Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 5, 2016 10:24 PM

Jun 2013
That was actually really enjoyable!
Excited to see more :)
Jul 5, 2016 10:46 PM

Oct 2013
A good start with haru and kazu bromance. I like the fresh anime plot without just the musical stuff.
Jul 5, 2016 11:20 PM
Jul 2015
The sexual tension on the roof was killing me.
Jul 5, 2016 11:41 PM

Jan 2016
Woa, really love this ep 1!! will deff watch it until the end :)

katsu044 said:
fact that it's cheerleading is quite different male only seems like it's more for the females though never heard of a male only cheerleading team,only one guy on a female team on the other hand is a thing and i think that would be pretty funny to watch.

Actually there's All-male cheerleading team SHOCKERS from japan waseda univesity since 2012(and they quiet popular at there, even they've a looot member), FUN FACT , I've recently discovered/read that Breakers are based off of actual male cheerleading team SHOCKERS itself lol - even their uniform is the same and they are good! Just watch their video performance last week :D
-Catsidhe-Jul 5, 2016 11:53 PM
Jul 6, 2016 4:30 AM

Dec 2014
an okay episode.... so fara so good
Jul 6, 2016 4:52 AM
Jul 2018
Pretty good start, I'm impressed. This anime has so much potential. I'm looking forward to meeting all the joining members of the club. Super excited for the next episode!
Jul 6, 2016 4:56 AM

Jun 2013
I was about to drop it but then Sugita Tomokazu's character came in with his high V, low V, punch! I live for that man.

Also, it looks like they're going to recruit some cool characters later on. I want to see that afro guy and the chubby guy.
臭い-
Jul 6, 2016 8:27 AM

Mar 2008
I hope this will be as good as Free!

I hope it won't be a disaster like Prince of Stride.
Jul 6, 2016 8:42 AM

Nov 2014
decent first episode although i wish they anchored the cheerleading theme a bit more...though i think the mc's reluctance to join at first is a bit refreshing (we have a lot of very enthusiastic mc's with regards to their specific sports) and it would be great to see his passion grow :) (i'm just very optimistic!!)

i can't wait for the next episode! hopefully we'll see how they'll deal with his acrophobia? and possibly more members joining! that chubby guy is cute af i'm screaming!! >////<
Jul 6, 2016 9:16 AM

Feb 2016
Better than DAYS, surprisingly. You gotta love that nice and clean pacing, and also Rei Glasses-kun.

That was unexpected, still, a decent start.
All people have their own sh*t tastes, therefore, there are no sh*t tastes, since everything is equally sh*t.

A VERY LOGICAL
PHILOSOPHY
Jul 6, 2016 9:36 AM

Jan 2012
Thought it looked pretty nice :) Another serious glasses guy though xD Quite like him.

This was a bit cheesy though :s With talk about how mc cheering has power behind it... Hope this doesn't get as cheesy as POS
Jul 6, 2016 10:10 AM
Apr 2016
When the first time I see the poster, it doesnt really intrested me. But sport genre? Male cheerleaders? Try? Why not?
And....
IT IS VERY NICE EPISODE!!! the story is interesting, OST is nice, characters development is very great! Really never expected that! ._________.
Yeah, tbh i prefer cheer danshi than the other summer sport anime for now ... :3
Cant wait for episode 2 !!!!
Jul 6, 2016 10:39 AM

May 2016
I was actually pleasantly surprised by it. While looking at the seasonal chart I didn't really expect much from it, I thought I'd check it out, get something like Prince of Stride from the winter season and move on. But I actually liked the characters and enjoyed their interactions so I'll be continuing with it.
Jul 6, 2016 10:58 AM
Feb 2016
To be honest, I didn't expect it to be that good. However, after watching it, it's actually not that bad! I forgot the name of the dude with the glasses, but he is def my favorite character right now!
Jul 6, 2016 5:59 PM

