Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 1, 2015 5:06 PM
Oct 2015
That scene where Natsu's crying saying "Dad." mixed with the music my heart jump and burst the build up was amazeballs the feels were twerking in my face, I can't wait for the next episode.
Nov 1, 2015 9:09 PM

Mar 2014
metsujin said:
Cryptical said:
Felt kind of anti-climatic to me to be honest. After all this time we finally got to the moment natsu meets Igneel again but it happened kind of out of nowhere. Bad build up.

Also a shame the animation quality of Igneel kind of sucked, but we're talking Fairy Tail here so I guess that's not unexpected.

Lol I suggest you go read/watch some chapters/episodes. Because this was foreshadowed.
Albeit it's subtly hinted that he's been inside him, there have been events that make this highly illogical.
Nov 2, 2015 3:08 AM

Sep 2009
metsujin said:
Cryptical said:
Felt kind of anti-climatic to me to be honest. After all this time we finally got to the moment natsu meets Igneel again but it happened kind of out of nowhere. Bad build up.

Also a shame the animation quality of Igneel kind of sucked, but we're talking Fairy Tail here so I guess that's not unexpected.

Lol I suggest you go read/watch some chapters/episodes. Because this was foreshadowed.

Explain. Show me some evidence.
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
Nov 2, 2015 5:38 AM
Mar 2014
Woah finaly Igneel is here, it was awsome but they spoiled it to hard in the OP.

Still great to see, i'm expecting some epic stuff next episodes.
Nov 2, 2015 1:50 PM
May 2013
IGNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!
Nov 2, 2015 2:35 PM

Jul 2012
Wow 0.0 i read the manga but this was just epic
hyped for next week :)
Nov 2, 2015 3:34 PM
Oct 2010
For a moment, I though Igneel came out of Natsu's a**...

Damn this metaphoric imagination.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Nov 3, 2015 6:17 AM

May 2014
Now I'm glad I watched this episode. I mean for real though, the animation this episode was extremely well done. Or at least the part where Igneel was bursting out. And fuck Igneel's 'character' design is so fricking cool :o
Kind of a letdown now that I've already read the manga and know what's gonna happen :(
If not I probably wouldn't have been able to keep my eyes from this episode.

Nov 3, 2015 10:58 AM

Jun 2013
sword123 said:
metsujin said:

The opening jk

Right before the fight between Natsu & Gajeel vs Sting & Rogue in the GMG, you see Igneel saying "Weisslogia & Skyadrum lets see what are capable of the humans you trained" or smth like that. How would Igneel know Natsu would be fighting them unless he was "spying" on him or somewhat close to him.
The other piece is when Natsu & Gajeel were trapped in Freed's runes, the rule of the runes were that no statue or person over 80+ years old couldn't pass. This one is a bit tricky (you'll find later if you don't read the manga).
In the beginning of the oracion seis arc right when they meet Wendy, Natsu says he heard that name somewhere. Now in the manga in chapter 101 (I believe) the name Wendy its mentioned when Grandeene meets with Igneel. Natsu at the time was sleeping after his fight with Jellal. Probably he heard her name in the sleep.

@ziggy are you talking about the tenrou stuff? That can be explained when we learn when Igneel enter Natsu's body. Could be a simple explanation nonetheless.
Nov 3, 2015 2:14 PM

Aug 2013
Wow the content amazing never expected Igneel to be inside Natsu!

But it was let down majorly by that animation. There was practically no movement on Acnologia as it was flying. Looked way better in the Tenrou Island arc. Disappointed but I'm hoping they make up for it next week with top quality animation.

Illyricus said:

10/10, based A1 Pictures strikes again.

Ok please I have to know because it's been bugging me for a long time and I can't find the answer anywhere. What do people mean when they say "based" + anime studio? Why can't you just write "A1 Pictures strikes again". The based doesn't make sense to me in any context I can think of.
ittou_shuraNov 3, 2015 2:19 PM
Nov 3, 2015 2:39 PM

Jul 2013
rasenshiruken973 said:
Illyricus said:

10/10, based A1 Pictures strikes again.

Ok please I have to know because it's been bugging me for a long time and I can't find the answer anywhere. What do people mean when they say "based" + anime studio? Why can't you just write "A1 Pictures strikes again". The based doesn't make sense to me in any context I can think of.

From urban dictionary:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Based&defid=6525557

Something based is something who is extremely cool. In this case, A1 Pictures did an amazing episode (in my opinion), so I call then cool for doing this episode.
Nov 3, 2015 2:44 PM

Nov 2014
YESSS FINALLY OMG I CAN'T TAKE THESE FEELS.
Natsu crying saying "dad" really hit me in the feels.
I knew it was coming and I was smiling like an idiot the whole time.
I'm so excited I could puke.
OMG
Nov 4, 2015 7:40 AM

Feb 2015
Dammit!! Acnologia again. Reminds me of the island thing. it's getting the same vibe from what happened on the island too.
This episode just WOW to me. it's really good.
Even though they showed some spoilers about igneel and acnologia in the OP, i still didn't expect that igneel and acnologia will appear in this episode. And the way they appeared, it was very hype.

