Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »
Dec 11, 2014 4:29 AM

May 2014
I can't stop crying!
Dec 11, 2014 9:28 AM
Jul 2018
Man this was a sad episode! 2 episodes left, I'm hoping for a good ending or something thats a little bit better than what I'm thinking about.
Dec 11, 2014 11:38 PM

Nov 2013
JD2411 said:
I never thought SAO could do something like this tbh. very good episode

yup. best episode of the show
Dec 12, 2014 5:46 AM

Sep 2013
i was ready for a trouble but NOT FOR THE FEELS! T___________T
Dec 12, 2014 12:37 PM

May 2014
Simply loved this episode, the feels were so strong.
Dec 12, 2014 2:12 PM

Jun 2014
Best episode of SAO and probably the best arc of all time. Some people complain about forced drama, but I need to disagree. Yuuki is suffering from a terminal illness people meaning she's going to die. Are you telling me if you had a terminal illness you'd be able smile as much as she does? She's a strong girl IMO.
Dec 13, 2014 4:57 AM
Apr 2014
Chef_Curry said:
It seems like this show is heading in all kinds of random directions at this point, I'd like to see some more consistency such as a bigger focus on Kirito and Asuna's relationship considering they spent an entire arc (in SAO 1) making their relationship seem like the most important thing on the show. I have enjoyed the last couple of episodes a lot but Idk where they're really gonna go from here to finish the season.

... Again, this show has never been about KiriAsu.

The show is consistent with his main theme, VR/games and his effects/uses on people and real life.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Dec 13, 2014 4:58 AM

Aug 2014
Chef_Curry said:
It seems like this show is heading in all kinds of random directions at this point, I'd like to see some more consistency such as a bigger focus on Kirito and Asuna's relationship considering they spent an entire arc (in SAO 1) making their relationship seem like the most important thing on the show. I have enjoyed the last couple of episodes a lot but Idk where they're really gonna go from here to finish the season.

Romance is not one of the main themes of the show, it never was, even if it felt that way in the first season of the anime.
Dec 13, 2014 5:49 AM

Jul 2007
Chef_Curry said:

The how i about VR technology and its impacts to human lives and how the experiences with hi-tech stuff affect the characters psychologically.

Romance is VERRRRRRRY small to non-existent thing in this story.
Dec 13, 2014 6:53 AM

Jan 2014
Chef_Curry said:

Honestly speaking, Romance was being used only as a "tool" to prove, that Virtual World can be another reality and to show, how VR changes people. So don't get wrong impressions :P
Dec 13, 2014 8:38 PM

May 2010
Guess being in GGO helped Kirito, for once I thought he was being OP in a good way. Klein and Yui are here as well, all's good.

Yuuki is just too fun to watch. Ah man, Asuna in action! The Asuna I love is back for real! Just awesome.

And they won... Great plan! Time for some Yuuki x Yuuki yuri = I ship it.

LOL at one of the player names in the Memorial i.e. "Aaaaa"

And I just found that they got "Yuuki" Aoi to voice Konno "Yuuki". Coincidence? No.

Man, Yuuki's backstory.... Right in the feels. She has been suffering for so long... Her one last wish.

This episode was amazing. 11/10
Dec 13, 2014 10:18 PM

May 2009
I can't believe SAO made me feel something.
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Dec 20, 2014 8:48 AM

Nov 2010
It was ok for me. didn't got too emotional .. eh. nvm, good episode.
Dec 23, 2014 12:56 PM

Dec 2012
Oh my god, if they do what I think they will I'm going to break down.
Dec 26, 2014 8:25 AM

May 2013
Yuuki :(
Dec 28, 2014 4:34 AM

Mar 2014
pacuuuuu3 said:
I can't believe SAO made me feel something.

Agreed, that was quite sad

The lack of Kirito and the development in this episode will probably make this my favorite arc
Dec 28, 2014 4:47 AM
Nov 2008
Leviathonlx said:
The thing with the AIDS stuff is that given that this story was written only a few years ago and AID's isn't much of a early death sentence in the Western world any longer (let alone in 2026 when this takes place) I think something else probably would have made more sense disease wise. Regardless it was a good emotional story and adapted well.

I only recently watched the arc and the aids ruined everything for me.
I searched to thread for at least one comment like this
I sort of knew the story but I thought the disease was something like Leukemia, something doesn't require the author to create a higly improbable event for the family.
Hiv isn't as deadly as it was since many years and in such an advanced word it should be impossible to reach the stage of AIDS to any people who have access to medicine and even by itself the transition to aids can take many, many years if not diagnosticated so since it was actually diagnosticated quite early the whole situation is nonsense.

