Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 19, 2015 8:08 PM

Jun 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That animation with the second charge and hit was insane! We got a couple of things here: Romance, drama, action, feels, and plot progression. Pretty good episode. At least we can be rest assured that the rest of the fights going down are going to end great.

Looking forward to the end of another executive battle next week!
Sep 19, 2015 9:49 PM

Mar 2014
the results from the start to right now:
Lao G - Fell
Don Chinjao - Fell
Baby 5 -Fell in love <3 <3 <3 hahaha
Hjirudin and Mahavise - Fell

and now Sai is going to be all Love-Love with Baby with?!?! <3 hahaha
she had a horrible past though i think she should be told that this world isn't just about being useless or not but for being for someone who cares about you :)
Sep 19, 2015 10:12 PM

Oct 2008
That was a weird way to start a relationship. Great episode overall, two more execs fall out of battle.
Sep 19, 2015 10:30 PM

Mar 2012
It looks like they won't show us any fillers, but instead, they will fill up the gap with minor fights like this. It feels just like the four consecutive filler episodes shown while the train Rocket Man was falling into the deepless waterfall in the Enies Lobby ark. I think there will be several more minor fights like this until Beramy finishes his attack.
AhmedHanSep 19, 2015 10:34 PM
Sep 19, 2015 10:31 PM

Jul 2014
That marriage proposal lol. It's far more epic than all those ones that go viral on YouTube very month.
Sep 19, 2015 10:56 PM

Jun 2014
AhmedHan said:
It looks like they won't show us any fillers, but instead, they will fill up the gap with minor fights like this. It feels just like the four consecutive filler episodes shown while the train Rocket Man was falling into the deepless waterfall in the Enies Lobby ark. I think there will be several more minor fights like this until Beramy finishes his attack.

This isn't a minor/filler fight at all. The Executives of the Donflamingo family are finally going down. Also, SOMETHING SOMETHING MANGA SPOILERS, but these characters are going to be pretty important in the future.
Sep 19, 2015 11:11 PM

Jun 2015
Man the feels w/ baby 5

Sep 19, 2015 11:19 PM

Jan 2014
Great stuff, especially the funny moments.

Lao G almost dying was great. Someone that old should definitely be on the verge of death. He also pulled off a Zoro (masked swordsman, not One Piece Zorro), and imprinted a "G" on Chinjao.

Sai is also moving up in life. Got his grandpa's approval, got Baby 5 and got a new attack.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 19, 2015 11:37 PM

Sep 2013
I watched this episode out of the blue because they adapted a chapter I really liked, and man, I was positively surprised. Sai is da man. His Drill Nail had incredible animation in modern Toei standards.
Sep 20, 2015 12:09 AM

Jul 2010
G
Dang Lao G sure was one of the most amusing executives :P
Sep 20, 2015 12:21 AM

Mar 2008
This episode was on point! The comedy bits were great, the action was intense and well-animated, and of course the feels with Baby 5's past.
Sep 20, 2015 12:38 AM

Dec 2013
Great episode for so many reason.

Dem feels for Baby 5.

Dat animation for the final scene was actually really good. It was pretty surprising to see.

Massive respect to Sai in this episode. Didn't expect him to get so much development!
Sep 20, 2015 12:46 AM

Dec 2008
Wow, a really great episode!
Sep 20, 2015 2:05 AM

Aug 2014
Was hoping for more Luffy but that love story was actually worth it. Even the backstory of Baby 5 was intersting.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Sep 20, 2015 2:09 AM

Aug 2008
Great episode! The best in a while. Even the pacing was spot on.

5/5
Sep 20, 2015 3:25 AM
Oct 2014
While it's nice for Baby 5 to change sides. I hope she doesn't (if she ever returns in future arcs) change sides again (like being kinda fickle), and will just abandon Sai if some other character (antagonist basically) claims she needs her. You know, because of her personality flaws. Hope she isn't so shallow.

