, do not stand way between her and Books!! XD and Love how she and her Sister interact!! XD and now she hunts Itami for Marriage!? XD

So..Hardy made that Gate for Immigration? and If JSDF is not careful...they might get stranded here?

Rory is awesome even when she is explaining what Demigods do....YANDERE RORY!!?!?!?! O_o RUN FOR YOUR LIFES! LELEI!!! DON'T POUR OIL INTO FIRE!!!! XD
and Arpeggio Lost it....XD
going to enjoy the Duel!

I a enjoying this duel, looks awesome....Who wants to bet that it will look ore Awesome in Manga tough? XD

and things just got shitty to Lelei because jealous Prince...goddamn some one shoot Tyuule...

JarjaxleFeb 19, 2016 1:04 PM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Feb 19, 2016 9:31 AM

Apr 2010
That mage battle was pretty awesome.
I also have to say that Leilei being saved just in time was nice as well tho expected.
I didn't expect Pinya's staff tho.

And Leilei sister being jealous was funny.
Zorzal is out for self destruction and hopefully he will meet his end in a very cruel way.
Feb 19, 2016 9:46 AM

Nov 2008
That mage battle was awesome, I do like those magical chains Arpeggio had and it was quite the close call for Leilei at the end when that assassin came in.

Feb 19, 2016 11:11 AM

Jan 2015
Fun to watch sibling duel, but after that... "Mommy, where's our house?" LOL

You said it, Zolzal.
MasceraFeb 19, 2016 11:33 AM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Feb 19, 2016 11:12 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
More Lelei action is always welcome!
.....although I had to hear Rory's annoying voice a lot this time, which was tiring

That Assassin would have more chance if he sniped Lelei from the crowds or hidden location

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Feb 19, 2016 11:18 AM

Mar 2012
Well for those who have been asking..now u know the secret of the GATE....The World that japan and everyone else has found themselves in, is essentially a gather point where multiple races from many other worlds travel and eventually mingle with one another and become that part of society. Japan just happend to be the next one the gate opened too.

It makes sense if u think about it...Current laws of evolution does not permit such multiple sentient races to evolve in a single planet as evolution permits that only the strongest gene pool would survive..hence why with so many species of humans in our own world evolved but only homo sapiens have remained but we do have traces of our genes being from other races when we interbreed too...we are just the final result of that.

It looks Like prince Asehole has started his dictorial regime and this will surely backfire on him...but with everything that is going to happen, even if japan is going to win in the end a lot of innocent people are going to be badly effected by it...as this episode and the preview showed.

I have to give props to A-1 for the animation when they did the magic duel that was the bomb(literally XD)

Damn Arpeggio is even more of a jealous freak in the anime than when she was in the Light novel...

for those who have been wanting more action...politics and war you will be pleased as to what is to come..but by no means this will finish with this cour...no they would need at least another cour to finishe verything off.
Feb 19, 2016 11:27 AM
Feb 2009
it's Friday and it's Gate time!!!
this zorzal is really dumb and sobasically itami is in a relationship with all of the girls having slept for more than 3 nights with em lol
Feb 19, 2016 11:28 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Things are going to get ugly quick with Zozal at the helm. You know Bunny girl has something up her sleeve too.

I actually like Arpeggio more than Lelei. But throwing a bowl on Lelei's head was totally uncalled for. They had a cool fight though.

That "Three Nights" thing was total BS. C'mon Itami, Rory is true best girl!
Feb 19, 2016 11:32 AM
Jul 2018
Zorzal is such an asshole.

I loved that "Three Nights" part!

Rory went yandere for a moment was a good one!
Feb 19, 2016 11:32 AM

Aug 2010
Really fun ep. Lots of Rory and it shows why Lelei is my second fav after her. Lots of focus on her :3

Loving Arpeggio, the way she was ranting about her life then on the spurt of the moment deciding to become a housewife asking about Itami then him spitting the drink out was a priceless sequence lol XD

Dat Jelly Rory when she heard about all the times he's slept with Tuka and Lelei XD Poor Rory :(
Give her some love when u get back home Itami

Dat Ara ara over load lol. But nice info about the origin of this world's population.

