Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 7, 2015 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, this episode was silly. I mean, it's cute with the maid cafe gimmick but the mask and cape on Yamada looks almost ridiculous.

Kinda interesting seeing Mikoto Asuka in this episode though. I mean, I think she appeared in a few cameos in the OVAs but this episode gives her a more closer look. And not to mention, she can kick hard LOL

Poor Yamada lol.
Jun 7, 2015 7:58 AM

Nov 2007
More with school festival (once was OVA 2). Fortune telling to help out with selling yakisoba pan. A guy with the power is to steal witches' powers (he stole Hanazawa-san's chracter's power of becoming invisible). After learning that he cannot become invisible, he wants the help to check who is the next president. 7 witches excluding two guys?

His request was to find all witches in order to know the next president. He saw a future that Hayami-san's character forgetting him and became assistant to that guy. He admits that he is in love with her.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 7, 2015 8:58 AM

Mar 2014
Another interesting episode. Glad to see the story is going ahead so quickly. To bad they couldn't spread it out over 24 ep.

Also this reaction
Jun 7, 2015 9:55 AM

Nov 2014
They're so cute :)
Hi there
Jun 7, 2015 10:03 AM
Feb 2015
Oh snap, yamada loves shirashi.
We finally get to see Asuka, can't believe that she had the power of invisibility and the guy that wanted to become president took it from her. I just a hope that yamada manages to stop that guy and not let shirashi become his secretary.

Please go out with me as the title to the next episode?? Looking forward to it :3
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Jun 7, 2015 10:04 AM

Apr 2015
Episode had a lot going on. It's nice how Yamada cares about Shiraishi so much, and the position of Student Council President being fought over is pretty interesting.
Jun 7, 2015 10:05 AM

Nov 2007
This thing has more boys kissing than your regular BL anime.......(i am so glad i picked it up,lmao:D)
Jun 7, 2015 10:12 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Okay, that was even too fast for me.
Jun 7, 2015 10:17 AM

May 2013
Abusing Sarushima's power to sell those Yakisoba bread lol. Yamada also admitting that he is in love with Shiraishi. Hopefully that future changes.
Jun 7, 2015 10:26 AM

Dec 2013
how did yamada's friends have the invisibility spell cast on them?
Jun 7, 2015 10:35 AM

Feb 2014
I can't keep up with what's happening, doesn't this show have any breaks?
Oh well, this episode wasn't bad, the only problem was the pacing.

Anyways they showed another with, or a ex-with since she doesn't have her powers anymore, and a guy who can delete a witch's powers. So it's basically the same power that Yamada has expect the witches have their power deleted.

Yamada finally admits that he is in love with Shiraishi. Oh boy that's something I wasn't expecting....
Jun 7, 2015 10:50 AM

Nov 2013
Maybe I have my chapters mixed up, but did they completely skip over the scene with Leona?
Disappear. This chair is an eyesore. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair.
Jun 7, 2015 11:15 AM

Dec 2013
Brynhild said:
Maybe I have my chapters mixed up, but did they completely skip over the scene with Leona?
They did. No idea how they are going to animate the next episode anymore :(
Jun 7, 2015 11:16 AM

Dec 2013
Wow that was rushed. They are actually skipping important plot points! Not sure how they'll be able to handle the rest of this arc anymore.

Also Tamaki felt a lot more innocent compared to his manga counterpart. It was pretty weird.
Jun 7, 2015 11:23 AM

Oct 2008
People have been saying the pacing is too fast, but I haven't really minded it until the past 2 episodes or so. This episode takes the cake... it felt disjointed cause everything happened so quickly. :/
Jun 7, 2015 11:33 AM

Apr 2014
I want that yakisoba bread costume that Miyamura was wearing

Jun 7, 2015 11:54 AM
Jul 2018
G_Spark233 said:
Brynhild said:

They absolutely have to include it, because it won't make any sense, she's even in the opening.

Also scene between Yamada and Miyamura was thousand times better in manga. They were sitting on the swings in the park, Miyamura was honest to Yamada and they showed everyone that they can be really good friends.