Mar 2013
This is actually piquing my interest-- a unique sports anime about male cheer-leading in college (not high school finally-- they will actually look their age XD) It has a more natural, and relate-to feel to it (no weird hair colors, uniforms, and supernatural strength or sports powers :P)

I'll definitely try to see where this goes :3
KilikcliaJul 6, 2016 6:11 PM
Jul 6, 2016 8:14 PM

Jan 2011
-Catsidhe- said:
Woa, really love this ep 1!! will deff watch it until the end :)

katsu044 said:
fact that it's cheerleading is quite different male only seems like it's more for the females though never heard of a male only cheerleading team,only one guy on a female team on the other hand is a thing and i think that would be pretty funny to watch.

Actually there's All-male cheerleading team SHOCKERS from japan waseda univesity since 2012(and they quiet popular at there, even they've a looot member), FUN FACT , I've recently discovered/read that Breakers are based off of actual male cheerleading team SHOCKERS itself lol - even their uniform is the same and they are good! Just watch their video performance last week :D
interesting learn something new, never thought they actually existed.
Jul 7, 2016 12:12 AM

Jul 2013
This got me very interested. The episode was not too bad, but it wasn't that amazing either. However, I'm curious to see the other characters that will be introduced, as well as the cheerleading itself. Seems there will be rival teams too ! Kind of wondering how Haruki will feel, because he's scared of heights...

Wataru was too freaking hilarious.

Jul 7, 2016 2:23 AM

Jun 2012
I may lose my man-card for saying this but I actually liked this episode. I'm definitely not a fan of the obscure male nakama cheerleader theme, but I really liked how laid-back the show was. It had good sound and realistic down time, and the fact that it stars college men instead of overly-animated middle schoolers is also a plus. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I liked it's "vibe", and will be tuning in next week.
Jul 7, 2016 7:02 AM

Sep 2014
Came here for Luck Life. Damn, it looks so embarrassing to do cheerleading for guys, especially what Wataru was doing, lol

Cheerleading in anime seems new to me. Looking forward to watching this series.
Jul 7, 2016 7:05 AM

May 2008
Hmm. This is.... pretty boring so far. But, well, it's only episode one and it's a setup.

I do like the characters. Haru/Kazu is already a super cute ship and Mizoguchi is totally my type of character so I think I'll stick around.

I feel sorry for Kazu's grandma. She's most likely gonna be used as a plot device and die right before the team has a performance or something. Either that or something happens to Haru's sister...
Jul 7, 2016 10:34 AM

Jun 2009
I wanted to watch it because it looked interesting, but I had little to none expectations.
Well, it was really fun to watch. I liked it. I didn't think I would enjoy it that much.
5/5
I like pancakes.
Jul 7, 2016 6:39 PM

Dec 2013
I think this is okay so far. I can't wait to see more. The Wataru guy is ineteresting lol and I really like the ending song

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Jul 7, 2016 11:39 PM

Oct 2015
jenkkk said:
not bad for a 1st episode

OST is really good tho

Good start. Will wait and see how this goes.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Jul 8, 2016 2:32 AM

Jun 2013
we quit a manly sport to start a gay thing lol jk
Jul 8, 2016 3:40 AM

May 2014
I have seen some stupid things but this is at the top of the list so far
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Jul 8, 2016 5:48 AM

Apr 2015
It Was Totally Awesome :)
Jul 8, 2016 8:42 AM

Jun 2016
I found this to be weirdly charming, I didn't expect to enjoy this as much as I did. It's also nice that the characters are in university instead of high-school for once. I'd say this show definitely has potential.
Jul 8, 2016 12:47 PM

Oct 2015
aha....

okay....
Jul 8, 2016 12:48 PM

Oct 2015
Axelucard said:

exactly........
Jul 8, 2016 4:18 PM

Jul 2014
i rather enjoyed this episode better then the other ones i started today
i have high expectations for the remainder of this season
Even though i had hardly any looking into it
Jul 8, 2016 4:46 PM

Nov 2009
A lot better than I expected. I was unconsciously comparing it to Shounen Hollywood for some reason, even though it's nothing alike.
I love that it has a college setting, it's more relatable to me but it also allows the story to be a bit more mature. It had its funny/fun parts but I got a more serious vibe from the series, which is a good thing, in my opinion.
I have reasonable expectations, as long as the others characters introduced aren't too caricatured. By they way, they were all shown in some scenes, right? Or not? There were some background characters that got my attention.