Khpconan said:

Actually... it's not that simple.
Yes, nowadays the usual person infected with HIV can expect to live a more or less decent live if he follows the drug treatment all his life. We can delay the virus development with a cocktail of RTI (reverse transcriptase inhibitors). But, guess what. HIV has a very fast mutation rate , combine a very intense drug treatment and a fast mutation rate and you have a perfect enviroment for natural selection to work. Drug resistance is a very important trouble, and it will be even more important in the future.
So actually, and given the case that in 2026 there's no cure yet, the prognosis of a HIV infected patient may be even worse, just because more strains of the virus will be drug resistant.
Of course, this is being a little pessimistic about what we will do with these 12 years until 2026. But trust me, AIDS is not a solved problem. We can't cure AIDS, we just delay the disease onset with drugs. This is not only applicable to AIDS, quite a lot of infective disease are a very serious problem if the bacteria/virus causing it is drug resistant and doesn't react to the treatment (tuberculosis, for example).

Actually the virus is mutating into less deadly versions, it's recent news.
Again, it's ok if you want to add that Yukki also have a problem related with drug resistance but again the author could choose many other terminal illness and be more realistic.

Since I deal with people with hiv I find this almost offensive.
Dec 28, 2014 12:24 PM

May 2012
Quite dramatic development but I like how it is developing so let's find out what the two last episodes will offer us!
Dec 30, 2014 10:56 AM

May 2013
This is very sad, i wish some one could already find a cure for AIDS in 2025........

please....please some oneee
Dec 30, 2014 8:32 PM

Jun 2013
So many feels... :'(
So Yuuki and others are terminally ill (and I knew that earlier before I watched this because I looked into spoilers lol) and have short time to live.
Good thing Asuna is a true friend.
Two more episodes.
Dec 31, 2014 4:20 AM

Jul 2013
Wow that was so sad, unfortunately she got AIDS. I could already feel it next episode, the feels that is.
Jan 1, 2015 2:29 PM

Jul 2013
Oh shit, my feels. ; (

Someone hold me
Jan 3, 2015 4:29 PM

May 2014
Barion-Zara said:
Can people start rating this season up now. It's ridiculous how low it is compared to S1 even though it's way better <_<

Sorry sir, this arc didn't have enough overpowered cool SFX and fanservice. Drama with Asuna and her situation with her parents was cool and all. But this Yuuki girl ain't got nothing on pseudo rape scenes that Shinon experienced. Bring Kirito back, and ratings will go up.
Jan 3, 2015 8:52 PM

Sep 2014
Just watched the episode...
Jan 4, 2015 2:01 PM

Dec 2012
Actually shed a couple of tears this episode. Really good.
Jan 7, 2015 12:26 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Trying hard not to cry too much because I have intern and classes tomorrow fuuuuck. Still cried a ton though. Puffy eyes on the first day of intern sounds like a good first impression. I already spoiled myself with Yuuki's condition but this episode still hit hard.
Jan 8, 2015 3:08 PM

Jun 2013
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Best episode of SAO and probably the best arc of all time. Some people complain about forced drama, but I need to disagree. Yuuki is suffering from a terminal illness people meaning she's going to die. Are you telling me if you had a terminal illness you'd be able smile as much as she does? She's a strong girl IMO.
It's an anime. You can't expect anime characters to portray realistic emotions given her disease, much less from a show called Sword Art Online. She's as strong as the writers want her to be. Nothing more nothing less.

That girl and her story is probably the only thing that makes me actually care about someone in this show. It's too bad she has to work with horrible characters like Asuna though. I still don't understand why Asuna is so special to this girl. Yeah sure she was "similiar" to her sister, which is just convenient isn't it. Nah, it's bullshit. Forced drama.

I would love to get an explanation on how Kirito managed to discover her secret simply by fighting her. Did she say something to him? Because if she did then we sure as hell didn't see it. Did he just guess or did he just know out of convenience to make Asuna in focus and not himself for once? I bet he knew because he is Kirito, and because Asuna fits the "you're similiar to my sister" better than Kirito.

Still think she should prioritize her guild members more. Asuna came in and took over the spotlight completely. Sure she might resemble her sister because that's convenient, but she should still not care about Asuna as much as she's doing. Her friends that she spent three years playing with are all of a sudden less important just because she met a stranger who happened to be similiar to her dead sister.

That's what I don't like about this show. Main characters being important and special for stupid reasons.
Jan 16, 2015 7:31 PM

Feb 2013
Touching episode. I had a feeling it would be something like that for Yuuki.