And Mikoto scene was too short.
Sudden ntroduction of Tamaki too.
Jun 7, 2015 11:59 AM

Aug 2012
kieyuku said:
People have been saying the pacing is too fast, but I haven't really minded it until the past 2 episodes or so. This episode takes the cake... it felt disjointed cause everything happened so quickly. :/
Same. Started last episode with Noa for me, and you could definitely feel this one blazing through content. Still damn enjoyable, but does feel quite disjointed.
Jun 7, 2015 12:06 PM

Jul 2014
Still not seeing the problems with the pacing, but whatever. This was another enjoyable episode, and I liked how this one seemed to follow a different pattern from the last few where the focus has been on new witches. Also, I kinda guessed it a while ago, but I'm glad that Yamada's feelings for Shiraishi have been confirmed. I wonder if that will be dealt with before the end of the series.
Jun 7, 2015 12:08 PM

Dec 2013
Kyerokat said:
G_Spark233 said:

They absolutely have to include it, because it won't make any sense, she's even in the opening.

Also scene between Yamada and Miyamura was thousand times better in manga. They were sitting on the swings in the park, Miyamura was honest to Yamada and they showed everyone that they can be really good friends.

And Mikoto scene was too short.
Sudden introduction of Tamaki too.

They are really are trying to blaze through the material fast as possible and you're right they have to include her somehow. I'm guessing that they'll make it so that
Jun 7, 2015 12:24 PM

Nov 2013
So, this episode was pretty rushed with regards to the source material. I couldn't tell that much beforehand, but now it's pretty plain. I wish it was 2-cour, because everything else about this anime is pretty good.
Jun 7, 2015 12:29 PM

Sep 2008
Ending is close...

Yamada confession was so out of the blue.
I know he/she will falling in love with each other,
but that confession.
So fast... feels so forced.
Really ending is close.

One thing I have problem with that body swap,
some things should be said when there are in their own bodies.
Because whole dramatic disappears, because it funny with example: Shiraishi in Yamada's body acting like girl with problems.
Jun 7, 2015 12:33 PM

Dec 2013
That's a pretty shitty explanation of things if I ever did see one.
They didn't even mention that the election of Student Council Secretary by the StuCo President was absolute and couldn't be vetoed by anyone, including the requested secretary (hence Yamada's crazy reaction).

llcruz said:
I can't keep up with what's happening, doesn't this show have any breaks?
Oh well, this episode wasn't bad, the only problem was the pacing.

Anyways they showed another with, or a ex-with since she doesn't have her powers anymore, and a guy who can delete a witch's powers. So it's basically the same power that Yamada has expect the witches have their power deleted.

Yamada finally admits that he is in love with Shiraishi. Oh boy that's something I wasn't expecting....

And yes, Shinichi's power allows him to "Steal" a witch's ability. Once stolen, the witch loses her ability, though if he did kiss the same witch back, I remember he could give the power back to her. However, if he overwrote it with another witches power (by kissing a second witch), then the first power would be transferred to a new student (as explained in the episode).

The main issue here on why they couldn't have Asuka take back her power so that he could steal Sarushima's, is because Asuka doesn't want it. And good luck trying to force a kiss on her anyway.... one kick and even Yamada goes down. They know they can't mess with her... though with his annoying meddling, it didn't stop Yamada from trying...

And the reason why the confession feels so out of the blue is because they skipped too much of the character development just to fit it into the first 9 episodes.....
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 7, 2015 12:55 PM

Nov 2014
Feels rushed.

Jun 7, 2015 1:00 PM
Jul 2018
The episode is so rushed.

Yamada loves Shiraishi so much!
Jun 7, 2015 1:07 PM

Sep 2013
I smell a confession next episode.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Jun 7, 2015 1:21 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Awwwwwww, he admits that he loves Shiraishi :'') What a guy Yamada is for wanting to keep her smiling and happy :)

This episode was really really good, and now that we now know about these "lady killers" I wonder if there's more of them

I started to read the manga and I noticed that they skipped some things but I don't mind it really....They're at least sticking to the main plot of the more important chapters so that's good enough for me
TokoyaJun 7, 2015 1:24 PM
Jun 7, 2015 2:10 PM

Nov 2007
The skipping of chapters continues and I think some needed to be animated but then again you cannot ask for much from a one cour anime. They have included 6-7 chapters on average in each episode. I think 3-4 chapters would have been just fine but then you would need 24 episodes to reach the later chapters.