Axelucard said:
There's nothing inherently gay about cheerleading. The stereotypes are what drive people away from doing what makes them happy.
ak47Jul 8, 2016 4:57 PM

(THIS WAY FOREVER)
Jul 8, 2016 5:32 PM
Jun 2012
tingy said:

And also, college students, it's always nice to get away from high school setting.

Yes, I liked that. It's weirdly rare.

(I don't think I'll watch it anyway, too cliché for my taste.)
Jul 8, 2016 10:59 PM

Jul 2009
Oh my goodness Kazu is adorable!
Jul 8, 2016 11:53 PM

Apr 2014
yonaaofthedawn said:
Axelucard said:

exactly........

seriously? why does every anime dude have to do stereotypical manly things or else it's "gay"? (not that there's anything wrong with that) btw male cheer-leading is an actual thing, just because it's female dominated doesn't make it any less of a sport.
Jul 9, 2016 4:12 AM

Jun 2013
nonchan said:
yonaaofthedawn said:

exactly........

seriously? why does every anime dude have to do stereotypical manly things or else it's "gay"? (not that there's anything wrong with that) btw male cheer-leading is an actual thing, just because it's female dominated doesn't make it any less of a sport.

i know it's an actual thing and i said jk? as in just kidding?
Jul 9, 2016 10:02 AM

Feb 2015
I genuinely enjoyed the first episode! Like, a lot!

Pretty animation and wicked OST exempted, I love the storyline. I love the fact that the characters are in university, I love the bromance between the two MCs, I love MC #2's reasons for wanting to be a cheerleader (he's taking after his mom!!), I love that MC #1 already has so many hurdles to overcome (his fear of heights, his shoulder injury, the fact that his judo-obsessed family might not approve), I love how utterly relatable MC #1 is, I love the MCs new megane friend (he's so creepy-awkward-adorable), I love the fact that it's about male cheerleaders, and did I mention the super pretty art and colors? Because it's super pretty.

My only real disappointment stems from what will undoubtedly be a lack of female characters. I would have really liked for them to have created a co-ed team. This would have been the perfect sport for it. It's a bummer.

I have such high expectations for this series. I hope it doesn't let me down like Prince of Stride did.

reinakunJul 9, 2016 10:13 AM
Jul 9, 2016 10:07 AM

Feb 2015
Helpme said:
tingy said:

And also, college students, it's always nice to get away from high school setting.

Yes, I liked that. It's weirdly rare.

(I don't think I'll watch it anyway, too cliché for my taste.)

That's one of the things I love about it. It'll be interesting to see how the series progresses with more mature characters as a focus.
Jul 9, 2016 10:11 AM

Feb 2015
Ana said:
Practicing stunts is no joke, so I'm going to stab my eyes if, by miracle, these three with zero experience suddenly got good because plot reasons. I am excited to see it, though.

This is my worry, as well. I like the idea of the three of them being beginners, but despite the two MCs obvious athleticism, they'd need real instruction and vigorous, strict training in order to get anywhere near good.
Jul 9, 2016 1:29 PM

May 2016
well I cannot guess what Kazu really think about. Quitting judo then form a cheerleader team? seriously.
Jul 9, 2016 8:02 PM

Dec 2009
Really good start, reminds of Free in a lot of ways. Wataru is the best character though, so dorky.
Jul 9, 2016 8:08 PM

Jan 2014
I've been excited for this. I was the first male cheerleader at my high school and later became Captain. I admit, at first the thought repulsed me but the Coach had girls literally track me down in the library and sway me to at least come to a practice and it was hook, line and sinker from there. I was trapped. But, I started to like it and I was the best at toe touches. I mostly was the base for pyramids, picking up the girls and tossing them into the air.