An example would be how she would've abandon Doflamingo earlier if Doflamingo hadn't killed her past finances.
Sep 20, 2015 3:26 AM

Sep 2014
Haha, great episode!
Nice to see Baby 5 getting some love after having that kind of past.
Sai wrecked Lao G really good.
Sep 20, 2015 3:34 AM

Jul 2014
There goes the best executive. Hilarious, action packed, and touching episode to sum it up.
Sep 20, 2015 3:48 AM

Nov 2014
What did I see in this episode? It was like power rangers fight!
This by far is the worst episode I can remember in one piece :/
I am so upset since one piece episode is my literally award every week after the hard work :(

On a positive note: we got rid of two of the family, including the super annoying Law G.
Although I don't think baby5 will stay on this side for long.

Edit: apparently people liked this episode very much. I don't really understand
HakayaSep 20, 2015 3:51 AM
Sep 20, 2015 3:51 AM
Mar 2014
Eh i'm glad Lao G was defeated damn he was annoying, the batle with Sai was pretty good tho.

I'm glad for Baby 5, i hope she can realy start somthing with Sai.
Sep 20, 2015 4:14 AM
Jan 2014
Watching the battle and I'm like

Is this really toei?

5/5

Hakaya said:
I am so upset since one piece episode is my literally award every week after the hard work :(

On a positive note: we got rid of two of the family, including the super annoying Law G.

One Piece has the power rangers moments since the very beginning :p
SNSConnectionSep 20, 2015 4:18 AM
Sep 20, 2015 4:37 AM

Sep 2013
LitzSabr said:
Is this really toei?

don chinjao: sai u will inherrit my dril
sai: no
Sep 20, 2015 4:40 AM
TheCook

Jan 2013
Hakaya said:

Well, for one it had good pacing for once and overall decent animation (compared to the low budget crap we get most of the time anyways). It was the perfect blend of comedy and action and it also had a pretty nice emotional moment that gave a character depth and made him more likable. I actually don't understand how someone who likes One Piece can seriously think this is "one of the worst episodes" when it pretty much embodies everything that makes this series so enjoyable, but opinions are opinions I guess.
Sep 20, 2015 4:54 AM
Jun 2015
Woah this was a great episode I never expected this episode to be this amazing......the animation was top notch from the start to the end and I really liked the chemistry between Sai and Baby 5 and the fight between Chinjao and Lao G was amazing...........but the highlight of this episode which made it totally EPIC was the fucking Drill Dragon Nail in the end............DAMN THE ANIMATION WAS EPIC AS FUCK........tbh for a moment I thought madhouse was making it...............had to say way better than the manga..............10/10 no doubt keep the amazing work toei.
Sep 20, 2015 5:07 AM
Jan 2014
ArtemisFlow said:
LitzSabr said:
Is this really toei?

don chinjao: sai u will inherrit my dril
sai: no

Yes it is. xd
Though that part is zoomed in quite a bit.
Sep 20, 2015 5:08 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
I've got so much positive reactions from this episode. The comedy was spot-on and I laughed so much at the comedy with Lao G on the first half. Lao G's fighting techniques were just overall consistent and fast-paced that I never drove my attention away from them. The battle animations are fantastic, I say! There's an interesting backstory with Baby 5 that I still would like to know more about. Nothing felt slow in this episode AT ALL! Sai's confession was badass! The impact of Sai's finishing blow to Lao G was also well animated and there's the lovey-dovey Baby 5 who managed to keep the smile on my face. Sai was actually arranged to marry somebody? Ew, that creature err...."bride-to-be" looks like someone from Ivankov's kingdom! xP Baby 5 is absolutely better by a longshot. :P

There were some previous One Piece episodes that felt dragged and really boring but this one is the kind of episode that I rarely see in the anime. I'm just sooooo glad to see this chapter animated and it was a whole lot better than I thought! This episode was so awesome that I don't mind rewatching this ep over and over and over and over and over and over and over again!! :D Toei needs to keep the quality as consistent as this for the upcoming episodes. Maigawd I just love this episode very much. Job well done, Toei!
Sep 20, 2015 10:10 AM
Oct 2007
Wow.. Waaah~ This episode is not that bad.. at all! Thoroughly enjoyed this week!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2015 10:36 AM

May 2014
HHahha, lol. What a funny and amusing ep. I really enjoyed it. So that's why baby 5 act like that. I am glad she finally found one that hopefully have use for her. It were sad to see that from the beginning she were used by anyone. She has finally found someone that really wants her too (not getting used like she had been in the past).

