Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 21, 2015 6:20 PM

Jul 2013
Great episode
Sep 21, 2015 7:33 PM

Jul 2013
Wow amazing episode. The art they managed to get so many different feels in this was great.

Poor Baby 5 she had a really sad past, hopefully she can make a new start with Sai.

The fight omg so good, Sai got a new attack and rekt Lao G. There "goes" the G. But also a lot of fun in this episode.

Looking forward for the next episodes. :)

Sep 21, 2015 8:05 PM

Nov 2014
De_Baer said:
Hakaya said:

Edit: apparently people liked this episode very much. I don't really understand

Well, for one it had good pacing for once and overall decent animation (compared to the low budget crap we get most of the time anyways). It was the perfect blend of comedy and action and it also had a pretty nice emotional moment that gave a character depth and made him more likable. I actually don't understand how someone who likes One Piece can seriously think this is "one of the worst episodes" when it pretty much embodies everything that makes this series so enjoyable, but opinions are opinions I guess.

One weird thing about me is that I never pay attention on animation, I rarely care unless it was disastrous.

I agree one piece is all about comedy, emotions and fight, and the first two are definitely what made one piece my all time favourite anime.
However, my problem with this episode is I hated both the comedy and fights. The comedy was annoying more than hilarious, I don't think I even smiled once in this episode. The fights were bad as well because Law G is getting on my nerves with all his power rangers behaviour.

These two ruined the emotional part of baby5 for me, I still liked it though.

At the end, different people have different tastes.

Note: thanx for not hating on me. Seriously the people who hate the haters scare me XD
Sep 22, 2015 5:04 AM

Apr 2014
Great episode, since last episode the minor fights finally end! Lao G fell and Baby 5 fell in love. Sai is the great winner.
Sep 22, 2015 7:06 AM
Aug 2007
Y'know, I thought we were about to go into boring fillers when I saw the next-episode-previews show that they were gonna focus on these fights, but this was actually a really really good episode. One of the better episodes in a while in this arc.

There was well-animated fights, good characters (its amazing how quickly they made Sai go from a random guy to a really likeable character), got to see more of Lao G (who has always been a very funny enemy), romance, comedy, the sad moment about Baby 5's past. It had everything.

I'm so happy for Baby 5 too.. I've always liked her character ever since we first saw her, so I'm glad she might be able to go to a better life now...
Sep 22, 2015 3:01 PM

Apr 2010
That was a "G"ood episode :)
YT: Gaming (gw2,...), cons and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vercammen312
Monster girls club card: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=27137
See profile for exemples.
Sep 22, 2015 5:57 PM

Dec 2012
Seems like a strange place to put One Piece's epic animation, but fuck it it was awesome.

I just hope they save enough budget for you-know-what, to make it all in that animation.
Sep 23, 2015 5:27 PM

Mar 2012
AnimeEnTranced said:
Man the feels w/ baby 5

Per...so...NA!!
Sep 24, 2015 4:53 AM

Jul 2013
He "G"ot his ass kicked. There's the G!

Baby 5 is quite an interesting character. I'm curious to see how her relationship with Sai develops in the future
Sep 24, 2015 5:07 AM
Sep 2015
I think it justify the whole chapter about sai and baby 5 where lao g fell and only declare the winner in the manga while in the anime version, they add the scene where baby 5 Fell then add in love and starts to cling to Sai.... I can't way to finish epicly this whole dress rosa arc
Sep 24, 2015 9:21 PM
Aug 2013
That episode was really "g"reat, THIS is how you make me care for the minor characters. Will he other minor characters be "g"iven episodes like this?
Sep 27, 2015 12:33 AM

Jul 2014
I think Dellinger or Gladius is next.
Sep 27, 2015 8:26 AM

Sep 2013
Hahaha LOL Baby 5, LOL XD
Congrats to you and Sai xD
Sep 27, 2015 10:25 AM

May 2008
OMG what the heck just happened! The fighting animation was on a whole different level than the whole arc. This episode was entertaining and action packed.
Holy moly! Definitely worth all the trouble to be able to watch this episode.
Sep 30, 2015 11:18 AM

Apr 2013
I would enjoy this way more if the Donquixote pirates weren't much more fun to watch than these boring gladiators :/
Sep 30, 2015 12:54 PM
Jul 2014
WolfWood37 said:
Now that's how you do a marria"g"e proposal right!