AnimeSweden said:
I would love to get an explanation on how Kirito managed to discover her secret simply by fighting her.
At least from what I saw during SAO, Kirito had a few more fighting encounters with "real" people than Asuna did. An opponent who "lives" there will fight differently than someone just playing a game. I would assume he simply recognized that. (Though, I think I'm giving way too much credit to this anime.)
BurntJellyJan 16, 2015 7:35 PM
Jan 16, 2015 7:50 PM

Sep 2014
BurntJelly said:

AnimeSweden said:
I would love to get an explanation on how Kirito managed to discover her secret simply by fighting her.
At least from what I saw during SAO, Kirito had a few more fighting encounters with "real" people than Asuna did. An opponent who "lives" there will fight differently than someone just playing a game. I would assume he simply recognized that. (Though, I think I'm giving way too much credit to this anime.)

It could also be that since Kirito and Yuuki are kinda one in the same when it comes to VR. They both spend a lot of time in VR so it's more of it takes one to know one. Also Kirito is pretty smart so I'd imagine he would know when someone spends a lot time in VR. It would kinda imply if you were playing video games or anything at that and could tell someone spends tons of time practicing whatever it is.
Jan 17, 2015 6:57 AM

Jun 2013
Bomb2chest said:
BurntJelly said:

It could also be that since Kirito and Yuuki are kinda one in the same when it comes to VR. They both spend a lot of time in VR so it's more of it takes one to know one. Also Kirito is pretty smart so I'd imagine he would know when someone spends a lot time in VR. It would kinda imply if you were playing video games or anything at that and could tell someone spends tons of time practicing whatever it is.
How do you know that a player who lives inside the game fights differently? It's not something that was shown to us. It sounds more like an asspull. But okay lets say that it would be true, wouldn't Asuna know this as well? She was at the top of her fighting guild was she not? Surely someone of such strength would have fought other players as well. Thus making me think that Kirito shouldn't have been the only one to realize her secret. Hell there would be loads of other people who survived SAO that could do the same.

Kirito spends as much time in the VR as anyone else. It's not like we se him game hours on end all by himself everyday. He is rarely by himself in the game he is mostly with his friends and so on. So you know, saying that he is a hardcore gamer isn't exactly the same as actually living inside the game like Yuuki.

How would Kirito know that someone spends a lot of time in VR? Does it show on their in-game characters face? I don't think so...
Jan 17, 2015 6:28 PM

Sep 2014
AnimeSweden said:
Bomb2chest said:

How do you know that a player who lives inside the game fights differently? It's not something that was shown to us. It sounds more like an asspull. But okay lets say that it would be true, wouldn't Asuna know this as well? She was at the top of her fighting guild was she not? Surely someone of such strength would have fought other players as well. Thus making me think that Kirito shouldn't have been the only one to realize her secret. Hell there would be loads of other people who survived SAO that could do the same.

Kirito spends as much time in the VR as anyone else. It's not like we se him game hours on end all by himself everyday. He is rarely by himself in the game he is mostly with his friends and so on. So you know, saying that he is a hardcore gamer isn't exactly the same as actually living inside the game like Yuuki.

How would Kirito know that someone spends a lot of time in VR? Does it show on their in-game characters face? I don't think so...

It's almost the same way a baseball scout could tell someone has talent more than others. Most likely that scout never played pro baseball in his life but he sure knows when someone has the skills. Also Kirito spent tons of more time in VR than anyone in the show(except maybe Yuuki but we still don't know that exactly. The reason Kirito even got duel wielding in SAO was because his reaction was faster than anyone's. Which he got this good from spending more time gaming in VR than most. Kirito has the skills and imo could also tell when someone is beyond him which he did. The show started off with SAO starting but they never showed how Kirito turned to VR because of real life issues(being lied to and never trusting anyone).
Jan 18, 2015 12:58 PM

Oct 2012
Very sad episode, but it was done well. Those underlying themes are something they should use from the start, it's this VR pros and cons, together with its controversy what make a story good.

Mechatronics, eh? Is it? I have a hunch that Kirito's skills can be really usefull in real life too. As they are with Yui.
Jan 31, 2015 6:01 PM

Dec 2008
Oh gawd! This was a hard episode to watch. The feels...

Sent with Mal Updater
Feb 13, 2015 1:56 PM
May 2012
Aw man........That's just........That's just sad, man :'(
Feb 23, 2015 10:35 PM

Apr 2014
Asuna used online games as a form of escapism from her unhappy home life, fancying it as her reality at times (excluding the time she was trapped in it against her will). But then, she meets someone who is truly using it as their reality as a way to escape the pain and depression of a terminally ill body, to simply even exist with some semblance of true peace and happiness. Rich and well-off girl gets hit with a heavy dose of reality.