Dat mage battle was awesome. I guess Arpeggio isn't bad. She went on par with Lelei. That moment of suspense tho. I really feared for Lelei for a second there

Tyuule's creepy shadow smile was friggin O_o
Feb 19, 2016 11:34 AM
Nov 2012
Todd_ said:
That "Three Nights" thing was total BS. C'mon Itami, Rory is true best girl!
Yet Rory said Itami was single. That was a surprise. Aren't they bonded?
Feb 19, 2016 11:36 AM
Mar 2013
Poor Arpeggio... She believed she suffered the complete defeat in any form of competition as a woman.

Feb 19, 2016 11:44 AM

Apr 2013
Man, Zorzal is such a f'n clown. I wish that he'd be a little more competent as an antagonist but I guess that is what Tyuule is there for. I loved Arpeggio in this episode and I do hope that she becomes a permanent addition to Itami's harem. We need someone who can consistently give Leilei that big sisterly "guidance" (aka piss her off).
Feb 19, 2016 11:55 AM

Jul 2014
Zolzal's actions as leader of the Empire (despite the Emperor still being alive) are seriously going to cause a lot of people to die, aren't they? And how long until someone catches onto how blatantly and obviously evil Tyuule is? It's kinda amazing no one, not even Zolzal, has actually noticed anything suspicious about her.
Feb 19, 2016 11:57 AM

Jul 2014
I was thinking about it last week and this episode got me even more curious.

Does anyone in JSDF or Japanese government thinks about what to do when GATE closes?
We learned from this episode that it happened in the past and it will happen again in the future.

The GATE is some kind of inter-dimensional portal opened with magic, so it should be possible to open it with science, right?
Feb 19, 2016 12:07 PM

Mar 2012
mozgow said:

Does anyone in JSDF or Japanese government thinks about what to do when GATE closes?
We learned from this episode that it happened in the past and it will happen again in the future.

The GATE is some kind of inter-dimensional portal opened with magic, so it should be possible to open it with science, right?

I can't say much cause as you know spoilers...but these question s are valid and don't worry they will be addressed later...either by the end of this cour..or in the cour after it....but it was already explained how they would deal with this in the novel...i can tell you but it would be spoilers so its up to you.
Feb 19, 2016 12:08 PM

Jul 2015
Hahaha omg tgat fight was intense! Love the whole conversation about the three rooms and everybody trying to be Itami's girl was hilarious. Loving it!
Feb 19, 2016 12:26 PM

Nov 2008
-ShadowClaw- said:
mozgow said:

I can't say much cause as you know spoilers...but these question s are valid and don't worry they will be addressed later...either by the end of this cour..or in the cour after it....but it was already explained how they would deal with this in the novel...i can tell you but it would be spoilers so its up to you.

I'm game for spoilers.
Feb 19, 2016 12:29 PM
Mar 2013
Lesson:

If you want to have a man who is not interested in any love affair, then you should do things as if it were just some coincidences or natural consequences. You must not act aggressively about that.

htsujiFeb 19, 2016 12:33 PM
Feb 19, 2016 12:31 PM

Jul 2014
-ShadowClaw- said:
Good to know I'm not overthinking it :-)
And thanks for answering the question without spoilers :-)
Feb 19, 2016 12:46 PM

Apr 2013
meh not a fan of the zolzal stuff. pina should inform the japanese people immediatelly and stop this right away. and if needed just take out zolzal. if the empire is so important to her she sure as hell should be prepared to take out her brother who will most certainly doom the empire more and more with every minute he is in power.

obviously she is not gonna do it and this whole thing is gonna turn into a mess probably...

that sister rivalry escalated rather quickly haha

some interesting history regaring the gate
xSanoxFeb 19, 2016 12:51 PM
Feb 19, 2016 12:47 PM
Jun 2013
Stark700 said:

LOL, Rory went yandere for a moment.

I sometimes wonder if Rory forgets the that fact that, while those girls have Itami for around as long as his human life span can get him, Rory has Itami for all eternity after she takes his soul; I seriously envy Itami's afterlife, that is BETTER compared to heaven from my view.

Does anyone recall their Bugs Bunny childhood?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBml1XZDg3w

For those of you, who don't know, in Gate - Teikoku no Bara Kishidan - Pinya Co Lada 14-sai -, Herm was once a member of Pina's Rose Knights. Which was why Pina regrets "let Herm go." Notably, I am wondering if Pina has any other siblings, besides Diabo and Zorzal; the manga said she is "ranked 10th for the throne," she must have some siblings she can talk to.

Anyway, I do love Rory's "Magical Idol" cute moves. It suits her.