;) Sanji, THIS is how you get a wife! :D
Oct 1, 2015 1:19 PM

Sep 2013
This chapter was one of my favourites, and i think this episode managed to be even better.
Oct 2, 2015 1:16 PM

May 2013
Boring episode. I hope the next one is better.
I still think Baby 5 is a insult to women.
Oct 3, 2015 5:21 PM

Jan 2011
baby 5 and sai in love
Oct 9, 2015 6:35 PM

Jan 2012
Nice damn kick ,baby 5 is lucky.

Oct 23, 2015 11:39 AM

Jan 2013
Well ... that suddenly got very dark with Baby 5's backstory, wanting to kill herself to be needed.

"G"lad Baby 5 fell too! (in love)

This was one of the better episodes in a long while :) - animation was on point with the final fight.
Nov 10, 2015 2:23 AM

Oct 2013
Dang this episode was funny
Nov 17, 2015 7:06 AM

Apr 2014
The executives have started to fall one by one.
"You don't become Hokage in order to be acknowledged by the village.
The one who is acknowledged by everyone, is the one who becomes Hokage."
Uchiha Itachi, Naruto Shippuden
Nov 21, 2015 10:51 AM

Mar 2010
Hmm If I think about it.. nothing happened or changed in this episode to progress things xD

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 12, 2015 8:14 PM

Sep 2013
Lao grandpa was a Generic villain that why he lost :(
There's the G ;)
Jan 3, 2016 8:01 AM

Jun 2015
These fights are more entertaining than that of doflamingo.
Jan 8, 2016 7:03 AM

Dec 2012
Sai got a hot chick.
"G"ot there's the "G"!
GosuDRMJan 8, 2016 7:07 AM

Apr 29, 2016 1:59 AM

Oct 2012
I had a good laugh
Thank you Baby 5
Dat propose though xD
"Signature removed"
Jun 10, 2016 7:52 PM
Jun 2013
Diamante power is so trash.
Jul 12, 2016 5:25 AM

Jan 2014
That dodge + final kick from Sai was probably the best moment of this entire arc imo.
Very nice to see some romance, no matter how weird it is. xD
“Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding. It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore, trust the physician and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.”
Aug 13, 2016 10:26 PM

Mar 2015
This was actually nice, happy for Baby 5 to hopefully stop being used like that
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 20, 2016 5:13 PM

Sep 2014
good episode. Had all the spices from action, romance, tragedy, comedy etc. Didn't expect the serious romance between baby 5 and sai but happy that she will finally get some much needed true love after going through horrible childhood

Damn no one have a good childhood in OP it seems
Aug 23, 2016 10:39 PM

May 2013
Erika___ said:
Hahaha LOL Baby 5, LOL XD
Congrats to you and Sai xD

^^^ xD

Guess that's one way to "get rid of" Baby 5
Oct 19, 2016 12:03 PM
Jan 2012
nice fight baby 5 vs Sai(one piece)
Liked action moments. Fight zoro vs pika so very long. Stay already tired to fight this. I wish that would come soon to end or climax part of fight. Because is little boring.
Baby 5 have a saddest past.
I don't like lao G,interrupt a beautiful moment.
Finally LAo G is beaten.
RafaKojiroOct 19, 2016 12:19 PM
Mar 5, 2017 2:44 AM

Mar 2012
wtf was this episode...
May 9, 2017 2:58 PM

May 2014
WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED WITH THE ANIMATION?!! O_O
I've never seen it look so perfect. Ever.
I need to know who the animation director was for this episode, holy shiz.