The ending, so freaking good. i almost cried.
can't wait for the next episode!!!

First, Azuza and Charla
Second,Lucy and aquarius
Third, Gray , Silver and Juvia
Fourth, Gajeel and Levy
Last, Natsuu and Igneel
?
YizelTroNov 4, 2015 8:04 AM
Nov 4, 2015 10:31 AM

Apr 2013
DAAAAAAAAAMN what an episode! First Acnologia makes an appearance again and shit is going down and then fucking INGEEL appears out of nowhere and we have a dragon vs dragon battle on our hands! Can't wait for next episode to see Natsu kicking Mard's ass.
Nov 4, 2015 11:44 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Finally, the moment we've all been waiting for.
Nov 5, 2015 9:30 AM
ざわ・・ ざわ・・

Oct 2012
nice
Nov 5, 2015 12:11 PM

Dec 2014
hands up...Dragons in the House!!

Nov 6, 2015 12:11 AM

Apr 2009
Acnologia's entrance was absolute trash in terms of animation. What a disappointing scene.
Nov 6, 2015 3:41 AM

May 2015
yooooooooo this is what i waiting for since this arc was begun, igneel's appear!!!!!!!!!
Nov 6, 2015 4:09 AM

Jun 2013
Dredd said:
Acnologia's entrance was absolute trash in terms of animation. What a disappointing scene.

I agree, the episode had great content but animation was so poor :(
Nov 7, 2015 9:59 AM

Jan 2011
first acnologia showed up and then igneel great episode
Nov 7, 2015 5:46 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Dredd said:

I felt like they reused the animations.
Nov 7, 2015 11:49 PM
Jul 2018
MistyBlue said:
Dredd said:

I felt like they reused the animations.

Same, it's too bad though the episode was epic.
Nov 8, 2015 1:13 AM

Aug 2014
sword123 said:
metsujin said:

During the Laxus arc in season 1, Natsu couldn't pass the barrier age. Also the imagery of back in the old series when Natsu does one of his fire dragon techniques sometimes an Igneel image would show up doing the same move as if was him doing it.
"I am going to be the God of the new world" - Light
Nov 8, 2015 2:31 AM

Mar 2014
Paperbag266 said:
Also the imagery of back in the old series when Natsu does one of his fire dragon techniques sometimes an Igneel image would show up doing the same move as if was him doing it.
That was nothing but A-1 glamourising magic, just like their use of magic seals.
Nov 8, 2015 7:31 AM

Jan 2012
Dammit things are getting interesting,welcome Igneel.

Nov 9, 2015 6:19 AM

Sep 2015
BurningAsh said:
Did anyone realise that the voice actor of Igneel was the Narrator throughout the whole series

Yep! I think the voice actor is also the one who voices Wrath in FMA:B
But, well, if Igneel wins, where will he go?? Is he truly alive? Also if he has been inside Natsu all the time, why didn't he show up at Tenrou Island??
Nov 9, 2015 12:31 PM

Apr 2014
So Acnologia is afraid of END. I can't imagine how strong END is.
"You don't become Hokage in order to be acknowledged by the village.
The one who is acknowledged by everyone, is the one who becomes Hokage."
Uchiha Itachi, Naruto Shippuden
Nov 9, 2015 5:05 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
iam21 said:
BurningAsh said:
Did anyone realise that the voice actor of Igneel was the Narrator throughout the whole series

Yep! I think the voice actor is also the one who voices Wrath in FMA:B
But, well, if Igneel wins, where will he go?? Is he truly alive? Also if he has been inside Natsu all the time, why didn't he show up at Tenrou Island??

Wow, nice! Didn't pay attention lol...thought the voice sounded familiar.
Nov 9, 2015 9:45 PM

Dec 2012
So am I the only one that caught the sky shot where they showed Kyoka's booty with no clothing?

Yes, the feels.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 13, 2015 9:07 AM

Feb 2010
About time Igneel showed up!
Dec 8, 2015 10:03 PM

Jul 2012
Acnologia and Igneels entrance would have been a whole lot better if they didn't show them fighting in the opening like 3 episodes ago =_= I mean they put so much build up into them why didn't they just show off the new opening in the next episode?

Also Igneel has red flags all over him, Gonna be pretty annoyed if they kill him off or make him disappear or something stupid like that since they just killed off someone elses dad a couple eps ago, Plus finding Igneel is pretty much the end game for this anime isn't it? That's like Naruto becoming Hokagee or however you spell it or Luffy finding One Piece
Dec 31, 2015 6:11 PM

Apr 2009
This anime deserves a better budget. All that build up for Acnologia's arrival and he was practically a series of still shots. The brief fight with Igneel was laughable. But you know what? It still gave me chills and felt epic. And I still teared up, Natsu finally gets to see his dad again. I've been waiting for that for 6 years of watching Fairy Tail and it was worth it!