Those who want to read the manga, I recommend they start it from the beginning as 30-40% of the chapters were either completely skipped or just glanced by.

As for the episode, Yamada won't let anyone take his Shiraishi. I would have done the same if I were in his place.

I like it how Itou blushes every time Yamada forces her with a kiss and in the next second she is like 'that makes sense'. She is so adorable and absolutely one of me favourite characters in the anime alongside Miyamura.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 7, 2015 2:18 PM

May 2014
I read the manga scene with Miyamura and Yamada, and it was such a funny moment where Miyamura says he thought Yamada was in love with him, I really wanted that animated :/ Oh well.

Guess I'll just read the manga after the anime.

Jun 7, 2015 2:21 PM
Oct 2014
Ichigo_1990 said:

Yeah, I'm wondering that too.
The random student Tamaki demonstrated his power on perhaps seemed to forget about Tamaki's existence. Is that part of the invisibility power? Did Tamaki sneak up on the 3 Supernatural Club Members and kiss them, making them forget about the encounter completely?
Jun 7, 2015 2:22 PM

Nov 2014
This episode made me reaaaaally want to stop watching. Because it's just SO rushed! SO many scenes were cut which made it lose the comedy feel! Like when Yamada admitted he love Shiraishi, Miyamura should say "I thought you love me!" But they didn't make him say that! Fuck it! The anime adaption SUCKS to the CORE!!!
I guess I'll continue watching until I made it to the Miyamura x Yamada sleeping scene.
Btw I hope the rope scene is longer xD
ttcchenJun 7, 2015 2:30 PM
Jun 7, 2015 3:45 PM

Oct 2012
And now it gets complicated. So many things has happened.

It's not like I can't understand the story, it's like they overdid that anime fast-forward mode a bit.
Scenes and characters are now changing pretty fast to the point one can't get emotional about it.

I would really appreciate some breathing space in this series because otherwise you won't feel any attachment to all those characters. It almost seems like they aren't building any drama now, they're just throwing scenes and facts at us.

Yamada realizing he's in love with Shiraishi was good part though.
Jun 7, 2015 4:39 PM
Jan 2015
G_Spark233 said:
Brynhild said:

HOLY CRAP. I DIDN'T NOTICE. I mean, I THOUGHT Leona was introduced around here, but I didn't realize they COMPLETELY SKIPPED HER INTRODUCTION.

I take my praise back. 2 out of 5, they f**ked up.
CTOONfan1Jun 7, 2015 4:54 PM
Jun 7, 2015 4:55 PM

Feb 2009
Omg, this show is so good....maybe my ship will finally be canon this time. Although pink haired girl is definitely the best. Can't wait for the next episode! The pacing is perfect to me.

Jun 7, 2015 5:31 PM

Aug 2013
Now started the race to find the last witch, and in the midst of all this Yamada finally admits his feelings for Shiraishi, the plot is developing very fast, but this adaptation very good also, I'm looking forward to the next episode ..
Jun 7, 2015 5:40 PM

Dec 2013
CTOONfan1 said:
G_Spark233 said:

HOLY CRAP. I DIDN'T NOTICE. I mean, I THOUGHT Leona was introduced around here, but I didn't realize they COMPLETELY SKIPPED HER INTRODUCTION.

lol yea that was insanely important stuff they skipped. This adaptation is becoming more and more of a disaster :(
Jun 7, 2015 5:43 PM

Mar 2015
After catching up with the manga, I can say that the anime went downhill in terms of content. They skipped LOTS of content. Noa's scene was cut in the anime, I guess we can say that the cameo of the 7 witches is beginning..... Also Asuka's little Yandere act was cut too. Lots of cut scenes. Damn it, the pacing is bad. I suggest to read the manga to digest more content of the story.