I didn't expect that the entire Sleeping Knights guild consisted of people who were going to die soon. I had suspicions about Yuuki and Siune based on how they were acting, but the rest were a depressing surprise. If the ending is anything like what I think it'll be, then I really think this arc would benefit from having this episode moved back one or two episodes earlier to allow for more time for the build up of feels, but we'll see. If it can execute well from this momentum, then I expect this arc to end in a satisfyingly bittersweet manner.

I really love that OST when Asuna logs in to meet Yuuki again, and the ED fits incredibly well with the emotions that I was beginning to feel at the end of the episode.
Mar 3, 2015 4:47 PM
Dec 2014
This was really sad. It got me just like Episode 3 in season 1. :/
Mar 9, 2015 2:15 PM

Mar 2013
on the stone it says KIRITO did clear floor 17. YIPI!!
Mar 19, 2015 6:50 AM

Dec 2012
:((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Mar 24, 2015 7:53 PM

May 2011
This is why I watch Anime.
Apr 4, 2015 10:17 PM

Jan 2013
Man ... the feels :(
Already guessed it previous episode, just got a vibe from the guild and considering their name aswell - And it was still hella sad.
May 2, 2015 2:03 PM

Jul 2007
How the hell is this season not ranked above the first? The level to which this series turned its quality around has been astounding, but this... jeez, I knew it was coming (was spoiled), but I didn't expect it to hurt so much, and then you think that every single one of the members of the Sleeping Knights guild are in or will be in the same position as Yuuki... jeez, this show...
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
May 10, 2015 9:44 PM

Sep 2011
Kirito to the rescue?
May 18, 2015 9:18 PM

Jul 2013
Man, feel so sorry for Yuuki and her guildmates.. three months to live? seriously? I remember 5 years ago after I had undergone brain operation I was still confined in the hospital for more than a month because of all the antibiotics that I had to take through IV.. there's this one guy, a fellow patient he's just beside me. He was sleeping and then his wife was talking with my mom I was sleeping too or rather pretending to be sleeping but I was actually listening to them. She told my mom that his husband's operation was a failure and that he only has half a year left to live and that she don't how to tell him about it. I wonder what if that dude was actually awake at that time like me and was actually listening to them? Damn. RIP.

Well I admire Asuna for pursuing after Yuuki.. if I was her, I'd let her go. Why would I chase after someone who I barely know and clearly doesn't want me around? This would've been better if Asuna and Yuuki were friends for a longer time. All they did was kill a boss and that's that. This episode is really sad indeed but it lacks depth. It's good but could be better.

Yuuki can go to school using whatever it is Kirito is using to let Yui see him in the real world. I'm sure that's what they will do. Anyway I'm just glad I'm gonna watch an episode of gintama after this. Surely didn't expect a heavy drama in this show -,- I was avoiding drama dammit.
Jun 3, 2015 8:35 AM

Nov 2010
This arc is so strong not only for the swordfights, but also for it's AIDS awareness and the focuson Asuna's problems
Jun 11, 2015 4:33 PM

Jul 2008
I am surprised people had "feels" watching this episode. It was so manipulative. We don't even really /know/ Yuuki or the Sleeping Knights. How am I supposed to be invested in their terminal illnesses?

I am happy that Asuna is actually doing something though. I have missed her.
Aug 2, 2015 9:25 AM

Oct 2009
If only the rest of the show was like this, I might have caught the #feels. This felt really cheap though. They tried it.
Aug 16, 2015 9:59 PM
Aug 2015
Chabe said:
AIDs from a blood transfusion? I thought this was a first world country.

This actually annoyed me more than saddened me cause it was meant to make you sad cause a character you really liked had a terminal illness... but that illness was AIDs. Not only AIDs but HIV from a blood transfusion in a first world country where the literal first thing doctors check for when you donate blood is HIV/AIDs! Oh and btw, with medical science we've been able to prevent HIV from turning into AIDs since 2009! The novel was written in 2010 I believe she was born in 2011, and died in 2026. I can google AIDs and tell you we're fairly close to curing it and people have been living with it for over 20 years. If they wanted to kill her off, cancer would have been a better choice.

Sorry for the rant, this was bugging me that they killed off this character with emotion but one bit of lazy writing stuck.
Aug 17, 2015 2:44 PM

Jul 2015
Reli77 said:
Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeels!.. 2 eps left, my body is not ready.
Sep 12, 2015 10:58 PM

Jan 2012
Welp, we learned the devastating truth and it was...devastating. :(
Oct 2, 2015 9:49 PM

Jul 2013
Damn. Powerful stuff.
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2014

835 by ejleon »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 27, 2014

611 by Bruh69XD »»
May 10, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

432 by amf85 »»
Apr 29, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

286 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 6, 2014

418 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 3:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.