Is it a thing that everyone in this series have a sad past. LOL
Sep 20, 2015 10:44 AM

May 2014
bkim999 said:
While it's nice for Baby 5 to change sides. I hope she doesn't (if she ever returns in future arcs) change sides again (like being kinda fickle), and will just abandon Sai if some other character (antagonist basically) claims she needs her. You know, because of her personality flaws. Hope she isn't so shallow.

An example would be how she would've abandon Doflamingo earlier if Doflamingo hadn't killed her past finances.

Lol, well in the beginning of this arc she tried to kill "waka-sama". Though she failed, but I think she would stick with the one she found that time if it weren't for doflamingo and his allies to kill him off (even though we never knew who he was).
Sep 20, 2015 10:49 AM

May 2014
Hakaya said:

Personally I think it were a good ep. filled with a lot of action and romance/drama, and some feels from Baby 5 past. I think that's the key point why people liked it. I mean the previous fight in this arc after the tournament weren't that good. I think this fight were one of the best, imo.

It were good animated too, though I never understood why Sai mouth had so much movement when he were about to defeat Lao G. I understand it were because of the wind, but I think that were the only part the animation were lame and bad. ^^
Sep 20, 2015 11:08 AM

Jun 2015
That last part was WAAAAY too good animated! I thought it was Madhouse or something. That power-up and the collision was awesome.
Read Toriko!
Sep 20, 2015 11:25 AM

Jul 2015
Baby Five better person <3
Pity that it was abandoned by her mother
Sep 20, 2015 11:42 AM

Apr 2009
De_Baer said:
Hakaya said:

Well, for one it had good pacing for once and overall decent animation (compared to the low budget crap we get most of the time anyways). It was the perfect blend of comedy and action and it also had a pretty nice emotional moment that gave a character depth and made him more likable. I actually don't understand how someone who likes One Piece can seriously think this is "one of the worst episodes" when it pretty much embodies everything that makes this series so enjoyable, but opinions are opinions I guess.

Well said!

This was a great episode, far better than I would've ever assumed Sai vs Baby 5 could be (not being a manga reader.) The only downside was more Bellamy.
Sep 20, 2015 11:50 AM

Aug 2010
Awesome ep! The way they made Sai go from one of the randoms to an awesome character I care about was really sweet! Baby5 as his waifu too now :D

Lao G was beast but it had to be done (T^T)7
Sep 20, 2015 12:47 PM

Nov 2012
De_Baer said:
Hakaya said:

Yeah I really liked this episode, the comedy and action was spot on, the animation was still very meh thought, apart from the Lao G and Sai fight.
Sep 20, 2015 3:33 PM

Sep 2015
Lust said:
Eh i'm glad Lao G was defeated damn he was annoying, the batle with Sai was pretty good tho.

True
I think he and machvise or the worst executives and I agree the fight was great.
I´m really looking forward to the Gladius fight, he is my favourite executive, cool design, cool power, loyal.
Sep 20, 2015 3:57 PM
Nov 2013
I really liked this episode. Baby 5 and Sai, finally some romance haha. Also Lao G down, and Baby 5 in love. That's 2 exec's less to worry about. Baby 5 trying to kill herself moved me, and the way Sai handled the situation was superb. I would've done it the same way. I wonder what important roles those 2 are going to play in the future as a commenter said.
Sep 20, 2015 4:44 PM

Jan 2010
I don't post post a lot,

but when I post it's to say that this episode was awesome.
Final Fantasy VII is a shitty game.
Sep 20, 2015 9:57 PM

Jan 2014
hunterxonepiece said:
Lust said:

True
I think he and machvise or the worst executives and I agree the fight was great.
I´m really looking forward to the Gladius fight, he is my favourite executive, cool design, cool power, loyal.

How can you hate the greatness known as Lao G?
"G"reatness, there's the "g"!