If Natsu can reunite with Igneel maybe Luffy can meet up with Shanks again and Guts can get his revenge. Everything feels possible now!
Feb 5, 2016 6:49 PM

Mar 2012
I still can't believe that Igneel appeared and that he was inside Natsu this whole time. ;; I'm really hoping for things to get explained in the next few episodes, since I'm really curious as to why he's been hiding inside of Natsu for all of these years.
Feb 27, 2016 8:29 AM

Sep 2015
OMG! おもしろいです!!
Mar 3, 2016 6:01 AM

Aug 2014
I'm so glad that I skipped FT for 50 weeks. Now I can indulge myself as much as I want from this delicious arc.
May 6, 2016 7:56 AM

Feb 2016
it didn't feel like a very important episode in the beginning so the timing of igneel appearing now seemed a bit off. however heading towards the closure major plot points are likely to be revealed.
Jul 4, 2016 2:49 AM
May 2016
Damn those dragons are ripped, interesting design. Can't wait to see all the other dragons, if they do show them.
Sep 17, 2016 8:06 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Appear Acnología!!! but better, appear Igneel!!!!
Sep 19, 2016 7:49 PM

Jan 2016
Erza vs Kyoka at the beginning,awesome battle, until acnologia make an unexpected appearance, and dose something to the dragon slayers.
tbh Acnologia's appearance sure was long, but still what a buildup, that shit fucking surprised me. till even more crazy shit happen, when Igneel shows up thru Natsu's body, (fuck i love his voice)but I have a very bad feeling about this tho.

lil natsu :3 and crying natsu... ;-;
Next episode, look way promising!
Acnologia VS Igneel!!!
Dead_By_HeartSep 19, 2016 7:53 PM
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Sep 30, 2016 10:18 AM

Aug 2016
They fucked up my favourite character's scenes so bad T_T
Jun 24, 2017 2:09 AM

Dec 2012
Is this really happening? It's been five years since I last saw Acnologia and it's a moment in Fairy Tail I'll never forget. Absolutely legendary episode.
Jun 25, 2017 1:31 PM

May 2012
Holy shit that ending :o that was just an insane twist! Pretty impressive, looking forward to see what's next!
Nov 5, 2017 4:14 AM

Jul 2009
Acnologia! I was not expecting it! If even him want END dead, this guy must be crazy!
That end!!!
Nov 21, 2017 1:43 PM

Sep 2012
That ending was amazing..
Dec 14, 2017 9:50 AM

Sep 2012
so Natsu is Naruto, Naruto had 9tail inside him & Natsu had Igneel inside him lol
Feb 4, 2018 8:11 AM

May 2016
Awwwwww The feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeels Natsuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.
I admit it I teared up when Natsu started crying.
Apr 23, 2018 2:49 AM

Jan 2018
I cried when Natsu cried. He finally met Igneel - his dad, again after a verrrryyyy long time of waiting and searching.
Jan 10, 2019 11:54 PM
Jul 2016
This was fucking fire. I thought Achonologia being there was hype but Igneel returns too! Fucking firrrrre. I thought that lab bitch got her head blown off why is she back.
Mar 6, 2019 8:33 AM

Oct 2013
Holy fuck... I started Fairy Tail just about 6 years ago, and waiting for Natsu to finally find Igneel has been, I'd suggest, the driving force behind the series -- especially the early part of the series, as I recall it -- ever since. Unraveling the mystery why the dragon slayers' dragons disappeared on July 7, X777 has been to a large degree what drove me to continue Fairy Tail even when it was tepid, cringe, and disappointing. And now Igneel is back and I have no idea what to think or feel. There could have been better build up to this, I think... Acnologia and Igneel both appear almost out of nowhere. But I'm still in something resembling a state of shock.

I don't understand the relationship between Acnologia and E.N.D. It's been a few dozen episodes since Zirconis' infodump during the GMG, but didn't Zeref help create Acnologia? Or at least help turn Acnologia into a dragon, or some shit like that. But Zeref also created E.ND. and the other demons from the books of Zeref. In such case, I would think they all have similar goals, so I don't understand why Acnologia would in such desperation attack Tartaros to negate the revival of E.N.D. I really want to google this, but dammit, I don't want potential future spoilers. >_<

Hopefully this is all clarified over time.

side note: Tartaros is Fairy Tail's Akatsuki and Lammy is Tartaros' Zetsu.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 80 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2015

82 by 449hill »»
May 31, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 102 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

177 by wildhood »»
May 19, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 99 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2016

100 by wildhood »»
May 2, 7:58 PM

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.