Also it could be just my memory, but did they skipped Leona's introduction?

For Noa or Odagiri or Miyamura shippers, [spoiler]don't worry their ships are not really sinking so don't go mad by episode 12 lol. I believe episode 12 will adapt chapter 90.

Jun 7, 2015 6:02 PM

May 2012
Black pantsu is hot.. :)
still too rushed..

Jun 7, 2015 6:07 PM

Mar 2015
Great episode!

I admire Yamada's determination.
Jun 7, 2015 6:46 PM

Feb 2015
Yeah, this episode felt quite fast paced but not as much as Noa's one imo. Finally Yamada said he loves Shiraishi, and Miyamura looks like a really cool guy always caring about Yamada.
Jun 7, 2015 6:55 PM

Dec 2013
If you blink you miss everything kkkkk
I kinda feel that when the anime ends and i start to read the manga i gonna see how really rushed it is

But i liked the episode. it's good to see yamada admitting his love of shiraishi, let's see if he tell that to her.
Jun 7, 2015 9:52 PM

Apr 2009
good ep but too bad they removed this scene
Jun 7, 2015 10:01 PM

Feb 2015
This was bound to happen, so not surprise here. Basically, at this point, they are merely going thru the main key points of the story as fast as possible, thus skipping lots of relevant information in the process. A shame really.

Only 3 more episodes left...

Jun 7, 2015 10:20 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, already 6 of the 7 witches discovered. Maybe there will be a love confession.
Jun 7, 2015 10:26 PM

Jul 2013
Ichigo_1990 said:

That's what I am wondering too. I have no idea except that Tamaki goes around kissing people in their sleep.

Yay, Yamada finally admits that he likes Shiarashi. If they change who will be the president, does that also mean that Sarushima won't be able to lose her power?
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Jun 8, 2015 12:01 AM

Jun 2012
That was too rushed, even someone who hasn't read the manga yet would recognize that. Wow.

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Jun 8, 2015 12:20 AM

Mar 2012
Oooh boy, that was a ton of content skipped. I sort of forgot about what exactly was skipped initially until I came here for a nice refresher. The ending of the episode was a nice positive from the otherwise very fragmented plot now.

G_Spark233 said:
CTOONfan1 said:

lol yea that was insanely important stuff they skipped. This adaptation is becoming more and more of a disaster :(

Well, this is turning into the mess that was initially anticipated once only one cour was confirmed. You really have to wonder how exactly they intend to explain all this after skipping this part. Makes me wonder if they intend to do this section out of order again. Not doing that portion now with Leona seems like it'll ruin the flow (though it's not like there's any decent flow at the moment with how fragmented the plot has been presented) and sort of downplays the significance of the scene where Yamada shared his feelings about Shiraishi to Miyamura. This doesn't come across nearly as meaningful now for both of them -- the anime makes it out like it's only for Yamada [and Shiraishi].
Jun 8, 2015 1:51 AM

Jun 2013
More rushing and more confusion. Rest in pieces episodes after 8
Jun 8, 2015 2:03 AM

Jan 2014
greedytoh said:
good ep but too bad they removed this scene
One can not simply skip Sadist Yandere scene...Dropped =_=

This maybe the most rushed adaptation since Kajitsu...So rushed its hilarious :I
Jun 8, 2015 4:36 AM

Feb 2012
They're butchering the anime by rushing it! Wrong move, wrong move!

Episodes 1-7 may be rushed also, but they were still bearable and enjoyable. But episode 8 onwards, its just ridiculously, horribly, disappointingly RUSHED!!!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Favorite Female Character?

Fieryx - Jun 30, 2015

16 by Inter_anime »»
Jul 17, 11:59 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2015

291 by Tauren64 »»
Apr 26, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 10, 2015

146 by Karva1 »»
Apr 14, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2015

306 by Karva1 »»
Apr 14, 9:22 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2015

153 by brokeRyuk »»
Feb 23, 3:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.