Anyway, I think Lao G has the best voice acting. He's just so into it, you can't help but chuckle at his high pitched "HADDAAAAA!!!" Plus he almost died naturally in the middle of battle.

But yeah, Gladius is one of my favourites and I love his design.....he's the only one I think looks better in the present than the past. And I love how he's always pissed off at something.
Lao G., Senor Pink, Trebol, Baby 5 are my other favourite executives, and Dellinger has grown on me. Machvise and Buffalo are my least liked.
Actually almost completely forgot about Buffalo. Hope he doesn't show up again.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Sep 20, 2015 9:59 PM

Jan 2014
On another note, if not for it being One Piece, that Baby 5 scene could be taken in pretty dark directions.
I feel like Oda doesn't like to go to those extremes to depress people though, otherwise some could complain it's too dark.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Sep 21, 2015 2:38 AM

Jun 2015
Hakaya said:

I agree, i don't care much for these characters Baby5 is the only one i like. so i guess it was paced well and good animation etc, but i really didnt enjoy it. i just wanna get back to the main characters.
Sep 21, 2015 2:49 AM

Jul 2008
Now that's how you do a marria"g"e proposal right!

THERE'S THE G!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2015 3:50 AM

Jul 2013
Lao-G fell (literally!) and Baby-5 fell.... in love! hahaha ok that was actually funny. Anyway so that's 3 down because fatty-in got owned by giant dude last episode. I accidentally watched the preview and it seems Berramy's still at it. What's the deal with this dude anyway?
Sep 21, 2015 6:13 AM

Sep 2015
RedRoseFring said:
hunterxonepiece said:

True

I guess its the design that i really dislike. I know One Piece is famous for weird looking characters and i really like it sometimes but i think the Doflamingocrew had too much of them. Doflamingo, Gladius, Baby 5 and Trebol are the only charecters that look cool.
Sep 21, 2015 9:18 AM

Sep 2010
Loved this episode so much, though I must admit I'm a fan of all 4 of this episode's key players. I expected to like this episode since I liked it in the manga but I feel Toel did an incredible job at getting the jokes to connect and more importantly making the fighting scenes have impact.

I remember the only thing I disliked about the fight was Lao G going down after a single attack from Sai but in this episode we get to see them actually fight. I have zero qualms about this episode, it's the kind of episode I can't get enough of. Fantastic action, comedy, actual freaking romance (that's pretty cute), and the animation at points made my jaw drop. 10/10. ^_^
Sep 21, 2015 12:14 PM

Dec 2007
This was arguably the best episode this entire arc.

ArGuably! There's the G!
Sep 21, 2015 3:03 PM

Aug 2013
Nice episode, the end was very good and it was an unexpected power from Sai lol.

phantom346 said:
That last part was WAAAAY too good animated! I thought it was Madhouse or something.

It was good but please, don't insult Madhouse.
Sep 21, 2015 4:06 PM
Jun 2009
Finally 2 execs down!
Damn, I can almost feel like this arc may finish someday now.

Pretty good episode, though would have been better without Zorro, seeing him escape one attack every episode for like 20 is pretty boring...
Sep 21, 2015 4:31 PM

Jul 2015
One of the best animated episodes of the arc. The episode itself was pretty solid imo.

I hope Toei keep animating like that, Dressrosa deserves it.
♪♪ All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be ♪♪

Sep 21, 2015 5:14 PM

Mar 2010
hunterxonepiece said:
RedRoseFring said:

I guess its the design that i really dislike. I know One Piece is famous for weird looking characters and i really like it sometimes but i think the Doflamingocrew had too much of them. Doflamingo, Gladius, Baby 5 and Trebol are the only charecters that look cool.

Nice profile pic
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 242 Discussion

Kaito__Kid - Dec 2, 2009

39 by IvanTheWalker »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 397 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HydraA - Apr 19, 2009

91 by gannoncannon55 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 396 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Somebody - Apr 12, 2009

195 by gannoncannon55 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 395 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Somebody - Apr 5, 2009

76 by gannoncannon55 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 394 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Mar 29, 2009

66 by gannoncannon55 »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.