On the side note. This is where we, the manga readers, are now kept in the dark. However, based on speculation, it is clear that our dear Cook may keep the JSDF informed; I seriously doubt Zorzal has any knowledge about radios or other electronic devices; I hope Zorzal becomes fat after eating a lot of "good" cooking, Super Size him Furuta.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRO3JypdZXs
greed2Feb 19, 2016 1:47 PM
Feb 19, 2016 1:08 PM

Oct 2014
Told ya all before, Lelei is best Girl!
Feb 19, 2016 1:15 PM

Jun 2013
dbaranyi said:
-ShadowClaw- said:

I'm game for spoilers.

Check baka-tsuki Light novel titles...it should give you guys the answer to that question...Simple Words
up to you how you take these words
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Feb 19, 2016 1:18 PM

Mar 2012
Jarjaxle said:
dbaranyi said:

I'm game for spoilers.

Check baka-tsuki Light novel titles...it should give you guys the answer to that question...Simple Words
up to you how you take these words

Yep..that is it..now i remember where it was exactly...meaning it won't be explained in this cour for sure as the rest of the story is all about the upheaval arc.
Feb 19, 2016 1:26 PM

Dec 2014
I really liked how the explained the gate in this episode. But damn Itami every girl Fawning on him. Very likeable character though
Feb 19, 2016 1:48 PM
Jul 2018
Nice ep

The explanation about the gate was interesting, and by what they said.. at some point the gate will close, so now i'm intrigued if this will happen before the japan forces could return, leaving they trapped in the other world without the army support from the other side
Feb 19, 2016 2:28 PM

Jun 2015
Lelei best girl. It is known. She's got mad skills.
Feb 19, 2016 2:46 PM

Jan 2014
For a second there, when Lelei was enchanting that staffhead, I thought she was about to use it as a Goa'uld staff weapon. Was a bit dissapointed. Flying broom witch mode is cool, but not as cool as a Stargate reference would have been.

Jarjaxle said:
LELEI IS HILARIOUS...Bookworm..lol, do not stand way between her and Books!! XD and Love how she and her Sister interact!! XD and now she hunts Itami for Marriage!? XD

Yeah, supposedly she's the quiet one, but she had that "three nights" move all figured out, even with off-siding Tuka. Sneaky girl XD

By the way does anyone remember which episode it was in season one in which Risa figured out who Itami's favourites were? Like "the elf for the looks, the other for the personality", etc.? It must have been when they were waiting in the van, after the onsen.

PericlesD said:
at some point the gate will close, so now i'm intrigued if this will happen before the japan forces could return, leaving they trapped in the other world without the army support from the other side

I was quite surprised Itami was not bothered by this, and was half expecting Itami to go scold Rory for not telling them, but in fact no one even picked up on it.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Feb 19, 2016 2:52 PM

Aug 2015
Nice episode. After this episode like Lelei even more. The battle against her sister was entertaining and the whole three nights thing was funny. xD Can't stand Zolzal though. Ugh.
Feb 19, 2016 3:02 PM

Nov 2015
the fight between the sister was so good omg

Feb 19, 2016 3:12 PM

Dec 2015
Itami's harem intensify s.
Feb 19, 2016 3:23 PM

May 2015
Great episode, loved the sister battle. The magic display was fabulous. But that prince. Stupidity at its finest. Going to fight against Japan. Every word that comes out of his mouth is like fucking shit, so are his new so-called "generals". I can't wait to see the moment he gets rekt. And Tyuule is still getting on my nerve as ever.

Feb 19, 2016 3:30 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Rory and Lelei were great in this episode. Lol at that three nights thing.

4/5
Feb 19, 2016 3:30 PM

May 2015
damn that zolzal he just doesn't know that the jsdf could just bombard them and it would be the end of his sorry ass no more bullshit guerrilla tactics
Feb 19, 2016 3:50 PM
Jul 2014
Well, most of that went as expected. Lelei's battle sequence was great though, especially the apology at the end.

Going to have to call foul on the Three Nights thing though. I don't think it counts if there are others in the same room. It was really cute the matter-of-fact way that she announced it though.

The gate being temporary and self-powered is an interesting revelation; I had always assumed that the Empire had opened it intentionally, seeking somewhere to raid. I wonder what will happen when it eventually does close again? They didn't really give any indication how long it tends to stay open, but I sense that's probably going to be a future plot point. I doubt they'll end up cut off for good though.
Feb 19, 2016 4:32 PM

Aug 2012

Oh my Oh my Oh my.