Anyway, this episode did not disappoint at all.
Who knew that Baby 5's weird habit of accepting anyone's requests actually had a real deep meaning. That honestly blew me away more than anything.
Her flashback was short, sweet and we didn't get more than we needed. But I wouldn't change that one bit...loved the animation during that scene too...somewhat reminiscent of Gyro's past in HxH imo.

God, I just hope she gets out of there now somebody like Sai is involved with her. The world of One Piece really is a cruel place when you realize he's the first person to not exploit that weakness of hers, but to tell her she's doing everything wrong.

So the first current ship of One Piece (not counting flashback pairings) has seemingly sailed. A pairing I would never ever have expected either...but good god are they frickin- adorkable.
I find Baby 5 really fascinating honestly. She's strong af, badass, has a cool looking DF ability but is a complete fool for love. Just like a certain Shichibukai...XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 23, 2017 1:52 PM

Dec 2014
Im glad Baby 5 isn't just another character with some meaningless gimmick. There's enough of those in One Piece as is
Dec 13, 2019 9:50 PM
Apr 2018
One of the best episodes in Dressrosa, I didn't expect anything from him when I read the synopsis, but the comedy in this episode did make me laugh so much, I love the jokes with the "G", the contrast between comedy and drama was perfectly balanced, and the animation of Sai's final technique was simply epic.
Jan 5, 2020 8:56 PM
Aug 2017
Dam! The sudden change in Genre and Animation hahaha.
That was great, my mans getting sum cute girl.
Feb 29, 2020 4:34 AM

Jun 2016
It does look like the battle is speeding up. The less important executives are going down per episode. And unlike the last one, I found this one excellent the entire way through. Excellent in a super unique way. This episode hardly focused on main characters at all, and it was this concoction of absurd humor, melodrama, and heart.

To start with, the initial old jokes from Lao G weren’t my thing but the absurdity of him facing the wrong way, Chinjao ignoring him to speak to Sai, and the confusion of Lao G being angry but actually just dying of a natural death was a sense of whiplash that made me laugh like the hardest I have in this arc. And after that, the situation that emerged with Baby 5 and Sai was just as crazy. Sai doubting Baby 5’s commitment to doing what people want her to, told her to kill herself. But she was actually about to do it, she was happy to put someone’s needs above her own life. This sequence was melodramatic and chaotic with Chinjao fighting his own grandson, going so far to even bend his drill, and a flashback of Baby 5’s revealing a short but extreme past where she was abandoned giving her an admittedly cheap reason for this complex of hers, at least in the sense of it getting little screen time.

All of this could be one big joke in the right atmosphere but there was some heart and sadness in it. Sai saw Baby 5 for the sad girl she is, and her flashback answered a long lasting question: That is, why Baby 5 joined Doflamingo as a child and stayed through the horrors that the family committed. It was inherent that she had to be messed up, and as cheesy as her background is, her child voice actor did a great job as she begged not to be left behind and the cruel way her mother called her useless became a truth to her. Sai saw that and was so compassionate to amazingly tell her: “You have been living in a world where nobody ever told you that you’re getting it all wrong?” Chinjao ends up crying happy tears to suggest that Sai has surpassed him and the masterful technique has been passed to him, as well as agency in his life to marry who he wants.

It was this big happy moment happening at breakneck speed and then it all culminated in the absurdity of Lao G becoming a huge buff man because he stored his energy all this time. If I recall a certain character in Saint Seiya literally does this as well, he stores his muscles and youth and releases it all for the final battle becoming young and muscular again. And in this conflict Lao G ended up calling Baby 5 convenient because she is theirs, like property, and she would even die for them. But she had just been treated, maybe for the first time in her life, unconditionally by Sai. Despite it being good for him for her to do something that was against her wellbeing, he didn’t want that, and he told her that living that way is wrong. This probably marks her first steps to seeing herself as valuable as a person… And now Sai ended up winning for her hand in marriage.