Haruki and Kazuma. I ship it so hard.

Wataru reminds me of Rei from Free!
Jul 10, 2016 2:33 AM
Jun 2016
This was quite the opening episode! I love the way we were introduced to the characters, as well as seeing the relationships between them. Can't wait for more!
Jul 10, 2016 5:48 AM

Jan 2012
love it. though isnt college a little too late to start cheerleading since u need to have ability like doing split and other moves that require u to have soft bones

used to practice doing it when i was 16 but boy did it hurt my groin. didnt continue cheerleading due to that

and it's a new thing as well that son got inspired by what mother used to do. Liking the son/mother thing. and we already have a heroine in the next episode?

that bandou guy needs to do something about his shyness :/
Jul 10, 2016 9:45 AM

Jul 2012
Oh shit... another good sports anime. Bless. We get Days, Battery and this. I just feel so happy.

First episode was quite slow, which is good in my book as I like that pacing. All three MC were really fun to watch, especially glasses who was hilarious. He reminds me of Free's Rei. But yeah, I'm getting good vibes from this show. So far, it was more enjoyable than Days.
Jul 10, 2016 3:50 PM

Mar 2014
Don't worry Haru, I too would be red in the face if I had to advertise out in the public.
For a first impression, this was really nice. I really like the style of eyes in this anime. Pacing is decent overall. The OST is AWESOME though. I noticed it midway through and had to go turn up my speakers. If this does ever go popular, I hope I won't come across erotic ships, because that is genuinely going to ruin a show for me.
Jul 11, 2016 4:17 AM

Dec 2012
Wow Sugita (Switch in Sket dance and Gintoki !) voices Wataru, best character so far he is so funny. The first episode was pretty good. Reading the first comments, I was afraid that it was bad, but it was a good start, imo.
Jul 12, 2016 7:07 PM
Sep 2012
ok honestly loving this so far and haruki is beautiful :-))
Jul 13, 2016 1:45 AM

Mar 2008
I was surprised... Loving it so far... And the guy with the glasses is pretty funny :')
Jul 13, 2016 12:11 PM
May 2016
Too much gay in one episode XD
Someone said it is a seasonal fujoshi sport show that isn't really about the sport, so what lol
I prefer something like this (friendship and all) rather than harem or reverse harem shows
Jul 13, 2016 10:32 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I wasn't expecting to like this even a little, but wow! So far so good!
That subtle as heck bromance is a-okay with me. :^U
A lot of folks seem to be reminded of Rei from Free, but I'm actually drawing a few more connected dots with Midorima from Kuroko no Basuke-- for glasses guy-- my gosh he said his name like three times and I still don't remember it. Holy moly.
I'm interested in seeing how a college setting will work out! Cool! BUT one thing I'm kinda eh about is that MC is leaving a sport because he doesn't want to damage his shoulder only to join something else that can potentially damage his shoulder...? I mean, I know his real reason was because of the whole parents in judo yadda yadda thing, but I dunno; seems a little irresponsible. We'll see how that works out.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» does anyone know if cheer boys/danshi boys is kid appropriate

Haikyuu_ForLife - Jan 25, 2023

6 by tinker3bellz1 »»
Jan 26, 2023 5:28 AM

Poll: » Cheer Danshi!! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2016

51 by Stormy_77 »»
Oct 28, 2022 10:29 PM

Poll: » Cheer Danshi!! Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2016

44 by Stormy_77 »»
Oct 28, 2022 9:33 PM

Poll: » Cheer Danshi!! Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2016

27 by Stormy_77 »»
Oct 28, 2022 9:13 PM

Poll: » Cheer Danshi!! Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2016

22 by Stormy_77 »»
Oct 28, 2022 8:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.