The mage battle was nice.
Feb 19, 2016 5:39 PM
Oct 2012
And now we know why all the mages are generally confined to the city (as said last episode), they are all "high maintenance". Makes we wonder if magic has something to do with it. And that was the 13th battle between the sisters, makes you wonder about the first 12 :-) But ultimately they are a good pair of sisters.

When Grey was telling about Leilei getting the credit for killing the dragon, the novel had a nice scene where Lelei mentioned every dark elf who died by name, earning the respect of Yao. Know why they cut it, but it reflects well on Lelei so I thought I would repeat it.
Feb 19, 2016 5:48 PM

Sep 2013
fuck that BUNNY girl :P i can't tolerate any more
Feb 19, 2016 6:29 PM

Nov 2015
only 5 more ep to go, if they dont announce a 3 season despair will ensue
Feb 19, 2016 6:31 PM

Apr 2014
There seem to be quite a some yandere in here.
I like the brother that run away to get help from another country to destroy the Empire.
As for Piña...she is acting like a cunt. You can't reason with stupid.
Now, the war between Japan and the Empire will going to be fun and the end will be when Japan completely destroy the Empire and Piña at that.
Lelei and her sister fight is epic and I like her sister a lot more than Piña.
Feb 19, 2016 6:34 PM

Jul 2012
Pretty intense episode, everything is going to shit in the empire with Tyuule just completely manipulating the dumb prince and poor Pina is left in the middle trying to figure away to save the empire while bother her brothers look to end up destroying it. It was pretty funny to see Itami get all the girls saying they are married since that 3 night sleeping thing and omg Rory is scary when mad lol. But the battle between the sisters was super awesome, I loved that cool magic battle that we haven't really seen since it is always guns and stuff. Overall I can't wait to see what will unravel in these next episodes with all that is going on.

If you want to see my full review on the episode check out the link to my YouTube channel on my profile page where I make review videos on the current anime!
Feb 19, 2016 6:35 PM

Sep 2013
hlubkoj2020 said:
There seem to be quite a some yandere in here.
I like the brother that run away to get help from another country to destroy the Empire.
As for Piña...she is acting like a cunt. You can't reason with stupid.
Now, the war between Japan and the Empire will going to be fun and the end will be when Japan completely destroy the Empire and Piña at that.
Lelei and her sister fight is epic and I like her sister a lot more than Piña.

I hope Zorzal hanging to die, and the body is thrown out the sewer, so Fu** annoying
Feb 19, 2016 6:39 PM

Jun 2014
The battle between Lelei and her sister was pretty entertaining, and of course Tyuule is up to no good as usual. It seems like shit is really about to hit the fan in the coming episodes.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 19, 2016 8:21 PM

Nov 2014
So again fuck Zolzal.
Lelei dueled with her sister. Assassins coming.

And Rory being Rory
Hi there
Feb 19, 2016 8:35 PM

Sep 2014
Yes! We finally got information on this world and the GATE!

Things are moving quite fast! Can't wait on how it will turn out.
Feb 19, 2016 8:35 PM

Jan 2013
So the Gate closes by itself every x years or when something happens.
Great fight, but Lelei won, because her shield was the last one to be destroyed, still it was epic xD
Rory Rory Rory, that yandere mode :D
Now i hate so much that bunny-girl, she is a bit***, she and the prince are the only one doing bad stuff, and those 3 new generals, hope they will be punished by the japanese.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 19, 2016 8:36 PM

Sep 2014
And Hopefully its time for Pina to shine and SLAY THE SHIT OUT OF HER BROTHER AND THAT BUNNY GIRL!!!! We haven't had a moment from her yet.
Feb 19, 2016 9:29 PM

Aug 2008
Poor Lelei.Her sister throw that food on her. So are the human in this world actually come from planet Earth(our world) through the Gate or a totally different planet from where Itami come from?
ZapredonFeb 19, 2016 9:55 PM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Season 3? ( 1 2 )

AshAkinola - Mar 25, 2016

56 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Jan 18, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2016

231 by Estefan »»
Jan 17, 7:42 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

333 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 6, 2023 7:14 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

190 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 6, 2023 6:34 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2016

159 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 6, 2023 5:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.