This was seriously awesome, I never expected something like this to happen, and it brings up a serious issue. I have said before that the Don Quixote family is probably better than being alone for people like Dellinger. Further, in the past we saw that Doflamingo killed everyone that tried to abuse Baby 5, like a big brother figure. But, despite knowing Baby 5 since she was a child, it almost seems like she only got worse. That she only began to feel more like she had to do what she could to feel needed, she was never taught that she’s okay as she is. That her mother leaving her wasn’t her fault. One has to ask why Baby 5 was brought into the family and if it was really as Lao G said, due to her convenience and only that. Regardless it goes to show that although the Don Quixote family brings some good to its members, especially those taken in as children by giving them a home, it probably ends up doing a lot more bad. Seeing a look into what made Baby 5 tick makes me hopeful that we’ll see the life that people like Dellinger and Buffalo had assuming they get some more screen time.
Sep 20, 2020 8:41 PM

Oct 2009
This episode was EPIC!!!!

You gotta love Sai. From a side character to becoming an awesome one with an epic fight like that.

This whole episode had humor, heart-wrenching moment with Baby 5 and as EPIC fight from Sai. That had me jumping from my chair cheering for him. The animation was superb in that last few minutes in the fight.
Mar 26, 2021 12:13 PM

May 2016
A bit of a slower episode imo, but Lao G is goooooooone. Also we got to see a bit more about Baby 5 which was so sad but i enjoyed seeing some more about her past. She's an interesting character and now we know why. The start of this episode was just utter chaos, Zoro cutting through Pica's stone like it was nothing was so cool. Onto 711 :)
May 25, 2021 3:05 AM

May 2016
You'd think that bending Don Chinjao's pointy head that he had waited so long to get back would make him furious beyond belief but it really was amazing to see Sai put that much power in just one kick. That counter that did Lao G in was even greater! There's the G!

I really hope that Baby 5 will be able to live happily with this dude.

Jul 20, 2021 1:05 PM

May 2017
I knew she was going to switch side without any harm but...i wouldnt have expected 2 member of the family to fall with a single kick lol

Doflamingo will probably say something like "i realy need you baby 5" then sai will say "shes my wife" while blushing , then they will do some monkey things on bed

That cute ending XD
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Aug 13, 2021 12:26 PM

Jun 2019
This episode was just perfect in every sense. From animation to the pacing, everything was spot on. I'm really happy for Baby 5. She finally found someone who actually cares about her. Loved Sai in this episode. He got his girl.
Aug 28, 2021 3:45 AM

Aug 2021
I couldn't stop laughing at Lao G's dying part XD

I believe he really died after that battle
Baby 5's past was sad and she was happy even in killing herself believing she was needed by them

Sep 28, 2021 8:58 PM

Nov 2012
Is it wrong that this whole time I wanted Sanji and Brook to meet Baby5?
She'd gladly show Brook her panties.
May 3, 2022 4:06 AM

Dec 2012
Not gonna lie, this episode was a little hard to follow. At least the side battles are finally "G"etting somewhere. There's the "G!"
Sep 21, 2022 10:00 PM
May 2021
The side characters in this arc are just too good. These minor fights are more entertaining than others have been in earlier arcs
Oct 13, 2022 4:23 AM
Jan 2019
What a way to get a wife lmao
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Best backstory in One piece (spoilers till ep 985)

Reckless_weeb - 9 hours ago

8 by Abhishek_Mc »»
16 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 558 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Znote - Aug 4, 2012

65 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 8:07 PM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 907 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Usopp8000 - Oct 19, 2019

67 by FedeMetal »»
Yesterday, 7:59 PM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 44 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TechDragon - Oct 17, 2009

74 by TheStarscream759 »»
Yesterday, 7:14 PM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 219 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kaito__Kid - Nov 17, 2009

61 by Andi1032 »»
Yesterday, 1:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.